PDA

View Full Version : Items for a Paladin/Hexblade/Sorcerer?

Hiro Quester
2023-12-07, 12:37 PM
Paladin2/Hexblade1/Clockwork Soul Sorcerer+X build. Joined the party in a preexisting post-apocalypse magic-is-new campaign, at 6th level. The DM said they needed a frontline damage dealer/tank or an arcane caster, so I went with both.

Role is to initially cast Battlefield Control or Buff spell (like Bless), the tank/smiting from the frontlines.

DM asked for suggestions for magic items for this character.

So far I have:

Magic weapon (currently using Warhammer).

Magic armor (I have flavored my spells as resulting from my "clockwork" armor -- a gift of the hexblade patron who could not control the exposure to the plane of order that they granted me; the reason I went clockwork soul thereafter). Some way of actually enchanting my chainmail would be cool.

A Fewwild shard (when I use metamagic, 1/day I also roll on the Wild magic table). My character is all about balancing chaos with order, to keep civilization from collapsing further. This would balance his order with a little chaos. Seems fun.

A dragon touched focus (metallic dragon seems to fit, thematically). I have low dex, so advantage on initiative will help, for getting BFC or buffs out before others act.

Illusionist's Bracers would be great eventually, since I'll never get Extra Attack. I often have things to do with bonus action, but being able to sometimes use Booming Blade or GFB a second time in a round would make up for that.

What other suggestions could I give the DM? Recommendations very welcome.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2023-12-07, 01:01 PM
Adamantine Plate armor, it's uncommon and gets you into plate armor, plus you'll never be critically hit.

The best caster item in the game, a Mizzium Apparatus, is uncommon. This has the added benefit of allowing you to cast any Paladin or Warlock spells of a level you have a spell slot for. Just be sure you take proficiency in arcana, and pick/target the spells based on what you could end up rolling if you fail since it will likely be targeted the same as the intended spell.