PDA

View Full Version : What AI tools do you use?

SangoProduction
2023-12-10, 05:28 AM
Specifically in the context of your table's gaming.

I can start with what I use.

Like.... 2d graphics generation is a given. There are literally dozens out there already, even restricted to those which use "ethically sourced" training sets.
There is no better, cost-effective way to get the character concept you are after. And it's even better as the DM to generate battle maps, replete with natural (and artificial) cover and various features... while also fitting your particular setting, rather than crafting your setting around the maps you have. (Granted, the more precise the desired map, and less digital editing skills you have to touch it up, the more generations it will take. But it still remains powerful. And even with good drawing skills, it does basically workshop the basic layout of the map for you to finish up / draw.) Not to mention being your one-stop shop for innumerable tokens for precisely the combatants you want.

ChatGPT is also great for general workshopping of the campaign. You can bounce ideas back and forth while neither spoiling anyone on it, nor annoying someone who is not involved. It is really that mythical personal digital assistant, that only judges when you specifically tell it to judge, and it does tend to give generally good criticism. A lot of internet users could do with similar training.
Also, it can just spew forth ideas, if you've really hit a writer's block, and just have no idea what to do. Pick something that seems kinda interesting. Workshop it. Refine it. Run it. And by then, at least in my experience, you're back on track.

As of recently, I've also been using Suno for completely copyright-free music, customized to your designs. It has... issues when you want purely instrumental pieces, and is temperamental to say the least, but is gradually getting better. Regardless, who doesn't like having your bard actually sing a little diddy, or to have some nice background music that doesn't immediately pull people out by going "Oh yeah, I've heard this song before."
Honestly. that's certainly not a big problem. It's at least better to have than to either constantly be fiddling with your background music or to be playing in total silence. So I guess it's mostly just an excuse to have more songs to be generated, because I enjoy it. There's something viscerally fulfilling about it.

137beth
2023-12-12, 12:09 PM
Zlib compression built into PDFs.

Do name generators count as "AI" nowadays?

I can't think of anything else.

NichG
2023-12-12, 01:35 PM
Pretty much just Stable Diffusion and the surrounding tools (ControlNet, upscalers, etc). I haven't found the text generation models to really be worth the effort it takes to get usable results from them in terms of time saved vs just writing it myself, but there's massive savings and increase in quality with image generation compared to what I'd be able to do otherwise.

Music could be up there but I haven't seen anything yet good enough I'd want to use it.

I'd consider using a realtime voice changer to voice characters, but I'm not sure what's good and also customizable to unusual voices rather than just voice mimicry. Realtime adjustment of accents or dialects would also be neat features and should be possible with stuff that exists in pieces already, but I don't know of software that actually brings it all together.

Telonius
2023-12-13, 03:45 PM
Personally, none. Coming up with names, maps, and descriptions is fun for me, and that's not something I'd want to give away.

If we used music during campaigns, an AI playlist would definitely be something I'd consider using. But since I'm hearing impaired, having music on in the background would make it basically impossible for me to hear the players.

QuadraticGish
2023-12-15, 11:22 AM
I've got my own Stable Diffusion setups; which I use for handling portraits(via generation and then an inpainting workflow to corrections/edits) for the NPCs in the games I plan and their landscape backgrounds. For names, I got the book of names for that. Otherwise, everything else I have a handle on.