PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting War for the Crown PF1 Adventure Path

paradox26
2023-12-12, 06:30 AM
I have the urge to run something with a bit more intrigue than combat, so I had a look through the various published adventure paths, and discovered one I hadn't heard of before. The adventure path is called War for the Crown. I considered starting at higher level partway through the path, but decided I would prefer to start from the beginning so you get the full effect of the intrigue, rather than having to have part of the background explained to the PCs. So, here it is.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Pathfinder 1E
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Published Module.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
This forum.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
1st level.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard WBL.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No Homebrew. All Paizo material will be allowed for classes, but nothing else. I know that Psions would be ideal, but that might just make things too easy, so I will ban DSP material this time.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Stick to Common races, though I don't mind variants of them where available.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
30 point buy. Hit points are at max for level 1, then three quarters rounded up after that.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is more of a guideline, and will only really be of use when determining spell effects. But I want you to be able to operate as part of a team. No Chaotic Evil lone wolves. I expect people to play to their alignments for this game, as the machinations you encounter will be dealt with differently by different alignments.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Multiclass at will, when the time comes. No penalties. Variant Multiclassing is also permitted.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
I will roll mine, you will roll yours, unless it saves time or for gameplay reasons I need to roll yours, such as Perception checks.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Variant Multiclassing allowed. Two traits permitted. Guns are Emerging. Background Skills are in use, to broaden roleplay opportunities. One drawback may be taken.
ELephant in the Room rules are in play.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Keep it brief and interesting. About three short paragraphs should be enough for a level one character. Enough to get to know your character and to get a feel for your writing ability.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
As it is a published module, there will be a mixture of all.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
All Paizo material is permitted, and only that.
You will need the Player's Guide to the War for the Crown, which is available for free on Paizo's website. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

namo
2023-12-12, 07:09 AM
Oh, love me some intrigue!

Perhaps a Kitsune, a Brazen Deceiver Bard or a Mesmerist... I will think on it.

edit: ah, nevermind, Kitsune are uncommon. That's a shame; they can pass for humanoids after all.

SurlySeraph
2023-12-12, 10:57 AM
Intriguing! I'm thinking of playing a servant who can sneak around beneath notice, inspired by the line in the player's guide "Halflings, gnomes, and half-orcs are considered suitable only for roles as servants." Not sure what class. Ninja or Slayer is tempting, Cleric or Life Oracle to use Insidious Healing or Seductive Channel is also tempting.

Edit: Larq Red-Arrows, half-orc slayer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861629).

spectralphoenix
2023-12-12, 01:35 PM
This sounds interesting! I would like to put in an entry for this, perhaps an investigator?

Would this be done through the forums or some other medium?

paradox26
2023-12-12, 01:56 PM
The game will be hosted on the forums. And an Investigator would be a good choice of class for this game.

DrK
2023-12-12, 03:34 PM
Oh, I've fancied the looks of this AP for a while so would be very interested in throwing my hat into the ring. Would be a human most lilkey as that is the common race in Taldor and if okay a minor noble scion of some minor house. In terms of class I'd be looking at Inquisitor of Abador I think or potentially a Cavalier for a classic Knight.

Will be back later!

Thunder999
2023-12-12, 05:21 PM
Interested, I'm thinking a Human Mesmerist, I'm thinking minor nobility with the Senatorial Hopeful trait.

DrK
2023-12-12, 05:22 PM
Here is the WIP for Rikkard Vernissant (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861605) an Inquisitor of Iomedae, a young man who has travelled to the Worldwound and has returned and is saddened by demise of the glory of Taldor

Kallimakus
2023-12-12, 05:26 PM
Sounds interesting. Perhaps a warrior type to go with all the mentally adept ideas. I'll need to read up on the player's guide.

Da'Shain
2023-12-12, 05:50 PM
Posting interest as a Half-Elf Amnesiac Psychic with the Young Reformer trait and Noble Scion: Merosett. An unacknowledged scion of the house who was shuffled off into a clerkship to keep him "happy" upon reaching teenage years, Eutheus was able to rise swiftly through the ranks to become an auditor, thanks in part to the psychic powers he was able to awaken with access to much of Taldor's more obscure and esoteric writings, powers he attempts to keep secret where possible. His House's loyalty to Pythareus and thus disdain for his origins already primed him to despise the more traditionalist aspects of Taldane society, but Eutheus' job also made him privy to all the varied and sundry ways the kingdom's bureaucracy had created to keep the peasantry down while maintaining a veneer of legality and order. His habit of clandestinely advising commoners on how to navigate the bureaucracy made him many friendly contacts among them, which he can utilize for certain tasks.

Frosty
2023-12-12, 06:23 PM
Sounds interesting. Perhaps a warrior type to go with all the mentally adept ideas. I'll need to read up on the player's guide.

What type of warrior? Nice to see you getting to play!

Ricka Draws
2023-12-12, 07:58 PM
I've been wanting to play an arcanist lately, not quite sure if it'll be suited for intrigue but with int and cha it could be a decent face and grab plenty of skills

BTW, Is myth weavers working for you? Can't open sheets from the phone

paradox26
2023-12-12, 09:05 PM
Keep in mind that I always go for a balanced party, so I will be picking from among all of the mindreader type classes for only one or two party spots.

Ancient
2023-12-12, 09:17 PM
Expressing interest as Fletcher Tate (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861709), a Dandy Ranger with the Rising Star trait.

paradox26
2023-12-12, 09:35 PM
I've been wanting to play an arcanist lately, not quite sure if it'll be suited for intrigue but with int and cha it could be a decent face and grab plenty of skills

BTW, Is myth weavers working for you? Can't open sheets from the phone

I just got home and checked, and MythWeavers seems to be up and working properly.

ALso, just a note to everyone. As this is a published module, there is no need for high optimisation levels. SO please, keep it moderate and go for well fleshed out characters rather than a bunch of stats and abilities.

Stelio Kontos
2023-12-12, 09:51 PM
My interest is fully fully piqued. Thinking something of the arcane, bookish variety.

spectralphoenix
2023-12-13, 12:54 AM
Still a bit provisional, but I'll go ahead and post it to mark my spot - Reynard Black (WIP) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861751). I'll put in a more formal writeup of his backstory in a bit, but I'm thinking Reynard is a former low-ranking magistrate who was investigating internal corruption within the government. He was framed and driven out, and now is looking for a backer who can help him uncover the truth - and maybe get a little revenge on the way.

BelGareth
2023-12-13, 01:17 PM
Expressing interest. P26 with all the games!

EDIT: thinking full face as this seems to be more intrigue than anything.

DrK
2023-12-13, 02:11 PM
My Inquisitor is complete. Bit of a Robin of Loxley vibe after being humbled by his experience at the Worldwound

BelGareth
2023-12-13, 02:57 PM
Maten Lotheed: complete

Maten Lotheed (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861867)
M LG Human Honor Guard Cavalier, Level 1, Init 3, HP 12/12, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, CMD 17, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will , CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 1
Bastard sword [MAB] (1d10+3, 19-20/x2)
double damage on charge Lance [MAB] (1d8+3, x3)
Dagger [MAB]/[RAB] (1d4, 19-20/x2)
Breastplate, Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition None

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e4/f8/62/e4f862234ea99db28e6d9f51fd7db176.jpg

Note: it's pretty insane how close it is to DrK's build, but i think it's different enough that it doesn't matter, and we are definitely going in different directions.

zlefin
2023-12-13, 04:22 PM
Interesting, but I'll have to see if I can get my character concept to come together, and as with any AP there's a lot of competition for slots.

Looking to make something chaotic evil that works; my first idea was more neutral evil once I reviewed the pertinent sections, tweaking it to CE will take some work. But it does seem quite doable; char-wise it'd probably be a human rogue.

DrK
2023-12-13, 04:52 PM
Maten Lotheed: complete

[URL=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861867][B][SIZE=+1]

Note: it's pretty insane how close it is to DrK's build, but i think it's different enough that it doesn't matter, and we are definitely going in different directions.

Only the traits are similar so we are both nobles. I'm jack of all trades inquisitor, you're melee front line :smallsmile: But equally would be a good combination as they have a reason to know each other if both military

BelGareth
2023-12-13, 04:57 PM
Only the traits are similar so we are both nobles. I'm jack of all trades inquisitor, you're melee front line :smallsmile: But equally would be a good combination as they have a reason to know each other if both military

yep, was thinking the same exact thing, if we both get in, maybe we knew each other when we were younger?

Frosty
2023-12-14, 07:19 AM
I will be submitting a Human Bard [Lotus Geisha] from Andoran. She is here to get blackmail material and spread democracy! Definitely NOT here for oil.

Khosan
2023-12-14, 08:43 AM
Interested, I'm gonna try putting together a Vigilante and see how that goes. Thinking a modest civil servant by day, anti-corruption face puncher by night kind of deal.

n0ble
2023-12-14, 12:01 PM
My contribution (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1498229) so far-can adjust her as needed so that she's either a token evil teamate or firmly on the side of good as the LN character as the AP dictates.

Paddywagon Man
2023-12-14, 02:59 PM
Ostsi, or "The Common Tongue" (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862061) is all but complete as a muckracking anonymous propagandist and Vigilante.

Just wanted to ask, my "Rising Star" trait involves my having a noble patron. Are there any particular Taldan nobles already in play that would fit, or should I just throw a name together for more of a background character?

Kallimakus
2023-12-14, 03:53 PM
Here is Annika Koivisto (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861775), a human swashbuckler looking to get ahead in life. And maybe play the cards right to join the Ulfen guard like her father.

paradox26
2023-12-14, 06:44 PM
Ostsi, or "The Common Tongue" (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862061) is all but complete as a muckracking anonymous propagandist and Vigilante.

Just wanted to ask, my "Rising Star" trait involves my having a noble patron. Are there any particular Taldan nobles already in play that would fit, or should I just throw a name together for more of a background character?

From what I have read so far, you will be pushing the agenda of the Crown Princess. But I would rather develop that link in play. So just go with a made up noble to have as a patron for now.

Paddywagon Man
2023-12-15, 12:38 PM
So, one thing I noticed, the Elven Branch Spear (https://aonprd.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elven+branch ed+spear) says that Elves treat it as a martial weapon in its description, unlike the other racial weapons. Which while normally redundant and probably an oversight, theoretically means an Elf could use it even if they traded away their racial Weapon Familiarity trait.

Would this be ok, or a bit too cheesy?

Farmerbink
2023-12-15, 03:05 PM
Boy, there's a lot of familiar faces in this thread!

So DarkOne and I once created a pair of characters for this game that I'm sure we'd love to actually play. I'll prod him and see if he's up for it before I get too excited, but I'l share some broad strokes ideas:

They're a pair of twins, raised in the Calistrian church for *ahem* reasons of intrigue. Obviously, the forums are rated G/PG, and so will the play, with only very vague references to the tools employed to gain information. I'll have to rebuild my character entirely- can't find the old sheet- but they're both intended to be complimentary background support characters.

To that end, you mentioned that "psions would be ideal," in the context of prohibiting DPS. Are you familiar with and comfortable with the Paizo psionic classes? I've been dying to play a mesmerist, and this is a near perfect AP for it. :-)

DarkOne-Rob
2023-12-15, 05:37 PM
Saying hello here! I will review the Big 16, update Lillian, and get her ready for review this weekend.

Thunder999
2023-12-15, 06:54 PM
Here's my character Laecian Scapulanus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861555) mesmerist, aspiring senator to be, and all around dashing gentleman.

Zhentarim
2023-12-15, 08:20 PM
I just read through the player's guide here:
https://hwalkermerrill.github.io/war4crown/attachments/player-guide.pdf

I'll make something soon.

Osmin Silver was born to a half-elf mother and full-elf father in the

paradox26
2023-12-15, 10:46 PM
So, one thing I noticed, the Elven Branch Spear (https://aonprd.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Elven+branch ed+spear) says that Elves treat it as a martial weapon in its description, unlike the other racial weapons. Which while normally redundant and probably an oversight, theoretically means an Elf could use it even if they traded away their racial Weapon Familiarity trait.

Would this be ok, or a bit too cheesy?
I would rule that if you trade out weapon familiarity, then you lose access to the elven branched spear as well.

Boy, there's a lot of familiar faces in this thread!

So DarkOne and I once created a pair of characters for this game that I'm sure we'd love to actually play. I'll prod him and see if he's up for it before I get too excited, but I'l share some broad strokes ideas:

They're a pair of twins, raised in the Calistrian church for *ahem* reasons of intrigue. Obviously, the forums are rated G/PG, and so will the play, with only very vague references to the tools employed to gain information. I'll have to rebuild my character entirely- can't find the old sheet- but they're both intended to be complimentary background support characters.

To that end, you mentioned that "psions would be ideal," in the context of prohibiting DPS. Are you familiar with and comfortable with the Paizo psionic classes? I've been dying to play a mesmerist, and this is a near perfect AP for it. :-)

I haven't read through the Paizo occultist material, but I am okay with them. There are a couple of mesmerist applications anready, so it will have to stand out to be picked. But I don't have a problem with them.

DarkNetwerk
2023-12-16, 12:16 PM
Looking at the Player's Guide and the premise, I'm thinking a Virtuous Bravo Paladin, may work. I'll put something together over the coming days.

n0ble
2023-12-16, 06:25 PM
Anything my characters missing? Looking like we have a lot of holy peoples as applicants-lemme know what I can do to tune Maya up/refine the character a bit if shes in danger of not standing out that much. :smallsmile: If it helps with decisions my plan was to play her as a sort of Mr. World from American Gods type (the show version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W10naYa-l6U)).

I was looking through my Taldor: the First Empire setting guide and there isnt a lot about relations with Cheliax beyond a paragraph so I can definitley edit her backstory if aspects of it seem unreasonable. From what I can glean from the "Faces of the Senate" entry the Talbots as an upper class family are sortve divided between monetary and political power, with a lot of the recent family drama stemming from the fact that the heir apparent to the family-Maya's brother-decided to become a priest of Abadar & adventurer. Figured if the family patriarch was going to allow for any sort of priest into the family again it'd be the litigator sort to actually help his ambitions :smallbiggrin:

Stelio Kontos
2023-12-16, 06:42 PM
Presenting Eathan Zespire (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862297), noble scion of his family, master of the arcane, and a young reformer looking to reshape Taldan culture. (I do need to buy equipment and such, but all the other mechanics are there.)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/6b/71/136b719c8fa31af00bb7943dd7849ba9.jpg

Eathan Zespire, born and raised in Oppara, as were his parents before him, and their parents before them. He is an only child, and adored by his parents and their family. He was a gifted student from the beginning, outshining his peers in the local schoolhouses that his family funded. (They would not dare provide private tutorship, of course; if the educational systems they aspired to were good enough for the masses, they were good enough for their son.) His particular aptitude for magical studies was obvious, and the parents acquired all manner of materials with which to enrich his mind.

The local Zespire clan's efforts drew the disfavor of most of the upper Taldan nobility, who (in the family's eyes) preferred to keep a docile, uneducated, limited populace doing their bidding. Above all else, the Zespires in general (and Eathan in particular) believe strongly in the nurturing of the human potential -- or elven, or dwarven, and so forth; they have little use for the bigotry common among the nobility. Eathan is well aware of his good fortune of his relative wealth and privilege, though his family has gone through much of its fortune of late in their efforts, leaving Eathan to fend for himself. He would, above all else, wish to expand his family's programs into the national culture -- it would provide a great benefit and jot Taldor from its doddering, decaying ways.

Paddywagon Man
2023-12-16, 08:29 PM
Completely fair on the branch spear!

Since Cabalist uses the Witch spell list, if I got a patron from VMC Witch, would I be able to use the patron spells?

paradox26
2023-12-16, 09:54 PM
Completely fair on the branch spear!

Since Cabalist uses the Witch spell list, if I got a patron from VMC Witch, would I be able to use the patron spells?

I will be nice and say yes to that, though I am not certain if it is as intended.

Paddywagon Man
2023-12-17, 12:42 AM
Awesome, thanks.

Might not end up picking it anyways, I'm still weighing Magus and Witch for more combat or investigative potential respectively.

DarkTogashi
2023-12-17, 03:58 PM
Looks like I'm late to the party here. It also looks like a good chance to play my hangover cleric. Would I be able to use the Redeemed Queen version of Nocticula?

Edit:

William The Bastard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2853808) Human Cleric 1 CN HP 10 / 10 Speed ft Init 1 AC 17 Fort 4 Ref 1 Will 5 CMB +2 BAB 0 Morning Star +2 (1D8+2, x2)
Dagger +2 (1d4+2, 19-20,x2) Str 14 (2) Dex 12 (1) Con 14 (2) Wis 17 (3) Int 11 (0) Cha 16 (3)

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/410520063_7638582476155232_1648232615624696373_n.j pg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=3635dc&_nc_ohc=ZdZi6NhRxTcAX9Fc_rq&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AfAGM0IHeXgk_2_eEMCSsl0sbVWUlTPNyo1zt4U7eYvo Iw&oe=658449A0

paradox26
2023-12-17, 11:47 PM
The Redeemed Queen has a lot of flavour to it, so I fully approve of it.

Just to let everyone know, I was going to give everyone an extra week, but due to the holidays, I will close interest and make selections on the 28th December Australian time, so 27th in the US. So there should be plenty of time without cutting into everyone's Christmas festivities, for those who partake.

Khosan
2023-12-18, 12:17 AM
Well, gonna squeak Sidora (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862163) in if I can. Between work and a couple migraines I just got her into a mostly complete state. Just shopping left to do, everything else is pretty much complete.

BelGareth
2023-12-18, 01:48 PM
withdrawing interest.

DrK
2023-12-18, 02:56 PM
Any idea of a closing date for the applications @Paradox26?

Frosty
2023-12-18, 05:17 PM

The 27th he said.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-12-18, 08:49 PM
Lillian Wilde (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863042)
Female Chaotic Neutral Half-Orc Cleric, Level 1, Init 6, HP 9/9, Speed 30 ft, unarmored
AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 7, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0
Armor (+2 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 16, Cha 13
Condition None
Submitting the work-in-progress for Lillian Wilde. I still need to purchase gear and would like a brief ruling from the DM (asked in Discord PM), but she's otherwise ready for prime time! Done!

Lillian (and her sister, Seresey) haven't had an easy time of things in Taldor. Of the two (fraternal) twin sisters, Lillian is the happier - she's found her calling in the cult of Calistria. She's a happily devoted priestess of the Savored Sting, a thief and a temple-prostitute. Lillian enjoys her place in the world, especially as she has started to discover a taste for the finer things in life. She's attractive, smart, and capable of forwarding the causes of the cult without getting caught by the law in Oppara. Men fall over themselves to attract her attention and her regular suitors and patrons often shower her with additional gifts when spending the evening with her.

It's not perfect, of course - Seresey is right that there is great injustice in the city, much of it directed at half-orcs and other outcasts, like the sisters. While not as bothered as her sister, Lillian doesn't like that the same men that enjoyed her company the night before walk down the other side of the street the next morning. That's life, though, and Lillian has stopped worrying about that much. Besides, she can influence change subtly, slowly, and safely doing what she does. If a better opportunity were to appear Lillian would take it, but first she has to ensure the "Family" (the cult) is in a position to gain. Calistria has blessed her so far - no reason to stop when her luck is hot!

By serving the Family Lillian has found a comfortable place in Oppara where she can enjoy all that Calistria offers - handsome men and the opportunity to tease them (preferably with her sister), chances to enjoy some trickery on the foolish and gullible, and even the occasional taste of revenge. Lillian has practiced thievery skills that most clerics would boggle to try and understand, but she knows in the Family such skills are highly valuable. They've earned her a spot in several clandestine, nighttime burglaries and kept food on the table for both Seresey and Lillian more than once. Her unique mix of talents might even let her take the lead in a future upset when the crown is up for grabs someday...

Oh how she'd enjoy holding a real crown in her hands! What fun!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/2f/c6/a02fc6c5637e39b727a8d45d3a4c7727.png
Name: Lillian Wilde (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863042)
Gender: Female Race: Half-Orc (https://www.aonprd.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Half-Orc) Age: 22
Class: Cleric (https://aonprd.com/ClassDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Cleric) (Cardinal (https://www.aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Cleric%20Cardinal) Archetype)
Level: 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Calistria (https://aonprd.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Calistria)

Primary Role: Scouting and Infiltration, Divine Magic Support, Light Ranged Combat
Secondary Supporting Skills: Social skills, including Disguise, Healing

Concept: Hedonistic and often "invisible" twin sister (to Seresey Wilde, FarmerBink's pending submission), Champion of Calistria and advocate for the cult in Oppara.

Important Notes: I intend Lillian to fulfill most of the out-of-combat role of the standard Rogue. Having both a Rogue-type and Lillian selected will probably result in significant overlap of the PCs. She's not your usual Cleric - she's my effort to make the Trickery (https://www.aonprd.com/DomainDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Trickery) Domain functional, including the three additional class skills. It is both an optimization challenge and an RP challenge I intend for myself.

Lillian has a Wasp Familiar (https://aonprd.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Wasp%20Familiar) named Mandarinia. According to the feat text, she functions like a Greensting Scorpion (https://aonprd.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Greensting%20Scorpion ) with some modified statistics. Mandarinia provides the Alertness feat when within arms reach and +4 Initiative when within one mile.

Of medium height, curvy, and graceful, Lillian turns heads everywhere she goes. Her outfit changes dramatically based on her activities, but when she can she wears her "priestess" garb - a gold and black, form-fitting courtesan's outfit that is only modest in the most technical sense and leaves very little to the imagination.
Lillian can be whomever she needs to be, based on her clientele and current job. Looking for an innocent, sweet lover? She can play that role. Want to have someone put you in your place? Meet Lillian the dominatrix! Just looking for someone to talk and listen to you? Lillian will happily escort you to that special event and make you feel like a star the entire time. To other escorts she is a loyal and protective sister whose loyalty knows no limits. When working as part of a team she is a capable, dependable lockpick, and scout.

None of these are really true, but her devotion to Calistria is. Lillian lives for the thrill of the biting sting of vengeance and sating her lust for life.

Lillian's greatest weakness is her love of comfort and luxury. Lillian enjoys her work, both for the physical pleasures and the opportunity to live the high life - even if only for a night. Nothing gives her greater joy than lounging in silks and furs while eating fine food. Lillian rarely really lets her hair down, but if you are ever going to catch her unaware, it is during a steaming bubble bath with a glass of well-aged liquor.
Fate's Favored (Faith Trait) - Lillian is blessed by Calistria, a goddess of good fortune and luck. She's literally luckier than others!

Young Reformer (Campaign Trait) - Lillian hopes to carve out a better place for the cult of Calistria in Oppara as a part of upcoming reforms and changes in society. It's her most heartfelt desire.

Reactionary (Combat Trait) - Growing up in the slums left Lillian quick to react to perceived threats. She's always watching out and rarely surprised.

Scavenger (Half-Orc Alternate Racial Trait) - As a child Lillian and her sister Seresey had it rough. They spent time in the slums and sometimes had to make hard times work. Lillian got very good at scavenging in the back alleys, sometimes even doing more...

Sacred Tattoo (Half-Orc Alternate Racial Trait) - The tattoo of Calistria's holy symbol (three daggers) on her chest is intended both for beauty and devotion to the Lady in the Room. Lillian believes her faith protects her, and through this lucky tattoo she is right!

Fey Thoughts (Half-Orc Alternate Racial Trait) - Calistria is usually a goddess of elves, not orcs. Spending so much of her early life amongst the fey-touched of the cult has led to Lillian thinking differently than other half-orcs. She's more agile and perceptive as a result of her years in the sacred brothel.
Hedonistic - Though she grew up in slums surrounded by prostitution and poverty, Lillian has worked hard to get where she is and enjoys and appreciates the few fineries she has. While she isn't spoiled, yet, she certainly wants to be...

paradox26
2023-12-19, 12:39 AM

Yes, I will close applications and make selections on the 28th Australian time, which will be the 27th US time. If anyone needs extra time because of the holidays, let me know and I can extend.

Farmerbink
2023-12-20, 03:00 PM
Seresey Wilde (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863467)
F Neutral (Evil?) Half Orc Witch (Scarred Witch Doctor), Level 1, Init 2, HP 8/8, Speed 30
AC 12, Touch 12, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 0
Dagger +0/+2 (1d4, 19-20, x2)
- Fetish Mask (+0 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 21*, Wis 14, Cha 12
Condition None

https://i.imgur.com/eh5mkjU.png
Name: Seresey Wilde (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863042)
Gender: Female Race: Half-Orc (https://www.aonprd.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Half-Orc) Age: 22
Class: Witch (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/) (Scarred Witch-Doctor (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-orc/scarred-witch-doctor-witch-orc) Archetype)
Deception Patron- perhaps from Calistria? Or perhaps from a semi-aligned alternative source.
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral (perhaps Neutral Evil)
Deity: Calistria (https://aonprd.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Calistria), but certainly not fanatically so.

Primary Role: Debuffing and Battlefield Control, intimidate in social settings
Secondary Supporting Skills: Buffing and Healing

Concept: Jaded and volatile, Seresey is at her core a wicked person, willing to inflict great harm and pain in the interest of what she perceives to be appropriate ends. She works with the church of Calistria (thanks to her zealous sister), and is equally content to use her wiles and looks or her inexplainable arcane tools to achieve her goals.

Seresey is a fit young woman, bearing just enough odd coloration and with pronounced enough teeth that it's a challenge to pass as full-blooded Human. Still, she carries herself with poise, and watches her surroundings with a keen, intelligent gaze. Perfectly content to be watched, her garb is form-fitting and easy to move in- not *quite* revealing, per say.

Her upper thighs bear a pair of strange, ugly scars. Easily hidden in the day-to-day, she nonetheless occasionally rests a hand atop her thigh with a strangely intense expression. It's hard to be sure if she's proud or ashamed of the scars- if you're one of the few that ever gets to see them.Seresey is profoundly jaded. Deeply disturbed by the cultural nature of Taldor, where men of all kinds are all-too happy to seek out the "monstrous" or "exotic" encounters with herself and her sister, but unwilling to meet their gaze in public, or indeed treat them like *people*, she harbors a deep grudge against virtually everyone- but perhaps especially the human men she interacts with.

If forced to acknowledge her own evil nature, she might struggle immensely to make sense of it, justify her past behavior, and forgive herself to move forward. Or she might become a genuine villain.Bruising Intellect: Seresey is, in a word, brilliant. She nearly always learns things right on the first try, often without having to actually *try*. Coupled with her intense distaste for the culture she lives in, her tongue can be a force to be reckoned with. Biting rebukes flow like water, with only enough care given to who she might offend to ensure she is infrequently punished for it.

Overwhelming beauty: Young and pretty, Seresey is quite content to use the carnal nature of mankind's thoughts against them. A winsome smile here, a tender touch there, mixed with just enough twinkling in the eyes and most any man will give her what she wants. When that proves insufficient, she often finds those same targets particularly susceptible to her arcane influence.Seresey is convinced that Taldor is a brutish, backwards, misogynistic place. She's difficult to get to know (perhaps by design), and more than willing to do gruesome things to further the agenda she perceives as appropriate. In the wrong context, she might easily make powerful enemies by misjudging her targets or their responses to her less-kind attentions.Seresey is deeply protective of her twin sister Lilian. Though she is often bothered by her counterpart's apparently lackadaisical view on culture, politics, and society at large, she will eagerly defend her against any harm or beratement- that doesn't come from her, at least.

Everyone else is kept at least at arm's length.

@Paradox26 If you would like, I can easily talk at fairly great length about the person Seresey is. It actually took me several days to settle on witch mechanically, because I struggled for a long time to make my original Oracle build work when it just ultimately wasn't suitable to the character I had in mind.

I would be thrilled to see her become less jaded as she find like-minded allies committed to helping make Taldor a kinder place, perhaps especially to non-Humans and women. I would be equally amused and entertained to go very much the other direction and have her be the party's genuinely evil foil who sometimes has to be kept in check to keep their goals moving in the right direction.

zlefin
2023-12-20, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna bow out I think; there's a lot of competition and I'd rather spend my limited time atm on somethin gwith better odds of getting in. Also not like my char was fleshed out stat-wise; only their lore/background had been figured out (and yes, I did come up with a good way to be CE and still be productive and helpful to the party).

Farmerbink
2023-12-20, 03:25 PM
Figured I would go ahead and put together a table for you, and goodness there's a lot of (at least works-in-progress) submissions! In order of throwing the link in the thread (and without BelGareth, since he indicated removed interest):

Character
Player
Class
Role
Completion

Larq Red-arrows (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861629)
Surly
Slayer
Damage/face skills
Yes- limited description

Rikkard Vernissant (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861605)
DrK
Inquisitor
Damage/Encyclopedia/Divine support
Yes

Fletcher Tate (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861709)
Ancient
Ranger
Unsure
No

Reynard Black (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861751)
spectralpheonix
Investigator
Skills/damage?
Mostly

Maya Talbot (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1498229)
n0ble
Cleric
Divine... support?
For sure

Ostsi Liviacus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862061)
Paddywagon Man
Vigilante
Rogue/arcane? I don't really know
Yes

Annika Koivisto (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861775)
Kallimakus
Swashbuckler
damage/face
Yes

Laecian Scapulanus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2861555)
Thunder
Mesmerist
Face/BFC/support
Yes

Eathan Zespire (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862297)
Stelio
Arcanist
Arcane support/knowledge/face
yes

William "the Bastard" (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2853808)
DarkTogashi
cleric
divine support
Mostly- lacking equip and deity/domain details

Sidora Rufinus "Rust" (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862163)
Khosan
Vigilante
Skills/Bfc?
yes

Lilian Wilde (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863042)
DarkOne
Cleric
Skills/divine support
mostly- equipment

Seresey Wilde (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863467)
FarmerBink
Witch
Debuffing/BFC
yes

Good grief, that one was a doozy. Feel free to edit/amend your entries as needed, and add for future submissions, add yourself to the list!

DrK
2023-12-20, 05:21 PM
Yes, I will close applications and make selections on the 28th Australian time, which will be the 27th US time. If anyone needs extra time because of the holidays, let me know and I can extend.

Sorry, I missed that totally. But I'm all good the young Lord Vernassant stands ready, "For Taldor"!

Thanks @ farmerbink for dragging the table together.

Khosan
2023-12-20, 06:21 PM
Can confirm, Sid's secondary/combat focus is battlefield control. She's kind of garbage in a fight right now, but she'll get better and eventually be able to actually deal reasonable (but still non-lethal) damage.

Frosty
2023-12-20, 06:24 PM
Matanya Harino (aka Rebecca Romos) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863747)

Race and class: Human Bard [Lotus Geisha]
Who she is: A firm believer in "freedom and democracy" and bringer of social change
Specialties: Infiltration, lockpicking, charm, magical support.
Deity: Milani
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Position: Backline with a bow and bardic performance.

https://i.ibb.co/W3m5TzT/Courtesan-black-hair.png
Matanya Harino is a young woman who grew up in Andoran and has relatives living in Andoran and in Taldor. She grew up on stories of freedom and egality and how the people of Andoran won their independence from the evil slaver nobles of Cheliax. She heard how all the other governments in the world (except for Galt, which…has its own issues) do not represent their people like the Andoran government does. The wide-eyed, idealistic Matanya joined the Eagle Knights in order to “spread freedom” to the world.

In the Eagle Knights, Matanya developed some basic bardic skills and magics, but her limited martial prowess made it clear she wasn’t going to be a star in the Golden Legion or the Steel Falcons. However, her silver tongue, soft movements, and skill with disguises marked her as a prime recruit for the Twilight Talons. Matanya was recruited into Andoran’s secret espionage organization, and her first real mission would not send her far from home. She was to assume the role of an exotic dancer and lady of the night, and look for opportunities to gather intel and blackmail on various nobles and politicians in Taldor. These intel would aid in future machinations to engineer a political change in Taldor.

Having relatives in Taldor, Matanya actually cares about Taldor enough to want to improve the lot of Taldor’s citizens. As such, she firmly believes in her mission beyond just her zeal to spread freedom. She has been in Taldor for the better part of a year now, and has had some success. Matanya, whose undercover name is <Rebecca Romos>, has built quite the reputation as a brazen and beautiful escort, with skill in song, dance, and conversation. When Lady Martella Lotheed’s invitation to the Exaltation Gala arrived at the brothel, Matanya was quite surprised. Surprised, but not unprepared. This even would be a goldmine for her. Armed with a working knowledge of the various nobles and political faction, a scandalously revealing and distracting dress, and the willingness to do anything to succeed, Matanya will change Taldor, one way or another.

Matanya's true personality is hard to determine because when she is playing a role, she tends to play it to the hilt. In her current role, she often plays up her sophistication and her worldliness. When she does let her true self shine through, Matanya exudes playful energy combined with an abundance of confidence that only youth can bring. She perks up whenever the topic of societal change and liberation is brought up and is willing to talk someone's ears off on the subject.

Paddywagon Man
2023-12-20, 07:09 PM
Nice to see the table come together!

Ostsi's main strengths are information gathering and control of public opinion, with the Imperial Agent's 'Slander' ability he can shift the general public's attitude towards people or groups (over a matter of a couple days, can't exactly pull it as a standard action unfortunately) and he's got a lot of good stuff for gathering information as well. Planning to pick up a level in Sleepless Detective to double down on it.

Also performs fine as a frontliner, with arcane support and debuffs to offer as well.

n0ble
2023-12-21, 02:19 PM
Maya's def here for buffing/supporting others :smallsmile: thanks for the table Bink!

@paradox26 do you have a particular preference for Maya's alignment? Pact Servant means she's LN but it would mean trading out one of her other 2 non campaign traits.

Frosty
2023-12-21, 04:28 PM
Maya's def here for buffing/supporting others :smallsmile: thanks for the table Bink!

@paradox26 do you have a particular preference for Maya's alignment? Pact Servant means she's LN but it would mean trading out one of her other 2 non campaign traits.

Why do you need to sacrifice a trait to be LN? Clerics can be one alignment away from the deity right?

paradox26
2023-12-21, 11:24 PM
You can be whatever alignment you like, as long as you are prepared to play to it, and as long as it isn’t disruptive to the party as a whole.

namo
2023-12-22, 04:18 PM

In a field of level 1 PCs with (generally) really high social skills, Maya actually takes the cake with +14 for Bluff & Diplo!! And high Sense Motive and cleric casting. That is a funny build!

After setting aside my initial idea, I've found inspiration in one of the campaign traits, and I'm submitting Heloise, a "Rising Star" playwright.
Mechanically, she's an Inquisitor, but she's definitely no inquisitor: fluff-wise, I'm thinking her powers come from a pact with a fey entity (a Muse of sorts).
Since the line-up is bit weak on the tanking side, I went for summoning: she can repeatedly throw summons in the fray, who can either deal a bit of damage and flank (if ignored), or take hits instead of the PCs if targeted!
She has Cure Light Wounds also.

The way I'll play her spells / SLA is that she uses them as a playwright, describing a scene to make it happen.
"And the Lady laid a gentle hand on the Knight's arm, and at the murmur of a blessing the wound started to knit together"

I've added her to the table:

Character
Player
Class
Role
Completion

Surly
Slayer
Damage/face skills
Yes- limited description

DrK
Inquisitor
Yes

Ancient
Ranger
Unsure
No

spectralpheonix
Investigator
Skills/damage?
Mostly

n0ble
Cleric
Divine... support?
For sure

Paddywagon Man
Vigilante
Yes

Kallimakus
Swashbuckler
damage/face
Yes

Thunder
Mesmerist
Face/BFC/support
Yes

Stelio
Arcanist
yes

DarkTogashi
cleric
divine support

Khosan
Vigilante
Skills/Bfc?
yes

DarkOne
Cleric
Skills/divine support
mostly- equipment

FarmerBink
Witch
Debuffing/BFC
yes

Heloise Ramat (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2864102)
namo
Inquisitor Playwright
Summons/face/healing
equipment missing

Paddywagon Man
2023-12-22, 05:43 PM
Slightly changed Ostsi by shifting from VMC Magus to Witch, for a couple extra spells and to get into Sleepless Detective earlier - a bit of a loss of combat strength over the long term but in an investigative-heavy campaign I think it'll be worth it!

Frosty
2023-12-23, 08:44 AM
Character
Player
Class
Role
Completion

Matanya Harino (Rebecca Romos) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863747)
Frosty
Bard [Lotus Geisha]
Rogue skills / magical support / face skills
Yes

Surly
Slayer
Damage/face skills
Yes- limited description

DrK
Inquisitor
Yes

Ancient
Ranger
Unsure
No

spectralpheonix
Investigator
Skills/damage?
Mostly

n0ble
Cleric
Divine... support?
For sure

Paddywagon Man
Vigilante
Yes

Kallimakus
Swashbuckler
damage/face
Yes

Thunder
Mesmerist
Face/BFC/support
Yes

Stelio
Arcanist
yes

DarkTogashi
cleric
divine support

Khosan
Vigilante
Skills/Bfc?
yes

DarkOne
Cleric
Skills/divine support
mostly- equipment

FarmerBink
Witch
Debuffing/BFC
yes

namo
Inquisitor Playwright
Summons/face/healing
Yes

paradox26
2023-12-23, 08:53 AM
I will be making selections in about fifteen hours from now, barring a request for more time.

DarkNetwerk
2023-12-23, 08:57 AM
Huh. I apparently haven't posted on the boards much (although I think I joined some years back) so can't yet post links or images. :smallamused:

I'll withdraw since I'll be mostly AFK for a couple days and so not going to have time to complete my submission before the deadline. I also spent way too much time looking for a character pic and ended up going down the AI generation rabbit hole.

Anyhow, I was going to update the list of applicants with another column indicating which campaign trait, if any, each had taken (as I was curious which ones had more uptake than others, in case that may influence my creation). Since I can't do that without breaking the links, I'll just summarize them here, in case it might be of interest to others:

Campaign Trait
Number of Applicants
Characters

Athletic Champion
none

Child of Oppara
Rikkard, Annika, William

Disgraced Noble
none

Rising Star
Fletcher, Ostsi, Heloise

Senatorial Hopeful
1-2
Maya(?), Laecian

Taldan Patriot
Larq

Young Reformer
Matanya, Eathan, Sidora, Lilian

Stelio Kontos
2023-12-23, 09:12 AM
I will be making selections in about fifteen hours from now, barring a request for more time.

I'm good with that; I have NOT bought equipment (though you can see what weapons I plan to be packing), but that's easy enough to finish up. Feel free to shoot me any questions/concerns you might have!

Farmerbink
2023-12-23, 10:38 AM
I also spent way too much time looking for a character pic and ended up going down the AI generation rabbit hole.

Dude, relatable. Thanks for that table- I've been agonizing over my general underwhelming-ness of the campaign traits. I actually didn't pick one, but if Paradox26 is cool with a flaw to get a third trait, I might still pick one up.....

@Paradox26 is it too big a stretch for a bastard child(ren) to qualify as disgraced noble? That's the only one that I can really imagine even stretching the fluff to fit....

Rilem
2023-12-23, 12:01 PM
Nobody took disgraced noble? I know there are too many already but I'll have to put a Rogue in for that.

Pitch: The Exaltation Gala draws Taldorans looking for patronage, favors or a shot at nobility. Monet d'sander (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2864716), the youngest daughter of the convicted traitor Dante Wilmore, is mostly out for blood.

Will have crunch later today

paradox26
2023-12-23, 12:24 PM
Dude, relatable. Thanks for that table- I've been agonizing over my general underwhelming-ness of the campaign traits. I actually didn't pick one, but if Paradox26 is cool with a flaw to get a third trait, I might still pick one up.....

@Paradox26 is it too big a stretch for a bastard child(ren) to qualify as disgraced noble? That's the only one that I can really imagine even stretching the fluff to fit....

I allowed for one drawback to get a third trait.
There is no reason why a bastard child couldn’t be a disgraced noble.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-12-23, 02:35 PM
There is no reason why a bastard child couldn’t be a disgraced noble.
I didn't see this - might choose one of each...especially since I've already got the disadvantage in mind.

Farmerbink
2023-12-23, 02:36 PM

I overlooked that line. I'll probably plug that in to Seresey, just for the flavor of it. Hard to imagine she'd care super hard about her bastard father's fall from grace.

Zhentarim
2023-12-23, 02:39 PM

I'll throw together a Ranger (Dandy) archetype. My role will be a switch-hitter, but with face skills, as well.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-12-23, 03:37 PM
Lillian (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25929392&postcount=48) is completed and ready for final review!

Campaign Trait
Number of Applicants
Characters

Athletic Champion
none

Child of Oppara
Rikkard, Annika, William

Disgraced Noble
none

Rising Star
Fletcher, Ostsi, Heloise

Senatorial Hopeful
1-2
Maya(?), Laecian

Taldan Patriot
Larq

Young Reformer
Matanya, Eathan, Sidora, Lillian

("Lillian," with two "L"s in the middle.)

Character
Player
Class
Role
Completion

Matanya Harino (Rebecca Romos) (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863747)
Frosty
Bard [Lotus Geisha]
Rogue skills / magical support / face skills
Yes

Surly
Slayer
Damage/face skills
Yes- limited description

DrK
Inquisitor
Yes

Ancient
Ranger
Unsure
No

spectralpheonix
Investigator
Skills/damage?
Mostly

n0ble
Cleric
Divine... support?
For sure

Paddywagon Man
Vigilante
Yes

Kallimakus
Swashbuckler
damage/face
Yes

Thunder
Mesmerist
Face/BFC/support
Yes

Stelio
Arcanist
yes

DarkTogashi
cleric
divine support

Khosan
Vigilante
Skills/Bfc?
yes

DarkOne
Cleric
Skills/divine support
Yes

FarmerBink
Witch
Debuffing/BFC
yes

namo
Inquisitor Playwright
Summons/face/healing
Yes

Zhentarim
2023-12-23, 08:58 PM
Name: Osmin Silverleaf
Campaign Trait: Disgraced Noble
Race: Half-Orc (Toothy Alternate Racial Trait)
Class: Ranger (Dandy Archetype)
Deity: Cayden Cailean

Rilem
2023-12-24, 12:30 AM
Monet, Underground Rogue Chemist with a Disgraced Noble-sized chip on her shoulder, is updated (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2864716) (except for gear).

paradox26
2023-12-24, 01:01 AM
Okay, we have reached selection time. I have taken as many characters as I can, going for seven, which is more than I expected, as there will undoubtedly be some dropouts, and as people aren't optimised for combat.

Will the following players please report to the OOC thread below: Frosty, DrK, Paddywagon Man, Stelio, DarkOne-Rob, N0ble, and FarmerBink

OOC Thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663242-War-for-the-Crown-PF1-OOC-Thread

IC Thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663243-War-for-the-Crown-PF1-IC-thread

Palanan
2023-12-24, 10:19 AM
Can I submit as a hopeful alternate? I’ve wanted to play in this AP ever since it came out, and I have a character almost ready to go, but missed the cutoff by one day. Would love to be considered for an alternate slot if that’s possible.

paradox26
2023-12-24, 10:31 AM
You are welcome to add yourself to the table. Should alternates be required I will look there first.

DarkOne-Rob
2023-12-24, 02:00 PM
Okay, we have reached selection time. I have taken as many characters as I can, going for seven, which is more than I expected, as there will undoubtedly be some dropouts, and as people aren't optimised for combat.

Will the following players please report to the OOC thread below: Frosty, DrK, Paddywagon Man, Stelio, DarkOne-Rob, N0ble, and FarmerBink

OOC Thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663242-War-for-the-Crown-PF1-OOC-Thread

IC Thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663243-War-for-the-Crown-PF1-IC-thread
/cheer!

Merry Christmas, everyone!