PDA

View Full Version : Pokésona Red EX - OOC

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-12-13, 01:25 AM
Greetings, trainers! Welcome to my Pokémon center!

Let me know if you still need a discord invite. I think everyone here is already there?

IC Thread Deployed! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663219-Pok%E9sona-Red-EX-IC&p=25932361#post25932361)

Here's the Rolls thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?657269-Pok%E9sona-Pinball-Neon-Crystal-Dice-Rolls&p=25926970) if you need it. We'll use the same rolls thread for both games because why shouldn't we?

1: Elizabeth Garner; cisfemale, she/her; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13z_AvhAC0fxiCUPRvYyu3Ge6tX4cUMuUbWAR_2MFV28/edit?usp=sharing

2: Elizabeth is a poison ace/apothecary/medic; she can heal allies and whittle down opponents. Her last class slot is open; she could double down on mezzing and poison with Trickster or do something unexpected. Her arcana is the Hanged Man.

3: Although not as involved in her extracurriculars as she used to be, Elizabeth used to date someone from her chemistry club. She was once quite popular and had many admirers, although more for her looks and money than personality.

4: Elizabeth spends more time than she would really like "cooking" illicit substances at a former chemistry club member's house. It is a strictly professional relationship.

5: Sheriff Leijon busted Elizabeth and her partner, but rather than hauling them to the station he has instead blackmailed to the two of them into paying him money to look the other way. He is also quite fond of kicking Elizabeth's crutches out from under her and calling her slurs. What a winner.

Confidant 1: Steve - Illegal Medicine Laboratory
Confidant 2: Edwin - Estranged University Student
Confidant 3: <Yellow-eyed Nurse>

1. Veronica "Ronnie" Saab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IZhPbW6o-d7Oagd6E5K3oDG_4wJ63lolcpwsg07ccp8/edit#gid=0), She/her; Death Arcana

2. Vengeful "Ghost"; the accident destroyed the future she was hoping for and she might have accidentally made some sort of dark deal to return without fully realizing the implications. She will hopefully come to the realization that she's not actually dead, and therefore she can make a new life for herself, but at game start she's in a dark place. Mechanics-wise, she's currently an Apparition/Berserker/Athlete, and I'm considering taking Rider as her final class some time down the line.

3. Ronnie's best friend, Maggie Byrd, is on the track team, is a solid B student, and was with Ronnie at the haunted house the night of the accident, though she drove there and back with her boyfriend. Maggie is trying to be supportive to Ronnie in this situation... but she's in high school herself, and Ronnie is not making it easy, especially since Maggie's life is essentially unchanged while Ronnie's life has altered immensely.

4. Ronnie spends most of her time outside of school at the hospital, going through intensive physical therapy in an attempt to get the use of her legs back. Her physical therapist is a relentlessly cheerful man named Aaron Rossini, who absolutely refuses to cut Ronnie slack or give her sympathy, but also absorbs her anger and outbursts of temper without any comment. Ronnie is grudgingly thankful for his demeanor, but will never admit it.

5. The person who drunkenly ran Ronnie off of the road is apparently a friend of Sheriff Leijon; Ronnie saw Leijon check on the drunk driver and send him on his way before driving off himself, leaving her trapped in her own car in a ditch. Leijon isn't the top of the list, but he's definitely on it, and he's the only name she knows of those involved in ruining her life.

Confidant 1: Maggie Byrd, Best Friend
Confidant 2: Aaron Rossini, Relentless Therapist
Confidant 3?: <Insect-like Demon>

1: David Black, He/Him (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12AZUZmAfdKJfgS0m8SzTDgfxAkOuicgnxmfRqzUMHMg/edit#gid=0) (wishing to be skilled enough to jokingly say "I'm/Him".)

2: If you mean roleplaying wise, "lacking in confidence despite several advantages, but trying to get better about it". If you mean classes, Aura Guardian / Martial Artist / Duelist / Ace Trainer, focused on being a front-line combatant, and just as likely to give or take a punch in the Metaverse as in the Real World. Arcana: Could be the Fool. Openness and trying new things after a fall, while also foolhardy and immature who acts without thinking. Though parallels with Ryuji have me also thinking Chariot.

3: Rick Miller, the manager at the fast food job David works while trying to balance his schedule. An idiot, annoying, and should keep his big mustachio'd nose clean, but just as hard working as David, so they have some common ground.

4: The Gym, the other place David burns spare part time at. Majah, one of the instructors for the classes there who also works as a cleaning lady, has become friendly with him and gives him life advice while he takes lessons and helps out around the place.

5: Nothing like being woken up while traveling on a bus by being jumped and beaten by multiple police officers for "fitting a description", even with an alibi (working the morning of some alleged crime; the cops visit the place he works at practically every morning), and spending a night in jail in "holding" while almost being charged for "resisting arrest".

Confidant 1: Rick Miller, Fast Food Manager
Confidant 2: Majah, Fitness Instructor
Confidant 3?: <Sword-wielding Dog>

Joanna Redgrace, Female, Joanna Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NbCbOOT77Amtdv3beOC9kI38q1H34Rwyj1Ugbe4Y2a0/edit?usp=sharing)
An enthusiastic go-getter with an eye for art. You'll almost never find her without her camera or a sketchpad.
Ms Fields manages the art department at the University and always welcomes Joanna in to the blackout lab and other spaces.
Joanna's guilty pleasure would be a plate of ketchup covered fries from Mack's Snack Shack. A local fixture for over 40 years and favorite of the teen crowd, Mack's is now run by his granddaughter, Jacklyn, who has become rather familiar with Joanna over the past couple years. Especially since they were classmates back in grade school.
About 2 years ago Joanna had been taking scenic shots and managed to capture evidence of a robbery. Unfortunately, the Sheriff already had a different take on the crime. She's never been able to prove that the break-in and theft of her photo storage was due to his work, but the smug look on his face when she reported the robbery cemented her opinion on that matter.

Confidant 1: Margaret Fields, Photography Professor
Confidant 2: Jacklyn Mack, Minor Restaurant Heiress
Confidant 3?: <Egg-headed Professor>

Jean MacElroy, Air Force Brat (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A0d1CBxNIUCuYE0hz1mBbasdI9_SYTn0EZf_v4vmwPo/edit#gid=0)

Chariot Arcana

Jean MacElroy has an understanding she will join the Air Force when she graduates high school. Her family, both sides, have been in the air since planes existed. In the mean time, she will hone her mind and body to be all she can be. Wait, that's the Army. Well, it's a good goal, even so.

She is out of the house most of the day either volunteering for the girl scouts or training with the track team. After Ronnie's accident, she has taken on more of the upperclassman's administrative duties in addition to her duties as a senior girl scout. She is vaguely aware Ronnie's resents the Sherrif in some way connected to the accident, but hasn't asked for details.

Also of relevance to the plot, The Sherrif has made life miserable for the adults associated with the Girl Scouts who publically supported the recent reaffirmation of acceptance to the organization of trans and non-binary children. His bigotry has made her duties to the organization much harder and scared away some former or prospective scouts from religious families.

One day, a text appeared on her phone:

"The Unforged sword! The Happy Warrior! We are one, and yet not. Pledge yourself to me, and embrace the Heavens!"
-M2

For some reason she can't explain, she followed a link attached and woke up the next night in a strange place with a shaggy dog-like creature she calls "Dana" and a sense of borrowed power.

Jean is thin and tall for her age, 15. Her ethnicity is a pale haired Caucasian of no specific nationality, though her surname and mother's maiden name confirm Scots and French are in the mix. She is often seen wearing her letterman jacket even in relatively warm weather. It is adorned with badges both from the Cross Country team and the Girl Scouts.

Edges-
Touched - Gain the Minor Gift of Mewtwo
Athletic initiative (gain agility)
Skill up!: Survival, Intuition

Level:
Skill up!: Command, Athletics, Focus

Features-
Classes-
Survivalist (swamp), Athlete, mentor, Messiah
Bonus training feature- Focused training

Features-
3- In My Name, rank 1 (Messiah)
- acquire blessing:spirit mending (Restore 30 HP or 2 injuries, 3/day)
5- Athlete Moves, rank 1 (Athlete)
- gain attacks Bind, block
5 (bonus general)-Major Gift- gain a Major Gift of MewTwo
Expanded Horizons Capability: Telekinetic (I think?)

Skills

Body-
Acrobatics-untrained
Athletics- expert (edge spent)
Combat- untrained
Intimidate- novice
Stealth- pathetic
Survival- novice (edge spent)

Mind-
General Ed- untrained
Medicine ed- untrained
Occult ed- untrained
Pokemon ed- untrained
Technology ed- pathetic
Guile- pathetic
Perception- untrained

Spirit-
Charm- untrained
Command- novice (edge spent)
Focus- novice (edge spent)
Intuition- novice (edge spent)

Combat stats
HP 16 (+3 for features)
Atk 5
Def 6
Sptk 8 (+2 for features)
spdf 8
Spd 10

Dana, the Deino

Ability- hustle

Dreamy nature -HP, + Sptk

HP 4
Attk- 7 (12)
Defense (7)
Spttk 7 (12)
Spdf 5 (6)
Sp 4

Moves- tackle, dragon rage, focus energy, bite

Edges- mixed sweeper, 2 tutor points remain!

1 full heal
1 sparkling lemonade
1 first aid kit
1 bright powder

Confidant 1: Captain MacElroy, my father. My mother is a senior Non Com in a different chain of command. (They married in high school, immediately before joining, to dodge the fraternization restrictions.) I am very much a "daddy's girl" and always go to him first when I am struggling.

Confidant 2: Alex Parker is a younger scout. She prefers female pronouns and joined the girl scouts, which have a current policy of not policing the gender identity of people who join in good faith. Regardless of this policy, which was controversial but supported by Jean, one if the senior-most student leaders, many, including some affiliated adults were less than pleased with Alex being accepted. Honestly, some of them might have overlooked her being AMAB if she didn't have a host of other problems, largely unrelated. But the scouts are for helping people help each other, and Jean has taken Alex under her wing.

Confidant 3?: <Navigating Voice>

- The confidant list mainly to organize my thoughts and aren't very big spoilers.
- "Confidant 3" is a special character assigned to you: your Metaverse Confidant.
- This is your "Patron" if you have BotD features. They visit you when they feel like it.
- If you have no such features yet, your Metaverse Confidant may provide some later.
- They will be the ones providing the team your starter Pokémon.

Pokémon are a thing in your world's popular culture, but they aren't a single monolithic property so much as a term for cartoon monsters in general. Most people will only recognize a few of them, all from different franchises or children's stories, and they might not behave as they did in their, "source material."

Once per encounter, you can attempt to identify a pokémon's name with your choice of Pokémon Education, Occult Education, OR General Education. If you succeed, you can name the in-universe pop-culture thing it's from and create one fun fact about it. This is just for fun and may or may not impact how the cognitive version of the monster behaves.

Rekmond
2023-12-14, 11:26 PM
This was my updated post. Has the sheet link.

Joanna Redgrace, Female, Joanna Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NbCbOOT77Amtdv3beOC9kI38q1H34Rwyj1Ugbe4Y2a0/edit?usp=sharing)

An enthusiastic go-getter with an eye for art. You'll almost never find her without her camera or a sketchpad.
Honest and energetic, she's a friendly face though she won't hesitate to tease when given the chance.
She cares deeply for those around her and can be vindictively defensive of them.

Ms Fields manages the art department at the University and always welcomes Joanna in to the blackout lab and other spaces.

Joanna's guilty pleasure would be a plate of ketchup covered fries from Mack's Snack Shack. A local fixture for over 40 years and favorite of the teen crowd, Mack's is now run by his granddaughter, Jacklyn, who has become rather familiar with Joanna over the past couple years. Especially since they were classmates back in grade school.

About 2 years ago Joanna had been taking scenic shots and managed to capture evidence of a robbery. Unfortunately, the Sheriff already had a different take on the crime.
She's never been able to prove that the break-in and theft of her photo storage was due to his work, but the smug look on his face when she reported the robbery cemented her opinion on that matter.

Feathersnow
2023-12-16, 09:36 PM
Filling in some Blanks:

Confidant 1?: My father is a Captain in the Air Force. My mother is a senior Non Com in a different chain of command. (They married in high school, immediately before joining, to dodge the fraternization restrictions.) I am very much a "daddy's girl" and always go to him first when I am struggling.

Confidant 2?: <Struggling Younger Scout>
Alex is a younger scout. She prefers female pronouns and joined the girl scouts, which have a current policy of not policing the gender identity of people who join in good faith. Regardless of this policy, which was controversial but supported by Jean, one if the senior-most student leaders, many, including some affiliated adults were less than pleased with Alex being accepted. Honestly, some of them might have overlooked her being AMAB if she didn't have a host of other problems, largely unrelated. But the scouts are for helping people help each other, and Jean has taken Alex under her wing.

Confidant 3?: <Navigating Voice> A strange voice, stern but benevolent, talks to Jean in her dreams sometimes.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-12-19, 12:32 AM
Okay, I've added those details in. I've also taken the liberty of making a sheet for Jean and Dana. In the process, I've found a couple of things left over to ask about:

- You have two edges left over. Which two would you like? I put in Adept Focus and Adept Survival for now.
- The Bonus Feature at level 5 is mutually exclusive with the level bonus to Special Attack. Since you never specified whether you want Telepathy or Telekinesis from the major gift feature, I'm guessing you want the stat bonus instead?

Feathersnow
2023-12-19, 09:47 AM
Okay, I've added those details in. I've also taken the liberty of making a sheet for Jean and Dana. In the process, I've found a couple of things left over to ask about:

- You have two edges left over. Which two would you like? I put in Adept Focus and Adept Survival for now.
- The Bonus Feature at level 5 is mutually exclusive with the level bonus to Special Attack. Since you never specified whether you want Telepathy or Telekinesis from the major gift feature, I'm guessing you want the stat bonus instead?
1) that sounds good
2) I misunderstood that. I was assuming you would pick what I got in terms of gifts, so I'll take the stat bonus.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2023-12-22, 11:39 PM
IC Thread Deployed! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663219-Pok%E9sona-Red-EX-IC&p=25932361#post25932361)

Kuro Dmon
2024-01-01, 03:07 PM
I think just to establish having posted in both, I'll roll in this first, and then go *back* to using the roller as needed. And I figure we'll still be using the same colors as before, no?

Just because it was agreed upon that we ballin', Athletics: [roll0]

Dr.Gunsforhands
2024-01-04, 05:43 PM
It's been brought to my attention that Cerespirin will not be joining us after all. Please do not bother them about this.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about how initiative is going to work, either here or in the discord. The most important feature is that you can all take your turn as a team, so you can post whenever you have time without worrying about going in order.

Cerespirin
2024-01-04, 08:07 PM
It seemed like the game wasn't going to start. And then my computer literally exploded. I'm only just now starting to recover.

Did this game start, then? Do I still have my spot?

Dr.Gunsforhands
2024-01-04, 08:19 PM
!!! You're back! Well, never mind then! Yeah, you still have your spot.

Give us a round or two to work Elizabeth into initiative; you're not the only one who's locked out of the battle currently, so hopefully that's okay. Do you still have access to her sheet? My permission was blocked last time I tried to look at it, and in my haste I assumed you deleted it.

Cerespirin
2024-01-04, 09:22 PM
No need to rush to work me in. My new laptop is in quite a state and I'll likely need some days to settle into my new workflow. Going from Windows 7 to Windows 11 is quite a culture shock; finding compatible replacements for all my programs, getting comfortable, realizing I need to install other programs, trying to sort out weird hardware and software issues (for some reason even though I'm using the same speakers they now sound as bassy as a B-52 carpet bombing a dubstep consert)... and between all of that I need to read the game's logs up to this point to figure out the situation.

I need some time. So please don't rush on my account.