PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a 60 second limit on reporting spam?

Kareeah_Indaga
2023-12-13, 07:03 AM
It’s a hassle having to wait a minute between reports when there are half-a-dozen obvious spam threads popping up in multiple categories. 😖

Batcathat
2023-12-13, 07:28 AM
While I don't know the answer to the question, I think it's typically enough to report a spammer once, even if they've posted dozens of times. (Though this is admittedly a guess, so if someone knows otherwise they're free to correct me. :smalltongue: )

Chronos
2023-12-13, 08:06 AM
If it's all the same poster, and it's obvious, one report should be enough. vBulletin has a button for removing a spammer and all of their posts quickly and easily, and I imagine the mods here use it.

Occasionally spammers do make a whole bunch of different usernames, though.

Rawhide
2023-12-13, 08:43 AM
It’s a hassle having to wait a minute between reports when there are half-a-dozen obvious spam threads popping up in multiple categories. 😖

vBulletin does a check against your last post every time you try to report. There's nothing we can do about that.

If it's the same account, you only need to report one post and mention the others, we'll find them.

vBulletin has a button for removing a spammer and all of their posts quickly and easily, and I imagine the mods here use it.

Unfortunately, there's no such button. We have to search manually and remove the threads (or posts) after banning. Thankfully, we can highlight multiple threads to remove in bulk, but it's much more of a process than a simple button. Still, doesn't change the fact that we do look for every thread and post they made.