PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs. Predator 2 (movie)

Muz
2007-12-12, 12:31 AM
...not the game or the hypothetical forum match-up. :smallwink:

The "first five minutes" appear to now be online, though after watching it I suspect they trimmed a few things down...or at least I hope they did. (There's fast-paced and then there's abbreviated.)

Take a look here... (http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/a/Aliens-Vs-Predator-Requiem/index-3687454.html)

Doesn't look bad so far, but I suppose we'll see. Still, you'd think the pred would know better than to shoot at it with the shoulder cannon onboard ship. Then again, with the acid blood I suppose there just isn't a good way to deal with that sort of situation unless one has a handy-dandy airlock. :smallsmile:

Though I'll probably wait for the DVD anyway, just to be safe. ...Or at least some positive reviews.

Tweekinator
2007-12-12, 02:56 PM
At least it looks like in this one there's not going to be some person who befriends a predator and then runs around having adventures with it.

Semidi
2007-12-12, 03:07 PM
I'll probably end up seeing it just because I'm a bit of a fan boy despite the last three installments in the franchise disappointing me (AVP, Alien 4, Alien 3). That and my dad is a total monster nut, and he'll probably drag me out to see it when I go back home for Giftmas.

I'm a little surprised that they showed the kid getting raped by a face-hugger. That's balls. Most slasher flicks don't even show kids getting killed. The whole time I was wondering if the kid would get killed, or he'd have an Aliens 2 and get away despite all logic.

GimliFett
2007-12-12, 03:15 PM
I'll see it one way (theater) or the other (DVD release). While not good, I enjoyed watching AVP and Alien Resurrection (Alien4) was a lot of fun. I really liked some character aspects (particularly Ripley, Call and Johnner), but they didn't make you like the crew of the Betty enough to care when they died. I've decided, the more I watch it, that Alien3 is my second favorite (despite the cop-out killing of Hudson -- damn they did Michael Biehn wrong!!!) behind Aliens (great action and adrenaline rush), and just a hair above Alien (the suspense and claustrophobia still get me, and I've seen the movie 20+ times). If for no other reason than hearing Charles S. Dutton say, "I've gotta re-educate some of tha brothas!" It felt like a good blend of Alien and Aliens to me.

Kaelaroth
2007-12-13, 11:35 AM
Can't wait to see it. Love P and A, and the new flick looks awesome.

And the Predalien will have dreadlocks! Heehheee.... :smallsmile:

2007-12-13, 01:12 PM
As long as the predators last more than two seconds against the aliens, and the humans are just cannon fodder, I'll be happy.

Why are they making all the AvP movies in present times, though? I want some friggen three way alien, predator, marines fighting!

FdL
2007-12-13, 01:21 PM
Me too, 4xdot. It would be cooler. For what I've seen in the trailer, this is going to be more of a slasher flic, more focused on the gory deaths than in the sci-fi suspense. And I did like the first one, but the prospect for this one is not very good.
We'll see.

Prophaniti
2007-12-13, 01:32 PM
Yeah, this does look pretty good. I rather enjoyed the first one, even though I never really liked any of the Alien or Predator movies. I think I'll only see it in theater if I happen to have extra money, though...

Athaniar
2007-12-14, 05:44 AM
Looking forward to this one, seen all alien/predator films except the first Predator. But I refuse to watch anything but trailers before the film itself. Predaliens FTW!

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-14, 05:53 AM
They pulled the subtitle for this film out of a bin didn't they?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-14, 06:18 AM
Alien. Predator 2 somehow managed to be dumber than the original while having less asskicking.

Wait, I think I parsed this wrong.