PDA

View Full Version : Wand charges to spell slot, or the other way around

Shinoskay
2023-12-14, 05:24 AM
I remember a feat that let you use a spell slot to cast a wand spell.... either that or it let you use wand charges to cast a spell instead of a spell slot.

either way, anyone know the feat(s)?

loky1109
2023-12-14, 05:27 AM
Master Wand, CArc

ShurikVch
2023-12-14, 06:46 AM
Channel Charge (Lost Empires of Faerūn) - but spell/slot must be 1 level higher than the spell in the Wand, and UMD check required (DC 15+CL)

Also, not a feat, but Soul Charge (https://web.archive.org/web/20161101150327/http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040818a) spell allow to use stored drained energy instead charges

Vizzerdrix
2023-12-14, 08:17 AM
For completion I would like to point out Syphon Spell. It allows you to refill your spell casting abilities by draining wand charges.

Inevitability
2023-12-14, 08:21 AM
And if you're a warforged (or renegade mastermaker), Wand Bonding from city of stormreach!

Benefit: When activating a wand, you can choose to sacrifice an arcane spell slot or infusion slot of the level of the spell to be cast from the wand (or a higher level) instead of using one of the charges in the wand. In addition to powering the wand, this increases the caster level of the effect by one for every five caster levels you possess. A wand must have at least one charge for you to activate it in this way.

A warforged sorcerer (but not wizard) can also give up their familiar to get this feat for free, and a warforged artificer can take it as a bonus feat.

Shinoskay
2023-12-20, 12:51 AM
For completion I would like to point out Syphon Spell. It allows you to refill your spell casting abilities by draining wand charges.

This is actually what I was looking for, ultimately.

With recharge staff and Syphon Spell you can turn your staff into a battery, yay more spells.

its amazing that the siphon is a spell, too, meaning I dont even have to burn a feat or anything for it... wizards being op once again.

Zombulian
2023-12-27, 03:16 AM
And if you're a warforged (or renegade mastermaker), Wand Bonding from city of stormreach!

A warforged sorcerer (but not wizard) can also give up their familiar to get this feat for free, and a warforged artificer can take it as a bonus feat.

I know the object of the thread was already found, but related to this feat I wanted to mention one of my favorites: Residual Magic.
One of the benefits of the feat is if you have just cast a spell from your slots, if you then cast the same spell from an item it uses statistics as if you had just cast it yourself.