PDA

View Full Version : Filled PF2e Abomination Vaults

Bobthewizard
2023-12-14, 09:28 AM
Recruiting for Abomination Vaults PF2e, with Thunder999 as our gracious DM.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?Pathfinder 2e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Abomination Vaults, a 2e AP in Golarion

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? Here on forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 1st level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Standard 15gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Nope

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Any common or uncommon ancestries, no rare.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Standard

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Don't be evil, but it probably won't matter much.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Free Archetype so go ahead

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Players roll their own rolls, other than Secret Checks, I roll NPCs

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.:Free Archetype, Gradual Ability Boosts, and lets throw in Ancestry Paragon because noone uses that and it looks fun.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Pick one of the AP backgrounds (https://2e.aonprd.com/Backgrounds.aspx?Group=6) though you can change which ability scores are boosted if you want.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? This AP is mostly dungeon diving combat.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?Anything Paizo is fine, you can pick original or remastered versions of classes and spells.

I'd like to play a full adventure as a kineticist in PF2e. I've played Crown of the Kobold King and am in Age of Ashes right now. I'd be especially interested in any of Kingmaker, Extinction Curse, Strength of Thousands, Abomination Vaults/Fists of the Ruby Phoenix, Stolen Fate or Agents of Alkenstar.

I'm a reliable poster and have been in several longstanding games, mostly 5e, but would like to play this class in PF2e. I haven't played PF enough to be comfortable running it myself yet. Anyone interested in starting a PF2e campaign?

Also looking for other players with a history of active participation in long-term games.

Player
Character
Race
Class

Zero Prime
Khaza-dun (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862728)
Dwarf
Fighter

Infernally Clay
Sachiko (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862720)
Kitsune
Thief Rogue

BobtheWizard
Lera (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862990)
Human
Water Earth Kineticist

Casual Viking
Khalandel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2834403)
Elf
Thaumaturge

Xhirli
Firtina (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863285)
Aasimar
Cleric

Thunder999
2023-12-15, 09:50 PM
2e seems easy to run, so I might try running Abomination Vaults if there's enough interest, only 1-10 but this is PBP so that's a problem for the distant future.

Would you want any variant rules? (Ancestry Paragon, Free Archetype, Automatic Bonus Progression etc.)

Bobthewizard
2023-12-15, 10:34 PM
Free archetype and gradual ability boosts are both nice, but you are the DM so you can decide what you'd want to put up with. I'd be very excited to play abomination vaults.

If you put together a Big 16 (or let me know what you want and I can help with it), I'll change the tag to recruiting.

Zero Prime
2023-12-16, 05:24 AM
Abomination Vaults does sound interesting, and I love the 2e rule set. I'd be very interested to play, likely a fighter of some sort. They are just so versatile ...

I, too, enjoy both Free Arhetype and Gradual ability but whatever you, as GM, would be comfortable with.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-16, 06:45 AM
Free archetype meaning we get an extra feat at every even level that we can only use for archetype feats? Hmm... I could put a Thief Rogue together, then use the free archetype feats to get Bard features. That's a cool aesthetic and it should be a strong combination to boot.

Consider me interested.

Thunder999
2023-12-16, 08:13 AM
One big 16, please copy to the first post.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?Pathfinder 2e

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Abomination Vaults, a 2e AP in Golarion

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? Here on forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 1st level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Standard 15gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Nope

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Any common or uncommon ancestries, no rare.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Standard

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Don't be evil, but it probably won't matter much.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Free Archetype so go ahead

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Players roll their own rolls, other than Secret Checks, I roll NPCs

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.:Free Archetype, Gradual Ability Boosts, and lets throw in Ancestry Paragon because noone uses that and it looks fun.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Pick one of the AP backgrounds (https://2e.aonprd.com/Backgrounds.aspx?Group=6) though you can change which ability scores are boosted if you want.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? This AP is mostly dungeon diving combat.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?Anything Paizo is fine, you can pick original or remastered versions of classes and spells.

Bobthewizard
2023-12-16, 08:33 AM
Abomination Vaults does sound interesting, and I love the 2e rule set. I'd be very interested to play, likely a fighter of some sort. They are just so versatile ...

I, too, enjoy both Free Archetype and Gradual ability but whatever you, as GM, would be comfortable with.

Fighters are great. With Free Archetype you can pretty much make any other martial class but with better chance to hit.

Free archetype meaning we get an extra feat at every even level that we can only use for archetype feats? Hmm... I could put a Thief Rogue together, then use the free archetype feats to get Bard features. That's a cool aesthetic and it should be a strong combination to boot.

Consider me interested.

Thief rogue is awesome, and both of you would really appreciate the Bard's inspire courage.

One big 16, please copy to the first post.

Done and thank you. A fighter, rogue and kineticist is a great start to a party. Both Zero Prime and Infernally Clay are good players too. I could cover some healing but we'll need someone else to help with that.

Zero Prime
2023-12-16, 09:43 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/QxCqDZ91/Khaza-dun-Craghammer.jpg
Khaza'dun, High-helm Exile (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862728)
AC: 17 | HP: 23 | Current: 23 | Hero Points: 1
Fortitude: +8 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +5 | Perception: +7
Active Effects: None.
Conditions: None.

Khaza'dun is an imposing figure, thick, broad shoulders, a wide, barrel chest, arms heavy with slabs of muscles forged by years at a an dwarven smithy. A flat, square face, with deep set, stormy blue eyes, was framed with iron grey hair, wild and long, two dwarven war braids fell forward, each capped with a rune inscribed, iron forged ring. A wicked, jagged scar, intersects the socket of his left eye, the axe's kiss, runs from temple to jaw, fading into his thick, mustachioed beard, which, like his hair, was bound in braids.

He volunteers some of his time with the Otari Guard, and when armed and equipped for duty he wears a heavy scaled hauberk, pauldrons of forged steel, embossed with dwarven runes of protection, cast in bronze. A thick leather belt, capped and buckled with brass fittings, circles his wide hips, two axes tucked behind the studded buckle, balanced for throwing, should he need to bring an enemy down at range. His battle attire is completed by thick, rough-spun breeches with leather inserts and sturdy, hob-nailed, leather boots, with iron greaves strapped to protect knee and shin. A deep green cloak, trimmed with bear pelt, protects him from the elements, and strapped over his shoulder, by way of a leather and iron baldric, is a massive maul, it's anvil like head made of worked veinstone stone, named for the forest green striations that run through it, bound in steel and iron, attached to a thick, well oiled ironwood haft, bound with well worn, but sturdy leather grips.

Level 2: Dex (14); Intimidating Strike (Fighter), Rogue Dedication (Free Archetype) (Acrobatics; Stealth Training; Skill Feat: Battle Medicine), Steady Balance (Skill Feat)
Level 3: Wis (16); Medicine (Expert); Vengeful Hatred (Orc; Ancestry Paragon); Fleet (General Feat)
Level 4: Con (18); Quick Reversal (Fighter); Basic Trickery: Mobility (Free Archetype); Continual Recovery (Skill Feat)
Level 5: Str (19) Athletics (Expert); Sheltering Slab (Ancestry)
Level 6: Shatter Defenses (Fighter); Sneak Attacker (Free Archetype); Risky Surgery (Skill Feat)
Level 7: Str (20); Athletics (Master); Stonecunning (Ancestry Paragon); Toughness (General Feat)
Level 8: Wis (18); Barbarian Dedication (Fighter); Advanced Trickery: Dread Strike (Free Archetype); Ward Medic (Skill Feat)
Level 9: Int (12); Nature (Trained); Medicine (Master); Mountain's Stoutness (Ancestry)
Level 10: Con (19); Disruptive Stance (Fighter); Intinct Ability: Giant (Free Archetype); Rapid Mantel (Skill Feat)

At 107 years old, Khaza'dun, the dwarven blacksmith, stands as a paragon of patience and craftsmanship. In the bustling logging city of Otari, thick, dwarven hands tirelessly forge his creations, embodying the ethos that anything worth doing is worth doing right. A plodding, patient dwarf with a penchant for precision, Khaza'dun is quick to disapprove of laziness, holding an unwavering belief that one's work ethic reflects their character. Having ventured beyond the confines of his clan, Khaza'dun remains deeply committed to his roots, valuing community and kin above all. Though he relocated to the larger world, he sees his current quest as a means to elevate his standing within the clan. Unyielding in his pursuit of excellence is never , he satisfied with his own work, viewing Otari as a proving ground for his skills. Driven by the conviction that contributing to the community is a sacred duty, he strives to protect and uplift the community he, now, finds himself in, trusting that their collective strength will reciprocate. Khaza'dun's ultimate aspiration is to return to his clan bearing an ancient dwarven relic, a tangible testament to his prowess and a symbol of the age of wonders he seeks to rekindle.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-16, 10:24 AM
https://i.ibb.co/MBVT0Yg/F54993b2591966a5dbe55ea10a9560ac-2.jpg
Sachiko Kaminaga (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862720)
Kitsune Thief Rogue
AC: 18 | HP: 16/16
Fortitude: +3 | Reflex: +9 | Will: +6 | Perception: +6
Hero Points: 1/1
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None

I do believe the sheet is finished.

I went with the Bibliophile background, so Sachi has always been known as a troublemaker who is too charming for her own good. She is sly and mischievous and knows how to get around people, so in her youth she tended to get away with a lot more than she should. One person in particular, however, Morlibint the proprietor of the Odd Stories bookshop, always seems to be able to see through whatever ruse or lie Sachi is engaged in and it is thanks to him that she grew up with a love of stories. He would tell her grand tales of heroes and nobles, trying to nudge her on the path of righteousness, but Sachi had a particular fondness for the dashing rogues who stole from the undeserving and gave to those who needed most. Her favourite story was of a dreadful pirate who kidnapped a princess and threw a kingdom into chaos, only to reveal he was a childhood friend who had saved her from a marriage she would have hated.

As I said before, I'll use the free archetype to grab Bard features... so I'll probably go with Bard Dedication at lv2, Basic Bard Spellcasting at lv4, Basic Muse's Whispers at lv6 (to grab the Lingering Composition spell), Inspirational Performance at lv8 (to gain the Inspire Courage composition cantrip) and Advanced Muse's Whispers at 10th level (to gain the Inspire Defense composition cantrip).

Bobthewizard
2023-12-16, 10:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0dqQnpV.jpg
Lera Trask (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862990)
Human Kineticist
AC: 18 | HP: 20/20
Fortitude: +9 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4 | Perception: +4
Active Effects: Armor in Earth

Lera grew up on a farm on the edges of the Fogfen swamp. She spent her childhood swimming through the mud and detritus of the swamp, eventually becoming one with the filthy water. One day, while she was out playing in the water, a great beast of mud rose up and swallowed her. Inside its mouth, she bit its inner cheek as hard as she could and the creature spit her out. She lay on the boggy ground, covered in slime, for several hours. That was enough to infuse the essence of the creature in her. Over the next few years, she developed the ability to create and mold the mud, earth, and water around her. She spent more time in the swamp, and less time around other people.

She knows that there are even more monstrous things out in the swamp known as Fogfen; she's seen these things through the mist, gliding through the murky water and heaving themselves over sodden bits of land. No one in Otari believes her tales of swamp monsters from the depths. She'll just have to prove to them that there are truly monsters out there, and that they were wrong to doubt her.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-16, 11:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Vig4ZvG.jpg
Lera Trask (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2862720)
Human Kineticist
AC: ?? | HP: ??
Fortitude: +3 | Reflex: +9 | Will: +6 | Perception: +6
Active Effects: None

Work in Progress. Going Earth/water Kineticist and the Fogfen Tale-Teller Background.

That links to my sheet, by the way. :P

Morphling
2023-12-16, 11:29 AM
Seems like you need a healer. I'm interested.

Bobthewizard
2023-12-16, 11:34 AM
That links to my sheet, by the way. :P

Yes. MW is doing site maintenance right now so I can't make a sheet. All done on Pathbuilder though. I'll link to that for now.

Great! Submit an app. Thunder999 can decide if they want to take the first four or leave it open longer and make selections.

Thunder999
2023-12-16, 05:46 PM
Plenty of options for a healer in 2e, anyone can take Medicine, perhaps with the Medic Archetype, or Blessed One Archetype, then you've got water and wood kineticists, Heal font Clerics, Life Oracles, Leaf Druids etc.

Bobthewizard
2023-12-17, 09:37 AM

Plenty of options for a healer in 2e, anyone can take Medicine, perhaps with the Medic Archetype, or Blessed One Archetype, then you've got water and wood kineticists, Heal font Clerics, Life Oracles, Leaf Druids etc.

I'll have Ocean's balm (1d8, 10 minute immune per target) at level one. At level 2, I'm taking medic and battle medicine (check for 2d8 once per day per target). Infernally Clay will have access to Soothe at level 4. Someone with access to Heal would be nice.

Zero Prime
2023-12-17, 10:28 AM
Honestly, I am going to disagree a Heal is needed. If we have an in combat heal (Ocean's Balm) & Battle Medicine (Trask), out of combat we have two people with Medicine (Khaza & Trask), as well as Balm (It's cool down is the same length of time as a Treat Wounds check) that's a fair amount of healing. Add a Champion to the mix, in combat we mitigate 3 points of damage every round via Champions reaction, an in combat use of lay on hands, and downtime use of the same, the group is in a pretty good spot.

Hell, a Witch with Lesson of Life would be great, because then we've got an Arcane caster for Magic Weapon, Enlarge, and other, insane buffs. Plus, right now we're hurting for an INT- based caster ...

I am *not* saying Clerics aren't great, but if you are looking at them *just* for access to Healing Font you are falling into the old tank-dps-healer trilogy that isn't really required in 2e.

Bobthewizard
2023-12-17, 10:45 AM
Honestly, I am going to disagree a Heal is needed.

Yes. You are right. I've seen exactly one combat with a cleric and it was great. But I've played a few games without one and we were fine.

Xihirli
2023-12-17, 11:07 AM
Hey all. Room for another?

Bobthewizard
2023-12-17, 11:12 AM
Hey Xhirli. Go ahead and apply. They didn't say they were just taking the first four.

Zero Prime
2023-12-17, 11:19 AM
The only reason I mention it is because there are other, more engaging ways to play a healer in 2e. I played a cleric once, and *as* a cleric, there is no, more beneficial, way to heal than a 2 Action heal ... which is really ... boring. Even a summoner with access to divine spells would be more engaging because with Act together you could two action heal, while giving your Eidolon a stride & strike .... but as a cleric, if you get behind on initiative you are healing reactively, and you'll likely not catch up on damage being dished out, so even working in a buff spell is difficult.

Man, I hated when I lost initiative and our tank took a crit, catching up on that initial HP deficit sucked!

Also, welcome Xihirli! A 5th likely wouldn't hurt, honestly, even though AP's are written for 4, in a PbP format, 5 or so gives each player more people to bounce off of for roleplay and stuff ...

Triskavanski
2023-12-17, 03:05 PM
I had some ideas as well.

CasualViking
2023-12-18, 04:50 AM
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/frustengrad/images/7/79/Eirzaren.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190201181424

Khalendel, Crossbow Thaumaturge (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2834403)

To Khalendel, the 5 years spent in Otari have been an extended grieving period. His only child, Eliana, died of old age like her human mother long ago, leaving Khalendel entirely alone. He has left his groves in Kyonin - works of art in the medium of living trees, grown and tended over decades and decades. Instead, he been wandering, honing the hunting skills of his youth, re-reading his correspondences with old friends, collecting stories and knick-knacks relating to the things that go bump in the night.

Khalendel has lived a peaceful life long enough. Maybe, just maybe, if he had been a more adventurous man, he would not have been standing alone at the grave of his last family member. He has had his first brushes with danger, and is not deterred.

Zero Prime
2023-12-18, 06:10 AM
Neat a Thaumaturge!

Just remember that Ancient Elf doesn't interact well with Free Archetype, leaving you with an unusable Archetype feat at 2nd. Since there are no ranger archetype feats, other than the Dedication itself (which you already have), to pick at 2nd. And because you can't take a 2nd archetype until you have three Ranger ones under your belt, you can't choose a different dedication. Just a thought if you wanted to pick a different elf heritage and then pick up Ranger at 2nd, up to you though ...

CasualViking
2023-12-18, 07:07 AM
Neat a Thaumaturge!

Just remember that Ancient Elf doesn't interact well with Free Archetype, leaving you with an unusable Archetype feat at 2nd. Since there are no ranger archetype feats, other than the Dedication itself (which you already have), to pick at 2nd. And because you can't take a 2nd archetype until you have three Ranger ones under your belt, you can't choose a different dedication. Just a thought if you wanted to pick a different elf heritage and then pick up Ranger at 2nd, up to you though ...

Oh, good catch, thanks. Now I'm a Wet Elf instead of an Old Elf (but still an old elf, because that's a load-bearing element to his backstory).

Bobthewizard
2023-12-18, 08:10 AM
Neat a Thaumaturge!

Oh, good catch, thanks. Now I'm a Wet Elf instead of an Old Elf (but still an old elf, because that's a load-bearing element to his backstory).

I've seen DMs let Ancient Elves take either the archetype's basic feat or a second archetype at level 2. It's worth asking Thunder999.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-18, 09:54 AM
Imagine the headache of playing an Ancient Elf Eldritch Trickster Rogue with a free archetype.

https://i.ibb.co/YB6ssmz/IMG-1190.png

Triskavanski
2023-12-18, 01:32 PM
Imagine the headache of playing an Ancient Elf Eldritch Trickster Rogue with a free archetype.

https://i.ibb.co/YB6ssmz/IMG-1190.png

And then you take adopted ancestory: Human to pick up the 9th level human feat to give you another archetype feat.

Xihirli
2023-12-18, 01:48 PM
All-in on the healbot Aasimar Cleric of Pharasma.

I took Time domain because the Fate Domain’s domain spell was Rare.
Firtina Gok (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863285)

Bobthewizard
2023-12-18, 03:07 PM
I marked the thread closed since we have 5 apps and two more who have shown interest.

Thunder999
2023-12-18, 05:13 PM
I'm taking the 5 who've applied so far

Zero Prime, Infernally Clay, BobtheWizard, Casual Viking, Xhirli

OOC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663048-PF2e-Abomination-Vaults&p=25929223#post25929223)

I'll link the IC thread there once I write it.

Triskavanski
2023-12-18, 05:38 PM
Oh well, maybe next time I'll form my idea fast enough.