PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Runelords, Book 1: Secrets of Roderic's Cove [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

lostsole31
2023-12-16, 02:01 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/721105384034664509/1185472731064569856/Plate_0_Front_Cover.png?ex=658fbc84&is=657d4784&hm=136efedbfdd85fcb7a3846af386db6e1756a162e43ea21b 03cb88db5e639513c&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=764&height=993

Wrath Shall Reign!

When one runelord rose from his slumber, the frontier nation of Varisia shook with his power, and it took a band of heroes to save the world. Yet there remained six other runelords, and now the most wrathful of them all has woken! As the runelords waken one after another, the dangers and perils faced by past heroes pale in comparison. When a mysterious and fearful ghost manifests on the streets of Roderic's Cove at the same time the town's gangs use the runes and legacies of ancient Thassilonian tyrants for their own ends, a new band of heroes must rise to save Varisia, and perhaps the world, from the return of the runelords!

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Character
[Player]

Speech Color
AL

Faith
Race [Ethnicity]
(Gender ID)

Side #1

Side #2

Campaign Trait

Alandra Hightower
[mbressler]

Fire Brick Red

CN
Shelyn
Human (f)
[Azlanti]
(formerly male Taldan]
Dread 3
[Nightmare]
Mesmerist 3
[Cult Master]
Accidental Clone

Bořivoj ("Bořek") Brennan
[NPC]

Blue

LG
Order of the Godclaw
Human (m)
[Kellid-Taldan-Varisian]
Fighter 3
[Armiger]
Paladin 3
[Iomedean Enforcer]
Scion of Legend

Feiya
[NPC]

Golden Rod

CG
Desna
Human (f)
[Tian-Min]
???
Witch 3
(Iconic Witch!)
Intrigued by Thassilon

Ranghen
[NPC]

Green

CN
Nocticula
Triaxian (f)
[Winterborn]

Cleric 3
Ranger 3
Close Allies
[Ziggy]

Rodrigo Anselmo Rodriguez y Syi-ting d'Oppara Nuevo
[NPC]

Violet

?N?
Pharasma
Human (m)
[Taldan, Tian-Shu]
??? 3
??? 3
Spirit Touched

Zygaxaryxon ("Ziggy")
[NPC]

Saddle Brown

C?

Nocticula

Copper Dragon??? (f)

???
True Dragon 3

Close Allies
[Ranghen]

lostsole31
2023-12-16, 02:48 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/721105384034664509/1185486883501912125/PG_Plate_1__Part_1_Opening_Post.png?ex=658fc9b2&is=657d54b2&hm=eac080beada880e23243859334139097b5d5c51b3d396bd d1a2fdd2dbde33903&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1336&height=993

Oathday, 6 Rova 4718 AR
Weather: 70/ 55 F. Clear, calm, & dry.

It is a beautiful early morning at the Circle Market. Alandra Hightower, with only a handful of gold remaining to her name (though that is still a hair far better than some commoners), has come to the Circle Market to prepare for a day of busking. So beneath a beauty like herself, but survival comes first. She is eyeing some very attractive wooden bowls when a pretty little knife catches her eye at the stall next to the bowler. Nothing for court or even worth enchanting, but in asking about it, she finds that the vendor is looking to clear out some of their merchant and is willing to part with this knife for 2 silver coins .. an insane bargain.

True she can call forth weaponry, but this is a knife. A very useful tool for a variety of day-to-day transactions. it is both slender and sturdy, and has a serrated portion for stripping wood.

Does Alandra buy this dagger?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-16, 10:10 AM
“Oh what a lovely dagger! I simply must have it.” she claps excitedly and gives the shopkeeper her most winning smile. She will fish a gold piece from her meager supply and ask for change.

lostsole31
2023-12-17, 06:05 AM
She hands over a gold, and gets 8 silver and the dagger in change. There was a slight crack on the hilt - not enough to be a penalty - but enough that the crack on the hilt is something that would have kept that dagger from ever being sold.

As she heads over to the woodworker's cart where she was looking at bowls, she thinks she sees a larger fruit bowl ... moving slightly ... only a little bit at a time towards the edge. Next to the woodworker's cart at an angle is a grocer's whole kiosk and spread, with a wicker basket of bright, shiny red apples right near the end, next to the shelf the bowl is slowly creeping towards.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-17, 10:35 PM
Curious, Alandra appears to study the other bowls while keeping an eye on the possessed one.

lostsole31
2023-12-18, 06:30 AM
The bowl doesn't move often or very far or very jerkily, which shows a little bit of patience. But it does move steadily, and finally part of the large fruit bowl hangs over the lip of the woodcarver's cart.

The grocer is doing business there, but after two minutes heads to the other side of their larger booth. When he does so, a curious little monstrous claw, caked with mud, reaches out and grabs an apple, pulling it under the fruit bowl.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-18, 11:04 AM
“A tiny thief I think,” she thinks to herself. She continues to watch out the corner of her eye.

lostsole31
2023-12-18, 11:24 AM
Alandra makes small talk with the woodcarver so as not to be too obvious. After a couple minutes, a scaly tail that - as with the claw she saw - has mud caked on it, is wrapped around an apple core, sans the rest of the apple as it seems to have been consumed. The tail is coiled several times and slowly lowers down, swings a little bit, and then unfurls like whip to catapult the apple core into a brush behind the kiosks.

The tail returns into the bowl. A minute goes by and the little claw reaches down past the apples. It is reaching towards carrots placed in a mug so the leafy heads are soooo close to the little claw, but it seems to have trouble reaching the tallest head of a carrot.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-18, 01:56 PM
Alandra smiles at the wood carver. “You have such lovely wares, sir! I am having difficulty choosing one over the other!”
“…I choose this one!” she beams as she picks up the over-turned bowl at the edge of the table, quickly wrapping the bowl and its contents in the folds of her cloak.
She coos over the wrapped bundle, “Don’t worry my pretty, I will take good care of you!”
She pays the wood carver and buys a bunch of carrots too before leaving the market. She heads for a quiet place to unwrap her purchases.

lostsole31
2023-12-18, 02:11 PM
It turns out that was one of his really nice, larger bowls and costs a silver, and then a bunch of carrots cost 2 copper. So, she gives a silver to the woodcarver, and then a silver to the grocer and gets 8 copper change from him. It should be noted that the wooden bowl (et. al.) seems to weigh around 10-12 pounds or so.

Once she gets to a quiet place, then what?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-18, 02:19 PM
Bending down she carefully unwraps the bowl, whispering hopefully calming words.“Easy little one. I mean you no harm.”
She puts the bowl down and gives the creature some space as she examines it.

lostsole31
2023-12-18, 09:34 PM
It is some type of winged reptile, and Alandra wonders if this might be some type of dragon as there is a classical dragon form, though that is a bit outside of her wheelhouse to know for sure. But dragon makes as much sense for its body plan as anything. Its entire body isn't caked with mud. In fact, only its "grabbing" claw and the tail seem to have mud caked on them. The ... dragon (we'll just use that going forward) .... is little bigger than a smaller house cat (and about 12 lb. weight) and is much leaner than you'd think a real dragon would be. The overall color scheme of its scales are a mix of russet and coppery colors, with a lighter underside.

The eyes are much larger than the eyes of artist's renderings of dragons you've seen before, as either evil dragons have beady eyes to seem rapacious; and good dragons have beady eyes to seem inscrutable. In fact, that's really the central focus like nothing else, but Alandra's trained eyes read detail outwards-in, rather than being distracted by central pieces like some people. The eyes of this dragon have a white sclera not unlike a human, though definitely a nonhuman shape as it is flat along the bottom but tall eyes with a high arch. The serpentine eyes like any reptilian creature are still there, but the soft mahogany eyes carry enough flecks and shine and are large enough to be almost breathtakingly adorable. You would have to have a lot of grit to want to cause harm to this cutie.

There does seem to be some trauma on the left side of its mouth. A bit of the reptilian beak is chipped, and underneath it seems like she may be missing a tooth as well.

"Th-thtranger danger?" mutters a scared little voice from the creature, and it sounds like the voice of a six-year-old girl with a lisp.

And with that, she is suddenly gone, and a whirl of wind is at the fabric that Alandra had by the bowl. It doesn't seem that she went invisible, but rather that she moved so blindingly fast to wherever she went that her movements could not be tracked.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-19, 05:40 AM
Alandra squeaks a little in surprise as the adorable dragon runs off. “Ohh!”
”Where did you go? I have some food for you!”

lostsole31
2023-12-19, 05:33 PM
A minute later, Alandra is approached - mind you, Alandra had sought an area on the outskirts of the Circle Market to interact privately with the dragon - by a very strange-looking woman. Nearly as tall as Alandra (who is statuesque herself) at 6' 1" but of a slightly sturdier build, this woman wears very bright, colorful garb that has been muted with time and travel, though the violet boots and cuffs still are striking. At her side is a sickle with a moon motif, and her semi-motley garb is actually studded leather armor (or at least its equivalent). But it's the woman herself who is strange, for where her skin would be is covered in short, soft, white fur. Her hair has a salted-ash white color undercut with some bits of slushy gray in a wild asymmetrical bob, including extremely short - almost shaved - section of her head on the left hand side. She has extremely thick and flowing eyebrows. Despite the white fur, it seems that whatever she is still has a culture of feminine decoration, for she has a green lip coloring, upper blush, and eye-shadow that might not work for Golarion humans, but works moderately well for her and her clothing choices.

She has a cowl pulled up loosely at the top of her head, and a familiar little, housecat-sized dragon is coiled around the back of her neck inside, trying to be hidden were it not for its little claw-paw pointing at you. She marches right up to Alandra while taking out that moon-sickle and says in very accented Taldane, and with an accent that Alandra not only cannot place, but is sure she's never heard before and a bit staccato, "You try steal daughter? Tell happenings now or be pieces!"

Blackhawk101
2023-12-19, 10:22 PM
“Peace, peace. I meant no harm, only to help the tiny dear. I did not want her to be discovered by the merchant for stealing. I sought to keep her from discovery. I bought these carrots for her.”
Alandra smiles friendly and pulls a bunch of carrots from her backpack.

lostsole31
2023-12-19, 11:55 PM
Everyone has their good days, and their bad days. No sooner does Alandra's voice escape her mouth, than she hears herself. The words seemed reasonable, but Alandra realizes that something about the way she said them perhaps was more wheedling than winsome, so it actually doesn't surprise her when the white-furred woman's eyes seem to steel over as she takes a breath to strike down Alandra, but then she gains some measure of composure and stays her bleed, as it seems the little dragonling is crying like a scared girl under the cowl, making this strange woman think the better of it.

The woman's eyes narrow. "Next time, you let her be catch to learn lesson, or you learn lesson."

She storms off. To the woman's credit, she actually did a great job of putting the fear of Aroden into her.Intimidate 20, just so you know for effect.It is enough effect that she spins and storms off before Alandra can come up with a witty retort as she is shaken.

It's not often that another person uses actual personality instead of psionic power to put fear into another. Either Alandra can be petty about it, or she can be philosophical, perhaps using what she felt to meditate on later for her own use in the future.

What does Alandra do now? Does she go get some possum punch from Bimmer "Possum" Coots' wagon to steady her nerves?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-20, 05:47 AM
Alandra places her hand on her chest to help still her beating heart. “Mama bear indeed!” She better grab a quick drink before she gets to work singing for her supper.
Alandra focuses her mental powers to implant a protective trick before she heads for Possum Coots wagon for a revitalizing tonic.

implant trick Psychosomatic Surge

lostsole31
2023-12-20, 08:05 PM
Local codger Bimmer “Possum” Coots is at the Circle Market, of course, as he is every week, selling cups of “possum punch” from his wooden cart not far from the old well at the circle’s eastern side. She pays 2 copper for a cup, which is reasonable, but when she tastes it she understands the low cost. It is not good. It is sweet from the fruit juices added, but the base alcoholic quality could peel wood off of a side of paint. The one thing that really helps it sell in addition to its cheap price, though, is that he has managed to have it chilled, which is quite the benefit of a drink purveyor on a late summer's day.

Alandra finds herself enjoying the simple act of people watching, and there is a good flautist that has scored an early set. As she is halfway through her cup, and suddenly realizing perhaps possum punch isn't as bad as all that, Alandra gets some more company at Possum's cart. Oh, there are other people there, including the barely-perceptible nobodies of men who drone in her ear, thinking she is either listening or cares about their lewd or shrewd discussions, when a strange woman catches her eye. Perhaps not otherworldly strange like the white-furred woman earlier, though this woman does carry for the theme of white hair.

This woman is nearly a foot shorter than Alandra and very trim (5' 3", 115 lbs.). Her physical features definitely show she is a Tian woman of Minkaian extraction, yet a lot of her clothes and manner betray that much of her time was spent not in that distant continent, but as one of the many Tian peoples that must have come across the Crown of the World and settled in Kalsgard and the Land of the Linnorm Kings. Even then, though, there is a singular way about her dress that seems to incorporate both the accidentally revealing of the seductress and the a complete doubling down of the whole "white-haired witch of the woods." She even has an obvious familiar - a red fox - trotting at her side, though that is unusual for a red fox comes from much more southerly climes.

Her gear is spare. She has a backpack, but it practically is folded in on itself for want of material to contain. She carries a staff which, while ornate, might do better as a ritual piece than a weapon. She does have a light crossbow and two cases of bolts strung to her backpack. A symbol you don't know, wreathed in actual plants, hangs from her neck. The oddest thing about her, though, is that the shadows seem to cling much longer than they should to her dark clothing.

She comes up to the cart and sets down a gold, to which Bimmer obliges with a cup of possum punch and 8 silver as he takes the gold away. As she begins to drink, she catches Alandra's eye and seems to be lost in thought. "Do I know you? You seem very familiar for some reason."

Blackhawk101
2023-12-20, 11:30 PM
Alandra holds out her hand and smiles.
“Alandra Hightower. I don’t believe we have met before but now we have. And you are?”

lostsole31
2023-12-20, 11:41 PM
The white-haired witch doesn't shake Alandra's hand, but does take it, turning it to supine position. She studies Alandra's hand intently for a minute, tracing some of the lines with her smaller, thinner fingers. As she does so, she cuts the awkwardness by speaking, or correction, ramps up the awkwardness, as her speaking voice is accented and of a strange pitching and cadence. "I am Feiya, and he..." and here she gives ever so slight a nod that makes you look to the fox, "... is Daji. Strange readings on your palm. You have prints and patterns and creases like any palm, and yet ... you don't have a lifeline ... almost as if you are one who walks about already dead, and waiting to die, for you died already, but for some reason it did not take.

"Tell me, strangely beautiful lady from nowhere," she adds as she slowly looks up to meet gaze with gaze, "how did you die? And how did you come back?"
I am thinking her speech is like a cross between the seer-goat that Michelle Yeoh voiced in Kung Fu Panda 2 and Bai Ling's femme fatale in The Crow.
It should be noted that she speaks at normal volume, not intentionally loudly, but her physical actions garnered enough focus that when she began speaking, everyone at the punch cart is now looking on at the interaction and listening intently.Kind of like when the Ghostbusters were in jail around the table, and everyone in jail around them were leaning in, listening.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-21, 06:58 AM
Alandra’s eyes sparkle with anger at the intrusion into her past.
Conscious of the public place she quickly smooths her features and retrieves her hand. A pleasant smile returns but not before anyone watching notices her steely gaze.
“It is not polite to ask such personal questions in public, my dear. Why don’t you meet me tonight at the tavern. We can discuss my past…and our future.”With that open invitation, Alandra sashays off to find a good spot to do some busking.

lostsole31
2023-12-21, 10:15 AM
Because of the setup of the Circle Mart, there really is only one place to perform with maximum exposure, and even includes a small stage where a flautist is just finishing up a set and stepping down. Anywhere else is really just in people's way, but they had the good sense to have a section here for a performer during the mart. There is as small table next to the mini stage (which is no more than 6" off the ground, and only enough for one performer to be comfortable. So, it seems that there might be more formality than expected.

Does Alandra go up to the table with the person sitting there with a parchment or do something else?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-21, 11:41 AM
She will approach the person at the table.
“Excuse me. Are you the person to see if I want to perform on stage?” ​she asks politely.

lostsole31
2023-12-24, 06:49 AM
"Yes! Hi, there!" she says cheerily. "What's your name? What type of performance do you do?"

Blackhawk101
2023-12-24, 10:18 AM
Alandra smiles prettily and does a little curtsy.
“My name is Alandra Hightower. I am a singer.”
She pouts a little.
”This is my first time performing here. How does this go?”

lostsole31
2023-12-24, 03:56 PM
"Welcome, Alandra Hightower," says the clerk. "Do you already have a busking license with Roderic's Cove?"

Blackhawk101
2023-12-24, 04:07 PM
“License? How unusual! I am new here and I am not familiar with the local ordinances.”
She looks at the clerk with large, dewy eyes on the verge of tears.
“Can you help me?”

lostsole31
2023-12-24, 04:15 PM
"Of course I can!" she says cheerily. "It costs one gold, and the permit lasts for one year. A portion of proceeds go to help the Orphans of Riddleport Piracy Foundation."

Blackhawk101
2023-12-24, 06:20 PM
The “clouds” part and her brilliant smile beams forth in a dazzling display.
“Oh thank you!”
Alandra hands over a coin with a little flourish.

lostsole31
2023-12-25, 06:46 AM
She takes the coin and puts it in something that looks more like an official satchel than a personal coin pouch and she writes some things down.

"Okay, then, Alandra Hightower. You are the last performer to sign up for the day, and you have the last slot. It is almost noon now, and you will be performing in the final 2-3 pm slot, per the water clock that you can see," and she points to it, some 20 yards away, "right there. Please show up 10 minutes early to verify your position or we may fill your slot with an alternate. Any questions for me before you go back to shopping and people watching?"

Blackhawk101
2023-12-25, 07:23 AM
“Thank you! I will do my best.” Alandra says cheerfully.
She thinks for a few seconds, tapping her chin thoughtfully.
“Do you recommend a tavern for food and lodging?”

lostsole31
2023-12-25, 07:29 AM
"I'm sorry, as a representative of the town of Roderic's Cove, I feel it would be unethical for me to make any recommendations concerning private businesses."

Blackhawk101
2023-12-25, 07:47 AM
“Oh! Okay then. Good bye!”
Alandra will pass the time people watching until her time slot.

lostsole31
2023-12-25, 09:00 AM
The best place to do that, of course is by Coots' Cart, though it is a painful act of self-denial on the warm day not to have another cup.

No sooner does she take her spot there, than a very colorful, fancifully-dressed man in an outrageous costume takes the performer's stand. It seems to be a foreign-born man of swarthy skin and extremely well-groomed, close cut beard, practically stubble-length but with meticulous design. The an himself is 6'4", but his performance hat adds a few inches to that, and has the most outrageous width to the brim. A trim man with dark eyes and black hair, he doesn't appear to be one of the "motley" types of bards so much that his very colorful outfit is just that ... some specific type of outfit. The most noticeable of which are these skull-faced pauldrons. At his side, he has a weird device on a fanciful belt that Alandra has never seen before.

He steps up on the dais and begins his set with voice and some type of mandolin she has never seen before. He even adds all manner of dancing flourishes into his performance. As she watches, she realizes he minimizes his singing .... he isn't very good. That doesn't matter, though, as that is more decoration. His dancing is great, but his mandolin(?)-playing is incredible, and he gathers an enviable crowd listening to a type of music she has never heard before and that is very lively. Even when he switches to a slower love song (or at least it seems like a love song), the string playing is liquid and deft.

As the afternoon winds down and gets closer to Alandra's time slot (half past, so fifteen minutes before she has to report in for her slot), a group of five men and women converge on Possum's stand near where Alandra is standing, and they drink and talk to each other. Alandra can even overhear part of their conversation - they're commiserating over the loss of several friends who perished in "the slaughter" the previous week) - and Alandra notices at least one crude patch on a bit of clothing bearing what appears to be a mouth with jagged fangs descending from it. Alandra easily recognizes the motif as the sign of the Horned Fangs gang.

Looking at what they look at, and trying to make sense of what they are there to do - the whole point of people-watching - Alandra notices a group of five other shady types winding their way through the crowd toward Possum’s cart, their expressions intent. None of them appear to be armed, but they certainly don’t look friendly.

As far as "the slaughter" ... Alandra heard that there was a row between rival gangs last week that left several people dead. It was no minor fracas but something that was definitely alarming to the sleepy town of Roderic's Cove, and now it seems that there might be some confrontation brewing again in the crowded Circle Market on a busy Oathday with lots of innocents about.

Alandra, what do you do?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-25, 01:25 PM
Concerned with the potential fracas hurting innocent bystanders (and audience members), Alandra rises unsteadily and weaves drunkenly through the crowd towards the newcomers. When she is about 20 ft from the group, she picks the most likely looking male candidate for leader and calls out to him.
“William! Will! There you are! I have missed you so terribly bad!”
With a tear full sob, she staggers forward and attempts to throw herself into his arms, bosom heaving.

bluff being intoxicated
Alandra has two objectives:
1) alert the horned fangs of the approaching danger. She has no particular allegiance to either group but if the horned fangs are out numbered or unprepared for a scrap, they might flee instead of fight.
2) to get close to the leader of the new group and whisper some disinformation if she gets a chance regarding a horned fang “trap” with foreign mercenaries.

lostsole31
2023-12-26, 10:11 AM
"William" is completely surprised, and has a big, dumb grin.

It seems there were others who recognized that something was amiss. Ambling forward on all fours, but then tripping up on her own tail and rolling forth like a wagon wheel until she lands unceremoniously on her belly spread-limbed in the space equidistant to the two groups, is that little dragon. She stands and despite her tiny size calls out, "Hey, buth-terth! You better'n't thtart no twubble and get gud people hurt or my momma' will kick all your buttth!"

It is a valiant effort, and completely adorable and not intimidating in the least. But she stands there, looking at each group in turn and says "Grr. Grr." [NOTE: She says "Grr," as compared to actually growling.]

While most of the crowd of onlookers coo and ahh, not realizing there was anything, but completely taken in by the tiny terror, Alandra sees that both of the gangs and all members therein - including "William" are looking on at the dragon and practically wetting themselves. That is when Alandra sees that the reaction is not actually for the dragon, but for what just walked up behind the dragon in obvious sign of show of support for the dragon. It is a walking wall of metal some 7' high, and something about the helm of this armored figure is scary as can be. the armor also appears to be a custom job of banded mail, as it had to be made to support a wearer of significantly larger proportions. It plants a guisarme's butt into the ground as if daring somebody to do something stupid.

The little dragon doesn't realize the massive man behind her backing her up. She only sees the two groups quailing at her dramatic might, and though she is an "alien" in that Alandra doesn't know from dragon expressions, she can't help but think that the little dragon looks pleased with herself while still trying to look scary.

One of "William's" people shout at the Horned Fangs and Alandra, little dragon, and big armored man alike, but with obvious worry and anxiety in their voice now, instead of a forceful challenge, “Us
Roadkeepers were here first, and we’ll be here last!”

Just then, the temperature of the summer day plummets and there is a darkening of the area despite no clouds in the sky. Indistinct and hazy, a glowing and transparent humanoid form appears as if viewed through a haze of murky water, In a booming voice that sounds like it’s gurgling out of the throat of a drowning man, the ghost cries out,

“NO! MY COVE! NO!”

Alandra, roll a Will save.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-26, 10:28 AM
spend IA to perform martial counter Inner Sense for +2 Will save ( not included)
[roll0]

lostsole31
2023-12-26, 11:37 AM
Alandra has spent her life studying the nature of fear. And while she does have to steel herself and grit her teeth, she resists the urge to bolt in terror.

Meanwhile, all of both gang members - and most of the nearby bystanders as well - flee screaming from the Circle. The guitar music suddenly stops and even that colorfully-dressed musician has skedaddled.

Meanwhile, the visage of the watery spirit drowns from view. Still standing in that area of the Circle Market are Alandra, the armored man, the little dragon followed quickly by the "momma," the white-haired witch, and even her unflappable fox. A minute later, an abashed, colorful musician returns to find out what happened, apologizing profusely for having run, as doing so was so "unmanly."

Representatives of the town guard arrive on scene within a few minutes to try to sort things out. Rather than accosting the colorful bunch, the guards on scene thank the heroes - and not knowing better they include the musician amongst those thanked, which he does not try to correct - as it seems the heroes managed to stop any escalation.

At the same time the guards arrive, the motley bunch are approached by a morose elf. Alandra recognizes the unusually dour-looking elf as Audrahni, Roderic's Cove's cemetery groundskeeper.

Audrahni was on her way to the Circle Market when the adventure begins, and she’s startled but not surprised to hear of Sir Roderic’s appearance. She approaches the armored man, who seems to know her, and he recounts to her what happened. To everyone else, including Alandra since they haven't really crossed paths, Audrahni introduces herself. She offers to buy the group dinner at the nearby Creekside Tavern and Inn.

Alandra, do you accept?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-26, 11:48 AM
Almost penniless, Alandra gratefully accepts the offer.
She is on the lookout for adventurous persons to join her in forming a group to seek fame and fortune through the discovery and preservation of beautiful artifacts.

lostsole31
2023-12-28, 08:19 AM
Once dinner is done and the group is relaxing with post-meal drinks, Audrahni broaches the subject of Roderic’s Cove’s recent troubles.

“Thank you again for taking the time to chat with me. You seem like capable sorts—certainly not the type who’d be content to live out lives of comfort in a small town like Roderic’s Cove. I don’t mean that as an insult—far from it. I’ve been in town for several years and I think the Cove needs people like you: heroes. The stink of violence is in the air. The near confrontation you were just involved in isn’t the first we’ve had recently... surely you’ve heard of the slaughter that took place last week? Something strange is going on here in Roderic’s Cove, and someone needs to do some investigating to figure out what that is. I’m hoping you’ll be up to that challenge.”

For those that are unaware of current events, Audrahni gives a recap. Audrahni knows that there was a big fight between two groups in town that left six people dead from mysterious and supernatural causes. Audrahni’s main concern, however, is the appearance of Sir Roderic himself. She recalls that the last time Sir Roderic’s ghost made appearances in the Cove was during events 10 years ago that culminated in a minor uprising. Roderic’s Cove’s previous port-Governor, Jess Gildersleeves, was run out of town after she was found to be undermining Roderic’s Cove by diverting funds meant for the small town to shady interests in Riddleport.

Audrahni believes that Sir Roderic grows restless when his beloved cove is in danger, not that he is the cause of those dangers himself. She now suspects that, in order to give the town’s founder the rest he finally deserves, Roderic’s Cove must be made safe for its citizens, but that requires first determining what sort of peril is building in the town’s shadows. She’s done a little bit of work looking around town for clues, but she’s the first to admit that she’s not the best at getting people to talk or noticing subtleties, and suggests perhaps the PCs will have better luck than she did in finding out more.

As for Roderic’s ghost, Audrahni mentions that an investigation of his old home, an abandoned building outside of town called Roderic’s Wreck, would be a logical step, but she warns that the old building is dangerous and that the PCs should be careful and deliberate in their investigation of the building.

When the conversation’s winding down, Audrahni reiterates her hope that the PCs will become heroes for Roderic’s Cove. She’s certain that something dire, in need of a group of heroes’ attention, is building within the town, and also that the ghost can be put to rest if the town is saved.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-28, 09:15 AM
Alandra is eager to form a new adventuring group and this colorful cast of characters is as likely a collection as she has yet to find. However, she doesn’t want to overplay her hand, so she asks a question of Audrani to allow the others to commit or no.
“Audrani, I am considerate of the town’s problems and I am interested in helping, but I have a few questions.”
She pauses and focuses on the Elf woman.
”Isn’t the local constabulary looking into the gang warfare?”
”What can you tell us about the two gangs and why there is escalating violence recently.”

lostsole31
2023-12-28, 09:41 AM
"From what I've seen, the local constabulary have their hands full with other issues. Dwarven merchants waylaid on the way to town, goblins in the woods, and so on. I would check with the town's leadership, mainly Port-Governor Larenza Thort, to see what they know," answers Audrahni. "As far as the gangs themselves, that's why I am asking you to investigate, to get more information about who they are."

Blackhawk101
2023-12-28, 09:46 AM
Alandra smiles at Audrani as she responds.
“Oh, I do love a mystery! I am in!”

lostsole31
2023-12-28, 09:49 AM
As it is late today ... too late to likely get people at their work or offices (and not knowing where they live if you were rude enough to entertain that line of thought) ... do you make a plan to reconvene on the morrow? If so, what time/where?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-28, 11:01 AM
Alandra winces a little as she remembers how light her purse is.
“I suggest that we reconvene here at the inn tomorrow morning 8 am to plan our next moves.”
After the group disperses, she will see if she can barter a reduced rate to stay at the inn in exchange for some songs to entertain the dinner crowd.

lostsole31
2023-12-28, 01:03 PM
She cannot. It is too late in the evening.

What does she do?

Blackhawk101
2023-12-28, 01:58 PM
She will inquire as to the availability of sleeping in the common room.

lostsole31
2023-12-29, 03:38 PM
It would cost her a silver piece, and the Creekside Inn & Tavern is not responsible for your items or your health.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-29, 07:09 PM
She will pay the silver and take her chances.

lostsole31
2023-12-30, 10:05 AM
As it is, she finds that Feiya (with Daji) and Rodrigo are both going to be in the common room with her that night.

Is Alandra going to go right to bed or chatter with them?If conversing with them, open up a new conversation in the RP channel. Otherwise, let me know she simply goes to bed here in the IC and I'll move forward regardless.

Blackhawk101
2023-12-30, 10:35 AM
Alandra is quite the chatterbox so she will stay up chatting.

lostsole31
2024-01-18, 09:58 PM
Fireday, 7 Rova 4718 AR (Waning Crescent)
Weather: 70/ 50 F.

Morning in the common room, and you are all awoken by the proprietor who chases everyone out so he can have the place cleaned. No, you may not convince them to stay through breakfast ... you have to go.

With the four of you outside the inn and rubbing your eyes. You begin your various morning routines, including Alandra, who meditates for an hour.Do you change anything about your setup? Not on your sheet, so I forget if there is anything you can change daily, like mesmerist tricks or not.
Ranghen meditates, prays, and otherwise goes through taking care of her weapons and armor for an hour. Rodrigo does a lot of various physical exercises, limbering up, and quick draw of both blade and funny-looking Alkenstar device. Ziggy just runs around, playing and stalking butterflies.

Afterwards (and answer the above), what do you do/ suggest doing?

Blackhawk101
2024-01-18, 11:34 PM
Alandra will clean up after her meditation as much as possible, even if it is only brushing her hair to a lustrous sheen and using prestidigitation.
She will approach each of the group in turn (even Ziggy) and ask if she can provide them a small psychic protection from harm. She will not give herself the same unless someone refuses.
once everyone is ready, she smiles and speaks to the group.
“Let’s go inside and get a table so we can decide our course of action for today.”

Use cult trick Psychosomatic Surge on up to six

lostsole31
2024-01-19, 01:31 AM
All three, curious, take the "protection." The remainder of the group shows as well. Do you offer the same to Bořek and Feiya (and, for that matter, to her fox)?

Blackhawk101
2024-01-19, 08:54 AM
Alandra offers the same protection to the others including companions.

lostsole31
2024-01-19, 10:41 AM
Feiya takes it, allowing it to be used on Daji. but Bořek politely declines, giving Alandra the ability to see to her own protection as well.

The group goes inside and gets a table for breakfast...

What does Alandra recommend for a plan?

Blackhawk101
2024-01-19, 12:20 PM
Smiling warmly, Alandra addresses the group.
“Welcome! I hope you all slept well.”
She grimaces ruefully and rubs her neck.
“Please feel free to offer any ideas or additional information you may have. As for me, I suggest we explore the old home of the former mayor, Rodrick’s Wreck. It sounds like it will be interesting to explore if nothing else.”

lostsole31
2024-01-21, 11:11 AM
Everyone is just fine with that for a place to begin.

Blackhawk101
2024-01-21, 03:46 PM
“Anyone know how to get there?” Alandra asks?

lostsole31
2024-01-22, 12:36 AM
"I do," says Bořivoj. "It is sort of the local 'daring place' where as kids we would dare someone to try to enter the place, let alone stay all night. To a young boy, it is a very spooky place. As an adult, it is a derelict cabin soon to be reclaimed by the swamp."

Blackhawk101
2024-01-22, 05:40 AM
“Excellent! Let’s eat and then head over there and see what we can discover!”says Alandra. She will eat light; ordering only milk and fresh bread if they have them. She will munch on a fresh carrot and offer some to Ziggy.

lostsole31
2024-01-23, 01:01 AM
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/721105384034664509/1199231561963425853/Plate_2__Part_2.png?ex=65c1ca6d&is=65af556d&hm=12a4b55f9bf0130c25182197a83036ac279bba4a9f0cebc 0ddaa7e5fbf2e2c30&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=1453&height=993

Ranghen will take the carrot, and feed it to carefully to Ziggy.

Led by the young armiger, the party travels a little bit before getting to what he identifies as Roderic's Wreck ...

Approaching the house, it is immediately apparent that Roderic’s Wreck is indeed a wreck. The house slumps visibly toward the water, one corner edging dangerously into the river. Boards in the house’s walls have warped and popped free from their nails, peeling back like bark from an old tree. The front door hangs slightly ajar. The sound of buzzing insects, creaking tree branches, and the river flowing by hangs in the moist air.

Blackhawk101
2024-01-23, 07:15 PM
Alandra will draw her bow and cast a spell so that it glows with a bright white light.
“Anyone good with finding traps or hidden dangers? If so, you’re up!”

cast light

lostsole31
2024-01-23, 11:19 PM
"Allow me to try my hand," says Feiya in her strange dialect and cadence of Taldane. "My adopted mother-sisters enjoyed setting traps for me when I would escape, and in time I became quite good at looking out for dangers - hag-made and natural. Though I don't know what traps you expect if the young come here to try their bravery. Daji, come."

Daji gives a yip of surprise, obviously smelling something off!

Surprise Round ...

S14: Something flies out from under the eaves over the porch and with a long nose/ beak/ something attacks Daji but misses.

S13: Daji bites at the flying thing, and viciously nips for 4.

S10: Another flying thing comes out and attacks Feiya and also misses.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ..

R1T28: Feiya calls out, "Stirges! Magical, mosquito-like monsters. Be defensive in your tactics that they don't attach to you and suck your blood! Daji, back!"

She moves to the back line and casts a spell on herself, using a cured square of leather hide. A close magical force field appears briefly around her before disappearing.

R1T21: Bořek takes Feiya's advice and attacks carefully and knocks one of the stirges out of the air for 11, but keeps his position to block as many allies from being on the front line if the last stirge comes forward.

R1T19: "I help the fox-puppy, Mama!" cries Ziggy enthusiastically and leaps forward into the air towards the stirge and bites hard, doing the opposite of Feiya's recommendation, but landing on the ground with the bleeding stirge in its mouth.

The stirges are finished off for sure, and tossed into the water.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-01-23, 11:47 PM
"Well done, everyone!" beams Alandra. "It does seem that we will need to be on our guard in this place."
Alandra moves to the center of the group with a dainty swirl of her skirts.
"I have additional protection magic I can give you to mitigate wounds you would take. It only lasts several hours but it might be helpful. Does anyone want my protection?"
If any accept, she will grasp their faces in her hands and stare deeply into their eyes for several seconds before pronouncing "DONE! in a loud voice.

give each false healing 1d8+5 THP for three hours if they accept, including herself.
[roll0]
Alandra will trigger the tricks if or when the subject takes damage .

lostsole31
2024-01-24, 12:19 AM
Everyone is fine taking what protections may be granted all.

People start to take a bit of a "formation" at this point as Feiya and Daji step up. The moss-covered planks that make up the front porch are swollen and half rotten. The front door hangs slightly open.

Daji does a yipping bark at the porch and Feiya waves everyone away. She takes a look, and says, "Big Man, can you break the porch right here," she says pointing to part of the porch.

Bořek obliges and sets down his guisarme and taking out his flail and easily shattering part of the rotten wood. Feiya nods and he puts his flail away, picking up his guisarme again.

"It is fine now, the pressure is relieved from the rest of the porch, and it is safe now."

Feiya checks the door and opens it to reveal a dank smell pervading a five-foot wide hallway. A set of stairs rises to the next floor, and the hallway turns sharply to the north past the staircase.

Blackhawk101
2024-01-24, 05:53 AM
“Let’s clear this level first.” whispers Alandra.

lostsole31
2024-01-24, 05:55 PM
Alandra, for the very tight passageways (5' wide), what do you suggest for a marching order? Note that Daji can share Feiya's space, and that Ziggy can likewise share Ranghen's space.

Blackhawk101
2024-01-24, 06:43 PM
“Humm…I think a good marching order would be Freiya and Daji first to scout for danger. Then Borek second, to pummel anything trying a frontal attack.” she gives the young man a grin.
“I would put myself next followed by Ziggy and her Mom and then Rodrigo last. Any objections?”

lostsole31
2024-01-25, 02:37 AM
As the line moves to the first doorway on the east (ignoring the stairs for now), the warrior turns around and corrects Alandra, "It's not Borek. It's pronounced Bořek."

Blackhawk101
2024-01-25, 09:40 AM
"My apologies, Bor^ek. Your name is difficult for me to pronounce." Alandra smiles embarrassed.

even using my laptop, I cannot get the special character correct.

lostsole31
2024-01-26, 02:41 AM
This happens over the next two minutes, but substitute "Bořek" for "Nikolaj" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-b8aIA5lso

lostsole31
2024-01-29, 11:29 AM
After that interlude has ended, Bořek moves to the north of Feiya while she's at the door, so as to protect the party from anything deeper in.

Feiya opens the door, and says, "It appears to be an old living room."

Daji starts yapping angrily, but nothing is seen by Feiya. "Daji senses something. I am in front for my senses and ability to detect traps. Not to be your canary. Someone else can go in first."

Alandra, what do you recommend?

Blackhawk101
2024-01-29, 01:36 PM
Alandra motions to Bořek to proceed into the room. She gives the brave knight a bright smile with a fanatical gleam in her eye (*).

* Uses fanatical stare on Bořek; suppressing negative effects and providing +1 attack and damage and +2 will saves.

lostsole31
2024-01-31, 02:19 AM
The young knight passes by Feiya and Daji to start moving carefully into the room, and Alandra's stare just barely seeing enough of him to help him.

There's a skittering sound heard from within, and Bořek's gauntlets grip his polearm tightly in response to a perceived threat.

Begin Round One ...

R1T24: Ziggy instantly is off the chain and goes rushing into the next room. "Big rockamotches!" she calls from the other room, followed by "Ptooey!" and a faint sizzling sound.

R1T20: The shadows around Feiya become slightly lessened as she then moves into the room.

R1T19: Rodrigo moves in and a loud report is heard from his Alkenstar weapon that makes Alandra's teeth rattle. "Got one!" he calls jubilantly. Then less excitedly, "Oh, wait, it's still moving."

R1T11: "She meant cockroaches," Ranghen explains matter-of-factly as she passes Alandra and makes her way in, and the sound of her sickle carving through something resistant and wet is heard.

R1T10: Alandra, what do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-01-31, 07:26 AM
Alandra readies her bow and after entering a martial stance she moves 5 feet to the North. She will fire her bow at a likely target.

She will quickly analyze her opponent and shoot at the closest target; prioritizing easy shots over more difficult ones.
Sw: enter combat mantra stance: attack bonus
FA:5 ft step North
SA: attack closest “rockamotch” , no special sauce
[roll0][roll1] with psychic shot
She will trigger any Cult trick Psychosomatic Surges if party members or herself take damage.
She activates her aura of fear ability even though it mostly likely won’t work on nearly mindless creatures (vermin).
She readies her counters Body of Delusion and Inner Sense should she need them.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-05, 10:04 PM
Alandra will move in the check out the room to the East.

lostsole31
2024-03-07, 12:20 AM
Doors along the northern and eastern sides of this moldy room provide exits. The floor droops toward the south so the lowest corner of the room brushes the river as it flows by. The ceiling in the northern and eastern sides of the room is torn. The remains of a small desk lean into the northwestern corner of the room, its slim drawer hanging out.

The party does a quick search in here. The drawer hanging out of the slumped over desk is empty aside from a dried-out jar of ink and a few split pen nibs. However, a piece of paper is stuck to the bottom of the drawer by a film of mold. It’s jagged around the edges, as if the rest of the sheet was ripped from the remnants. The stuck and moldering page shows an “X” in the middle of some woods, and the letters “St. Hs.,” shorthand for “Stonehouse.”

Feiya - with Ranghen's help, recognizes the woods as the nearby Churlwood.

What now?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-07, 01:07 AM
“Feiya, would you be so kind as to check the door to the North for danger?”
Alandra smiles.
“Borek, proceed into the room if Freiya says it is okay to proceed.”

lostsole31
2024-03-07, 04:16 AM
Feiya stands back, and her curious double instead listens at the door. Meanwhile, real-Feiya says, "No. My occultation will shield the man since something up close will stymy him with his big stick."

Feiya checks the door, and then opens it. As the line begins moving forward, hundreds of swarming spider emerge from the broken floorboards and attack!

As soon as they swarm over the occultation, it disappears, and in doing so, shadows form and cling around Feiya.

Begin Round One ...

R1T24: Alandra, you have your bow in hand (emitting light). What do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-07, 06:58 AM
“Eeeeek!” screams Alandra in a high pitched shriek.
She turns and runs from the room’s Western door and then South outside to the extent of her single move.
“Nope. No thank you. Nope…no…nope!”

MA: move 5’ NW, 5’ W, 20’ S
FA: enter stance Battle Mantra (+1 AC)
SA: full defense
she will activate Psychosomatic Surge and False Healing if anyone takes damage. If she needs to make a saving throw, she will use the Inner Sense counter.

lostsole31
2024-03-08, 01:57 AM
R1T24: “Eeeeek!” screams Alandra in a high pitched shriek. She turns and runs from the room’s western door and then south outside to the extent of her single move, all while frantically jabbering, “Nope. No thank you. Nope…no…nope!”

R1T23: With pistol in hand, Rodrigo hustles outside and onto the porch stairs with Alandra.

R1T21: Ranghen's voice can be heard saying something inside just before there is the sound of glass breaking and the indirect flash of orange-yellow from within! Though a brief flash, that light and flickering of active flames within then builds.

At the realization there is now a raging fire inside, Rodrigo mutters, "Ay, dios mio!"

R1T19: Lots of guttering flame inside now, and that light seems to be advancing, or getting brighter, or something ...

R1T18: More sounds of glass breaking, but this time there is an awful smell that wafts down, and the lights of a fire slowly gutter out.

R1T15: Ziggy comes to the hallway and says, "Spiders gone!"

R1T10: Despite that, calls out, "I've been poisoned!"

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T24: Alandra, what do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-08, 05:34 AM
At Borek’s call, Alandra moves back to him to see if she can help.

MA: 20’ N, 5’ E, 5’ NE.
she has no healing knowledge to offer but will trigger the Cult Trick and False Healing if he takes damage.

lostsole31
2024-03-09, 08:42 PM
R2T24: At Bořek’s call, Alandra moves back to him to see if she can help.

R2T23: Rodrigo follows her...

R2T21: Ranghen moves over to give Bořek first aid.

Daji, Feiya, and Ziggy delay ...

R2T10: After some deep breaths, Bořek finally nods gratitude to Ranghen as the poison has run its course.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-03-09, 10:27 PM
“Is everyone well? asks Alandra with genuine concern. “I will not loose another group so fast!”, she thinks to herself.
“Sorry I ran away but I have no weapons against a swarm like that!”

”If everyone is recovered, let’s search this room also,”

lostsole31
2024-03-09, 11:27 PM
Ranghen answers. "The young warrior has been weakened by poison, and that weakness likewise affects how well he bears the weight of his armor. Mind you, my medical skills and his hardiness fought off the poison quickly, so it's not too bad, but I recommend that he now cycle to the back of the group as backup."

Blackhawk101
2024-03-09, 11:38 PM
“Agreed. Borek, please keep to the back for the time being.”
She gives him a fierce grin. Alandra searches the room.

use fanatical stare at Borek.

lostsole31
2024-03-11, 05:51 PM
Two doors stand along the north wall of the room, and one stands along the western wall. A masterfully built table stands against the mold-covered windows in the room’s southeastern wall. Aside from a layer of mold and a few patches of moss, the dining set looks to be in immaculate condition compared to the rest of the house’s furnishings.

Most of the eathenware and porcelain dishes inside the cabinet shattered when it tipped over, but inspecting the interior of the cabinet you find the following:

Silver serving set
Silver decanter
Set of (6) Copper Mugs

Nobody in the group is skilled at appraisal. People can guess, but that might give the wrong idea.

The items are collected. What now?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-11, 06:13 PM
“Interesting find! Bodes well for our luck on this adventure.” Alandra smiles as the silver is collected.
“Freiya, would you examine the doors to the West please? With Borek poisoned, who will volunteer to be our point person?”

lostsole31
2024-03-12, 03:07 AM
"I and Ziggy will be in front with Feiya and her fox," says Ranghen.

The two women check both doors and determine them to be safe.

Which door (or both simultaneous) do you recommend opening first?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-12, 03:10 AM
Alandra nods to Ranghen and points for her to open the Southern most West door.

lostsole31
2024-03-12, 03:32 AM
The door opens up into the corner of a passage. The hallway you came in terminates to the north here before turning east. There are three doors ... one under the stairs, and two facing doors down the passage.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-12, 01:19 PM
Alandra nods as if expecting to see the corridor there.
“Ranghen, check this door to the north please before we move on.”

lostsole31
2024-03-12, 07:16 PM
Ranghen does so, and it opens up into a room.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-12, 07:18 PM
Alandra motions Ranghen and her diminutive companions to proceed into the newly opened room.

lostsole31
2024-03-12, 07:32 PM
A door that opens to the space beneath the stairs is boarded over. The doorknob is broken off and a steel spike has been driven into what used to be a lock.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-12, 07:38 PM
“Ranghen and Frida, check the door to the East and if safe, open it.”
Alandra purses her lips and taps her chin.
“It leads outside but let us check it out anyway.”

lostsole31
2024-03-12, 07:58 PM
Alandra, you just begin to notice the sound of water churning behind the door under the stairs. Everyone else (except Rodrigo) look around and at each other as they hear the same thing.

What do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-12, 09:42 PM
​“I don’t like the sound of that! Everyone retreat back into the room we came from!”

lostsole31
2024-03-13, 03:55 AM
Begin Round One ...

R1T25: Feiya scoops up Daji and runs back through the door.

R1T18: Ziggy follows ...

R1T17: Bořek does just the opposite and enters the back hallway with his guisarme.

R1T16: Ranghen follows Ziggy.

R1T12: Rod follows Feiya ....

R1T11: Alandra, what do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-13, 07:18 AM
Alandra moves East into the room and then south.
“Borek, come on!”
She prepares to close the door once he is inside.

lostsole31
2024-03-14, 09:13 PM
R1T11: Alandra moves East into the room and then south. “Borek, come on!”she shouts as she prepares to close the door once he is inside.

He does so, she shuts the door, and all is quiet.

Initiative Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-03-14, 09:38 PM
Alandra carefully wipes some glistening beads of perspiration from her brow before addressing the group.
“That was weird! Any thoughts as to what is apparently trapped behind the door under the stairs? Perhaps some kind of magical trap?”

lostsole31
2024-03-14, 09:58 PM
"If the sound came from the external door to the north, it would have made sense," says Feiya. "But it came from a closet. I doubt it is a big bug, but given the creepy rumors of this place, possibly a haunt or ghost of some sort?"

Blackhawk101
2024-03-14, 10:38 PM
Alandra will wait if any one else wants to chime in. If not, she will put her hands on her hips and hold up her chin.
“We will come back to this mystery later. In the meantime, Ranghen please take the lead as we examine the corridor to the West.”

lostsole31
2024-03-14, 10:54 PM
Ranghen steps out into the hallway. She turns around and asks. "There is a door - likely leading to a closet - under the stairs a few feet south of me. Do we want to check that first?"

Blackhawk101
2024-03-14, 10:59 PM
Suspicious of strange closets now, she frowns briefly before responding.
“Yes, but be careful to check it for danger with Freiya. If it looks locked like the other one, leave it alone for now.”

lostsole31
2024-03-15, 09:39 AM
Feiya goes out with Ranghen. It turns out the door is not locked. "Nope!" calls Feiya. "Just a moldy linen closet."

Blackhawk101
2024-03-15, 11:01 AM
“Good. Continue down the hallway then.” She points West with a slim arm and daintily tapered fingers.

lostsole31
2024-03-16, 09:14 PM
The doors are checked clear. Which do you recommend getting opened first, north or south?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-17, 08:12 AM
Alandra motions to the Southern door.

lostsole31
2024-03-19, 12:23 AM
The door is opened and Ranghen looks in from where she is. "Looks like a family room."

Blackhawk101
2024-03-19, 12:35 AM
Alandra nods. “Let’s check it out.”

lostsole31
2024-03-19, 01:21 AM
The party moves into the family room.

As they begin searching, Feiya suddenly stops and asks, "Did anyone else hear children giggling?"

Ziggy raises a little claw, looking spooked, and Daji seems uneasy and coiling closely at Feiya's feet.

Nobody else seemed to have heard anything.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-19, 09:33 AM
"I heard nothing. That is very ... unsettling. Let's keep our guard up as there may be supernatural entities nearby."

A worried look crosses Alandra's face at the thought of ghosts. She carefully searches the room.

lostsole31
2024-03-20, 03:41 AM
The PCs receive a vision of Roderic’s family. One child sits upon Roderic’s knee while the other two sit on the floor around him, listening to him read. Roderic’s wife, Andella, sits next to him on a chair doing needlepoint. This pleasant scene turns to horror as the family suddenly shifts, their skin sloughs away in wisps of shadows to reveal skeletal faces. Roderic turns to the PCs, points accusingly, and demands they leave, saying, “Get out!” in a long, gasping shout.

Alandra, roll a Will save ....

Blackhawk101
2024-03-20, 07:13 AM
Alandra tries to steady herself in the face of supernatural horror.

[roll0]

lostsole31
2024-03-20, 10:40 PM
Everyone feels fear, for sure, but nobody appears to be unduly put out as the horrible apparition disappears.

Alandra directs a careful search of the room that ends up taking 40 minutes, yet reveals nothing of interest and no clues of any kind.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-20, 11:11 PM
"Too bad we didn't find any clues here. We keep searching."

"Freiya and Ranghen, check the door to the North in the hall. Everyone else follow and stay alert!"

As if to emphasize this, Alandra knocks an arrow and prepares to follow the other two women into the hall.

lostsole31
2024-03-20, 11:19 PM
The door to the north is checked clear and opened. A sickeningly sweet scent hangs in this room’s otherwise stale air. Mold and fungus grow up the side of the northern walls, and what was once a table lies decayed and slumped to the floor at an angle. A door and a stone hearth occupy the west wall of the room, the oven’s door slightly ajar.

Ranghen passes that information along as she is the only one with a good view of most of the kitchen from her spot at the doorway.

Now what?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-20, 11:25 PM
Alandra nods and motions the women to proceed into the room.

lostsole31
2024-03-21, 12:52 AM
As soon as Ranghen ad Ziggy step in, Ranghen says, "I have something. It's all mold and muck in here, but there is definitely something hiding in the muck to the west........ It hasn't responded to my voice or mention of it, so not intelligent. Wait, yeah, that's a garden ooze. Looks like flowering and fruiting mold that camouflages in other mold. How do you want to proceed?"

Blackhawk101
2024-03-21, 08:25 AM
“Garden ooze? Is it dangerous? What do we know about it?” Alandra asks prettily concerned.

lostsole31
2024-03-22, 03:02 AM
"Yeahhhh," admits Ranghen in her accented drawl, "it's already starting to quiver, so I am guessing it senses our vibrations now."

Begin Round One ....

R1T24: "Daji, stay," Feiya says before she casts a spell on herself, giving her a faint, protective glow. She rushes in and jumps up on top of a side table.

R1T21: Daji steps to the side of the door and is ready to defend himself if attacked.

R1T19: Ranghen wasn't ready for how quickly the garden ooze would slide forth towards her in a smooth, quick motion. Part of its amorphous, floral form stiffens to attack Ranghen with a pseudopod.

R1T18: Alandra, your lit bow is in hand, and you have a partial view of something near Ranghen. What do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-22, 03:57 AM
Alarmed, Alandra advances and tries to cause pain to hamper the creature.

MA: move 5’ North (free)
SwA: manifest Lingering Touch (visual) spending 3 pp for duration 2 rnds
SA: RTA Devastating Touch with Fear’s Reach.
[roll0]
[roll1] 2 rounds

lostsole31
2024-03-22, 04:43 AM
R1T18: Alarmed, Alandra advances and looks upon the creature. A host of spectral creatures coalesce around Alandra - giving initial alarm to her allies - when suddenly they all fly forth into the quivering floral mass to make it quiver irregularly for 6 as it suffers terrible pain.

R1T14: Ziggy moves just a few feet north and then belches on the muck, but it seems to have no effect.

R1T13: Rodrigo enters, and in trying to get between Ranghen and Ziggy, the things lashes out at him and misses. He ends up in the northeastern corner. He quick draws his weapons while getting into a stance, including an iaijutsu strike with his sword that does 14.

R1T6: Ranghen doesn't move but draws her sickle and power strikes the garden ooze for 9.

R1T3: Bořek moves behind Alandra, but doesn't advance farther.

R2T24: A diadem forms on Feiya's brow before flashing, causing the muck to have a fit or seizure of some sort.

R2T21: Daji delays ...

R2T19: The muck quivers erratically, affected by Feiya's strange attack, but then takes 4 lingering pain from Alandra's prior attack. The thing quivers, but now seems to be a strange quiescent mass. Several seconds again, Alandra's continuing damage hits it again and kills it, causing it to lose all surface tension and falling apart in mud, muck, and flowers.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-03-22, 07:58 AM
Alandra bounces up and down excitedly.
“Well done! Well done!”

“Since we are here, take a look around and note if you find anything of significance.”

lostsole31
2024-03-22, 12:05 PM
It takes less than 2 minutes to toss the kitchen, and there is nothing found of note.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-22, 12:26 PM
“That looks like the extent of this floor except the freaky closet. Advanced Team: Feiya , Ranghen and companions. You lead us back East and then South into the entrance hallway. From there we head up/down the stairs.”
Alandra smiles encouragement to the women and their companions.

lostsole31
2024-03-23, 04:08 AM
The party reroutes as recommended, regrouping at the base of the stairs that lead upwards. The advance is carefully begun, with an eye to safe transit over the old, warped, wooden stairs.

Once Ranghen and Ziggy get to the top, they pass down what they see ... it is an upper hall. Two sets of stairs descend to the lower floor of the home. Two doors stand along the north, west, and south walls, while a single door stands partially open along the east wall.

How do you wish to proceed?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-23, 10:07 AM
Alandra’s beautiful face scrunches up in concentration for a bit as she tries to suss the best direction to go.
“To the …West I think.”

lostsole31
2024-03-26, 01:01 PM
Ranghen calls out, "Looks like the west has a southern spur to the south with a door. Check that door first, or the west?"

Blackhawk101
2024-03-26, 01:27 PM
“Yes, check the Southern door first,” Alandra replies.
“Do you need more light up there?”

lostsole31
2024-03-26, 02:34 PM
Feiya - who was carrying a light source, had already gone up, but Ranghen yells down, "Couldn't hurt."

It is assumed that the rest of the party begins moving upstairs. Ranghen and Ziggy check the door, and then open it, revealing some kind of lounge.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-26, 02:37 PM
Alandra nods and smiles at the advanced team to proceed.

lostsole31
2024-03-26, 03:06 PM
The leather of the room’s two large chairs seems mostly intact, but stuffing covers the ground beneath them and has been strewn about. Broken glass glitters on the floor, and a low table lays on its side, the drawers from a small cabinet on the ground beside it. A draft from a broken window stirs the moldy drapes, and a crooked painting of a sailing ship at sea bears a lengthy rip through the canvas.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-26, 03:32 PM
“Let’s do a check of the room.” Alandra moves to examine the cabinet.

lostsole31
2024-03-26, 05:35 PM
The party does a quick search of the room, which takes only about two minutes. From the cabinet, Alandra finds a fine crystal decanter, and Ziggy finds the decanter's stopper which rolled under one of the leather chairs.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-26, 07:32 PM
Alandra gives the decanter to whichever party member(s) is holding the loot.
“Alright! Advance team…back to the Hall and check the first door to the West!”
She flips her hair over shoulder and points dramatically back into the hall, clearly enjoying herself.

“Too much attitude?”she whispers to the flamboyant swordsman Rodrigo as the group moves out.

lostsole31
2024-03-27, 08:52 AM
"No, no!" says Rodrigo more flamboyantly. "Gotta be relaxed, like this...." and he plops down on a leather chair like a king in his castle. When he does so, there is a long, slow, expelling squeak of air as the air trapped between the leather upholstery and the cushion are slowly pushed out. He jumps a little at the squeak, and everyone stops cold as the long, awkward noise finally peters out.

Once the noise is done, and it is obvious that the creepy squeaking was just old, broken down furniture, Rodrigo slowly starts to laugh nervously, embarrassed that he was spooked by so simple and mundane a reason, and the other NPCs - mirroring the nervousness and building to a good laugh.

Does Alandra find herself laughing in what amounts to a form of stress relief?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-27, 02:27 PM
Alandra’s high melodic laughter joins the others as they enjoy the chance to relax a little. “Thanks for the advice!” ​she giggles.

lostsole31
2024-03-28, 01:12 PM
The team shares their first stress-bonding over the laughter, meaning that the laughter is probably louder and longer than one would expect more as a form of release than what caused the laughter, but as the group's laughter begins to abate, one laughing voice seems to be particularly sharp-edged and laughing longer and with more force than everyone else and with a malignant overtone that gets everyone else's laughter to stop .... for floating out of the chair and now above Rodrigo is a ghostly, skeletal form accompanied by a fast-growing mini-cyclone of loose debris from the room!

Alandra, roll a Will save!

Blackhawk101
2024-03-28, 04:10 PM
“Gasp!” Alandra is surprised at the haunts sudden appearance.

[roll0]

lostsole31
2024-03-28, 07:58 PM
A disturbing sight, to be sure, but not enough to make anyone in this group to go running for the hills.

Begin Round One ...

R1T21: Daji yips in alarm, but waits for a command.

R1T14: "A poltergeist!" calls out Feiya. "Spirit undead- so positive energy or magic attacks only may hurt it. It is bound to this house, so can't move more than 30 yards from the property. Daji, carefully, outside!"

She stares at the creature balefully, seemingly getting a reaction from the poltergeist.

R1T13.5: Daji scampers out of the room.

R1T13: Alandra, what do you do? Your bow (with light) is in hand.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-28, 08:46 PM
Alandra is painfully unprepared in encounters with the undead. She withdraws NE and then N so that she is in the hallway just behind Borek.
"I am not much use against the undead. I will try to aid you as much as I can."

FRA: Withdraw 5 ft. NE and then ten ft. North.

lostsole31
2024-03-28, 09:10 PM
R1T13: Alandra is painfully unprepared in encounters with the undead. She withdraws NE and then N so that she is in the hallway just behind Borek. "I am not much use against the undead. I will try to aid you as much as I can."

R1T12: A sound of a caustic hiss from inside and Ziggy scuttles outside and behind Alandra. "I did thomething with my bweath, but vewy wittle," she half-heartedly boasts.

R1T8: Bořek drops his guisarme before stepping inside. "I know not if you are sentient, but trust that I hope Iomedae gives my hands the power to send you to your final end."

R1T7: There is a burst of light from the room.

R1T5: Rodrigo heads out into the hallway, following Alandra's light and then getting behind Alandra (sharing square with Ziggy). He shrugs. "Perhaps I should invest in holy water, si?"

R2T14: Feiya begins cackling wildly, which may just be more disturbing than the poltergeist. A faint flash of light.

R2T13: Alandra, what do you do?

Ziggy on deck, Bořek in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2024-03-28, 11:32 PM
Alandra moves to the doorway and stares fanatically at the young armored knight.
"Get it Borek!"

MA= 5ft step South
SA= Use Fanatical Stare on Borek with only the good buffs: +1 to hit / +1 Damage and +2 Will svs.

lostsole31
2024-03-28, 11:55 PM
R2T13: Alandra moves to the doorway and stares fanatically at the young armored knight. "Get it, Borek!"

R2T12: Ziggy runs back into the room, and takes advantage of the fact that the poltergeist is flying. It breathes at it as it partially dodges and takes 1 acid.

R2T8: Bořek's hand is glowing when Alandra first sees him on her return. He waves his hand through the poltergeist and the light on his hand flashes as it does 5 PE.

R2T7: Ranghen channels energy and does 8 PE.

R2T5: Rodrigo delays ...

R2T3: The poltergeist seems partially insensate.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T14: Feiya continues cackling and shoots a beam of blackness that warps through the poltergeist for 2 disruption.

R3T13: Alandra, what do you do? If you just want to keep staring at the man until the battle is over, let me know.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-29, 12:01 AM
Alandra keeps staring at Borek until the battle is over but she takes a battle stance and defensive posture.

Sw: Battle Mantra stance +1 AC
FAA: Full defense

lostsole31
2024-03-29, 10:01 AM
R3T13: Alandra keeps staring at Bořek until the battle is over but she takes a battle stance and defensive posture.

R3T12: Ziggy spits at the poltergeist, doing 1 acid. Ziggy then backs away out of the room.

R3T8: Bořek says a quick prayer under his breath, and reaches out. The positive energy on his hand reaches out and destroys the poltergeist.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-03-29, 10:52 AM
Alandra thrusts her fist skyward in triumph.
“Well done everyone! I knew that we would make a formidable team!”
”Keep alert still and let’s check the next door North in the hall. Advance Team, please take the lead.”

lostsole31
2024-03-29, 12:00 PM
The group gets into something of position (i.e., a mass of bodies in the hallway). Ranghen opens the door and then yells, "Bugs!"

Begin Round One ...

R1T28: Feiya glares into the room.

R1T20: Bořek drops his guisarme and moves into the room while readying his shield. He moves in and takes the worst position possible ... on purpose.

R1T19: Alandra, what do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-03-29, 12:49 PM
“Attack! yells Alandra. Amorphous shadow horrors swirl around her body before streaming towards one of the bugs.

Sw: manifest Lingering Touch 3 PP (2 rnds)
SA: attack Blue bug with Devastating Touch (RTA)
[roll0]
[roll1]

lostsole31
2024-03-29, 01:33 PM
R1T19: “Attack!" yells Alandra. Amorphous shadow horrors swirl around her body before streaming toward the only bug she sees, though those shadows disperse against the far wall.

R1T18: Rodrigo rushes in while pulling out gun and sword to strike Red for 9 mod, as it seems the hard shell of the bug resists his blade.

R1T19-13: Red was clinging to the wall and hops down to bite at Rodrigo while Blue, on a desk, bites at Bořek.

R1T11: Ziggy moves in and spits at Red, which in turns moves enough to only take 4 acid. "Mama! They like the smockagoches downstairth, but theze is dead oneth. Smashy attacks!"

R1T10: Ranghen darts in without provoking, and then lets loose with a burst of positive radiance that does 5 PE to Red (resisting), but 12 PE to Blue and 5 PE to Green. Ranghen's white fur seems to have a faint lather on it from the exertion and she says, "I can't do any more of that today. But Ziggy's right... they're exoskeleton cockroaches and crushing weapons work best as the hide turns away blades."

R1T9: Green hops off the wall and bites at Ranghen.

R1T7: Daji delays...

R2T28: Feiya seems to be concentrating on something for herself, doing some controlled breathing and even shutting her eyes.

R2T20: Bořek smashes Red and instead of dying like a normal cockroach, it internally combusts and leaves no remains behind but a scorch mark on the floor.

R2T19: Alandra, what do you do?

Rodrigo on deck, Blue in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2024-03-29, 03:33 PM
"****!" snarls Alandra knowing her powers will not affect undead. She uses her Fanatical Stare on Borek. She shifts into a martial stance.

SA: use fanatical Stare on Borek
SwA: Martial Stance Battle Mantra (AC).
She will "pop" any Cult Trick Psychosomatic Surge if someone takes damage.

lostsole31
2024-03-29, 10:25 PM
R2T19: "****!" snarls Alandra knowing her powers will not affect undead. She uses her Fanatical Stare on Bořek as she shifts into a martial stance.

R2T18: Rodrigo acrobatically moves south successfully, and the particular way he does it seems to distract the enemy while heartening his allies. He slashes blue with some type of special maneuver and dusts it.

R2T11: Ziggy spits at the last exo-roach for 4 acid.

R2T10: Ranghen takes out her sickle and slashes the monster for 6 mod.

R2T9: The exo-roach attacks Ziggy, and seems to bite past the scales, but doesn't appear to do any actual damage.

R3T28: Feiya moves just inside the doorway and points southwards, a line of black energy shooting forth, but missing.

R3T20: Inspired by Rodrigo's bold maneuver, Bořek smiles at him and then dusts the last exoskeleton cockroach with his shield before stowing his shield and picking up his guisarme again.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-03-29, 11:20 PM
“Well done! Let’s check this room.” Alandra takes a look around.

lostsole31
2024-03-30, 08:55 PM
It takes a minute for a quick search, but nothing of interest in this room.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-30, 09:00 PM
Alandra smiles satisfactorily. “Advanced Team head to the next door North and West once you are back in the landing.”

lostsole31
2024-03-30, 09:18 PM
The group does as mentioned. The door is checked and opened, revealing what is likely the master bedroom beyond.

Blackhawk101
2024-03-31, 12:30 AM
Alandra nods to the forward group to proceed into the room.

lostsole31
2024-03-31, 01:36 PM
A moldering mattress lies amid a bowed wooden frame, flanked on either side by ruined tables. A dresser in the northwest corner of the room has seen most of its drawers pulled out and discarded on the floor. Remnants of moldy and animal-gnawed clothes spill from them. A hole has been hacked into the floor, near a long, slender wooden case that is open and tipped over on the floor.

Appearing drenched and bloated, Roderic drains up from the floorboards into the room in eerie mockery of gravity, then speaks in a hollow voice:

“The cove. The stone house in the wood. The gauntlet. Save them. My map. The key.”

Blackhawk101
2024-04-01, 09:01 PM
Alandra pleads with the ghost of Sir Roderick, “We will help protect the town! What other help can you provide?”

lostsole31
2024-04-02, 11:21 AM
Sir Roderic's ghost seems nonplussed. With a slight change in inflection of increased frustration and anger, he repeats:

“The cove. The stone house in the wood. The gauntlet. Save them. My map. The key.”

Blackhawk101
2024-04-02, 11:44 AM
Alandra looks around at the others nervously.
“Yes, we will!” she assures he spirit with as much confidence as she can muster.

lostsole31
2024-04-02, 12:04 PM
The ghost of Sir Roderic burbles and gags as water spills out of his mouth as he disappears.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-02, 12:35 PM
Alandra shakes herself to clear the lingering uneasiness of the spirit’s visit.
“The map we have of the stone house in the woods is obviously important to solving this mystery! Anyone know what the significance is of the other items he mentioned?”

lostsole31
2024-04-03, 12:36 AM
None of the NPCs know off the top of their heads.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-03, 06:15 AM
“All right then. We will figure it out later.”
Alandra huffs, chagrined.
“Let’s search this room before moving on.”

lostsole31
2024-04-03, 07:12 PM
It takes two minutes to search in here, with folk re-upping light as needed. This was once Roderic and Andella’s bedroom. Now, animals have torn out most of the bedding, leaving a scattered tangle of cloth remnants and soiled and shredded stuffing. Aside from the couples’ garments, little of interest can be found among the scavenged dresser. Most items of interest that resided within have long since been scooped up by those who took the dare to spend the night in Roderic’s Wreck.

The open wooden case discarded on the floor once contained a sword. The case is of masterwork quality, and a thin sheeting of lead lines its interior. Etched into a plaque in ornate lettering on the case’s side is the word “Baraket.” Two small but complex locks line the edge of the open case. A wad of adhesive gum holds a pair of keys tacked to the lid of the case. The case looks valuable (value unknown).

As the party discusses if they've ever heard the name "Baraket" before or not, Feiya casts a spell on herself, but it doesn't help. Nobody has ever heard that name before.

The keys are removed from the case and when closed, the case automatically locks. The keys are verified as being unable to unlock the case, and it is put into party treasury.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-03, 09:53 PM
Alandra puts her hands on her shapely hips and addresses the group, ​“We have more questions than answers but I say that we are definitely onto something!”
“Let’s go back to the landing and then explore the hallway to the North.”
”Advanced Team…move out!” she commands with a giggle.

lostsole31
2024-04-04, 04:01 PM
The hallway to the north ends in a window, but also has the northern set of stairs going down ... the one that downstairs had some creepy water noise coming from it.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-04, 04:12 PM
"Good to know where another possible exit is. Let's go back to the landing and check the next door to the NE." ​Alandra decides after a few moments of thought.

lostsole31
2024-04-04, 04:37 PM
The door is checked and opened, and the room is described for those that don't see in. The remains of a wicker cradle slumps against the wall between two cracked windows. A small wicker table in similar condition sits in the corner of the room.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-04, 04:49 PM
The group will make a quick search of the room.

lostsole31
2024-04-04, 05:33 PM
Surprise Round ...

As soon as the first two (+two) enter the room, there is the sound of a child whimpering and sobbing.

Begin Round One ...

R1T25: Ranghen reaches out and throws the overturned crib to the side, revealing a small creature. It wears the tattered remains of a rabbit costume, its canine skull protruding from the hood-like head of the destroyed outfit. A necklace of lettered, wooden blocks hangs around its neck, and the unsettling creature drags a wheeled wooden duck by a soiled and knotted string.

Ranghen calls out, "It's an attic whisperer, an undead child! Be careful, because its touch and attack can steal your breath or steal your voice!"

R1T24: Feiya stays where she is and stares at the attic whisperer, and smiles. "I ... have ... you...." she says in her creepy dialect. "Daji, away!"

R1T23: Ziggy hops to the side and spits at the undead. It moves very quickly and only takes 2 acid.

R1T22: Daji backs out all the way and looks around carefully.

R1T16: The attic whisperer steps to the southeast. It bites Feiya in the left elbow with notable speed, like a serpent striking, doing 6 + fatigued, having taken some of the breath out of her. It then reaches up and touches her chest, but Feiya rallies and keeps her voice.

R1T15: Bořek bravely heads in past the rest, with the whisperer missing him with its bite. Despite attacking from a back line and the grating tears, the armiger manages to strike the undead with his guisarme for 10.

R1T14: Rodrigo rushes past everyone up to where the crib was and spins around like lightning, drawing his sword in a brilliant twirl to slash two-handed for 11.

R1T10: Alandra, the sobs coming from the creepy undead are unsettling. What do you do?

Ranghen on deck, Feiya in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2024-04-04, 05:52 PM
“That is so gross! How do we kill it?” asks a panicked Alandra. She will see if she can remember ever hearing of this kind of creature and then activate her Cult Trick Psychosomatic Surge on Feiya.

FrA: assessment
Sa: activate Psychosomatic Surge Cult trick on Feiya.

lostsole31
2024-04-05, 01:44 AM
R1T10: “That is so gross! How do we kill it?” asks a panicked Alandra, never having heard of such a creature before. She prepares in case Feiya gets hurt again.

R2T25: "It's undead!" answers Ranghen. "I don't think it has special defenses, so same thing as any enemy, but as undead it hates positive energy."

She takes out her sickle and slashes the undead for 5 mod. "It's sobbing seems to be sapping a little bit of my attack strength."

R2T24: Feiya begins to laugh hysterically before casting carefully to place a spell upon Ranghen.

R2T23: Ziggy carefully squirrels into the space of the attic whisperer and whips her tail at its leg but misses.

R2T22: Daji delays ...

R2T16: The attic whisperer bites Feiya in the foot and Alandra is ready and energizes the trick that completely ablates the initial damage while granting an additional 2 THP and Feiya keeps her breath. It swings a little clawed hand at the witch but misses.

R2T15: Bořek calls out, "You powers of the Godclaw hear me! Give unto me the means to give peace to this child." With that request, there is the faintest glow on his polearm, though he misses with his attack.

R2T14: Rodrigo steps into the corner, draws an exotic knife, takes brief aim, and throws it. The tanto hits the creature center mass for 12 mod + entangled, as it staples the creature to the eastern wall.

R2T10: Alandra, what do you do?

Ranghen on deck, Feiya in the hole ...

Blackhawk101
2024-04-06, 01:17 AM
Alandra adopts a Marshal stance and quickly nocks and fires an arrow at the horrible creature.

FA: enter Battle Mantra stance +1 to hit
SA: Fire bow at creature , Risky strike, Psychic shot
[roll0] +1 Battle Mantra not included
[roll1] +1 psychic shot not included

lostsole31
2024-04-06, 10:39 PM
R2T10: Alandra adopts a martial stance, knocks an arrow, and fires it at the horrible creature, but misses wildly with all of the interference.

R3T25: Ranghen concentrates on a spell, and with a glowing hand reaches out to touch the attic whisperer, which just barely resists to only take 4 PE, the glow now gone from Ranghen's hand.

R3T24: Feiya continues to laugh at the unfortunate child undead. She points at the thing and as a black beam shoots at it, the attic whisper touches her shin. She gasps but continues her laugh as a black beam lances out to just barely get the whisperer 12 disruption!

R3T23: Ziggy spits at the whisperer and takes 3 acid, and the string leading to the rolling duck gets destroyed.

R3T16: The attic whisperer bites Feiya in the knee with a speedy snap for 7, removing the last of Alandra's protection. Worse, it steals more of her breath and now Feiya is exhausted and falls to the ground asleep, which in turn stops her laughter. It then reaches out to touch Ranghen in the belly ... and she coughs as she fights to keep her voice.

R3T15: Bořek picks up Feiya, and then tries to get out of the room. As he does so, he gets touched in the buttocks, though he doesn't show any signs of any kind of struggle. Once outside, he drops her unceremoniously on the ground.

R3T14: Rodrigo continues his arc and stops at the door to screen Alandra, and then quick draws his wakizashi that cuts across the attic whisperer's small abdomen and spine. There is an internal burning - in much the same was as for the exoskeleton cockroaches - and the entire attic whisper combusts to ash from the inside out before dropping to the ground as a scorch mark.

As soon as that happens, Feiya gasps awake dramatically in the hallway as it seems that her supernatural link was tied to the attic whisperer in some way.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-04-07, 01:28 AM
“Thank goodness! Is everyone alright?” exclaims Alandra.
She moves around checking on each party member. She doesn’t have medical training so she only tries to comfort the injured by assuring them that they “Will be okay” without any actual assistance.

Mesmerist Rider:

Psychosomatic Surge Cult Trick is in place on all party members except Borek and Freida. Trigger=taking damage. 1d8+1 THP. Duration 1 hr.
False Healing : Active on all party members . 11THP. Duration =3 hrs.

lostsole31
2024-04-08, 01:35 AM
Courtesy of Alandra's preemptive measures, nobody is actually wounded, though Feiya's fortifications have been expended. Other than that, Brennan is weakened from poison, and Feiya is exhausted, sapping her strength and agility.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-08, 04:53 AM
“Poor Freiya is exhausted. Let’s rest here for a bit until she is better able to protect herself .”says Alandra with a bit of Motherly concern.
“Lunch break!”
Alandra will munch on a carrot and offer one to the dragon and anyone else who wants one.

Mesmerist Rider:

Psychosomatic Surge Cult Trick is in place on all party members except Borek and Freida. Trigger=taking damage. 1d8+1 THP. Duration 1 hr.
False Healing : Active on all party members except Freiya. 11THP. Duration =3 hr

lostsole31
2024-04-08, 06:45 PM
Ziggy will definitely take carrots.

How long does Alandra take for a break?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-08, 07:27 PM
Alandra will rest until Freiya feels better. About an hour.

lostsole31
2024-04-08, 07:46 PM
After an hour, Feiya is no longer exhausted, but is fatigued, but willing to continue since there can't be much more of this house left to explore.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-08, 08:54 PM
“We will check the room where we defeated the attic whisperer and then check the next door to the East.”
Alandra smiles at her group.
”Freiya, hang back from the door check since you don’t have any protection.”

lostsole31
2024-04-09, 05:17 PM
It takes only a minute to search the room clear ... nothing of interest in there.

The next door to the east is checked and opened, revealing a set of bunk beds that have fallen apart and crumpled against the south wall of this room. A wooden chest of toys is turned on its side, spilling moldy stuffed animals, wooden blocks, and neglected toys across the floor.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-09, 05:28 PM
“Take a few moments to check this child’s room. Stay on your guard.” cautions Alandra as she daintily shoves debris aside with her foot.

lostsole31
2024-04-09, 06:54 PM
No sooner does Ranghen and Ziggy move into the room than an exoskeleton giant cockroach crawls out from within the ruins of each bunk bed!

R1T26: With the speed of youth, Ziggy zooms in and around from the north, and spits due south to wet both wacky waterbugs. Red takes 4 acid, but Blue - protected by the bedding - only takes 1 acid. "Dead buggiethz!" she shouts in alarm.

R1T24: Ranghen steps up to help her foster daughter with her sickle, cracking the shell and doing 4 mod.

R1T22: Rodrigo gets into a different combat stance than Alandra has yet seen. He steps right up to Blue and tosses his tanto (the funny dagger he carries) in a stylized way that does 10 mod.

R1T17: Feiya commands Daji to stay and then moves into the room. She shoots a black beam at Blue that misses.

R1T16: Bořek drops his guisarm and moves in while drawing his flail, and then splatter-combusts Blue.

R1T8: Alandra, what do you do?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-09, 07:25 PM
Not to play favorites, Alandra gives her fanatical stare to Feiya. Alandra adopts a defensive marshal stance.

SA:Fanatical stare
SwA: Battle Mantra +1 AC

lostsole31
2024-04-09, 10:53 PM
R1T8: Not to play favorites, Alandra gives her fanatical stare to Feiya. Alandra adopts a defensive marshal martial stance.

R1T5: The exo-roach bites Ziggy for 1 mod, though doesn't look like it.

R1T3: Daji delays ...

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ..

R2T26: Ziggy gives just the cutest little growl at the exo-roach's mindless temerity and closes, the exo-roach unable to bite past her scales. She snaps with a bite, and then with a little claw completely opens up the undead until it combusts and turns to ash.

Combat Ends!

The room is searched for a minute or so, and nothing of interest is here.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-10, 05:22 AM
“Good work everyone especially Ziggy!” Gushes Alandra enthusiastically.
“Let’s move on to the next room to the South.”

Mesmerist Rider:

False Healing : Active on all party members except Freiya. 11THP. Duration =3 hr

lostsole31
2024-04-10, 03:19 PM
The door is checked and opened. Off-color rectangles on the moldering walls show that there were once many frames hanging on the walls of this room. A selection of pens and brushes, as well as a silver-capped ink jar, lie on the floor amid the remains of a desk.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-10, 03:35 PM
​“Spread out and look for clues!”

lostsole31
2024-04-10, 04:34 PM
In addition to being a courageous man who led others to a new settlement, and a privateer who patrolled the Varisian Gulf to keep it free from pirates, Roderic was also an accomplished cartographer. He created numerous maps of the gulf and the rivers he explored that fed into it.

There is reputed to be something called “Roderic’s map,” but that's not here. Alandra happens to know off-hand that Roderic's map - a map of the cove and its surrounding areas - now resides in city hall in the town's archives.

Sir Roderic's ghost manifests again, the power of the manifestation is felt enough for Feiya and Brennan to come down to see as well. He says the following in a tired, labored voice:

“My map. They took my map. It holds the key. To the vault. Baraket will control them. It will control you! I should have taken the gauntlets, but I fled. I was a coward. You must be brave. You must endure where I did not. The vault. It lies still in the vault. You must save my Cove. Save. My. Cove.”

Blackhawk101
2024-04-10, 05:52 PM
“I think I know the map of which he speaks. There is a map of the area drawn by Sir Roderick located in the town archives! Gang, we need to do a little breaking and entering!” Alandra’s eyes glow with barely concealed excitement.

lostsole31
2024-04-10, 05:58 PM
"You are the heroes of my beloved Cove now," he says before disapparating.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-10, 06:14 PM
“Let’s check out the last room on this level and then call it a day. We can decide after discussing our findings with Audrahani to explore the stone cabin in the woods or to secure the map first!”

lostsole31
2024-04-11, 01:57 AM
The last door is checked and opened. Sagging shelves, one of which has partially pulled free from the wall, line the walls of this room, set with spools of thread, boxes of needles, moldy scraps of cloth, bolts of decaying fabric, and various types of shears. A round box of soiled yarn rests on a worktable along the north wall, and a dress form lays propped in the corner.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-11, 04:41 AM
“Take a look around but be on your guard.”

Mesmerist Rider:

Psychosomatic Surge Cult Trick is in place on all party members except Borek and Feiya. Trigger=taking damage. 1d8+1 THP. Duration 1 hr.
False Healing : Active on all party members except Feiya. 11THP. Duration =3

lostsole31
2024-04-11, 02:22 PM
With the walking wounded staying outside, the four of you begin a search of the room.

"Did you hear that?" asks Ranghen.

"Momma, why ith thtuff in the room shaking?" asks Ziggy.

Begin Round One ...

R1T24: "Haunt incoming. Back out if you can't fight it!" says Ranghen, casting a spell on her hand, causing it to emit a warm golden glow.

R1T23: Alandra, what do you do? You didn't notice anything, and there's nothing immediately targetable.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-11, 04:13 PM
Alandra will back out of the room all the while staring at Ranghen. She takes a martial stance.

FrA:Battle Mantra +1 AC
SA: Fanatical stare at Ranghen
MA: move to hallway 5’ West and 10’ North or until she has a clear space to stand.

Mesmerist Rider:

Psychosomatic Surge Cult Trick is in place on all party members except Borek and Feiya. Trigger=taking damage. 1d8+1 THP. Duration 1 hr.

lostsole31
2024-04-11, 08:07 PM
R1T23: Alandra takes a martial stance and backs out of the room, all the while staring at Ranghen.

R1T22: Daji yips in alarm when Alandra moves quickly up the hallway.

R1T19: Rodrigo shrugs and backs out.

R1T17: The items in the room come to life and chaotically fly through the air, slashing at and tangling everyone in the area ... which includes out into the hallway! Flurries of needles fly about like straw caught in a dust devil, while scissors and shears flap dangerously through the area. Strips of cloth wrap around people’s heads, and spools of thread and yarn spread like ever-shifting webs. Creatures in the room and area out to the limits of the hallway to the north get sliced and poked, some of which gets overborne by Alandra's psychosomatic surge: Ziggy takes 5 mod + 3 THP; Feiya takes 7; Rodrigo takes 6 + 2 THP; Bořek and Daji take 5, and gain 3 and 5 THP (respectively); Ranghen takes 4 + entangled + 3 THP; Alandra takes 3 + 8 THP.

Ranghen was entangled as cloth, threads, and unraveling balls of yarn swirl around her.

R1T16: Bořek takes out a glass vial and throws it against the wall next to him. The blessed powers of the holy water splashes outward to flash against some of the bits and bobs to do 6 PE. He backs up a few feet.

R1T13: "Daji, clear out!" says Feiya. She reaches her hand to the side where some things swirl around and lets loose with a black beam that disintegrates multiple pieces and impacts the haunt for 10 disruption.

R1T12: Ziggy turns and spits at a sewing machine and whatever is flying in the way. Some of the things float out of way, but Ziggy still does 4 acid.

R1T11: Daji comes out of delay to do as told, getting away out of the area.

R24T24: Ranghen touches the things entangling her and her power discharges with a bright flash and everything drops out of the air ... the haunt destroyed. For good or only for now, none can tell.

Combat Ends!

Blackhawk101
2024-04-11, 08:17 PM
Alandra untangles herself and carefully fixes her hair.
“Everyone alright? Check yourselves and then the room.”

​Alandra will check the room for anything of interest.

lostsole31
2024-04-11, 08:32 PM
In the round box containing the moldering yarn is a concealed space; inside are five bars of gold, each worth 200 gp.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-11, 08:43 PM
Alandra bounces up and down excited.“Yes! Now we have enough to outfit the group for our upcoming expedition: The Hero of Roderick’s Cove Journey to the Stone Cabin! …eh…It’s working title.” she shrugs

“Let’s head back to town and try to sell what we acquired.”
”Not the sword case though. I think we might need that.”

lostsole31
2024-04-12, 02:37 PM
Ranghen says, "I don't know if that haunt will be back ... or whatever was creating the water-sound in the closet below. We should be sure to let folks know that this wreck is still haunted and dangerous."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-12, 07:58 PM
Alandra nods in agreement.

lostsole31
2024-04-13, 12:57 AM
Where to now?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-13, 04:00 AM
The brave heroes of Roderick’s cove return to the inn to enjoy a repast and recovery. Alandra will sweet talk a local urchin into asking Audrahani to join us at the inn for dinner.

lostsole31
2024-04-14, 03:23 AM
As an aside, on the road back to the inn, Ranghen casts a spell to heal Feiya's wounds. Feiya regains the rest of her breath after an hour. Meanwhile, Feiya uses a liniment to help Bořek recover more quickly.

Does this end the night for you?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-14, 09:09 AM
If Audrahani doesn’t join us, then yes.

lostsole31
2024-04-14, 08:02 PM
Audrahni DOES find and join you...

Blackhawk101
2024-04-14, 08:38 PM
Alandra’s eyes glow with excitement at the arrival of the elven graveyard sexton.
“We have much to discuss! …but not here.” she waves a hand at the inn common room.

”We can get a room or do you have another suggestion?”

lostsole31
2024-04-14, 08:51 PM
Audrahni will pay for the group to room together. The boys will be in one room; Alandra and Feiya in another; Ranghen and Ziggy in their own room.

In the meantime, she says, "Come by the graveyard tomorrow so we can talk freely and where there are no earwigs in the walls."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-14, 10:33 PM
“You bet we will! First thing!” Alandra agrees.

lostsole31
2024-04-14, 11:39 PM
Starday, 8 Rova 4718 AR (New Moon)
Weather: 70 / 55 F. Moderate rain (3/4").

The next day, will there be any kind of changes to Alandra's daily setup?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-15, 09:38 AM
Alandra will perform her typical daily morning routine: Bath and/or Prestidigitation, brush hair, don jewelry , apply perfume. Once she is presentable, she will join the others and do her weird, mind meld implantation of the Psychosomatic Surge cult trick to: Feiya, Ranghen, Rodrigo, Ziggy, Daji and herself.
After breakfast, the group will make their way to the cemetery.

lostsole31
2024-04-15, 08:19 PM
And ... at the cemetery, Audrahni greets you and makes you all tea...

Blackhawk101
2024-04-16, 10:45 AM
Alandra sips her tea and smiles at their hostess.
“Thank you so much for the rooms at the inn and the tea! It’s lovely!”
Why everyone makes such a big deal over dirty water, Alandra will never understand.

“We had a very productive day yesterday at Sir Roderick’s home. We met his specter and found some clues that might help us!”

Alandra rises from the table and takes on what she hopes is an undead pose. Then, with her best Sir Roderick’s ghost voice, she recounts their encounter:
“and the ghost of Sir Roderick said: “The cove. The stone house in the wood. The gauntlet. Save them. My map. The key.”
”…and then he said in a different room!:“My map. They took my map. It holds the key. To the vault. Baraket will control them. It will control you! I should have taken the gauntlets, but I fled. I was a coward. You must be brave. You must endure where I did not. The vault. It lies still in the vault. You must save my Cove. Save. My. Cove”

Alandra regains her normal pose and sits. “We found a map to a “stone house” in the Churlwood and a sword case marked Baraket in the house. I think the map may be found in the town’s archives.”

Alandra smiles at the elf sexton and asks “What do you think?”

lostsole31
2024-04-17, 06:42 AM
Auhdrani somberly repeats what Feiya had mentioned before, but this time verifying that belief and from someone who lives in the town ... that Roderic was a skilled cartographer and charted the region on several maps that reside in Cove Hall, adding, "That should obviously be your next place to go ... to seek an audience with the Lord-Mayor and ask permission to view Roderic's maps."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-17, 08:12 AM
Alandra eyes Audrahani skeptically. “The Lord-Mayor interviews who can visit the town archives? Sounds like a low level bureaucrat job to me!”

Alandra considers the forthright approach briefly before agreeing. Who knows, it might work. There is always plan B…

She addresses the hostess again, “What can you tell us about Baraket?”

lostsole31
2024-04-17, 09:43 PM
She shakes her head and says ruefully, "I don't know what that is."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-17, 10:42 PM
“Is there a library or historian in the area who might know of this sword? It seems important.” Alandra considers things as they stand for a few moments.

“Regardless, we need a place to sell the gold and silver items we have collected. Anyone know?”

lostsole31
2024-04-18, 04:36 AM
Audrani answers, "I mention going to Cove Hall to seek an audience with the Lord-Mayor Lorenza Thort, because she would probably be appreciative of being told of what happened at Roderic's Wreck and the appearance of his ghost. She also might give insight into the goings-on in town.

"As far as knowing about the sword, you could kill two birds with one stone. Remember that the trouble brewing was when the Horned Fangs and the Order of Resplendence got into a row a few weeks ago? Well, the Horned Fangs are thugs. But the Order is based in Peacock Manor, just north of town, and they're a group of scholars who share an interest in Varisian history. Perhaps they might know about the sword."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-18, 06:16 AM
Alandra smiles at the elf and is genuinely excited with the information.
“Great! This seems like the logical order: 1) we sell our finds and outfit ourselves, 2) see the Lord Mayor, and 3) visit the Order of Resplendence!”

lostsole31
2024-04-19, 10:01 PM
Does the entire mob of you do all the things one at a time, or do you have the party split up to run down tasks?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-20, 12:11 AM
Alandra wants to keep the group together for now.

lostsole31
2024-04-21, 05:11 AM
Overall, after sales and exchange fees, the party gets 1,067 gp.

Bořivoj recommends seven shares, not six .... one share for each person, and then another share as a "party share" for shared party expenses, since it seems that this group might be working together for a little bit. Does that work for Alandra?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-21, 08:21 AM
Alandra give the burly night an affectionate pat on the cheek if he is sans helm or will blow him a kiss if he is helmed. “Excellent suggestion but who are you including in your count?”

“Does anyone want to do some shopping?!”
Alandra is looking for one replacement durable arrow. Ghost touch arrows if available or vials of holy water. Also flasks of alchemist fire if available.

lostsole31
2024-04-22, 11:25 AM
"The dragonling has proven as capable as any of the rest of us," says Bořivoj, "but the fox is an extension of its owner. You, me, Feiya (but not Daji), Rodrigo, Ranghen and Ziggy each individually (even if that means Ranghen gets to decide what to do with Ziggy's share)."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-22, 12:24 PM
Alandra nods to Bořivoj.
“Indeed! Ziggy has proven to be a most brave and courageous ally! My only concern is that Ziggy has no need of equipment so our available funds to purchase gear are lessened.”

Alandra thinks for a minute before a smile returns to her face.
“What does everyone think of having the “party” share belong to Ziggy. Any permanent items purchased for party use, will be on loan from Ziggy. Any non-physical purchases (for services and the like) that the party makes, we will pool from our own personal resources? How does that sound?”

lostsole31
2024-04-22, 03:55 PM
Ranghen shakes her head. "You don't get to judge who gets how much of a share or why; if she gives it all to charity, that is her right. No, one share for each person, and one share for the group for future combined purchases."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-22, 04:06 PM
“I understand your position. The decision is not mine to make, but the group as a whole. I was merely making a suggestion as to a distribution of resources that seemed to me to be the most advantageous for the party. I mean no insult to Ziggy.”
“What say the rest of you?”

lostsole31
2024-04-24, 11:40 AM
The rest of the group is fine with Brennan's idea about seven shares - one for each primary (yes Ziggy, no Daji) - and a party share.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-24, 11:46 AM
Clearly not happy with not one of the group siding with her but she agrees to the seven way split.

“Does anyone want to do some shopping?!”
Alandra is looking for one replacement durable arrow. Ghost touch arrows if available or vials of holy water. Also flasks of alchemist fire if available.

I, the player, have no issue with giving a share to Ziggy. But from Alandra’s history, I judged this to be how she would respond.

lostsole31
2024-04-25, 02:38 PM
The base share value is 152 gp, with the fraction going to the party share.

Assuming Alandra lets the group know what she's looking to purchase, Bořek (the resident local) will take them to Cove Armory. Distrusted by some in Roderic’s Cove, Lyndwyn Suvasa (female human) runs a small shop that provides weapons and armor to those in need. She gets many of her wares by special order from Riddleport, prompting some people in town to think that she has shady connections to that city. Lyndwyn doesn’t pay the town’s attitude much mind, and is very open with newcomers, warning them of the gossiping nature of Roderic’s Cove.

Alandra can get her single durable arrow for 1 gold here (purchased).

Before the party leaves, Lyndwyn admits that she gets her best pieces from a traveling dwarven weaponsmith who visits at least once a month to sell her new pieces and to spend some quality time with her. She calls over a friend of hers, and doing so two dwarves came forward.

The two dwarves look harried and worried. One is introduced as Galdsbredtha Morgmon (female dwarf), a skilled weaponsmith who always accompanies her shipments, partially out of honor, but mostly because she enjoys the company of Lyndwyn when she visits every few weeks. The other is her personal valet, Fordren Kulsoth (male dwarf). Galdsbredtha tells her story.

A few days ago, four dwarves from the Iron Peaks headed west to Roderic’s Cove to deliver a shipment of armor and weapons to Lyndwyn Suvasa. Their path took them west from the mountains, crossing the Lampblack River at Ravenmoor before skirting the Churlwood to the southern banks of the Chavali River. While they’d had problems a few times before with the bandits known as the Roadkeepers, the dwarves viewed this as merely a form of “road tax” and, as before, simply paid the relatively small fine the bandits demanded. Never before had they had problems with goblins.

Normally strong of nerve, the pair ended up having to abandon their wagon, walking through the night and most of the next day to Roderic’s Cove, after a group of particularly ferocious goblins attacked the camp and made off with their driver and his wife, carrying them off into the woods.

The two are very worried about the abducted dwarves. They approached the town militia for help, and Larenza Thort recognized the description of the goblins (who all wore distinctive lip piercings) as members of the Bramblemouth tribe—a group that has caused minor problems before but has never done anything as brazen as a roadside abduction. Thort sent a group of guards into the Churlwood with orders to confront the goblins, but that was 2 days ago, and the guards have yet to return. With Thort hesitant to send more guards into the woods, the two dwarves grow ever more concerned. They’ve sent a message home asking for help, but know it will be over a week before reinforcements arrive. Increasingly desperate, the pair of dwarves have been trying to enlist the help of anyone who will hear their pleas. A person they met named Kolton has heard their call and promised that he’ll keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

Bořek immediately offers to help, and Rodrigo agrees to help him.

Alandra?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-25, 02:55 PM
Alandra attempts to comfort the worried dwarves.
“We will be happy to help to try and locate and rescue your friends! We are heroes, after all! she announces with a grand flourish of a raised fist.

lostsole31
2024-04-25, 04:42 PM
Which is enough for Ranghen and Ziggy to get excited about that.

Feiya is more circumspect. "We should talk with this Kolton first, shouldn't we?"

Blackhawk101
2024-04-26, 07:21 AM
“Who is this Kolton and how would the have information on Goblin activities?”Alandra asks the gathering.

lostsole31
2024-04-26, 10:41 AM
"Even smaller towns have their unfortunates, transients, and vagabonds," laments Bořek. "Kolton is one such person. He's surprisingly charming, but a destitute wanderer all the same. It makes sense that in getting away from populated areas of town, he would find himself seeing those doing things away from more settled eyes."

Blackhawk101
2024-04-26, 10:54 AM
“He sounds like a good person to visit for information. Let’s stop and see him on our way out to where the caravan was ambushed.”

Alandra turns to the two Dwarves, “Try not to worry. We WILL bring your people back to you!”

To the party she says, “All in agreement?”

lostsole31
2024-04-26, 12:23 PM
The party agrees and heads outside. It actually takes only 1-1/2 hours of asking around before the party finds Kolton, mainly because Kolton was seeking the heroes as well.

"H-hey, guys," says Kolton nervously with a high voice. "I-I hear you have been trying to keep the town safe. So, some dwarves got captured by goblins ... I don't know if you've been to the armory or not, but the survivors of the attack are there. Yeah, I know how easy it can be to get lost in this region. I know better than most that monsters lurk in the Churlwood and prey upon those who travail the Chavali River. Hey, you in town a few weeks ago when there was that big fight and all? Anyway, you gonna help the dwarves?"

Blackhawk101
2024-04-26, 01:03 PM
Alandra smiles at the vagrant tolerantly.“You must be Kolton! We have met the dwarves and agreed to help them recover their abducted comrades!””Dear, Could you lead us to the location where the wagon was attacked since you know that area well?”

lostsole31
2024-04-27, 07:44 PM
Kolton blanches. "Not for love or money will I go back there, but I can tell you where it is," and he tells you how to get there.

Blackhawk101
2024-04-27, 07:50 PM
“Well thank you for your help citizen!” Alandra exclaims.

She suggests to the group that we might get some rations, water and camping supplies just in case we get stuck out in the woods overnight.

lostsole31
2024-04-28, 03:14 PM
Bořek then leads the party to Conrel's General Store, and she gives her own bit of gossip. Since its original owner (a robustly rotund man named Conrel) passed away, Varna Rigsten (female human) has been running the town’s expansive general store. In addition to typical sundries, Varna also supplies animal feed. Recently, she’s become concerned with reports from her teamsters that goblins in the nearby Churlwood have been growing bolder and have been spotted at the edge of the woods, hurling taunts, insults, and the occasional bit of rotten food.

Alandra, what and how much of what do you wish to purchase?

Blackhawk101
2024-04-28, 05:16 PM
Alandra recites her shopping list: “Trail rations 5 days, lantern and oil flask, flint and steel, warm weather-proof cloak or poncho, and bed roll.”
“How does that sound? I am not really much for outdoor activities but I am all in for the cause!”

lostsole31
2024-05-03, 03:48 AM
The shopkeep asks some amplifying information ... "What type of lantern? Basic hooded? Also, I see you have a cloak, do you want a traveling outfit rather than just a peasant dress?"