PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the weirdest characters you've made

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-16, 03:09 AM
Whether it's a strange profession or and odd power. Being from a weird race or having and absurd personality. Whether it be a mechanical gimmik or straight up a bizarre joke character. Now's the time to share.

TheDarkSaint
2023-12-16, 03:23 AM
I made a noble plasmoid bard.

"It" was abandoned when it split off from its parent and then was adopted by a crazy noble woman, Lady Adreen mi Gyunk who mistook it as the spitting image of her long dead son, Slyvester (not exactly the most handsome of boys, but lovable). "It" was adopted and assumed a shape sort of like the lost son and then gained the title when his adopted mother died.

He is now known as Lord Sly mi Gyunk, high Ooze of the Alluvium Vale. He's a personable sort, likes to shake hands and give hugs.

togapika
2023-12-16, 09:47 AM
Sniffler was a shark-person baby.
I used the racials for a small Lizardfolk, and his class was "Paladin," though most of his healing spells consisted of him stuffing some gross tasting plant he found on the ocean floor in your mouth. It did make you feel better, but still....
He was on a quest to find the poachers that had killed his mommy (Were-shark lady) and make her proud.
He was basically a toddler shark thing who used a harpoon as a spear and had a big seashell as his shield

Anonymouswizard
2023-12-16, 10:50 AM
Never got to play him, but:

Years ago [local university] was called out to investigate why a farmer's fields kept catching fire. They quickly ruled out the obvious possibilities (alien invasion, local demonic cult, corporate chemical disposal...). They were suck until one stumbled across the culprit by chance: a local rabbit had mutated the ability to hop at incredible speeds!

With the use of hyper advanced materials and careful planning the scientists managed to capture the animal, but before they could release him into the first of their experimental mazes an animal rights lawyer brought forth a case supported by the Mutant Equality Act's accidental omission of any clause related to species. This with full citizenship and no consent to experimentation the rabbit pottered around government departments for a few months before eventually joining the local superhero time as Sir Hopsalot, the Relativistic Rabbit!

Yes, I've had him fully started as a PL10 M&M character for years. IIRC he moves at either relativistic or outright FTL speeds.

Telok
2023-12-16, 10:10 PM
Halfling werewolf tech-priest illusionist First Reformation Third Orthodox Church of Vectron's Second Manifestation* bishop and Elvis impersonator.

* Fourth-Third Schisim Re-unified Congregation sponsored by Aztechnology

Notafish
2023-12-17, 08:01 PM
I think the silliest concept I've done is a Fighter/Bard/Ranger in 3.5e. An absolute waste of a bard level, only taken to upgrade the character concept from "Cowboy who lost his horse (regaining it at 6th level as an animal companion)" to "singing cowboy who lost his horse".

Weirdest character I've played with was a homebrewed skeleton who played the role of "party conscience and den mother" while also being on a continuing personal quest to augment its body with new and exciting undead limbs.

Halfling werewolf tech-priest illusionist First Reformation Third Orthodox Church of Vectron's Second Manifestation* bishop and Elvis impersonator.

* Fourth-Third Schisim Re-unified Congregation sponsored by Aztechnology
I want to play Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k, and this makes me want to play it more.

KorvinStarmast
2023-12-18, 08:18 AM
A gnome illusionist named after a hallucinatory mushroom. (AD&D 1e). While the campaign was more or less serious, pranking was one of his strong points.

Telok
2023-12-18, 12:41 PM
I want to play Dungeons: the Dragoning 40k, and this makes me want to play it more.

Its fun. The mechanical build for the character isn't anything special. Its the backing in the church of Vectron that does the heavy humor lifting. Great religion for silly titles, weird schisims & sub-cults, and looney saints or doctrines.

MesiDoomstalker
2023-12-18, 07:07 PM
He was a failed mummy. Mainly because the people who did it to him saw the funerary processes of his people, never parsed it was anything besides ceremonial, conducted it on him while still living then realizing they ****ed up, stuffed bio-alchemical replacements into his rip cage after removing most of his organs. Had a connection to his disembodied and pickled organs.

TaiLiu
2023-12-18, 08:17 PM
I played a high schooler who was really into crystals. She had a whip she used for mushroom picking.

gbaji
2023-12-18, 10:53 PM
My friends and I decided to play "Cheesy Champions", and basically come up with the most ridiculous, silly, offensive, non-PC (and I don't mean "player character") characters possible. I mean, if we could come up with a character concept that was just... um... cringe, that was the entire point. It was a heck of a lot of fun, in a "Don't take any of this seriously. No... reallly. Don't" way. And yeah, pretty much nothing was safe from mockery.

At least two characters were based entirely on presence attacks. And not in a good way. IIRC, one was a pro wrestler, with... let's say excessive body hair, not a great physique, yet amazing contortive abilties, and an outfit that no one like that should ever be wearing. Another was basically right out of "I'm gonna get you sucker", complete with fly outfit, and gold fish equipped platform shoes. Yes. Someone went there.

Another character was like a priest with a staff and martial arts badassery (that one was actually pretty tame).

Yet another was a police officer (gone horribly wrong), the less I say about it the better.

I did create a "masterful" group of villians to run in this game. One of them was a tree. Yes, an actual tree. As in, had growth, and extra limbs, but could not actually move while in tree form. Another was a stunningly beautiful woman who believed she was ugly, so she wore a bag on her head all the time. Yet another was a mentalist, in the form of a baby (usually using mind control on some random innocent person to have them push his stoller around). And no, this predates Family Guy by like a decade or two. There was another one who's powers were basically formed around having really bad BO.

I honestly don't remember the rest, but they were all silly, and had absurd powers. But, when dealing with PCs who were equally silly and absurd the whole thing worked. It was really not so much about winning or losing, but about how ridiculously you could fit your character concepts (for what that's worth) into the scene. Which, in turn, lead to absolute hillarity.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-19, 02:29 AM
My friends and I decided to play "Cheesy Champions", and basically come up with the most ridiculous, silly, offensive, non-PC (and I don't mean "player character") characters possible. I mean, if we could come up with a character concept that was just... um... cringe, that was the entire point. It was a heck of a lot of fun, in a "Don't take any of this seriously. No... reallly. Don't" way. And yeah, pretty much nothing was safe from mockery.

At least two characters were based entirely on presence attacks. And not in a good way. IIRC, one was a pro wrestler, with... let's say excessive body hair, not a great physique, yet amazing contortive abilties, and an outfit that no one like that should ever be wearing. Another was basically right out of "I'm gonna get you sucker", complete with fly outfit, and gold fish equipped platform shoes. Yes. Someone went there.

Another character was like a priest with a staff and martial arts badassery (that one was actually pretty tame).

Yet another was a police officer (gone horribly wrong), the less I say about it the better.

I did create a "masterful" group of villians to run in this game. One of them was a tree. Yes, an actual tree. As in, had growth, and extra limbs, but could not actually move while in tree form. Another was a stunningly beautiful woman who believed she was ugly, so she wore a bag on her head all the time. Yet another was a mentalist, in the form of a baby (usually using mind control on some random innocent person to have them push his stoller around). And no, this predates Family Guy by like a decade or two. There was another one who's powers were basically formed around having really bad BO.

I honestly don't remember the rest, but they were all silly, and had absurd powers. But, when dealing with PCs who were equally silly and absurd the whole thing worked. It was really not so much about winning or losing, but about how ridiculously you could fit your character concepts (for what that's worth) into the scene. Which, in turn, lead to absolute hillarity.

Damn. This wins the thread so far.

Cactus
2023-12-19, 07:11 AM
A gnome illusionist named after a hallucinatory mushroom. (AD&D 1e). While the campaign was more or less serious, pranking was one of his strong points.

Are we related?! I had a WFRP 1e gnome pharmacist/physician called Agaric Fleisch. He had been run out of town after an alleged poisoning and his crowning glory was costing another PC a fate point when he tried to treat their crossbow injury.

Metastachydium
2023-12-19, 02:33 PM
Does French-Canadian sociology student on a quest for enlightened spontaneity through buying gardening implements count?

Ionathus
2023-12-20, 11:18 AM
My friend and I were guest PCs for 3ish sessions in a 5e campaign, and we made a Grave Cleric (friend) and her Zealot Barbarian bodyguard (me) who were very pale, weird creeps. Amicable, but slightly unnerving.

Whenever the Cleric wanted to get direct guidance from their god, she would kill my Zealot and then Revivify her 54 seconds later, during which time my Zealot would have had a 54-second conversation with the deity and passed along any questions from her boss.

It's a cheaper spell slot than Commune and there's no Yes/No limitation on the answers! :smalltongue: Because we were guest characters and had the DM's blessing, it didn't really break anything in the world or give us too much info, and made for a really fun story hook to send the party where the DM wanted them to go.

I can't claim credit for this (we found the idea online) but it was still a blast. Maybe my favorite moment as a guest PC was when the party as a whole was stumped on what to do, and I turned to my friend and slowly, nonchalantly said "perhaps you should Send Me Down The River." And then watching the party's shock and horror at what that euphemism fully means :smallbiggrin:

NichG
2023-12-20, 11:25 AM
I once played a parsley gin and tonic who was ennobled with the domain of Bad Ideas in Nobilis...

Kurald Galain
2023-12-20, 11:28 AM
I made a sapient bird whose main power was ludicrous speed, which he would not use for anything practical but mostly for pranking the party. Like, fly to the finish line of a race at top speed, then don't cross it but fly back to the beginning and try and make the slowest person win, that kind of stuff.

His name, predictably, was Flip.

Anonymouswizard
2023-12-20, 12:44 PM
I once played a parsley gin and tonic who was ennobled with the domain of Bad Ideas in Nobilis...

I think that one is legitimately funny enough that I wouldn't banhammer the domain. Partially so if I can convince them to run it I can get them to okay the Count of Numbers and start practicing my Sesame Street impressions...

King of Nowhere
2023-12-21, 03:54 AM
Firem had his family killed by an evil wizard when he was a child. He reacted to the trauma by trying hard to toughen himself up. He also heard that misery builds character. Therefore, he adopts the most outlandish training techniques. He wears clothes made of sandpaper - which he also uses in place of toilet paper. He sleeps on rough stones - sometimes, when he finds a particularly sharp one, he places it in his pack to use for his "bed". He pees against the wind and tries to dodge. He walks naked and blindfolded in a swamp and tries to swat mosquitoes by hearing. When he got self-healing ability, he started going more hardcore; at some point he hired two people to sow caltrops in front of his feet while he walks. He punches stones.
Firem rejoices at any chance to put himself in danger, because what does not kill him makes him stronger. And because he feels a deep-seated insecurity that feels better whenever he survives against the odds. Imagine somebody who gets robbed, feels insecure, and reacts by going to the gym, studying a dozen self-defence techniques, then goes around a bad neighborhood hoping that he will be assaulted again, to prove himself he's no longer defenceless. With a bit of adrenaline junkie and a touch of vigilante thrown in the mix.
He is built to tank, with impressive defences all around, which let him survive those stunts (well, most of the times; he did end up needing resurrection a couple times). He also likes to be poisoned.
He "detects" traps by running around and triggering them. He "investigates" by walking around town with a big sign stating "to all [bbeg] lackeys; firem is here, alone. Come get me!" And waiting for something to happen.

Jay R
2023-12-21, 12:44 PM
1. In original Traveler, you rolled for your race. I wound up with a two-foot-tall amoeboid, whom I promptly named, “Ooze the Avenger”.

2. I created a D&D character using TOON rules – Ragnar Rabbit, the Hanna-Barbarian. If he tried to do something impossible, he would roll on his Smarts. If he failed the roll, he successfully did the impossible thing.

3. In a game set in the old West. I told the group that I was planning to pattern my character after a western hero from a TV show. So I showed up with Cali Yang, a Chinese martial artist obviously based on Kwai-Chang Cain in Kung Fu. But he wasn't. In the fourth session, he needed to take off his disguise, and revealed that he was really Cal Young, a disguise-artist federal agent based on Artemus Gordon of The Wild, Wild West.

4. In a game of original D&D, we rolled 3d6 for each stat, rolled in order. I don't remember all the stats, but:

STR: 3
DEX: 16
WIS: 4
CHA: fairly high
I was about to dump him when the DM said, "That's a 9-year-old kid!"

Always go with the idea that sings to the DM. David became a very successful 9-year-old Thief.

One of his great moments was going up to the guard at the gate sniffling and saying, “I’m lost, and I’m cold, and I’m hungry, and I can’t find my father, and …” When the guard turned to get him some food, David used his sneak attack.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-21, 01:00 PM
1. In original Traveler, you rolled for your race. I wound up with a two-foot-tall amoeboid, whom I promptly named, “Ooze the Avenger”.

2. I created a D&D character using TOON rules – Ragnar Rabbit, the Hanna-Barbarian. If he tried to do something impossible, he would roll on his Smarts. If he failed the roll, he successfully did the impossible thing.

3. In a game set in the old West. I told the group that I was planning to pattern my character after a western hero from a TV show. So I showed up with Cali Yang, a Chinese martial artist obviously based on Kwai-Chang Cain in Kung Fu. But he wasn't. In the fourth session, he needed to take off his disguise, and revealed that he was really Cal Young, a disguise-artist federal agent based on Artemus Gordon of The Wild, Wild West.

4. In a game of original D&D, we rolled 3d6 for each stat, rolled in order. I don't remember all the stats, but:

STR: 3
DEX: 16
WIS: 4
CHA: fairly high
I was about to dump him when the DM said, "That's a 9-year-old kid!"

Always go with the idea that sings to the DM. David became a very successful 9-year-old Thief.

One of his great moments was going up to the guard at the gate sniffling and saying, “I’m lost, and I’m cold, and I’m hungry, and I can’t find my father, and …” When the guard turned to get him some food, David used his sneak attack.
Those are some great characters. I'm jealous especially 2 and 4. Just because he's a kid. Does not mean he isn't a murder hobo.

Grod_The_Giant
2023-12-21, 02:01 PM
Mutants and Masterminds is always great for this. Two particular standouts (from one-shots) were the superintelligence velociraptor with super-speed, robot arms, and a flamethrower, and the mad scientists with a Hoberman sphere (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoberman_sphere) made of moray eels.

Maat Mons
2023-12-21, 04:56 PM
Jay the Fey. He was a fairy that piloted what to him was a giant robot. The robot was average human size.

Bohandas
2023-12-22, 12:34 AM
Two different characters, bith of which have stats but neitehr of which have been used in-game

Firstly, the protagonists from Aqua Teen Hunger Force reimagined as D&D characters
A blonde haired warlock wearing a bright red cloak and carrying an ornate mug, and followed by a brownish aerobics ball that moves of its own accord, run into the PCs while being chased by some angry people.

These are Warlock, Gorn Lord, and Mimic, a team of out-of-work adventurers of disreputable character. And is up to the PCs whether they want to intervene in the altercation on either end.

These are Warlock, Gorn Lord, and Mimic are petty criminals who make their livings commiting middling crimes or abusively half-assing some odd job or another; whether selling magic items of dubious quality, ransacking and looting, creating magic items no-questions-asked, blackmailing more villainous ne’erdowells, abandoning the person who’s hired them as bodyguards, framing a random patsy when they tire of an investigation, or simply working at a local tavern and stealing from the till.

“Warlock”
https://artbreeder.b-cdn.net/imgs/4ade53ca6423236ad59995b5cf15.jpeg
HP 46 (13d6); Fiendish resiliance; DR 3/cold iron
Male Human Expert 1/Warlock 12
LE(LN) Meduim Humanoid (Human)
Init +0; Senses: Detect Magic; Listen +1, Spot +7
Languages: Comprehend Languages (written only); Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Infernal, Gnome
Resist: Fire 5, ????? 5
Fort +4 (0+4+0) Ref +4 (0+4+0) Wis +11 (2+8+1)
Speed: 30 feet, Fly 30 feet (good)
Ranged: Eldritch Hammer blast +9 (6d6)
Ranged: Brimstone blast +9 (6d6 fire plus ignition)
Base atk: +9
SA: Eldritch Blast, Invocations
SQ: Damage Reduction 3/cold iron, Detect Magic, Fiendish Resiliance, Imbue Item
Invocations:
Least- All-seeing Eyes, Beguiling Influence, Hammer Blast, Otherworldly Whispers
Lesser- Brimstone blast(?), Fell Flight
Greater- Dark Hand (See below)
Abilities: Str 11 Dex 11 Con 11 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
Feats: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Investigator, Jack of All Trades (CAdv), Magical Aptitude, Master of Knowledge (HoH)
Skills: Bluff +6 (6inv), Concentrate +2 (2sk), Craft (Alchemy) +20 (16skill+4int), Craft (blacksmithing) +17 (13sk+4int), Craft (Weaponsmithing) +16 (12sk+4int), Diplomacy +8 (6inv+2syn), Gather Information +2 (2feat), Heal +5 (4sk+1wis), Intimidate +7 (1sk+6inv), Knowledge (Arcana) +27 (16skill+4int+1feat+6inv), Knowledge (architecture) +5 (4int+1feat), Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +10 (5sk+4int+1feat), Knowledge (gepgraphy) +5 (4int+1feat), Knowledge (history) +5 (4int+1feat), Knowledge (local) +5 (4int+1feat), Knowledge (nature) +5 (4int+1feat), Knowledge (nobility) +5 (4int+1feat), Knowledge (religion) +27 (16sk+4int+1feat+6inv), Knowledge (The Planes) +17 (6sk+4int+1feat+6inv), Search +16 (4sk+4int+2feat+6inv), Sense Motive +17 (+16sk+1wis), Spellcraft +24 (+16sk+4int+2feat+2syn) +26 with scrolls (+16sk+4int+2feat+4syn), spot +7 (1wis+6inv), Survival +1 (1wis) +3 on other planes or underground (1wis+2syn), Use Magic Device +18 (16sk+2feat) +20 with scrolls (16sk+2feat+2syn)

Eldritch Blast (Sp): The first ability a warlock learns is eldritch blast. A warlock attacks his foes with eldritch power, using baleful magical energy to deal damage and sometimes impart other debilitating effects.
An eldritch blast is a ray with a range of 60 feet. It is a ranged touch attack that affects a single target, allowing no saving throw. An eldritch blast deals 1d6 points of damage at 1st level and increases in power as the warlock rises in level. An eldritch blast is the equivalent of a spell whose level is equal to one-half the warlock’s class level (round down), with a minimum spell level of 1st and a maximum of 9th when a warlock reaches 18th level or higher
An eldritch blast is subject to spell resistance, although the Spell Penetration feat and other effects that improve caster level checks to overcome spell resistance also apply to eldritch blast. An eldritch blast deals half damage to objects. Metamagic feats cannot improve a warlock’s eldritch blast (because it is a spell-like ability, not a spell). However, the feat Ability Focus (eldritch blast) increases the DC for all saving throws (if any) associated with a warlock’s eldritch blast by 2. See page 303 of the Monster Manual.

Detect Magic (Sp): A warlock can use detect magic as the spell at will. His caster level equals his class level (12)
Damage Reduction (Su): Fortifed by the supernatural power fowing in his body, a warlock becomes resistant to physical attacks, gaining damage reduction 3/cold iron.

Deceive Item (Ex): A warlock has the ability to more easily commandeer magic items made for the use of other characters. When making a Use Magic Device check, a warlock can take 10 even if distracted or threatened.

Fiendish Resilience (Su): A warlock knows the trick of fendish resilience. Once per day, as a free action, he can enter a state that lasts for 2 minutes. While in this state, the warlock gains fast healing 1.

Imbue Item (Su): A warlock can use his supernatural power to create magic items, even if he does not know the spells required to make an item (although he must know the appropriate item creation feat). He can substitute a Use Magic Device check (DC 15 + spell level for arcane spells or 25 + spell level for divine spells) in place of a required spell he doesn’t know or can’t cast.
If the check succeeds, the warlock can create the item as if he had cast the required spell. If it fails, he cannot complete the item. He does not expend the XP or gp costs for making the item; his progress is simply arrested. He cannot retry this Use Magic Device check for that spell until he gains a new level.

Dark Hand
Greater Invocation
The warlock may use Telekinesis as the spell. Additionally they may make a free attempt to telekinetically grapple any creature they hit with eldritch blast

The other two members of the group refer to the warlock simply as “Warlock”. It is unknown if he really has no name or the others are simply too stupid to remember it. A scholar of all fields of study, Warlock is the brains of the group and its de facto leader. He also is *usually* the conscience of the group (relatively speaking), except for when he is plotting the murder of a romantic rival or building an unsavory magic item for an even more unsavory client; he tries to steer the group towards legitimate adventuring and/or employment rather than outright stealing, extortion, and fraud.

“Mimic”

“Mimic”; Mimic Warshaper 1; Large Aberration (Shapechanger)HD 7d8+1d8+56; HP 92; Init +1; Speed 10ft; AC 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 15; Atk +9 melee (1d8+4, 2 slams); SA adhesive, crush, morphic weapons; SQ Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to acid, mimic shape, morphic immunities; AL CN; SV Fort +11 (+2HD+7con+2class), Ref +5(+2hd+1dex+2feat), Will +2 (+5HD-3wis); Str 19 Dex 12 Con 24 Int 8 Wis 5 Cha 10
Skills and Feats: Climb +6 (2sk+4str), Disguise +10 (2sk+0cha+8rac), Escape Artist +2 (1sk+1dex), Listen +4 (3sk-3wis+2feat), Spot +2 (3sk-3wis+2feat); Alertness, Lightning Reflexes, Weapon Focus (slam)

Special Attacks:
Adhesive (Ex): A mimic exudes a thick slime that acts as a powerful adhesive, holding fast any creatures or items that touch it. An adhesive-covered mimic automatically grapples any creature it hits with its slam attack. Opponents so grappled cannot get free while the mimic is alive without removing the adhesive first.
A weapon that strikes an adhesive-coated mimic is stuck fast unless the wielder succeeds on a DC 16 Reflex save. A successful DC 16 Strength check is needed to pry it off.
Strong alcohol dissolves the adhesive, but the mimic still can grapple normally. A mimic can dissolve its adhesive at will, and the substance breaks down 5 rounds after the creature dies.

Crush (Ex): A mimic deals 1d8+4 points of damage with a successful grapple check.

Morphic Weapons (Su): As a move action, a warshaper can grow natural weapons such as claws or fangs, allowing a natural attack that deals the appropriate amount of damage according to the size of the new form. These morphic weapons need not be natural weapons that the creature already posesses, for example, a warshaper polymorphed into an ettin (Large giant) could grow a claw that deals 1d6 points of damage, or horns for a gore attack that deals 1d8 points of damage.

If the warshaper’s form already has a natural weapon of that type, the weapon deals damage as if it were one category larger. For example, a warshaper who used wild shape to become a dire wolf (Large animal) could grow its jaw and snout, enabling a bite attack that deals 2d6 points of damage (as a for Huge animal), not the normal 1d8. A warshaper can change morphic weapons as often as it likes, even if it is using a shapechanging technique such as the polymorph spell or the wild shape class feature that doesn’t allow subsequent changes after the initial transformation.

Special Qualities:
Mimic Shape (Ex): A mimic can assume the general shape of any object that fills roughly 150 cubic feet (5 feet by 5 feet by 6 feet), such as a massive chest, a stout bed, or a wide door frame. The creature cannot substantially alter its size, though. A mimic’s body is hard and has a rough texture, no matter what appearance it might present. Anyone who examines the mimic can detect the ruse with a successful Spot check opposed by the mimic’s Disguise check. Of course, by this time it is generally far too late.

Morphic Immunities (Ex): A warshaper is adept at distributing her form’s vital organs around her body to keep them safe from harm. Warshapers are immune to stunning and critical hits.

“Mimic” is an unusually dumb mimic prone to taking on non-apropos disguises or accidentally disguising himself as the wrong thing. The Gorn Lord is fond of tricking him into turning into offensive shapes that enrage onlookers and even more fond of tricking him into doing the dirty work for its half-baked schemes. When out adventuring he has the useful quality of being able to get the others into hard to reach places

“The Gorn Lord”
The Gorn Lord; CE Intelligent Everfull Mug (Magic Item Compendium pg.160; A mug that can fill itself with cheap booze 3/day; base price 200gp); Int 9, Wis 6, Cha 7; Speaks Common; Sight 120 ft and hearing; 10 ranks in Bluff, 10 ranks in Profession(Cook);

Moderate Conjuration; CL 15th; Craft Wondrous Item, Create Water;11700 gp

The Gorn Lord is a magical white stoneware tankard with a carved face and an elaborately wrought golden lid. The tankard is intelligent but has a reprehensible personality, and left to its own devices it will swindle people, verbally abuse people, make inappropriate advances towards women (despite not being anatomically correct), and attempt to trick people into injuring themselves. Its only useful trait, other than its ability to generate cheap alcohol, is its inexplicably extensive knowledge of cooking.

Secondly, Dr.Juvenile, a supervillain specializing in childish pranks. Statted up as a character for Toon

Dr.Juvenile
A disgruntled former military R&D scientist who was fired after his attempts to weaponize the brown note were deemed frivilous and crass. Embittered, he now terrorizes the world with bizarre, childish, impractical, and life threatening pranks, such as replacing all the oxygen tanks in the hospital with farts, using a giant laser to etch a rude drawing on the moon, stealing all the toilet paper in the city, releasing a swarm of brazilian wandering spiders (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22750220/) into a crowded public area, putting exlax in the water supply, etc.

Muscle 1

Break Door Down 1
Climb 2
Fight 1
Pick up heavy things 1
Throw 4

Zip 3

Dodge 4
Drive Vehicle 6
Fire Gun 7
Jump 3
Ride 3
Run 3
Swim 3

Smarts 6

Hide/Spot 9
ID Dangerous 6
Read 7
Resist Fast Talk 6
See/Hear/Smell 6
Traps/Tinkering 10
Track/Cover Tracks 6

Chutzpah 4

Fast Talk 5
Shoddy Goods 8
Sleight of Hand 4
Sneak 6

Shticks

Chemistry (New Shticks Web Enhancement) 9
Weird Science (TTG) 7
Disguise 5

Back Pocket:
Stink bombs
Airhorn tuned to the brown note

Metastachydium
2023-12-22, 11:22 AM
Oh, and there was the omnicidal, blood-drinking chicken with delusions of grandeur, but no indoor voice. But that one was a chickens-only game, so how weird that really is might be debatable.

TeChameleon
2023-12-22, 03:31 PM
I've had a few...

* Shadowrun 4e- Horowitz, the Yiddish Troll Ninja (Physad). He played fairly normally, but the mental image of an 8-foot troll materializing silently out of the shadows and then addressing his target with a heavy Yiddish accent always made me chuckle a little.

* 4e D&D- Paik, Albino Dragonborn Assassin. Wasn't sure how to pronounce his own name, occasionally slipped into rhyming speech, creative to a disturbing degree, creeped the living daylights out of the other players (and their characters too, I guess).

* 4e D&D- Big Jan, Pixie Grappler. Basically Tinkerbell from the tavern scene in Hook. All of 6 inches tall, and, courtesy of RAW, able to hurl a grown man across the room, then slam him through a brick wall. Fight-happy and fun to play.

* 4e/5e D&D- Gavin Fireborne, Human Pyromancer Wizard. Probably my single longest-played character, started off as a borderline-stereotype, and proceeded to get weirder and weirder over the decade-plus of playing him. Initially pretty much a bog-standard intelligent, short-tempered pyromaniacal wizard whose only standout trait was having some noble-blooded family issues. As time went on, and my antics amused the DM, he ended up in both the usual PC nonsense... to his ongoing annoyance... (lynchpin of an international generations-long conspiracy/prophecy, heir to the throne of a major empire [NOPE!-ed right out of that one]) to... odder... things, like accidentally creating the chain restaurant, ending up as a messianic figure very much against his will, erasing the party from history in an attempt at stealth, giving the party airship sentience (and eventually helping it reach apotheosis), creating multiple ridiculous superweapons, and eventually semi-retiring to the past to inadvertently become his own (great x whatever) grampaw.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-22, 03:35 PM
I've had a few...

* Shadowrun 4e- Horowitz, the Yiddish Troll Ninja (Physad). He played fairly normally, but the mental image of an 8-foot troll materializing silently out of the shadows and then addressing his target with a heavy Yiddish accent always made me chuckle a little.

* 4e D&D- Paik, Albino Dragonborn Assassin. Wasn't sure how to pronounce his own name, occasionally slipped into rhyming speech, creative to a disturbing degree, creeped the living daylights out of the other players (and their characters too, I guess).

* 4e D&D- Big Jan, Pixie Grappler. Basically Tinkerbell from the tavern scene in Hook. All of 6 inches tall, and, courtesy of RAW, able to hurl a grown man across the room, then slam him through a brick wall. Fight-happy and fun to play.

* 4e/5e D&D- Gavin Fireborne, Human Pyromancer Wizard. Probably my single longest-played character, started off as a borderline-stereotype, and proceeded to get weirder and weirder over the decade-plus of playing him. Initially pretty much a bog-standard intelligent, short-tempered pyromaniacal wizard whose only standout trait was having some noble-blooded family issues. As time went on, and my antics amused the DM, he ended up in both the usual PC nonsense... to his ongoing annoyance... (lynchpin of an international generations-long conspiracy/prophecy, heir to the throne of a major empire [NOPE!-ed right out of that one]) to... odder... things, like accidentally creating the chain restaurant, ending up as a messianic figure very much against his will, erasing the party from history in an attempt at stealth, giving the party airship sentience (and eventually helping it reach apotheosis), creating multiple ridiculous superweapons, and eventually semi-retiring to the past to inadvertently become his own (great x whatever) grampaw.

Jealous Jealous Jealous Jealous Jealous! Awesome times you must of had.

Metastachydium
2023-12-23, 11:30 AM
erasing the party from history in an attempt at stealth

Well, that one, at least, does sound like a critical success!

Curse
2024-01-03, 06:03 AM
Tiefling who died in a cataclysmic event but refused to go. Stayed in her city for more than 1.500 years, watching as it crumbled. Finally found a way out by slipping into the dying body of a fighter as the rest of the adventurer party was wiped out by the dangers within the city dungeon.
3.5e LE Hexblade / Cleric of Gargauth / Master of Souls (basically a necromancer focused on ghosts).
Joined a group of adventurers and started travelling Faerun, trying to raise funds for an archaeological expedition to raise the city.
Partnered with a CE air gennasi sorcerer and through a magic item they share a near permanent telepathic bond as long as they are within 30 meters (~100 ft) - imagine how much fun it is to play one character who is influenced by the thoughts of the other all the time and vice versa. 🤩
At some point the group decided without my knowledge to marry my character to his girl. This was shortly after they found out that he/she is actually a ghost. What happened was this: my character came to the house when he was grabbed by the monk and shoved to an altar where our Torm cleric was waiting in full gear, candles burning all around him and requiem music (!) in the background. The others were standing around in formal apparrel and the wife-to-be was lead to the scene with closed eyes.
Picture this scene and imagine anything but the impression, that the group wanted to perform an exorcism on my character. He was struggling in panic, trying desperately to get out until finally someone told him they wanted to perform a marriage instead 😂

Amidus Drexel
2024-01-03, 09:38 AM
A warforged warlock, whose character idea began with "Megaman, but in D&D!", and ended up more at "mobile wand platform with terrible judgement". He was the only source of healing in a party full of weird generalist characters. That game was awesome.

solidork
2024-01-03, 09:53 AM
Magical punk who had the soul of a fairy tale wolf sealed inside him.

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-03, 10:11 AM
A warforged warlock, whose character idea began with "Megaman, but in D&D!", and ended up more at "mobile wand platform with terrible judgement". He was the only source of healing in a party full of weird generalist characters. That game was awesome.
What were the other characters

Magical punk who had the soul of a fairy tale wolf sealed inside him.
Which game was this? Changling or beast? Or something else.

Amidus Drexel
2024-01-03, 11:29 AM
What were the other characters

Checking the actual thread where the game took place, we had: a human incarnate, a changeling binder with a level of rogue tossed in, a human unarmed swordsage, my warforged warlock, a kitsune factotum, and a human duskblade.

Several of the characters had died and returned to life at some point prior to the campaign, which had some social implications in the setting. We were a real rag-tag band of misfits. :smallbiggrin:

Easy e
2024-01-04, 04:03 PM
Not too bizarre of a character, but I played a mute scribe in a Dark Heresy game.

That doesn't sound to bizarre, BUT it was really challenging to be the information character that could not talk to the other players.

thorr-kan
2024-01-04, 04:13 PM
First 5E campaign I played in (Waterdeep Heist), I played an orphan tiefling devotion paladin with a half-orc and half-elf as adopted parents. They owned an inn, and I had the guild member background. Not that weird, but in his background he roomed with a prince of the realm at paladin school. The shenanigans I imagined and the life-long bond between roommates informed a lot of this PC.

What was weird was the rest of the party (all our first 5E PCs):
tielfing fey warlock
tielfing assassin rogue
dragonborn vengeance paladin
gnome ancients paladin

We were a hoot.

Leon
2024-01-04, 10:22 PM
A Winged Blue Wizard, later changed it to work on the Raptoran rules for having wings rather than the Template as having a +4 LA was going to leave the character on 4 health for a long time. She spent most of her time in the guise of a halfling in a long cloak when outside of the circus she was a member of ~ early on killed a skeleton with a diving charge down a flight of stairs using a chair as a weapon