PDA

View Full Version : Filled [Closed] Crown of the KOBOLD KING! [Pathfinder 2nd Edition]

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-18, 11:36 PM
https://i.ibb.co/ZJ8zqJt/Kobold-1.png

One of the first Pathfinder adventures returns in an expanded format! The town of Falcon's Hollow is in peril as Kobold King Merlokrep, first of his name, is ready to expand his domain! A classic adventure awaits, ready to bring a new brand of heroes from 1st to 6th level!

https://i.ibb.co/C1kBss2/Kobold-2.png

“Only the Desperate and the Brave.” So reads the proud motto of the town of Falcon’s Hollow, for here on the fringes of Andoran, in the shadow of the looming volcano known as Droskar’s Crag, the dim, mist-laden forests are prowled by feral beasts, ravenous monsters, and the restless souls of the dead. Once, a great dwarven kingdom brought safety and stability to the region, but that all ended with the wakening of Droskar’s Crag during the apocalypse known today as the Rending. For too long did sibilant whispers ride the vale winds after nightfall in the aftermath of this disaster, and during those desperate years, evil took root in the hidden places deep below. Today, the land has recovered from the volcanic eruption, and as is humanity’s wont, settlers have returned to the region. “Only the Desperate and the Brave” came to build Falcon’s Hollow, and time has appeared to reward that desperation and bravery, for now their home feels relatively safe and secure.

This is all a lie, for what awaits the people of Falcon’s Hollow deep below might well be doom adorned with a bloodstained crown."

https://i.ibb.co/gF470VH/Kobold-3.png

After character creation, please select one of the following hooks to lure your character into the Darkmoon Vale and the adventure. Upon completion of your selected quest, you will earn 120 XP for the accomplishment.

A MISSING PERSON
A local hunter named Barlus Chortun has gone missing, and
a worried priest asks the PCs to investigate and track the
missing hunter down.
Personal Hook Barlus is a friend, family member, or
associate of the PC in question.

AN ELUSIVE ANTIDOTE
As the season turns and hints of a yearly recurrence of
illness rise, the PCs are asked to gather important
ingredients from Darkmoon Vale to help bolster the
townsfolks' health.
Personal Hook A friend, family member, or associate of
the PC in question has symptoms that require medicine
made from these ingredients.

THE DARKMOON BEAST
Loggers have grown timid and nervous about working in the
Vale after rumors of an unusually intelligent wolf circulate;
the PCs are hired to track the wolf down and deal with it.
Personal Hook A friend, family member, or associate of the
PC in question was attacked by the wolf.

FOLLOWING FOOTSTEPS
Several years back, a dwarven adventurer went missing in
Droskar’s Crucible, and the PCs have been asked to follow
in his footsteps to determine his fate. If he’s still alive,
rescue him—if he isn’t, find out what happened to him.
Personal Hook The missing adventurer is a relation, family
friend, or childhood hero of the PC in question.

The adventure features many enemy Kobolds, so players who wish to play a Kobold might think about this option to ease their characters into RP situations:

FRIENDLY DARKMOON KOBOLD BACKGROUND
RARE
It has taken time, but over the years, you’ve managed to
find a place among the citizens of Falcon’s Hollow. While
many still distrust kobolds, they at least see you as a fellow
villager, if not a friend, and you’ve got quite the talent for
quickly convincing larger groups of people that you mean
them no harm.

Choose any two ability boosts. One must be to Wisdom
or Charisma, and one is a free ability boost.

You’re trained in the Diplomacy skill and Kobold Lore
skill. You gain the Group Impression skill feat.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?Pathfinder 2E

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Crown of the KOBOLD KING! Adventure set in the world of Golarion

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? OOTS/GiantITP Forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 1st level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Standard 15gp

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? None

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? Any common or uncommon ancestries. If you choose Kobold, please look into the Friendly Darkmoon Kobold Background listed above.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Standard

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Please make a "team player" character and please no Evil.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? As per the rules

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Players roll their own rolls, other than Secret Checks, I roll NPCs

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.: By the book and basic. This will be my first time DMing PF2 since 2021, so let's go very easy/simple.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? Use the general Backgrounds.

For Backstories, keep it short. Skirt length.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? This AP is mostly RP and Combat.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? These are the books I own. Anything from these is fine. I am really only familiar with the player stuff from the Core Rulebook but I am sure anything Paizo has put out is fine. Please don't make super powerful/optimized Pun-Pun characters. Go easy on me. :)

- Lost Omens - Ancestry Guide
- Lost Omens - Character Guide
- Lost Omens - Legends
- Lost Omens - Monsters of Myth
- Lost Omens - World Guide
- Advanced Player's Guide
- Core Rulebook
- Bestiaries 1, 2 & 3
- Secrets of Magic

Captain Cap
2023-12-19, 05:40 AM
Sounds interesting, although I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to apply for this.

Anyway, wanted to chime in the player resources subject: from what I understand, this site (https://2e.aonprd.com) has the official permission of Paizo to store and update pretty much everything that's official, so keeping track of other player options should be easy enough.

Triskavanski
2023-12-19, 10:14 AM
Well I've got two kobolds currently..

Paronomasia - Super Villain Kobold - but isn't actually evil. A Bard, who gets typecast a lot. Revels in the whole super villain personality. Cause people fools a lot. "Fool! You shall stop dying or I will throw you into the dungeons!" *Casts cure light wounds.

Smoke - Kobold Sniper - uses a ranged weapon to shoot at a distance. One shot, one kill kinda focus. The background though doesn't really match her that well. She's more quiet and reserved, a total opposite of Paronomasia.

Otherwise I think I'd use my ratfolk.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-19, 10:22 AM
I'll preface by saying I'll create a character for this but if your Candela Obscura game gets enough interest I'll withdraw from this one since I wouldn't want to take up a slot in both.

With that in mind I'll go for something simple and straightforward. A Dwarven Fighter with a dwarven waraxe, and her hook will be that the missing dwarven adventurer is her father. She came home to see him after striking out on her own for a while, eager to show him how she had grown, unaware he had gone missing at all. I would imagine she's not too happy he has been missing for years and nobody told her.

https://i.ibb.co/wpmNs6z/ixbiydw1urr71-2.jpg
Hulmund "Hully" Cliffbreaker (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863523)
Dwarven Fighter 1
AC: 16 | HP: 23/23
Fortitude: +8 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +5 | Perception: +7
Hero Points: 1/1
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None

Ricka Draws
2023-12-19, 09:37 PM
Intersted, played a cleric in my last game and felt very underwhelming, perhaps going Melee wasn't the best idea

How about a Magus? Magic and a big weapon= win

Edit: a Magus already submitted, back to the drawing board then

Zero Prime
2023-12-19, 09:41 PM
If you want to try Magus, I could build something else, Aerendyl is going Starlight Span ... heh ...

Ricka Draws
2023-12-19, 11:44 PM
Alright then, nothing Fancy this Time, a straight inexorable iron Magus Will be

onlie2005
2023-12-20, 12:27 AM
I want to play a wizard! Well anyways may I try this character? I know she is a child but I love roleplaying and character devopment. Whatever penalties and limitations you impose on her I will of course accept but I would like to play her as is. The background explains everything.

Character Concept: Over the past few months, there have been rumors of a small child travelling alone from town to town having a very major effect on those she encounter. This child has become a sort of enigma, a rather curious person to a lot of people. For she is known to cast spells efficiently like a regular wizard. And on occasion this has led to lethal consequences. Although this has not been the main concern regarding her. Because wherever she goes, she has genuinely done tremendous good and is known for her charity and compassion. She only harms people in self defense or in the defense of others. And she has often offer her services in the healing arts, though still limited, and is often responsible for saving a few lives from sickness and disease. The 11 year old human girl is fast gaining a reputation of being an angel of mercy and a champion of the poor and downtrodden. And now the authorities are starting to take notice. Several churches are now sending out adventurers to seek out this mysterious child and bring her to safety since on a few encounters with her she has stated that she is an orphan. They want to make sure she is fine and probably find her a more stable home and possibly a mentor to help develop and monitor her spellcasting abilities and provide guidance.

Name: Jessica Darkwood (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863712)
Race: Human
Hair: Golden Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 4'1"
Weight: 60 lbs
Class: Evoker
Alignment: Neutral Good

Description: Jessica tends to dress in plain clothing and is tomboyish in style and dress. She hates dresses and fluffy clothing. She is also very observant and has a keen eye. Very self sufficient and independent. Seems well travelled and despite her cuteness and smallness is by no means an easy target in the wilderness or city.

Jessica stands 4 feet 1 inch tall and has long, wavy, auburn hair and sparkling blue eyes that light up her presence whenever she smiles or laughs. She is fairskinned and is around 11-12 years of age. Her attire consists of a light blue shirt, brown pants, a hooded green cloak which partially conceals a backpack and a pair of black boots. There is a sheathed dagger on her belt.

Personality: Jessica is a brave and courageous child with a stubborn and convictive streak. She is kindhearted and generous. The girl is constantly on the move and is very independent by nature, getting things done on the button and is self sufficient. She fights for the good of others, especially for the poor and downtrodden.

She does tend to be a loner though and a bit of a 'lone wolf'. Very emotional and stubborn.

Motivations: Jessica is a do gooder. A genuinely nice and charitable person who is a champion of the oppressed and dowtrodden. It is just the way she is. Partly because of her father, partly because she is an empathic and very caring person. It is her duty to do as much good in the world as possible. Of course short term goals are basically survival and day to day living. But she is not a hoarder. She understands that she needs to take care of herself before she can take care of others. But attainment of coin is not an issue for her unless she truly needs it. Like any wizard, becoming better as a spellcaster and gaining more knowledge is always on her mind. She loves books and knowledge as much as she loves adventure and travel. However she does tend to prefer travel and adventure as opposed to being stuck in a library all day. She does not mind doing research, just not holed up in a stuffy library all day under a pile of books.

Background

Johan Darkwood and Marie Swordheart were both adventuring wizards who had fallen in love but could not sum up the courage to tie the knot. But then Marie became pregnant. So they settled down in Loudwater and 9 months later Marie gave birth to a baby girl whom they named Jessica or Jess for short. However Marie developed a dangerous infection and died.

Despite this terrible loss, Johan poured all of his love and affection to his daughter. She became his life and he became hers. To his surprise, Jess proved to be an exceptionally bright child learning to read fluently by age 3 and even write to a limited degree at age 4. She loved books and tomes, and was an avid student and researcher at an early age.

While this pleased Johan, it also worried him too. She spent too much time in the library studying. At ages 4 to 6 she was being quite the student. Which was fine by him. But Jess proved also to be a sickly child. Flus and boughts of shivering and malaise were a problem with Jess. She had no problem studying and learning quickly because she was in bed most of her young life.

So when Jess asked her father to teach her magic, while this pleased him immensely, he did so with a plan. First he packed up all his stuff and his daughter's and sold the shop. Then he took his daughter and once more began to live the life of an adventurer. Jess was 5 at the time.

There were several reasons for this. When Johan was young he also suffered the kind of childhood Jess suffered through. Until his ranger father took him out into the forest and began gradually training him in outdoor survival. It helped toughen him up physically and for years he actually became a ranger until he developed an interest in magic.

So he did so with Jess, teaching her how to survive in the outdoors,and how to hunt and forage for food. He did this along with days of training her to learn spellcasting and manipulating the energies of the arcane. Jess found that she loved both, finding the peace and serenity of the wilderness and forests a calming influence which helped her study better and develop good concentration skills. She proved to be a quick learner and was mastering Cantrips by age 9. Eventually Johan gave her her first spellbook at age 10. But what was more important to him was that Jess was getting healthier and stronger physically. The gradual and careful exposure to the outdoors helped her develop a stronger constitution and made her overcome her earlier childhood bouts of sickness.

Then tragedy struck. About a week before Jess's 11th birthday, a town she and her father visited was struck by a plague. Both she and her father fell ill. But her own will to live and her previous battles with sickness when she was very young managed to help her overcome it with her father's help. Her father helped develop an alchemical cure for the plague but risked his own health doing so. He died at his daughter's bedside as Jess's fever broke and she began to recover. His death devastated her but she now continues to bravely live on and continue his legacy. For the past few months she has been travelling from town to town as a lone wizard genuinely offering to help those in need. Because she is for the most part on the move, it is very difficult for the authorities, who have taken notice of her deeds and spellcasting abilities, to locate.

While the plague has been neutralized, there is a nearby town whose population have been showing symptoms of the disease Jessica's father developed a cure for. Unfortunately all of said cure is in very short supply and the ingredients used in the cure are rare and can only be known to be found in Darkmoon Vale. And this is where her adventures begin!

Zero Prime
2023-12-20, 05:59 AM
Sorry man, not my game, not my call, but I am going to play the X card on depictions of violence against minors. As a father, I don't need to see it, nor do I want it in my leisure activities. If the character isn't at least the age of consent, I don't even want to think about it. If the rest of you are OK with it, that's your thing, and I'll bow out. But yeah just not my thing ...

Xihirli
2023-12-20, 10:17 AM
Falsker Chorton (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863790), orc fighter and wife of Barlus.

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-20, 10:17 AM
I tend to agree with Zero Prime. Sorry, onlie2005 :smallfrown:

Zero Prime
2023-12-20, 11:49 AM
I'm going to make an Oracle healer I think with the number of melee types we'll need it!

Infernally Clay
2023-12-20, 12:23 PM
Falsker Chorton (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863790), orc fighter and wife of Barlus.

So what are your plans for Falsker? Assuming we both get in we'll both be Fighters, so I'll pick something that doesn't step on your toes. I was considering the Barbarian archetype myself... something like...

2nd - Barbarian Dedication
4th - Swipe
6th - Instinct Ability

...probably with the Giant Instinct just because of the obvious synergy with a Dwarven Waraxe (it's a versatile weapon with sweep), Shield Block and Attack of Opportunity (both of which Fighter gets), but if you were planning to grab the Barbarian archetype I can pick something else.

Triskavanski
2023-12-20, 12:44 PM
I'm going to work on making a Kobold Rogue/Mechant/Trapper?

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-20, 12:44 PM
Sounds interesting, although I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to apply for this.

Anyway, wanted to chime in the player resources subject: from what I understand, this site (https://2e.aonprd.com) has the official permission of Paizo to store and update pretty much everything that's official, so keeping track of other player options should be easy enough.

That is a fair point, Captain Cap. 😅

Infernally Clay
2023-12-20, 12:50 PM
I'm going to work on making a Kobold Rogue/Mechant/Trapper?

A kobold rogue that has gone rogue?

https://i.ibb.co/YB6ssmz/IMG-1190.png

Triskavanski
2023-12-20, 01:09 PM

The roguishly charming rouge kobold rogue has gone rogue

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-20, 02:18 PM
Great job creating cool ideas and characters, everyone!

:smallbiggrin:

Infernally Clay
2023-12-20, 03:10 PM
Hmm... So I'll probably go with...

2nd - Barbarian Dedication (Giant) [class], Quick Repair [skill]
3rd - Ancestral Paragon (Rock Runner) [general], Crafting (to expert) [skill increase]
4th - Swipe [class], Magical Crafting [skill]
5th - Boulder Roll [ancestry], Intimidation (to expert) [skill increase]
Ability Boosts - CON (to 18), INT (to 14), WIS (to 16), CHA (to 10)
6th - Instinct Ability (Giant) [class], Intimidating Prowess [skill]

No point using a boost on strength if we aren't going beyond sixth level, after all.

Triskavanski
2023-12-20, 03:40 PM
Deciding between the two..

Investigator - Medicine Focus; Trap Spotter, Deal Maker

or

Rogue - Mastermind?; Trapspotter, deal maker?

Or if allowed some cantrips, going the spellcasting rogue... or maybe bard. And take Eat fire cantrip.

Xihirli
2023-12-20, 03:54 PM
So what are your plans for Falsker? Assuming we both get in we'll both be Fighters, so I'll pick something that doesn't step on your toes. I was considering the Barbarian archetype myself... something like...

2nd - Barbarian Dedication
4th - Swipe
6th - Instinct Ability

...probably with the Giant Instinct just because of the obvious synergy with a Dwarven Waraxe (it's a versatile weapon with sweep), Shield Block and Attack of Opportunity (both of which Fighter gets), but if you were planning to grab the Barbarian archetype I can pick something else.

Well I took the Orc Weapon feat, and the only orc weapon I’m interested in that’s in the allowed books is the Necksplitter. I’ll likely go sword and board since it’s one-handed so I’m going more for survivability than raw damage output.

There’s definitely significant overlap but hey, flank buddies, y’know?

I won’t be taking any dedication feats. Pure fighter feats the whole way, with smithing as my main skill feat tree.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-20, 04:25 PM
Well I took the Orc Weapon feat, and the only orc weapon I’m interested in that’s in the allowed books is the Necksplitter. I’ll likely go sword and board since it’s one-handed so I’m going more for survivability than raw damage output.

There’s definitely significant overlap but hey, flank buddies, y’know?

I won’t be taking any dedication feats. Pure fighter feats the whole way, with smithing as my main skill feat tree.

It’s okay, I’ll think of something else. Can’t really have two Fighters who sword and board with crafting skill feats. They’d be much too similar.

Maybe I’ll go with a Tiefling Universalist Wizard with the Spell Substition thesis so I can swap spells around on the fly (okay it takes ten minutes but that’s still pretty amazing). Sadly wizard feats don't actually seem to be all that impressive so I'll likely end up going for an archetype tree.

Okay so I’ll probably go with…

1st - Gloomseer [ancestral], Familiar (Raven) [universalist]
2nd - Familiar Master Dedication [class], Quick Identification [skill]
3rd - Ancestral Paragon (Natural Ambition - Hand of the Apprentice [general], Arcana (to expert) [skill boost]
4th - Familiar Conduit [class], Magical Shorthand [skill]
5th - Fiendish Resistance (fire) [ancestry], Warfare Lore (to expert) [skill boost]
Ability Boosts - CON to 18, WIS to 14, DEX to 14 and CHA to 12.
6th - Improved Familiar (Faerie Dragon) [class], Battle Planner [skill]

I quite like this, to be honest.

Zero Prime
2023-12-21, 11:32 AM
Anyone want to try an all fighter party? Couple guys with medicine, a crossbow guy, a polearm guy, a sword and board guy ... it'd be difficult, but fun. Kind of a dirty dozen thing.

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-21, 12:00 PM
I am down for whatever shenanigans you all decide to throw at these kobolds :smallbiggrin:

Infernally Clay
2023-12-21, 12:40 PM
Oh well if we're going for shenanigans... I can stick with Hully.

In fact, as far as healing is concerned, I can totally change things up and instead of Quick Repair, Magical Crafting and Intimidating Prowess, I can pick up Battle Medicine, Godless Healing and Mortal Healing at 2nd, 4th and 6th level respectively.

It will mean someone else will have to repair her gear if it gets damaged too much, but she'll be able to provide pretty solid healing so long as nobody uses divine magic to heal folks.

Awful
2023-12-21, 12:55 PM
I've been interested in trying to get into PF2e, but I have absolutely no experience with it at all, as I understand it's quite different from 3.5e and 5e, which is where my dnd-like experience lies.

If you're willing to put up with a novice, I'd like to try making something - as long as you don't mind pointing out where I'm going wrong, heh.

Triskavanski
2023-12-21, 02:03 PM
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIG.kcakw9QryUHASMmUtO7.?w=1024&h=1024&rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

Dovli Tevni N. Middlebrooks Deatherage
Silver Kobold
Rogue 1
https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863835
1: Ancestry: Caveclimber Kobold 1: Ancestry Feat: Kobold Weapon Familiarity 1: Rogue Racket: Thievery 1: Rogue Feat: Twin Feint r 1: Skill feat: Titan Wrestler
2: Class Feat: Twin Weapon Dedication 2: Skill Feat: Rapid Mantle?
3: Skill Feat: Shadow mark??? 3: General Feat: Thorough search
4: Class: Twin Distraction

Infernally Clay
2023-12-21, 06:05 PM
Changed up Hully's gear a bit. If she's going to use Medicine to patch folks up between battles (and eventually during battles) she should probably have Healer's Tools, after all.

Zero Prime
2023-12-21, 06:16 PM
If you're going Battle Medicine you may want to go 1H & free and, or 2H polearm so you don't have to drop, sheath then redraw, it's hard to do with a shield. Theoretically you could go weapon, gauntlet since it's got the free-hand trait.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-21, 06:25 PM
If you're going Battle Medicine you may want to go 1H & free and, or 2H polearm so you don't have to drop, sheath then redraw, it's hard to do with a shield. Theoretically you could go weapon, gauntlet since it's got the free-hand trait.

The Dwarven Waraxe can be wielded in one hand or two so I should be okay to just carry it in one hand when I'm using Battle Medicine since the Healer's Kit can be used with one hand if you're wearing it.

Zero Prime
2023-12-21, 06:31 PM
That works, I thought you were sword and board. My barbarian dual weilds Waraxe + Battle Axe, that versatility is nice, good choice!

Infernally Clay
2023-12-21, 06:39 PM
So how do runes work anyway? My original plan had, of course, been to boost Crafting to Expert at level 3 and then grab Magical Crafting at level 4. So I'd pick, say, the Striking Rune as one of the four things I know how to craft and then I can apply that on the whole party's weapons to just... double the damage die?

The only downside seems to be that it would take four days per weapon, but if the DM is particularly generous we could just take a few weeks off after hitting level 4 to improve everyone's gear.

Zero Prime
2023-12-21, 06:45 PM
Well a Striking Rune costs 65 gold to make, so cost is a factor. Once made it costs 10% to affix, so cost and time will be a factor. It's also not a level 1 item so you would need to find the schematic as you wouldn't start with it.

In all honesty we're probably better off to find them adventuring and have you transfer the rune from a discovered weapon to our preferred one.

Triskavanski
2023-12-21, 06:55 PM
Whats going on now?

I've got Dovli Tevni N. Middlebrooks Deatherage ready for playing.

Ricka Draws
2023-12-21, 10:23 PM
Oops I'm kinda busy lately, will withdraw for now, perhaps I'll be more free this weekend

Farmerbink
2023-12-21, 10:52 PM
Hey, so I'm quite interested in PF2, if only passably familiar.

Short version: what's the timeline here? I'd love to review and put together an idea, but knowing myself it'll be at least a few days before I shake out a character concept I think I'll enjoy playing.

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-22, 01:04 AM
Tuesday evening seems like a good time to end recruitment. After the holiday, so everyone has plenty of time to resolve their characters.

Zero Prime
2023-12-23, 08:04 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/brWc3hBn/Orc-Summoner.jpg
Vharag the Deceiver, Belkzen Outcast (https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=620225)
AC: 13 | HP: 24 | Current: 24 | Hero Points: 1
Fortitude: +7 | Reflex: +3 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
Summoner Spell Slots: Cantrips: 5 | Level 1: 1/1
Focus Pool: 1 | Current: 1
Active Effects: None.
Conditions: None.Verjigorm, Dragon Eidolon
AC: 17 | Fortitude: +8 | Reflex: +5 | Will: +5 | Perception: +3
Active Effects: None.
Conditions: None.
https://i.postimg.cc/kGCNt19d/Verjigorm.jpg
[/TD]

Vharag Irontooth is a bent, old, orc, who leans heavily on a thick darkwood staff, topped with an ursine skull. With bent back and broad shoulders, the orc shaman stands almost six feet tall, and near as wide, however, were he to stand to his full height, he would be near seven feet tall. A withered face, his skin dull green, almost grey with age, two protruding tusks stand out, the left most one, jagged and broken. His eyes two burning coals in deep shadowed pits, a broad jaw from which hangs a thick, iron-grey beard, knotted and braided with bone fetishes, carved beads of bone, wood, and silver. He wears a voluminous cloak, with a deep hood, weathered, but well maintained, faded purple, bordered with green and inscribed with runes of arcane and occult power. He speaks in a low, deep voice, that sounds as if stones are being ground one against the other, he is slow to speak, observing before he does, he has a rich, powerful voice, and those who have heard his songs speak of how, unexpectedly, rich it is. In normal conversation though, he is gruff, curt, and prefers simple, straight forward answers.

Verjigorm is a young wyrmling, coils sinuously around Vharag's shoulders, or stalks, patiently in the old orc's shadow, with glistening obsidian scales that catch the dim light, reminiscent of polished onyx. Its serpentine form is adorned with jagged spines, and its elongated neck supports a head crowned by razor-sharp horns. Cold, murderous eyes gleam from beneath the draconic facade, and a mouth lined with needle-like teeth hints at the lethal potential restrained, only, by Vharag's pragmatic control. When it deigns to speak to meat, it's term for anyone other than Vharag himself, it's voice drips with venom, enunciating each syllable like a lurking threat. A sibilant hiss underline's its disdainful proclamations, hanging in the air like a , not-so, silent threat.

With Field Medic and 14 Wisdom, Vharag will start with Battle Medicine, and Act Together will allow him the action economy to use BM while keeping Verjigorm in combat, providing flanking for the rogue and warrior. It's Advanced Weaponry (Trip) allowing it to Prone opponents, opening them up to Sneak Attack damage from our Rogue, and they will generate an Attack of Opportunity when they stand up from our Fighter (s?).
Level 2: Alacritous Action (Verjigorm's Speed changes to 35); Risky Surgery (Treat Wounds deals 1d8 slashing; gain's +2 circumstance to Medicine check & a success auto-crits to heal for 4d8)
Level 3: Medicine (Expert); Toughness (useful for shared HP pool)
Level 4: Tandom Movement (Allows Vharag & Verjigorm to both Stride with a singular action); Continual Recovery (Cooldown on Treat Wounds is now 10 minutes, instead of 1 Hour)
Level 5: Survival (Expert), Defy Death (DC 8+dying value, rather than 10)
Level 6: Eidolon's Opportunity (Verjigorm now has AoO), Experienced Tracker

Vharag was born in Urgir near fifty years ago, he was brought up a member of the Black Sun tribe, a powerful, and influential, clan who can field a host of a thousand orc warriors, led by their brutal war chief, Krun Thuul. In his youth he served under Thuul, fighting dwarf, orc, and human alike, defending the Black Sun land's from all sides, however, he suffered a grevious injury, shattering his right leg, grinding the bone to powder, it healed, but it never set, so he was exiled from the warrior caste, and instead served his peers as healer and physician, tending to the wounds of his war-bound kin. Given his new perspective he noted how Thuul had begun to fall to the depredations of his new Chief Advisor, a disgusting goblin, named Slaathrax, and his devotion to the Mother of Monsters, Lamashtu. Thuul began dark rites to twist and mutate his orc warriors into something ... other ... twisted their natures.

Vharag was plagued by doubt and indecision, his loyalty was to his war-bred kin, but they willingly followed their leader, even as Slaathrax's touch corrupted their flesh, twisted their spirits, and dulled their honor. Dreams came to Vharag, of a massive volcano, ancient monasteries, dwarven runes, and ancient seals; during his waking hours he researched the maps collected by the Black Suns, from their various, conquered neighbors, and discovered the name of the mountain that haunted his dreams, Droskar's Crag. He left the people's of the Black Sun behind, venturing towards Andoran, he climbed the slopes of the mountain, the whispering voice calling to him, promising him the power he needed to confront Slaathrax and deliver is war-bred kin from Lamashtu's twisted rites. In time he found a small cave, an old rune inscribed on a fragile, fossilized stone. The rune was in draconic, and it could be translated, roughly, to Aether Scourge, a power that had the potential to sever the ties that Lameshtu had worked into Vharag's peoples. He spoke it aloud, sounding, in his rasping voice, Verjigorm.

The aether-echo of that presence manifested, and taught the crippled warrior much, promised him that there was more to learn, but to do so he would need to follow in the footsteps of one his his people's enemies, a great dwarven hearo, who had ventured deep within Droskar's Crag. To do so he would need to venture to the human town of Falcon's Hollow, and from there, learn of the path taken by this dwarven hero, and the dangers that he had had to face. Vharag did as the eidolon directed, and has been in Falcon's Hollow for weeks now, working with Laurel Gebre at Roots & Remedies. He is impressed with the garundi woman's skills, and hopes to learn much, in the way of the healing arts, from the human woman ... however, Verjigorm's slithering presence in his mind reminds him, often, that he needs to proceed with his quest and to find the dwarven hero to attain the power he needs to restore his tribe to glory.

Eclipse Dynasty
2023-12-24, 12:22 PM
Still got some room for new players? ~~very new to pathfinder~~

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-24, 05:17 PM
⛄ Happy Holidays everyone! ❄️

Eclipse Dynasty
2023-12-26, 04:56 PM
W.I.P https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2865427

Battledancer Swashbuckler

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-27, 01:04 PM
Could a helpful player please make a grid of all the submitted characters? Digital cookie for the player who does 🍪

Triskavanski
2023-12-27, 01:47 PM
Player
Sheet Link
Character
Race
Concept
Classes
Niches

Eclipse Dynasty
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2865427
???
???
???
Swashbuckler
???

Infernally Clay
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863523
Hulmund "Hully" Cliffbreaker
Dwarf
???
Fighter
???

Xihirli
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863790
Falsker Chorton
orc
wife of Barlus
fighter
???

Triskavanski
https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863835
Dovli Tevni N. Middlebrooks Deatherage
Silver Kobold
Combat Butler
Rogue
Traps, Assassinations

Zero Prime
https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=620225
Vharag the Deceiver
Orc
Belkzen Outcast
Summoner
Dragon Pet

Infernally Clay
2023-12-27, 01:59 PM
Player
Character
Race
Class

Infernally Clay
Cassandra Kunnusta (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863890)
Tiefling
Wizard

Xihirli
Falsker Chortun (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2863790)
Orc
Fighter

Triskavanski
Divoli Deatherage (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2863835)
Kobold
Rogue

Zero Prime
Varagh the Deceiver (https://pathbuilder2e.com/launch.html?build=620225)
Orc
Summoner

Eclipse Dynasty
Vanizel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2865427)
Fletching
Swashbuckler

I've changed over to the Tiefling Wizard, because while I was making the table I noticed we have a lot of melee fighting types and some ranged attacks would be really nice

Oh you already made the table. My bad. :P

Well, anyway, Cassandra's hook is the same as Hully's was but slightly different. The dwarf in question was her adopted father and when she found out he had gone missing she dropped out of the magic school they had both worked so hard to get her into to come find him and she is furious nobody told her years ago.

Zero Prime
2023-12-27, 02:34 PM
Looking at it from a group cohesion point of view, I hope some people invested in Medicine and Wisdom. We're kind of short on any sort of healing ...

Infernally Clay
2023-12-27, 02:39 PM
Looking at it from a group cohesion point of view, I hope some people invested in Medicine and Wisdom. We're kind of short on any sort of healing ...

Cassandra does have a Healer's Kit and a +4 to Medicine but something a little more reliable would be nice.

Xihirli
2023-12-27, 02:48 PM
It is true that nobody went healer.
After the first few adventures we can probably solve this by just buying a bazillion healing potions but it certainly is an issue.

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-27, 02:54 PM
Looks like we have enough party members as is! Head on over to the OOC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663329-OOC-Crown-of-the-KOBOLD-KING!-Pathfinder-2nd-Edition&p=25934509)!

If anyone else finishes before this evening, they can come to the OOC as well.

Triskavanski
2023-12-27, 03:04 PM

I could switch from Rogue to Investigator fairly quick I think and go full battlemedic.

Zero Prime
2023-12-27, 03:08 PM
As a rogue you could get Expert in Medicine by 2nd, and grab Battle Medicine or Continual Recovery. Varagh has Battle Medicine currently and will have Continual Recovery by 3rd.

Triskavanski
2023-12-27, 08:49 PM
As a rogue you could get Expert in Medicine by 2nd, and grab Battle Medicine or Continual Recovery. Varagh has Battle Medicine currently and will have Continual Recovery by 3rd.

Battle medicine only works once per day if you're not an investigator.
If its rather we'd need more healing, I've got this instead. https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2865733

Zero Prime
2023-12-27, 08:56 PM
Well twice per day in Vharag's case, once on him, once on the Eidolon. Though I'm looking at Medicine more for downtime healing ...

Eclipse Dynasty
2023-12-29, 01:42 AM
Still cooking her up so should be done tomorrow, just need to fill in stuff like character traits and toss her in ooc

Don't have a face claim for her, hope that's okay?