PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for some V5?

Epimetheus
2023-12-19, 06:22 PM
After my last attempt at an urban fantasy game didn’t get much traction, I thought I’d see if anyone wanted to play Vampire: The Masquerade. I’d be willing to run something, and I’ll pitch a potential plot if anyone is interested.

The Commander
2023-12-19, 07:14 PM
Posting interest as a player - there was a game that gathered a lot of interest with no DM, ended up stepping up as a DM, and then almost none of the interest came back :smallbiggrin:

I hope you have better luck!

bramblefoot
2023-12-19, 07:18 PM
ill play or dm! im usually the forever dm around these parts, and im feeling something freaky, like alaska

Powgow
2023-12-19, 11:05 PM
I'll post my interest. I'm up for almost anything for V5. Camarilla City is a classic, but I'm also good for a Sabbat campaign.

Dirty
2023-12-20, 07:11 AM
I'd be down to clown.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-20, 02:51 PM
I might want to play but I'm utterly stumped on ideas.

bramblefoot
2023-12-20, 05:03 PM
if anyones looking for a v5 character generator, you could use schrektnet

https://www.schrecknet.live/

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-20, 09:52 PM
I picked the Vampire core rulebook up on a Humble Bundle a few months ago. Very interested in playing! 🧛

Epimetheus
2023-12-21, 09:46 AM
Okay, cool, looks like there’s plenty of interest!

My pitch for a chronicle (which would take place most likely in a fictional city somewhere either in New England or the Great Lakes region) is fairly straightforward. “In recent nights, a few prominent Kindred in the city have gone missing. The most likely suspect is the enclave of Hecata that dwell on the outskirts of town. Several of the missing vampires had well known feuds with the Hecata, but there could be other factors at play. Could it be a frame job? Simply the results of personal grudges? Or are the Hecata planning to make a move on the city? The Prince has tasked a young Coterie of capable, yet expendable Kindred to discover the truth, and resolve the threat if they can.”

The Commander
2023-12-21, 10:38 AM

My pitch for a chronicle (which would take place most likely in a fictional city somewhere either in New England or the Great Lakes region) is fairly straightforward. “In recent nights, a few prominent Kindred in the city have gone missing. The most likely suspect is the enclave of Hecata that dwell on the outskirts of town. Several of the missing vampires had well known feuds with the Hecata, but there could be other factors at play. Could it be a frame job? Simply the results of personal grudges? Or are the Hecata planning to make a move on the city? The Prince has tasked a young Coterie of capable, yet expendable Kindred to discover the truth, and resolve the threat if they can.”

Sounds good to me!

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-21, 12:01 PM

That sounds fun!

Dirty
2023-12-21, 12:04 PM
Yes please :biggrin:

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-21, 02:06 PM
Ok what is everyone gonna play? I'm thinking of a gangrel with this career https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2626819/amp/Is-worst-job-idea-world-Man-China-makes-living-human-PUNCHBAG-letting-people-hit-hard-money.html

bramblefoot
2023-12-21, 02:19 PM
im gonna be playing my old standard, a sadistic brujah hitman

bramblefoot
2023-12-21, 02:43 PM
glory

predator type: masked vigilante

spec: take a brawl (armed mortals) or athletics (parkour)
discipline (fortitude)
mask 1 and resources 1
enemy 1

strength 3
dexterity 3
stamina 3

charisma 2
manipulation 2
composure 4

intelligence 1
wits 2
resolve 2

athletics 3 (parkour)
brawl 3 (armed mortals)
crafts 1
drive 1
firearms 3
melee 1
stealth 2

insight 2
intimidation 2
leadership 2
streetwise 1
subterfuge 1

awareness 2 (ambushes)
medicine 1
science 1 (body disposal)

mask 2 with zeroed **
ingenue *
check the trunk *
haven 2 with haunted and security system **
resources 1 *
location 1: (personally mr gm, id like the haven to be somewhere where i will have excellent warning about enemy response time)

enemy 1 (gms choice)
haunted haven *

celerity 2
rapid reflexes
cats grace

potence 1
lethal body

fortitude 1

convictions

my country, right or wrong
this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky
there is no fate but what we make

touchstones
a dirty cop on the beat
a gang leader whos brother died in his arms
a young fresh-faced college graduate, ready to spread his wings

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-21, 03:25 PM
I was thinking about a Ventrue who was a high stakes stock broker living the life of riley in New York City. His family originally came from East Prussia, where they were middling nobility living in Königsberg. With the downfall of the monarchy after World War I, they emigrated to the US. Once in the US, the Von Falkenberg family became deeply entrenched in the world of investment and stocks, becoming quite wealthy and powerful in their new adopted homeland.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-21, 03:43 PM
glory

predator type: masked vigilante

spec: take a brawl (armed mortals) or athletics (parkour)
discipline (fortitude)
mask 1 and resources 1
enemy 1

strength 3
dexterity 3
stamina 3

charisma 2
manipulation 2
composure 4

intelligence 1
wits 2
resolve 2

athletics 3 (parkour)
brawl 3 (armed mortals)
drive 1
firearms 3
larceny 1
melee 1
stealth 2

insight 2
intimidation 2
leadership 2
streetwise 1
subterfuge 1

awareness 2 (ambushes)
medicine 1
science 1 (body disposal)

mask 2 with zeroed **
ingenue *
check the trunk *
haven 2 with haunted and security system **
resources 1 *
location 1: (personally mr gm, id like the haven to be somewhere where i will have excellent warning about enemy response time)

enemy 1 (gms choice)
haunted haven *

celerity 2
rapid reflexes
cats grace

potence 1
lethal body

fortitude 1

Classic bramblefoot character.

I was thinking about a Ventrue who was a high stakes stock broker living the life of riley in New York City. His family originally came from East Prussia, where they were middling nobility living in Königsberg. With the downfall of the monarchy after World War I, they emigrated to the US. Once in the US, the Von Falkenberg family became deeply entrenched in the world of investment and stocks, becoming quite wealthy and powerful in their new adopted homeland.

I like it. Very fitting fir a ventrue..

https://old.reddit.com/r/Ameraaaaaasjunkyard/comments/18nwi4w/my_character_sheet/

This is temporary until i learn how to export pdfs into forum posts

Dirty
2023-12-21, 04:44 PM
I'm working on a nosferatu errand-running messenger boy.

Someone who's got a bleeding heart for the downtrodden. The homeless and orphans.

He used to be a scater, surfing couches and doing recreational drugs. He was the kind of guy that kept the lifestyle going way beyond an acceptable age. Embraced at 32 he's been a vampire for 5 years or so.

In that time he was lucky enough to get accepted by a nest of nosferatu. He's just about come to terms with his embrace and spends his time running messages and errands for those that have the cash to spend on that type of thing. In his spare time he likes to help out at the soup kitchens, the shelters and keep an eye out for the people that have nothing. It cultivated a large network of contacts for him.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-21, 05:02 PM
I'm working on a nosferatu errand-running messenger boy.

Someone who's got a bleeding heart for the downtrodden. The homeless and orphans.

He used to be a scater, surfing couches and doing recreational drugs. He was the kind of guy that kept the lifestyle going way beyond an acceptable age. Embraced at 32 he's been a vampire for 5 years or so.

In that time he was lucky enough to get accepted by a nest of nosferatu. He's just about come to terms with his embrace and spends his time running messages and errands for those that have the cash to spend on that type of thing. In his spare time he likes to help out at the soup kitchens, the shelters and keep an eye out for the people that have nothing. It cultivated a large network of contacts for him.

Nice. I see a lot of fun conflicts with the ventrue.

bramblefoot
2023-12-21, 05:24 PM
now all we need is a toreador for the nosferatu to fall madly in love with

every toreador should take a nosferatu lover once in their life after all

nudge nudge wink wink

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-21, 05:45 PM
Name: Dan mustard
Concept: Professional "human" punching bag
Clan: Gangrel
Sect: Camarilla
Generation: 12th
Predator Type: Farmer
Humanity: 8
Chronicle: Epimetheus's game
Ambition: Get enough money from other vampires to retire financially
Desire: Get interviewed on local news
Archetype: Hustle bro
Sire: Mike wall

Health: 7
Willpower: 5
Potency: 1/3

Strength: 3/5
Dexterity: 2/5
Stamina: 4/5
Intelligence: 1/5
Wits: 2/5
Resolve: 2/5
Charisma: 3/5
Manipulation: 2/5
Composure: 3/5

Athletics: 3/5
Brawl: 3/5
Craft: 0/5
Drive: 1/5
Firearms: 0/5
Melee: 0/5
Larceny: 0/5
Stealth: 0/5
Survival: 3/5 (hunting, urban environments)

AnimalKen: 1/5
Etiquette: 2/5
Insight: 2/5
Intimidation: 1/5
Leadership: 0/5
Performance: 0/5
Persuasion: 2/5
Streetwise: 2/5
Subterfuge: 1/5

Academics: 0/5
Awareness: 2/5
Finance: 1/5
Investigation: 0/5
Medicine: 1/5
Occult: 0/5
Politics: 0/5
Science: 0/5
Technology: 1/5

Disciplines:
Protean: 0
Animalism: 2
Fortitude: 2
Powers:
Animalism: Bond Famulus
Animalism: Feral Whispers
Fortitude: Resilience
Fortitude: Enduring Beasts

Merits:

Advantages:
Eat food - 2
Luck of the Devil - 4
Flaws:
Feeding Flaw: Farmer - 2
Folkloric Bane (holy water) - 1
Ugly - 1
Backgrounds:
Mawla: Mike walls the professional strong man who is mustard's sire - 1

Convictions
Do whatever it takes to survive and hopefully thrive
Touchstones
Ken shepherd the hustlebro invester/influencer who is dan mustard's best friend

Notes: his familiar is a German shepherd called "softy"

Decide to post it this way

bramblefoot
2023-12-21, 06:21 PM
convictions

my country, right or wrong
this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky
there is no fate but what we make

touchstones
a dirty cop on the beat
a gang leader whose brother died in his arms
a young fresh-faced college graduate, ready to spread his wings

personally, i feel glory is very antithetical to law and order. he prefers chaos and the rule of the strong dominating the weak

The Commander
2023-12-22, 01:55 AM
I'll wait for the Big 16, which clans are allowed, starting XP etc.

Dirty
2023-12-22, 08:01 AM
Darnit.. I fell into a character creation hole. Probably going to scratch the nosferatu. I'm currently working on a tremere underground dj. Osiris type. Illegal rave legend. Trance music always hit me like something divine where people lose themselves to a collective consciousness. It seems like the thing that could connect to sorcery somehow.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-22, 08:43 AM
Darnit.. I fell into a character creation hole. Probably going to scratch the nosferatu. I'm currently working on a tremere underground dj. Osiris type. Illegal rave legend. Trance music always hit me like something divine where people lose themselves to a collective consciousness. It seems like the thing that could connect to sorcery somehow.

Nice. A tremare musician sounds cool.

Epimetheus
2023-12-23, 04:20 PM
Looks like we’ve got some fun character concepts so far!

I’ll get a Big 16 posted soon, but with as busy as things are right now, it might not be until after Christmas.

GreenDragonPage
2023-12-24, 05:10 PM
Looks like we’ve got some fun character concepts so far!

I’ll get a Big 16 posted soon, but with as busy as things are right now, it might not be until after Christmas.

🎅 'Tis the season for being busy! 🎄

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-29, 10:31 AM
It has been multiple days since Christmas. Just in case if gm does not appear during or before new years maybe the commander or bramblefoot can run a game.

Epimetheus
2023-12-29, 06:47 PM
It has been multiple days since Christmas. Just in case if gm does not appear during or before new years maybe the commander or bramblefoot can run a game.

Sorry, have just still been busy. I’ll t try to have the 16 up later today

bramblefoot
2023-12-29, 07:09 PM
he has returned, like chairman meow!

pay homage to him!

Epimetheus
2023-12-29, 10:50 PM
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

The game will be set in the fictional city of Valenport, New York. A port city on Lake Ontario.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-5ish

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

Play-by-post, right here on the GiTP forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

We’ll be starting at the neonate level. You were Embraced at least a decade ago, at most in 1940, and are either 12th or 13th Generation. you have 15xp to spend.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

That depends on how many dots you spend on Resources.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Any of the official Clans are allowed, including Salubri and Caitiff. I’ll admit to not being the biggest fan of Thinbloods, and would prefer none of those.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

See above

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Standard for a neonate character

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

VtM doesn’t use alignment, so I’ll just ask that you make characters who can get along with each other.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

N/A

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Just use the dice roller on the forum

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

I’ll mostly be trying to stick to the rules as written. The one exception is for anyone wanting to play as a Tzimisce, as I prefer their alternate Bane of needing an invitation to enter someone’s house.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Yes, but it doesn’t have to be super long. A paragraph or two ought to suffice.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

That depends on the characters and choices you guys make, but I expect there will be more role playing and investigation than combat.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Anything officially published is allowed! No homebrew, please.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-29, 11:50 PM
Name: Dan mustard
Concept: Professional "human" punching bag
Clan: Gangrel
Sect: Camarilla
Predator Type: Farmer
Humanity: 8
Chronicle: Epimetheus's game
Ambition: Get enough money from other vampires to retire financially
Desire: Get interviewed on local news
Archetype: Hustle bro
Sire: Mike wall

Health: 9 (7+2) from resilience
Potency: 1/3

Strength: 3/5
Dexterity: 2/5
Stamina: 4/5
Intelligence: 1/5
Wits: 2/5
Resolve: 2/5
Charisma: 3/5
Manipulation: 2/5
Composure: 3/5

Athletics: 3/5
Brawl: 3/5
Craft: 0/5
Drive: 1/5
Firearms: 0/5
Melee: 0/5
Larceny: 0/5
Stealth: 0/5
Survival: 3/5 (hunting, urban environments)

AnimalKen: 1/5
Etiquette: 2/5
Insight: 2/5
Intimidation: 1/5
Leadership: 0/5
Performance: 0/5
Persuasion: 2/5
Streetwise: 2/5
Subterfuge: 1/5

Academics: 0/5
Awareness: 2/5
Finance: 1/5
Investigation: 0/5
Medicine: 1/5
Occult: 0/5
Politics: 0/5
Science: 0/5
Technology: 1/5

Disciplines:
Protean: 0
Animalism: 2
Fortitude: 2
Powers:
Animalism: Bond Famulus
Animalism: Feral Whispers
Fortitude: Resilience
Fortitude: Enduring Beasts

Merits:

Advantages:
Eat food - 2
Luck of the Devil - 4
Unbondable - 5 (15 xp)
Flaws:
Feeding Flaw: Farmer - 2
Folkloric Bane (holy water) - 1
Ugly - 1
Backgrounds:
Mawla: Mike walls the professional strong man who is mustard's sire - 1

Convictions
Do whatever it takes to survive and hopefully thrive
Touchstones
Ken shepherd the hustlebro invester/influencer who is dan mustard's best friend

Notes: his familiar is a German shepherd called "softy"

Backstory: dan was an idiot. Straight up no good fool. He could pass school. But only barely and thanks to to schools wanting high sat scores. He didn't want to go to college so he took up mma. Things were going good until he got in a car accident. Then he was stuck in a full cast. A gangrel strong man named mike walls out of respect and pity for his fellow athlete (along with seeing a useful combatant to have on his side) embraced him and introduced him into the camarilla.

But dan was still assumed to injured to be in mma and he couldn't have a medical check up without alerting the second inquisition. So he was homeless for a while and found a poor abandoned pup he named softy. Then once while using starbucjs wi fi he found a influencer named ken shepherd who he remembered from high school. He still had his number from a group project. Calling him led to ken advising to start his own business. But dan couldn't think of anything. Then he saw an article of a human punching bag from china who made £1879 which equals 2,393 us dolla bills. That's when dan because the cities night time punching bag.

Purchased Unbondable and fixed health and added backstory

The Commander
2023-12-30, 12:08 AM
Welcome back. I'll sit down and hammer out a character at some point; but my current concept is a Malkavian Mortician/Undertaker. Feeds off dead bodies (from the Grave Robber predator-type in Cults of Blood). Aside from being an actual mortician, helps dispose of Masquerade Breach bodies and also helps exhume any Fledglings that have been buried as part of the Masquerade for their Embrace; or any other Kindred that wants to fake their death to mortals. Focuses on Occult, with some skill in Medicine, little bit of Science, as well as Firearms. Absolutely terrible social skills (spends most of his nights in the company of the dead, or silent at funerals).

Rokku
2023-12-30, 12:17 AM
I'm always up for some V5! Have you decided if we'll be playing Camarilla or Anarch? I'm partial to the Anarchs, but I can play either. Or is this an independent city where the factions haven't moved in for some reason?

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-30, 12:22 AM
I'm always up for some V5! Have you decided if we'll be playing Camarilla or Anarch? I'm partial to the Anarchs, but I can play either. Or is this an independent city where the factions haven't moved in for some reason?

I'm also partial to anarch (fits my character better) but in the campaign premise on page 1 the gm mentioned a prince. So unless he meant baron then probably camarilla.

Edit. Also nice to see you join. I'm pretty sure rokko is the most experienced of us if i remember the conversation i had with him on discord years back while trying to join a vampire game (he's a fan of legend of the 5 rings i remember as well.)

Rokku
2023-12-30, 04:54 AM
I'm also partial to anarch (fits my character better) but in the campaign premise on page 1 the gm mentioned a prince. So unless he meant baron then probably camarilla.

Edit. Also nice to see you join. I'm pretty sure rokko is the most experienced of us if i remember the conversation i had with him on discord years back while trying to join a vampire game (he's a fan of legend of the 5 rings i remember as well.)

Yeah that's me! And I now see the post with the game premise that I missed. Okay, I'll be pondering Camarilla options.

The Commander
2023-12-30, 11:25 AM
I am assuming you're using the errata rules from the Companion book, which bumps up Blood Surge and Bane Severity amounts by 1. Please let me know if you're not.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/ea/7f/06/ea7f0653650abcd33e425f705a11d36b.jpg

Name: William Wakerley
Clan: Malkavian
Concept: Corpse-Drinking Mortician
Predator Type: Grave Robber (from Cults of Blood)
Sire: Abigail 'the Pale' Abernathy
Ambition: Master the Oblivion Discipline
Desire: (To be filled out when play starts)

Health: 5
Willpower: 6
Humanity: 7
Hunger: (To be filled out when play starts)

Blood Potency: 1
Blood Surge: 2
Power Bonus: N/A
Mend Amount: 1
Rouse Reroll: 1st Level Powers
Bane Severity: 2
Feeding Penalty: None

Attributes:
Physical

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 2

Social

Charisma: 1
Manipulation: 2
Composure: 3

Mental

Intelligence: 4
Wits: 3
Resolve: 3

Skills (Specialist):

Occult (4)
Craft (3): Painting
Medicine (3): Cadavers
Science (3): Biology
Stealth (3)
Athletics (2)
Firearms (2): Handguns
Investigation (2)
Drive (1)
Survival (1)

Disciplines:

Auspex (0)
Dominate (1): 1. Cloud Memory
Obfuscate (2): 1. Silence of Death 2. Unseen Passage
Oblivion (Non-clan) (1): 1. Oblivion's Sight

Advantages/Merits/Loresheets:
Advantages

Contact (2): Tony Mitchell, Gun Dealer.
Haven (1): A small apartment in an apartment block in Downtown Valenport.
Resources (2): Middle-Class, decent car, able to afford firearms.
Status (Camarilla) (1): Can use Status in place of Social when dealing with members of the Camarilla.

Merits

Iron Gullet (3): Can feed from 'cold' blood without issue.

Loresheets

Descendant of Vasantasena (Agent of Chaos) (1): In stressful/turbulent situations, may reroll 1 die without spending Willpower once per session.
Low Clan (Thick Hide) (1): Once per Story, can shrug off social barbs for one scene without needing to make a test.

Flaws:

Bond Junkie (1): Lose one die from dice pools to act against a Blood Bond.
Long Bond (1): Takes three months to lose one level of Bond Strength.
Obvious Predator (2): Lose two dice for hunting, except in physical cases of hunting. Lose one die for social tests for putting mortals at ease. Cannot have a Herd.

Clan Bane: When suffering a Bestial Failure or a Compulsion, add a penalty equal to Bane Severity to Mental dice pools for the entire scene; as the voices and 'pranks' of the dead become too distracting to focus properly.

Touchstones/Convictions:
Diane McBride - 'True friends are more valuable than gold; treasure and protect them.'
Diane is one of the new apprentice morticians at William's funeral directors; but unlike the rest of the staff she genuinely seems to have a respect and appreciation for William which developed into a friendship.

XP Spending: Stealth originally at 1 from character creation, 6XP to make it 2, 9XP to make it 3; for 15XP spent.

Notes: Speaks English and Latin

William Wakerley was a mortician and undertaker in his mortal days, helping prepare the dead of New York for burials, wakes, and cremations, as well as assisting with the escort and carrying of coffins and bodies.

It was inevitable, then, that one night one of his 'clients' would turn out to be a vampire in torpor, who awoke in a Hunger Frenzy when William took them out of cold storage to begin work on them. The vampire fed deeply on William before coming to her senses and releasing him. William was injured, but alive; but he had seen too much. The vampire decided to ghoul William, rather than kill or embrace him, so that he could serve the Kindred of the city by helping them dispose of bodies and exhume the bodies of torpid vampires that were buried either accidentally or for their safety.

And so, for many years, William served his sire, and the wider Kindred society, by doing just that.

After a decade of loyal service, William was 'rewarded' by being embraced. He remained in his city, continuing to act as mortician and undertaker (although operating solely at night now).

After another couple of decades, he moved to Valenport and purchased a funeral directors with the money he had managed to save from his decades of work. This allowed William to continue working at what he did best, allowed him to continue feeding safely from the corpses that came to him, and even allowed him access to a very small number of staff under his employ; although all of them disliked being near him. All of them except for Diane. Diane was the latest apprentice mortician that William hired. He had expected her to be unnerved by him, as the others had been, but she seemed to take a genuine interest in their shared trade and two often found themselves working together most nights (although William was always sure to take some nights for himself to be able to feed freely). He began to value her as a friend and swore to never harm or feed from her.

William could almost be considered an Autarkis; but he always shows up to summons by the Prince and to Elysiums of import, but often spends them by himself. Having spent decades around the quiet dead, William has incredible difficulty talking to the living. Vampires, being half-dead, are only marginally better; with only William's skill at assisting Kindred through his work helping bridge connections between them. When he is around corpses, William loves to speak with them and treat them as if they were alive; perhaps a trait that was either generated or amplified by his Malkavian heritage. Around the living, William is quiet. Unsettlingly quiet. In his black suit, tie, and hat, for funerals, it's almost as if he could disappear into the very shadows of the night.

When the Malkavian beast inside him decides to rear it's ugly head, William often begins to hear and see the dead moving and speaking, causing problems and distracting him from thinking clearly; even when there should be no corpses nearby.

William has been chosen for this mission for two reasons: 1) His knowledge of the Occult and the dead is matched only by the Hecata themselves, so if anyone can divine any rituals they're doing, it would be him. 2) Whilst he's not disliked, William is clearly a loner, and should the worst befall him no-one would shed any tears over his Final Death.

Ameraaaaaa
2023-12-30, 11:47 AM
Nice sheet commander.

So far I'm the social expert. Which is weird but funny. Whether someone makes a more social character or I'm the party face i think fun times are ahead. Tho i never played a party face before so if it's the latter that's new.

Dirty
2023-12-30, 01:49 PM
This is a work in Progress. I'm copy pasting The Commanders sheet and tweaking it so it fits my Tremere:

https://gekirock.com/news/assets_c/2019/11/maxim-thumb-1200xauto-66769.jpg

Name: Keith
Clan: Tremere
Concept: Minimal-Techno DJ
Predator Type: Osiris
Generation:
Sire:
Ambition: Find a way to tap into magic through the collective consciousness found on a dancefloor.
Desire: (To be filled out when play starts)

Health: 5
Humanity: 7
Hunger: (To be filled out when play starts)

Blood Potency:
Blood Surge:
Power Bonus: N
Mend Amount:
Rouse Reroll:
Bane Severity:
Feeding Penalty:

Attributes:
Physical

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 2

Social

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 4
Composure: 2

Mental

Intelligence: 3
Wits: 2
Resolve: 3

Skills:

Athletics (1)
Brawl (1)
Drive (1)
Firearms (1)
Larceny (1)
Melee (1)
Stealth (1)
Survival (1)

Etiquette (1)
Insight (2)
Intimidation (1)
Leadership (2)
Performance (3) DJ
Persuasion (2)
Streetwise (2)
Subterfuge (2)

Awareness (2)
Occult (2)
Technology (2)

Disciplines:

Dominate (0)
Auspex (1)
Blood Sorcery (3)

Advantages/Merits/Loresheets:
Advantages

Contact (2): Tony Mitchell, Gun Dealer.
Haven (1): A small apartment in an apartment block in Downtown Valenport.
Resources (2): Middle-Class, decent car, able to afford firearms.
Status (Camarilla) (1): Can use Status in place of Social when dealing with members of the Camarilla.

Merits

Iron Gullet (3): Can feed from 'cold' blood without issue.

Loresheets

Descendant of Vasantasena (Agent of Chaos) (1): In stressful/turbulent situations, may reroll 1 die without spending Willpower once per session.
Low Clan (Thick Hide) (1): Once per Story, can shrug off social barbs for one scene without needing to make a test.

Flaws:

Bond Junkie (1): Lose one die from dice pools to act against a Blood Bond.
Long Bond (1): Takes three months to lose one level of Bond Strength.
Obvious Predator (2): Lose two dice for hunting, except in physical cases of hunting. Lose one die for social tests for putting mortals at ease. Cannot have a Herd.

Clan Bane: When suffering a Bestial Failure or a Compulsion, add a penalty equal to Bane Severity to Mental dice pools for the entire scene; as the voices and 'pranks' of the dead become too distracting to focus properly.

Touchstones/Convictions:
Diane McBride - 'True friends are more valuable than gold; treasure and protect them.'
Diane is one of the new apprentice morticians at William's funeral directors; but unlike the rest of the staff she genuinely seems to have a respect and appreciation for William which developed into a friendship.

XP Spending: Stealth originally at 1 from character creation, 6XP to make it 2, 9XP to make it 3; for 15XP spent.

Notes: Speaks English and Latin

Coming soon

bramblefoot
2024-01-02, 09:20 PM
soo, will someone walk me through loresheets and creating my own?

bramblefoot
2024-01-02, 10:05 PM
my loresheet

right hand of the devil

*: repair and refurbish add two dice to any crafts rolls made to fix or modify weapons

**: this is my weapon: choose a specific gun make and model. gain two automatic successes when using that specific make and model gun for its intended purpose

***: the way of the gun: gain three dots split between mawla (people you learned from) or retainers (people your teaching)

****: boot hill calls: anyone who knows of your status as the right hand of the devil takes an aggravated point of wp damage if they want to hurt you. this happens once per session per character

ill fill out the

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-02, 10:08 PM
my loresheet

right hand of the devil

*: repair and refurbish add two dice to any crafts rolls made to fix or modify weapons

**: this is my weapon: choose a specific gun make and model. gain two automatic successes when using that specific make and model gun for its intended purpose

***: the way of the gun: gain three dots split between mawla (people you learned from) or retainers (people your teaching)

****: boot hill calls: anyone who knows of your status as the right hand of the devil takes an aggravated point of wp damage if they want to hurt you. this happens once per session per character

ill fill out the

Unless the devil is a nickname isn't this kinda mary sueish. I mean no insult but like being the right hand of satan himself while much older more experienced and more fitting vampires exist.

bramblefoot
2024-01-02, 10:18 PM
oki, its the term for a western gunslinger. i stole it from deadlands

im also open to edits

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-02, 10:20 PM
Fair. I'm not an loresheet expert but pretty sure gm said no homebrew.

bramblefoot
2024-01-02, 10:23 PM
well then i am out quicker than a bat out of hell.

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-04, 06:17 AM
Hey dirty and rokku just checking are you still in the game? And gm you still here?

Rokku
2024-01-04, 02:44 PM
Yeah I've been observing and waiting to see if Epimetheus reappears.

Dirty
2024-01-05, 03:10 AM
Hey dirty and rokku just checking are you still in the game? And gm you still here?

Yeah I got stuck in the book.. I've played a lot of Vampire the Masquerade back in the day but this V5 book is just different enough to throw me off of character creation a bit. Specifically Advantages/Merits/Loresheets I'm having a hard time finding out how many points I can distribute and where it all is at. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it feels a bit confusing and spread around.

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-05, 04:05 AM
Yeah I got stuck in the book.. I've played a lot of Vampire the Masquerade back in the day but this V5 book is just different enough to throw me off of character creation a bit. Specifically Advantages/Merits/Loresheets I'm having a hard time finding out how many points I can distribute and where it all is at. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it feels a bit confusing and spread around.

Not counting free Advantages flaws and ect you get from Predator type you get 7 dots of good stuff and 2 flaw's worth of dots. Xp wise a flat 3 xp per dot of merits.

The Commander
2024-01-05, 01:55 PM

Page 136-137 has a handy little summary and XP cost table for Character Creation; I'd suggest following that when making a character.

Rynn
2024-01-10, 02:47 AM
Hello. I am interested. Are you still recruiting?

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-10, 08:42 AM
Hello. I am interested. Are you still recruiting?

Game is dead.