PDA

View Full Version : Ethical Issues (Rock Band... or a PSP?)

Jibar
2007-12-12, 02:36 PM
So, with Christmas approaching and the European release of Rock Band pushed back into March, I have found myself in a unique position.
I could save up some funds, with my Christmas money, to get myself Rock Band, or I could buy a PSP and pick up Daxter and War of the Lions.
I've never played any of the Guitar Hero games, so I thought Rock Band would be the best place to start. If I bought the full set, then even if I suck at guitar I could take up bass or drums, plus I'll be able to play with friends.
But the PSP... as much as I hate Sony and their latest consoles...ooo, I'd finally have the chance to play Final Fantasy Tactics, plus Daxter, and the Kingdom Hearts game later... it's very tempting.
I'm unsure though. Which should I go for?

warty goblin
2007-12-12, 03:09 PM
I'd have to go with Rock Band in this situation. Everything I've read about it suggests its about the most fun one can have while wearing pants(although I suppose that is optional...), whereas the PSP really seems to have something of a derth of games on it. Also, buying a platform for just a few games has never seemed like that smart of a thing to do to me, even if it is a relatively cheap one.

Gungnir
2007-12-12, 03:11 PM
I'd go with the PSP, but I suck at rhythm games. Plus, since it is a group game, you could go for group custody over it with some other friends.

Lord Shplane
2007-12-12, 05:06 PM
PSP, and spring for the Slim. Also, there are a LOT more games than just the three you mentioned.

Out Already-
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Killzone Liberation
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 and 2
Lots of other little RPG's that I forgot the name of

Coming Soon-
Star Ocean 1&2 remakes
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (It's a fighting game with FF characters.)
God of War: Chains of Olympus
... Lots of other little RPG's that I forgot the name of

Setra
2007-12-12, 05:29 PM
I'd go with the PSP.

If you really want a Guitar Hero-ish game, try to get Guitar Hero, well that's my opinion.

Edit: I'm gonna be getting a PSP one of these days, I want War of the Lion... and Dissidia... and Disgaea >_>

2007-12-12, 06:20 PM
Rock Band. You won't regret it.

Da Beast
2007-12-12, 06:25 PM
Maybe you should try Rock Band or one of the Guitar Hero games before you decide.

evisiron
2007-12-12, 10:23 PM
My vote is for Rock Band.

Fun with friends rocking out on a variety of songs... or playing something else on a small fiddly screen, alone, forgotten in the dark, hunted by a thousand Reapers... Woops, kind of rambled on a bit with the PSP bit there.

But yeah, Rock Band ftw!

13_CBS
2007-12-12, 10:38 PM
Erm...sorry Jibar, but didn't you say that you had lots to do for next semester? Perhaps spending all that money on gaming systems isn't the best choice...

Lord Shplane
2007-12-12, 10:53 PM
Maybe you should try Rock Band or one of the Guitar Hero games before you decide.

I agree with this guy. It shouldn't be too hard to find a friend with Guitar Hero. Try it out and see if you like it.

I still would like to recommend the PSP though. FFT War of Lions ftw.