PDA

View Full Version : Would any GM be willing to run a ravnica game through weekly voice chat on roll20?

Zhentarim
2023-12-24, 09:37 AM
I'm itching for a new weekly dnd game, and I've liked the ravnica setting for years without getting an opportunity to play in a ravnica game.

Plaids
2023-12-28, 12:59 AM
Ravnica is a setting that provides a good set of adventure possibilities and a fresh new cast of characters to play with. Are there any other campaign aspects you are looking for beyond the Ravnica setting?

Zhentarim
2024-01-02, 07:01 PM
Ravnica is a setting that provides a good set of adventure possibilities and a fresh new cast of characters to play with. Are there any other campaign aspects you are looking for beyond the Ravnica setting?

Ravnica is my favorite go-to, but I'd also love to try Theros or one of the other MTG-inspired settings.

Plaids
2024-01-03, 01:26 AM
By "campaign aspect" I was referring to things such as genre, tone, and what guilds you were most in. Some genres are mystery, political intrigue, dungeon crawl, and an odyssey to distant lands. Tones could range from light and humorous, to dark and morally ambiguous. Tone and genre would be easier to choose if a party was already formed and vice versa.

Zhentarim
2024-01-03, 04:56 PM
By "campaign aspect" I was referring to things such as genre, tone, and what guilds you were most in. Some genres are mystery, political intrigue, dungeon crawl, and an odyssey to distant lands. Tones could range from light and humorous, to dark and morally ambiguous. Tone and genre would be easier to choose if a party was already formed and vice versa.

Oh, got ya. I was thinking of a campaign very heavy on mystery and political intrigue. I like a dark and morally ambiguous tone.

Class-wise, I was wanting my first couple levels to be in rogue, then to multiclass into bard. My character could feel equally at home in any of the guilds containing black mana, but I'll probably build a character from Orzhov. Note that my character in any campaign you create will be morally ambigous, but not evil.

Plaids
2024-01-05, 01:34 AM
Orhzov is interesting. Any interest in having the story set before all the power struggles that transpired before the massive War of the Spark or after? I would prefer there to be a second player.

Zhentarim
2024-01-05, 08:02 AM
Orhzov is interesting. Any interest in having the story set before all the power struggles that transpired before the massive War of the Spark or after? I would prefer there to be a second player.

I'm good with either before or after, honestly. Also, I'm good with having other players-- That's part of the fun.

Buufreak
2024-01-05, 02:25 PM
I tried putting something together a while ago. The primary issue is I don't know 5e rulings well enough. How strictly are we attached to live game? I work nights, and it makes evening gaming difficult.

Plaids
2024-01-06, 06:11 PM
I am fine with weekends or a non-live format.

Plaids
2024-01-13, 03:11 AM
Looks like interest in the game has waned. I will be looking at other games.

Zhentarim
2024-01-14, 09:11 AM
Looks like interest in the game has waned. I will be looking at other games.

Yeah, I went out of town to take care of some family issues. Thank you for offering to run the game, though.