PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Looking for Mid-High Lvl Gestalt Pathfinder 1e Game

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-25, 09:51 PM
Ive had this bug in my brain for a little while now. I want to play this character who is a Unchained Monk//Serene Barbarian (3rd party from 4-Winds Fantasy Gaming, its on the PFSRD)
I would love a chance to actually work this idea out into a character proper. The concept is fairly easy to place into any setting so I am not really picky about settings. A young monk who has dedicated their life to training, but always comes up a little short, and feels a little behind their peers. When in battle they are a bit flighty and nervous. When really stressed though or when they take a knock to the head they enter into a trance-like state that gives them a bit of a power boost and are only awake once the combat is over and are very confused about how their friends got them out of this situation.

Effectively its Zenitsu as a Monk.

I picture the party being fairly small, given its Gestalt which means we are already well more capable than normal. I picture the optimization levels as fairly low to middling because well a Monk//Barbarian is pretty easy to out optimize.

I think 8 is a place to start. Characters that have a bit of experience under their belts, but room to grow.

Big'ol questions 16
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Pathfinder, 1st Edition.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Homebrew, fantasy kitchen sink. Advent of gunpowder age. Details to follow.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
3 to 4. I have a tendency to overdraft that I'm trying to mind here.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums right here. Or if everyone prefers, I can run over Discord (text)

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
8th Level, Gestalt

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard WBL. You can craft items, but doing so can only go to 25% over WBL. And no one item should be over about a third of the total, unless it's something character-defining.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
We have a Monk/Barbarian. I'm looking for potentially another combatant character, and something leaning towards arcane or divine magic. Or whatever shows up.
In terms of power level, I'm going to aim at picking characters about on par with whatever The AlmightyKue whips up.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Paizo races of the Core, Featured and Uncommon varieties. 3rd party races can be requested. No custom races.
Additionally, races of 8 RP or less can take a bonus Racial Feat to bring them on par with the rest.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
4d6 best 3. You can roll seven sets and pick the best six to allocate to stats, dropping the lowest. Rolls under 8 are rounded to 8. If the dice hate you, you can opt for Point-Buy of 20.
HP - I did mean for it to be high average (i.e. d10 becomes 6), with ful at first level as per rules.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is used. The party should work together, so going into the deep end of Evil or Chaos might not be advised.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Sure. With regards to Prestige Classes, you should qualify on one side of the track, unless someone gives me a case where this is a bad idea.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
We should use the roller here, though I might make hidden rolls for you.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
We're going to use Elephant in the Room (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/) Feat tax fixes and Background Skills. (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills) Additionally, all characters get either Step Up or Combat Casting as a bonus Feat.
You can take two traits, or three with a drawback to go with.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Since the world itself is under construction, I welcome any background ideas. That said, I'd like three things:
High Concept: The distillation of who your character is into a little
Trouble: A character flaw or circumstance or the like.
Another character: Someone associated with your character. A family member, friend, mentor, enemy, frenemy (Mellogoth)

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
A combination of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
1st party is in, by and large. You can request 3rd party materials, so long as it doesn't involve a new rules system, or a new spell list or some other homework for me.

The initial outline is that there's something off going on in theajor city of the region. I envision that The characters are outsiders or locals that have been absent from the city for a few months. This is initially a shorter adventure, but it can lead to more if the players want to continue.

I'll provide more setting details as they emerge and develop.

Farmerbink
2023-12-27, 01:49 PM
Dunno what your take on optimization translates into, but I’ve got a gestalt build I’d like to get a chance to play. She’s a Gnome Oracle/Druid, so not at all low on the power scale, but all of her power is centered on battlefield control and support so it could be a great partner for your concept.

Of course, absent a DM and a game, it’s pretty strictly hypothetical.

Kallimakus
2023-12-27, 03:34 PM
I might be interested as a GM. Raising my hat but not throwing it in just yet. I'd like to ask a few questions at first:

Are you looking for something longer, like a campaign, or just a scenario to try out your character?
What sort of level are we talking about in terms of mid-high level game? Around 5? 8? 12?
Do you have a setting preference with regards to homebrew vs, say, Golarion-esque?

ScrambledBrains
2023-12-27, 05:36 PM
Given that I love gestalt and I’ve been enjoying Pathfinder lately, this is right in my wheelhouse. Not sure what character I’d build though, would depend on the Big 16.

namo
2023-12-27, 05:46 PM
Interested as a player, pending Big 16.

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-27, 07:39 PM
I might be interested as a GM. Raising my hat but not throwing it in just yet. I'd like to ask a few questions at first:

Are you looking for something longer, like a campaign, or just a scenario to try out your character?
What sort of level are we talking about in terms of mid-high level game? Around 5? 8? 12?
Do you have a setting preference with regards to homebrew vs, say, Golarion-esque?

Was kind of hoping for a campaign but I know that can be really hard to arrange and run. Would prefer a campaign though.
Mid to me starts at 8 yeah. So 8-12 would be fun but I am cool with anything 5 or above.
Not really so long as it makes sense for someone to be a monk/martial artists and not be horribly out of place.

Argus0
2023-12-27, 08:02 PM
I'd be interested as a player as well!

Hellfire014
2023-12-27, 08:15 PM
Works calming down, so I should have time now. Interested.

Athaleon
2023-12-27, 09:31 PM
I'd be interested as a player as well.

Arael666
2023-12-27, 09:38 PM
I'm still waiting on the response on another recruiting thread. So, provided I'm not selected there as a player, I'm posting interest pending big 16. Is DSP material allowed? (akasha, psionic and PoW)

samduke
2023-12-27, 10:56 PM
Poke intetested pending big 16

Triskavanski
2023-12-28, 12:10 AM
We'll see what comes about it.

Yas392
2023-12-28, 12:17 AM
Tentative interest.

Ricka Draws
2023-12-28, 01:48 AM
Tentatively interested, I've never played gestalt with Pathfinder, only 5e so I'm cirio about how will it works

I mean... Skills and spells and bab and all those, way more things to keep track than 5e, not saying that that's a bad thing but instead it makes me wonder how would the gestalt interact with this all

Frendle
2023-12-28, 10:02 AM
Interested awaiting 16 :)

Kallimakus
2023-12-28, 05:24 PM
Was kind of hoping for a campaign but I know that can be really hard to arrange and run. Would prefer a campaign though.
Mid to me starts at 8 yeah. So 8-12 would be fun but I am cool with anything 5 or above.
Not really so long as it makes sense for someone to be a monk/martial artists and not be horribly out of place.

I think 8 is a place to start. Characters that have a bit of experience under their belts, but room to grow.

I'm still waiting on the response on another recruiting thread. So, provided I'm not selected there as a player, I'm posting interest pending big 16. Is DSP material allowed? (akasha, psionic and PoW)

I think I'm waiting on the same. That said, for this game the answer is no.

Big'ol questions 16
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Pathfinder, 1st Edition.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Homebrew, fantasy kitchen sink. Advent of gunpowder age. Details to follow.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
3 to 4. I have a tendency to overdraft that I'm trying to mind here.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
These Forums right here. Or if everyone prefers, I can run over Discord (text)

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
8th Level, Gestalt

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard WBL. You can craft items, but doing so can only go to 25% over WBL. And no one item should be over about a third of the total, unless it's something character-defining.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
We have a Monk/Barbarian. I'm looking for potentially another combatant character, and something leaning towards arcane or divine magic. Or whatever shows up.
In terms of power level, I'm going to aim at picking characters about on par with whatever The AlmightyKue whips up.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Paizo races of the Core, Featured and Uncommon varieties. 3rd party races can be requested. No custom races.
Additionally, races of 8 RP or less can take a bonus Racial Feat to bring them on par with the rest.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
4d6 best 3. You can roll seven sets and pick the best six to allocate to stats, dropping the lowest. Rolls under 8 are rounded to 8. If the dice hate you, you can opt for Point-Buy of 20.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is used. The party should work together, so going into the deep end of Evil or Chaos might not be advised.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Sure. With regards to Prestige Classes, you should qualify on one side of the track, unless someone gives me a case where this is a bad idea.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
We should use the roller here, though I might make hidden rolls for you.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
We're going to use Elephant in the Room (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/) Feat tax fixes and Background Skills. (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills) Additionally, all characters get either Step Up or Combat Casting as a bonus Feat.
You can take two traits, or three with a drawback to go with.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Since the world itself is under construction, I welcome any background ideas. That said, I'd like three things:
High Concept: The distillation of who your character is into a little
Trouble: A character flaw or circumstance or the like.
Another character: Someone associated with your character. A family member, friend, mentor, enemy, frenemy (Mellogoth)

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
A combination of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
1st party is in, by and large. You can request 3rd party materials, so long as it doesn't involve a new rules system, or a new spell list or some other homework for me.

The initial outline is that there's something off going on in theajor city of the region. I envision that The characters are outsiders or locals that have been absent from the city for a few months. This is initially a shorter adventure, but it can lead to more if the players want to continue.

JNAProductions
2023-12-28, 05:26 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Rolling is fun.

17 16 15 15 12 9

That's pretty serviceable!

Da'Shain
2023-12-28, 05:39 PM
Interested, rollin'. I'm thinking a Kineticist//Slayer, but let's see what the dice say.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Not ideal, but not bad. Thinking Kitsune Kineticist//Mesmerist, actually. A creepy little fox with mind powers.

Yas392
2023-12-28, 05:58 PM
Hmmm...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

redfeline
2023-12-28, 06:52 PM
I declare interest.

samduke
2023-12-28, 06:52 PM
rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

well that looks like a 24 point buy roll, its workable

@Kallimakus
not mentioned in the big 16 is firearms and classes that can gain access to them, if they are allowed what era and how advanced?

thinking
Human
*normally get a bonus feat
Additionally, races of 8 RP or less can take a bonus Racial Feat to bring them on par with the rest.*
(Net 2 feats)

Oracle (Shadow mystery)
//
Gunslinger (Mysterious Stranger) / Slayer

Ricka Draws
2023-12-28, 07:14 PM
Not a fan of rolling for stats but here we go
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

How gestalt world here? I mean... We got all the skills from both classes? Which bab? I'm clueless here

Edit: this is why I hate rolling

samduke
2023-12-28, 07:23 PM
Not a fan of rolling for stats but here we go
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

How gestalt world here? I mean... We got all the skills from both classes? Which bab? I'm clueless here

Edit: this is why I hate rolling

standard gestalt rules you take the classes from effectively 2 sides
at what ever given character level you take the class that grants the best of ( hit dice, skill points, saves, ect. ) , class features that duplicate are not typically duplicated or stacked unless something states they can do so.

so in a perfect gestalt world one would have d12 hit dice 8+ skill points and all good saves for every character level.

as for actual skills like acrobatics ect yes you gain them all from both

namo
2023-12-28, 07:47 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

edit: the dice gods are probably telling me I should look elsewhere. :smallamused:

Ricka Draws
2023-12-28, 08:02 PM
standard gestalt rules you take the classes from effectively 2 sides
at what ever given character level you take the class that grants the best of ( hit dice, skill points, saves, ect. ) , class features that duplicate are not typically duplicated or stacked unless something states they can do so.

so in a perfect gestalt world one would have d12 hit dice 8+ skill points and all good saves for every character level.

as for actual skills like acrobatics ect yes you gain them all from both

Oh I see, I see, can I reroll? those numbers are pathetic

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-28, 08:05 PM
I am hoping you guys used up all the bad luck in the thread.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Off tomorrow so should be able to get things thrown together enough to give people an idea.

samduke
2023-12-28, 08:15 PM
Oh I see, I see, can I reroll? those numbers are pathetic

see rule # 9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

tonberryking
2023-12-28, 08:30 PM
Got nothing to lose, so here goes:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

EDIT: Making a Ninja Magus

Hellfire014
2023-12-28, 08:53 PM
guessing spheres is out.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Escheton
2023-12-28, 09:23 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Let's see how this shakes out. I like the shoring up of low RP races. Might go with kobold or goblin or such.

Athaleon
2023-12-28, 09:29 PM
Lets see what I get:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Edit: That's certainly serviceable. It's been a while but I think I will go Wizard // Magus for this—should be a versatile enough concept to fit the setting as details are added.

Edit 2: Given the other players' interest in Wizard and Magus, I may yet try something else. Paladin//Sorcerer maybe.

Rilem
2023-12-28, 09:34 PM
Rolling

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Triskavanski
2023-12-28, 11:26 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

roll that beautiful bean footage

redfeline
2023-12-28, 11:27 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Wow that deserves to be in a spoiler. I have seldom seen rolls so low. 2 under 9, 3 10s, an 11, and a 15.

Point buy it is.

Talivan
2023-12-29, 12:08 AM
Interested!!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Ditto Redfeline.
Going 20 point buy as is the same quantity with bad distribution...

ScrambledBrains
2023-12-29, 12:55 AM
Let's see how the Dice Gods feel about me today.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Edit: Well, on the one hand, not bad...on the other hand, won't fit what I was considering for a character. Might need to hit the drawing board.

Chambers
2023-12-29, 01:01 AM
Dice for the Dice Gods!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Edit: A 3?? On 4d6b3?? Time for a Wizard.

Ancient
2023-12-29, 01:12 AM
Posting Interest, lets see what the dice will:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Triskavanski
2023-12-29, 01:57 AM

Only 3rd party stuff I'd want is the legendary Vigilante stuff, specifically the feats that increase the ability to use the Warlock Vigilante's manabolt weapons.

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 02:30 AM
@Kallimakus
not mentioned in the big 16 is firearms and classes that can gain access to them, if they are allowed what era and how advanced?

thinking
Human
*normally get a bonus feat
Additionally, races of 8 RP or less can take a bonus Racial Feat to bring them on par with the rest.*
(Net 2 feats)

Guns are Commonplace, so normal firearms are cheaper. Advanced firearms are a new development, and are not craftable by adventurer types. (Effectively requires an Item Creation Feat, similar to magic items).

Humans are actually 9 RP, so don't get an extra bonus Feat.

As another note, it is a "Bonus Racial Feat", not a "Racial Bonus Feat", so a Feat selected from Racial Feats list.

samduke explained this well.

guessing spheres is out.
While I generally like them, I think I'll leave them out this time to avoid extra work.

Yas392
2023-12-29, 03:02 AM
Going 20 Point Buy. I dislike the 9 on my roll.

Talivan
2023-12-29, 03:35 AM
Ok so will go for a Paladin//Oracle build

Question: is 3rd party Oracle mysteries allowed?

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 03:45 AM
Ok so will go for a Paladin//Oracle build

Question: is 3rd party Oracle mysteries allowed?

That depends on the mystery.

samduke
2023-12-29, 05:07 AM
Guns are Commonplace, so normal firearms are cheaper. Advanced firearms are a new development, and are not craftable by adventurer types. (Effectively requires an Item Creation Feat, similar to magic items).

Humans are actually 9 RP, so don't get an extra bonus Feat.

As another note, it is a "Bonus Racial Feat", not a "Racial Bonus Feat", so a Feat selected from Racial Feats list.

samduke explained this well.

While I generally like them, I think I'll leave them out this time to avoid extra work.

Um please explain how the srd says no rp but you say 9 rp, where is that rp coming from? Ie aasimar are 15 rp

Escheton
2023-12-29, 05:30 AM
Um please explain how the srd says no rp but you say 9 rp, where is that rp coming from? Ie aasimar are 15 rp

Presumably here: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races/#example-human

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 05:52 AM

The Races (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/) page also has a handy table. Those that are marked as # should be assumed to not get the extra Racial Feat.

tonberryking
2023-12-29, 05:53 AM
https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2864071

So, I need to tweak and finalize things, especially her gear but here's Randa: a grumpy and petite half-orc who's got a notorious, feared reputation, yet people seldom realize she is THE Inferno Witch until it's too late. She's not evil, though, she's just been highly destructive at times in the past, and is currently free of ties to any clan or employer who'd give her evil orders. ...that might mean she's a runaway ninja but, so far, she's blown up anybody trying to get her back.

Ricka Draws
2023-12-29, 07:54 AM
Wow there's a lot of interest

samduke
2023-12-29, 08:00 AM
The Races (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/) page also has a handy table. Those that are marked as # should be assumed to not get the extra Racial Feat.

A standard human strait from the link you provided as well as all other core races have no (00) RP

So are you telling me (US) that ALL of the Core Races, all of which do not have a (#) are using the Creating a new race rules for determining their RP?

now I am going to point out that no where in the big 16 does it state we are to use the Creating New Races rules to determine (RP) link: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races/#example

Examples
Presented below are some examples of races designed with the race builder. PC members of such races, however, calculate these benefits based solely on their class. Note that these races are only an approximation of their monstrous counterparts and may not match exactly.
Dwarf 11RP
Elf 10RP
Gnome 10RP
Half-Elf 10RP
Half-Orc 8RP
Halfling 9RP
Human 9RP

in Fact Rule #

stating that the human race takes RP is breaking that rule because the only way they get RP is through the custom races / creating new races rule

Escheton
2023-12-29, 08:24 AM
Think you may have your cause and effect mixed up there.
The race point system is a way to numerically express the difference in power of races outside the core ones.
In doing so, it also creates a system to express those baseline races. And group them by expressions of 10.
So yes, Humans have always had 9RP when expressed in this system. Which is the only system to express RP in PF1.
Before more powerful races became options, it was just not expressed as such. Which you seem to assume makes them 0 RP.
There is certainly logic in expressing them as such, but numerically it doesn't change anything other than needing to subtract 9 points off all other races when using the builder. And I don't think the racial feat equalizer is intended for Aasimar.

samduke
2023-12-29, 08:35 AM
Think you may have your cause and effect mixed up there.
The race point system is a way to numerically express the difference in power of races outside the core ones.
In doing so, it also creates a system to express those baseline races. And group them by expressions of 10.
So yes, Humans have always had 9RP when expressed in this system. Which is the only system to express RP in PF1.
Before more powerful races became options, it was just not expressed as such. Which you seem to assume makes them 0 RP.
There is certainly logic in expressing them as such, but numerically it doesn't change anything other than needing to subtract 9 points off all other races when using the builder. And I don't think the racial feat equalizer is intended for Aasimar.

I think the point I was making is that unless one was to look at custom/creating new races under their EXAMPLES one would not see the RP assigned Core races and even they make the notation Presented below are some examples of races designed with the race builder, which by default is creating a custom race regardless.

and I was only using the Aasimir to note the lack of (00) RP after every core race under the normal SRD entries

lastly while your input is noted this is a GM thing .

Apogee1
2023-12-29, 09:17 AM
Let's see how the rolls pan out:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

samduke
2023-12-29, 09:27 AM
@GM

RE: 16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

I will ask if the above underlined includes Occult Classes & Psionic Classes
if yes then here are the Requests

Occult: Kineticist
Psionic: Marksman

Infernally Clay
2023-12-29, 09:39 AM
Rollies!

[roll0] (6+4+4 = 14)
[roll1] (6+5+5 = 16)
[roll2] (6+5+2 = 13)
[roll3] (6+4+3 = 13)
[roll4] (5+5+5 = 15)
[roll5] (4+3+3 = 10)
[roll6] (5+3+1 = 9)

Depending on the rolls I may go for a Paladin/Unchained Barbarian, a very charismatic and powerful tribal warlord who believes he was chosen by divine decree to lead others to greatness.

Ah, the best three command doesn't work with all the rolls laid out... So it's... 16, 15, 14, 13, 13, 10. A little lower than I would have liked but nothing I can't work with

Yep, I will make a Solar Ifrit Paladin/Unchained Barbarian. As a 6 RP race I'll pick up a feat to compensate, because the aesthetics are just so awesome.

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 09:51 AM
A standard human strait from the link you provided as well as all other core races have no (00) RP

So are you telling me (US) that ALL of the Core Races, all of which do not have a (#) are using the Creating a new race rules for determining their RP?

now I am going to point out that no where in the big 16 does it state we are to use the Creating New Races rules to determine (RP) link: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races/#example

in Fact Rule #8. stating that the human race takes RP is breaking that rule because the only way they get RP is through the custom races / creating new races rule

At the place I linked, each of the Core and Featured Races has it's stated RP, which, while based on Creating New Races page, aren't found there, and are handily in a table rather than listed in sequence at the bottom. I don't see where one 'takes' or is 'getting' RP. My communication skills might need work.

@GM

RE: 16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

I will ask if the above underlined includes Occult Classes & Psionic Classes
if yes then here are the Requests

Occult: Kineticist
Psionic: Marksman

Occult classes are standard, and can be used, though I'll be honest in that I haven't really checked them out in much detail. Psionics are an additional rules system, and are therefore not available.

Ricka Draws
2023-12-29, 10:49 AM
@GM, thoughts about bladed brush, slashing Grace and magus spellstrike?

I like the style of a polearm wielding magus

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 11:00 AM
@GM, thoughts about bladed brush, slashing Grace and magus spellstrike?

I like the style of a polearm wielding magus

It should work, noting that Bladed Brush is a Feat specific to Shelyn. I also like the aesthetic and am disappointed I did not think of it first.

Speaking of, we're using the Pathfinder pantheon.

samduke
2023-12-29, 11:04 AM
@Gm

Request 3rd party black powder hood - Slayer

Infernally Clay
2023-12-29, 11:28 AM
Hmm... Oh right, Paladins can't multiclass as Barbarians because of alignment and you did say alignment was a thing to adhere to.

Maybe I'll make an Unchained Barbarian//Bard instead, then, since it's similar enough for the concept to work and there's some nice synergy between the Bard's Dirge of Doom and the Barbarian's Terrifying Howl. I won't be able to cast spells in most combats but most Bard spells are more useful outside of combat anyway.

Frendle
2023-12-29, 11:58 AM
Dice rolls inc

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Ricka Draws
2023-12-29, 12:30 PM
The idea is a devout of Shelyn magus who uses frostbite instead of shocking grasp with a glaive paired with a full bab class, either fighter or swashbuckler or maybe brawler, gotta read their archetypes

May add enforcer or something as I do non letal damage, it's Shelyn after all

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-29, 01:29 PM
You didn't say how we were handling HP so I am gonna assume roll or avg

If its roll I will roll here.

[roll0]

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 01:39 PM
You didn't say how we were handling HP so I am gonna assume roll or avg

If its roll I will roll here.

[roll0]

Looks like I forgot. I did mean for it to be high average (i.e. d10 becomes 6), with ful at first level as per rules.

Escheton
2023-12-29, 01:57 PM
Hmm... Oh right, Paladins can't multiclass as Barbarians because of alignment and you did say alignment was a thing to adhere to.

Maybe I'll make an Unchained Barbarian//Bard instead, then, since it's similar enough for the concept to work and there's some nice synergy between the Bard's Dirge of Doom and the Barbarian's Terrifying Howl. I won't be able to cast spells in most combats but most Bard spells are more useful outside of combat anyway.

Grey Paladin (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/gray-paladin-paladin-archetype/) (an ex LG paladin archetype) can be NG, which qualifies the non-lawful requirement of Barbarian. But would require specific staggering of classes and maybe a background inclusion.

Furious Guardian (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/furious-guardian/) might also be interesting to look into as a Prestige, depending on why you want to combo the two.

Bloodragers don't have alignment prereqs, btw.

tonberryking
2023-12-29, 02:03 PM
Can we roll hit die and THEN chose high average if the rolls all suck? I’m assuming not (and was going to take average myself) but no harm in asking, right?

Also did they never adopt Paladin of freedom for Pathfinder? I’m not the DM but it would be a fairly easy conversion since it changed like two things: the alignment and select auras. That’s easy to swap even in PF…

Athaleon
2023-12-29, 02:12 PM
Can we roll hit die and THEN chose high average if the rolls all suck? I’m assuming not (and was going to take average myself) but no harm in asking, right?

Also did they never adopt Paladin of freedom for Pathfinder? I’m not the DM but it would be a fairly easy conversion since it changed like two things: the alignment and select auras. That’s easy to swap even in PF…

If the dice hate you, you can opt for Point-Buy of 20.

You can request 3rd party materials, so long as it doesn't involve a new rules system, or a new spell list or some other homework for me.

I don't know of a PF equivalent to a Chaotic Good Paladin (that isnt Spheres) offhand, but if a 3rd party one exists you could request it.

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-29, 02:19 PM
Looks like I forgot. I did mean for it to be high average (i.e. d10 becomes 6), with ful at first level as per rules.

Added that to the first post.

Kaena Brae (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2865983) still a work in progress I put a (*) on a custom made magic item. Its kind just a very useful spell to have around, but also works with the theme of the character

tonberryking
2023-12-29, 02:26 PM
It wasn’t for me in as much as it was for the guy who asked about non LG paladins…

Escheton
2023-12-29, 02:27 PM
@GM: If a class ability gives a combat feat that no longer exists when using Elephant in the Room, can it be replaced with any other combat feat?
Or does there need to be some back and forth on what thematically fits like the given feat does?
For instance, Unchained Rogue grants Weapon Finesse.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-29, 03:04 PM
Grey Paladin (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/gray-paladin-paladin-archetype/) (an ex LG paladin archetype) can be NG, which qualifies the non-lawful requirement of Barbarian. But would require specific staggering of classes and maybe a background inclusion.

Furious Guardian (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/furious-guardian/) might also be interesting to look into as a Prestige, depending on why you want to combo the two.

Bloodragers don't have alignment prereqs, btw.

Thanks but I think I'll stick with the Barbarian//Bard idea. I hadn't really considered that once you start stacking Rage buffs with Smite buffs and other things like Power Attack you're easily offsetting any penalties while boosting any benefits. A Monk//Barbarian isn't going to be able to keep up with something like that and we're meant to be building our characters around that kind of level.

That's why I didn't go with Bard//Druid because, even though I'd love to play the Pathfinder equivalent of a Fochlucan Lyrist, a full caster and a half caster in one character is going to be so ridiculously more powerful than a Monk//Barbarian that they'd never get picked for the game.

Bard, on the other hand, doesn't actually add much by way of power to a straight Barbarian. It compliments a Barbarian trying to scare the legs off anything they're fighting and offers some nice party wide buffs everyone can enjoy, but most of what the Bard offers is out of combat utility. Good skills, handy spells, that sort of thing.

samduke
2023-12-29, 03:38 PM
@Gm

@gm think you may have missed this

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 04:15 PM
@Gm

Approved.

I will go with a no. Rolling is not available, just take the (high) average.

Added that to the first post.

Kaena Brae (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2865983) still a work in progress I put a (*) on a custom made magic item. Its kind just a very useful spell to have around, but also works with the theme of the character

I think that Moment of Greatness and Continuous don't really work well. Most Constant items (Like Feather Step and Bracers of Falcon's Aim) were nerfed a bunch. A bit too much, in my opinion, but at the same time, having all your morale bonuses potentially always doubled is not as cheap as 4000 gp. My suggested compromises would be either that you need to reactivate it as a (Standard) action after use, or to have a cooldown or similar restriction. It could be once per rage, or I could take cues from Dispel Magic and say it's 1d4 rounds until it comes back on.

@GM: If a class ability gives a combat feat that no longer exists when using Elephant in the Room, can it be replaced with any other combat feat?
Or does there need to be some back and forth on what thematically fits like the given feat does?
For instance, Unchained Rogue grants Weapon Finesse.

My usual rule is that Weapon Finesse in such a case would be replaced with Weapon Focus instead. But if you prefer a different combat Feat, I'm fine with that.

Palanan
2023-12-29, 04:32 PM
...could someone remind me what the code is to roll 4d6 best 3?

Can't seem to get it to work, must be missing something.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-29, 04:49 PM

It's just 4d6b3.

JNAProductions
2023-12-29, 04:51 PM

Use 4d6b3[.roll] replacing the . with /

Edit: You also cannot preview a post with rolls or edit rolls in. That messes it up.

[roll]4d6b3

See?

Palanan
2023-12-29, 04:59 PM
Much appreciated, thanks. Let's try this again:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Edit: Ta-daaa!

Triskavanski
2023-12-29, 05:50 PM
Only 3rd party stuff I'd want is the legendary Vigilante stuff, specifically the feats that increase the ability to use the Warlock Vigilante's manabolt weapons.

Specifically what I'm looking at is

Charismatic Caster - Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Makes the Warlock a cha based spontaneous caster
Explosive Bolts- Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Makes Mystic bolts able to splash, dealing damage in an small area with reflex save
Sniper Bolts - Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Increases the range of mystic bolts by 15 feet, and further as level increases
Mystic Accuracy - Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Adds Cha to damage (Because of Charismatic Caster) of mystic bolts and allows them to be paired up with some other feats like clustered shots
Vigilante Casting Savant - Legendary Vigilantes - Allows one to pick up one more vigilante talent. The feat can only be taken once.

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-29, 06:03 PM
Approved.

I think that Moment of Greatness and Continuous don't really work well. Most Constant items (Like Feather Step and Bracers of Falcon's Aim) were nerfed a bunch. A bit too much, in my opinion, but at the same time, having all your morale bonuses potentially always doubled is not as cheap as 4000 gp. My suggested compromises would be either that you need to reactivate it as a (Standard) action after use, or to have a cooldown or similar restriction. It could be once per rage, or I could take cues from Dispel Magic and say it's 1d4 rounds until it comes back on.

I can just remove it. At that point its basically useless. Free action to Rage(Serenity), Move +Take a standard activate, wait a full turn, then attack and the first attack gets the bonus. (+4 to atk and dmg). To use it would just kill action economy. My character would have to pass every other turn to use it which just doesn't really work.

Kallimakus
2023-12-29, 06:25 PM
Specifically what I'm looking at is

Charismatic Caster - Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Makes the Warlock a cha based spontaneous caster
Explosive Bolts- Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Makes Mystic bolts able to splash, dealing damage in an small area with reflex save
Sniper Bolts - Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Increases the range of mystic bolts by 15 feet, and further as level increases
Mystic Accuracy - Legendary Villains: Vigilantes - Adds Cha to damage (Because of Charismatic Caster) of mystic bolts and allows them to be paired up with some other feats like clustered shots
Vigilante Casting Savant - Legendary Vigilantes - Allows one to pick up one more vigilante talent. The feat can only be taken once.

I'll need to go with a no here. It doesn't seem to be on the SRD, and adding a whole wealth of extra options is much.

I can just remove it. At that point its basically useless. Free action to Rage(Serenity), Move +Take a standard activate, wait a full turn, then attack and the first attack gets the bonus. (+4 to atk and dmg). To use it would just kill action economy. My character would have to pass every other turn to use it which just doesn't really work.

Hence my alternate suggestion that it comes online automatically after you have taken 1d4 rounds. You don't need to spend an action, but it might not be there when you want it.

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-29, 07:08 PM
Hence my alternate suggestion that it comes online automatically after you have taken 1d4 rounds. You don't need to spend an action, but it might not be there when you want it.

Yeah, its a good little boost of accuracy and dmg for sure. i can afford it even if its inconsistent.

samduke
2023-12-29, 08:07 PM
okay Beth (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866120) should be good to go

High Concept: Gun slinging water shaman
Trouble: a bit vain, takes herself a little to serious at times
Another character: This can be a PC if selected otherwise - Octavia

Hellfire014
2023-12-29, 08:57 PM
After some thought, I think I'll keep the spirit of my 19pb rolls, and just bump an 8 to a 9 to make it 20pb. Thinking Magus // Witch, with an emphasis on curses.

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-30, 12:03 AM
I do believe Kaena is fully done.

Escheton
2023-12-30, 12:12 PM
I do believe Kaena is fully done.

Then we have our baseline. Would you mind running us past some of your mechanics, combos, powerspikes and such?
Just something so we can have a quick look at bullet points to gauge the difference. For precise tweaking we can do some deepdiving (or just edit when selected).

TheAlmightyKue
2023-12-30, 12:37 PM
Then we have our baseline. Would you mind running us past some of your mechanics, combos, powerspikes and such?
Just something so we can have a quick look at bullet points to gauge the difference. For precise tweaking we can do some deepdiving (or just edit when selected).
I mean Kaena is a monk with some barbarian mechanics. Nothing too high tier I more liked the concept of the character than the build potential. I am ok with people being stronger and more capable, its going to happen if anyone is a higher tier class. I just don't want to become so irrelevant that I could sit out encounters and no one would notice.

Serenity boosts Dex and Wis instead of Con and Str, for a Monk thats really good. Meaning when Kaena enters their trance they get a little more tanky and hit a little more often and do a little more damage. Its boost to their consistency for sure. But its not a ton its the boost of a +3 weapon, and a mage armor, for a few rounds per day (20 rds per day). At lvl 8 a +2 armor or weapon is normal, I have a +1 Amulet of Mighty Fist, and the ability to go into a trance to boost that to a +3 for a few rounds. I do have the set up for a Rage Cycle, so dropping out of the trance is not crippling for me and I could re-enter it if needed so long as I have the rds left per day.

My ki abilities are simple, barkskin (boost to NA), a 1d6 electrical fist ability, and the dimension door ability. So Kaena is very mobile and deals descent damage.
If all of my flurry hit it would be 1d10+7(Dex+trait+AoMF)+1(Hammer the Gap)+6(Power Attack) [19 avg]; 1d10+1d6(Electrical)+1d6(Jabbing Style)+7(Dex+trait+AoMF)+3(Hammer the Gap)+6(Power Attack) [28 avg]; 1d10+1d6(Electric)+1d6(Jabbing)+7(D+T+AoMF)+6(HTG) +6(PA) [31 avg] [78 avg for the full round]
This is without trance and without my magical item that lets one of my attacks very 1d4 rounds double the trances boost
With my trance and the boost from the bracers of greatness its a boost of +2 to +4 on the first attack, and +2 to all following attacks.(84-86 avg for the full round)

So nothing that would break the board, its just a bit more consistent and a bit more powerful than the average monk. Next level at lvl 9 I do plan on taking Jabbing Master which would turn those +1d6 into +2d6 for the second hit and +4d6 for the third which would boost the damage a little bit. The reason I was ever going to use the morale boosting item was to make the average dmg per round to be more consistent on damage output, but the compromise is good and still lets us hit that 84-86 avg which is good enough. Its more HP than I have.
I would have grabbed it currently, but it requires lvl 8 monk and I don't have a feat slot for lvl 8. If I could have picked it as my retroactive lvl 7 it would have changed up my rage powers a bit. But oh well.

Zarthrax
2023-12-30, 03:47 PM
Posting for interest.

Thunder999
2023-12-30, 05:10 PM
Didn't notice this had a GM

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

tonberryking
2023-12-30, 05:43 PM
@Thealmightyklue

As long as we're sharing...

Randa has spell strike, sneak attack, and a big kukri with Keen.

So let's take an "average" knife assault from her, assuming she gets the drop on someone: With Burning hands mixed into spell strike, that's (1d4+6(dex/wpn. enhancement)+1d6 (flame enchantment)+4d6(sneak attack)+5d4(BH)) That becomes x2 if she crits. She could easily do between 30-50 damage, some of it elemental if all of this is affected by the critical.

ScrambledBrains
2023-12-30, 06:55 PM
Forgive me if this has already been decided and I just can't find it. Is Path of War allowed?

Kallimakus
2023-12-30, 07:13 PM
Forgive me if this has already been decided and I just can't find it. Is Path of War allowed?

No Path of War, no Psionics, no Spheres, no other weird rules systems, sorry. Simple Feats or archetypes from 3rd parties are case-by-case, preferably stuff on the SRD.

I'll try to post on the setting tomorrow.

Infernally Clay
2023-12-30, 08:05 PM
Okay, in hindsight, I'm going to go back and make that Druid//Bard. I just really like the theme and it's such a unique combination. It's a lot of spellcasting but, when I think about it, neither class is really about damage. Druids are more about controlling the battlefield and Bards are about buffing allies. Such a character would be a strong support caster but would generally rely on others to deal the damage. I think that's a good niche to try to fit into.

Talivan
2023-12-31, 02:32 AM
That depends on the mystery.

Void (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/kobold-press-oracle-mysteries/void/) Mystery

Also, requesting Strange Revelation (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats-3rd-party-kobold-press/strange-revelation) Feat

Benoojian
2023-12-31, 02:12 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Infernally Clay
2023-12-31, 03:53 PM
Getting there with my Bardic Druid (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866529). Mechanically she should just about be done.

She is basically a pure support caster. Some quite nice buffs, like a +3 to attack and damage through Inspire Courage and an additional +2 through Good Hope which stacks with it, and of course the classics like Haste. Arcane Concordance will be a massive boon to any other arcane spellcasters in the group by increasing the DC of their spells and allowing them to add free metamagic effects.

She does have an animal companion, a huge wolf, but even he is built more for durability than damage with a lot of hit points and some damage reduction to boot. Of course she's a Druid so she can wildshape into huge animals too and her armour affords her a very nice AC boost when she does, plus she can still cast spells in that form.

As you'd expect of someone with high charisma and wisdom she's pretty skilled outside of combat. She has quite good modifiers for all the knowledge skills, which should come in handy, plus she can take 10 on any of them for a guaranteed result of 20.

So she'll make everyone else hit harder, make their spells harder to resist and she'll make it as difficult as she can for enemies to do things themselves.

Talivan
2023-12-31, 04:03 PM
Astrid Lightbringer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866453) is WIP

Athaleon
2023-12-31, 04:05 PM
Currently considering a couple of concepts, maybe our DM and 1st player can weigh in on which they like the look of better. Oddly enough, both are envisioned to belong to monastic orders combining arcane and martial prowess.

1: Unchained Monk (Maneuver Master) 1 / Fighter (Lore Warden) 7 // Wizard 8. The Fighter side emphasizes combat maneuvers (thanks to the Feat Tax refund) more than pure damage, while the Wizard side can be either Summoning focused (if our GM is okay with it), or can be more of a generalist utility caster otherwise. Plenty of skill points here that can go to a wide range of Knowledge skills.

2: Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 / Paladin (Virtuous Bravo) 7 // Sorcerer 8 (Crossblooded Phoenix + Draconic). Another finesse-based melee combatant, less damage again but tougher. The caster side is highly focused on fire blasting, which with the Phoenix Bloodline makes them also usable for healing. The few skill points here will of course go towards Social skills.

pi4t
2023-12-31, 04:36 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

I'm thinking of making an oracle//mesmerist, with the deaf curse refluffed as being deaf/mute. Focussing on debuffs, with the mesmerist's stare debuffing will saves.

Escheton
2024-01-01, 05:54 AM
@GM: Requesting use of the rare cantrip Penumbra (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/rare-cantrips#TOC-Penumbra) for a Kobold Sorcerer with Light Sensitivity.

The start of a Table (don't currently have the time to do more than the mock up, but it's time for one. So please add yourself and others if you have the spoons):

PlayerCharacterGestalt Side AGestalt Side BRaceRole/ConceptCompleteSubmission Post
EschetonSkit the Glib (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2866123)Sorcerer 8UC Rogue4/Antipaladin3/Bard1KoboldFace/Fear/Very nice/Debuff/TrapsWIPNone yet (Dead link)

Oh, and for formatting I think it's best to divide the gestalt sides based on letter count. Not importance.

pi4t
2024-01-01, 07:33 AM
@GM: I'm thinking of making my oracle//mesmerist a sort of sentient shadow, Peter Pan style. Shadow mystery, Shadowbound oracle curse (via dual-cursed - I still like the idea of the deaf/mute concept). I have two requests.

The Mesmerist has an archetype for shadows (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/occult-adventures/occult-classes/mesmerist/archetypes/paizo-llc-mesmerist-archetypes/umbral-mesmerist-mesmerist-archetype/), but unfortunately it's really, really bad. Basically, you give up some of the mesmerist's key abilities for a shadow-conjuration style version of the summon monster class feature of the summoner. Only unlike the summoner, you only go up to summon monster VI, meaning that even if the enemy fails its will save against the shadow conjuration the enemies you're summoning are still really weak.

Would it be possible to buff the umbral mesmerist to have the summon monster progression of a summoner? (If not, that's fine - I'll just play a vanilla mesmerist instead.)

Second, could I make my character a Fetchling (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-fetchling)? It's under "other races" due to its high RP, but I'd be happy to drop one or two abilities if necessary.

Kallimakus
2024-01-01, 02:24 PM
Void (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/kobold-press-oracle-mysteries/void/) Mystery

Also, requesting Strange Revelation (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/kobold-press/general-feats-3rd-party-kobold-press/strange-revelation) Feat

The Feat is fine, the Mystery seems... wrong. I'm going to say no to that, rather than try to fix the problem revelations.

@GM: Requesting use of the rare cantrip Penumbra (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/rare-cantrips#TOC-Penumbra) for a Kobold Sorcerer with Light Sensitivity.

Approved. And thanks for the table.

Currently considering a couple of concepts, maybe our DM and 1st player can weigh in on which they like the look of better. Oddly enough, both are envisioned to belong to monastic orders combining arcane and martial prowess.

1: Unchained Monk (Maneuver Master) 1 / Fighter (Lore Warden) 7 // Wizard 8. The Fighter side emphasizes combat maneuvers (thanks to the Feat Tax refund) more than pure damage, while the Wizard side can be either Summoning focused (if our GM is okay with it), or can be more of a generalist utility caster otherwise. Plenty of skill points here that can go to a wide range of Knowledge skills.

2: Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 / Paladin (Virtuous Bravo) 7 // Sorcerer 8 (Crossblooded Phoenix + Draconic). Another finesse-based melee combatant, less damage again but tougher. The caster side is highly focused on fire blasting, which with the Phoenix Bloodline makes them also usable for healing. The few skill points here will of course go towards Social skills

I think either of those two will work. A slight preference towards the first over second from me.

@Pi4tI'm fine with that change since you're giving up those tricks, and get Diminished Spellcasting.

At the depths of the Untill, a dark, nearly impenetrable forest, an expedition has vanished, and someone needs to find out what happened. Supposedly there to gather rare Darkwood that grows in the depths of the forest, a vast reward has been offered for investigating this. The forest itself is largely unexplored, traversed only along rivers that offer a path beyond its edge. Those that have ventured into its depths speak of an ancient civilization swallowed by the forest.

For some, this might be a simple job for the reward itself. For others, the employer's noble rank and standing in the capital, being viscount Meryl Kopis, whose favour might carry weight in the capital city of Malarholm. Another motivator is his willingness to hire anyone for the job. Willing to look away from any suspicious individuals.

The Stormlands
Bordered to the North by the Untill Forest, to the West by the Dragonspine Mountains, to the South by an increasingly dry desert, and to the East by the sea, the Stormlands are a pocket of civilization. Initially settled by sailors blown to land by the seasonal tempest that herald every spring, and grew to accommodate the local population of civilized humanoids. The central city is Malarholm, at the locus of waterways that bring in resources and people from across the sheltered realm.

The fashionable armaments are rapiers and smallswords, and firearms. Older and local traditions persist outside the capital. Monastic orders in remote places, local militias and individual fighting instructors.

Outside the cities and the central flatlands, the area remains untrained. Nomadic orc tribes in the desert, goblins, kobolds and beastkin in the woods, and roaming monsters are more common than people would like when they leave their lairs.

Palanan
2024-01-01, 02:35 PM
Strong interest here. I have a concept worked out, a backstory written up and a sheet almost finished.

DM, can you give us a sense of the major languages in play? I assume that Malari is the equivalent of Common, but are there other languages we should be aware of?

Kallimakus
2024-01-01, 03:00 PM
Strong interest here. I have a concept worked out, a backstory written up and a sheet almost finished.

DM, can you give us a sense of the major languages in play? I assume that Malari is the equivalent of Common, but are there other languages we should be aware of?

Common and dwarven are the regional main languages. Gnomes and halflings are also reasonably common. Those that deal with the desert orcs might find speaking their tongue to be an advantage. Many forest creatures speak Sylvan over the common tongue.

For dealing with ordinary folks, Common is sufficient.

pi4t
2024-01-01, 03:00 PM
@Pi4tI'm fine with that change since you're giving up those tricks, and get Diminished Spellcasting.

Thanks! I think you were writing that post when I edited mine, and you missed my request for the Fetchling, by the way.

Kallimakus
2024-01-01, 03:50 PM
Right. For Fetchling, it's fine. It should be a Featured Race in any case.

Benoojian
2024-01-01, 05:55 PM
I am building something a little strange, basically a Psychic/Wizard, but with Faith Discipline to gain spontaneous cure spells and Samsaran Mystic Past Lives adding cure spells to his Wizard side, so he is going to act like a Cleric. Maybe even pretend to be a Cleric.

Hjolnai
2024-01-02, 01:45 AM
Is this still open to new interest?

I have a concept for a half-orc who deserted his company because he has at least half a conscience. Absolutely not a fair fighter, but he'll respect non-combatants, let people surrender etc (they won't get to keep their stuff though).

A skill monkey and frontline fighter with classes Skulking Slayer (URogue) // Fighter.

Half-orc has 8 RP. I'm looking at the Orc/Half-Orc feat Surprise Follow-Through (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/surprise-follow-through-combat-orc-half-orc) for the bonus racial feat. I'm planning to combine that (and its improved version) with Flensing Strike (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/flensing-strike/) and URogue's Debilitating Injury to debuff tightly grouped enemies. For single targets, dirty tricks are the order of the day.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Triskavanski
2024-01-02, 07:56 AM
Here is what I'm thinking

Kitsune Vigilante Stalker | Psychic Wordcaster Sorcerer.

pi4t
2024-01-02, 10:06 AM

Protective Penumbra (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protective-penumbra/) does basically the same thing as a level 2 spell, FYI.

pi4t
2024-01-02, 02:14 PM
PlayerCharacterGestalt Side AGestalt Side BRaceRole/ConceptCompleteSubmission Post
EschetonSkit the Glib (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2866123)Sorcerer 8UC Rogue4/Antipaladin3/Bard1KoboldFace/Fear/Very nice/Debuff/TrapsWIPNone yet (Dead link)
pi4tLily (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866992)Shadow Oracle 8Umbral Mesmerist 8ShadowAnimated shadow of a famous adventurer; shadow magicWIPNone yet (Dead link)

Double posting to add myself to the table.

samduke
2024-01-02, 05:28 PM
Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Skit the Glib (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2866123)
Sorcerer 8
UC Rogue4/Antipaladin3/Bard1
Kobold
Face/Fear/Very nice/Debuff/Traps
WIP

pi4t
Lily (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866992)
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
Animated shadow of a famous adventurer; shadow magic
WIP
[/td]

Samduke
Beth (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866120)
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic,
Completed

-
None yet (Dead link)
-
-
-
-
-

added myself to the table

High Concept: Gun slinging water shaman
Trouble: a bit vain, takes herself a little to serious at times
Another character: This can be a Fellow PC if selected otherwise - Octavia

Palanan
2024-01-02, 06:30 PM
DM, would it be permissible to use the first level of the Noble class from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting?

This would be for a first-level NPC associate of my character’s, and the Noble affords better opportunities for RP than the Pathfinder aristocrat.

Escheton
2024-01-03, 12:10 AM
Protective Penumbra (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/protective-penumbra/) does basically the same thing as a level 2 spell, FYI.

I'd argue that the difference between "-1 penalty to perception" and "bursting into flame and dying" is of import in that distinction.
The cantrip protects against light, the spell against the sun. Shining a flashlight on a Vampire won't kill it. But go on I guess.

pi4t
2024-01-03, 03:00 PM
Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
Complete
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic,
Completed

-
None yet (Dead link)
-
-
-
-
-

Lily is now completed!

https://imgur.com/SGg0733

High concept: The shadow of a famous adventurer

Another Character:
Astrid Hannora, a famous swashbuckler//bard. Astrid is a skilled adventurer, but also has an arrogant streak a mile long. She's superficially charming, but loves being admired and will do almost anything to improve her reputation, including outright lying about her adventures and smearing her rivals. That said, she does also have a conscience, and will do genuinely heroic things from time to time - when it occurs to her to do them.
Lily is Astrid's shadow, wrenched away from her and animated while she was exploring a ruin. As far as Lily is aware, Astrid is unaware of her existence, and may not even have noticed that her shadow is missing![/QUOTE]

Trouble:
As a side effect of her nature, Lily is both deaf and mute. In fact, she's unable to make any sounds at all with her body, although she can make sounds with objects she's holding and sometimes uses her flute to communicate. Although she can't hear it, she can remember sounds from Astrid's memories.

Background:
A few months ago, Astrid Hannora was exploring an ancient dwarven ruin in the Untill when she triggered an esoteric magical spell. In the days of old the dwarves who live in the Dragonspire Mountains developed great skill in magic, and used it to rule an empire that stretched across the Stormlands and the Untill forest. This particular ruin belonged to a group of dwarves who specialised in shadow magic, and the spell that Astrid triggered was designed to be used on prisoners, separating them from their shadows for future experimentation. Astrid's shadow was pulled from her, and trapped in a magically-dampened cage a few feet away. Astrid herself was unharmed and went on her way happily after looting the ruin's treasury, not noticing the silent yells of the shadowy figure behind the cage's bars.

The shadow was freed some time later by another lost adventurer who stumbled across the ruin. Once out of the cage, she found she was able to travel through shadows, quickly bringing both her and her saviour out of the Untill. Although somewhat scarred by her imprisonment, she recovered quickly, but felt little inclination to reunite with Astrid. Taking the name Lily, she set off with the adventurer who rescued her, in search of more adventures.

Description:
Lily has the appearance of a young half elven woman with long hair - specifically, the appearance of Astrid Hannora. However, her whole body is made of some dark substance which reflects almost no light. Even her clothing and possessions take on this shadowy appearance once she's held them for a while. The one exception are her eyes, which glow faintly with a light whose colour varies depending on her mood.

Personality:
Lily is still trying to work out who she is, having only been "born" a few months ago. She has all of Astrid's memories up to the point of the separation, but they feel distant, like experiences she's heard about from someone else rather than her own memories. She's very different in personality to Astrid - she's a bit shy and reserved, but is genuinely friendly to anyone she opens up to.

Mechanical notes for the GM:
I made a few minor decisions which I should run by you first, as they're not technically in the rules.
Lily is mechanically a fetchling, but is fluffed as a sentient shadow and not a fetchling. If fetchlings exist in the setting, they're a completely different species.
Relatedly, I chose elven and dwarven for Lily's bonus languages, even though they aren't on the list of fetchling languages, to match with what Astrid (a half-elf) knows.
I combined muleback cords and a cloak of resistance into a single item, with the standard +50% cost for the less expensive enchantment.

Story notes:
I did a bit of worldbuilding, but I'm happy to change anything that doesn't fit the setting. I made the ancient magical empire dwarven just because it's normally elves and I thought it would be interesting variety, but any small ancient group which specialised in shadow magic would work.
I'm anticipating that the adventurer who freed me will be one of the other PCs, thus giving us a bit of shared backstory. If no one is interested, I can rewrite it to have Lily free herself. But that needs to wait until character selections have been made.
Astrid could have been on the original expedition that we're trying to track down. Depending on how long ago that expedition set off, the incident that created Lily could even have been part of that expedition.

Talivan
2024-01-03, 03:17 PM
Adding myself to the table:

Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
Complete
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic,
Completed

Talivan
Astrid (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866453)
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

-
None yet (Dead link)
-
-
-
-
-

Triskavanski
2024-01-03, 03:35 PM
One of these times I'll be able to build my gunslinger Kasatha

pi4t
2024-01-03, 03:54 PM
Adding a link to my submission post to the table:

Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
Complete (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25939204&postcount=113)
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic,
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

-
None yet (Dead link)
-
-
-
-
-

Wait, Talivan, you called your character Astrid? That's embarassing...I might have to rename the adventurer Lily is a shadow of. Unless you want to switch things around and have Lily be your shadow.

Kallimakus
2024-01-03, 04:13 PM
DM, would it be permissible to use the first level of the Noble class from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting?

This would be for a first-level NPC associate of my character’s, and the Noble affords better opportunities for RP than the Pathfinder aristocrat.

I'm going to need a link to that.

I'll be making the selections some time next week. Probably Thursday-ish. So I'm going to call Wednesday a week from now the deadline for submissions.

Benoojian
2024-01-03, 05:57 PM
Do we get favored class bonuses for both sides of the gestalt?

Escheton
2024-01-03, 06:46 PM
Wait, Talivan, you called your character Astrid? That's embarassing...I might have to rename the adventurer Lily is a shadow of. Unless you want to switch things around and have Lily be your shadow.

Whoever ends up (PC or NPC) being your Peter Pan. The Umbral Unmasking (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/drawbacks/umbral-unmasking/) drawback would be VERY fitting for them.

pi4t
2024-01-03, 07:36 PM
Whoever ends up (PC or NPC) being your Peter Pan. The Umbral Unmasking (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/drawbacks/umbral-unmasking/) drawback would be VERY fitting for them.

Indeed. After some thought, I also took it for myself - a shadow shouldn't herself have a shadow!

Talivan
2024-01-04, 06:53 PM
That will be a good idea, I will have a shadow

Athaleon
2024-01-05, 02:07 AM
I think either of those two will work. A slight preference towards the first over second from me.

I'll go with the first concept then. I was leaning towards making him an Elf anyways, perhaps with a personal interest in investigating the ancient civilization rumored lost in the Untill as the origin of his people and/or his monastic order. Thinking about making the Wizard side a Pact Wizard who wants to undo the disastrous pact that damned the Order, and free its last remaining members.

Benoojian
2024-01-05, 03:12 PM
So a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

While building Ryan Strong (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866998) the Psychic//Wizard, the character became obsessed with the Magic Missile spell, specifically as a vehicle for Metamagic debuffs. He spent years perfecting his force spells, being able to cast his modified missiles both prepared and spontaneously. As a Samsaran, his past lives give him access to memories of when magic was more primitive, practically a barely ordered blast of power than had to be shaped in an instant to have any effect. He can shape his magic missiles not only into debuffing blasts but through the Faith discipline into healing energy(a limited number of times a day). He is researching the source of magic, and tearing down the myths of separation between Arcane/Divine/Psychic, It's all just energy and a question of who's doing most of the shaping.

Yas392
2024-01-06, 09:34 AM
Adding the sheet (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2868391) of Justice Halleway, phantom thief rogue/adaptive shifter extraordinaire who stir minor troubles and chased by family-hired bounty hunter to retrieve and return him to his rightful spot as heir that he ditched.

Palanan
2024-01-07, 01:13 PM
Still very interested, but server issues have made posting almost impossible for the past day or so. Will try to get something up later today or tomorrow.

Hjolnai
2024-01-08, 08:54 PM
Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
Complete (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25939204&postcount=113)
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic,
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Halfdan of Ulrach Ford (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2867447)
Fighter
Unchained Rogue (Skulking Slayer)
Half-Orc
Melee cleave and tricks, skills
WIP

-
None yet (Dead link)
-
-
-
-
-

Halfdan has been a mercenary for the last twenty years, a lieutenant in the kind of company that makes "mercenary" and "bandit" sound like the same word. Intimately familiar with the horrors of war, no one expected it (least of all him) when he finally snapped at the latest batch of prisoner executions. He rescued one of the prisoners, deserted the company and escaped.

Halfdan doesn't really know who he is any more. He's thrown away the only life he knows, and he can no longer consider himself "strong, fearless, ruthless". He'll have to update his self-image as he learns to be a different person.

He can expect trouble from old comrades, former enemies, and his own habits incompatible with a resuscitated conscience.

The sheet is nearly complete with just a few things left to fill in.

Palanan
2024-01-09, 01:02 AM
Here is İeniëssın (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2866494), elven oracle/sorcerer with a broad knowledge base and highly refined social skills.

Currently a traveling minstrel, he dreams of composing a grand epic cycle—but as another great bard once said, life is what happens while you’re making other plans.

_______

Concept: Elven dilettante and would-be epic poet searching for deeper inspiration.

Trouble: Late bloomer, easily distracted, difficulty finishing long-term goals.

More Trouble: Spent the past 150 years disappointing his family, and their patience has run out.

Associate: Dacy, his current musical assistant, who dreams of learning elven song-lore.

_______

İeni’s sheet is still WIP, but while I finish that, here’s his full background:

❋.......❋.......❋

Born with a flicker of holy grace, in due course İeniëssın was sent to the Temple of Golden Sparrows as an acolyte-in-training, with the expectation that he would become a caretaker of shrines—an honorable if unremarkable role.

But his progress was slow, and at best in a century or three he might earn a minor title in the temple hierarchy. It would be a mild disappointment for a family with a name and history as notable as his; but despite his natural wit and grace, he had no shred of skill with his peoples’ ancestral arms, and at least acolytes were only expected to engage in spiritual warfare. Others would carry on his family’s martial tradition; meanwhile he would be safe at the temple.

Unfortunately he found his meager role among the sparrows to be tedius and uninspiring. The days were mind-numbingly repetitive, monotonous ritual and observance when he craved dazzling variety; and the temple was stuffy and secluded when he most yearned for a bracing change of scene.

When he showed hints of innate arcane talent, it briefly seemed as if he might have a future as a practitioner of some kind; but again his family was disappointed, as his gifts were clearly stunted, and their source so feeble it could not even be guessed at.

By his nature unsuited for a life of holy service, and with other abilities barely worth the name, it seemed he could hardly disappoint his family any further—and then he announced he would become a composer of epic verse.

This might have been the most promising hope of all; his people had created masterpieces of the spoken word from the most ancient of days, and his own forebears had included notable weavers of verse. Yet once again he showed only middling talent despite his enthusiasm, and he seemed better suited to scattered background reading than efforts of sustained composition.

After years of research and struggle he managed a few minor works, which were politely received; but it seemed clear he was not destined to be a celebrated talent. The traditional elven methods of inspiration—meditating on legends of old, contemplating rain upon the leaves, walking starlit valleys beneath the dome of a winter’s night—brought him no joy, much less worthwhile insight.

İeniëssın spent the next forty or fifty years in a creative rut, picking at this or that obscure thread from history, following this or that fleeting fascination; but they all led nowhere, burning brightly for a season or two and then winking out like a spent meteor, falling dark and forgotten somewhere over the horizon.

And then, on yet another night of scribbles and empty pages, he wondered: why not let himself fall beyond the horizon as well?

His folk had always been wary of the advance of mortal races, keeping to the hidden depths of their forests and deflecting strangers when they could. Now he set forth with only a vague hint of sacred power, an even vaguer touch of indistinct arcana—and a surging conviction that he would find what he had always been lacking out there in the greater world.

There were challenges; mortals, he found, were not always reasonable or polite, especially with other individuals’ property. But he had a knack for picking up languages, and with no trace of the aloofness which his people so often showed, he found it surprisingly easy to circulate among the other peoples.

Sooner than he had imagined—barely a season or two as a wandering minstrel—he fell in with a motley pack of contrary, independent-minded, exceedingly difficult individuals. They were also clever, daring, inventive and irrepressibly dynamic, and he found them highly engaging subjects for observation.

There were some initial miscommunications; they seemed to expect his verses to mysteriously grant them battle-prowess, as if he were some dwarven skald. But they soon realized he could speak on their behalf far better than they could speak for themselves; and once he settled into that role he stayed with them for years, diligently chronicling their exploits and absorbing their quirks and camaraderie—and all too often saving their lives with what flickers of sacred energy he could muster.

Along the way he learned practical tricks of the arcane art, desperate shortcuts that mortals had discovered under great duress. As he made use of them himself, he realized that his much-derided arcane talent was not weak or feeble, but marvellously fluid and versatile, needing only the right perspective to unlock its manifold potential.

And then all too soon their company parted ways. They had aged, grown mellower, found mates and partners to settle down with, or merely found their way to a quieter life. Still his epic eluded him; but in the process of organizing his notes he wrote a quick chronicle of their years together, which to his surprise became popular with mortal readers when he had it copied and circulated. He adapted it for different audiences—playing up the steamy romance for humans, the pranks and merry songs for halflings, the dilemmas of oath and honor for dwarves—and he discovered the concept of royalties, and how easily authors were cheated out of them.

Yet still he believed he could accomplish far more, still believed a true epic was within his reach. He sought out group after group, sharing their dangers and recording their deeds—and then he happened upon the offspring of his first companions, now grown to adulthood and seeking adventure for themselves.

And finally it came to him: what he was meant to create was a generational epic, not of the elves—those tales had been told from time out of mind—but of all the mortal races, the swiftness and passion and fleeting moments of their frantic lives. Finally he felt himself on the verge of his great work, the story of the deeds of mortals as told by an elven composer, with highest elven technique and style.

All he needs now is to find one more group to journey with for a while—to chronicle and observe, and to safeguard while he does so—and then at last he will be ready to attain his centuries-old dream, and bring a unique work of profound insight and beauty into the world.

Palanan
2024-01-09, 10:02 AM
And here is Dacy (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2867395), runaway music student who is İeni’s latest roadie and would-be apprentice.

_______

Raised to be a proper young lady and educated at the best finishing schools, Adacia poured herself into her music—out of love for her art, and to distract herself from her inevitable strategic marriage to one of her father’s business associates.

But then one night she heard İeniëssın singing elven lais to a rapt audience, and she was entranced. Without thinking it through, she approached him after his performance—and found herself wandering country roads and cart-paths at İeni’s side, sleeping in caravanserais, performing backup strings and percussion, and learning more about elven song-craft than she had ever thought possible.

Throughout the past year on the road, Dacy has been sending the occasional letter home, routed through a trusted friend. Her parents think she’s at a prestigious musical conservatory, and she maintains this fiction as best she can; her letters are vague about her coursework but effusive about her new singing-master. She has no particular plan—her entire life was planned until now, and she is enjoying the freedom, the lore, and the reflected adulation; but already she dreams of a stellar musical career of her own.

Palanan
2024-01-09, 10:26 AM
Updated table:

Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Fighter
Half-Orc
WIP

Palanan
İeniëssın (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866494) and Dacy (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2867395)
Oracle/Sorcerer (mongrel mage)
-
elvenkind
Loremaster, Linguist, Diplomat, Performer, Healer/Arcane
İeni: getting there; Dacy: complete

happythais05
2024-01-09, 11:07 AM
Let's see how this shakes out. I like the shoring up of low RP races. Might go with kobold or goblin or such.[/QUOTE]

Athaleon
2024-01-10, 01:44 AM
Also updating table. Listing it as complete; at the time posting, all that's left is to spend remaining gold. Personality and background are listed in the sheet; I've taken some liberty with the setting by inventing Kelhedros' monastic order. It should at the very least give him ample motivation for this campaign.

Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Fighter
Half-Orc
WIP

Palanan
İeniëssın (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866494) and Dacy (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2867395)
-
elvenkind

Athaleon
Kelhedros (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866340)
U.Monk (Maneuver Master) 1 / Fighter (Lore Warden) 7
Wizard (Pact Wizard)
Elf
Melee Damage/Maneuvers, Arcane Utility/Control, Loremaster, Dark Face
Complete

Benoojian
2024-01-10, 06:58 PM
Adding myself to the table

Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Fighter
Half-Orc
WIP

Palanan
-
elvenkind

Athaleon
Wizard (Pact Wizard)
Elf
Complete

Benoojian
Ryan Strong (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866998)
Psychic 8
Wizard (Transmutation[Enhancement])
Samsaran
[td]Debuffing, Buffing, some Healing and Utility/td]
WIP

Infernally Clay
2024-01-10, 07:41 PM
Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Fighter
Half-Orc
WIP

Palanan
-
elvenkind

Athaleon
Wizard (Pact Wizard)
Elf
Complete

Benoojian
Psychic 8
Samsaran
Debuffing, Buffing, some Healing and Utility
WIP

Infernally Clay
Leif Fırisdotter (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2866529)
Bard 8
Druid 8
Human
Support magic, buffs, tanky animal companion
Mechanics are finished

I didn't even realise my character wasn't on this. Well there she is.

Hjolnai
2024-01-10, 09:18 PM
Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Fighter
Half-Orc
Complete

Palanan
-
elvenkind

Athaleon
Wizard (Pact Wizard)
Elf
Complete

Benoojian
Psychic 8
Samsaran
WIP

Infernally Clay
Bard 8
Druid 8
Human
Mechanics are finished

Halfdan is now complete.

Yas392
2024-01-10, 11:37 PM
Player
Character
Gestalt Side A
Gestalt Side B
Race
Role/Concept
Complete

Escheton
Sorcerer 8
Kobold
WIP

pi4t
Shadow Oracle 8
Umbral Mesmerist 8
Shadow
[/td]

Samduke
Slayer 8
Shaman 8
Undine
Combat Medic
Completed

Talivan
Paladin 8
Oracle 8
Human
Face, Healer, Attacker
WIP

Hjolnai
Fighter
Half-Orc
Complete

Palanan
-
elvenkind

Athaleon
Wizard (Pact Wizard)
Elf
Complete

Benoojian
Psychic 8
Samsaran
WIP

Infernally Clay
Bard 8
Druid 8
Human
Mechanics are finished

Yas392
Justice Halleway (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2868391)
Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 8
Shifter (Adaptive Shifter) 8
Human
Support, Utility, Skillmonkey
Complete

Triskavanski
2024-01-11, 02:19 AM
Currently working on a really really good divinationist.

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2869507

Escheton
2024-01-11, 10:01 AM
Not technically withdrawing. But acknowledging that recent interactions with our locked in character's player have been...strained.
And that divide can be bridged, but that's mid to long development in a medium that rarely gets that. So at the least will not make effort to dot the i's of my sometimes very intense kobold unless selected.
Cheers!

niw18
2024-01-12, 02:53 AM
interesting

if still looking for players, would you allow Duergar Tyrant

Kallimakus
2024-01-14, 12:42 PM
I apologize for being quiet. The ideas I had for the game are not meshing together the way I hoped, so I'm afraid I must withdraw here. If I figure out a way to work my ideas into a coherent plot, I'll get back to it.

Yas392
2024-01-14, 12:51 PM
Dang, that sucks. Thanks for informing us.

Palanan
2024-01-16, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Kallimakus
I apologize for being quiet. The ideas I had for the game are not meshing together the way I hoped, so I'm afraid I must withdraw here. If I figure out a way to work my ideas into a coherent plot, I'll get back to it.

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry it wasn’t coming together like you’d hoped.

İeni and Dacy will continue their traveling performances, and maybe they can catch up with you the next time you swing by.