PDA

View Full Version : Summoning or ranged focus for a DMM Cleric?

incog64
2023-12-29, 03:52 PM
I am piloting a DMM Cleric build with decent Charisma and I am currently the main ranged fighter at Level 6. The build is below. I am at crossroads, do I focus more on archery via Point Blank shot, Precise Shot and Splitting enchantment or do I focus on summoning via Rapid or Summon Elemental, Spell Focus Conjuration and Thaumaturgist.

Thoughts on which build does more damage and which could be more fun to play?

Race: Silverbrow Human
Alignment: Neutral
Deity: Boccob
Domains: Trickery, Planning, Knowledge Devotion
2 Flaws

Feats
L1 extra turning, iron Will, Persist, DMM Persist, Extend via planning domain
L3 Zen Archery
L6 Leadership

Levels
L1 Cloistered Cleric (Rebuke Dragons)
L2 Dread Necromnacer (Rebuke Undead)
L3-5 Cloistered Cleric
L6 Mystic Wanderer

Anthrowhale
2023-12-29, 06:10 PM
Have you considered the spell archer route? Persist Darkfire, get a lesser rod of maximize spell, pick up Searing Spell? Given the touch attack, you can skip out on PBS & Precise Shot, and a rod of maximize spell is significantly cheaper than the splitting enchantment. Later you can persist Holy Star to add to the damage. Between iteratives and additives (like Holy Star) you can do decent damage, and if you want to amplify further that's possible via Energy Admixture.

Zombulian
2023-12-29, 11:23 PM
Have you considered the spell archer route? Persist Darkfire, get a lesser rod of maximize spell, pick up Searing Spell? Given the touch attack, you can skip out on PBS & Precise Shot, and a rod of maximize spell is significantly cheaper than the splitting enchantment. Later you can persist Holy Star to add to the damage. Between iteratives and additives (like Holy Star) you can do decent damage, and if you want to amplify further that's possible via Energy Admixture.

If we’re mentioning Energy Admixture why not just use Energy Substitution rather than Searing Spell?
Then you can grab Born of Three Thunders and have a persisted stunning, tripping, thunderclap ranged attack.