PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Fallout RPG, interest check

BelGareth
2024-01-04, 02:30 PM
I received the Fallout RPG for Xmas, and then promptly got all the other splatbooks, I've read through the corebook, most of Settlers (still need to read the settlement rules), and I have Winter of Atom as well, with the GM's toolkit that is still in route.

Is there anyone on the playground who would be interested in joining a game?

I'm pretty open to just running Winter of Atom, or running Fallout 4, or a custom settlement, or....well, I'm pretty open to anything.

If you are interested and don't know the rules, you can get the free players rules from here (https://www.modiphius.net/collections/fallout-the-roleplaying-game/products/fallout-the-roleplaying-game-quickstart-guide-pdf-free)

Lentrax
2024-01-04, 02:38 PM
I only have the core book, but I am interested in playing.

I would prefer being a Vault Dweller of some kind myself. But I will hold on further ideas until we see who else comes along.

Frosty
2024-01-04, 09:50 PM
Interested, but I need to look at the rules first.

Captain Cap
2024-01-05, 04:11 AM
I might be interested.

BelGareth
2024-01-05, 10:54 AM
I just realized the free players guide doesn't include PC creation....so lame.

So this is what I found:

This video does a decent job on explaining PC creation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om6P-rhElnE)

And this tool: https://fallout2d20.netlify.app/, has pretty much everything you need to create a PC, even it's a little basic.

Captain Cap
2024-01-05, 11:02 AM
Character creation seems simple enough, though I have a curiosity: there are a couple stats like starting skill points and HP that are determined by starting attributes. Does it mean that, for example, increasing Intelligence/Endurance at a later point doesn't give any extra skill point/HP?

BelGareth
2024-01-05, 12:11 PM
Character creation seems simple enough, though I have a curiosity: there are a couple stats like starting skill points and HP that are determined by starting attributes. Does it mean that, for example, increasing Intelligence/Endurance at a later point doesn't give any extra skill point/HP?

correct, SPECIAL stats in this game do not bump up your skills like FO1,2 etc. instead, they help set your TN for your skill checks.

you add your SPECIAL stat + skill rank to set your TN, so in essence, it does increase your skills, but not directly like earlier versions of the video games. if that makes sense?

Every level beyond first you gain the following:

HP +1
increase one skill by +1 up to 6
Gain 1 perk

EDIT: and you get to be creative with what SPECIAL stat works with whatever skill, assuming it makes sense.

Captain Cap
2024-01-05, 12:35 PM
I was thinking more about the role of, for example, Intelligence. The rules in fact say that the starting number of skill points one can spend is 9+Int. But what if, at a later point, I take Intense Training and raise Int by 1? Would I retroactively get another skill point to spend?

And what about Endurance and Luck, they determine the starting HP, but what if I increase them later on, would the HP increase accordingly?

Or are only the starting attribute values that matter?

BelGareth
2024-01-05, 01:02 PM
I was thinking more about the role of, for example, Intelligence. The rules in fact say that the starting number of skill points one can spend is 9+Int. But what if, at a later point, I take Intense Training and raise Int by 1? Would I retroactively get another skill point to spend?

And what about Endurance and Luck, they determine the starting HP, but what if I increase them later on, would the HP increase accordingly?

Or are only the starting attribute values that matter?

yeah, i didn't see anything, so lets just say, Yes, they would do that, otherwise it's weird and lame. and no one wants that.

Captain Cap
2024-01-05, 01:04 PM
yeah, i didn't see anything, so lets just say, Yes, they would do that, otherwise it's weird and lame. and no one wants that.
Love to see we're on the same page :smallbiggrin:

Ricka Draws
2024-01-05, 01:48 PM
I've the books, core, settlers, and a couple of adventures like winter of the atom and two more, I haven't properly read them however

Mostly the core stuffs which kinda remind me of tenra bansho zero

Captain Cap
2024-01-06, 08:05 AM
I think I'd go with some survivor gunslinger.

Bayar
2024-01-07, 07:40 AM
I would like to give this a go. Guessing there's still no actual rules on vehicles.

Captain Cap
2024-01-09, 11:57 AM

I think I found the catch: at character creation, you can raise a skill at most up to 3, instead of 6, with the starting skill points.
But I guess one can handle it by saying that the skill points from increasing INT can never raise skills above 3.

Anyway, as far as the adventure goes, I'm pretty open to anything too, as long as we don't necessarily start as vault-dwellers.

BelGareth
2024-01-09, 12:20 PM
Agreed.

Seems like we have enough interest, what does everyone want to do?

Vault dweller -> go explore wasteland
Vault dweller -> protect your vault from the wasteland
Create your own settlement and all that entails (either in the commonwealth area or somewhere else entirely)
BHoS agents scouring the wasteland for tech
Enclave agents scouring the wasteland for tech
New California Republic agents of some kind
I mean, I could go on and on...

Captain Cap
2024-01-09, 12:28 PM
Origin-wise, I'd like to go for a Survivor or New Californian. In any case, I'm fine with exploration or create/protect settlement.

Lentrax
2024-01-09, 02:13 PM
Agreed.

Create your own settlement and all that entails (either in the commonwealth area or somewhere else entirely)

Well, as I said, I was wanting to play a Vault Dweller. But if the game says I can’t, I can figure something else out.

BelGareth
2024-01-09, 02:28 PM
Well, as I said, I was wanting to play a Vault Dweller. But if the game says I can’t, I can figure something else out.

oh i don't care where your origin is from, im just trying to see what kind of game everyone wants to play.

Captain Cap
2024-01-09, 02:31 PM
I imagine we can have an assortment of different origins with a common goal, like a vault-dweller setting out in the wastes with companions they have found along the way; perhaps even to find help to defend their own vault.

BelGareth
2024-01-09, 04:45 PM
I imagine we can have an assortment of different origins with a common goal, like a vault-dweller setting out in the wastes with companions they have found along the way; perhaps even to find help to defend their own vault.

Works for me!

BelGareth
2024-01-09, 05:37 PM
I'm game to do anything really, just need a little more input from interested players

If we wanted to fully custom, I would probably do something just north of the NCR in my home state Washington as i know it well enough to make adaptions to it. This map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?hl=en_US&mid=1PxdkhuPQFEDclp6pLbNpglmI2AY&ll=46.312235567607665%2C-117.02628127263594&z=6) is pretty awesome.

EDIT: also, anyone who is interested, go ahead and make a PC we'll use the forums for them, they should be pretty easy. Let me know if you need anything from me. Also feel free to hit me up on discord, I'm always on there (link in sig)

Ricka Draws
2024-01-09, 06:12 PM
Agreed.

I'd like to play a naive/oblivious vault dweller who's quite skilled

Lentrax
2024-01-09, 07:25 PM
Ah. I got it. Vault Dwellers sent out to find a place to use a GECK.

Captain Cap
2024-01-10, 08:42 AM
If we wanted to fully custom, I would probably do something just north of the NCR in my home state Washington as i know it well enough to make adaptions to it.
I'm fine with this, it'd give us more freedom and sense of discovery.

Ah. I got it. Vault Dwellers sent out to find a place to use a GECK.
Sounds fine. The world they emerged into might not be as they thought and they might need to cooperate with "locals" to fulfil their mission.

So it could go like this: the Vault Dwellers character are sent out with a GECK, the wastes they find are full of dangers and competing factions, together with companions made along the way they're now looking for a good spot for the settlement, which then they'll have to establish, nurture and protect.

As for my character, I'm now opting for a Ghoul. Here's a provisional build (basically revolving around scavenging, repairing/crafting and guns):

Attributes: STR 5, PER 6, END 6, CHA 4, INT 6, AGI 9, LCK 4

Skills (4 tag* + 15 points): Athletics 3, Lockpick 3, Pilot 2, Repair 3*, Science 3, Small Guns 3*, Sneak 3*, Survival 3*

Perks: Armorer

EDIT: If we'll go the settlement route, perhaps we could use a face (who could take the perk Local Leader later on).

Lentrax
2024-01-10, 07:04 PM
Fallout character name

S 4
P 9
E 6
C 8
I 4
A 5
L 4

Tag skills:
Energy Weapons
Speech
Barter
Small Guns

Skills
13 points (tag skills start at 2)

Perk: Smooth Talker

Wyndeward
2024-01-11, 06:42 AM
Am game, if you need another character!!

Hemnon
2024-01-19, 03:06 PM
This is actually an interesting recruitment!
I'd totally be game, if it's still open for interests!

Just got the core rulebook (dun have anything else than that, so far), so still reading them.

I do have a few questions... any specific timeperiod we'd be playing in? like are we 'early' in the timeline - such as during the bombs falling and needs to survive and scavenge? Are we from later on either a generation of two post-nukes falling? Are we later on akin to Fallout 1/2? Closer to 3 or new vegas? etc.
And where exactly would we be playing.
West Coast (personal favorite area for me)? east coast? further south around new mexico or texas or some such? Fallout Texas would be a cool theme btw. even more retro-cowboy-ish than new vegas (since that had a mix of mafia, old western-generic, etc.)

But yeah, those are my general questions for now since they'd affect what my character ideas will narrow down to.

BelGareth
2024-01-19, 05:17 PM
Thats totally up to the players:

Fallout 1 takes place in 2161
Fallout 2 takes place in 2241
Fallout 3 takes place in 2277
Fallout New Vegas takes place in 2281
Fallout 4 takes place in 2287

I was thinking 2277 as that what the books refers to, as it's based off Fallout 4, which doesn't line up with the above timelines. but oh well.

Nuptup
2024-01-19, 05:53 PM
I'm definitely interested if you're still taking in players. I have the core book and have been looking to have a reason to pore through it's pages for a while. I'm down for pretty much whatever and can play a character based on party needs, or just bring something all my own. I'm down for it regardless. This sounds really fun!

BelGareth
2024-01-19, 05:55 PM
ok, I'll officially change this from interest check to actually recruiting, I'll put up char generation guidelines tomorrow.

Nuptup
2024-01-19, 06:12 PM
Awesome! I'm excited to join if you'll have me!

Hemnon
2024-01-19, 07:48 PM
This is actually an interesting recruitment!
I'd totally be game, if it's still open for interests!

Just got the core rulebook (dun have anything else than that, so far), so still reading them.

I do have a few questions... any specific timeperiod we'd be playing in? like are we 'early' in the timeline - such as during the bombs falling and needs to survive and scavenge? Are we from later on either a generation of two post-nukes falling? Are we later on akin to Fallout 1/2? Closer to 3 or new vegas? etc.
And where exactly would we be playing.
West Coast (personal favorite area for me)? east coast? further south around new mexico or texas or some such? Fallout Texas would be a cool theme btw. even more retro-cowboy-ish than new vegas (since that had a mix of mafia, old western-generic, etc.)

But yeah, those are my general questions for now since they'd affect what my character ideas will narrow down to.

Since GM wants US to pick overall timeperiod and place..... what do you all think? Pre-fallout 1 era? fallout 1/2 period.... etc? also where specifically? And what overall 'flavor' do we want to do? Settlement building? Should we all be vault dwellers and if so, what is the big-nasty that Vault-tec's been doing with our vault? Or more of a roaming troubleshooter team that takes whatever work pops up on their travels, depending on moral preferences, etc?
Something completely different? :smallsmile:

I feel it's important we get this settled since it'll affect what sort of characters would fit the various combinations of '
what we are going to play', etc.

Nuptup
2024-01-19, 07:55 PM
Here's the character I'd like to play as. They were made using the character builder linked before (https://fallout2d20.netlify.app/) and cross referenced with the core book.

Anyway, here's Sasha, the "Female" Mr. Handy. She was stationed in a pre-war local militia outpost near where the campaign takes place. Her duties included assisting the outpost's quartermaster, giving her a familiarity with the value of most items that the outpost could have, as well as serving as a security lookout during the nights.

Due to the lack of front-line infantry on the base, she was programmed to hold enemies at bay in combat using her attached flamer and buzz-saw blade arms, forgoing any truly ranged weaponry. She was made with the best parts the militia could find, making her just a bit tougher than other models.

Her "personality" was set to be relaxed and somewhat loose with the rules to help build morale among the militia, and after many years of not having a commanding officer, she has pretty much given up on following any rules and just roams around the base, waiting for her next assignment. She makes sure there's always a fresh cup of coffee on her C.O.'s desk every morning, though she ran out of coffee grounds a long time ago, so it's just hot water now.

Name - Sasha
Origin - Mr. Handy
Level - 1
Max HP - 12
Defense - 1
Carry Wt - 150
Caps - 45
Melee Bonus - 3
Initiative - 8

(S)trength - 9
(P)erception - 4
(E)ndurance - 6
(C)harisma - 7
(I)ntelligence - 4
(A)gility - 4
(L)uck - 6

Athletics - 0
Barter - 3*
Big Guns - 0
Energy - 3
Explosives - 1
Lockpicking - 0
Medicine - 0
Melee - 3*
Pilot - 0
Repair - 3
Science - 0
Small Guns - 0
Sneak - 3
Speech - 3*
Survival - 0
Throwing - 0
Unarmed - 0

Trait(s) - 1
Mister Handy Robot

Perk(s) - 1
Toughness (Rank 1)

Inventory Wt - 15 lbs

Starting Caps (10)
+ Sold Items ((25 + 30) + 10%) * .25 = (15)
Baseball Bat [Melee Tag Item]
Formal Clothing [Speech Tag Item]
+ 2d20 Extra Caps [Barter Tag Item] (15 + 5) = (20)
= Total Caps (45)

Consumables
- Robot Repair Kit (x1)

Mr. Handy Components and Worn Items
- Head: Factory Optics
- Torso: Factory Body
- Arms: Factory Arms
- Legs: Factory Thruster
- Mod: Integral Boiler Mod
- Arm 1: Buzz-Saw
- Arm 2: Flamer (20 Ammo)
- Arm 3: Pincer
- Armor: Standard Plating
- Hat: Formal Hat (Speech Tag Item)

Nuptup
2024-01-19, 08:03 PM
Since GM wants US to pick overall timeperiod and place..... what do you all think? Pre-fallout 1 era? fallout 1/2 period.... etc? also where specifically? And what overall 'flavor' do we want to do? Settlement building? Should we all be vault dwellers and if so, what is the big-nasty that Vault-tec's been doing with our vault? Or more of a roaming troubleshooter team that takes whatever work pops up on their travels, depending on moral preferences, etc?

I would personally like something set around Fallout 4 because that makes it so our selection of weapons and whatnot more closely reflects what's printed in the book we're using so there's less kerfuffle when it comes to figuring out anything out of the ruleset.

As for location, I know the Overseer mentioned maybe doing something up in Washington state, which I think could be pretty cool with interesting set-pieces able to be used such as the space needle and stuff like that. I personally don't have any strict place I want to play in, so if that's something the Overseer is wanting to do, that works for me!

For content/plot, I personally would like to have our characters not be IN a vault. If someone came from a vault, that's a'ok, but I would prefer that person to be out of the vault, either on a mission from their intact vault, having left/survived their corrupt/failing vault, or having been taken from their vault by force and then escaping whatever took them.

For the actual plot of the game, I'm fine with it being a more flavor of the week kind of exploration game where we are mostly just traveling, following whatever quest markers get our attention. But I'm also totally fine with following the Vault Dweller's mission whether that be something the vault sent them on, purge/saving the corrupt/failing vault, or razing the group that took them from their vault.

Seeing as my character (see above post) is mostly just a follow orders and help out kind of character, I won't personally have many "motivations" beyond don't get destroyed, make allies who can help me not get destroyed, and find coffee, I can slot into whatever mission and team comes along. My character will be a durable frontline brawler in combat, while being good at conversation, bartering and repairs outside of combat.

Hemnon
2024-01-20, 07:48 PM
So I'm juggling around with two ideas, both would work for most finalized-game idea from the GM (or Overseer!), so, here we go:

1) Dr. Mac Nificent! The man, the myth, the legend - An escapee from a Vault-tech vault whose experiment was based around the concept of the ego and the manipulation there-off. Dr. Mac Nificent (which was not his original name, but the split of the vault had one side be regular vault style, and the other half was where you went after getting an ego-manipulation), He's a massive science-head and fiddler of tech. And usually finds that most questions can be answered with 'SCIENCE!' and so can most problems.
Basic Idea is Perks in Gun Nut and SCIENCE! to help allow for weaponry mods to be added to weapons, Repairs of Gear and overall knowledgable for anything Pre-War (and Pre-Pre War... for those of you that get that reference).

2)Lucky... just.... Lucky. Overall skilled outdoorsman Survivor-Mans, more at home in the wilderness and animal-kinship than among fellow humans and such. He had a horrid childhood, parents killed by raiders, his wife early on died to disease, so he eventually just secluded himself. However, fate is strange and since those bad events he's been un-statistically lucky. Finding what is needed when scavenging, avoiding deadly situations, etc.
Yes clearly Luck will be a major-important stat for Lucky, which of course was more of an ironic nickname prior to his self-exile - but now it's just an accepted Nickname, along with Perks around Luck - like scavenging and getting bonus stuff, good with ranged weaponry and, of course, Survival.

I'm leaning more towards Lucky than Mr. Mac Nificent, but I'll wait until I know some more specific setting and 'campaign' info.

Nuptup
2024-01-21, 06:03 AM
I personally really like Lucky as well. I have been curious how the luck rules will work out, and having someone designed from the ground up to work with them sounds really fun!

Hemnon
2024-01-21, 06:13 AM
I personally really like Lucky as well. I have been curious how the luck rules will work out, and having someone designed from the ground up to work with them sounds really fun!

It'd most likely also be the choice of my own. Pretty much keeps returning with ideas or tweaks for Lucky's concept with random thoughts. :smallbiggrin:

Might even wanna go mysterious stranger perk just for the hell of it.

Nuptup
2024-01-21, 06:25 AM
I saw the mysterious stranger perk and thought it was really cool. Since, you can kind of just use it at the start of a fight and consumer luck point, and at any point in time he'll just show up and shoot somebody which is pretty dope. I personally am not a huge fan of it being dependent on the DM, just because I don't like adding more things that the DM has to keep track of, so I would personally make it so that the DM or one of the fellow players can choose when it happens, but that would be up to them to decide if they want to rule it that way.

Hemnon
2024-01-21, 08:30 AM
I saw the mysterious stranger perk and thought it was really cool. Since, you can kind of just use it at the start of a fight and consumer luck point, and at any point in time he'll just show up and shoot somebody which is pretty dope. I personally am not a huge fan of it being dependent on the DM, just because I don't like adding more things that the DM has to keep track of, so I would personally make it so that the DM or one of the fellow players can choose when it happens, but that would be up to them to decide if they want to rule it that way.

I want the Mysterious Stranger to be what sorta affected my character's luck. Sorta avoidance of more bad things and eventually realizing this strange person would show up at odd moments and places and just vanish again after firing their revolver and blowing enemies into bits.

Work the perk into the character's backstory rather than just 'oh so now perk is there and odd thing happens'.

Nuptup
2024-01-21, 01:53 PM
Yeah, exactly! Like having a guardian that's been watching over you for example.

Hemnon
2024-01-21, 01:57 PM
Yeah, exactly! Like having a guardian that's been watching over you for example.

up until recently having thought he'd just gone a bit nutty and imagined someone was there, but once another PC notices the Mysterious Stranger as well.... well, then things gets fun. :smalltongue:
'mmmh? oh that's my imaginary protector that is not real.'

Nuptup
2024-01-21, 03:14 PM
"Lucky, during the last encounter, I detected an unidentified man that seemed to appear, kill your assailant, then just.., run away. Do you have any idea who that was?" ~Sasha, The Mr. Handy

Hemnon
2024-01-22, 02:45 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0DrZK1-7d6qPIRibWlZA5VruAn9eKSLc1YA&usqp=CAU

Name:
Origin:

XP Earned:
XP To Next Level:

Level:

Basic Description

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZgzSGvZqmGhq8hRNIkrRHq6A-Qz_qGnMFGQ&usqp=CAU

Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:

Name - Tag [ ] - Rank

Athletics (Str) [ ]:
Barter (Cha) [ ]:
Big Guns (End) [ ]:
Energy Weapons (Per) [ ]:
Explosives (Per) [ ]:
Lockpick (Per) [ ]:
Medicine (Int) [ ]:
Melee Weapons (Str) [ ]:
Pilot (Per) [ ]:
Repair (Int) [ ]:
Science (Int) [ ]:
Small Guns (Agi) [ ]:
Sneak (Agi) [ ]:
Speech (Cha) [ ]:
Survival (End) [ ]:
Throwing (Agi [ ]:
Unarmed (Str) [ ]:

Perks
(Name - Rank - Effect)

-------------------------------
Traits
(Name - Rank - Effect)

Melee Damage:
Defense:
Initiative

------------------------
Health
Maximum HP:
Current HP:

------------------------
Poison DR:

------------------------
Head (1-2)
Phys. DR: 0
En. DR: 0
Rad. DR: 0
HP: 0

Torso (3-8)

Left Arm (9-11)

Right Arm (12-14)

Left Leg (15-17)

Right Leg (18-20)

Name:
Skill:
TN:
Damage:
Effects:
Type:
Rate:
Range:
Qualities:
Ammo:
Weight:

-----------------------------------------------------
Name:
Skill:
TN:
Damage:
Effects:
Type:
Rate:
Range:
Qualities:
Ammo:
Weight:

Name:
Skill:
TN:
Damage:
Effects:
Type:
Rate:
Range:
Qualities:
Ammo:
Weight:

Current Carry Weight:
Maximum Carry Weight:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/7/7c/FoS_bottle_cap.png/revision/latest?cb=20170507162557
Caps:

-----------------------------------------
Gear
(Item - lbs.)

Ammo
(Caliber - Quantity)

Finished Template. Feel free to use it~
Nuka Girl Seal of Approval.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/0f/Nuka-Cola_ad_pre-trailer.png/revision/latest?cb=20151229195403

Nuptup
2024-01-22, 03:01 PM
Name:
Origin:

XP Earned:
XP To Next Level:

Level:

Basic Description

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZgzSGvZqmGhq8hRNIkrRHq6A-Qz_qGnMFGQ&usqp=CAU

Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:

Name - Tag [ ] - Rank

Athletics (Str) [ ]:
Barter (Cha) [ ]:
Big Guns (End) [ ]:
Explosives (Per) [ ]:
Lockpick (Per) [ ]:
Medicine (Int) [ ]:
Melee Weapons (Str) [ ]:
Pilot (Per) [ ]:
Repair (Int) [ ]:
Science (Int) [ ]:
Small Guns (Agi) [ ]:
Sneak (Agi) [ ]:
Speech (Cha) [ ]:
Survival (End) [ ]:
Throwing (Agi [ ]:
Unarmed (Str) [ ]:

Melee Damage:
Defense:
Initiative

------------------------
Health
Maximum HP:
Current HP:

------------------------
Poison DR:

------------------------
Head (1-2)
Phys. DR:
En. DR:
Rad. DR:
HP:

Torso (3-8)
Phys. DR:
En. DR:
Rad. DR:
HP:

Left Arm (9-11)
Phys. DR:
En. DR:
Rad. DR:
HP:

Right Arm (12-14)
Phys. DR:
En. DR:
Rad. DR:
HP:

Left Leg (15-17)
Phys. DR:
En. DR:
Rad. DR:
HP:

Right Leg (18-20)
Phys. DR:
En. DR:
Rad. DR:
HP:

WIP

That's hot!

Hemnon
2024-01-22, 04:19 PM
That's hot!

If you say so. :smalltongue:

Just enjoy making those Forum-Friendly charactersheets that are a bit more indepth than 'made spoiler, write basic in it'. No idea why :smallcool:

Nuptup
2024-01-22, 05:02 PM
I really like it personally. Also, I'd like to introduce the new Sasha sheet! I made a few changes here or there, but overall used your template and just re-ordered things to be sorted in my liking and reduced any excess spacing to condense it a bit.

See this post:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25952416&postcount=69

Hemnon
2024-01-22, 05:17 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0DrZK1-7d6qPIRibWlZA5VruAn9eKSLc1YA&usqp=CAU

Name: Lucky (Just... Lucky. Given Name is Andrew)
Origin: Survivor (Educated)
Luck Points 5/5

XP Earned: 0
XP To Next Level:

Level: 1

Basic Description

Strength: 4
Perception: 6
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 4
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 6
Luck: 8

Name - Tag [ ] - Rank

Athletics (Str) [ ]: 3
Barter (Cha) [ ]:
Big Guns (End) [ ]:
Explosives (Per) [ ]:
Lockpick (Per) [ ]: 1
Medicine (Int) []: 1
Melee Weapons (Str) [ ]: 2
Pilot (Per) [ ]: 1
Repair (Int) [X]: 3
Science (Int) [ ]:
Small Guns (Agi) [X]: 3
Sneak (Agi) [X]: 3
Speech (Cha) [ ]:
Survival (End) [X]: 3
Throwing (Agi) [ ]: 1
Unarmed (Str) [ ]: 1

Perks
(Name (Rank): Effect)

Mysterious Stranger (1)
From time to time, a Mysterious Stranger comes to your aid, with lethal results. At the start of a combat encounter, you may spend 1 Luck point. If you do so, then at any point during the scene, the GM may have the Mysterious Stranger appear, make a single ranged attack against an enemy you attacked, or who just attacked you, and then vanish. If you spend a Luck point and the Mysterious Stranger does not appear, the GM must refund the Luck point you spent.
The stranger has an AGI of 10, a Small Guns skill of 6, and counts Small Guns as a Tag skill. They always roll 3d20 for attacks, rather than 2d20, and their attack—using a custom .44 Magnum revolver—inflicts 8 Dice Piercing 1, Vicious physical damage.
They always appear within their weapon’s ideal range. Any attempt to find where the Stranger went after their attack fails.

Scrounger (1)
Whenever you roll to determine how much ammunition you find, you find more.
At rank 1, you find +3 Dice additional shots. At rank 2, you find +6 Dice additional shots. At rank 3, you find +10 Dice additional shots. The additional ammo you find is the same as initially found, for example, if you find 10mm ammunition, this perk increases how much 10mm ammo you find. If you find multiple types of ammunition, Scrounger applies to the ammunition with the lowest rarity (GM’s choice if there is a tie).
Each time you take this perk, the level requirement increases by 5.

-------------------------------
Traits
(Name (Rank): Effect)

Educated (N/A)
Gains one additional tag skill, But when failing a skill test using a skill other
than a tag skill, the GM gains 1 AP.

Melee Damage: +0 Dice
Defense: 1
Initiative 12

------------------------
Health
Maximum HP: 15
Current HP: 15

------------------------
Poison DR:

------------------------
Head (1-2)

Torso (3-8)
Phys. DR: 1+1
En. DR: 1+2

Left Arm (9-11)
Phys. DR: 1
En. DR: 1

Right Arm (12-14)

Left Leg (15-17)

Right Leg (18-20)

Name: Huntning Rifle
Skill: Small Guns
TN:
Damage: 6-Dice
Effects: Piercing 1
Type: Physical
Rate: 0
Range: Medium
Qualities: Two-Handed
Ammo: .308
Weight: 10lb

Name: Gun Bash (2H)
Skill: Melee Weapon
TN:
Damage: 3-Dice
Effects: Stun
Rate: n/a
Range: Melee Range
Qualities: Two-Handed
Ammo: n/a
Weight: n/a

Name: Matchete
Skill: Melee Weapon
TN:
Damage: 3-Dice
Rate: n/a
Range: Melee Range
Qualities: -
Ammo: n/a
Weight: 2lb

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/7/7c/FoS_bottle_cap.png/revision/latest?cb=20170507162557
Caps: 15

Gear
(Item - lbs.)

Hunting Rifle - 10lb

Machete - 2lb

-------------------
Tough Clothing - 2lb
Grants 1 Physical & 1 Energy DR.
Covers Arms, Torso & Legs.

Leather Armor Chest Piece - 5lb
Grants 1 Physical & 2 Energy DR.
Covers Torso.

------------------
2 purified water - <1lb

------------------
1 iguana on a stick - <1lb

-----------------
1 Calmex - <1lb
Re-roll 1d20 on all PER and AGI tests, +2-Dice to sneak attack damage.
Lasting. Addictive - 1.

-----------------
Multi-Tool - 1lb
Reduce the difficulty of Repair tests by 1 (minimum 0).

-----------------
A note advertising a job in a nearby settlement that offers to pay 50 caps - 0lb

Ammo
(Caliber - Quantity)
.308 - 21 <1lb

Carrying Limits
(150+(Str x 10))
Maximum Carry Weight: 190
Current Carry Weight: 20~ish

Lentrax
2024-01-23, 01:57 AM
Just waiting for official CharGen rules before refining my concept.

BelGareth
2024-01-23, 10:41 AM
Jut got back to work, if the forums let me, I'll get something up today.

If you can't wait, feel free to poke me in my discord server

Lentrax
2024-01-23, 11:50 AM
snipped because, really?

I did not need the rules printed here.

I have the core book. I have even already posted a barebones idea previously.

Me saying I am waiting for official CharGen means just that.

Waiting for the person running the game to make official determinations to what we need to make for characters. Including any restrictions or additions to the RAW.

What you just did was completely unnecessary and, frankly, incredibly condescending.

Hemnon
2024-01-23, 01:15 PM
I did not need the rules printed here.

I have the core book. I have even already posted a barebones idea previously.

Me saying I am waiting for official CharGen means just that.

Waiting for the person running the game to make official determinations to what we need to make for characters. Including any restrictions or additions to the RAW.

What you just did was completely unnecessary and, frankly, incredibly condescending.

Oh, sorry. thought that's what you meant is all.

and English is not a primary language for me and yeah I clearly missed a prior post from you then. Just trying to be helpful is all, since not everyone might have the rulebook.

And uh... how exactly can it be taken as condescending? :smallconfused:

So I guess I am very sorry that my attempt at being helpful is taken as a rude thing.

BelGareth
2024-01-23, 01:46 PM
it's all good, so easy to misinterpret written media, we're all good, and you all are waiting on me.

But to the point, the in book char gen is good, i was going to start you out with a little more caps/equipment. but we can discuss that after recruitment i guess, so feel free to create a level 1 character, if you need assistance, hit me up here or on Discord.

Lentrax
2024-01-23, 01:56 PM
Oh, sorry. thought that's what you meant is all.

and English is not a primary language for me and yeah I clearly missed a prior post from you then. Just trying to be helpful is all, since not everyone might have the rulebook.

And uh... how exactly can it be taken as condescending? :smallconfused:

So I guess I am very sorry that my attempt at being helpful is taken as a rude thing.

Sadly, it does happen.

All too often.

I am going to accept your apology, and offer my own as well.

I have a tendency to knee-jerk react to things like this, and if I went too far, then for that I am sorry.

Hemnon
2024-01-23, 02:18 PM
Sadly, it does happen.

All too often.

I am going to accept your apology, and offer my own as well.

I have a tendency to knee-jerk react to things like this, and if I went too far, then for that I am sorry.

and my reply back above wasn't exactly friendly either.

But yeah, I very much did not intend on it being taken as anything but helpful quickguide for character creation steps.

And no worries. we can all be sorry :smallbiggrin:

Captain Cap
2024-01-23, 03:30 PM
Hopefully I'll have a character ready by this weekend, although I won't have as much free time as I hoped for in the times to come.

Anyway, a consideration after reading the rules (which could really benefit from a better editing, I must say): is it just me or is Stun utterly broken? Like, all you need to do is roll an Effect on the attack, and the target basically loses a turn, regardless of whatever armor or protection they have.

Nuptup
2024-01-23, 04:20 PM
Hopefully I'll have a character ready by this weekend

Any idea what kind of concept you're considering so far? At the moment, looks like we have a melee bruiser with a silver tongue, and a lucky small guns sharp shooter survivalist.

Anyway, is it just me or is Stun utterly broken? Like, all you need to do is roll an Effect on the attack, and the target basically loses a turn, regardless of whatever armor or protection they have.

It is pretty strong, but after looking at the weapon tables, there's only like, 7 weapons that CAN apply the Stunned effect, 2 of which are gun bashing, then you have Boxing Glove and Power Fist. After that, you can get a sword, a super sledge, or a baton and modify them to have the Stun Pack mod, which requires 3 blacksmithing and 1 science for the sword and sledge, and 2 blacksmith 1 science for the baton.

So, while it's powerful, it's not exactly.., common to come across. There's only 2 other ways for players to get the Stun effect which is the Pain Train rank 2 Perk, which requires Power Armor and being Level 6, or the Paralyzing Palm rank 1 Perk, which can be taken at level 1, but requires a full unarmed attack build. The only other way to get stun is to use a syringer with lock joint ammo, but you obviously do no damage to apply that effect, which is why it's the only ranged method.

And, after all of that, if you DO stun someone, the can just spend an action point to still take an action and not completely lose their turn. It's a good effect, but certainly not game breakingly good.

Captain Cap
2024-01-23, 04:42 PM
Any idea what kind of concept you're considering so far?
Probably something not too dissimilar from this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25944120&postcount=24) (with enough Intelligence for stuff like Armorer, Gun Nut, and later on also Ammosmith), although I'm still not sure about the Ghoul part.

Nuptup
2024-01-23, 04:58 PM
Probably something not too dissimilar from this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25944120&postcount=24) (with enough Intelligence for stuff like Armorer, Gun Nut, and later on also Ammosmith), although I'm still not sure about the Ghoul part.

I dig it, pretty cool concept! Pretty well rounded with plenty of skill coverage which is nice.

Just waiting for official CharGen rules before refining my concept.

Now that we've gotten confirmed that we'll be using pretty much by-the-book creation rules, what kind of ideas do you have? It looks like we have a melee bruiser who's good at charisma as well, then we have a lucky sharpshooter survivalist, and a skill monkey generalist with good intelligence for crafting stuff later on.

I'd also like to just provide some nice reading for anyone who is genuinely serious about the game and who may not have played in a Play by Post game before. It's genuinely good information and has helped me personally do better with my gaming and I think it's a good resource to make sure everyone here has a good time with the game and we, as a group, don't let it die out.

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/292/how-can-i-run-a-successful-play-by-post-play-by-e-mail-game
The answers to this post share a lot of good information and tips for how to specifically prevent campaigns from dying.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?257924-Guide-to-Play-by-Post-Games
This post contains general assumptions for how to play in a play by post game, specifically here on GitP.

Both are great sources to read over for ways to be a better member in this collaborative roleplay experience!

Lentrax
2024-01-23, 06:25 PM
that we've gotten confirmed that we'll be using pretty much by-the-book creation rules, what kind of ideas do you have? It looks like we have a melee bruiser who's good at charisma as well, then we have a lucky sharpshooter survivalist, and a skill monkey generalist with good intelligence for crafting stuff later on.

Guess I will post this again here, along with the few edits I’ve made since then.

Natalie Celestine

S 4
P 7
E 5
C 9
I 6
A 5
L 4

Tag skills:
Energy Weapons
Speech
Barter
Medicine

Skills

Athletics 2
Barter 3
Energy Weapons 3
Lockpick 3
Medicine 2
Repair 2
Small Guns 1
Sneak 1
Speech 3
Throwing 1

Perk: Smooth Talker

Equipment:

Vault Suit
Canteen (One purified Water)
Pip-boy
Switchblade
10 mm pistol
2 stimpacks
10 caps

Basic story concept is that she was the Vault Podiatrist, and was popular enough that the Overseer gave her the fools errand of finding somewhere to deploy the GECK so she could be made Overseer in his place.

Nuptup
2024-01-24, 12:03 AM
Basic story concept is that she was the Vault Podiatrist, and was popular enough that the Overseer gave her the fools errand of finding somewhere to deploy the GECK so she could be made Overseer in his place.

Seems pretty legit. So, a face and gunslinger, sent out to find a good place to set-up a GECK. I can dig it!

Hemnon
2024-01-24, 08:18 AM
Seems pretty legit. So, a face and gunslinger, sent out to find a good place to set-up a GECK. I can dig it!

Can you dig it!? can youuuuu dig iiiiiiit~?

Sorry, had to make a Warriors reference. :smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2024-01-24, 12:58 PM
I'll need to go through and see how many characters we have already.

Nuptup
2024-01-24, 04:32 PM
I'll need to go through and see how many characters we have already.

So far we have the following:

Captain Cap
Interested
Has character built (Unnamed (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25944120&postcount=24)) [Maybe a Ghoul, Scavenger and Craftsman.]

CardTrick
Interested
Has character built (Match (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25952072&postcount=65)) [BoS Scribe far from home trying to survive in a completely new locale.]

Hemnon
Interested
Has character built (Lucky (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25950498&postcount=47)) [Very Lucky Human Survivalist and Sharp Shooter with a secret admirer.]

Lentrax
Interested
Has character built (Natalie Celestine (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25951120&postcount=59)) [Vault grown popular girl on a mission to set-up a GECK.]

Nuptup
Interested
Has character built (Sasha (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25950487&postcount=46)) [Tough and Smooth Talking Mr. Handy Brawler that wants to make Coffee.]

Ricka Draws
Interested
Has character concept

Bayar
Interested

Frosty
Interested

Wyndeward
Interested

Upon further review, here's the skills we have covered so far by the currently made characters:

Captain Cap
CardTrick
Hemnon
Lentrax
Nuptup
Totals
My Notes

Athletics

Fine since its Useful

Barter

3*
3*
3*,3*
Maybe Overkill

Big Guns

(3)/0
(3)/0
Could use another

Energy Weapons

3*

3*

3*,3*
Fine as is

Explosives

2,(1)/0
Would be Nice to Have

Lockpick
3*

3,3*,1,3
Fine to have Backup

Medicine

3*

3*,1
Critical to life, need better

Melee Weapons

(3*)/0
2,2,(3*)/0
Fine since its Risky

Pilot

Fine since rare to use

Repair
3*
3*
3*
3*,3*,3*,2,3
Definitely Overkill

Science

Fine for one Specialist

Small Guns
3*

3*
2*

3*,3*,2*
Definitely Crowded

Sneak
3*
3*
3*,2,3*,1,3
Fine for Group Sneak

Speech

3*
3*
3,3*,3*
Probably Overkill

Survival
3*
3*

3*,2,3*
Good for Resources

Throwing

Fine not needed

Unarmed

Fine not needed

Unorganized comments:

For a slightly better group comp, and while still fitting into the character stories, I think having Lentrax swap one of their tag skills that overlaps with another character's tag skill to be a 3* in Medicine would be ideal, while also fitting in with their backstory of being a podiatrist since it's medical related backstory. Skills that could be swapped would be Small Guns since she's our exclusive energy weapon character, or the Barter overlap since keeping the speech on her is very character specific being the popular person.

I marked myself as a 0 for melee, explosives and big guns since I can only use the specific Mr. Handy arm weapons, so any we find are wasted on my character. So, with that being said, we have no one using big guns at all, and we probably could/should have someone fill that slot since they're strong and useful. We also have no one using explosives really, so having someone with grenade capabilities wouldn't be bad. Then there's melee, throwing and unarmed, which I don't think we necessarily NEED, but they're open for anyone to use. Currently Hemnon is the melee, but non tagged which is fine as it's their back-up weapon type.

That's just my thoughts on what we have currently. Feel free to ignore them and play however you want, I just wanted to share my two cents.

(As an aside, I did find some other weapons for Mr. Handy's to use besides the Core Rules ones, so if the Overseer is ok with me using some of them after reviewing them, I'd be down to swap out my skills a bit to make use of those. Some interesting options are Baton Arm instead of buzz saw, shotgun arm instead of flamer, pneumatic hammer instead of buzz saw, sword instead of buzz saw, chain gun instead of flamer, or I could go with a Medical Syringe arm which can be used for Medicine checks (gives us medicine), and can be loaded with syringer ammo to get cool effects from those.

Bayar
2024-01-25, 04:04 AM
Sorry, got sick and could not do anything. Wish good luck to everyone.

CardTrick
2024-01-25, 09:15 AM
Bowing out.

BelGareth
2024-01-25, 10:58 AM
Sorry, got sick and could not do anything. Wish good luck to everyone.

still got time.

Lentrax
2024-01-25, 11:48 AM
Making some changes. Which does require a bit of a rework of how I was envisioning the character, but that's okay.

Nuptup
2024-01-25, 04:34 PM
So far we have the following:

Captain Cap
Interested
Has character built (Unnamed (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25944120&postcount=24)) [Maybe a Ghoul, Scavenger and Craftsman.]

CardTrick
Interested
Has character built (Match (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25952072&postcount=65)) [BoS Scribe far from home trying to survive in a completely new locale.]

Hemnon
Interested
Has character built (Lucky (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25950498&postcount=47)) [Very Lucky Human Survivalist and Sharp Shooter with a secret admirer.]

Lentrax
Interested
Has character built (Natalie Celestine (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25952703&postcount=76)) [Vault grown popular girl on a mission to set-up a GECK.]

Nuptup
Interested
Has character built (Sasha (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25950487&postcount=46)) [Tough and Smooth Talking Mr. Handy Brawler that wants to make Coffee.]

Captain Cap
CardTrick
Hemnon
Lentrax
Nuptup
Totals
My Notes

Athletics

Fine as is

Barter

3*
3*,2
Fine as is

Big Guns

(3)/0
(3)/0
Could use another

Energy Weapons

3*

3*

3*,3*
Fine as is

Explosives

3*
2,3*
Fine as is

Lockpick
3*

3,3*,1,3
Crowded, but fine

Medicine

3*
2*

3*,1,2*
Pretty good now

Melee Weapons

(3*)/0
2,2,(3*)/0
Fine since its Risky

Pilot

Fine since rare to use

Repair
3*
3*
3*

3*,3*,3*,2
Definitely Overkill

Science

3*
3,3,3*
Fine as is

Small Guns
3*

3*

3*,3*,1
Fine as is

Sneak
3*
3*
3*,2,3*,1,3
Fine for Group Sneak

Speech

3*
3,3*,2
Fine as is

Survival
3*
3*

3*,2,3*
Good for Resources

Throwing

Fine not needed

Unarmed

Fine not needed

Updated the table to include CardTrick and Lentrax changes.

Updated again for Sasha changes. Should be pretty good now to be honest. If CardTrick wants to swap Repair Tag for Science tag, that'd give us 2x Tag on each, which is pretty good, but not mandatory.

Short notes:

Lockpick is a little crowded, but not the end of the world.
Repair is still kinda crowded. I moved the points I had on Sasha out of repair to get more coverage, but I think 3 people with repair is PLENTY, and we likely only need/want 1 or 2 that have it tagged.
We could maybe use another Tag on Science if anyone wants to move it there, probably Match as mentioned above and below.
Speech is still crowded, but not as much as the ones above. And, it's not the end of the world to have good speech. Just making an observation is all. I pulled Sasha off of barter entirely and removed her tag on speech since Natalie has them both covered with TAGs and Smooth Talker. I'm not sure what purpose having multiple of each of those would serve. So, I put those points to use elsewhere on Sasha

Question for Belgareth:
Can a Mr. Handy throw grenades and stuff like that using their Pincer? If so, I will likely swap my repair for explosives. But, I don't see anything explicitly stating they can or can't, so I wanted to run it by you before I do so. The current Sasha build is built on the assumption that she CAN use her pincer to throw grenades and plant land mines and such, since I can't think of a reason she shouldn't be able to. But, if you Veto that, I'll make further adjustments.

Nuptup
2024-01-25, 04:54 PM
Made a blank template of my current sheet. It's nice and compact for anyone who wants to use it when applying. I went ahead and made a copy of everyone's character that has already posted one as it is currently in this template so it's easier for you all to just copy them over. I figure it's a good idea for all of us to have a similar/standardized character sheet so it's easy for BelGareth to navigate them all.

Note for Lentrax, while going over your character, I noticed you have 2 unspent skill points.

Name: Character Name
Origin: ??

XP To Next Level: 100

S

P
E
C
I
A
L

?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Fill in your backstory here!
Initiative: ??
Melee Damage: +? Combat Dice
Name: ??
Skill: ??
TN: ??
Damage: ??
Effects: ??
Type: ??
Rate: ??
Range: ??
Qualities: ??
Ammo: ??
Weight: ??
[Delete lines you don't need]

Health

Current
??

Maximum
??

Poison DR: ??
Head (1-2)
Phys. DR: ??
En. DR: ??
Rad. DR: ??
Torso (3-8)
Right Arm (9-11)
Left Arm (12-14)
Right Leg (15-17)
Left Leg (18-20)
Athletics (Str): ?? (TAG) <-Only if Tagged
Barter (Cha): ??
Big Guns (End): ??
Energy Weapons (Per): ??
Explosives (Per): ??
Lockpick (Per): ??
Medicine (Int): ??
Melee (Str): ??
Pilot (Per): ??
Repair (Int): ??
Science (Int): ??
Small Guns (Agi): ??
Sneak (Agi): ??
Speech (Cha): ??
Survival (End): ??
Throwing (Agi): ??
Unarmed (Str): ??
Perks
Description From BookTraits
Description From Book
Caps: ??
Carry Capacity

Current
??

Maximum
??

Worn Gear
(Location - Item - Weight)
Head - Item Name - ??
Torso - Item Name - ??
Arms - Item Name - ??
Legs - Item Name - ??
Carried Gear
(Item - Quantity - Weight)
Item Name - ?? - ??

Name: TBD
Origin: Ghoul?

S

P
E
C
I
A
L

[B]5

Fill in your backstory here!
Initiative: 15
Melee Damage: +0 Combat Dice

Health

Current

Maximum

Defense: 2
Rad. DR: Ghoul (Immune, heal 1 HP per 3 Rad damage taken)
Head (1-2)
Torso (3-8)
Right Arm (9-11)
Left Arm (12-14)
Right Leg (15-17)
Left Leg (18-20)
Athletics (Str): 3
Barter (Cha): 0
Big Guns (End): 0
Energy Weapons (Per): 0
Explosives (Per): 0
Lockpick (Per): 3
Medicine (Int): 0
Melee (Str): 0
Pilot (Per): 2
Repair (Int): 3 (Tag)
Science (Int): 3
Small Guns (Agi): 3 (Tag)
Sneak (Agi): 3 (Tag)
Speech (Cha): 0
Survival (End): 3 (Tag)
Throwing (Agi): 0
Unarmed (Str):
Perks
You can modify armor with armor mods. Each rank in this perk unlocks an additional rank of mods: rank 1unlocks rank 1 mods, rank 2 unlocks rank 2mods, etc.

Each time you take this perk, the level requirement increases by 4.Traits
At rank 1, roll one fewer CD when determining if you become addicted to chems, to a minimum of 0.

At rank 2, you cannot become addicted to chems. Each time you take this perk, the level requirement increases by 4.
You are immune to radiation damage. In fact, you’re healed by it—you regain 1 HP for every 3 points of radiation damage inflicted upon you, and if you rest in an irradiated location, you may re-roll your dice pool when checking if your injuries heal. In addition, Survival becomes a Tag skill, increasing it by 2 ranks.

You age at a much-decreased rate, and you’re probably older than your unmutated companions—you may even have survived the Great War of 2077—but you’re sterile: “the first generation of ghouls is the last” as the saying goes. You may face discrimination from “smooth skins” (humans who aren’t ghouls), increasing the difficulty or complication range of Charisma tests depending on your opponent’s beliefs.
Carry Capacity

Current
??

Maximum

Worn Gear
Head - Item Name - ??
Torso - Item Name - ??
Arms - Item Name - ??
Legs - Item Name - ??
Carried Gear
Item Name - ?? - ??

Match's Character Sheet (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25952072&postcount=65)
Name: Lucky
Origin: Survivor (Educated, Extra Perk)

S

P
E
C
I
A
L

Overall skilled outdoorsman Survivor-Mans, more at home in the wilderness and animal-kinship than among fellow humans and such. He had a horrid childhood, parents killed by raiders, his wife early on died to disease, so he eventually just secluded himself. However, fate is strange and since those bad events he's been un-statistically lucky. Finding what is needed when scavenging, avoiding deadly situations, etc.

Yes clearly Luck will be a major-important stat for Lucky, which of course was more of an ironic nickname prior to his self-exile - but now it's just an accepted Nickname, along with Perks around Luck - like scavenging and getting bonus stuff, good with ranged weaponry and, of course, Survival.
Initiative: 12

Health

Current

Maximum

Head (1-2)
Torso (3-8)
Right Arm (9-11)
Left Arm (12-14)
Right Leg (15-17)
Left Leg (18-20)
Athletics (Str): 3
Barter (Cha): 0
Energy Weapons (Per): 0
Lockpick (Per): 1
Medicine (Int): 1
Melee (Str): 2
Pilot (Per): 1
Repair (Int): 3 (TAG)
Science (Int): 0
Small Guns (Agi): 3 (TAG)
Sneak (Agi): 3 (TAG)
Speech (Cha): 0
Survival (End): 3 (TAG)
Throwing (Agi): 1
Unarmed (Str): 1
Perks
From time to time, a Mysterious Stranger comes to your aid, with lethal results. At the start of a combat encounter, you may spend 1 Luck point. If you do so, then at any point during the scene, the GM may have the Mysterious Stranger appear, make a single ranged attack against an enemy you attacked, or who just attacked you, and then vanish. If you spend a Luck point and the Mysterious Stranger does not appear, the GM must refund the Luck point you spent.

The stranger has an AGI of 10, a Small Guns skill of 6, and counts Small Guns as a Tag skill. They always roll 3d20 for attacks, rather than 2d20, and their attack—using a custom .44 Magnum revolver—inflicts 8CD Piercing 1, Vicious physical damage. They always appear within their weapon’s ideal range. Any attempt to find where the Stranger went after their attack fails.Whenever you roll to determine how much ammunition you find, you find more.

At rank 1, you find +3CD additional shots. At rank 2,you find +6CCD additional shots. At rank 3, you find+10 CD additional shots. The additional ammo you find is the same as initially found, for example, if you find 10mm ammunition, this perk increases how much 10mm ammo you find. If you find multiple types of ammunition, Scrounger applies to the ammunition with the lowest rarity (GM’s choice if there is a tie).

Each time you take this perk, the level requirement increases by 5.
Traits
+1 Tag Skill
+1 Perk
Carry Capacity

Current
??

Maximum

Worn Gear
Head - Item Name - ??
Torso - Item Name - ??
Arms - Item Name - ??
Legs - Item Name - ??
Carried Gear
Item Name - ?? - ??

Natalie's Character Sheet (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25952703&postcount=76)

CardTrick
2024-01-25, 05:19 PM
I could move Match's TAG from Repair to Science without it really changing the character much at all narratively. I suppose I could do the same with Lockpick and Explosives, which would just imply their method of breaking into hidden troves of lost tech is less about finesse the lock, and more about just blowing the safe... so a bit of personality shift.

Nuptup
2024-01-25, 05:28 PM
I could move Match's TAG from Repair to Science without it really changing the character much at all narratively. I suppose I could do the same with Lockpick and Explosives, which would just imply their method of breaking into hidden troves of lost tech is less about finesse the lock, and more about just blowing the safe... so a bit of personality shift.

I would personally appreciate the repair to science swap. But depending on what BelGareth says in response to my question above, the explosives might be a moot point. So, don't stress that bit unless you just want to.Also, if you were caught up before, I would suggest going back and taking a look at these two posts below as I've recently updated them to match the current build changes. The group is looking pretty good atm honestly!

Snipped because they're above!

Snipped because they're above!

Lentrax
2024-01-25, 11:03 PM
Note for Lentrax, while going over your character, I noticed you have 2 unspent skill points.

That is because due to going back to concept, I changed her SPECIAL around a bit, since I figured I would make her more competent at her job.

Undecided on where I want the skill points to go.

Nuptup
2024-01-25, 11:08 PM
That is because due to going back to concept, I changed her SPECIAL around a bit, since I figured I would make her more competent at her job.

Undecided on where I want the skill points to go.

No worries! I just wanted to make sure you noticed.

CardTrick
2024-01-25, 11:38 PM
I would personally appreciate the repair to science swap. But depending on what BelGareth says in response to my question above, the explosives might be a moot point. So, don't stress that bit unless you just want to.Also, if you were caught up before, I would suggest going back and taking a look at these two posts below as I've recently updated them to match the current build changes. The group is looking pretty good atm honestly!

Yeah, I went ahead and switched TAG from Repair to Science (no rank changes since both were 3), and from Lockpick to Piloting (since no one seems too invested in that and it fits the Brotherhood, as they have and use all sorts of vehicles) likewise reducing Lockpick to 2 and raising Piloting to 3. Also shifted 1 point from Melee to Speech, so both are rank 1... so the character is more well-rounded with various skills at 0, 1, 2, and 3. On the downside, starting gear-wise that means I've traded a multitool and several bobby pins for... a lab coat, a hit of mentats, and literally 5 pieces of junk (calling them vertibird parts rather than car parts - either way, just common scrap). Also fixed an error in my torso defense listing Rad DR as 0, instead of 2.

Nuptup
2024-01-26, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I went ahead and switched TAG from Repair to Science (no rank changes since both were 3), and from Lockpick to Piloting (since no one seems too invested in that and it fits the Brotherhood, as they have and use all sorts of vehicles) likewise reducing Lockpick to 2 and raising Piloting to 3. Also shifted 1 point from Melee to Speech, so both are rank 1... so the character is more well-rounded with various skills at 0, 1, 2, and 3. On the downside, starting gear-wise that means I've traded a multitool and several bobby pins for... a lab coat, a hit of mentats, and literally 5 pieces of junk (calling them vertibird parts rather than car parts - either way, just common scrap). Also fixed an error in my torso defense listing Rad DR as 0, instead of 2.

I think that's a really cool idea. Taking the Vertibird wreckage parts as your scrap. Also, for Science tag, it's a labcoat OR mentats, not both. Feel free to grab the labcoat, i grabbed the mentats since i can't wear the coat, and i'll just toss the mentats over to you. Other than that, I think the generalist approach to cover more skills is a great idea!

Lentrax
2024-01-26, 01:11 AM
Name: Natalie Celestine
Origin: Vault Dweller

S

P
E
C
I
A
L

Initiative: 12
Name: Switchblade
Skill: Melee Weapons
TN: 4
Damage: 2
Qualities: Conealed
Weight: 1

Name:10mm Pistol
TN: 6
Damage: 4

Health

Current

Maximum

Head (1-2)
Torso (3-8)
Rad. DR: 2
Right Arm (9-11)
Left Arm (12-14)
Right Leg (15-17)
Left Leg (18-20)

Athletics (Str): 2
Barter (Cha): 3 (TAG)
Energy Weapons (Per): 3 (TAG)
Medicine (Int): 3 (TAG)
Melee (Str): 0
Pilot (Per): 0
Repair (Int): 2
Science (Int): 1
Small Guns (Agi): 1
Sneak (Agi): 1
Speech (Cha): 3 (TAG)
Survival (End): 0
Unarmed (Str): 0

Perks
When you make a Barter or Speech test as part of an opposed test, you may re-roll1d20.
Traits
Your healthier start to life at the hands of trained doctors and sophisticated auto-docs means you reduce the difficulty of all END tests to resist the effects of disease. In addition, your carefully-planned upbringing means you have one additional tag skill of your choice.

You may also work with the Gamemaster to determine what sort of experiment took place within your Vault. Once per quest, the GM may introduce a complication which reflects the nature of the experiment you unwittingly took part in, or introduce a complication related to your early life of isolation and confinement within the Vault. If the GM does this, you immediately regain one Luck Point.
Caps: 2d20+10
Carry Capacity

Current
??

Maximum

Worn Gear
Head - - ??
Torso - Vault Jumpsuit - ??
Arms - Vault Jumpsuit - ??
Legs - Vault Jumpsuit - ??
Carried Gear
Fusion Cell (X shots) - 1- ??
First Aid Kit - 1- ??
Stimpack - 1- ??
Formal Hat
Formal Clothing
Vault-Tec Canteen
Pip-Boy

Tag skills only gives me a cell for an energy weapon, and background gives me a 10mm pistol. So I guess we will see how things go.

Nuptup
2024-01-26, 01:51 AM
Tag skills only gives me a cell for an energy weapon, and background gives me a 10mm pistol. So I guess we will see how things go.

Gotcha, that makes sense I guess. We just need to get you one sooner rather than later. First Goal!!!!

Lentrax
2024-01-26, 02:16 AM
So....

roll20 has a fillable sheet available.

I am currently playing with it and seeing what can be done easily.

Here it is. (https://app.roll20.net/characters/sheet/5931075?sheet_shortname=falloutofficial)

Nuptup
2024-01-26, 02:35 AM
So....

roll20 has a fillable sheet available.

I am currently playing with it and seeing what can be done easily.

Here it is. (https://app.roll20.net/characters/sheet/5931075?sheet_shortname=falloutofficial)

It seems ok, but it's not auto-calculating for anything that really matters, and requires going off-site for the character sheet. I don't really see much merit to it personally.

BelGareth
2024-01-26, 10:11 AM
Question for Belgareth:
Can a Mr. Handy throw grenades and stuff like that using their Pincer? If so, I will likely swap my repair for explosives. But, I don't see anything explicitly stating they can or can't, so I wanted to run it by you before I do so. The current Sasha build is built on the assumption that she CAN use her pincer to throw grenades and plant land mines and such, since I can't think of a reason she shouldn't be able to. But, if you Veto that, I'll make further adjustments.

Makes sense to me, how else do they interact with their environment if not with the pincer?

Lentrax
2024-01-26, 10:14 AM
May have to do calculations. But we have to do it for the table version as well. And with this, I don’t have to parse through fifty or sixty lines to get to where I need to make an edit to my own sheet. Punch the preview button, and then realize I did it in the wrong spot. And have to try and fix the mistake and put in the edit in the right location.

BelGareth
2024-01-26, 10:53 AM
May have to do calculations. But we have to do it for the table version as well. And with this, I don’t have to parse through fifty or sixty lines to get to where I need to make an edit to my own sheet. Punch the preview button, and then realize I did it in the wrong spot. And have to try and fix the mistake and put in the edit in the right location.

This is a good point. would people be interested in an excel sheet for easy reference and auto calculations?

I'm sure I can make something like that.

Anyhow, I'm on-call this week, so don't expect much from me (it kicks my butt), but this looks like a good group of people! If you are still interested, please post saying so, and then I'll choose players over the weekend.

Thanks for all the interest!

EDIT: here is the discord link for this game (https://discord.gg/Y5UmZUURPN)

Nuptup
2024-01-26, 02:24 PM
That's a fair point Lentrax. I guess I just got comfortable with it is all. Besides that though, I'll personally be stocking to the in-forum sheet since I do most of my replies at work and roll 20 and stuff like Google drive is blocked on the work network. So, using the in forum method is best for me.

And ok, sounds good on the discord and game update BelGareth! I'm excited!

Wyndeward
2024-01-26, 08:36 PM
ok, I'll officially change this from interest check to actually recruiting, I'll put up char generation guidelines tomorrow.

Sorry to disappear for a week, but if you're still recruiting, I am game to play!

Wyndeward
2024-01-26, 09:55 PM
Name: Lincoln Ford
Origin: Survivor (Trader)

S

P
E
C
I
A
L

A child of the Wasteland, Lincoln Ford has sought to makes his way as a trader and salvager every since coming of age.
Initiative: 11
Name: Pipe Pistol
Skill: 1
TN: 8
Damage: 3
Effects: None
Rate: 2
Range: Close
Qualities: Unreliable
Weight: 2

Name: Unarmed
TN: 5
Qualities: None

Health

Current

Maximum

Poison DR: 0
Head (1-2)
Torso (3-8)
En. DR: 2
Right Arm (9-11)
Left Arm (12-14)
Right Leg (15-17)
Left Leg (18-20)
Athletics (Str): 1
Barter (Cha): 3
Big Guns (End): 1
Energy Weapons (Per): 1
Explosives (Per): 1
Melee (Str): 1
Repair (Int): 3
Speech (Cha): 3
Survival (End): 1
Perks
The difficulty of any CHA + Barter test you attempt to buy or sell goods is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0.
When you buy or sell items, you may increase or decrease the price of the goods being traded by 10%

Traits
You have one additional tag skill. When you fail a non-Tag skill roll, GM gains 1 AP
Caps: 82
Carry Capacity

Current
??

Maximum

Worn Gear
Head - Item Name - ??
Torso - Item Name - Leather Chestpiece over Tough Clothes
Arms - Item Name - Tough Clothes
Legs - Item Name - Tough Clothes
Carried Gear
Pipe Pistol - 1 - 2
Personal Trinket (Pre-war Necktie)
Wares (3 rolls)
Other Gear

Pack Brahmin

I need to make a couple of rolls for this character.

Extra Caps: [roll0]

Wares:

Ammunition #1 [roll1]
Ammunition #2 [roll2]
Ammunition #3 [roll3]

Chems #1 [roll4]
Chems #2 [roll5]
Chems #3 [roll6]

Valuables and Oddities #1 [roll7]
Valuables and Oddities #2 [roll8]
Valuables and Oddities #3 [roll9]

Wyndeward
2024-01-26, 10:01 PM
Name: Lincoln Ford
Origin: Survivor (Trader)

S

P
E
C
I
A
L

A child of the Wasteland, Lincoln Ford has sought to makes his way as a trader and salvager every since coming of age.
Initiative: 11
Name: Pipe Pistol
TN: 8
Damage: 3
Rate: 2
Range: Close
Qualities: Unreliable
Weight: 2

Name: Unarmed
TN: 5
Qualities: None

Health

Current

Maximum

Poison DR: 0
Head (1-2)
Torso (3-8)
En. DR: 2
Right Arm (9-11)
Left Arm (12-14)
Right Leg (15-17)
Left Leg (18-20)
Athletics (Str): 1
Barter (Cha): 3
Big Guns (End): 1
Energy Weapons (Per): 1
Explosives (Per): 1
Melee (Str): 1
Repair (Int): 3
Speech (Cha): 3
Survival (End): 1
Perks
The difficulty of any CHA + Barter test you attempt to buy or sell goods is reduced by 1, to a minimum of 0.
When you buy or sell items, you may increase or decrease the price of the goods being traded by 10%

Traits
You have one additional tag skill. When you fail a non-Tag skill roll, GM gains 1 AP
Caps: 50 + 2d20
Carry Capacity

Current
??

Maximum

Worn Gear
Head - Item Name - ??
Torso - Item Name - Leather Chestpiece over Tough Clothes
Arms - Item Name - Tough Clothes
Legs - Item Name - Tough Clothes
Carried Gear
Pipe Pistol - 1 - 2
Personal Trinket (Pre-war Necktie)
Wares (3 rolls)
Other Gear

Pack Brahmin

I need to make a couple of rolls for this character.

Extra Caps: [roll0]

Wares:

Ammunition #1 [roll1]
Ammunition #2 [roll2]
Ammunition #3 [roll3]

Chems #1 [roll4]
Chems #2 [roll5]
Chems #3 [roll6]

Valuables and Oddities #1 [roll7]
Valuables and Oddities #2 [roll8]
Valuables and Oddities #3 [roll9]

Okay...

Ammunition 1 = Fusion Core
Ammunition 2 = .45 Rounds 12
Ammunition 3 = Railway Spikes

Chem 1 = Med-X
Chem 2 = Stimpak
Chem 3 = Buffout

Oddities and Valuables 1 = Key
Oddities and Valuables 2 = Radio
Oddities and Valuables 3 = Hacking Module

Hemnon
2024-01-27, 06:17 AM
How exactly are we supposed to roll for starting additional ammo when it just shows the combatdice image in the rules?
Like, going Wasterlander - Mercenary for starting items, it says 10+5(vaultboyface dice image)... so that's 10 ammo and... I roll 5d6s and... what would each individual number then result in? I know 1=1 damage, 2 = 2 damage, 3-4 = Nothing, 5-6 = 1 damage and special effect.... so does that means rolling a 1, 5 or 6 means 1 extra ammo, roll 2 means 2 ammo, and 3-4 means no ammo? :smallconfused:

Nuptup
2024-01-27, 06:27 AM
How exactly are we supposed to roll for starting additional ammo when it just shows the combatdice image in the rules?
Like, going Wasterlander - Mercenary for starting items, it says 10+5(vaultboyface dice image)... so that's 10 ammo and... I roll 5d6s and... what would each individual number then result in? I know 1=1 damage, 2 = 2 damage, 3-4 = Nothing, 5-6 = 1 damage and special effect.... so does that means rolling a 1, 5 or 6 means 1 extra ammo, roll 2 means 2 ammo, and 3-4 means no ammo? :smallconfused:

Correct! Also, if you follow the link in the signature for belgareth, you'll get a link to the discord server where we have been talking a little bit in that channel as well. He has a giant in the playgrounds discord server and a channel for us in the fallout recruitment. For quick questions like that. But yes you have it correct above.

Hemnon
2024-01-27, 07:21 AM
Additional Starting Ammo
[roll0] - .308

So all in all.... 5 extra ammo? yes, 5.

Captain Cap
2024-01-28, 01:26 PM
I may be spread a little too thin currently, between other games and commitments, and given I'm still far from fleshing out a character concept that would fully please me, I'll have to bow out.
But I see there's a fair amount of interest anyway, so I wish you fun, everyone :smallsmile:

BelGareth
2024-01-29, 10:36 AM

Correct! Also, if you follow the link in the signature for belgareth, you'll get a link to the discord server where we have been talking a little bit in that channel as well. He has a giant in the playgrounds discord server and a channel for us in the fallout recruitment. For quick questions like that. But yes you have it correct above.

Additional Starting Ammo
[roll0] - .308

So all in all.... 5 extra ammo? yes, 5.
As Nuptup explained, that is correct. It is a little weird, but once you get used to it, it should be fine.

I may be spread a little too thin currently, between other games and commitments, and given I'm still far from fleshing out a character concept that would fully please me, I'll have to bow out.
But I see there's a fair amount of interest anyway, so I wish you fun, everyone :smallsmile:
Sad to see you go, but i get it. Thanks for joining in the fun, and you are welcome to join if anything changes in the future.

I'll be kicking things off today (hopefully, if work behaves :) )

BelGareth
2024-01-29, 11:49 AM
Here is the map i've been working on for the PNW

Map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1QY_IsnJgQuJItqcuE7bTiYI1CijEeo8&usp=sharing)

Nuptup
2024-01-29, 04:18 PM
Here is the map i've been working on for the PNW

Map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1QY_IsnJgQuJItqcuE7bTiYI1CijEeo8&usp=sharing)

Looking pretty good! Also, I accidentally completely deleted my character sheet, so I'll have to remake it....... But I'm still interested lol!

BelGareth
2024-01-29, 04:24 PM
ok, whoever is interested, please join me in the OOC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664137-Bels-Fallout-RPG-(OOC)), post your character in your first post so we can reference it easily please, and then we can choose colors, etc and determine where we want to start and all that jazzzzzz

CardTrick
2024-01-29, 05:38 PM
Looks like the only rolls I have are for laser ammo,
[roll0]

Nuptup
2024-01-29, 07:49 PM
Made this Post footer to track character details for anyone who's playing. Didn't want to dump it in the OOC thread until all characters were added at the top. But, here you go. Take this exactly as it is below, and just replace the parts related to your character to match your stats. I suggest copying this formatting and then saving it to your device somewhere so you can easily copy and paste it every time you make a post.

THE CONTENT OF YOUR POST GOES HERE

LINK TO YOUR CHARACTER PICTURE GOES HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHARACTER NAME GOES HERE (http://LINK TO YOUR CHARACTER SHEET POST GOES HERE)
RACE/ORIGIN // ROLE/DESCRIPTOR
Defense: ?| HP: ??/?? | Initiative: ? | Poison: ?
Head DR - Physical: ? | Energy: ? | Radiation: ?
Torso DR - Physical: ? | Energy: ? | Radiation: ?
Left Arm DR - Physical: ? | Energy: ? | Radiation: ?
Right Arm DR - Physical: ? | Energy: ? | Radiation: ?
Left Leg DR - Physical: ? | Energy: ? | Radiation: ?
Right Leg DR - Physical: ? | Energy: ? | Radiation: ?
PRIMARY WEAPON GOES HERE - TN: ?? | Dmg: ?CD | Effect: ?
Qualities: ? | AMMO TYPE GOES HERE: ??
SECOND WEAPON GOES HERE - TN: ?? | Dmg: ?CD | Effect: ?
Qualities: ? | AMMO TYPE GOES HERE: ??
TAG Skills - SKILL 1: ?* | SKILL 2: ?* | SKILL 3: ?*
Other Skills - SKILL 1: ? | SKILL 2: ? | SKILL 3: ?
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None
Injuries: None

If you do it correctly, it will look like this! https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25955054&postcount=5

Wyndeward
2024-01-31, 11:02 PM
Okay...

Ammunition 1 = Fusion Core
Ammunition 2 = .45 Rounds 12
Ammunition 3 = Railway Spikes

Chem 1 = Med-X
Chem 2 = Stimpak
Chem 3 = Buffout

Oddities and Valuables 1 = Key
Oddities and Valuables 2 = Radio
Oddities and Valuables 3 = Hacking Module

.45 rounds are 12 + 4 dice.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Railway spikes are 6 + 3 dice.
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Edit: I make that to be 13 .45 rounds and 7 railroad spikes.

Wyndeward
2024-01-31, 11:07 PM

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Oh, yeah... starting ammo for my pipe pistol...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

8 plus the above would be 11 rounds, I believe.

Nuptup
2024-02-01, 04:56 PM

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Oh, yeah... starting ammo for my pipe pistol...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

8 plus the above would be 11 rounds, I believe.

All of that looks correct to me! Welcome aboard!

Lentrax
2024-02-02, 12:35 AM
Rolls from starting equipment:

Caps: [roll0]
10mm ammo: [roll1] +6 rounds =9
Fusion cell: [roll2] +6 charges =7

balanthejakal
2024-02-03, 01:08 AM
Is there still room for another in this game? I have a preliminary concept for a melee/unarmed focus supermutant mercenary/caravan guard-for-hire. Basically they are a big, mean, green deterrent.

BelGareth
2024-02-03, 01:36 AM
Is there still room for another in this game? I have a preliminary concept for a melee/unarmed focus supermutant mercenary/caravan guard-for-hire. Basically they are a big, mean, green deterrent.

Sure thing!

balanthejakal
2024-02-07, 07:01 AM
Roll for starting ammo

[roll0]

Spartanmoon
2024-02-14, 10:19 PM
Hello! I was wondering if there's still room? I sent a message on discord also since I figured that'd be the fastest, but I wanted to send one here too! I know I'm late, but I wanted to see about joining as a player since I've only ever DM'd this system before! If so, I'll get a character made up and thrown into the OOC thread above! *Crosses Fingers*

Spartanmoon
2024-02-15, 05:14 PM
I got my character added over in the OOC thread. I did my dice rolls with physical dice, but I can do them again with the online dice if you'd prefer that! Just let me know what you want/need me to do!

BelGareth
2024-02-27, 07:06 PM
still looking for new players