PDA

View Full Version : Filled The False Spark (PF1 high level)

Xavion
2024-01-05, 03:24 AM
The False Spark
Millennia ago a meteor crashed from the heavens upon the wastes of Deimos, said to rival mountains. The turmoil took decades to end, and as the dust settled a twisted mountain had formed over the site, covered with spires of rock and riddled with caves of metal. Haunted by both those who had died and those came with it.

In the modern era, the site is known as Mount Senrith and its history is mostly forgotten. A small town has set up nearby, helping support those daring adventurers that still explore it hoping for treasure, whether still functioning ancient Sendisian devices that still linger in the caves or just its many lost riches, but the dragon nests keep most from venturing too close, to say nothing of the twisted beings of rock and steel that lurk within.

You've uncovered evidence there might be a far greater treasure lurking deep within its depths than any formerly believed, an artifical spark of Bog. An artifact powerful enough that if fully ignited could allow the user to ascend to godhood, of course it's always been thought to be impossible to create one artificially, and even if one were to exist the psychic power required to fully ignite it would need thousands if not millions of people fueling it. Hence where you come in, you've each found evidence of a grand conspiracy that not only believes the spark exists, but also has plans to ignite it. You've somehow formed a group for whatever reasons you possess, somewhere deep within Mount Senrith lurks the answer to all this, and potentially one of the greatest treasures in the universe.

System: PF1
Player Count: 4-5
Style of Play: It's a small megadungeon, so a bunch of exploration and combat, with some RP but less of a focus on interacting with NPCs.
Allowed Content:
Basically all 1pp PF1 content allowed, 3pp can be asked about but entire systems are unlikely.
Background skills allowed, Knowledge (Engineering) does not count as a background skill here.
Combat Stamina allowed, feat access required.
Fractional BAB/saves is in effect.
Technologist and other technological options are allowed.
Emerging guns.
2 traits, up to 1 drawback.
A simplified feat tax rules.
Some random bits of setting related homebrew I've listed below.
Any ability limited to a single weapon of your choice can be applied to a weapon group instead, so long as every weapon in that group could've been a valid choice.
Dodge has the effects of Mobility and counts as it for prerequisites.
All characters get Weapon Finesse, Power Attack, Deadly Aim, and Combat Expertise for free so long as they meet the prerequisites.
Any feat that requires Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, or both now requires either. Precise Shot no longer requires Point Blank Shot.
Improved Combat Maneuver feats are condensed into Skilled Maneuvers and Forceful Maneuvers, these have no prerequisites. The former covers Grapple, Steal, Feint, Disarm, and Dirty Trick, the latter covers Reposition, Bull Rush, Drag, Overrun, Trip, and Sunder.
Character Creation: As long as it's easily readable by me I don't really care what you use for a sheet.
Backstory: Enough to give an idea of your character, but it's not likely to come up a ton outside of RP due to the mostly contained nature of the game. We're unlikely to be visiting a hometown on another continent. The two questions to answer on your character, how might you have found out about the spark? and why are you trying to work with others to track down the truth? Even if you're a CE being who plans to betray people if it's real and your knowledge of the spark is just having heard a tall tale from a drunk guy bragging in a pub once, still want something.
Experience: Level 16
Wealth: Standard WBL. Pre-crafting is not allowed, but is partially compensated for based on the guidelines. If you possess one crafting feat you get an additional 25% of WBL that can only be spent on items you could craft, and if you have two or more it goes up to an additional 50%.
Ability Scores: 25 PB
Hitpoints/Health: Average round up.
Alignment: Be able to work in a group. I'll follow the alignment rules so stuff like paladins function, but I don't care that much.
Other Notes:
Please avoid anything too abusive like ashen path, trompes, lucid dreaming, arbitrarily large constructs, and so on. This will mostly be handled on a case by case basis, feel free to ask if you're unsure.
While this is a homebrew setting, generally feel free to use most PF1 specific content. Like yeah sure, custom pantheon and gods exist and I can elaborate if you want, but they're not statted for use in PF1 so can use the normal gods and stuff too. A quick summary of some of the more notable highlights of the setting, can elaborate on anything.

Necromancy, specifically the creation of undead via magic, isn't inherently evil, but intelligent undead tend to view as a perversion of undeath. As most people don't like being murdered by vampires, ghosts or zombies, this creates a cultural stigma against necromancy similar to what you get in normal dnd settings.
Planes aren't really a thing. Demiplanes exist, but for the most part the setting has only a tiny handful of planes in the dnd sense so anything reliant on other planes should be asked about. This has knockon effects for how stuff like devils and demons interact in the setting as no heaven/hell but that's not likely to matter too much unless someone wants to get really into like, binding fiends or the like.
Fey are Terrific.
Deimos is full of fey, this is not a metaphor. Without the fey having their own plane they have to live somewhere, so Deimos has a kinda hollow earth thing going on where the center of the earth is the equivalent of the fey realms. Just a small lore thing, lot more fey around than most places as a result.

Boglings, a race sorta like what tieflings are to fiends or aasimar are to celestials, except to demigods.

Bogling
Boglings can be born from any race on Deimos, thought to be descendants of demigods who once walked the lands and their blood cropping up after centuries. While cosmetically almost identical to their native race, they find themselves often driven to wander and try to experience new things. Most boglings eventually find something that just clicks and defines themselves and will devote the rest of their lives to that, this can be as grand as trying to help a civilization or as small as spending decades studying a single variety of cheese.
+2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, +2 to Any other ability score Boglings are nearly always personable, and even those who aren't are unusually astute at understanding and manipulating their peers. However they'll often struggle when alone and are easily distractible.
Parentage Choose one humanoid player race such as elf, human, or halfing. Boglings are a humanoid with the corresponding subtype and count as that race for all effects.
Medium or Small As the size of their parent race, you are medium or small sized based upon it. This has the normal bonuses and penalties for being small if so.
Normal Speed Boglings have a base speed of 30 feet. Even a halfling bogling is unusually fleet-footed.
Darkvision Boglings can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Object Reading A bogling can near instantly learn how to use any device, psychically tapping into the history of it and similar. They can use object reading as an at-will spell-like ability. In addition, once per day they can choose a weapon, armor, or spell trigger item they've successfully cast object reading on, they gain proficiency with that item if it is a weapon or armor or may use it as if they were a spellcaster of the appropriate class if it is a spell trigger item, this lasts one minute per character level.
Psychic Affinity Boglings get a +1 racial bonus on saving throws vs enchantment spells and effects, and a +2 racial bonus to Sense Motive checks.
LanguagesA bogling begins play speaking common and their ethnic language. Boglings with high Intelligence may select from any language available to their parent race.

Alternate Racial Traits
Lost Heritage Some boglings find what clicks with them early in life and have time to spend refining their skill and connection with it. Choose one domain or subdomain with a 1st level ability that can be used 3 + Wisdom modifier times per day. You can use that ability once per day, plus an additional use for each four levels after 1st. This racial trait replaces object reading.
Psychic Prowess Many boglings turn to the path of psychic magic that runs in their blood. These bogling clerics with the Knowledge domain treat their Wisdom score as 2 points higher for the purposes of all cleric spells and abilities. This ability replaces psychic affinity.

This will be my first time GMing play by post, and I haven't played PbP in a few years so any advice for GMing appreciated.

I've decided against spheres, psionics, and path of war after each has been requested and carefully considered.

A discord link (https://discord.gg/bxvUTbAf) because the forums are having issues, not required.

Athaleon
2024-01-05, 03:36 AM
As posted in the other thread, I'd be keen to play a Technomancer of some sort. More to follow.

Kallimakus
2024-01-05, 04:02 AM
Posting my interest, considering options.

paradox26
2024-01-05, 04:26 AM
Posting my interest, just to be clear.

Llyarden
2024-01-05, 04:30 AM
Are any 3pp kineticist-y things likely to be allowed? Thinking something like the Focus Kineticist (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_Kineticist) and some of the triple composite blasts like Quicksilver (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Quicksilver_Blast), and possibly some of the additional elements (machine (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Machine_(Technokinesis)) feels somewhat thematic given the tech-y theme), but I haven't really narrowed it down yet.

namo
2024-01-05, 05:43 AM
Can a character do OK without any link to tech?

I'm considering a druid, leaning into the typical trope of antitech tree-hugger (yet murderous whirlwind of claws, of course).

PS: no idea what "trompes" are in the context of PF :smallredface:

Llyarden
2024-01-05, 06:10 AM
Trompe L'oeil (https://aonprd.com/MonsterTemplates.aspx?ItemName=Trompe%20l%27Oeil), a very silly template that can be made with Craft Construct.

Yas392
2024-01-05, 06:21 AM
Tentative Interest.

@Xavion Is Samsaran's Mystic Past Life racial trait something to be avoided?

Xavion
2024-01-05, 06:25 AM
As posted in the other thread, I'd be keen to play a Technomancer of some sort. More to follow.
Technomancer is completely fine yeah.

Are any 3pp kineticist-y things likely to be allowed? Thinking something like the Focus Kineticist (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Focus_Kineticist) and some of the triple composite blasts like Quicksilver (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Quicksilver_Blast), and possibly some of the additional elements (machine (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Machine_(Technokinesis)) feels somewhat thematic given the tech-y theme), but I haven't really narrowed it down yet.
If they seem reasonable they'll be fine, as mentioned or at least implied, the more I have to read to understand what 3pp stuff you're asking for the less likely I am to say yes. This isn't just "I don't want to read too much", though it's partially that, it's also the bigger it is the harder it is just to understand and properly judge whether it's suitable.

Like Focus Kineticist looks fine, you give up some flexibility and make yourself reliant on equipment in order to get better blasts and more uses of utility wild talents? Anything I'm missing there? I'm not sure what makes quicksilver a triple composite? It's 3 burn but gives you extra damage and counts as silver? Definitely could think about it. Machine while thematic probably falls under the "I don't want to commit to something that big" category, as it's actually like 90 abilities I'd want to check.

Can a character do OK without any link to tech?

I'm considering a druid, leaning into the typical trope of antitech tree-hugger (yet murderous whirlwind of claws, of course).

PS: no idea what "trompes" are in the context of PH :smallredface:

No link to tech is absolutely fine, most people in world don't have any and I don't expect you to need it, it's a very localised thing, but I'm opening it up as an option because the themes do tie back to that kinda classic "Advanced alien technology in fantasy land" you get every so often, and I think some of the Paizotech options are cool. The actual content is partially based on a few modules of this like Iron Gods. One character knowing tech could help, because under PF rules you basically just autofail knowledge checks on technology unless you're trained in it, but at the same time not knowing tech and seeing lots of strange things provides opportunity for roleplay in itself.

Being antitech in general wouldn't be much of a druid thing just cause like, there isn't enough tech for it to really matter. If someone is particularly antitechnology use it's likely because as you would expect of technology that's been sitting in a cave for thousands of years, most of it isn't particularly reliable or safe. Like an alien gun is powerful, but it's less good when there's a small chance every time you fire it just explodes in your hands. It's been around long enough you could have someone superstitious about this and disliking tech, maybe more local, just like, thematically it'd be weird for someone to come from afar on an antitech quest or anything.

Trompes are a somewhat obscure type of construct from a PF horror splatbook. They allow you to create subservient construct versions of arbitrary creatures, specifically, any creature you can get a painting of, you can create a construct version of, and it has all their abilities. Even unique creatures like Cthulhu, the only thing resembling a real limitation is you need to get your CL up to the HD of the creature you're copying but that's not a huge limitation and there's an argument even that doesn't apply. I hope it's fairly obvious why obedient construct versions of any creature in existence easily falls into the abusive category.

EDIT:

Tentative Interest.

@Xavion Is Samsaran's Mystic Past Life racial trait something to be avoided?
Just don't do anything too abusive with it? Like I know it's cool and all, and druid stealing cleric spells? Totally fine. Just using it to I dunno, cheat lower spell levels off paladin or something? I dunno as much how I feel about that. I would say it should be based on your stat as it was at level 1 though, not at level 16, since it's a weird one where it actually checks your ability score at chargen.

Llyarden
2024-01-05, 06:46 AM
Like Focus Kineticist looks fine, you give up some flexibility and make yourself reliant on equipment in order to get better blasts and more uses of utility wild talents? Anything I'm missing there? I'm not sure what makes quicksilver a triple composite? It's 3 burn but gives you extra damage and counts as silver? Definitely could think about it. Machine while thematic probably falls under the "I don't want to commit to something that big" category, as it's actually like 90 abilities I'd want to check.

Sorry, that's just what I call it in the absence of a proper name; what I meant is that you need three elements in order to do it (earth/earth/water) - admittedly, in that case, two of them are the same, but it was the first example I found that used only Paizo elements.

In that case I would probably like to 'formally' request the Focus Kineticist and Quicksilver Blast, as well as the following:
- Gritty Mutation (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Gritty_Mutation) (mutations are sort of like an archetype; you can only have one)
- Adamantine (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Adamantine_Infusion) infusion
- Twisted Metal (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Hostile_Woodwork#TWISTED_METAL) utility talent
- Metal Manipulator (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Manipulator) utility talent.
And also a couple of items:
- Robe of Burn Conversion (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Robe_of_Burn_Conversion)
- Teardrop Ioun Stone (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Teardrop_Ioun_Stone)

Infernally Clay
2024-01-05, 07:21 AM
I'm thinking a Tiefling unchained rogue could be a lot of fun for this. Pick up a familiar with the advanced rogue talent, combo the Opportunist advanced rogue talent with Combat Expertise... Yeah I can have a lot of fun with this.

I'm just going to write some things down so I don't forget...

Stat spread at 16th level will be... STR 10, DEX 22, CON 14, INT 18, WIS 12, CHA 5.

192 skill points.

Rogue's Edge will be Stealth, Sense Motive and Escape Artist.

Triskavanski
2024-01-05, 09:30 AM
I'll try coming up with something here.

BelGareth
2024-01-05, 11:11 AM
Interested with some kind of wacky caster who uses his spell components like Ammo for his offensive spells (aka guns). should be fun to build and play.

Yas392
2024-01-05, 11:24 AM
Withdrawing.

samduke
2024-01-05, 11:39 AM
tentative interest

are you allowing Psionic as their systems are different

edited

BelGareth
2024-01-05, 12:13 PM
tentative interest

are you allowing Spheres, Psionic as their systems are different

Read the very last line of the OP

samduke
2024-01-05, 12:37 PM
Read the very last line of the OP

noted and yeah I missed that somehow, still leaves the other to be answered

niw18
2024-01-05, 05:21 PM
interesting thinking a elan

soulgunner an archetype of mindblade with high psionics with him forming either a Cylinder rifle or Pepperbox rifle

Xavion
2024-01-05, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I spent some time thinking about them.

Spheres I decided against because I think Spheres gels a lot worse with technological options than traditional Pathfinder magic, and I personally dislike using both at once so decided to stick with normal magic.

Psionics avoids this problem by just having zero interaction with technology, technically there's the arcforge expansion but I've only read enough of that to see that it has some of the dumbest powers I've ever seen put to paper (who thought the ability to gain arbitrary monster abilities as an instantaneous effect was sensible?) My main issue with psionics, and a large part of why I'm thinking no right now, is I've just never really been a fan of the PP mechanic which is kinda required to use psionics. That and I'm generally trying to avoid major 3pp systems unless I'm both extremely familiar with the system and more confident in its power, which admittedly kinda restricts it to just pacts but I wasn't really expecting those to be asked about so haven't thought much about it.

Maybe if there's some smaller psionic parts that don't have to involve all of manifesting? I could make like, a psychic themed race or two if it's some thematics wanted.

Sorry, that's just what I call it in the absence of a proper name; what I meant is that you need three elements in order to do it (earth/earth/water) - admittedly, in that case, two of them are the same, but it was the first example I found that used only Paizo elements.

In that case I would probably like to 'formally' request the Focus Kineticist and Quicksilver Blast, as well as the following:
- Gritty Mutation (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Gritty_Mutation) (mutations are sort of like an archetype; you can only have one)
- Adamantine (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Adamantine_Infusion) infusion
- Twisted Metal (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Hostile_Woodwork#TWISTED_METAL) utility talent
- Metal Manipulator (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Metal_Manipulator) utility talent.
And also a couple of items:
- Robe of Burn Conversion (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Robe_of_Burn_Conversion)
- Teardrop Ioun Stone (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Teardrop_Ioun_Stone)
Focus Kineticist looks fine, as does Quicksilver blast.
Just making sure I understand Gritty Mutation, but doesn't it not work with Quicksilver blast? I guess if you gather power it'd become usable?
Adamantine Infusion looks fine, although note as written it only bypasses hardness on objects.
Twisted Metal I'm not sure how this is meant to work, since it seems like it's predicated on having the hostile flora ability which you don't get without wood.
Metal Manipulator looks fine. A quick skim indicates it might occasionally require some rulings on specific interactions like Shift Earth, but seems fine. This looks like it'd require picking earth as both a primary element and one of your expanded elements?
Robe of Burn Conversion looks fine.
Teardrop Ioun Stone I think is fine? Is it meant to do something like cheat prerequisites I should be aware of it is just a damage/DC increaser like it looks like? Just want to make sure I understand it before I say yes.

Rokku
2024-01-05, 10:59 PM
This looks pretty cool, and I'd like to request the Legendary Monk (https://metzo.miraheze.org/wiki/Legendary_Monk).

Xavion
2024-01-05, 11:54 PM
This looks pretty cool, and I'd like to request the Legendary Monk (https://metzo.miraheze.org/wiki/Legendary_Monk).

So I'm a big monk fan, favorite class in 1e for sure. That said, I'm thinking about this, before I decide I'm going to ask what about it makes it uniquely suitable for your character idea over Unchained Monk?

Personally I'm leaning no right now, but making sure to ask first, and partially because I know I'm biased. I think Unchained Monk is the best class in PF1, and at least the strongest non-caster class in my opinion though I know both are somewhat contentious views.

samduke
2024-01-06, 12:11 AM
In the same area as Legendary monk are other Legendary "Class" would you allow any if them?

Being a technology style game in 3pp area they ported over the 3.5 artificer would you allow that?

Xavion
2024-01-06, 12:47 AM
In the same area as Legendary monk are other Legendary "Class" would you allow any if them?

Being a technology style game in 3pp area they ported over the 3.5 artificer would you allow that?

So legendary classes fall into two main categories, ones I've read, and ones I haven't. Like Monk is more in the latter. Most of the ones in the former have a tendency to make me laugh at how stupid some of the abilities are so no, but hey, maybe there's a reasonable legendary class, I've just not got high hopes based on their track record. The fact that they're all independently balanced might help that, even if the legendary classes not being balanced for being used together means they do have to be evaluated individually.

On Artificer, never looked into it but I could if people are interested in the option.

Llyarden
2024-01-06, 05:09 AM
Focus Kineticist looks fine, as does Quicksilver blast.
Just making sure I understand Gritty Mutation, but doesn't it not work with Quicksilver blast? I guess if you gather power it'd become usable?
Adamantine Infusion looks fine, although note as written it only bypasses hardness on objects.
Twisted Metal I'm not sure how this is meant to work, since it seems like it's predicated on having the hostile flora ability which you don't get without wood.
Metal Manipulator looks fine. A quick skim indicates it might occasionally require some rulings on specific interactions like Shift Earth, but seems fine. This looks like it'd require picking earth as both a primary element and one of your expanded elements?
Robe of Burn Conversion looks fine.
Teardrop Ioun Stone I think is fine? Is it meant to do something like cheat prerequisites I should be aware of it is just a damage/DC increaser like it looks like? Just want to make sure I understand it before I say yes.

Yes, Quicksilver Blast will only work via Gather Power + Supercharge if I take the Gritty Mutation.

Twisted Metal functions as Hostile Woodwork, so as far as I know I don't need to take Hostile Woodwork itself. And yes, the plan is to go Earth/Earth/Water. Or Earth/Water/Earth, one of those two anyway.

The teardrop stone is just for increasing DCs/damage (or at least that's all I was wanting to use it for.)

samduke
2024-01-06, 07:54 AM
On Artificer, never looked into it but I could if people are interested in the option.

well I am interested it fits with the whole techno theme.
not sure if I can link it so
eberronpathfinder conversion-info classes artificer - is where I am looking

there is also a 3rd Party Classes >Drop Dead Studios > Artisan - which also does the trick just differently

Xavion
2024-01-06, 08:09 AM
Yes, Quicksilver Blast will only work via Gather Power + Supercharge if I take the Gritty Mutation.

Twisted Metal functions as Hostile Woodwork, so as far as I know I don't need to take Hostile Woodwork itself. And yes, the plan is to go Earth/Earth/Water. Or Earth/Water/Earth, one of those two anyway.

The teardrop stone is just for increasing DCs/damage (or at least that's all I was wanting to use it for.)
Sure on gritty mutation and the ioun stone then, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Twisted Metal was just weird yeah, since it functions as Hostile Woodwork except with metal stuff, except the way Hostile Woodwork worked as written was it provided new ways to use your Hostile Flora ability which was a prerequisite for Woodwork but not for Twisted Metal.

So something like this is the combination I guess, I'll say this is fine. I've combined their wordings and nudged one or two things, buffed it by letting it work on any metallic creature, but tweaked slightly how it interacts with magical items so it's more generic than a rule specifically for weapons and not like, rings or headbands. Overall it should be about the same but open to your thoughts on it.

Twisted Metal
Element earth; Type utility (Sp); Level 4; Burn 0
Prerequisite metal blast
Saving Throw Fortitude negates (see text)
You can use this wild talent as part of activating a metal blast or a composite blast with metal blast as a prerequisite. You can target a metallic object or creature within 30 feet to use as the origin of the blast. Magical objects can only be targeted if your kineticist level is at least equal to the caster level of the object, but you add one third the object's caster level rounded down to the damage of your blast. The target takes minimum damage your blast would deal, but if it succeeds at a Fortitude save it takes no damage and negates the kinetic blast. As the target is used for the origin of the blast, you may ignore cover and calculate range from its location, although concealment applies as normal if you are unable to see the target for the blast itself. If you apply the extended or extreme range infusions to your blast, increase the range of this talent to 120 feet or 480 feet respectively.

I think I'm getting more sucked into the idea of this game than I expected too, which is more likely to result in me trying to find more opportunities to jam in more lore, more RP, and more looks at homebrew. Like I just got distracted and wrote an entire race of psychically gifted humanoids? This is unusual for me.

Bogling
Boglings can be born from any race on Deimos, thought to be descendants of demigods who once walked the lands and their blood cropping up after centuries. While cosmetically almost identical to their native race, they find themselves often driven to wander and try to experience new things. Most boglings eventually find something that just clicks and defines themselves and will devote the rest of their lives to that, this can be as grand as trying to help a civilization or as small as spending decades studying a single variety of cheese.
+2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, +2 to Any other ability score Boglings are nearly always personable, and even those who aren't are unusually astute at understanding and manipulating their peers. However they'll often struggle when alone and are easily distractible.
Parentage Choose one humanoid player race such as elf, human, or halfing. Boglings are a humanoid with the corresponding subtype and count as that race for all effects.
Medium or Small As the size of their parent race, you are medium or small sized based upon it. This has the normal bonuses and penalties for being small if so.
Normal Speed Boglings have a base speed of 30 feet. Even a halfling bogling is unusually fleet-footed.
Darkvision Boglings can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Object Reading A bogling can near instantly learn how to use any device, psychically tapping into the history of it and similar. They can use object reading as an at-will spell-like ability. In addition, once per day they can choose a weapon, armor, or spell trigger item they've successfully cast object reading on, they gain proficiency with that item if it is a weapon or armor or may use it as if they were a spellcaster of the appropriate class if it is a spell trigger item, this lasts one minute per character level.
Psychic Affinity Boglings get a +1 racial bonus on saving throws vs enchantment spells and effects, and a +2 racial bonus to Sense Motive checks.
LanguagesA bogling begins play speaking common and their ethnic language. Boglings with high Intelligence may select from any language available to their parent race.

Alternate Racial Traits
Lost Heritage Some boglings find what clicks with them early in life and have time to spend refining their skill and connection with it. Choose one domain or subdomain with a 1st level ability that can be used 3 + Wisdom modifier times per day. You can use that ability once per day, plus an additional use for each four levels after 1st. This racial trait replaces object reading.
Psychic Prowess Many boglings turn to the path of psychic magic that runs in their blood. These bogling clerics with the Knowledge domain treat their Wisdom score as 2 points higher for the purposes of all cleric spells and abilities. This ability replaces psychic affinity.

@Samduke On artificier, I am specifically looking at this conversion (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/classes/artificer?authuser=0). I'll say it looks mostly fine, anything beyond that class and the small amount of bonus feats listed in that class from that site please ask about before using, I think all of their infusions are normal Paizo spells but if I missed any please tell me. Also psionic stuff is irrelevant as not using psionics, but psychic magic is because it clearly predates PF inventing psychic magic as a third category. My initial reading leaves me just wanting to make one small nerf though, for the Artificer's Knowledge ability, only an amount of skill ranks up to a maximum of your class level would apply. I'll let it be used, it looks like it's mostly just a kinda flexible item focused caster, but the idea of "Dip Artificer to get 9th level spellcasting on my fighter" seems a bit too iffy for me, so just nerfing that bit so it actually scales with class level, not just character level. My only other real concern at this time I think is the potential for spammable mage's disjunction, but can tackle that if it becomes a problem, just noting it now that I'm a little wary of it.

samduke
2024-01-06, 08:17 AM
@Samduke On artificier, I am specifically looking at this conversion (https://sites.google.com/site/eberronpathfinder/conversion-info/classes/artificer?authuser=0). I'll say it looks mostly fine, anything beyond that class and the small amount of bonus feats listed in that class from that site please ask about before using, I think all of their infusions are normal Paizo spells but if I missed any please tell me. Also psionic stuff is irrelevant as not using psionics, but psychic magic is because it clearly predates PF inventing psychic magic as a third category. My initial reading leaves me just wanting to make one small nerf though, for the Artificer's Knowledge ability, only an amount of skill ranks up to a maximum of your class level would apply. I'll let it be used, it looks like it's mostly just a kinda flexible item focused caster, but the idea of "Dip Artificer to get 9th level spellcasting on my fighter" seems a bit too iffy for me, so just nerfing that bit so it actually scales with class level, not just character level. My only other real concern at this time I think is the potential for spammable mage's disjunction, but can tackle that if it becomes a problem, just noting it now that I'm a little wary of it.

that is also why I mentioned the 3rd Party Class Artisan , if it makes things easier

Xavion
2024-01-06, 08:22 AM
that is also why I mentioned the 3rd Party Class Artisan , if it makes things easier

Artisan (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan/) This one? Is there a better source? I'm just always iffy about using d20pfsrd myself, and if a better source exists I'd prefer it, though d20pfsrd is fine if no good alternative exists.

samduke
2024-01-06, 08:26 AM
Artisan (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/drop-dead-studios/the-artisan/) This one? Is there a better source? I'm just always iffy about using d20pfsrd myself, and if a better source exists I'd prefer it, though d20pfsrd is fine if no good alternative exists.

no unfortunately I do not see another source either (google-fu)

Infernally Clay
2024-01-06, 08:38 AM
Mechanically, my Unchained Rogue (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2868373) is nearly done.

I don't believe she's particularly well optimised, but she does have some neat gimmicks. The main thing to watch out for, of course, is that she can inflict both bewildered and disoriented through debilitating injury, which is a -8 penalty to their attack rolls and AC to the rogue and a -6 penalty to everyone else. That's not really one of her gimmicks, though, that's just a standard rogue thing at this level.

As you'd imagine, it would benefit the party a lot to help her land sneak attacks every turn against particularly dangerous enemies and at 17th level she's going to pick up the Anatomical Savant feat so she has a 25% chance of landing sneak attacks against enemies normally immune to them.

...and that's all her items done. Exactly 330'000gp, somehow.

samduke
2024-01-06, 08:41 AM
@Xavion
I guess it needs asked as the big16 does not exactly state, as far as optimization is concerned, where would you like characters (Low, Mid, High, and Guda)

Xavion
2024-01-06, 09:09 AM
Mechanically, my Unchained Rogue (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2868373) is nearly done.

I don't believe she's particularly well optimised, but she does have some neat gimmicks. The main thing to watch out for, of course, is that she can inflict both bewildered and disoriented through debilitating injury, which is a -8 penalty to their attack rolls and AC to the rogue and a -6 penalty to everyone else. That's not really one of her gimmicks, though, that's just a standard rogue thing at this level.

As you'd imagine, it would benefit the party a lot to help her land sneak attacks every turn against particularly dangerous enemies and at 17th level she's going to pick up the Anatomical Savant feat so she has a 25% chance of landing sneak attacks against enemies normally immune to them.
That's not how debilitations work is it or is there a rogue talent which buffs it? By my reading only the penalty against the rogue specifically scales, the penalty against others stays at the base -2 no?

@Xavion
I guess it needs asked as the big16 does not exactly state, as far as optimization is concerned, where would you like characters (Low, Mid, High, and Guda)
Mid I guess? Part of the reason why I'm avoiding like, gestalt or piling in a bunch of 3pp systems is I want to avoid this being a bloated mess of wacky powerful stuff. There's a place for that, and it's not any first try at GMing for PbP. If say, someone just wants to play a sneaky rogue who does rogue things and isn't trying to do a bunch of dumb stuff, I want that to be fine and not feel like they're mostly redundant or anything you know?

On Artisan vs Artificer, I'm leaning Artisan, it looks like a more interesting and more well designed class. My sticking point is staff mastery, I'd obviously be saying that only applies to magic items, your magical magic item boosting ability doesn't conjure up electricity, that's what tech related abilities are for. My real sticking point with it that I'm musing on though is would staff mastery basically making even 1 charge wands infinite use be problematic?

Infernally Clay
2024-01-06, 09:11 AM
That's not how debilitations work is it or is there a rogue talent which buffs it? By my reading only the penalty against the rogue specifically scales, the penalty against others stays at the base -2 no?

Oh, good catch. So she'll get -8 to attack rolls and AC but everyone else gets -2. Still pretty amazing.

samduke
2024-01-06, 09:29 AM
Mid I guess? Part of the reason why I'm avoiding like, gestalt or piling in a bunch of 3pp systems is I want to avoid this being a bloated mess of wacky powerful stuff.

On Artisan vs Artificer, I'm leaning Artisan, it looks like a more interesting and more well designed class. My sticking point is staff mastery, I'd obviously be saying that only applies to magic items, your magical magic item boosting ability doesn't conjure up electricity, that's what tech related abilities are for. My real sticking point with it that I'm musing on though is would staff mastery basically making even 1 charge wands infinite use be problematic?

okay that being the case and all MID is not the place for artisan or artificer at all, I have no issue going another route, and I will avoid 3pp

But now I need to ask about Technologist and other technological options are allowed. & Emerging guns

RE: Firearms & Technology
as firearms are Emerging guns, that does not equal things under Technology like Laser pistol & Death ray

so can you please define Technologist and other technological options for clarity

Llyarden
2024-01-06, 09:32 AM
What would the right skill be for doing Master Craftsman stuff for magic firearms? Craft (Weapons)? Or would it be something more niche like Craft (Guns)?

samduke
2024-01-06, 09:40 AM
What would the right skill be for doing Master Craftsman stuff for magic firearms? Craft (Weapons)? Or would it be something more niche like Craft (Guns)?

firearms for certain, though gunsmithing also covers that to a poin

I am thinking Alchemist (Gun Chemist) / Gunslinger (Gun Scavenger)

edited

Llyarden
2024-01-06, 09:42 AM
Well, the reason I ask is that the Create Enhanced Firearm (https://aonprd.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Create%20Enhanced%20Fire arm) feat specifically requires Craft (Weapons) rather then Craft (Firearms) despite the latter being an explicit skill that exists and the feat only being useful for firearms, because who needs consistency when you're writing rules for an RPG? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh, right, I remembered the other question I wanted to ask - if we take the tech crafting feats, how do we handle access to crafting labs (which are supposed to be on par with artifacts and thus don't have prices as far as I know). Answered below.

Xavion
2024-01-06, 09:42 AM
okay that being the case and all MID is not the place for artisan or artificer at all, I have no issue going another route, and I will avoid 3pp

But now I need to ask about Technologist and other technological options are allowed. & Emerging guns

RE: Firearms & Technology
as firearms are Emerging guns, that does not equal things under Technology like Laser pistol & Death ray

so can you please define Technologist and other technological options for clarity
As shown I don't have any issues with 3pp or a bit of homebrew in general, but yeah.

The technological items are looted from the mountain, actually crafting them is almost impossible due to the lack of high tech tooling and most are in poor condition and unreliable due to age so as a result they haven't had any meaningful impact on the tech level of the setting. Now, if you were on the planet they were from, then it'd be a different story, but the world you're in is emerging guns, just with a few unusually high tech weapons floating around. If you buy a death ray with starting gold you might've spent years in character looking for a fully functional version, or just gotten lucky. Timeworn versions of items also exist for half price, but timeworn items have a tendency to glitch out and can't be recharged so they're basically just consumables. Places to craft technological items do exist, but they're all within the mountain so not realistically accessible for most.

Is there anything else you want to know on this?

Per Ultimate Combat, firearms use the Craft (Firearms) skill.

Auranghzeb
2024-01-06, 09:51 AM
Gotta try it, depending on your feelings for Path of War. I'd love to make a Voltaic 8--Landsknecht 8. Simple but effective mercenary with a longsword. I mean, Voltaic is too thematic with the game

Llyarden
2024-01-06, 10:01 AM
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but are there any limits on races?

Xavion
2024-01-06, 10:02 AM
Well, the reason I ask is that the Create Enhanced Firearm (https://aonprd.com/FeatDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Create%20Enhanced%20Fire arm) feat specifically requires Craft (Weapons) rather then Craft (Firearms) despite the latter being an explicit skill that exists and the feat only being useful for firearms, because who needs consistency when you're writing rules for an RPG? :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Oh, right, I remembered the other question I wanted to ask - if we take the tech crafting feats, how do we handle access to crafting labs (which are supposed to be on par with artifacts and thus don't have prices as far as I know). Answered below.
I'd let you use Craft (Firearms) instead of Craft (Weapons) for the prereq if you want? That'd be fine.

Gotta try it, depending on your feelings for Path of War. I'd love to make a Voltaic 8--Landsknecht 8. Simple but effective mercenary with a longsword. I mean, Voltaic is too thematic with the game
Sorry, but I'll say no to Path of War, while interesting it adds a bunch of extra work as a GM to account for it, particularly sparking which requires regular access to enemies that use Path or War. I'd prefer to use that time on things like fleshing out the NPCs. I hope you can still find something you like.

samduke
2024-01-06, 10:07 AM
I'd let you use Craft (Firearms) instead of Craft (Weapons) for the prereq if you want? That'd be fine.

RE: the Create Enhanced Firearm feat > OKAY KEWL

The Alchemist Discovery: Explosive Missile, When the infused ammunition hits its target, it deals damage normally and detonates as if the alchemist had thrown the bomb at the target. If the explosive missile misses, it does not detonate.

The question is this discovery does not require "Bomb" and I am trading Bomb away with Gun Chemist
Can I still get the "Bomb" effect ?

Xavion
2024-01-06, 10:24 AM
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but are there any limits on races?
Not really, if it's something really out there like a drow noble, trox, mature deep one, or whatever then ask, but normalish races are fine. Could even play one of the setting specific homebrew races, though the only I've actually written stats for are boglings which I've added to the first post.

RE: the Create Enhanced Firearm feat > OKAY KEWL

The Alchemist Discovery: Explosive Missile, When the infused ammunition hits its target, it deals damage normally and detonates as if the alchemist had thrown the bomb at the target. If the explosive missile misses, it does not detonate.

The question is this discovery does not require "Bomb" and I am trading Bomb away with Gun Chemist
Can I still get the "Bomb" effect ?
Explosive Missile + Gunchemist, I'm staring at it now. There's a few ways to tackle this, the real GM brain answer is it'll basically just be a way to get double damage whenever you don't full attack and I feel like that just encourages the five minute adventuring day to an unnecessary degree.

The more RAW answer is someting like it specifically gives the effect as if you'd thrown your bomb at them, and while alchemical ordinance does count as a bomb for discoveries so including that. I'm pretty sure you have to actually fire your bullets for them to detonate, so just detonating like a thrown alchemical ordinance is probably less "fiery explosion" and more "d1 improvised weapon".

Llyarden
2024-01-06, 10:29 AM
Well, the race I was looking at in particular is the Android. It felt kinda thematic (my current theory is that [insert character name here] was found in Mount Senrith as a child and rescued and raised in the nearby town, but I might change that around later.)

Xavion
2024-01-06, 10:31 AM
Android is fine.

samduke
2024-01-06, 11:11 AM
WBL 315,000 gp
Wealth: Standard WBL. Pre-crafting is not allowed, but is partially compensated for based on the guidelines. If you possess one crafting feat you get an additional 25% of WBL that can only be spent on items you could craft, and if you have two or more it goes up to an additional 50%.

so I am looking at these things as possible reduction to crafting

Human
Dimdweller (2 RP)

Trait
(magic) Spark of Creation: Benefit(s): You gain a +1 trait bonus on Craft checks, and the cost of creating magic items is reduced by 5%.

Feat
Arcane Builder: You create items of this type 25% faster than normal

Prodigy: Choose two Craft, Perform, or Profession skills in any combination. You receive a +2 bonus on checks with these skills. If you have 10 or more ranks in any one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.

Skill Focus (skill)

Craft Magic Arms and Armor: the cost is reduced 25%

Master Craftsman

Create Enhanced Firearm

Item
Father's Forgehammer 4,800 gp
the total time to craft the item is decreased by 25% (minimum 1 day)

* reduction cost 30%, reduction time 50%

Now the Gunslinger (Gun Scavenger) allows me to pick up "bits and pieces"

just with a few unusually high tech weapons floating around. If you buy a death ray with starting gold you might've spent years in character looking for a fully functional version, or just gotten lucky.

I am not after the "Death Ray" but rather used it as an example

I would like to discuss the ability to have crafted a Modern Firearm

Revolver, Nagant M1895 1d8x4 range 80 ft. misfire 1 capacity 7 4 lbs. B and P 400 gp

this is the listed price, I would imagine that under Emerging Guns the Nagant more likely is 4,000 gp
similar to the Advanced Firearm "Revolver"

Also I pickup the Gunsmithing feat 2 times can I trade the 2nd out for a different (General) feat ?

Xavion
2024-01-06, 05:57 PM
WBL 315,000 gp

so I am looking at these things as possible reduction to crafting

Human
Dimdweller (2 RP)

Trait
(magic) Spark of Creation: Benefit(s): You gain a +1 trait bonus on Craft checks, and the cost of creating magic items is reduced by 5%.

Feat
Arcane Builder: You create items of this type 25% faster than normal

Prodigy: Choose two Craft, Perform, or Profession skills in any combination. You receive a +2 bonus on checks with these skills. If you have 10 or more ranks in any one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.

Skill Focus (skill)

Craft Magic Arms and Armor: the cost is reduced 25%

Master Craftsman

Create Enhanced Firearm

Item
Father's Forgehammer 4,800 gp
the total time to craft the item is decreased by 25% (minimum 1 day)

* reduction cost 30%, reduction time 50%

Now the Gunslinger (Gun Scavenger) allows me to pick up "bits and pieces"

I am not after the "Death Ray" but rather used it as an example

I would like to discuss the ability to have crafted a Modern Firearm

Revolver, Nagant M1895 1d8x4 range 80 ft. misfire 1 capacity 7 4 lbs. B and P 400 gp

this is the listed price, I would imagine that under Emerging Guns the Nagant more likely is 4,000 gp
similar to the Advanced Firearm "Revolver"

Also I pickup the Gunsmithing feat 2 times can I trade the 2nd out for a different (General) feat ?
So some kind of crafting focused wizard or something? Why does craft magic arms or armor provide a discount on items? Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out what here is an actual question and what is just you noting ideas for your build.

On the modern firearms, I'm going to say no cause they wouldn't exist. The juxtaposition between a pre-industrial fantasy world and a mountain filled with sci-fi technology is part of the classic formula this game is built around, so there's just this big gap in the accessible tech tree around industrial to modern technology. If you want more reliable weapons than offered by conventional black powder guns I'd recommend looking into the alchemical means for increasing consistency or technological guns. There's some magic too iirc.

On gunsmithing, what were your two sources? I'm fine swapping it for something, I'd just want something that still fits thematically with the sources. Like if it's from a level of Gunslinger probably shouldn't give Skill Focus (Arcana) or anything.

In completely unrelated things to that for everyone, I've been considering making a discord server, thoughts? I've just been finding multiple times throughout the last few days that this site has been erroring and unable to load for me, or sometimes extremely sluggish even if it's loading.

samduke
2024-01-06, 06:17 PM
@gm
Re craft reduction for the craft feat xomes from your big 16, i noted at the top. - If you possess one crafting feat you get an additional 25%

Re gunsmith feat coms from gunslinger clas and from and the archtype,Gun Chemist

Re discord, YES PLEASE, just post approvals here

Benoojian
2024-01-06, 06:23 PM
I want to make a character focused on summoning, mostly to flank with allies and for BFC. Probably a Master Summoner. I don’t really care for the Eidolon but standard action summoning is so much better than 1 round.

Unless you’d allow the 3.5 ACF for wizard that trades familiar to make summon spells faster? Trading the whole Arcane Bond feature obviously.

niw18
2024-01-06, 08:15 PM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
?? (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2868373)
Tiefling rouge
?? maybe stealth secondary combatant
nearly done

Niw18
Ragnar (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2573508)
Dhampir lord of utter cold Uttercold Knight ACF
skirmisher and secondary caster. He can also provide the tank role with his undead but it would be better for a more dedicated class to fill that role.

about 60 percent complete

-
- (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=)
-
-
-

-
- (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=)
-
-
-

-
- (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=)
-
-
-

-
- (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=-)
-
-
-

-
- (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=-)
-
-
-

-
- (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=-)
-
-
-

-
- (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=-)[/TD]
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Xavion
2024-01-06, 08:51 PM
@gm
Re craft reduction for the craft feat xomes from your big 16, i noted at the top. - If you possess one crafting feat you get an additional 25%

Re gunsmith feat coms from gunslinger clas and from and the archtype,Gun Chemist

Re discord, YES PLEASE, just post approvals here
Crafting cost/time reductions wouldn't grant you additional WBL with that rule as it doesn't reduce the cost of crafting, it compensates for investing in crafting by giving you extra items without using the normal crafting process. It's simpler to check for me and more in line with the official guidelines on how crafting feats should affect character wealth than pre-crafting often is, hopefully it's simpler to create for a player too as you don't actually have to work out things like craft modifiers and the DC of every item you want.

I want to make a character focused on summoning, mostly to flank with allies and for BFC. Probably a Master Summoner. I don’t really care for the Eidolon but standard action summoning is so much better than 1 round.

Unless you’d allow the 3.5 ACF for wizard that trades familiar to make summon spells faster? Trading the whole Arcane Bond feature obviously.
If you can link it I can look at it, but I'm much less familiar with 3.5 than PF so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I've also created a discord for anyone, linked it in the main post too, it's not required to join. Link is here. (https://discord.gg/bxvUTbAf)

Benoojian
2024-01-07, 02:06 AM
...and that's all her items done. Exactly 330'000gp, somehow.

Your bracers of armor are kinda overpriced since you aren't using all your magic item slots

Consider
Bracers of Armor +4 16,000
Ring of Protection +3 deflection 18,000
Dusty Rose Prism (Ioun Stone) +1 insight 5000
39000 for the same AC bonus, saving you 25,000 plus making your touch AC 4 higher

Also, I will summon little rogue angels for you to flank with to get sneak attack

Auranghzeb
2024-01-07, 07:01 AM

Sorry, but I'll say no to Path of War, while interesting it adds a bunch of extra work as a GM to account for it, particularly sparking which requires regular access to enemies that use Path or War. I'd prefer to use that time on things like fleshing out the NPCs. I hope you can still find something you like.

Yeah, got it. I think I can do what I want with an Investigator. Brawns and Brain frontliner with a Canesword and Mutagens.

samduke
2024-01-07, 07:44 AM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
?? (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2868373)
Tiefling rouge
?? maybe stealth secondary combatant
nearly done

Niw18
skirmisher and secondary caster. He can also provide the tank role with his undead but it would be better for a more dedicated class to fill that role.

Samduke
Dawn Quixote (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2820444)
Human - Alchemist/Gunslinger
support
Complete

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

updated table

Infernally Clay
2024-01-07, 10:41 AM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Cheshire (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2868373)
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Stealthy, debuffer, single target damage dealer
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
WIP

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

There we go.

Benoojian
2024-01-07, 01:50 PM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
WIP

Benoojian
Randal Thorpe (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2868650)
Human Wizard(High Conjurer)
Shadowmage, creates real and unreal objects and creatures to control the battlefield, some buffing and utility
Almost Done

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Added Randal to the table, may drop his tricks down a level or two depending on how tuned other characters turn out.

Rokku
2024-01-07, 06:28 PM
So I'm a big monk fan, favorite class in 1e for sure. That said, I'm thinking about this, before I decide I'm going to ask what about it makes it uniquely suitable for your character idea over Unchained Monk?

Personally I'm leaning no right now, but making sure to ask first, and partially because I know I'm biased. I think Unchained Monk is the best class in PF1, and at least the strongest non-caster class in my opinion though I know both are somewhat contentious views.

Honestly I just think it's cool. I've played a lot of Unchained Monk and this would open up some possibilities I've never tried before. It might actually be worse than Unchained Monk from a strict mechanical perspective, I'm not sure.

Woulda gotten to this sooner but man the site has been STRUGGLING the last few days!

Xavion
2024-01-07, 07:56 PM
Honestly I just think it's cool. I've played a lot of Unchained Monk and this would open up some possibilities I've never tried before. It might actually be worse than Unchained Monk from a strict mechanical perspective, I'm not sure.

Woulda gotten to this sooner but man the site has been STRUGGLING the last few days!
Yeah, I made a Discord for discussion due to the issues the site has been having recently, linked in the first post.

I've been generally trying to keep things I allow more simple, an archetype with a couple of features, an item, that kinda thing. Just more manageable for me, why I'm leaning no on L. monk, though I'm thinking on it.

TankLaser007
2024-01-08, 03:50 AM
Xavion would a Bogling Technomancer be permitted?

Llyarden
2024-01-08, 05:09 AM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
WIP

Benoojian
Shadowmage, creates real and unreal objects and creatures to control the battlefield, some buffing and utility
Almost Done

Llyarden
Ario (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2868852)
Android Kineticist (Focus Kineticist / Gritty Mutation)
Blaster, trap finder, backup face
Mechanically done

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Just adding myself to the table.

BelGareth
2024-01-08, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=Llyarden;25942248]

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
WIP

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Rexwald the Hunter (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2869125)
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer
Eccentric Magitech Blaster/utility/BFC
Spend wealth + backstory to do

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

samduke
2024-01-08, 05:51 PM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

just updating my status to complete

Talivan
2024-01-08, 08:11 PM
Still in recruiting?

I will work on a Synthesist

Xavion
2024-01-08, 11:46 PM
Still in recruiting?

I will work on a Synthesist

Still recruiting, I haven't decided exactly when I'll close it but probably sometime next week.

Triskavanski
2024-01-08, 11:48 PM
is it going to be tight spaces?

niw18
2024-01-09, 12:10 AM
just updating my sheet on table

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18
Nashota The Fool (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2868459)
Shobhad unchained monk madmen archtype
skirmishers and various other duties
about 95 percent complete

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Xavion
2024-01-09, 12:12 AM
is it going to be tight spaces?
Like, corridors and the like? While cramped rooms and corridors will be rare, most doors are still only going to be designed to accomodate medium creatures.

Talivan
2024-01-10, 02:14 PM
Requesting Self Delusion Feat (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/rogue-genius-games/general-feats/self-delusion)

Xavion
2024-01-10, 08:40 PM
Requesting Self Delusion Feat (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/rogue-genius-games/general-feats/self-delusion)
I'll say no, although remember there's a similar but slightly weaker 1pp feat. Still good though.

I've also decided I'm planning on a closing date of Wednesday, although due to timezones this is practically speaking Tuesday for anyone in the US or europe. This should hopefully be plenty of time for anyone to finish. I hope to choose and start promptly after that.

Auranghzeb
2024-01-11, 05:28 AM
Ok, better add my Investigator to the table. He still needs some work. I need to work on wealth and story but the idea is straightforward: he comes from a long line of Half-Elf archeologists, historians, and archivist dedicated to Boccob, they explore ruins, tombs and such to document and learn. They are also trained in the use of the Bastard sword and encouraged to enhance themselves with either magic or alchemy, that's up to the habits of each. Think Cumberbatch's Sherlock but with a big sword.

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang
Alfie Watt II (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2841051)
Half-Elf Investigator/Student of War
Bruising intellectual (damage, support, skills)
Wealth, always missing wealth.

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Escheton
2024-01-11, 10:17 AM
Hey all.
Expressing interest. Thinking some kind of scrappy hoodlum turned very rich hero. Currently thinking Brawler. Maybe Warpriest.

Requesting this very specific magic trait from Spheres, not the system: Pocket Space (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/traits#toc66)

Xavion
2024-01-11, 09:00 PM
Hey all.
Expressing interest. Thinking some kind of scrappy hoodlum turned very rich hero. Currently thinking Brawler. Maybe Warpriest.

Requesting this very specific magic trait from Spheres, not the system: Pocket Space (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/traits#toc66)
Sure on the trait, and idea sounds fine.

TankLaser007
2024-01-12, 06:10 AM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang

TankLaser007
Bogzunlurz "Bogz" Jarnauga (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2869373)
Bogling (Dwarf) Arcane Engineer (Technomancer)
Obsessive hyper-focused master crafter, collector & Loremaster of all things tech/Mount Senrith
Spellbook, Background (to paper), Collection of Curious

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

https://i.ibb.co/rv2kkmB/Bogz.jpg

I see you well enough...

Escheton
2024-01-12, 10:40 AM
Ok, so I've been exploring Brawler, with Bogling object reading, and the Hammerspace in mind.
Found an archetype that turned any held weapon adamantine. Which then lead to improvised weapons. Because breaking a sword with a rolled up newspaper seems fun. Which lead to a more fitting Brawler archetype and the Item Mastery Feats (https://www.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?Category=Item%20Mastery). Especially with Combat Stamina in play so Constitution investment was already rewarded.

Now the request. Variant Multiclass Fighter would allow for the Item Mastery Feats to be used on the fly with Martial Versatility while staying full 16 levels of Brawler. At the expense of 4 feats.
I didn't see Variant Multiclass mentioned yet, and while within the 1pp, it is a variant, so would like to specifically request it.

Further: Can items be combined, and can specific weapons/armors be further enchanted? Say, Celestial Armor. +3 Mithril is nice, but we have quite a bit of gold at lvl 16. Would love to add to it.

Chambers
2024-01-12, 10:52 AM
Adding my character to the table. Dola Durnan is a dwarven warpriest whose backstory I haven't written yet.

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang

TankLaser007
Obsessive hyper-focused master crafter, collector & Loremaster of all things tech/Mount Senrith

Chambers
Dola Durnan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2869901)
Dwarf
Tank, Healer
Sheets done, missing background

-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-

Xavion
2024-01-12, 11:54 AM
Ok, so I've been exploring Brawler, with Bogling object reading, and the Hammerspace in mind.
Found an archetype that turned any held weapon adamantine. Which then lead to improvised weapons. Because breaking a sword with a rolled up newspaper seems fun. Which lead to a more fitting Brawler archetype and the Item Mastery Feats (https://www.aonprd.com/Feats.aspx?Category=Item%20Mastery). Especially with Combat Stamina in play so Constitution investment was already rewarded.

Now the request. Variant Multiclass Fighter would allow for the Item Mastery Feats to be used on the fly with Martial Versatility while staying full 16 levels of Brawler. At the expense of 4 feats.
I didn't see Variant Multiclass mentioned yet, and while within the 1pp, it is a variant, so would like to specifically request it.

Further: Can items be combined, and can specific weapons/armors be further enchanted? Say, Celestial Armor. +3 Mithril is nice, but we have quite a bit of gold at lvl 16. Would love to add to it.
Variant Multiclass is fine.

On specific items, came up in the discord and my stance is generally yes to more enchants, but make sure to mention it, some items get weird. Mostly any item which has an effect which scales based on its enhancement bonus gets weird and I'd really want to double check.

Xavion
2024-01-14, 08:50 PM
My plan is to close this and start looking at characters in ~48 hours, unless someone has reasons why I shouldn't. I don't necessarily need everything 100% spotless mechanically to pick you, though I would at least like the character info/backstory sections to be done so I have something to judge the characters on beyond like "That's a wizard alright."

Talivan
2024-01-15, 03:44 AM
Adding my PC to the table.

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang

TankLaser007

Chambers
Dwarf
Tank, Healer

Talivan
Alesh (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2869658)
Half-Elf Summoner(Synthesist)/Paladin/Oracle
Tank, Damage Dealer, Sage
Crunch 90%, Fluff pending, Missing some mundane items

-
-
-
-
-

Llyarden
2024-01-15, 05:02 AM
Oh I should probably actually, like, say that I'm done. Whoops.

Escheton
2024-01-15, 01:21 PM
My plan is to close this and start looking at characters in ~48 hours, unless someone has reasons why I shouldn't. I don't necessarily need everything 100% spotless mechanically to pick you, though I would at least like the character info/backstory sections to be done so I have something to judge the characters on beyond like "That's a wizard alright."

Then I shall add myself to the table and work further towards finishing up when I get home.

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang

TankLaser007

Chambers
Dwarf
Tank, Healer

Talivan
Crunch 90%, Fluff pending, Missing some mundane items

Escheton
Szordrin "The Sword" Filifar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2870252)
Bogling (Half-Drow)
Unarmed Item-user
Most of Crunch done
Fluff needs writing
Items will take time

-
-
-
-
-

Talivan
2024-01-16, 04:29 PM
*Deleted table to avoid more confusion*

You missed my entry on the table....

Escheton
2024-01-16, 05:59 PM
You missed my entry on the table....

It seems I did indeed grab an earlier table to add on too. Will amend now. Apologies.

Talivan
2024-01-16, 07:08 PM
It seems I did indeed grab an earlier table to add on too. Will amend now. Apologies.

Hey no worries, hope we can all be picked to this campaign :smallbiggrin:

Updating my PC status:

Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Mechanically done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang

TankLaser007

Chambers
Dwarf
Tank, Healer

Talivan
Complete (will buy mundane items if picked up)

Escheton
Bogling (Half-Drow)
Unarmed Item-user
Most of Crunch done
Fluff needs writing
Items will take time

-
-
-
-
-

Llyarden
2024-01-17, 09:05 AM
Player
Character
Race/Classes
Role/Concept
Complete

Infernally Clay
Tiefling Unchained Rogue
Finished

Niw18

Samduke
support
Complete

Benoojian
Almost Done

Llyarden
Ario (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2868852)
Done

Bel
Dwarf Earth Sorcerer

Aurang

TankLaser007

Chambers
Dwarf
Tank, Healer

Talivan
Complete (will buy mundane items if picked up)

Escheton
Bogling (Half-Drow)
Unarmed Item-user
Most of Crunch done
Fluff needs writing
Items will take time

-
-
-
-
-

Just updating my sheet link because OGMW has fallen over a bit.

Xavion
2024-01-17, 09:31 AM
Alright, so was delayed for a few hours but started looking at characters, however myth-weavers is currently struggling so not deciding yet as I haven't been able to look at every sheet.

However, I've looked at most of them, most have at least something for a backstory, although a few are lacking answers to that question of why are you here at the mountain? So if you are, please answer that. Can even just post in this thread instead of editing your sheet. A few also have small mechanical issues like wealth not being spent, but can make sure all that is worked out if picked, as long as I have a solid idea of what's going on for now.

Escheton
2024-01-17, 10:24 AM
Szordrin would be there to test the value of his information broker/source. And very publicly (within the circles) have organized an expedition.
With the goal to be able to claim the find, and sell it. Both the story, and item. Legitimate or otherwise.
And if it turns out true, well, let's identify and verify first. Then see if resisting the temptation of it's use is possible. And how that effects the other members of the expedition in the moment.

The expected finds are some monster parts, maybe a piece of tech here and there in an undiscovered section. And some conflict with high level scavengers. But contention on authority and rights would be squared away in the heist's planning stages. And if not, flashing obscure paperwork and browbeating with momentum usually avoids a kerfuffle.

Triskavanski
2024-01-17, 01:07 PM
Whoops missed this one.

Xavion
2024-01-20, 01:07 AM
Well, deciding on players was difficult but I did it in the end.

Benoojian, Chambers, Llyarden, Samduke, and TankLaser007

OOC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663914-False-Spark) and IC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663915-False-Spark-IC)