PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Long time No Post/Play, What new content is there?

Khrysaes
2024-01-08, 11:30 AM
Hello all,

I haven't posted in quite some time, I think since spelljammer came out? The new dragonborn? I think Krynn was in Unearthed Arcana?

So I haven't really been keeping myself involved in any of the new content and I have no idea what has come out.

I am playing in a game tonight. Level 1 characters, so I know not that involved, and it will be Waterdeep Dragon Heist.

But I am in charge of making 3 characters out of 4. One of them is a warlock-looking to move to the Pact of the Chain.

Otherwise I can't decide what to make. I have some ideas, but...

I wanted to know if any content that came out after monsters of the multiverse, since that appears to be the last book I purchased, has any useful or relevant content to consider when building the characters.

Psyren
2024-01-08, 11:59 AM
The release schedule has been light on player content because the new PHB with a bunch of new and revised subclasses, spells, backgrounds, feats, and races species drops this year.

Since Spelljammer we've had Shadow of the Dragonqueen from the Krynn UA you mentioned (gave us the Lunar Sorcerer and Kender race along with some Dragonlance feats and bakgrounds), Bigby's Glory of Giants (gave us the Path of Giants Barbarian along with some universal feats and backgrounds), and Planescape (gave us a few new feats and backgrounds for that setting.) We also got some feats and backgrounds in the Book of Many Things.

Most of the rest has been adventure stuff aimed at DMs like Golden Vault and Phandelver and Below.

Khrysaes
2024-01-08, 01:49 PM
T

Since Spelljammer we've had Shadow of the Dragonqueen from the Krynn UA you mentioned (gave us the Lunar Sorcerer and Kender race along with some Dragonlance feats and bakgrounds), Bigby's Glory of Giants (gave us the Path of Giants Barbarian along with some universal feats and backgrounds), and Planescape (gave us a few new feats and backgrounds for that setting.) We also got some feats and backgrounds in the Book of Many Things.

Thanks. At least I know Dragonlance, Giants, Planescape, and Book of Many things are what to look at