PDA

View Full Version : Natural attacks needed

Ketherus
2007-12-12, 10:56 PM
This is my first post here, so hey everybody. I am planning out a character for a game that uses the standard LG ruleset, so thats what i have to work with. I am making a rogueish character, and I was wondering 2 things. First, what feats/prestige classes (with requirements I can meet with rogue/swashbuckler levels)/low lvl spells I could put in a wand/scroll are out there that grant natural attacks? bite/slam attacks are preferable since they are usable with manufactured weapons. Only ways i know of are "Arms of plenty", "bite" spells, and "girallon's blessing", none of which are normally PC accesible in this campaign.

Secondly, I have seen it written that you can use natural attacks as secondary weapons after manufactured/unarmed strikes. Obviously you cant use claw attacks after weapon attacks with the same hand, but if you use your BAB attacks for unarmed strikes can you then use your 2 claw attacks (assuming you have them) as natural secondary weapons AS WELL?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can offer!

Person_Man
2007-12-12, 11:05 PM
Getting Lots of Natural Attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29095).

That thread also explains how natural and primary attacks interact. It's a bit confusing. But it essentially depends on the wording of the specific method you use to get the natural attacks.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Ganurath
2007-12-12, 11:13 PM
Getting Lots of Natural Attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29095).

Let me know if I missed anything.Lizardfolk and Troglodytes spring to mind. Animal Devotion in Complete Champion gives you a poisonous bite.

Fax Celestis
2007-12-12, 11:23 PM
Hunger Domain gives a bite attack, Half-Illithid template gives four tentacles, Voidmind template gives one tentacle, Jaebrin race gives a bite attack (MM-V), and Multiheaded is on the WotC site somewhere.

Nebo_
2007-12-13, 12:04 AM
If the character is a changeling you can PrC into warshaper to get more natural attacks. Become Rhinocerapthulu, the glorious gestalt of every natural weapon in the game.

Ketherus
2007-12-13, 12:58 AM
Awesome, thanks for the list. It brought me a couple more questions though.

First, everywhere i see reference to rending it says "you do extra damage equal to X plus 1-1/2 your STR bonus. Is this damage sorce seperate from your other attacks? Would a rogue add sneak attack? Would a swashbuckler add int bonus?

Second, is there a feat that lets druid and rogue levels stack for sneak attack? There are so many feats like this i figured i'd ask.

Fax Celestis
2007-12-13, 01:08 AM
A rogue would not add Sneak Attack because you need to make an attack roll to get Sneak Attack. Same holds true for the Swashbuckler ability. And there's no feat like that which I'm aware of.

Ketherus
2007-12-13, 01:25 AM
Oh, right, ya I feel stupid for that one. I guess its later than I thought, hehe.