PDA

View Full Version : Game Swap/Discord PbP/Systems TBD

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 06:08 AM
Hello!

Trying this again, as I'm really hankering for a game, but I don't want to just play D&D. I want to try other systems (both as a GM and player).

What I'm looking for is someome who has a want to play a game system they've never been able to play, as I want to scratch that itch, I am willing to learn any system, and already know quite a few well enough to run. I'm a very experienced GM (I've run successful Vampire, Exalted, Shadowrun, D&D, Pathfinder, Werewolf games to name a few) but being a pretty much Forever GM will do that to you! 🤣

In return I'd like to play a system, I'm not sure what yet, but we can chat about it to figure it out. Possibly M20 as despite it beung literally one of my favourite systems, I've never been able to play in a game of it.

Medium will be either here on the Forums or on Discord. (Discord is my preference, because you can have built in dice rollers for most systems)

Message me on the forum, or reply here and pitch me what game you want me to run, and what sort of games you'd be willing/able to run in return.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dan

Sarone
2024-01-11, 06:13 AM
What systems are you willing to try? I have experience playing Shadowrun (4th and 5th editions), Star Wars (Saga Edition and FFG/Edge Studios), and I am currently looking into the various Warhammer 40K RPGs.

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 06:20 AM
What systems are you willing to try? I have experience playing Shadowrun (4th and 5th editions), Star Wars (Saga Edition and FFG/Edge Studios), and I am currently looking into the various Warhammer 40K RPGs.

I've played all of those, run them for the most part too. So would be happy with any of those! What Warhammer systems do you know? I'm currently playing Wrath and Glory which is quite good 😁 but probably wouldn't need another game of it!

Sarone
2024-01-11, 06:23 AM
I've played all of those, run them for the most part too. So would be happy with any of those! What Warhammer systems do you know? I'm currently playing Wrath and Glory which is quite good 😁 but probably wouldn't need another game of it!

Eh, I have most of the books from the FFG lines. I haven't really played as the local community that I am in is more into the Pathfinder/D&D scene.

I just made a character for the Imperium Maledictum game ran by Hemnon.

Just curious, what kind of game/campaign would you want in the 40K Setting?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 06:37 AM

Eh, I have most of the books from the FFG lines. I haven't really played as the local community that I am in is more into the Pathfinder/D&D scene.

I just made a character for the Imperium Maledictum game ran by Hemnon.

Just curious, what kind of game/campaign would you want in the 40K Setting?

I'd honestly prefer ShadowRun or Star Wars FFG (I like Saga Edition, but I generally play casters when I can, and Jedi need like all the attributes 🤣) rather than WH40K, but happy to run 40k for you, or something else if you rather.

If we do ShadowRun (I don't mind which edition, though I'm most familiar with the most recent one, 5th I think, as I recently ran it) I'd want to be a Mage, if we do SWFFG I'd be looking at a Jedi, perhaps a padawan growing into a Knight then a Master.

Alternatively, if you're familiar with WoD I'd love a Mage game. 😁

What system would you want me to run for you?

Wyndeward
2024-01-11, 06:41 AM
I keep having this... fever dream of running a Warhammer 40K game using a less "tabletop wargame" -centric enging.

I was toying with GURPS -- you can build anything in GURPS -- but you need a library of splatbooks to make it credible (Space, Vehicles, Psionics, all the Technology splatbooks, etc.).

Would definitely be down for some 40K, though.

Sarone
2024-01-11, 06:46 AM
I'd honestly prefer ShadowRun or Star Wars FFG (I like Saga Edition, but I generally play casters when I can, and Jedi need like all the attributes 🤣) rather than WH40K, but happy to run 40k for you, or something else if you rather.

If we do ShadowRun (I don't mind which edition, though I'm most familiar with the most recent one, 5th I think, as I recently ran it) I'd want to be a Mage, if we do SWFFG I'd be looking at a Jedi, perhaps a padawan growing into a Knight then a Master.

I have heard of WoD, but I have not played it, nor do I have the books.

I have experience running the Star Wars FFG system, and even ran a few campaigns over the last few years. In that case, I would strongly recommend Discord for the various Dice rollers available for Star Wars.

As for Warhammer 40K, I have tried to run a Tau Empire influenced "Rogue Trader" game, but found the system to be clunky when trying to combine certain aspects. And it doesn't help that the lore has made the Tau Empire into the Blue Man Imperium.

Sarone
2024-01-11, 06:49 AM
I keep having this... fever dream of running a Warhammer 40K game using a less "tabletop wargame" -centric enging.

I was toying with GURPS -- you can build anything in GURPS -- but you need a library of splatbooks to make it credible (Space, Vehicles, Psionics, all the Technology splatbooks, etc.).

Would definitely be down for some 40K, though.

I hear that. It also doesn't help that GW is ran by a bunch of hacks when it comes to lore.

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to be clear, I was looking for solo swaps, (I may not have been as clear as I should)

I am however willing to do multiple swaps, PbP games I find fairly easy to do, so what would you like to run and plah on Wyndeward?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 06:52 AM
Okay Sarone, so if you run SWFFG for me, what do you want me to run for you? I can do a Rogue Trader thing, if you want. I've experience with Deathwatch which I think uses the same system, and if not, I'll learn it.

What version of Tau would you prefer?

Sarone
2024-01-11, 07:05 AM
Just wanted to be clear, I was looking for solo swaps, (I may not have been as clear as I should)

I am however willing to do multiple swaps, PbP games I find fairly easy to do, so what would you like to run and plah on Wyndeward?

Okay Sarone, so if you run SWFFG for me, what do you want me to run for you? I can do a Rogue Trader thing, if you want. I've experience with Deathwatch which I think uses the same system, and if not, I'll learn it.

What version of Tau would you prefer?

So, solo campaigns as in 1 player and 1 GM?

Hmm, interesting. I was toying with the idea of NPC Companions for the solo/pair campaigns (the idea was a reversal of the Minion/Rival/Nemesis system used by FFG).

I am not sure about "version" but the idea would be to work with the Farsight Enclaves. They (to be more precise, O'Shovah) are on a quest to understand what is going on and happening in the universe. The fact the Ethereals are being foolish and blind in their dealings with various species is a major point of concern.

Part of me would use Wrath and Glory, while another is tempted to use the Imperium Maledictum.

In essence, I want to see how far I can go to setup a "Tau Guard" army from an RPG perspective.

On the other side, I have an idea of a Necron "Lord" who was assigned to protects a planet that no longer exists. He decides to protect a near by Tau Sept as it fulfills his directive.

What do you think?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 07:08 AM
So, solo campaigns as in 1 player and 1 GM?

Hmm, interesting. I was toying with the idea of NPC Companions for the solo/pair campaigns (the idea was a reversal of the Minion/Rival/Nemesis system used by FFG).

I am not sure about "version" but the idea would be to work with the Farsight Enclaves. They (to be more precise, O'Shovah) are on a quest to understand what is going on and happening in the universe. The fact the Ethereals are being foolish and blind in their dealings with various species is a major point of concern.

Part of me would use Wrath and Glory, while another is tempted to use the Imperium Maledictum.

In essence, I want to see how far I can go to setup a "Tau Guard" army from an RPG perspective.

On the other side, I have an idea of a Necron "Lord" who was assigned to protects a planet that no longer exists. He decides to protect a near by Tau Sept as it fulfills his directive.

What do you think?

Yeah, means we can be a bit more wacky and get more focussed RP.

I like that first idea, I'm also pretty familiar with W&G and it lends itself to Xenos play pretty well.

So a lone Fire Warrior looking to make a name for themselves by raising a useful army up to help protect Tau interests in case the Ethereals muck things up more? That sort of feel?

Sarone
2024-01-11, 07:16 AM
Yeah, means we can be a bit more wacky and get more focussed RP.

I like that first idea, I'm also pretty familiar with W&G and it lends itself to Xenos play pretty well.

So a lone Fire Warrior looking to make a name for themselves by raising a useful army up to help protect Tau interests in case the Ethereals muck things up more? That sort of feel?

More like a Rogue Trader/Astra Militarum who is having to work with the FSE after being betrayed by a corrupt Inquisitor.

Yeah, that is sort of the idea, as well. It helps that I had gotten the Threat Assessment: Xenos over the holidays.

In essence, I am looking towards the "Original" Tau Empire, where the water caste is the first tool used for contact. Helpful cooperation and assistance in exchange for gradual integration.

Does that make sense?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 07:26 AM
More like a Rogue Trader/Astra Militarum who is having to work with the FSE after being betrayed by a corrupt Inquisitor.

Yeah, that is sort of the idea, as well. It helps that I had gotten the Threat Assessment: Xenos over the holidays.

In essence, I am looking towards the "Original" Tau Empire, where the water caste is the first tool used for contact. Helpful cooperation and assistance in exchange for gradual integration.

Does that make sense?

Yeah I like that idea! I don't have the Tau stuff for W&G, but I reckon if you have it we can do it. The system is super simple in the best possible way. I really like the efficiency of the system.

Wyndeward
2024-01-11, 08:23 AM
I hear that. It also doesn't help that GW is ran by a bunch of hacks when it comes to lore.

It isn't so much that they were hacks as the Warhammer universe was never really meant to be take seriously in the first place. It never really had a "bible," the way a television series might, as far as I know.

When the GW folks "invented" WH40K, it was meant to satirize a specific time and place, specifically Thatcherite Britain. It has since, obviously, taken on a life of its own and they have tried, with mixed results, at codifying and sorting out their creation to the best of their ability. It doesn't help that, at least in canon, a lot of things were lost.

Wyndeward
2024-01-11, 08:54 AM

I would be game for Rogue Trader...

As for running, I have a wide variety to choose from -- I am running a Fallout 2d20 game and a D&D campaign at present, but I have access and varying levels of knowledge on Call of Cthulhu, the White Wolf WoD, most of the 40K games and can probably "kit-bash" most settings you could think of.

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 09:32 AM
I would be game for Rogue Trader...

As for running, I have a wide variety to choose from -- I am running a Fallout 2d20 game and a D&D campaign at present, but I have access and varying levels of knowledge on Call of Cthulhu, the White Wolf WoD, most of the 40K games and can probably "kit-bash" most settings you could think of.

I can run Rogue Trader. Just to confirm it plays like Deathwatch right?

How would you feel about running M20?

Wyndeward
2024-01-11, 10:06 AM
I can run Rogue Trader. Just to confirm it plays like Deathwatch right?

How would you feel about running M20?

The underlying system is pretty much the same, yes.

M20?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-11, 10:19 AM
The underlying system is pretty much the same, yes.

M20?

Sounds good!

Mage 20th Anniversary Edition?

Sarone
2024-01-11, 11:12 PM

So, which era would you be willing to play in for Star Wars? I am more familiar with the Galactic Empire era. Also, are you looking for pure combat or a more Mass Effect style of campaign where you recruit allies and other resources?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-12, 02:57 AM
So, which era would you be willing to play in for Star Wars? I am more familiar with the Galactic Empire era. Also, are you looking for pure combat or a more Mass Effect style of campaign where you recruit allies and other resources?

I would prefer Mass Effect style with RP opportunities and puzzles and such. KOTOR like.

The Era doesn't really matter to me, except I would like to play a Jedi. I could start off as a Padawan in training when Order 66 hit, who went into hiding (a la Fallen Order) if that's a setting you know particularly well, though KOTOR setting is probably more appropriate.

Sarone
2024-01-13, 09:51 AM
I would prefer Mass Effect style with RP opportunities and puzzles and such. KOTOR like.

The Era doesn't really matter to me, except I would like to play a Jedi. I could start off as a Padawan in training when Order 66 hit, who went into hiding (a la Fallen Order) if that's a setting you know particularly well, though KOTOR setting is probably more appropriate.

Next question: do you want NPC companions?

Right off the bat, I would recommend a droid companion. For others, either of us can create a "Support Cast" for the campaign. What do you think?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-13, 10:06 AM
Next question: do you want NPC companions?

Right off the bat, I would recommend a droid companion. For others, either of us can create a "Support Cast" for the campaign. What do you think?

Yeah I think a support cast could be good 😁

Do you want to add me on Discord so we can hash it out more? I'm shadow_immor 😁

Sarone
2024-01-13, 10:38 AM
Yeah I think a support cast could be good 😁

Do you want to add me on Discord so we can hash it out more? I'm shadow_immor 😁

I will set up a Discord for Solo Campaigns. Though the Internet is having issues due to the snow.

ShadowImmor
2024-01-16, 03:29 AM
I will set up a Discord for Solo Campaigns. Though the Internet is having issues due to the snow.

Awesome, speak to you soon! 😁

Wyndeward
2024-01-18, 09:37 AM
Sounds good!

Mage 20th Anniversary Edition?

Sorry for the delay -- life got... interesting for a little bit.

Mage is probably one of my weaker systems. Any other ideas?

ShadowImmor
2024-01-18, 10:52 AM
Sorry for the delay -- life got... interesting for a little bit.

Mage is probably one of my weaker systems. Any other ideas?

I mean we could do some Fallout, that'd be kind of cool. Do you want to add me on discord? I'm shadow_immor on there 😁

Sarone
2024-02-02, 03:12 PM
I mean we could do some Fallout, that'd be kind of cool. Do you want to add me on discord? I'm shadow_immor on there 😁

Hey man, are you still interested in swapping solo campaigns?

ShadowImmor
2024-02-02, 04:30 PM
Hey man, are you still interested in swapping solo campaigns?

I am! Add me on discord 😁

I'm shadow_immor

Sarone
2024-02-02, 06:50 PM
I am! Add me on discord 😁

I'm shadow_immor

Pm sent. It has the link to the discord server.

Any one else interested in a solo campaign?