PDA

View Full Version : The Lythari Elves of Faerun

CopperElfCleric
2024-01-11, 02:14 PM
So I was told if you want to play a Lythari elf you just take a wood or wild elf and add the Werewolf template. Others told me the same but to add the Werewolf Lord template. So does anyone know the correct answer? I cannot find Lythari elves as a PC race in any 3ed or 3.5ed sources.

Thank you.
CEC

Battlechaser
2024-01-11, 02:29 PM
They are mentioned in Monsters of Faerun p93. CG woodelf-werewolfs that don't have a hybrid form and can only pass on lycanthropy to consenting elves through a ritual.

CopperElfCleric
2024-01-11, 02:42 PM
Yes. I have tons of Canon lore and fluff from suppliments, magazines and novels. But to play one as a PC I find little to nothing. So werewolf template or werewolf lord template over a wood elf?
They are originally from the Plane of Faerie (Feywild). So I kinda think maybe Werewolf Lord template but not certain at all.

ShurikVch
2024-01-11, 04:11 PM
Also, Lythari are CG - rather than the usual CE of "common" Werewolves

Also, it's a bit unclear if Lythari are count as "natural" or "afflicted":
if they're all "natural" - then Control Shape is less of a problem;
if "afflicted" - then (according to Races of Faerūn) LA is only +1 (really, in this book, it's LA for all afflicted Lycanthropes - not just Lythari; but, since no other book/magazine/site listed LA for Lythari, we may claim precedence there...)

Battlechaser
2024-01-11, 04:25 PM
I'd say natural werewolves. And only the werewolf template.

ngilop
2024-01-12, 02:14 AM
They literally have the same exact stats a wood elf that has the werewolf template applied.

it says in their lore they are true lycanthropes ( i.e natural)

either you glossed over the info you need, are too gullible to your associate who claims werewolf lord, or do not have either Monsters of Faerun nor Races of Faerun.

ShurikVch
2024-01-12, 04:39 AM
Others told me the same but to add the Werewolf Lord template.
What the heck is the "Werewolf Lord template"? :smallconfused:

Bullet06320
2024-01-12, 05:40 AM
What the heck is the "Werewolf Lord template"? :smallconfused:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm#WerewolfLord

ShurikVch
2024-01-12, 06:01 AM
https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm#WerewolfLord
But it's not a separate template: it's the same Lycanthrope ("natural") - just uses Dire Wolf and applies it on 10th-level human fighter
When I read about "Werewolf Lord template", I expected something like Vampire Lord - but for Werewolves...

thorr-kan
2024-01-12, 05:16 PM
I wish they and the Fey'ri/Daemonfey had been statted up as PC races in 2E and 3E.

ngilop
2024-01-12, 11:48 PM
I wish they and the Fey'ri/Daemonfey had been statted up as PC races in 2E and 3E.

They both are, Just have to read the books they are statted out in.

NotInventedHere
2024-01-12, 11:52 PM

The Fey'ri were statted up as a PC race. They're in Races of Faerun, pages 118 to 121. They're not very *good* - victims of WotC's inflated level adjustments. But they do have stats.

Buufreak
2024-01-13, 12:02 AM

Fairly sure feyri are in races of faerun.