PDA

View Full Version : Kazgaroth (the T-rex)

Entessa
2024-01-18, 12:53 PM
I don't know if you've ever heard of Khazgaroth (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Kazgaroth) - but in my game I'm planning to make him inside a plane that hosts him and has him "prisoner", I would say, or maybe "he is not prisoner", but he isn't enjoying the fact that he was left there.

He controls the plane there and can make it the way he wants. so, imagine only one area that has a limited space, but in this square Kazgaroth has made his own lair/place to live in/lively place to live in.

How would it be ?

And also, does Kazgaroth need to eat? He is a semidivine being (I guess).

Unoriginal
2024-01-18, 01:06 PM
I don't know if you've ever heard of Khazgaroth (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Kazgaroth) - but in my game I'm planning to make him inside a plane that hosts him and has him "prisoner", I would say, or maybe "he is not prisoner", but he isn't enjoying the fact that he was left there.

He controls the plane there and can make it the way he wants. so, imagine only one area that has a limited space, but in this square Kazgaroth has made his own lair/place to live in/lively place to live in.

How would it be ?

And also, does Kazgaroth need to eat? He is a semidivine being (I guess).

Going by the wiki's description, I don't think this Khazgaroth would be entertained by anything except murder.

So I'd go for a featureless white room.

One as big as Khazgaroth's power allows them to control.

And utterly *littered* with the semidivine's victims.

Piles of corpses, blood and items, everywhere.

Entessa
2024-01-18, 01:44 PM
Thanks a lot. I'm talking about AD&D - I'm thinking about Bhaal leaving Khazgaroth there not to be reached by anyone else save by a certain Bhaalspawn.

I thought that Bhaal hid him because once he was dead, given that in the lore of my universe Kazgaroth is emanation of Bhaal himself, he would be weakened. I guess that I could say that Bhaal has provided him with lot of different victims during his absence. That was a very nice hint.

Edit: guys, if you have different ideas, please step in the topic and comment. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Edit 2: I edited the post above for clarity.

Unoriginal
2024-01-18, 02:54 PM
Thanks a lot. I'm talking about AD&D - I'm thinking about Bhaal leaving Khazgaroth there not to be reached by anyone else save by a certain Bhaalspawn.

I thought that Bhaal hid him because once he was dead, given that in the lore of my universe he is emanation of Bhaal himself, he would be weakened. I guess that I could say that Bhaal has provided him with lot of different victims during his absence.

Bhaal or anyone else who can force people to planar travel.

Or it could be people who traveled there using a portal.

Entessa
2024-01-18, 03:06 PM
Bhaal or anyone else who can force people to planar travel.

Or it could be people who traveled there using a portal.

I want to say that the Bhaalspawn has reached this plane, because his divinity has manifested in the ability to use a pocket plane that answers his call (sometimes) and can bring him to certain locations (in this case the request was "bring me somewhere I could find a powerful ally").

Another issue I have is the following - and you explained very clearly:

1) Couldn't the plane simply be hidden from everyone, including divinities, and simply be open for him due to chance? I find it hard to believe that no divinity or any other being has divined Kazgaroth being there, but it is so unrealistic? Could wards have simply made impossible to search or to wish to find Khazgaroth?

2) Why haven't other bhaalspawn found the place?

3) In my headcanon, Kazgaroth, weakened by the death of bhaal, is even being hunted by a group of 5 Solars.

Before Bhaal died, he captured one of the solars (now they are 4 hunting him) and Kazgaroth is taking great pleasure in torturing him - and you gave me a great idea; to have an audience with him, the solar - which has cut wings - will have to be killed by the Bhaalspawn, in front of the gate that blocks everyone from entering. A portal will appear then.

Or maybe Khazgaroth wishes to torture the solar a bit longer, and he would probably bring another celestial being amongst the one he has prisoners. But what being so pure could actually satisfy his lust, when killed by a Bhaalspawn?