PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Azalea (Race) - ohmygodihavenofriendstoplaytesthis

Compass
2024-01-19, 09:50 PM
Hello! I'm a tad new to this place (never used forums in a while)
I made this race over the course of a few days for a homebrew setting, could someone tell me if it's balanced or needs tweaking? I don't have anyone else to test it xd

As mentioned, truesight in this setting is infared so yeah

-

***Ability Score Increase.*** Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.

When determining your character's ability scores, you may increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1, replacing the predetermined scores.

***Roseborne Vines.*** Your vines grant you strength. Two of them are large enough to be usable and can manipulate an object, open or close a door or container, pick up or set down a Tiny object, or wield a weapon that has the light property. Alongside this, you can use them to make unarmed strikes. When you hit with them, the strike deals 1d6 + your Dexterity modifier slashing damage.
As a bonus action, you can retract these tendrils, making them undetectable to the untrained eye. Any creature that succeeds on a DC 15 Wisdom (Perception) check can discern there's something different about you, but unless they have prior experience they don't know *what*.

***Unnatural Terror.*** Your true form is terrifying to most. While your vines are visible, you add your proficiency bonus to any Charisma (Intimidation) check you make if you do not already, otherwise, your proficiency bonus is doubled as if you had expertise.

***Heart of Ice.*** As an action, you can shift your body temperature to match that of any other race. You can also change it to be cold, and while in this state, you are invisible to anything that relies on truesight (infared) to see you.

***Limited Shapeshifting.*** Over the course of an hour, you can change your appearance. You determine the specifics of the changes, including your coloration, hair length, and sex. You can adjust your height and weight in this was as well as make yourself appear as a member of another race, though none of your game statistics change. You can't duplicate the appearance of an individual you've never seen, and you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs that you have. Your clothing and equipment aren't changed by this trait.

You stay in the new form until you spend another hour to revert to your true form or until you die. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.