PDA

View Full Version : Filled savage worlds Deadlands: Dead Mans Hand

bramblefoot
2024-01-20, 01:45 AM
welcome to the small town of sinhole Arizona, a wretched hive of scum and villainy if ever there was one. maybe you were born here, maybe you're just heading in for a drink at the saloon, but be careful, for evil lurks, and the shadows lengthen. good luck cowpoke, youll need it

sinhole arizona

fear level -2

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

swade deadlands the weird west

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

no clue. im a see what the players prep and prepare accordingly

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-4, one alternate

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

2 free advances

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

you all start with the starting funds in the weird west book which i believe is $250

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

go wild! as a proud member of the no-prep dm club, im confident i can handle ya'll

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

you're all human. im fine with homebrew, i just ask that you keep it fair and balanced

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

n/a

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

n/a

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

n/a

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

roll em loud and proud, as they should be

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

none that i can think of

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

backgrounds should be skirt length. you should end up in the little town of sinhole, arizona

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

personally, i like combat, and i like roleplaying between players. puzzles will not be a thing, unless they can be solved by dice rolls. i do like riddles, and dream sequences tho

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

use the weird west book and companion, along with swade core. feel free to pitch me homebrew edges, which i will happily yoink for my own use

Captain Cap
2024-01-20, 03:36 AM
A curiosity: are you planning to use the 5.7 version of SWADE or the last update (of 6/29/2023, I think)?

bramblefoot
2024-01-20, 03:59 AM
im not sure which edition of swade i have. use whatever you got

Captain Cap
2024-01-20, 04:04 AM
I asked because there are a few significant differences, especially with how some powers work. Anyway, in the official site there's the free document (https://peg-swade.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/SWADE_Updates_v5.0.pdf?) with all the updates from the first printing to present.

bramblefoot
2024-01-20, 05:52 PM
personally, im not a big rule follower. if something doesnt work in my game, it gets adjusted

use whatever book you have, and ill figure out if it works with my worldview or not

Feathersnow
2024-01-20, 06:19 PM
Thinking a Native Cowboy type with a few Shamanic blessings.

Albinobrow
2024-01-22, 02:13 AM
Color me very interested! I've had a PC I've wanted to let loose and I think this might be a good setting to try him out.

This is Mack (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2868951)! He's an old war deserter that now goes town to town as a traveling repairman, helping locals with their equipment and community. Trouble tends to follow him, but he just continues to drift hoping to escape his past. His last move brought him here to Sinhole, AZ.

all that's left is fleshing out his gear, but I need sleep. So I'll finish this if not tomorrow, the day after.

bramblefoot
2024-01-22, 09:50 PM
alrighty. fyi, this is a collaborative game. feel free to throw me bones

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-23, 11:13 AM
When's the deadline? I might make a character. My idea is a extremely lucky mute.
-elan, luck, great luck, scavenger.
-clueless, mute.

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-23, 12:43 PM
Here's the sheet btw

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2873632

Feathersnow
2024-01-23, 04:10 PM

My idea is that my character, let's call him "John Horse," is an agent of the Souix government sent south to deal with rumors that Ravenites are gathering forces for an Incursion into their territory. Actually, it is incorrect, and they were only hearing distorted rumors of the events that would lead to the scouring of the Coyote Confederation.

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-24, 01:28 AM

What about a place full of ghost rock that's guarded by strange creatures. (Revenant dinosaurs. Because fighting dinosaurs is cooler if they are undead)

Rokku
2024-01-24, 02:38 AM
You might wanna spell out what SWADE is cause I had to look it up.

Charybdis1618
2024-01-25, 02:28 PM
I've wanted to play Deadlands for a long time, but I've never been able to get a group together. What requirements do you have for a character?

bramblefoot
2024-01-25, 06:57 PM
look, im a strictly find out in play type of person

go wild

Albinobrow
2024-01-27, 04:56 PM
look, im a strictly find out in play type of person

go wild

This is gonna be so good! haha

Feathersnow
2024-01-27, 05:14 PM
Does my backstory work? It could be he was just passing through on the way to his actual mission?

bramblefoot
2024-01-28, 02:41 AM
Does my backstory work? It could be he was just passing through on the way to his actual mission?

love it

im just looking for your sheet pls

Feathersnow
2024-01-28, 06:07 PM
love it

im just looking for your sheet pls

Working on it. Will update soon.

Feathersnow
2024-01-29, 04:50 AM
And... here is John Horse (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2875141)

Charybdis1618
2024-01-30, 10:47 AM
I know Deadlands walks a line of absurdity, horror, and dark humor, but what are your preferences? What are some tonal touchstones for your ideal game? This affects what I build, and how. That said, I've always had a soft spot for gamblers, which may or may not have been influenced by the song. This just affects whether I'm more off-brand Gambit or off-brand Jonah Hex.

Ameraaaaaa
2024-01-30, 12:08 PM
I know Deadlands walks a line of absurdity, horror, and dark humor, but what are your preferences? What are some tonal touchstones for your ideal game? This affects what I build, and how. That said, I've always had a soft spot for gamblers, which may or may not have been influenced by the song. This just affects whether I'm more off-brand Gambit or off-brand Jonah Hex.

While have no specific tone in mind, i do think our group leans more on the silly side. The native shamen is relatively normal while there's a improvised weapon wielding old man engineer and a uber lucky mute former thief who just finds things from time to time. So you can either balance out that weirdness like the shamen or join in on giving him a headache.

Charybdis1618
2024-01-30, 12:47 PM
While have no specific tone in mind, i do think our group leans more on the silly side. The native shamen is relatively normal while there's a improvised weapon wielding old man engineer and a uber lucky mute former thief who just finds things from time to time. So you can either balance out that weirdness like the shamen or join in on giving him a headache.

If you've got a lucky guy already, I'll reconsider the concept. Thanks for the guidance.

Charybdis1618
2024-01-31, 11:48 PM
I tried to find an equivalent to DnD Beyond, but instead found a random character generator. I like what it spat out, though. My friends, meet Sister Dixie Daniels, on a mission to carry a flame of hope into the darkest corners of the land: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pCrV2Xs_8D13qKO_NefP9iX3N3Q1B-ni9EkzzUHC4TQ/edit?usp=sharing

bramblefoot
2024-01-31, 11:59 PM
ifn you dont have a sheet, myth weavers has one

alright, im gonna cal recruitment closed, and get the game off the bat

bramblefoot
2024-02-02, 05:02 AM
ooc here

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663917-savage-worlds-Deadlands-Dead-Mans-Hand

Ameraaaaaa
2024-02-02, 09:29 AM
ooc here

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?663917-savage-worlds-Deadlands-Dead-Mans-Hand
I'm pretty sure you linked the wrong thread

bramblefoot
2024-02-02, 10:30 PM
guess i did

this should be the correct one

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664195-Dead-mans-hand-OOC