PDA

View Full Version : 5e modules for higher level parties?

Ignis6669
2024-01-21, 05:49 PM
Hey there!

My group is about to finish running "Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden", and we're unsure if we are ready to move on from these characters. So I wanted to look into the possibility of some other modules that we could take those characters through. But, it seems that most modules are designed for lover level players, and most of what I've seen is designed to start at like level 1. We're likely to be around level 10 or so when we're done. Am I missing something? I swear there used to be options for this sort of thing.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

J-H
2024-01-21, 05:54 PM
Have you looked on the DM's Guild? That's probably your best bet. I have a couple of mid/high-level modules on there, but nothing that I'd recommend for 10th level characters - a bit too low to handle 8 mind flayers at once or the upgunned ghouls.

There's also Matt Colville's Adventure lookup tool:
https://adventurelookup.com/adventures

Rafaelfras
2024-01-21, 08:24 PM
I did Princes of the Apocalypse first, we finished that at level 12 and went to Storm King Thunder that we finished at level 16. To adapt it I have increased the difficult of the initial attack (we were at the golden fields because that's where PoTA concludes more or less). Chapter 3 I did several custom adventures and tied everything with " The kraken gamble". For chapter 4 I made Iymirith, the BBEG of the adventure way stronger than a simple ancient blue dragon, as my party is at a higher number of player as well, at that time I've felt that the encounters were catching up to the group level. For the giant lords the Hill giant will be too easy for them, my players went there so I made the Hill Giant lord a tad stronger also. I included a backstory element on the cloud giants castle so my players went there too, it was alright as the storm giant dungeon as well. As I said I made the BBEG stronger and they defeated her at level 16.
SKT was very loosely tied as a sequel to PoTA, as some giants show up during that campaign. I dont know about Rime, but there is a initial attack by frost giants in Ice wind dale that can prompt the campaign to start. SKT has a lot of material on the sword coast, and a like it overall despite its short comings.