PDA

View Full Version : Exalted: Fate Core Edition – the first version of English translation is complete

Kaworu
2024-02-01, 11:05 PM
Hi!

Some time ago I created here a post/topic in which I was informing about progress with my translation of a Polish Exalted rules conversion of mechanics to Fate Core. Today I can proudly say that the very first version of English text has been finished by me.

I have a long time to go, actually. I will need to read all these pages yet again and „unify” language (the works has been going for more that a year, I am sure I used different terminology at the beginning and when I finished). It wouldn’t hurt to refresh my memory of Fate Core in English before doing that too, being honest.

And then, of course, I would have a need of a native English speaker to serve as my proofreader (that’s how it's called in English, right?).

So, as you see, things are still fairy „just begun”. However, I also have made quite a progress, being honest. Now the most hard and time-consuming task is behind me.

If you have some questions about my translation process or the game itself, you can write it here ;-) The final file will be available from DriveThruRPG for free, so… :3

PS. Personally, this is the only way to play Exalted for me- unless we wanna something "almost freeform" like M&M. The RPG by WW/OP is truly amazing... but the mechanics is also completely over the top. This rules conversion is both made with Exalted roleplaying in mind and easy as heck - thus my hard work on making it sometime-in-the-future available for English roleplayers.

Lord Raziere
2024-02-02, 12:26 AM
I myself can't promise anything but I do know of and recommend the Exalted Discord channel (https://discord.com/channels/205962784599441408/205962784599441408) as its probably full of people willing to proofread your work Kaworu. just think you might get better results there, and that they'd probably want to know about this.

Kaworu
2024-02-02, 12:49 PM
Exalted Discord server, you say? ;-) When I will do everything I am planning to do with this translation and I will be looking for proofreaders, I am gonna check there ;-) Thank you for your input ;-)

TaiLiu
2024-02-07, 10:57 PM
Amazing! Congrats on your dedication. Looking forward to seeing it when it comes out. :smallsmile:

Kaworu
2024-02-21, 03:10 AM
I have yet to enter Index entries, then read it all and then send to native English speakers :-P Also, I have discovered that editor's jobs isn't nearly as interesting and "hot" as being a translator xD Oh noes xD

Also, recently my sleeping schedule is totally jinxed, so that only complicates things further T_T (Tomorrow I see my psychiatrist, hopefully she will think of something).

TaiLiu
2024-02-23, 11:00 PM
I have yet to enter Index entries, then read it all and then send to native English speakers :-P Also, I have discovered that editor's jobs isn't nearly as interesting and "hot" as being a translator xD Oh noes xD

Also, recently my sleeping schedule is totally jinxed, so that only complicates things further T_T (Tomorrow I see my psychiatrist, hopefully she will think of something).
I hope you get better sleep soon. :smallsmile: