PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Looking For a Long Pathfinder 1e (PF1) Gestalt Game (Deadline March 1st)

Debatra
2024-02-02, 11:31 PM
To clarify a little, I'm looking for a game that starts at low-level, and actually makes it into the high levels. Maybe even Epic if we can do that, but not necessarily. Maybe starting around 3rd-5th level, but maybe as low as level one.

For my own character, I'd like to play an Unchained Rogue face/sneak/skillmonkey. Less "skulking in shadows" (though a bit of that as well) and more "social stealth" - walking right in front of you, and you're convinced I'm supposed to be there. For the other side of the Gestalt, I'm thinking Sorcerer, but instead of being a "normal" arcane caster, I would almost exclusively use my magic to enhance my stealth, combat, and skill checks. I also want to play around with the various Combat Maneuvers. Trips, Disarms, Dirty Tricks, etc.

The "Elephant in the Room (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)" article is a must, and I would very much like to play Mechanics Hound's Changeling race (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=160552). Spheres and other systems optional at DM discretion. Background Skills (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/) preferred but not required. Neutral on third-party things and homebrew. (Though I would very much like to use the Arcane Charlatan (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/unchained-classes/rogue-unchained/archetypes/everyman-gaming-archetypes/arcane-charlatan) archetype and Changeling Sorcerer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/SORCERER/#favored_class_bonuses) favored class bonus if able.

There is one somewhat odd request I have: The ability for each character to take a single Class Archetype (not one on each side of the Gestalt, one total) and get all of its benefits without the drawbacks and trade-ins (including the ability to take another archetype that actually gives up or alters the same class features). The sole reason I want this is to be a Phantom Thief without giving up Sneak Attack and Trapfinding, so I can be an even bigger skillmonkey. If I can't get that, then whatever, but I'd love it.

Arael666's Big 16
The Big 16

1. What game system are you running:

Pathfinder 1e. While the group will be restricted to pf material, I reserve the right to use 3.5 material as a DM, since it's the one I'm mostly familiar with right now.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be:

Homebrew adventure inspired by city of the spider queen and out of the abyss modules. My intention is for the location of the adventure to be mostly north of the silver marches and the sword coast (we'll start in Silverymoon), the underdark equivalent would be the northdark. It's highly likely that the players will face drow and underdark denizens recurrently, both in combat and social interations.

I will try my best to run social interactions and they will be part of the adventure (murderhobos, be warned), but political intrigue is way beyond my narrative capabilities.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?:

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?:

discord server nad probably roll20 for maps

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?:

Level 5, Gestalt.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?:

Standard WBL, no item should be more expensive than 1/3 of your wealth

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?:

Be mindful of where the adventure is located and how your character will fit thematically and geographically. I'll handwaive the characters internal history with each other so we avoid that slow start that tends to kill games early.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?:

As requested, MechanicsHound (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=160552) Changeling race is in play. I'll also blanket approve all the core races (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/) that appear in the link, plus the dragonborn and forgeborn. If any other races catches your attention you may request and I'll give it a read.
No homebrew other than whats stated.
Races from allowed material (see below) but none with RP higher than 15

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?:

25 pb, HP is half your HD +1.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?:

Aligment exists as per normal rules.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?:

I will not forbid it, but please try not to go crazy

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?:

Players and DM will make their own rolls, DM might make hidden rolls for PCs when the situation requires.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Elephant in the Room (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/) rules are inf effect.
Background skills (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/) are in effect.
Gestalt
You get 3 traits, plus one with a drawback
You get one favored class per track. Extra Hit Points, Power Points and Skill Points from this may stack.
No flaws

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular:

Two or three paragraphs describing who you are, why you're in Silverymoon and hopefully why a local noble would hire your services (this last requirement may be fufilled by the party as a group after selection, so it's not mandatory). If you want, you can write a more detailed character history and I'll definetly read it, just be aware that while I will try my best to make every player feel relevant in the game, I will avoid including personal background information from players to avoid the spotlight effect.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?:

This will moslty be investigation with a lot of hack and slash. Might have puzzle solving depending on how you define that trope.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?:

Blanked aproval for all first party plus psionics, path of war and akasha from DSP. No spheres content. If you want something from other sources you will need to provide me a link where I can obtain that information legally.

Cassus
2024-02-03, 07:12 PM
Hmmm... Well, I'd definitely like to see a long-running game; it's always an enormous amount of work to make the character feel like a living part of the setting when you start at level 17+! They just seem like they should have so much history by that point. Definitely color me interested as a player.

As an aside-- I'm running a game right now using "archetype gestalt"-- characters pick only one class, but they can gain the benefits of archetypes that trade away all of its class features (in an internally-consistent way) once without actually losing anything (and could potentially pay the actual costs for other archetypes as well). So they have a much more flexible array of class features without the raw power of actual gestalt. Is that a system that fits with your hopes? I can't tell how important the Sorcerer is to you.

Talivan
2024-02-03, 07:33 PM
Interested as a player

Debatra
2024-02-03, 10:25 PM
Hmmm... Well, I'd definitely like to see a long-running game; it's always an enormous amount of work to make the character feel like a living part of the setting when you start at level 17+! They just seem like they should have so much history by that point. Definitely color me interested as a player.

As an aside-- I'm running a game right now using "archetype gestalt"-- characters pick only one class, but they can gain the benefits of archetypes that trade away all of its class features (in an internally-consistent way) once without actually losing anything (and could potentially pay the actual costs for other archetypes as well). So they have a much more flexible array of class features without the raw power of actual gestalt. Is that a system that fits with your hopes? I can't tell how important the Sorcerer is to you.

The Sorc half isn't vital, but I'd take it over the archetype thing if pressed to choose.

angelpalm
2024-02-06, 05:11 AM
I like the idea of instead of multiclassing you get more specialized in your single class by gaining extra archetypes/etc.

I'd consider this for something like a Cryptic using something silly like the Aegis trained s-class archetype. Not sure about the otherside, if it is gestalt. Maybe an akashic class? I find myself recently being more partial to them. Maybe a Promethean? Snag this (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Obsessionist) as my free archetype?

Debatra
2024-02-06, 03:24 PM
I like the idea of instead of multiclassing you get more specialized in your single class by gaining extra archetypes/etc.

Ooh, now that's an interesting idea.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-02-08, 08:30 PM
Interested as a player.

Long games are good games.

Starbuck_II
2024-02-08, 09:20 PM

Wait, so you can have as many archetypes as you wish or limited number like 4?

Like a Cavalier could be Sister in Arms, Ghost Rider, Knight of Wall, and a Castellan even tho he nomally can't because uses too many class features ar same time.

Talivan
2024-02-12, 01:00 PM
Or we can say we get 2 to 3 slots per level and then we could cherrypick special abilities from all Archetypes, meeting level requirements (minus the detriments for the alrernate special abilities like diminishing spellcasting, etc...... just saying......still Gestalt for more abuse :smallsmile:

tonberryking
2024-02-12, 02:39 PM
Expressing interest… depending on story?

Yas392
2024-02-12, 02:45 PM
Tentative Interest.

Palanan
2024-02-12, 10:38 PM
Could be interested as a player.

What's the exact ritual for summoning a GM? I have some exotic seeds and spider exoskeletons I could contribute.

Arael666
2024-02-15, 03:10 PM
I might give this a try, but I would rather we used a discord channel as a medium for this (and maybe roll20 for maps), the problem being that I am quite illiterate regarding discord configuration/moderation (dice rollers, creating channels, servers, fixing posts, etc), So I'd like to ask for someone to assist me or maybe take that responsability entirely.

Also, we'd have to adhere to a slow post schedule (about 2-3 posts a week), I have a lot of work but I can realiably post a few times a week at night between 8-12pm (-3 UTC).

Finally, I'm mostly familiar with 3.5, but I've been reading a lot of pf material laterly and I've been meaning to convert for some time now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to force me into diving a bit deeper into that. What I mean by that is that I'm bound to make a few mistakes or dish out weird rulings here and there, so if that happens to be the case I'd like for anyone participating to point that out.

Thait being said, if anyone is willing to accept these terms, I think I can try running a game again.

Also, also.

I feel the need to disclose that I have tried to run a game before but got frustraded and abandoned it. This is my way of trying to repent and make amends. Not trying to be overdramatic, but I felt really bad doing that

Cassus
2024-02-15, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty comfortable with Discord in all the areas you've listed, and I'd be glad to help, but you'll need to tell me what "fixing posts" means-- do you mean pinning messages, or editing them, or something else?

Arael666
2024-02-15, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty comfortable with Discord in all the areas you've listed, and I'd be glad to help, but you'll need to tell me what "fixing posts" means-- do you mean pinning messages, or editing them, or something else?

I meant to say pinning messages to channels

Yas392
2024-02-15, 04:15 PM
8 pm-12 am seems doable for me (if I am chosen) since it is morning here.

Athaleon
2024-02-15, 05:47 PM
I'd be interested as a player. Running a game entirely in Discord does have its advantages. For what it's worth, I'd prefer to start around 5th level.

DammitVictor
2024-02-15, 07:12 PM
Or we can say we get 2 to 3 slots per level and then we could cherrypick special abilities from all Archetypes, meeting level requirements (minus the detriments for the alrernate special abilities like diminishing spellcasting, etc...... just saying......still Gestalt for more abuse :smallsmile:

Look at the Genius Guide to the Talented $CLASS series from Rogue Genius Games. Basically breaks down a huge number of first-party and third-party archetypes into a system of "Edges" (big class feats) and "Talents" (small class feats).

I am definitely interested in PF games developed along these lines. Details of what I'd play would depend on the exact rules being employed, but I'm interested in classes/archetypes similar to Visitor Druid, Oozemorph (Legendary) Shifter, Soulknife, or various forms of Magus or Bard.

Triskavanski
2024-02-15, 07:15 PM
This does peek interest

Arael666
2024-02-15, 08:05 PM
There is one somewhat odd request I have: The ability for each character to take a single Class Archetype (not one on each side of the Gestalt, one total) and get all of its benefits without the drawbacks and trade-ins (including the ability to take another archetype that actually gives up or alters the same class features). The sole reason I want this is to be a Phantom Thief without giving up Sneak Attack and Trapfinding, so I can be an even bigger skillmonkey. If I can't get that, then whatever, but I'd love it.

To be frank, that Archetype doesnt seem very powerfull. In fact, I would argue it makes the rogue even worse combat wise. So I'm very inclined to just let you keep SA and trapfinding while taking that archetype, I really don't see the need to give an archetype for free (that can get silly very fast, specialy in gestalt).

I wouldn't count on that, sorry. I'm willing to be lenient regarding power levels but that doesn't sound like a good idea, since I'm taking into account what I'm able to handle right now

Talivan
2024-02-15, 09:40 PM
I am okay with your conditions, waiting 16 and discord link

Shiro_Nogard
2024-02-15, 09:59 PM
I am okay with your conditions, waiting 16 and discord link

Also OK with this.

Cassus
2024-02-15, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't count on that, sorry. I'm willing to be lenient regarding power levels but that doesn't sound like a good idea, since I'm taking into account what I'm able to handle right now

Quick clarification-- The multiple-archetypes bit was a possible alternative to gestalt. If you're just running straight gestalt, no need to worry about any of those comments.

Also, not a dealbreaker, but a starting level around 3 would be nice.

Debatra
2024-02-16, 07:05 AM
I might give this a try, but I would rather we used a discord channel as a medium for this (and maybe roll20 for maps), the problem being that I am quite illiterate regarding discord configuration/moderation (dice rollers, creating channels, servers, fixing posts, etc), So I'd like to ask for someone to assist me or maybe take that responsability entirely.

Also, we'd have to adhere to a slow post schedule (about 2-3 posts a week), I have a lot of work but I can realiably post a few times a week at night between 8-12pm (-3 UTC).

Finally, I'm mostly familiar with 3.5, but I've been reading a lot of pf material laterly and I've been meaning to convert for some time now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to force me into diving a bit deeper into that. What I mean by that is that I'm bound to make a few mistakes or dish out weird rulings here and there, so if that happens to be the case I'd like for anyone participating to point that out.

Thait being said, if anyone is willing to accept these terms, I think I can try running a game again.

Also, also.

I feel the need to disclose that I have tried to run a game before but got frustraded and abandoned it. This is my way of trying to repent and make amends. Not trying to be overdramatic, but I felt really bad doing that

All fof that is fine by me, though I won't be able to make it on Tuesdays that time. I can also help with whatever Discord things need doing.

To be frank, that Archetype doesnt seem very powerfull. In fact, I would argue it makes the rogue even worse combat wise. So I'm very inclined to just let you keep SA and trapfinding while taking that archetype, I really don't see the need to give an archetype for free (that can get silly very fast, specialy in gestalt).

Having actually played it before, I can tell you that yes, it does sacrifice a lot of your combat ability. But it does so in order to make you a god-tier skillmonkey.

While all of these ideas being posted are interesting, don't feel any pressure regarding them.

Arael666
2024-02-16, 09:54 AM
I'm writing this while eating lunch, so if I forgot some information, please ask. Here it goes:

The Big 16

1. What game system are you running:

Pathfinder 1e. While the group will be restricted to pf material, I reserve the right to use 3.5 material as a DM, since it's the one I'm mostly familiar with right now.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be:

Homebrew adventure inspired by city of the spider queen and out of the abyss modules. My intention is for the location of the adventure to be mostly north of the silver marches and the sword coast (we'll start in Silverymoon), the underdark equivalent would be the northdark. It's highly likely that the players will face drow and underdark denizens recurrently, both in combat and social interations.

I will try my best to run social interactions and they will be part of the adventure (murderhobos, be warned), but political intrigue is way beyond my narrative capabilities.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?:

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?:

discord server nad probably roll20 for maps

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?:

Level 5, Gestalt.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?:

Standard WBL, no item should be more expensive than 1/3 of your wealth

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?:

Be mindful of where the adventure is located and how your character will fit thematically and geographically. I'll handwaive the characters internal history with each other so we avoid that slow start that tends to kill games early.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?:

As requested, MechanicsHound (https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=160552) Changeling race is in play. I'll also blanket approve all the core races (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/) that appear in the link, plus the dragonborn and forgeborn. If any other races catches your attention you may request and I'll give it a read.
No homebrew other than whats stated.
Races from allowed material (see below) but none with RP higher than 15

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?:

25 pb, HP is half your HD +1.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?:

Aligment exists as per normal rules.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?:

I will not forbid it, but please try not to go crazy

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?:

Players and DM will make their own rolls, DM might make hidden rolls for PCs when the situation requires.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Elephant in the Room (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/) rules are inf effect.
Background skills (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/) are in effect.
Gestalt
You get one favored class per track. Extra Hit Points, Power Points and Skill Points from this may stack.
No flaws

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular:

Two or three paragraphs describing who you are, why you're in Silverymoon and hopefully why a local noble would hire your services (this last requirement may be fufilled by the party as a group after selection, so it's not mandatory). If you want, you can write a more detailed character history and I'll definetly read it, just be aware that while I will try my best to make every player feel relevant in the game, I will avoid including personal background information from players to avoid the spotlight effect.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?:

This will moslty be investigation with a lot of hack and slash. Might have puzzle solving depending on how you define that trope.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?:

Blanked aproval for all first party plus psionics, path of war and akasha from DSP. No spheres content. If you want something from other sources you will need to provide me a link where I can obtain that information legally.

DammitVictor
2024-02-16, 11:38 AM

Gestalt
No flaws

I briefly considered playing a Human. (Changed my mind.) For the benefit of players who might still be considering human, how does this interact with the Eclectic and Fast Learner feats?

I am thinking a Forgeborn Myrmidarch (Magus)/Armored Blade (Soulknife). The Myrmidarch uses standard Magus spellcasting and preparation, minus one spell per spell level.

May I substitute that for spontaneous spellcasting, using the Bard spells known and spells per day minus one of each per spell level?

I'll be gaining Weapon Training and Armor Training and the ability to take Fighter-specific weapon feats from the Myrmidarch class. I intend to select form mind bolt as a blade skill at 4th level. Should I count my mind blade and mind bolt as one weapon or two weapons for these purposes, and are they the same weapon group or different weapon groups?

Arael666
2024-02-16, 02:13 PM
I briefly considered playing a Human. (Changed my mind.) For the benefit of players who might still be considering human, how does this interact with the Eclectic and Fast Learner feats?

For the Ecletic feat, you simply get to add another favored class, this benefit will not be received on each track. For Fast Learner you do get the benefit for each track, so a wizard 5//fighter 5 who has these classes as favored get +1 SP and +1 HP per track, resulting in +2 HP and +2 SP in total.

May I substitute that for spontaneous spellcasting, using the Bard spells known and spells per day minus one of each per spell level?

Would you consider the Primagus (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/rite-publishing-magus-archetypes/primagus-magus-archetype) as an alternative?

I'll be gaining Weapon Training and Armor Training and the ability to take Fighter-specific weapon feats from the Myrmidarch class. I intend to select form mind bolt as a blade skill at 4th level. Should I count my mind blade and mind bolt as one weapon or two weapons for these purposes, and are they the same weapon group or different weapon groups?

As per Telekinetic Bolt blade skill text "The mind bolt gains the enhancement bonus of the soulknife’s mind blade and may select its own enhancements (such as distance or flaming) as if it were a separate weapon from her mind blade."

Regarding weapon groups, from what I'm reading, the mindbold would be a thrown weapon and the standard mind blade would be a Blade, Light or heavy.

Debatra
2024-02-16, 02:49 PM
So, are we doing the thing you mentioned with Phantom Thief? (If we are, I'd think it's also fair to at least give everyone else a chance of getting something "underpowered" to add in. I want my time to shine and do the things my character does, but I want that for everyone else too. Last thing I would want is to end up as the "main character".)

Also, since you didn't mention anything about the third-party stuff I mentioned (and linked to) in the OP, I will once again ask about Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling Favored Class bonus.

Athaleon
2024-02-16, 02:52 PM
I had a high level Rajah//Kheshig that didn't end up being played, I'm thinking I'll adapt that concept for this game.

Talivan
2024-02-16, 03:26 PM
I just got an idea with the Alchemist(Gun Chemist) archetype, maybe gestalt it with Magus (Arcane Archer)

DammitVictor
2024-02-16, 03:52 PM
Would you consider the Primagus (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/rite-publishing-magus-archetypes/primagus-magus-archetype) as an alternative?

I am not attached to the Myrmidarch archetype and its abilities, but Eldritch Scion and Primagus are no good. Berserker rage and eldritch bloodlines don't fit.

I'm also not keen on changing my spellcasting ability from my +2 INT to my -4 CHA.

edit: If we're not going to find a solution here, I can pivot my concept to psionic kineticist or occult kineticist with no trouble.

edit 2: I'll just go psionic. Dual Disciple (PK/Nomad) Psion, Fighter, and Soulknife. Is the Dark Tempest (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/dark-tempest/) PRC okay?

As per Telekinetic Bolt blade skill text "The mind bolt gains the enhancement bonus of the soulknife’s mind blade and may select its own enhancements (such as distance or flaming) as if it were a separate weapon from her mind blade."

Regarding weapon groups, from what I'm reading, the mindbold would be a thrown weapon and the standard mind blade would be a Blade, Light or heavy.

Okay. I'm still quite happy to do this.

Cassus
2024-02-16, 04:20 PM
Alright! Whoo!

And some good news-- Pathfinder is written to pretty heavily discourage multiclassing, so probably won't be too much of that.

I've never used or read Paths of War before, so I'll probably go through the SRD and do something with that. In the meantime, a couple of questions.

1. Can you give me an idea of the level of optimization in the game? "Anyone who's not a full caster with seven levels of free metamagic will wish they were," "Aim for the final gestalt to be tier 2-ish," "Expect challenging fights with enemies that pull no punches, but I'll tailor the actual level of challenge to whatever the final group composition is," "Fighter//Barbarian should be viable for the length of the campaign"?

2. How would you describe the intended tone of the game? Warhammer 40k, Batman Beyond, Lord of the Rings, Dora the Explorer?
2a. Is there anything mechanics-wise that will interfere with that tone/PCs should avoid? Guns, psionics, androids, contact with outer gods?

3. Did you approve all of MechanicHound's races, or just the Changeling specifically? (I haven't seen that post before)

4. How are you handling prestige classes? "Must qualify for the class entirely using one side of the gestalt, can only advance in one prestige class per character level?

tonberryking
2024-02-16, 06:10 PM
If Dreamscarred suff is allowed, does that mean Decataurs (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/dreamscarred-press/decataur/) are allowed?

And are we still doing the one class gestalt stuff or are we doing standard gestalt?

Arael666
2024-02-16, 07:42 PM
So, are we doing the thing you mentioned with Phantom Thief? (If we are, I'd think it's also fair to at least give everyone else a chance of getting something "underpowered" to add in. I want my time to shine and do the things my character does, but I want that for everyone else too. Last thing I would want is to end up as the "main character".)

Also, since you didn't mention anything about the third-party stuff I mentioned (and linked to) in the OP, I will once again ask about Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling Favored Class bonus.

Yes, we're doing the thing with phantom thief. I will be hearing requests regarding other people doing minor alterations like that, I just wont blanked aprove anything since it's supposed to be minimal, like you keeping two very underpowered class features in order to "keep up" with combat, since that archetype hinders your combat abilities in the first place

I am not attached to the Myrmidarch archetype and its abilities, but Eldritch Scion and Primagus are no good. Berserker rage and eldritch bloodlines don't fit.

I'm also not keen on changing my spellcasting ability from my +2 INT to my -4 CHA.

edit: If we're not going to find a solution here, I can pivot my concept to psionic kineticist or occult kineticist with no trouble.

edit 2: I'll just go psionic. Dual Disciple (PK/Nomad) Psion, Fighter, and Soulknife. Is the Dark Tempest (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/dark-tempest/) PRC okay?

I sugested that because it seemd to fit with what you wanted. You see, I'm still familiarizing myself with a lot of pathfinder material, and minor alteration like that tend to be forgotten as time goes by. I wanted to avoid me forgeting allowing this and ask you 5 weeks from now "hey why are you casting spontaneouly when your class has prepared spellcasting?". Using the class "as is" helps me with that and avoid confusion. But it's no big deal, I'll just have to keep one more note in mind. That being said, if you want to go back to magus I'll consider this your "minor alteration" as was granted to Debatra, or you can still change your concept if you'd like and request a different minor change if you want to.

Dark Tempest is allowed

Alright! Whoo!

And some good news-- Pathfinder is written to pretty heavily discourage multiclassing, so probably won't be too much of that.

I've never used or read Paths of War before, so I'll probably go through the SRD and do something with that. In the meantime, a couple of questions.

1. Can you give me an idea of the level of optimization in the game? "Anyone who's not a full caster with seven levels of free metamagic will wish they were," "Aim for the final gestalt to be tier 2-ish," "Expect challenging fights with enemies that pull no punches, but I'll tailor the actual level of challenge to whatever the final group composition is," "Fighter//Barbarian should be viable for the length of the campaign"?

2. How would you describe the intended tone of the game? Warhammer 40k, Batman Beyond, Lord of the Rings, Dora the Explorer?
2a. Is there anything mechanics-wise that will interfere with that tone/PCs should avoid? Guns, psionics, androids, contact with outer gods?

3. Did you approve all of MechanicHound's races, or just the Changeling specifically? (I haven't seen that post before)

4. How are you handling prestige classes? "Must qualify for the class entirely using one side of the gestalt, can only advance in one prestige class per character level?

1 - I tend to like somewhere between mid to high optimization levels. I also tailor the encounters to the party, so everyone can contribute at least a little bit and feel useful. I do tend to not pull punches when managing enemies, but I almost always start slow and increase dificulty as I get a better feel of the party capabilities. So, if someone wanted to play a Fighter//Barbarian I would try to make it viable for him, but it certaily would be a lot easier if he kept up with the other party members by himself.

2 - I guess batman beyond is pretty accurate description of what I'll try to conduct here (if you replace the tech gadgets with magic items). It's supposed to be a serious campaign with investigations and a lot of fights.
2a - Since we're playing in faerun, guns should be almost non existant, but I will allow early firearms and the player will have no trouble finding materials for crafting ammo or weapons. As far as I know, warforged do exist in faerun, albeit quite rare, we're just refluffing the forgeborn to fit that. So no androinds or technology.

3 - That was answered in the big 16: "As requested, MechanicsHound Changeling race is in play. I'll also blanket approve all the core races that appear in the link, plus the dragonborn and forgeborn. If any other races catches your attention you may request and I'll give it a read."

4 - You can use both tracks to qualify for a prestige class, but only one prestige per level is allowed. I'll add that info to the big 16.

If Dreamscarred suff is allowed, does that mean Decataurs (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/dreamscarred-press/decataur/) are allowed?

Taking a quick look at that race it seems to have less than 15 RP, as long as this is the case, it's allowed, but I will ask you to confirm that

And are we still doing the one class gestalt stuff or are we doing standard gestalt?
Standard gestalt. But you may request a minor alteration to a class, like getting some skill as a class skill, not giving up a class feature like trapfinding when taking an archetype or getting to take a fourth trait.

tonberryking
2024-02-16, 08:27 PM
Could that minor class alteration be something like changing the mental stat I use for casting/Ki pool stuff? I was planning to possibly do ninja and it would really help me if both it and my other class used the same casting stat... (I wanna make them both use wisdom, FTR.)

DammitVictor
2024-02-16, 09:10 PM
I sugested that because it seemd to fit with what you wanted.

Yes, thank you. I didn't intend my reply as a complaint, but rather an explanation for why I wasn't taking the offer, which would have been a reasonable offer if it didn't lead me way off-concept. I sometimes feel like I'm the one being difficult when it's just the rules being a little bit needlessly inflexible, and apparently my attempts to communicate that I'm willing to "play ball" come across unintentionally as demands for concessions.

I think I am more comfortable with Psion anyway, because a lot of Pathfinder classes have a lot of mechanics that are just a lot. Thanks for being willing to work with me on this, but I'll stick to coloring within the lines for now.

Dark Tempest is allowed

Thanks, this helps me a lot.

Debatra
2024-02-16, 10:03 PM
Yes, we're doing the thing with phantom thief. I will be hearing requests regarding other people doing minor alterations like that, I just wont blanked aprove anything since it's supposed to be minimal, like you keeping two very underpowered class features in order to "keep up" with combat, since that archetype hinders your combat abilities in the first place

Great to hear, but you still haven't answered the other two things I asked about. If you need some time to look at or think about them, please just say so instead of not answering at all.

Arael666
2024-02-16, 10:44 PM
Great to hear, but you still haven't answered the other two things I asked about. If you need some time to look at or think about them, please just say so instead of not answering at all.

Sorry, I didn't adress them specifically because I tought they were core material and thus already covered in the big 16. You can use the Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling sorcerer favored class (that wasn't adressed in the race update so it remains unchanged)

Arael666
2024-02-16, 11:53 PM
Could that minor class alteration be something like changing the mental stat I use for casting/Ki pool stuff? I was planning to possibly do ninja and it would really help me if both it and my other class used the same casting stat... (I wanna make them both use wisdom, FTR.)

Changing a "casting" hability would not be considered minor, sorry. On the other hand, you could select an archetype that changes your casting stat and try to alter something minor, like a adding another option to a selection of bonus feats, or keeping weapons and armor proficiency

tonberryking
2024-02-16, 11:56 PM
There's only three ninja archetypes. Is there a cleric archetype that uses charisma?

Cassus
2024-02-17, 12:26 AM
There is!

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo-cleric-archetypes/elder-mythos-cultist-cleric-archetype/

Also, Oracles are Cha-based and fit into a lot of the same spaces.

Debatra
2024-02-17, 07:35 AM
Sorry, I didn't adress them specifically because I tought they were core material and thus already covered in the big 16. You can use the Arcane Charlatan and the Changeling sorcerer favored class (that wasn't adressed in the race update so it remains unchanged)

D20PFSRD.org has a lot of third-party stuff listed, which isn't automatically included and a lot of DMs are a little wary about them (and rightfully so, as some of it is a little "much").

Keep an eye on the links on top of the page, right above the name of the thing in question. If it says "Paizo, Inc." or no corporation, it's official PF. If it has any other corporate name, it's third-party.

For example (https://i.imgur.com/Ie7E7Hl.png).

---

I do understand wanting to avoid huge things like putting all of 3.5e and PF1 into a blender, but how would you feel about a few individual spells and items from 3.5e that don't really have an equivilent? For example, the cantrip Silent Portal (SpC 190), which just makes opening doors/windows/etc silent if done the normal way (but not by breaking them open, kicking them in, etc.). Though PF1 does have rules for custom spell research (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic/#TOC-Research-and-Designing-Spells) if we want to just sidestep that.

Also, the Vestment of Many Styles (RoE 175), essentially a set of shapeshifting clothes. Very handy for a Changeling. There's technically a similar PF1 item (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/r-z/sleeves-of-many-garments), it's just different enough to be annoying. The vestment is transmutation, and can just be worn and changted with a command word, while the sleeves are illusion and need to be put on and taken off (and thus also stowed away somewhere when not in use).

Don't worry though, I'm not about to go crazy and ask for the entire Arms and Equipment Guide or something. :wink:

Infernally Clay
2024-02-17, 08:04 AM
I think I'll put together an Unchained Monk//Druid of the regular ol' human variety. There's just something amusing about that combination and there's obvious thematic and mechanical synergy too, which is always nice to have.

I'll get a sheet together for Leif Fýrisdotter soon.

If we're playing on Discord, having a slower pace will probably help anyway since it's easy to lose track of what's going on. I would suggest separate channels for IC, OOC and rolling posts, though.

tonberryking
2024-02-17, 08:28 AM
There is!

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo-cleric-archetypes/elder-mythos-cultist-cleric-archetype/

Also, Oracles are Cha-based and fit into a lot of the same spaces.

...Yeah, I must have needed way more sleep than I got, b/c I woke up and read something that also reminded me oracles were a thing.

Ninja/oracle decataur on the way.

Arael666
2024-02-17, 09:02 AM
There's only three ninja archetypes. Is there a cleric archetype that uses charisma?

I would like to point out that I did not specifically ban third party sources, it's on a case by case analysis. So, for example, you could ask for the Nokizaru (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja/archetypes/rogue-genius-games-ninja-archetypes/nokizaru) archetype (who has cha based arcane spellcasting) and as your minor change keep the sneak attack progression, or ask for the Wolf Head (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/alternate-classes/ninja/archetypes/rogue-genius-games-ninja-archetypes/wolf-head) Archetype, which replaces the ki-pool entirely.

To my knowledge, the aforementioned Archetypes increase the power level of the ninja class, but we're talking about a ninja so I'm much more inclined to be lenient regarding an increase of power than if you wanted something for a wizard/cleric/druid

D20PFSRD.org has a lot of third-party stuff listed, which isn't automatically included and a lot of DMs are a little wary about them (and rightfully so, as some of it is a little "much").

Keep an eye on the links on top of the page, right above the name of the thing in question. If it says "Paizo, Inc." or no corporation, it's official PF. If it has any other corporate name, it's third-party.

For example (https://i.imgur.com/Ie7E7Hl.png).

---

I do understand wanting to avoid huge things like putting all of 3.5e and PF1 into a blender, but how would you feel about a few individual spells and items from 3.5e that don't really have an equivilent? For example, the cantrip Silent Portal (SpC 190), which just makes opening doors/windows/etc silent if done the normal way (but not by breaking them open, kicking them in, etc.). Though PF1 does have rules for custom spell research (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/Magic/#TOC-Research-and-Designing-Spells) if we want to just sidestep that.

Also, the Vestment of Many Styles (RoE 175), essentially a set of shapeshifting clothes. Very handy for a Changeling. There's technically a similar PF1 item (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/r-z/sleeves-of-many-garments), it's just different enough to be annoying. The vestment is transmutation, and can just be worn and changted with a command word, while the sleeves are illusion and need to be put on and taken off (and thus also stowed away somewhere when not in use).

Don't worry though, I'm not about to go crazy and ask for the entire Arms and Equipment Guide or something. :wink:

Yeah, I gave the srd a good reading yersterday so that doesn't happen again, it doesn't help that a few links are broken (the changeling race link for example keeps leading to dhampir for some reason). It too a while for me to notice the top page link.

We can port a few spells and itens if they do not have an equivalent, specially for minor effects like these two, so its ok on SIlent Portal and Vestment of Many Styles

I think I'll put together an Unchained Monk//Druid of the regular ol' human variety. There's just something amusing about that combination and there's obvious thematic and mechanical synergy too, which is always nice to have.

I'll get a sheet together for Leif Fýrisdotter soon.

If we're playing on Discord, having a slower pace will probably help anyway since it's easy to lose track of what's going on. I would suggest separate channels for IC, OOC and rolling posts, though.

Yeah, that is my intention for sure. I want separate channels for sheets, ooc, ic and probably a few more as we feel the need for them.

On another note

Regarding the character sheets

As I've stated before, I'm still familiarizing myself with pf material, so any links you can provide will immensely ligthen my job, and to my knowledge mythweavers is not very good for including those, so if possible I would ask for player to submit your sheet in a google docs or google sheets format.

This (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x5PTREcXTTMGK9hxC_Y3oA67LvD9pXLGaoUtr0TBB-4/edit#gid=201469825) is a character I made for another game and I'm presenting it to you as an example of what I mean, with a simple click I can be diretect to a lot of information. You don't have to use this template and chosing to use mythweavers will not influence the player selection in any way, it's just a selfish request of mine.

tonberryking
2024-02-17, 12:21 PM
Would you consider soothsaying (whether using a tarot harrow deck, reading the winds/predicting the weather, etc. etc. etc) be a performance or a profession skill?

Or neither?

EDIT: Also, possible minor alteration, but would you allow the Decataur's Nature Magic (Su): Decataur are finely tuned to the druidic and shamanistic ways of nature. they increase their caster level for all druid and ranger spells by 1. ability be able to be applied to oracle spells instead?

Infernally Clay
2024-02-17, 12:55 PM
Well I think this is by and large done now. I tried to keep it as concise as possible for you since you asked for things to be linked for convenience.

I won't bother with the skills or prepared spells until we figure out a more permanent place to put all this.

https://i.ibb.co/9Nm08xL/Screenshot-20231124-134930-2.png
Leif Fýrisdotter
Human Unchained Monk 5 // Druid 5
AC: 20 | HP: 45/45 | Initiative: +6
Fort: +7 | Ref: +7 | Will: +9

Spell Slots: 1st 4/4 | 2nd: 3/3 | 3rd: 2/2
Ki Pool: 7/7
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None

Hit Points: 45/45 | AC: 20
Str: 18 | Dex: 14 | Con: 14 | Int: 9 | Wis: 19 | Cha: 7
BAB: +5 | FAB: +9
Initiative: +6

Dual Talent:
Some humans are uniquely skilled at maximizing their natural gifts. These humans pick two ability scores and gain a +2 racial bonus in each of those scores. This racial trait replaces the +2 bonus to any one ability score, the bonus feat, and the skilled traits.

Favoured Class Bonus:
Add +¼ point to the monk‘s ki pool.
Selected 5 times.

Ability Score Increases:
4th - +1 wis

Feats:
1st - Powerful Maneuvers (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)
3rd - Improved Initiative (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-initiative-combat/)
5th - Natural Spell (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/natural-spell/)

Flurry of Blows:
Full round action. Make one additional attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Ki Pool:
Ki Pool equals half monk level plus wis mod +1. Regain all ki points on long rest. As long as you have at least 1 ki point, your unarmed attacks are considered magical.

Swift action. 1 ki point. When using Flurry of Blows, make one additional unarmed attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Evasion:
If you succeed at a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you instead take no damage.

Still Mind:
You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.

Purity of Body:
You gain immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Ki Powers:
Qinggong Power (Barkskin)
1 ki point, target self only, 50 mins duration.
+2 enhancement bonus to your existing natural armor bonus.

Style Strike:
Flying Kick (once per round)
Before the attack, you can move a distance equal to your fast movement bonus. This movement is made as part of your flurry of blows attack and does not require an additional action.

Bonus Feats:
Improved Unarmed Strike (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-unarmed-strike-combat) (1d8 bludgeoning damage)
Stunning Fist (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/stunning-fist-combat) (DC 16 fort save)
Dodge (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dodge-combat) (+1 dodge bonus to AC, merged with Mobility)
Combat Reflexes (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/combat-reflexes-combat) (+dex mod opportunity attacks per round)

Nature Bond:
Wolf Domain (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo-druid-archetypes/animal-and-terrain-domains/wolf-domain/)
Deft Maneuvers (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)

Nature Sense:
+2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.

Resist Nature's Lure:
+4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of fey.

Wild Shape:
Standard action. Once per day. As the Beast Shape I (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/beast-shape) spell. 5 hour duration.

Prepared Spells:
0th -
0th -
0th -
0th -

1st -
1st -
1st -
1st -

2nd -
2nd -
2nd -

3rd -
3rd -

Bracers of Armour +2 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bracers-of-armor) (4000gp)
Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-mighty-fists) (4000gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-of-resistance) (1000gp)
Aegis of Recovery (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/aegis-of-recovery) (1500gp)

Arael666
2024-02-17, 12:57 PM
Would you consider soothsaying (whether using a tarot harrow deck, reading the winds/predicting the weather, etc. etc. etc) be a performance or a profession skill?

Or neither?

In this setting, I would see it as a performance, taking into account that divination actually exists with actual verifiable proof. BUT (https://as2.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/05/05/93/13/1000_F_505931349_hOQ1A0VwpFqP8jJUgZIu2qFZEHueWvZX. jpg), if you wanted to trick someone making them believe you're a fortune teller while trying to extract information, you would require sense motive, bluff and possibly gather information along with your performance to have any meaningfull sucess and avoid being found out at the same time.

That mino modification is allowed

Shiro_Nogard
2024-02-17, 03:13 PM
Asking just in case. Is legendary gunslinger on the table?

Have an idea to make a protean alchemist/gunslinger. The legendary has an archetype that could help, but its not really necessary.

Yas392
2024-02-17, 03:16 PM
Is waiving away the cost of autohypnosis class feature from autohypnotist (https://www.aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Mesmerist%20Autohy pnotist) or retaining touch treatment if you give it up for Vexing Trickster (https://www.aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Mesmerist%20Vexing %20Trickster) considered a minor alteration?

DammitVictor
2024-02-17, 05:22 PM
I am plugging along at the sheet, but feels like Google is fighting me every step of the way. I may draw up a shorthand (non-interactive) sheet to submit before I'm finished.

Right now, I'm looking at Fighter|Soulknife (Armored Blade, Cutthroat) 2, Slayer|Psion (Nomad/PK) 3, aiming for Fighter|Elocater and Slayer|Dark Tempest. Forgeborn, more fighter/thief than primary caster.

Da'Shain
2024-02-17, 10:04 PM
Posting interest as a Half-Orc (Drow) Zealot // Dread (Swarm Master), someone trained in the warrior shamanic traditions of both parent races and focuses on battlefield control and support. I'll get started on a sheet for it soon.

Debatra
2024-02-18, 11:07 AM
I have few minor thrid-party spell requests. None of them are that "out there" but still good to check.

Timer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing-3rd-party-spells/t/timer/), which does just what the name suggests.
Quill (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing-3rd-party-spells/q/quill/), which just conjures a pen with infinite ink to your hand for a few minutes.
Transcribe (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/louis-porter-jr-design/transcribe/), which you cast onto a pen to copy an ongoing conversation onto paper.

Also, assuming the latter two are fine, I'd like to slightly modify Quill so that it can be used alongside Transcribe. The quill usually disappears if it eaves the caster's hand. I'm not asking for this detail to be blanket-removed, just altered so that it won't go away if you have other magic active on it.

tonberryking
2024-02-18, 12:55 PM
https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2880698

Dusk is nearing completion apart from the minutae of her gear and I'm also putting links to everything class/build wise in the notes section to reference.

TL;DR is that she's a shy decataur who's been a messenger/ninja serving a multitude of Goodly priests/churches for years and one of those organizations was all "Hey. You're getting much too strong/capable to be delivering secret papers. Go help out our boys in Silverymoon this time."

I just have a few questions:

1- If ninja are proficient with Katana, is that as a 2handed weapon or as an exotic weapon--IE, can ninja use it one or two handed without needing a feat?

2- I've basically made a stealthy Jill of All trades with more focus on stabbing/electrocuting foes than on healing her allies. But since Debatra initiated the request for this game and they're making a special rogue, is what I have too close to their area of expertise? I can drop Fluttershy the centaur and make something like a magus or a bloodrager instead if that wouldn't step on any toes.

Arael666
2024-02-18, 07:59 PM
Well I think this is by and large done now. I tried to keep it as concise as possible for you since you asked for things to be linked for convenience.

I won't bother with the skills or prepared spells until we figure out a more permanent place to put all this.

https://i.ibb.co/9Nm08xL/Screenshot-20231124-134930-2.png
Leif Fýrisdotter
Human Unchained Monk 5 // Druid 5
AC: 20 | HP: 45/45 | Initiative: +6

Spell Slots: 1st 4/4 | 2nd: 3/3 | 3rd: 2/2
Ki Pool: 7/7
Active Effects: None
Conditions: None

Hit Points: 45/45 | AC: 20
Str: 18 | Dex: 14 | Con: 14 | Int: 9 | Wis: 19 | Cha: 7
BAB: +5 | FAB: +9
Initiative: +6

Dual Talent:
Some humans are uniquely skilled at maximizing their natural gifts. These humans pick two ability scores and gain a +2 racial bonus in each of those scores. This racial trait replaces the +2 bonus to any one ability score, the bonus feat, and the skilled traits.

Favoured Class Bonus:
Add +¼ point to the monk‘s ki pool.
Selected 5 times.

Ability Score Increases:
4th - +1 wis

Feats:
1st - Powerful Maneuvers (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)
3rd - Improved Initiative (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-initiative-combat/)
5th - Natural Spell (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/natural-spell/)

Flurry of Blows:
Full round action. Make one additional attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Ki Pool:
Ki Pool equals half monk level plus wis mod +1. Regain all ki points on long rest. As long as you have at least 1 ki point, your unarmed attacks are considered magical.

Swift action. 1 ki point. When using Flurry of Blows, make one additional unarmed attack at your highest base attack bonus.

Evasion:
If you succeed at a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, you instead take no damage.

Still Mind:
You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.

Purity of Body:
You gain immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Ki Powers:
Qinggong Power (Barkskin)
1 ki point, target self only, 50 mins duration.
+2 enhancement bonus to your existing natural armor bonus.

Style Strike:
Flying Kick (once per round)
Before the attack, you can move a distance equal to your fast movement bonus. This movement is made as part of your flurry of blows attack and does not require an additional action.

Bonus Feats:
Improved Unarmed Strike (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/improved-unarmed-strike-combat) (1d8 bludgeoning damage)
Stunning Fist (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/stunning-fist-combat) (DC 16 fort save)
Dodge (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dodge-combat) (+1 dodge bonus to AC, merged with Mobility)
Combat Reflexes (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/combat-reflexes-combat) (+dex mod opportunity attacks per round)

Nature Bond:
Wolf Domain (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo-druid-archetypes/animal-and-terrain-domains/wolf-domain/)
Deft Maneuvers (https://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/)

Nature Sense:
+2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.

Resist Nature's Lure:
+4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of fey.

Wild Shape:
Standard action. Once per day. As the Beast Shape I (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/beast-shape) spell. 5 hour duration.

Prepared Spells:
0th -
0th -
0th -
0th -

1st -
1st -
1st -
1st -

2nd -
2nd -
2nd -

3rd -
3rd -

Bracers of Armour +2 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/bracers-of-armor) (4000gp)
Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-mighty-fists) (4000gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-of-resistance) (1000gp)
Aegis of Recovery (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/a-b/aegis-of-recovery) (1500gp)

Seems quite simple and a good build. Also, you have one favored clas per track, you seems to have slected only monk.

Asking just in case. Is legendary gunslinger on the table?

Have an idea to make a protean alchemist/gunslinger. The legendary has an archetype that could help, but its not really necessary.

I'll allow it, seems like a tradeoff of mobility and customizations instead of more damage.

Is waiving away the cost of autohypnosis class feature from autohypnotist (https://www.aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Mesmerist%20Autohy pnotist) or retaining touch treatment if you give it up for Vexing Trickster (https://www.aonprd.com/ArchetypeDisplay.aspx?FixedName=Mesmerist%20Vexing %20Trickster) considered a minor alteration?

Waiving the cost of autohypnosis is not allowed, but keeping touch treatment is.

I have few minor thrid-party spell requests. None of them are that "out there" but still good to check.

Timer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing-3rd-party-spells/t/timer/), which does just what the name suggests.
Quill (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing-3rd-party-spells/q/quill/), which just conjures a pen with infinite ink to your hand for a few minutes.
Transcribe (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/louis-porter-jr-design/transcribe/), which you cast onto a pen to copy an ongoing conversation onto paper.

Also, assuming the latter two are fine, I'd like to slightly modify Quill so that it can be used alongside Transcribe. The quill usually disappears if it eaves the caster's hand. I'm not asking for this detail to be blanket-removed, just altered so that it won't go away if you have other magic active on it.

Those are very interesting spells and I see no problem allowing both the request for the spell as well as the interaction between quill and transcribe, but reading transcribe I don't even think that you need it, since the target of the spell is the material in which the speech will be transcribed, so it seems you don't need a pen or quill at all for the spell to work. It'll certainly be interesting to see them in action.

https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2880698

Dusk is nearing completion apart from the minutae of her gear and I'm also putting links to everything class/build wise in the notes section to reference.

TL;DR is that she's a shy decataur who's been a messenger/ninja serving a multitude of Goodly priests/churches for years and one of those organizations was all "Hey. You're getting much too strong/capable to be delivering secret papers. Go help out our boys in Silverymoon this time."

I just have a few questions:

1- If ninja are proficient with Katana, is that as a 2handed weapon or as an exotic weapon--IE, can ninja use it one or two handed without needing a feat?

2- I've basically made a stealthy Jill of All trades with more focus on stabbing/electrocuting foes than on healing her allies. But since Debatra initiated the request for this game and they're making a special rogue, is what I have too close to their area of expertise? I can drop Fluttershy the centaur and make something like a magus or a bloodrager instead if that wouldn't step on any toes.

1 - To my understanding, "being proficient" means you do have the exotic weapon proficiency with the appropriate weapon, in this case a katana, so by virtue of being a ninja you receive ssaid feat and thus are able to use the weapon with a single hand without penalty.
2 - I don't mind characters sharing a role at all and since this is gestalt, it's bound to happen sooner rather than later. Also, the last thing I want is to have you change what you would like to play as. That being said, I will be totally frank with you and confess that to me some roles are easier to deal with when there are more than one character that are proficient in them, like combat, buffing and healing. Others, like party face and sneaking, not so much. So this might have an impact in character selection

Debatra
2024-02-18, 10:05 PM
Can't think of what it was off the top of my head, but I got it mixed up with some other spell that needs to target a writing tool. (Though it was Transcribe I was requesting.)

Cassus
2024-02-19, 02:23 AM
Alright!

Whew. I think I've got a handle on Path of War now, looking at a Harbinger (Ravenlord)//Magus (Kensai), doing a mix of healing, battlefield control, and stabbing.

Question. Can I use the MechanicHound Half-elven race? I couldn't tell whether "core races at the link" meant "at the MechanicHound link" or "at the d20pfsrd link."
To save time, the "traits from parents" I'm planning to take are...

+2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity
---Fire Immunity: Immune to fire. (+4 RP)
---See in the Dark: Dark Vision (+2 RP)
---Bonus Feat (+4 RP)

Also, for the Ravenlord archetype (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/harbinger/archetypes/ravenlord/), I get a bird animal companion. Does that mean "any bird companion" or specifically the Bird (https://www.aonprd.com/DruidCompanions.aspx?ItemName=Bird%20(Eagle/Hawk/Owl)) companion?
If it would normally be the latter, does it count as a minor adjustment to change the animal companion to a Roc (https://www.aonprd.com/DruidCompanions.aspx?ItemName=Roc)?

Also also, are the custom weapon rules (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/Weapons/#creating_new_weapons) in play?

Yas392
2024-02-19, 03:04 AM
@Arael666 OK, thanks. Regarding archetypes, if one gives you a feat that is made irrelevant by the feat tax, do we get to replace that feat with another one of the same type (e.g if archetype gives combat expertise but due to feat tax is gone and is a combat feat, do we get to replace it with another combat feat?)?

Toptomcat
2024-02-19, 02:55 PM
Have you got any objection to Lost Spheres Publishing's Parasite (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Parasite), or maybe Legendary Games' Rosethorn Princess (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Rosethorn_Princess) Harbringer archetype?

Kvard51
2024-02-19, 08:19 PM
Leaning to a Ranger//Kheshig. Not sure on race, possibly a Goliath.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-02-20, 02:20 AM
I'll allow it, seems like a tradeoff of mobility and customizations instead of more damage.

Thanks. That's what I like about that class.

I had the idea of adding a construct. Maybe a wax one or a homunculus like Sage or crafter.
what do you think?

Debatra
2024-02-20, 09:36 AM
The Elephant in the Room makes it a little redundant, so I'd like to request a partial rework of the Underhanded Trick (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/underhanded-trick) Rogue Talent. With EitR in play, it gives a feat that doesn't exist anymore, while allowing you to qualify for another feat later down the road. I'd like to move this a bit forward. What do you think of this:

Prerequisites: Deft Maneuvers, Rogue or Unchained Rogue level 6.
Benefit: A rogue who selects this talent gains Greater Dirty Trick (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/greater-dirty-trick-combat) as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites. At 11th level, she is treated as if she meets all the prerequisites for Dirty Trick Master (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dirty-trick-master-combat) (although she must take the feat as normal). If she succeeds in giving her target the blinded condition, the target cannot remove the condition during the first round of blindness.

Arael666
2024-02-20, 06:45 PM
Alright!

Whew. I think I've got a handle on Path of War now, looking at a Harbinger (Ravenlord)//Magus (Kensai), doing a mix of healing, battlefield control, and stabbing.

Question. Can I use the MechanicHound Half-elven race? I couldn't tell whether "core races at the link" meant "at the MechanicHound link" or "at the d20pfsrd link."
To save time, the "traits from parents" I'm planning to take are...

+2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity
---Fire Immunity: Immune to fire. (+4 RP)
---See in the Dark: Dark Vision (+2 RP)
---Bonus Feat (+4 RP)

By "core races at the link" I meant that every core pf race that is altered by MechanicHound is allowed, so yeah you can use the half elf.

Also, for the Ravenlord archetype (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/harbinger/archetypes/ravenlord/), I get a bird animal companion. Does that mean "any bird companion" or specifically the Bird (https://www.aonprd.com/DruidCompanions.aspx?ItemName=Bird%20(Eagle/Hawk/Owl)) companion?
If it would normally be the latter, does it count as a minor adjustment to change the animal companion to a Roc (https://www.aonprd.com/DruidCompanions.aspx?ItemName=Roc)?

The archetype says "The dark messenger functions as a bird animal companion (using the ravenlord’s level as his effective druid level) with the following exceptions". I'm interpreting it to mean that any animal described here (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions/#TOC-Bird) that has "bird" in it's name would be a valid raven companion.

You can have that as your minor change

Also also, are the custom weapon rules (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/Weapons/#creating_new_weapons) in play?

We might use if it's really needed, but I hardly think we can't solve this issue by simply refluffing some existing weapon. What weapon do you have in mind exactly?

@Arael666 OK, thanks. Regarding archetypes, if one gives you a feat that is made irrelevant by the feat tax, do we get to replace that feat with another one of the same type (e.g if archetype gives combat expertise but due to feat tax is gone and is a combat feat, do we get to replace it with another combat feat?)?

Yes, but check with me if something like Debatra's situation that I'm responding in this post happens.

Have you got any objection to Lost Spheres Publishing's Parasite (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Parasite), or maybe Legendary Games' Rosethorn Princess (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Rosethorn_Princess) Harbringer archetype?

First, did you identify the publisher from the library website alone? or by googling the books? I've always had dificulty keeping track of who published what, but the library is even more confusing than the pfsrd in that aspect.

Regarding the classes, it seems quite a step up in power comparing it with other dsp material. While this is gestalt and it is normal to have more powerfull characters, things can get out of hand quite fast and easily snowball out of proportion.

Then again, I also don't like to limit players if they have interesting ideas, so I'll say this: if you like any of those classes you may use one, but I would ask you to pair it with a considerable less powerfull class in contrast, or maybe pair it with a class that don't offer many sinergies.

Thanks. That's what I like about that class.

I had the idea of adding a construct. Maybe a wax one or a homunculus like Sage or crafter.
what do you think?

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean pairing the legendary gunslinger with a crafter class and having a construct familiar/companion that you crafted yourself?

The Elephant in the Room makes it a little redundant, so I'd like to request a partial rework of the Underhanded Trick (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo-rogue-talents/underhanded-trick) Rogue Talent. With EitR in play, it gives a feat that doesn't exist anymore, while allowing you to qualify for another feat later down the road. I'd like to move this a bit forward. What do you think of this:

That seems like a very sensible solution, you may use that.

Cassus
2024-02-21, 12:29 AM
We might use if it's really needed, but I hardly think we can't solve this issue by simply refluffing some existing weapon. What weapon do you have in mind exactly?

RE custom weapon rules-- if you know Exalted, I'm trying to make a Floating Ribbon, an incredibly long ribbon sword (basically the silk-and-steel urumi equivalent of Cloud's Buster Sword).
The actual urumi (https://www.aonprd.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Urumi) doesn't scratch that itch. I was originally building with the idea of slightly refluffling a scorpion whip (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/whip-scorpion/), and I could still do that, but that's turning out to take a lot of feats, and I'm not really interested in the ability to swing from the weapon or attempt grapple/reposition maneuvers at range.

So I figured I'd ask about using the weapon creation rules and try cutting the Gordian Knot.

Or wait, were you asking about the exact custom weapon specs? Something like...

Dmg (M) 1d6; Critical 19-20×2; Type P or S; Price 21gp. Weight 6lbs.
Exotic Melee Light weapon
Group: Flails

Additional Design Points (-1pt, +15gp)
Reach (1pt)
Improved Critical Threat Range (3pt)
Additional Damage Type ("or," 1pt)
Improved Damage (2pt)

Exact details fluid-- finessable one-handed might fit better than "light," for instance, and I can afford that by shrinking the damage die.

Yas392
2024-02-21, 04:59 AM
Going for a mesmerist/fighter.

Can we retrain feats?

Infernally Clay
2024-02-21, 05:19 AM
Wildshape in Pathfinder is kinda weird... So Leif normally has...

20 AC and 18 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she uses wildshape to turn into a wolf she gains +2 strength and +2 natural armour but she loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers so her stats become...

20 AC and 20 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she hits 6th level she'll be able to wildshape into a large wolf, at which point she gains +4 natural armour and still loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers but loses another 1 AC due to the dexterity penalty so her stats become...

21 AC and 22 Str, 12 Dex, 14 Con.

DammitVictor
2024-02-21, 07:54 AM
I've submitted my application for Thirteen, my psionic assassin droid.

I'm working on backup pitches. A highly educated, noble half-orc swashbuckler/investigator type; maybe an Arcane bloodline Eldritch Scion/Archeologist; maybe an Aberrant Aegis|Visitor Druid; some sort of uber-lizardmensch?

Cassus
2024-02-21, 11:00 AM
Wildshape in Pathfinder is kinda weird... So Leif normally has...

20 AC and 18 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she uses wildshape to turn into a wolf she gains +2 strength and +2 natural armour but she loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers so her stats become...

20 AC and 20 Str, 14 Dex, 14 Con.

When she hits 6th level she'll be able to wildshape into a large wolf, at which point she gains +4 natural armour and still loses her +2 armour bonus from the bracers but loses another 1 AC due to the dexterity penalty so her stats become...

21 AC and 22 Str, 12 Dex, 14 Con.
It's actually worse-- you forgot the -1 size penalty to AC from being Large.
Yeah, druids were pretty crazy in 3.5, so pathfinder hit them hard in the conversion.

Infernally Clay
2024-02-21, 11:16 AM
It's actually worse-- you forgot the -1 size penalty to AC from being Large.
Yeah, druids were pretty crazy in 3.5, so pathfinder hit them hard in the conversion.

Yeah it seems like going up in size isn't actually worth it. Sure you gain +4 strength but large has a -1 penalty to attack rolls and the penalties to your attack rolls and AC get worse the bigger you go. Doesn't actually seem to be any real tradeoff either. You hit harder but you hit less often and you become a bigger, easier to hit target too.

Cassus
2024-02-21, 11:23 AM
Yeah it seems like going up in size isn't actually worth it. Sure you gain +4 strength but large has a -1 penalty to attack rolls and the penalties to your attack rolls and AC get worse the bigger you go. Doesn't actually seem to be any real tradeoff either. You hit harder but you hit less often and you become a bigger, easier to hit target too.

It's about damage-- your AC and to hit stay about the same, but your str and weapon damage die size is up, and your Trip bonus will be noticeably higher. But yeah, most of the happiness from druid wild shape upgrades comes from getting better traits at any size (level 6 doubles your fly speed and unlocks pounce, for instance).

Benoojian
2024-02-21, 11:21 PM
I've got a Psion(Egoist)//Vitalist in my head that relies on Shared Power to dump buffs all day on his allies.

Arael666
2024-02-22, 07:52 PM
RE custom weapon rules-- if you know Exalted, I'm trying to make a Floating Ribbon, an incredibly long ribbon sword (basically the silk-and-steel urumi equivalent of Cloud's Buster Sword).
The actual urumi (https://www.aonprd.com/EquipmentWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Urumi) doesn't scratch that itch. I was originally building with the idea of slightly refluffling a scorpion whip (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/whip-scorpion/), and I could still do that, but that's turning out to take a lot of feats, and I'm not really interested in the ability to swing from the weapon or attempt grapple/reposition maneuvers at range.

So I figured I'd ask about using the weapon creation rules and try cutting the Gordian Knot.

Or wait, were you asking about the exact custom weapon specs? Something like...

Dmg (M) 1d6; Critical 19-20×2; Type P or S; Price 21gp. Weight 6lbs.
Exotic Melee Light weapon
Group: Flails

Additional Design Points (-1pt, +15gp)
Reach (1pt)
Improved Critical Threat Range (3pt)
Additional Damage Type ("or," 1pt)
Improved Damage (2pt)

Exact details fluid-- finessable one-handed might fit better than "light," for instance, and I can afford that by shrinking the damage die.

I'm not familiar with exalted, but from your explanation it seems like you're describing something like this sword (https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/soulcalibur/images/4/4f/SC6-01-01.png/revision/latest?cb=20230331213123)? If it is, I didn't really find something that would fit in the pfsrd, I was considering refluffing a kusarigama (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/weapon-descriptions/kusarigama/) but no info on that weapon in the srd.

Reading the custom weapon, it seems appropriate, you may use that either as a light or finessable weapon.

Going for a mesmerist/fighter.

Can we retrain feats?

I didn't know if pf has retraining rules. If it has on core material, then yes you may, but losing a feat will deny you acess to anything it was a prerequisite for be it another feat, class feature or a prestige class entirely

Cassus
2024-02-22, 08:14 PM
Great, thanks! I'm having a devil of a time finding the right picture; the one you posted is solid but a bit heavy-looking. In real life, the closest equivalent is this (https://swordis.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/What-is-a-Whip-Sword.jpg) or this (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/Ethunu_kaduwa.jpg), but much, much longer (and with only a single "ribbon").

Also, PF has only an optional set of retraining rules (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/retraining/) (part of a much larger and more intricate set for running/investing in businesses and other downtime activities, but it's an easily-detachable part).

Talivan
2024-02-22, 09:09 PM
Question:

If we retrain duped feats obtained from classes?

My build now looks like:

Human
Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 /Magus (Arcane Archer) 4 // Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 4

And is feat starved :V

Arael666
2024-02-22, 09:33 PM
Question:

If we retrain duped feats obtained from classes?

My build now looks like:

Human
Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 /Magus (Arcane Archer) 4 // Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 4

And is feat starved :V

If the class simply gives you a specific feat, then retraining will not be possible. If the class gives you a choice among a list of feats, you may retrain to take another feat from that same list.

Talivan
2024-02-22, 11:17 PM
If the class simply gives you a specific feat, then retraining will not be possible. If the class gives you a choice among a list of feats, you may retrain to take another feat from that same list.

Then I'm out of luck:

PArtial Sheet for Janny Sparkdust (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880628)

Benoojian
2024-02-23, 12:06 AM
Devarin Sands (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhjVRg18lfYQAyH_rJBISACOM7xQeKsPi1g6mPqxkFs/edit?usp=sharing), Psion(Egoist)//Vitalist, Basically a Psychic Cleric, pumping healing and buffs through his Collective

Still a work in progress.

PArtial Sheet for Janny Sparkdust (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880628)

You have 3 Magic Traits, the only way to have multiple of a trait type is by taking the Exemplar trait for the type, which itself takes up two traits. The magic one is Curator of Mystic Secrets (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/exemplar-traits/curator-of-mystic-secrets/). Sorry.

Cassus
2024-02-23, 01:21 AM
Okay, one more question. You're setting the game in Faerun, right?

Do you have a particular year in mind, or are we not cleaving that close to canon? I'm mostly curious about who's currently running Aglarond (there's a nonzero chance my character is here trying to recruit one of the Seven Sisters to come fill the Simbul's shoes-- futile, I know, but no need to tell the PC that).

Shiro_Nogard
2024-02-23, 02:58 AM
I'm sorry, I don't follow. Do you mean pairing the legendary gunslinger with a crafter class and having a construct familiar/companion that you crafted yourself?

That's why I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry.

OKAY. First, the classes are L. gunslinger and phrotean alchemist.
I'm looking at creating a construct that will help me either in ability tests or that can create items.
The top 3 would be; Trompe l'Oeil, Waxwork Creature and Homunculi.
The first two would let me choose from the NPCs.
Could I create any of these?

Yas392
2024-02-23, 05:30 AM
Here is the sheet (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882232) for Kara, Mesmerist/Fighter. Mechanics are done, started on fluff.

Arael666
2024-02-23, 08:50 AM
Devarin Sands (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhjVRg18lfYQAyH_rJBISACOM7xQeKsPi1g6mPqxkFs/edit?usp=sharing), Psion(Egoist)//Vitalist, Basically a Psychic Cleric, pumping healing and buffs through his Collective

Still a work in progress.

You have 3 Magic Traits, the only way to have multiple of a trait type is by taking the Exemplar trait for the type, which itself takes up two traits. The magic one is Curator of Mystic Secrets (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/exemplar-traits/curator-of-mystic-secrets/). Sorry.

That's an interesting bit of information I didn't know, so I'll remind everyone again that I'm quite new to pathfinder so you might want to double check your sheets for things like that. On that note, the "master of metafocus" trait, is not from DSP material, so it's not pre approved

Okay, one more question. You're setting the game in Faerun, right?

Do you have a particular year in mind, or are we not cleaving that close to canon? I'm mostly curious about who's currently running Aglarond (there's a nonzero chance my character is here trying to recruit one of the Seven Sisters to come fill the Simbul's shoes-- futile, I know, but no need to tell the PC that).

Oh Right, we'll be playing pre spellplague, sometime arround the end of 1372 and the begining of 1373. So while important events will be cannon, I'll try to avoid a "sandbox campaign", since I don't think I can create many opportunities for social interaction in a typical dungeoncrawl. Unless the group wishes for that of course.

That's why I shouldn't post when I'm in a hurry.

OKAY. First, the classes are L. gunslinger and phrotean alchemist.
I'm looking at creating a construct that will help me either in ability tests or that can create items.
The top 3 would be; Trompe l'Oeil, Waxwork Creature and Homunculi.
The first two would let me choose from the NPCs.
Could I create any of these?

Oh, I get it. From a quick search, only waxwork creatures dont list a cost and prereqs, so you can craft a Trompe or a Homunculi if you meet the requirements

Benoojian
2024-02-23, 11:49 AM
That's an interesting bit of information I didn't know, so I'll remind everyone again that I'm quite new to pathfinder so you might want to double check your sheets for things like that. On that note, the "master of metafocus" trait, is not from DSP material, so it's not pre approved

You are right, that’s my bad. I’ll double check the sources on my powers as well. Officially requesting Master of Metafocus, but more than willing to change it if not. It’s a nice bonus but not essential.
Campaign traits are also supposed to be individually approved or designed by the DM since they tend to be a little stronger than other traits. Something that isn’t apparent in the trait rules on the wiki.
Also of note is that I’m using the most recent DSP version of the Shared Power (http://https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Shared_Power) feat from Ultimate Psionics , I think PFSRD still has the old version that does a ray instead of close range or Network. The Ultimate Psionics version is the most recent though.

Talivan
2024-02-23, 12:18 PM
Thank you to point it out, I already fix traits, needed to increase caster level and Metamagic cost reduction at the same time, but I find the way for it, so now my build is feasible

Debatra
2024-02-23, 02:14 PM
It's just occurred to me I never posted a WIP sheet.

Mali Seracen (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2880742), not 100% ready to go, but mostly there.

Talivan
2024-02-23, 05:19 PM
Table for the sake of this campaign:

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Janny Sparkdust (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880628)
Human
Swashbuckler (Musketeer) 1 / Alchemist(Gun Chemist) 4
Wizard (Spellslinger) 1 / Magus (Eldritch Archer) 4
WIP (creating excel sheet)

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

Cassus
2024-02-23, 05:34 PM
Oh, we post WIP sheets? Alright, can do. I'll see your sheet and raise you a table! And also my sheet. Been putting this off; character names are hard.

Everyone please copy and update/correct this, then repost it when you change it so that the newest version stays near the end of the thread.

Player
Character
Race
Track 1:Classes/PRC
Track 2:Classes/PRC
Status

Cassus
Kyras (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TILTBM5h5xsTZhAKkRTjxVNnpQlsMBOxrxVQVYduddk/edit?usp=sharing)
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)
90% done (backstory isn't in complete sentences)

Debatra
Mali Seracen (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2880742)
Changeling
Unchained Rogue
Psychic Sorcerer/Arcane Trickster
not 100% ready to go, but mostly there

Talivan
Jenny Sparkdust (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880628)
Human
Wizard/Magus
Alchemist/Swashbuckler
Partial

Infernally Clay
Leif Fyrisdotter (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25965389&postcount=47)
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

DammitVictor
2024-02-23, 05:57 PM
I cannot even with BBcode tables. I'm Dammit Victor, my character is named Thirteen (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1znHmv7vvSPJel_F4YtGy_xZNXy95aR-CCXnEdD4M77U/edit?usp=sharing), and it is approximately a Cutthroat Soulknife|Psion.

I need to pick my psionic powers and calculate my hit points and power points.

Benoojian
2024-02-23, 06:01 PM
Player
Character
Race
Track 1:Classes/PRC
Track 2:Classes/PRC
Status

Cassus
Kyras (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TILTBM5h5xsTZhAKkRTjxVNnpQlsMBOxrxVQVYduddk/edit?usp=sharing)
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Talivan
Jenny Sparkdust (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880628)
Human
Wizard/Magus
Alchemist/Swashbuckler
Partial

Infernally Clay
Leif Fyrisdotter (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25965389&postcount=47)
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Devarin Sands (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhjVRg18lfYQAyH_rJBISACOM7xQeKsPi1g6mPqxkFs/edit?usp=sharing)
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Thirteen (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1znHmv7vvSPJel_F4YtGy_xZNXy95aR-CCXnEdD4M77U/edit)
Forgeborn
Unchained Rogue/Armored Blade Cutthroat Soulknife
Dual Disciple Psion(Nomad/Kineticist)
need to pick my psionic powers and calculate my hit points and power points

-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-

DammitVictor
2024-02-23, 08:11 PM
Thank you. :)

Cassus
2024-02-23, 10:57 PM
Unrelated question: is there a deadline for submissions at this point?

Athaleon
2024-02-24, 01:07 AM
I should be able to finish the character in the next few days. Most Akashic material is not by DSP, as it turns out, so I've had to go back and remove a bunch of stuff.

droobles
2024-02-24, 05:55 PM
So only akashic DSP stuff is allowed?

Yas392
2024-02-24, 07:30 PM
Adding my sheet to the table.

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Devarin Sands (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhjVRg18lfYQAyH_rJBISACOM7xQeKsPi1g6mPqxkFs/edit?usp=sharing)
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Thirteen (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1znHmv7vvSPJel_F4YtGy_xZNXy95aR-CCXnEdD4M77U/edit)
Forgeborn

Yas392
Kara (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882232)
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

rypt
2024-02-25, 01:04 AM
Is it too late to express interest here?

Shiro_Nogard
2024-02-27, 01:43 AM
Re:Adding my sheet to the table.

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Devon McLane (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880963)
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist
10% Complete. Adding things to backstory.

[/QUOTE]

Triskavanski
2024-02-27, 02:17 AM
From that list, I'm wanting to do the Usagi race.

Talivan
2024-02-27, 12:30 PM
DM Said don't go crazy with multiclass, but I found myself in the necessity of adding one more class for the sake of the build, it's essential to make my PC fuctional, Musket Master covers what Musketeer does, Also changing to Excel sheet:

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Janny Sparkdust (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uhReYztO-ZTHvXWwfUFMBejhRGsZ_kDtuG5te_8dcko/edit?usp=sharing)
Human
Gunslinger (Musket Master) 3 / Alchemist (Gun Chemist) 2

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist

Triskavanski
2024-02-27, 01:39 PM
The character stuff here for Puck.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1027404695981007018/1027405081655648286/1566957383.pastelcore_alchemystudiosink.png?ex=65e 9248b&is=65d6af8b&hm=bde3dceb88b49135b7a2b146bc8c8357731e3380a052345 ef6ff34d5c15d40ed&

Puck
Male usagi fighter (mutation warrior) 5/monk (drunken master) 5/gestalt 5 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 93, Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 110)
LN Small humanoid (ratfolk)
Init +5; Senses Perception +13
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 19, flat-footed 15 (+3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 monk, +1 size, +3 Wis)
hp 44 (5d10+10)
Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +9 (+1 vs. fear); +2 Trait bonus vs. mind-affecting effects for 1 hour after drinking alcohol
Defensive Abilities evasion; Resist fortified drinker
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 50 ft.; jumper
Melee unarmed strike +10 (1d6+3) or
. . unarmed strike flurry of blows +13/+13/+8 (1d6+3)
Special Attacks flurry of blows, stunning fist (1/day, DC 15), weapon training (monk +1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +9 (+11 grapple); CMD 24 (26 vs. grapple)
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Courage In A Bottle, Cut From The Air, Deadly Aim, Dirty Fighting, Dodge, Hook Fighter, Power Attack, Pummeling Style[ACG], Run, Stunning Fist, Unarmed Combatant, Wings Of The Androsphinx
Traits awakened from stasis (apostae), fortified drinker
Skills Acrobatics +13 (+17 to jump with a running start, +26 to jump), Climb +7, Craft (alchemy) +9, Escape Artist +11, Perception +13, Perform (dance) +8, Sense Motive +11, Stealth +15, Survival +7, Swim +7
Languages Common, Dwarven, Sylvan
SQ drunken ki, fast movement, finesse weapon attack attribute, high jump, ki pool (5 points, magic), maneuver training, mutagen (+4/-2, +2 natural armor, 50 minutes), slow fall 20 ft.
Other Gear cloak of resistance +1, handy haversack, ring of resistance +1, tengu drinking jug[ARG], boulderhead bock, holy symbol with flask of Caiden[UE], longbeard lambic, 4,945 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Agile Maneuvers Use DEX instead of STR for CMB
Combat Expertise +/-2 Bonus to AC in exchange for an equal penalty to attack.
Combat Reflexes (4 AoO/round) Can make extra attacks of opportunity/rd, and even when flat-footed.
Courage in a Bottle +2 to bonus from Bravery when intoxicated.
Cut from the Air AoO: Stop ranged attacks against you or an adjacent target
Deadly Aim -2/+4 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
Dirty Fighting Forgo flanking bonus to make combat maneuver not provoke attack of op.
Drunken Ki (Su) Drunken Ki pool allows the use of Ki powers.
Evasion (Ex) If succeed on Reflex save for half dam, take none instead.
Fast Movement (+10 ft.) The Monk adds 10 or more feet to his base speed.
Finesse Weapon Attack Attribute Finesse weapons use Dexterity on attack rolls.
Flurry of Blows +8/+8/+3 (Ex) As full-rd action, higher BAB and combo unarmed/monk wep as if two-weapon fighting.
High Jump (+5/+25 with ki point) (Ex) +5 to Acrobatics checks made to jump.
Hook Fighter Treat grappling hook as a heavy pick with disarm and trip specials.
Jumper (Ex) You always are considered to have a running start when jumping.
Ki Pool (5/day) (Su) You have a ki pool equal to 1/2 your monk level + your Wisdom modifier.
Maneuver Training (Ex) CMB = other BABs + Monk level
Mutagen (DC 13) (Su) Mutagen adds +4/-2 to physical/mental attributes, and +2 nat. armor for 50 minutes.
Power Attack -2/+4 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Pummeling Style Total damage from all unarmed attacks before appplying DR.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Slow Fall 20 ft. (Ex) Treat a fall as shorter than normal if within arm's reach of a wall.
Stunning Fist (1/day, DC 15) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
Unarmed Combatant Always considered armed, no attack of opportunity on grapple attempts.
Weapon Training (Monk) +1 (Ex) +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, CMD with Monk weapons
Wings of the Androsphinx +2 AC and as immediate action, reposition vs. charging foe. Free action to resolve before atk if readied.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Arael666
2024-02-27, 06:04 PM
Unrelated question: is there a deadline for submissions at this point?

Yes. The deadline is the first of march, I'll make the selection in the following weekend. @Debatra could add that to the tittle?

So only akashic DSP stuff is allowed?

akasha and path of war from DSP is pre-approved material, everything else is in a case by case. From what little I've seem listed in the library (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Library_of_Metzofitz) I believe it'll be hard for me to approve something listed there. It's either something levels above the average power from 1st party and DSP or it's stuff heavily inspired by anime, which I don't like mixing with D&D.

Is it too late to express interest here?

No, I will acccept any submission made till the deadline.

From that list, I'm wanting to do the Usagi race.

You can use the race. But as I've said before, I don't like mixing anime with D&D. It's not that anything asian is banned, I just ask that you go for something more like Oriental Adventures (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/23426/Oriental-Adventures-3e) instead of something like this (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Henshin_Hero).

Benoojian
2024-02-27, 06:52 PM
Y
akasha and path of war from DSP is pre-approved material, everything else is in a case by case. From what little I've seem listed in the library (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Library_of_Metzofitz) I believe it'll be hard for me to approve something listed there. It's either something levels above the average power from 1st party and DSP or it's stuff heavily inspired by anime, which I don't like mixing with D&D.

Did you make a decision on Master of Metafocus (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Master_of_Metafocus) Exemplar trait?

Arael666
2024-02-27, 07:07 PM
Did you make a decision on Master of Metafocus (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Master_of_Metafocus) Exemplar trait?

Yes, you can use it, but we'll limit the use to 3 times per day max, since I'm giving extra traits

Triskavanski
2024-02-27, 08:18 PM
You can use the race. But as I've said before, I don't like mixing anime with D&D. It's not that anything asian is banned, I just ask that you go for something more like Oriental Adventures (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/23426/Oriental-Adventures-3e) instead of something like this (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Henshin_Hero).

I've posted what I have. Since I'm not using anything from path of war, there aren't any really super special named attacks. Just Drunken Monk + Fighter. I'd have the divine fighting style of Caiden but alas, I have to remake lawful for monk.

rypt
2024-02-27, 11:43 PM
No, I will acccept any submission made till the deadline.
Excellent! I will try and put together my half-elf knight-errant of Silverymoon before then. Currently looking at Knight Disciple Paladin (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Knight_Disciple) 5 // Warlord (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Warlord) 5 (heading for Landsknecht (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Landsknecht) on the Paladin side).

Re'ozul
2024-02-28, 08:20 AM
Will build something tomorrow probably.

What are the thoughts (because 3rd party) on the Legendary kineticist? (1st party one is okay, but legendary one is more fun)

Likely paired with unchained rogue (phantom thief)

Stealthy/stealy Mime goblin. (can talk, but has fun not to)

Debatra
2024-02-28, 11:31 AM
I'm basically done aside from the backstory.

Cassus
2024-02-28, 02:57 PM
Updating my status to complete (finally have the backstory as something) and adding the newest applicant!

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Janny Sparkdust (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uhReYztO-ZTHvXWwfUFMBejhRGsZ_kDtuG5te_8dcko/edit?usp=sharing)
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)
100% complete

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn
I'm set now

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist

Triskavanski
Puck (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25971801&postcount=98)
Usagi
fighter (mutation warrior)
monk (drunken master)
Complete?

DammitVictor
2024-02-28, 05:08 PM
I'm set now.

Triskavanski
2024-02-29, 11:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HyRPdU0.png

Puck
Drunken Monk Rabbit (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=1957648)
Drunken monk | Mutagen Fighter

The usagi Puck, wasn't trained in any official capacity. He started off one day, a bit sloshed, and getting mugged. It wasn't until the next day that he was sober that he realized what he did and just how dangerous it was being unarmed against people who had a knife. He never got totally black out drunk, but he was always a bit more brave than he was normally. Slowly he learned how to harness his own combat potential, after losing a few weapons, he decided it was best to be unarmed.

Updating the table with the mythweaver's sheet for Puck. I'd be CG so I could use the drunken god style, but alas drunken master isn't chaotic.
I Could also instead give the Barbarian | Kineticist Ulfen man instead.

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)
100% complete

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn
I'm set now

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist

Triskavanski
Puck (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=1957648)
Usagi
monk (drunken master)
Complete

rypt
2024-03-01, 02:25 AM
The forums are really struggling right now. Adding Elivyr Nelneira (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2884401) to the table while I still can. Ended up going with Warder instead of Knight Disciple. I have a little bit of gold left to spend, but otherwise good to go.

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)
100% complete

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn
I'm set now

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist

Triskavanski
Usagi
monk (drunken master)
Complete

rypt
Elivyr Nelneira (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2884401)
Half-elf
Warder
Warlord
Complete enough

Athaleon
2024-03-01, 03:28 AM
Adding my character at the eleventh hour. If the Butchering Axe shenanigans are too much, I can always tone it down.

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)
100% complete

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn
I'm set now

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist

Triskavanski
Usagi
monk (drunken master)
Complete

rypt
Half-elf
Warder
Warlord
Complete enough

Athaleon
Krosus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2883357)
Half-Orc
Rajah
Daevic
Complete

rypt
2024-03-01, 08:06 AM
Adding my character at the eleventh hour. If the Butchering Axe shenanigans are too much, I can always tone it down.
I think you forgot to paste your own link.

Athaleon
2024-03-01, 12:02 PM
I think you forgot to paste your own link.

Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed now.

Arael666
2024-03-02, 07:53 AM
I've posted what I have. Since I'm not using anything from path of war, there aren't any really super special named attacks. Just Drunken Monk + Fighter. I'd have the divine fighting style of Caiden but alas, I have to remake lawful for monk.

I meant that not only regarding to the build, but also while interpreting your character, even though I listed a book and a class as examples so I understando your confusion.

Will build something tomorrow probably.

What are the thoughts (because 3rd party) on the Legendary kineticist? (1st party one is okay, but legendary one is more fun)

Likely paired with unchained rogue (phantom thief)

Stealthy/stealy Mime goblin. (can talk, but has fun not to)

Sorry about the delay, the last few days have been rough with ammount of work and the forum being inconsistent was not helping.

From what I can see, the LK seems to have more options regarding the use of utility talents and battle burns seems to allow him to use his talents more often, so an increase in utility and power level overall. Since Kineticist is mostly focused in blasting, I don't think it will do much hard allowing the class, so you can use it, but if things get out of hand I'd like for you to be open for some changes.

Also, since I'm just responding to this now I'll accept your sheet if you can post it today. Again, sorry for the last few days of absense, but I need to keep the dealine I set myself.

I'll make the selection tomorrow, and since I'm opening this exception, anyone who has already submited a character can go over it again and make changes (things like itens can be altered after the selection is made, since the players will have more information regarding the campaign).

Athaleon
2024-03-02, 03:33 PM
I'll make the selection tomorrow, and since I'm opening this exception, anyone who has already submited a character can go over it again and make changes (things like itens can be altered after the selection is made, since the players will have more information regarding the campaign).

On that note, I slightly rebuilt Krosus to remove the aforementioned Butchering Axe shenanigans, and shored up his defensive and team-supporting abilities instead. He should still be credibly hard-hitting and disruptive in melee.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-03, 12:32 AM
Finished sheet. Just need to add magic items.

Drake Dulan.-
He doesn't have many memories of his early years. As a child he was used as cannon fodder to detonate traps in caves. He was rescued by Melida Dulan, one of the sacred prostitutes of the Calistria temple. Melida Dulan was neither good nor bad to her, but that's why he became attached to her, to the point that she decided to adopt him. It was a very interesting story for many of the Tempo since he was a tiefling and she was an aasimar.
As time passed, he began to accept jobs assigned to him by the temple and began to gain a reputation among the members. After all, he couldn't just let her, being a high authority, have a 'son' who didn't excel at something like her; That's why I started working to support the different missions. He thought life would just go on, but it didn't.
At a job where he did not accompany her, she simply disappeared. The only clue they left them was that they sent their clothes to the temple. This affected him hard; But since he prepared him from a young age for what could happen, he decided to move on with her life and hunt down the revenge targets she worked for. To do so, using some hair from her room, he modified a homunculus of hers so that he looked very similar to her. Thus, 'she' would continue hunting with his help. If they ever encountered someone who knew something, encountering a face they had dealt with before only to see it back on its feet, hunting them would make them careless. After all, the villains are all cowards at heart.

just need a little more time tomorrow to finish.

Player
Character
Race
Side 1
Side 2
Status

Talivan
Human

Cassus
Half-Elf
Harbinger (Ravenlord)
Magus (Kensai)
100% complete

Debatra
Changeling
Unchained Rogue

Infernally Clay
Human
Unchained Monk
Druid
By and large done

Benoojian
Human
Psion(Egoist)
Vitalist
WIP

DammitVictor
Forgeborn
I'm set now

Yas392
Half-Orc
Mesmerist
Fighter
100% Complete

Shiro_Nogard
Drake Dulan (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2880963)
Tielfing
L. Gunslinger
Alchemist
100% Complete. Just need to add items.

Triskavanski
Usagi
monk (drunken master)
Complete

rypt
Half-elf
Warder
Warlord
Complete enough

Athaleon
Krosus (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2883357)
Half-Orc
Rajah
Daevic
Complete

Toptomcat
2024-03-03, 02:49 AM
Allesandro Daroni, CG human Alchemist (Fire Bomber) 5 | Warder (Hawkguard) 5

Strength: 10 +0
Dexterity: 14 +2
Constitution: 14 +2
Intelligence: 18 +4 (+1 level)
Wisdom: 12 +1
Charisma: 10 +0

BAB: +5

CMB: +7 (+5 BAB, +2 Dex)
CMD: 17 (10 +5 BAB, +0 Str, +2 Dex)

Fort: +4 base, +2 Con, +1 resistance, +7 total (+4 vs. poison)
Ref: +4 base, +4 Int [Tactical Acumen], +1 resistance, +9 total
Will: +4 base, +1 Will, +1 resistance, +6 total

AC: 19 (10 base, +5 armor, +2 Dex, +2 shield)
Flat-footed: 17
Touch: 12

HP: 50 (5d12+10+5)

Initiative: +4 (+4 Dex, Tactical Acumen)

Attacks:
Alchemist's fire/acid combo via Hybridization Funnel: +8 ranged touch, 1d6+4 fire and 1d6 acid and DC 15 Ref save or catch on fire, 20/x2 crit, range increment 10'

Skills:
Craft (alchemy) 5 ranks
Disable Device 5 ranks
Heal 5 ranks
Knowledge (religion, planes) 5 ranks
Knowledge (arcana, nature) 2 ranks
Knowledge (martial) 1 rank
Use Magic Device 5 ranks
Bluff 5 ranks
Acrobatics 5 ranks
Intimidate 5 ranks
Sense Motive 5 ranks

Feats:
Martial Mastery, Weapon Finesse, Agile Maneuvers, Power Attack, Deadly Aim (1st-level EITR bonus)
Simple Weapon Proficiency (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
Weapon Proficiency (Bomb) (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
Weapon Proficiency (Light Blades) (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
Light Armor Proficiency (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
Medium Armor Proficiency (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
Buckler Proficiency (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
Racial Heritage (Goblin) (1st-level)
Racial Heritage (Half-Orc) (1st-level human bonus)
Precise Shot (1st-level Hawkguard Warder bonus)
Brew Potion (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
Throw Anything (1st-level Alchemist bonus)
Combat Reflexes (Int-based) (1st-level Warder bonus)
Extra Discovery (3rd-level)
Tap Animus (3rd-level Warder bonus)
Elemental Flux Style (5th-level)

Traits:
Firebug
Focused Burn
Unorthodox Method (Broken Blade for Elemental Flux)

Class features:
Alchemy/Swift Alchemy (Gain a competence bonus = Alchemist class level to create alchemical items, craft at double speed. Identify potions with Craft (alchemy). Also, a pseudocasting mechanic. 5th-level alchemist extracts: CL 5, Int-based)

Extracts known:
1st: Ant Haul, Crafter's Fortune, Bomber's Eye, Disguise Self, Identify, Monkey Fish, Cure Light Wounds, Keen Senses
2nd: Invisibility, Blood Transcription

Extracts prepared:
1st: 5 (Typically Crafter's Fortune, Bomber's Eye, CLW x2, Monkey Fish)
2nd: 3 (Typically Invisibility 2x, Blood Transcription)

Bomb/Fire Bombardier (9/day as a standard action, create and throw a splash-weapon bomb dealing 3d6+10 fire damage to a directly struck target and 13 to everyone within 5' as a standard action, with a Reflex save DC 16 (Int-based) to halve damage for those in the splash zone.
Any three squares can be exempted from the splash area, and any adjacent square can be *added*.
Alternately, Scrap Bomb deals 3d6+3 peircing and 3 bleed to a directly struck target and 6 peircing to everyone in the splash zone [Ref DC 16 half].

Alternately, Fiery Cocktail Scrap Bomb deals 1d6+3 peircing and 2d6+7 fire and 3 bleed to a directly struck target and 4 peircing, 9 fire to everyone in the splash zone [Ref DC 16 half]

Alternately, I'm pretty sure Scrap Bomb+Immolation Bomb+Fiery Cocktail deals 1d6+10 fire for 3 rounds and 3 bleed to a directly struck target and 10 fire to everyone in the splash zone for 3 rounds [Ref DC 16 half], a full-round action permitting a DC 15 Reflex save to extinguish it. (Scrap Bomb lacks the 'incompatible with other bomb types' asterisk that it maybe should have. If a fairly reasonable ruling is made, remove the bleed.)

Mutagen (Take 1 hour to brew a dose of hyped-up super-coffee: upon imbibing it, gain +2 to natural armor, +4 alchemical to Dexterity, and -2 alchemical to Intelligence for 50 minutes. A non-alchemist who drinks it must make a Fort save DC 16 or become nauseated for 1 hour, and can never benefit from it.

Throw Anything (Int to damage on fire-damage splash weapons)

Alchemist Discoveries:
2nd: Precise Bomb
3rd bonus: Immolation Bomb

Poison Resistance (+4 to saves vs. poison)

Poison Use

Fiery Cocktail (Bomb types that don't deal fire damage may deal half fire and half non-fire damage: this permits the damage from Fire Bombardier to apply in full)

5th-level Warder maneuvers (IL 5, save DC 13 + maneuver level)
Maneuvers known:
1st: Fluctuation Movement, Eldritch Shield, Steady Hand, Encouraging Roar, Pride Movement
2nd: Eldritch Fang, Intercepting Shade
3rd: Phantom Wind Shot

Maneuvers readied: 5 (Typically Phantom Wind Shot, Eldritch Fang, Intercepting Shade, Fluctuation Movement, Encouraging Roar)
May change readied maneuvers with 10 minutes of concentration
May take a full-round action to recover 3 expended maneuvers, gaining the ability to threaten within 20' with a thrown weapon for that one full round and adding +8 to my CMD vs. opponents who try to tumble through my threatened area.
May take a standard action to recover 1 maneuver

Stances known:
1st: Pride Leader's Stance, Stance of the Defending Shell
3rd: Elemental Flux Stance

Aegis: Allies who can see and hear me within 10' of my position gain +2 morale to AC and Will saves: I don't get the bonus

Armiger's Mark: 5/day, after attacking a foe and dealing damage, 'mark' them as a free action: for 3 rounds, they take -4 to attack rolls against targets who aren't me and arcane spellcasters get 12% spell failure.

Tactical Acumen: Int to Reflex saves and Init instead of Dex

Archer Training: No buckler penalty for attacking with thrown weapons, don't lose shield bonus to AC even when attacking with a thrown weapon with an arm holding a buckler

Close Combat Archery: No AoOs when using thrown weapons when threatened in melee

Defending the Sky: 1/day, Intercepting Shade works on every eligable attack for 1 round without needing extra immediate actions

Racial traits:
Medium humanoid (human), base speed 30'
Bonus feat
Impostor-Wary: full ranks in Sense Motive, +2 to saves vs. illusion
Favored Class A: Alchemist (Half-Orc: +2.5 bomb damage)
Favored Class B: Warder (+5 HP)

Equipment:
5,905/10,500 gp spent [will spend the rest if selected]

Chain Shirt +1 (1,250 gp, 25 lb)
Buckler +1 (1,155 gp, 5 lb)
Muleback Cords of Resistance +1 (2,500 gp, 1 lb)

Alchemist's lab (200 gp, 40 lb)

Hybridization Funnel (200 gp)
20x flask Alchemist's Fire (400 gp)
20x flask acid (200 gp)

FLUFF
The reaction was touchy enough that the ingredients were measured out on a set of scales so small that the fulcrum was no longer than a man's finger, stirred with a glass toothpick and mixed in a watchglass: nonetheless, the man seemed to have enough spare attention to chat breezily as he worked.

"I am, of course, an inventor first and foremost. But I am a man of many interests, not some blinkered monomaniac. Allow me to bend your ear on a subject near and dear to my heart: theology."

Its contents measured and double-checked, a delicate set of tongs lifted the watchglass and deftly emptied its contents into a larger crucible.

"Mystra is the goddess of magic. Her followers shepard the Art itself, overseeing programs of research into its furthest limits and championing its use throughout Faerun."

From a neatly labeled box, the man withdrew strange three jewels, each scarcely larger than a grain of sand, and watched attentively as each fizzed and dissolved into the mixture.
"Bane is the god of hatred, tyranny and fear. His followers work tirelessly to ensure Bane's domination over the world and ensure that all will fear and obey him.

Tyr is the god of law and justice. Wherever there is a wrongdoer to be punished, wherever there is corruption to be fought, Tyr's followers will go to the ends of the earth to do it."

Satisfied with the hue and consistency of its contents, the man gave the vessel a final, appraising look, then lifted a heavily constructed, screw-threaded lid into place and began the laborious process of securing it and ensuring the seal was tight. The watching gnome blinked owlishly through his thick spectacles, and the fellow grinned saucily as he continued:

"Gond Wonderbringer is the god of craft, of smithwork, of invention. His followers keep all the good stuff on an island in the middle of nowhere.

You don't have to be a genius to see that something doesn't add up with [i]that.""

The hulking man of brass and wood who accompanied the gnomish priest subtly shifted from a posture of relaxed attention to more of a looming one. The gnome himself made a face as if he'd bitten into a lemon, sputtering-

"I- that is-you misunderstand. Our order is charged with-"

"-No. The answer is no. I'm pleased- and flattered, honestly- that the Gondar believe me worthy of attention. I'm happy to discuss my methods with fellow men of science. But I'm not going to your High Holy Crafthouse of Inspiration. I doubt I'd ever see the light of day again.

You want examples of my work to take back with you and study? Commission me like anyone else and I'll be happy to sell. You want to keep your edge, your little monopoly? Invent something else that's too brilliant for me to duplicate. I didn't steal your books or torture your secrets out of some poor loyal techsmith- I put long years of ingenuity and sweat and study into figuring them out myself. Great minds think alike, after all.

You want me to just stop on your say-so? The door is to your left. Good day."

The gnome huffed.

"A- a great mind? Your best trick is our closely-guarded temple secret, and I'm not convinced you aren't deliberately misleading me with this...display. You're barely heating the cruciible at all."

"...heat and pressure do the trick more quickly and completely than heat alone, but if I overdo it the pressure vessel will burst. It's taken me a lot of trial and error and a few seriously hair-raising accidents to get the process down to forty minutes-"

"-Forty minutes? To calcine drakebone? Young man, that is a bad joke! The fastest I've ever seen or heard of is three hours, in a roaring forge the size of a small house. I have seen quite enough: on suspicion of theft of the high mysteries of the Wonderbringer, you are under arr-"

The hulking Gondsman lurched forward- then, with the swift flick of Allesandro's wrist, erupted into an inferno, stumbled and collapsed, burning merrily.

"- you upjumped pyromaniac, I'll see you hang for-"

Allesandro smiled. It was not a nice smile.

"Leave. Or I'll see you burn for it. Last warning."

Four important things about the character:
1. He hits many of the hallmarks of the classic mad-scientist archetype- brilliant, egotistical, somewhat amoral, profoundly ahead of his time in a field that makes many queasy to even think about (explosives and incindiaries), intermittently intense and charismatic in a manic way but tending to understand things more than people.

2. In the recent past, gunpowder functioned perfectly well on Toril, and Allesandro was one of the few on continental Faerun actively expirimenting with it, producing bombs and extremely primitive firearms. When Gond and Mystra agreed to use powerful magics to render it inert across the world, he was very confused- and outright irate when the Gondar then started to produce and use a magical equivilent that they viewed as a closely-guarded secret. He doesn't know that that's what happened, but he suspects, due to the timing and how tight-lipped Gond's followers have been about it when asked.

It took him a quarter-century of obsessive effort to independently crack the production of a smokepowder equivilent, substituting reagents derived from the bones, tissues and bodily fluids of creatures with strong ties to elemental fire for the divine magic of Gond's followers. The Gondar don't believe him, and take exception to Allesandro nicking the 'temple secret' of creating smokepowder.

3. Once a dedicated follower of Gond, Allesandro's poor relations with the church have led him to reconsider his choice of patron deity. He vascillates between paying homage to the dwarven deity Dugmaren Brightmantle, the Errant Explorer and Wandering Tinker- patron of free thinkers- and being a Gondian reformist/heretic.

4. What makes Allesandro an adventurer rather than a researcher is a desire for recognition and excitement. It's not enough to him to tinker in isolation and learn for its own sake- the rush he gets out of proving the strength of his creations firsthand and basking in the adulation of those he helps is what does it for him.

Goals for the character:
1. Establish a relationship with another PC wherein they serve as my moderating influence, voice of reason/sanity, and my straight man in a comedic double act.
2. Lean into and have fun with mad-scientist tropes as much as possible.

Two secrets about the character, one he knows and one he doesn't:
1. He was born Alexander Russo, a name which he conciously left behind as an unwelcome reminder of his origins in obscurity in a dirt-poor rural village in Cormyr. 'Allesandro Daroni' is an adventuring pseudonym which pays homage to Nadul DaRoni, famed Renaissance gnome, artist, innovator in optics and creator of steam automata.

2. He assumes that the Gondian process for manufacturing smokepowder is genuinely identical to his. If he discovers that he's actually created something genuinely novel, it will go to his head somewhat and he'll be somewhat insufferable about it- which will have consequences. If the Gondar find out, it could elevate him from 'irritant' to 'Problem', and of course there are innumerable others who might be interested in a means to make a destructive, unpredictable weapon.

Three people tied to my character- two friendly, one hostile:
1. Lisse Brandybuck, halfling alchemist and town doctor of a sleepy fishing village on the border of Sembia and Cormyr. Allesandro's parents drifted apart shortly after his birth due to the May/December romance issues that plague many human-elven couples: they apprenticed their bright child to Lisse at the age of fourteen, and for much of his later childhood, she was effectively parent and master both.

A serene, pacifistic homebody who wants little more from life but to ensure that those around her live as healthily and happily as possible, at first glance it seems that she could hardly be more different from her mercurial, ambitious adrenaline addict of an apprentice. But the same endless curiosity about the natural sciences, stubbornly methodical ways to investiate the world, keen observational skills, and deep knowlege of the field of alchemy that he applies to blowing things up are strengths that she applies to medicine, strengths that he learned by her side.

This inevitably causes some personality clashes, but less than you'd think: by and large, they've made peace with their differances.

2. Perianwyr, a two-century-old female steel dragon who runs Castle Ward Outfitters and Sundries, an import/export business in Silverymoon. Allesandro repeatedly made inquiries and special orders in the course of his long research binge to discover why gunpowder had stopped working and how to reproduce smokepowder. Eventually, questions like "Why do you want forty pounds of lye, a graduated cylinder made of glassteel, and as many salamander eggs as I can get?" were asked, and the answers to those questions proved sufficiently interesting that they began regularly discussing magic and alchemy. These days he helps her track down interesting and exotic oddments quite as often as she helps him, and they continue to correspond even when they have no matters of busness to discuss.

She doesn't openly live as a dragon, habitually taking the form of a young elven woman: it took Allesandro some time to realize what she really was, but you can only be introduced to so many other Waterdhavian steel dragons and half-dragons before it clicks.

3. Elberic Lamstrand, Seeker of the Fourth Order. While this office is technically part of the heirarchy of the Church of Gond, Eberic is more a Lantanese government official than a proper priest and more an arms dealer than either of the other two, having direct responsibility for nearly a third of the export market for Lantanese smokepowder weapons.

He has never met Allesandro face-to-face, but has nonetheless been indirectly responsible for a fair amount of pestering, legal challenges, semilegal harassment, and outright sabotage and at least one outright assasination attempt.

Three memories the character has:
1. Being called an 'upjumped pyromaniac' by the Gondite priest he met with to try to straighten things out when the accusation of having stolen the temple secret of smokepowder first surfaced.

2. The look on the face of a dying man as his pain was eased by the first medicine he prepared entirely on his own in his apprenticeship under Lisse Brandybuck- and the expression of pride on his master's.

3. The instant of panic- followed almost immediately by glee and enthusiasm to repeat the experience- he felt the first time an expiriment in synthesizing something flammable succeeded far beyond his expectations and nearly destroyed his workspace with a beautiful, bright orange flame.

Arael666
2024-03-03, 09:27 PM
Hello Everyone

The selected players for this game are:

Debatra - Mali Seracen
Cassus - Kyras
Athaleon - Krosus
Benoojian - Devarin Sands

If we end up losing someone along the way, I would like to call rypt - Elivyr Nelneira to fill that role, is that ok with you?

Casssus, could you PM me and the rest of the group when the discord server is ready? I should be posting more details by the end of the week

rypt
2024-03-03, 11:50 PM
If we end up losing someone along the way, I would like to call rypt - Elivyr Nelneira to fill that role, is that ok with you?

Sure, you know where to find me.

Have fun, folks.

Kaworu
2024-03-21, 06:10 PM
Hi ;-)

I think I am interested in this game - you are still recruiting, right? What kinda character do you need? ;-)

Jack_Simth
2024-03-22, 06:26 AM
Hi ;-)

I think I am interested in this game - you are still recruiting, right? What kinda character do you need? ;-)

It looks like Selection has passed (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25974218&postcount=117), and it's still flagged "Recruiting" simply because Debatra has yet to update the first post.