PDA

View Full Version : Filled WW/Mafia Fallout 3: Forecast - Rapidly Changing Conditions

flat_footed
2024-02-03, 08:18 PM
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/718664499222235063/A5126A1A4F565321746706D64FF7225BDF3CD598/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Success depends on forethought, dispassionate calculation
of probabilities, accounting for every stray variable.

As the Republic grew, so did its needs. Scouts spread east, seeking territory and wealth, in the dry and merciless expanse of the Mojave Desert. They returned with tales of a city untouched by the warheads that had scorched the rest of the world and a great wall spanning the Colorado River. The NCR mobilized its army and set it east to occupy the Hoover Dam and restore it to working condition. But across the Colorado, another society had arisen under a different flag. A vast army of slaves, forged in the conquest of 86 tribes: Caesar's Legion. Four years have passed since the Republic held the Dam, just barely, against the Legion's onslaught. The Legion did not retreat. Across the River, they gathered strength. Campfires burned, training drums beat. Through it all, the New Vegas Strip has stayed open for business.

This game will have Bastard elements. You have been warned, or maybe you haven't. Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.
Basic Mechanics

This is a game of Werewolf/Mafia.

Prior to the game starting, I will randomly assign roles to players. The role you receive will define your win condition and what powers you have (if any). If you are a member of the Wolf team, you will start the game in secret contact with other members, which you can use to discuss strategy without being discovered.

The game will start on a Day Phase which will last 48 hours. During any Day Phase, all players can vote for who they wish to "lynch" (remove from the game) that phase. Your vote is not set in stone once made, and you can recast your vote at any time provided that the phase has not ended. To cast your vote, please bold and color in red the name of the person you wish to vote. It doesn't have to be their forum name proper, or some official "I vote [name]", as long as it's recognizable who you're voting and the formatting has been done. If you are changing your vote, go back and cross out your old one like so. If more than one legal vote exists, the most recent of them will be considered.

Examples of acceptable voting:

flat_footed
ff
flat

At the end of the day phase, I'll tally votes. Whichever wagon has the most votes is lynched and can no longer participate in the game publicly or privately. If there was a tie between who had the most votes, whoever reached that vote total first will be the one removed from the game.

After a Day Phase ends, the game will shift to the Night Phase; all Night Phases will last 24 hours. If you possess a power that lets you target somebody during the Night Phase, this is the time to use it. During this time, the Wolf team will be able to select a player to be killed (as well as using whatever other powers they might have as well). After a Night Phase ends, the game will shift to the Day Phase once more.

This cycle will repeat until Town eliminates all the Wolves, or the Wolves can no longer be stopped from destroying the Town.

Private Communication

This game will make use of a Discord server (https://discord.gg/zuPDWbYG), which players can use to communicate power usage to the narrator, and which wolves can use to conspire together. While the game is active, players may not communicate about the game privately except through this Discord server. You aren't forbidden from talking to other players in private at all, but that discussion shouldn't be in regards to the game. All discussion of the game should take place in the game thread or the discord server.

Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours. Players can name their lynch targets by marking the name red, and cancel votes by crossing them out. If multiple votes are recorded by the same person, the latest legal vote will be counted. If there is a tie, the person who reached that vote count first will be lynched.

Each night phase will last approximately 24 hours. The Wolves will have a collective Night Kill, which will be performed by one of their number. If there is no single wolf chosen to perform this kill, one wolf will be chosen at random.

Players

Athedia
bladescape
MerelBlackbird
Illven
Lentrax
Persolus
Snowblaze
Cazero
Book Wombat
Let'sGetKraken
CaoimhinTheCape
Cuthalion
corncobweb
JeenLeen
Lady Serpentine
BatCatHat
Murska

Athedia
2024-02-03, 08:24 PM
Sure, lets do this.

Even though I know the game is rigged from the start.

bladescape
2024-02-03, 08:40 PM
/in

The house always wins.

MerelBlackbird
2024-02-03, 08:45 PM
In! Looks cool.

2024-02-03, 08:51 PM
I'm in, of course.

Illven
2024-02-03, 08:59 PM
I am in.

Can I get the princess perk?

Lentrax
2024-02-03, 09:08 PM
I’m in too.

Persolus
2024-02-03, 11:42 PM
Well howdy, i suppose y'all can count me in!

Snowblaze
2024-02-04, 02:19 AM
Will I have time for this game? Probably not.

Am I going to play anyway? Of course!

Cazero
2024-02-04, 03:40 AM
I'm in.
Let's make bank.

Book Wombat
2024-02-04, 11:10 AM
Fallout? More like Fallin... *dies of cringe*

Let'sGetKraken
2024-02-04, 01:28 PM
I'm in, for sure.

CaoimhinTheCape
2024-02-04, 03:25 PM
I'm in (and will definitely play Fallout someday)

flat_footed
2024-02-05, 07:47 PM
Discord is open for business.

https://discord.gg/zuPDWbYG

Cuthalion
2024-02-07, 01:35 PM
Sure, let's do this!

corncobweb
2024-02-07, 01:53 PM
corncobweb is entering the nuclear shelter.

JeenLeen
2024-02-08, 09:27 AM
Taking a hiatus soon, but I can fit this in before hand.

On a related note, I might be buying Sega Frontier remaster on Steam... which will lead to distraction from time. (Still got the original disc, but the idea of stats carrying over between games, thereby reducing grind, allows grown-up me to have time to play.)

Lady Serpentine
2024-02-09, 12:21 PM
This is a terrible idea when Empire just opened up, but it's a slightly less terrible idea in those conditions than the other game I got invited to, so sure, I'm in.

Batcathat
2024-02-13, 03:27 PM
As I've found that playing every other game or so is a pretty good pace for me, I was leaning towards spectating this game and playing the next but now it looks like I won't be able to play that one, so I'm in.

@flat: The Discord invite seems to have expired. Or maybe it was a trick all along? Dun-DUH.

flat_footed
2024-02-13, 04:01 PM
Or maybe it was a trick all along? Dun-DUH.

https://discord.gg/U5cMZwJ79T

Murska
2024-02-16, 07:55 AM
Oh, hadn't been around to check my PMs.

Am I late?

flat_footed
2024-02-18, 03:12 PM
Recruitment is closed, PMs to come out later today.

flat_footed
2024-02-19, 05:52 AM
Once everyone replies in their Discord, game will start, but I won't let things drag if there are a few players lagging.

flat_footed
2024-02-20, 11:07 AM
Game has begun.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664746-WW-Mafia-Fallout-3-Forecast-Rapidly-Changing-Conditions

Caedorus
2024-02-20, 11:20 AM
Argh, just got back from skiing trip.
Can I get a last-second specchat join?