PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Interest Check - The Da'mall (closed)

Zjackrum
2024-02-07, 08:22 PM
Howdy folks. I've had a craving for D&D these past few months and wanted to look at if I could get a few players (~5ish) that would be interested in restarting and running my homebrew-created world "The Da'mall." It was run on these forums quite awhile ago under the 3.5 system, but depending on player preference I'm happy to bring it forward to D&D 5.0.

The Da'mall is a predominantly urban setting between neighbouring countries currently at war - Morienn to the north, and the Kalo Empire to the south. Our group begins in the city of Corsand. Set at the mouth of a large river that provides trade and river-access to much of the western territories, Corsand sits on the border. Having recently fallen to the Kalo Empire only a few months prior, The Morienn Resistance (of which our party begins as mercenaries) is eager to infiltrate the city and sow the seeds of rebellion.

I would also like to begin by saying I am very much an amateur DM and may require help from players with my own mistakes - I'd like to think we're all working together here for a fun and interesting story, as opposed to trying to "win" a traditional game. I will fully admit my lack of knowledge with 5.0 specifics and a lack of greater knowledge of the more complex class mechanics and tricks. Although I'm a firm believer that whatever shenanigans players use, they may encounter equally powerful enemies who have the same tricks up their sleeves.

If you are interested, please post interest here, followed at some point shortly after with a character sheet with a level 3 character, 27 point buy. Originally, the only races in the realm allowed were based on the land: 80% human, 15% dwarf, 5 elf. I'm certainly open to discussing whatever races / classes you're interested in playing. I'm just sort of hoping and assuming everyone has a down-to-earth head on their real-life shoulders and can understand the fun over the want to min-max.

I don't need a life story of your character, but I would like some sort of an explanation of where they came from and how they came to be part of the Morienn Resistance. You can be an assassin if you want! We could probably use one! In fact I can almost guarantee assassinating some important Kalo Empire guy is going to be important! Although we didn't explore it much in the past, maybe this campaign gets dark real quick and you're basically a terrorist cell in the city!

Is your character an honorable soldier of Morienn who is just doing his duty? Or maybe you used to be a butcher before the Kalo Army burned down your farm and you really want to keep the prisoners alive so you can spend two paragraphs telling me how you torture them for information. Just remember that regardless of what your character would do, you're all working for the Morienn Resistance and should be on the same team. Or maybe you're Robin Hood trying to free the city from the tyranny of oppression, and damnit that assassin / torturer sure gets results, so you guess you'll put up with him for now... Or if you're really braindead and can't think of any ideas outside your own Mary-Sue orphan with no family, purple eyes, two scimitars and a need for revenge, you can always say you're a mercenary who came from a far-away land ended up in Morienn.

The classic 16 questions

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
D&D 5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Homebrew setting - war between two neighbouring states. Mostly urban campaign

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
five players with alternates.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
OOTS forum, although if Discord is preferred we could do that. I like the Play by post format as opposed to live.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Character level 3

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
To be decided - probably 500g or 1000g of standard and magic items

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
I'll tentatively say any classes/combos are allowed, with an intent of fun over min-maxing. No homebrew stuff you made up yourself though.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Human, dwarf or elf are the standard three.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
I think D&D5 is a 27 point buy? I'm flexible on rolling for stats or point buy.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is more of a suggestion - working together (however grudgingly) is the goal. An assassin would be great. A paladin would be great. A serial killer would not be.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
I'm flexible, as long as it makes sense.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
We used the /roll commands on the site before, so probably that unless people have a preference.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
If you're an experienced player and want to suggest stuff, that's probably fine.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
I don't need a life story, but there should be some history of your character being recruited (either for money or for the cause) to join the Morienn Resistance, which is the faction we're all on)

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, role-playing, or a combination of the above?
We had it as 70% combat, 5% puzzles, 25% RP previously, but that was sort of what people enjoyed.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
I want to try and stick to stuff I know / can research without stepping on people's toes too much.

If anyone's interested, I found an old forum link to the original campaign - https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?63457-The-Da-mall

J-H
2024-02-07, 11:46 PM
I'm interested. Not sure what I'd play yet, though. A few questions.
1. What sort of posting rate do you plan? Some games take a week to run a combat round; others can get 2-3 rounds per day.
2. Discord for OOC/clarifications/planning? I've found it helps a lot.
3. How available are magic items likely to be? Some classes benefit more than others in 5e.
4. What's the likely breakdown between hack & slash / exploration & puzzles / politics & social?

Do you happen to have an old reference document sitting around with more info on the setting, what world/pantheon it's in, how society views things like necromancy, warlocks, poison use, etc.?

JNAProductions
2024-02-08, 01:26 AM
I'm interested. Not sure what I'd play yet, though.

Do you happen to have an old reference document sitting around with more info on the setting, what world/pantheon it's in, how society views things like necromancy, warlocks, poison use, etc.?

Echoing these points specifically. :)

SwordCoastTaxi
2024-02-08, 09:39 AM
Interested pending the 16.

Zjackrum
2024-02-08, 12:45 PM
Just want to throw in that I edited the original post with some extra info.

As far as Pantheon and Universe, The Da'mall is a little under-developed... It started as a crash-course idea for urban combat and stealth missions that grew over time. I'm happy to include most standard Gods and Pantheons, but the setting isn't quite as exotic as most D&D worlds. That isn't to say there isn't room for orcs, tieflings or other races - we'll just reasonably rare if a player really wants to play as one. The world also started as a low-magic world simply due to my lack of experience. It made it very difficult to find players, so that was scrapped reasonably quickly.

I also had a fair bit of "railroading" in that the general idea that because the players are a team working for an army, the army has missions for the group to do in order to further the war between Morienn and the Kalo Empire.

Awful
2024-02-08, 03:10 PM
Consider me interested.

ProudGrognard
2024-02-08, 03:51 PM
I am also interested. The posting rate would be important, because I would not want to hold up the group. Buy I will come back with a character suggestion. Since I have a weakness for rangers - reskinned or otherwise- are Tasha's variants allowed?

J-H
2024-02-08, 09:54 PM
Here's Lorem Ipsum (https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/118430069), a Shadow Monk (human).
Questions:
1. What sort of inspiration are you typically taking for the names? Any specific linguistic region? As you can see, I don't have a name yet.
2. What languages are likely to be spoken or come up during the game? I have two languages to select.
3. Equipment is TBD, so just starting gear for now?

Lorem grew up in the city of Corsand. His mother (name) is an alchemist / herbalist, and his older sister (name) has taken up the trade. Lorem had the patience for alchemy, but struggled to memorize all the ingredients and recipes. Feeling that he was likely to follow in the footsteps of his father (a reasonably paid senior NCO in the Morienn army who's probably going to stay enlisted until he ages out at 60), Lorem picked up boxing and prizefighting early in his teen years. His muscles aren't the biggest, but he's fast and pretty canny.

It also helps to have easy access to potions and magical ingredients. Between the performance-enhancing substances and some quasi-magical instruction from a retired Army sorcerer, Lorem has developed an affinity for darkness and stealth. Although this isn't much use in the fighting ring, it's come in handy since the invasion. The ability to see at night, and to dull sounds, has helped he and his compatriots ambush and kill several small groups of soldiers.

ProudGrognard
2024-02-09, 01:15 PM
I really liked the name, J-H!

The OP has not yet reappeared. Zjackrum, if the game is still on, I was wondering if you would be fine with an Wild Elf Urban Ranger, as a reskin of the Horizon Walker. The idea is described below

The idea is that instead of drawing from the "power of the Universe", he is actually drawing from the spirits and the latent energy of the city itself. Instead of Survival, he has Streetwise, which allows him to follow tracks within a city, identify gangs/officials/people of importance, know how to get in contact with people, read the mood of the city etc. Instead of Mask of the Wild, he has Mask of the City. And so on.

TriciaOso
2024-02-09, 02:39 PM
Hallveig Sturlusdottir (https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/118469794), Path of the Giant Barbarian.

The women of Hallveig's line are brewsters and priestesses in the old dwarf ways, but since they moved to the city, that heritage has died generation by generation. In the modern day, Hallveig was simply a tavern keeper in Corsand; the old runes she'd tattooed on her body to remember her mother didn't seem to have given her much more than an odd knack for languages. The temper came from her father's side.

But when the Empire came to Corsand, her tavern became a meeting place for the Resistance. She didn't do much more than look the other way, at first. Once the Kalos burned her tavern down, she got mad, and no one holds a grudge like a dwarf. As she fought, she got stronger, and as she got stronger, the latent power of the runes grew and grew. And so does she, when she loses her temper now.

Awful
2024-02-09, 06:00 PM
I have an idea for a dhampir phantom rogue - the idea being that they were killed by the invaders, and their grudge and desire to live was sufficient they sort of rose from the dead in dhampir form. They'll be less edgy than they sound, I promise, heh. But I'd like the a-ok for playing a dhampir to make sure that's fine with you.

Zjackrum
2024-02-09, 11:30 PM
Posting from my phone, which isn’t ideal but I wanted to make sure I respond to people’s questions and characters:

I wanted to tentatively say people should post a minimum of once a day. I personally like the slow pace, but anything slower can be really frustrating. When it comes to combat, it helps do post by saying “I attack this target, or if it’s dead I attack this target. Here are my rolls”

Magic items and gold-wise, the Morienn Resistance has connections and can get players most magic items for a cost. This shop is accessible in between most missions.

Names in this campaign are anything that sounds “medieval”ish. Characters should have both a first and last name, and your family name doesn’t necessarily define where you’re from.

Languages are just “common” for humans, with dwarf and elven racial languages if that’s your race or you have some connection to their faction.
Language differs between commoners and more high-born, and character “accents” may differentiate your allegiance, but that’s more RP than a character skill. Enemies aren’t going to immediately know you’re from Morienn based on your language or name.

Lorem ipsum looks reasonably solid - decent but succinct background and character.

An urban ranger would likely be a good addition too, though I don’t fully know how powerful their abilities will be in action, and the elf faction is relatively undeveloped since we didn’t have elves in the precious campaign.

I can’t access the character sheet for hallveig, but the character background looks good. You’d also have a connection to the dwarf faction, which would be a plus.

We don’t really have anything supernatural like vampires, but if your dhampir isn’t going to make more vampires or undead and can be outside in the sun that’s likely fine. If you bite people in broad daylight that would likely cause an appropriate response. We did encounter undead in the previous campaign, but it was more low level horde stuff than organized and sentient beings.

In general im open to most ideas and whatever people want to bring to the table. If we can get past the first mini-adventure (I often like to throw some combat in early to see how my players do), we’ll see how it goes and if we lose any players to boredom.

TriciaOso
2024-02-09, 11:49 PM
Sorry! I hadn't set it to public, it should be visible now.

Infernally Clay
2024-02-10, 12:29 PM
I'll put forward a pretty straightforward Lore Bard, a literal librarian seeking an ancient and powerful tome. She will be well known in some circles as an excellent storyteller and someone who always seems to have a story relevant to a situation that inspires her or others to figure out a path to success.

ProudGrognard
2024-02-10, 05:07 PM
Posting from my phone, which isn’t ideal but I wanted to make sure I respond to people’s questions and characters:

I wanted to tentatively say people should post a minimum of once a day. I personally like the slow pace, but anything slower can be really frustrating. When it comes to combat, it helps do post by saying “I attack this target, or if it’s dead I attack this target. Here are my rolls”

Magic items and gold-wise, the Morienn Resistance has connections and can get players most magic items for a cost. This shop is accessible in between most missions.

Names in this campaign are anything that sounds “medieval”ish. Characters should have both a first and last name, and your family name doesn’t necessarily define where you’re from.

Languages are just “common” for humans, with dwarf and elven racial languages if that’s your race or you have some connection to their faction.
Language differs between commoners and more high-born, and character “accents” may differentiate your allegiance, but that’s more RP than a character skill. Enemies aren’t going to immediately know you’re from Morienn based on your language or name.

Lorem ipsum looks reasonably solid - decent but succinct background and character.

An urban ranger would likely be a good addition too, though I don’t fully know how powerful their abilities will be in action, and the elf faction is relatively undeveloped since we didn’t have elves in the precious campaign.

I can’t access the character sheet for hallveig, but the character background looks good. You’d also have a connection to the dwarf faction, which would be a plus.

We don’t really have anything supernatural like vampires, but if your dhampir isn’t going to make more vampires or undead and can be outside in the sun that’s likely fine. If you bite people in broad daylight that would likely cause an appropriate response. We did encounter undead in the previous campaign, but it was more low level horde stuff than organized and sentient beings.

In general im open to most ideas and whatever people want to bring to the table. If we can get past the first mini-adventure (I often like to throw some combat in early to see how my players do), we’ll see how it goes and if we lose any players to boredom.

Thanks for this, Zjackrum. I will create the character and you can see if you like it. I briefly toyed with the idea of submitting a warlock, because we had no magical ability in the team, but Infernally Clay seems to have it covered.

Awful
2024-02-10, 07:14 PM
Cool! Yeah, dhampirs can't make more undead or anything like that. No sunlight sensitivity, either.

I would ask that if I can use dex for the bite, rather than just the con as it originally specifies? It'd let me sneak attack with it. It'd be nice, at any rate.

Anyway, the sheet will go here when it's ready: Nettle Crimsonwood (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2878884)

I might go with soulknife, looking at it, and flavour it a bit, since it looks like phantom takes to level 9 to really start coming online, and that might be years in a pbp.

SwordCoastTaxi
2024-02-10, 07:15 PM
I'll be applying with Luerik Hillsong, a Morienn warrior determined to defend his homeland with his last breath. The sheet is a work in progress but should be up tomorrow.

Zjackrum
2024-02-10, 09:20 PM
So it sounds like we’ve got:
Monk (way of shadow)
Rogue
Barbarian
Ranger
Bard
And a … fighter ?
That does seem a little light on magic and healing, but a reasonably solid group

ProudGrognard
2024-02-11, 07:32 AM
So it sounds like we’ve got:
Monk (way of shadow)
Rogue
Barbarian
Ranger
Bard
And a … fighter ?
That does seem a little light on magic and healing, but a reasonably solid group

Well, I changed my proposal to a Cleric! I have not played one before, so here is my chance. I hope it is not a problem. So here is a Kerykes, a Human Cleric of Light (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kaPsTDpjYAQFguPNeQouF2K_JMdr-BXwiWJ_mgHt-4s/edit). Sorry for the unconventional Charsheet, I do not have a premium account in DnD Beyond. I hope it is not a problem.

Kerykes is Corsand-bred through and through. His father Daros was a member of the City Militia and his mother Helena a musician. Kerykes used to be a cheerful, sociable boy with a knack for meeting people and making friends. He was set to be a musician himself, like his older sister Melania, but then his mother died when he was 16. A dear friend of the family, the elven Lightbringer Avaris, helped him through the rough times and introduced him to the Covenant of Light. The Covenant was one of the oldest shrines and religious places in the city, and was devoted jointly to Lathander, Sune and Milil. Kerykes found hope, solace and purpose in the Mysteries of the Light, and under his proud father ‘s eyes, he was inducted into the Light himself five years ago, on his 22nd birthday. The Kalo invasion changed all that. Kerykes found himself at first tending to the wounded and then fighting on the wall. The ritual weapon practice of his apprenticeship became terrifying realities. One by one, the people most important to him left. His father Daros was killed in the second wave of attacks, Melania left with her family further into Morrien territory and, after the conquest, his mentor Avaris disappeared when the Covenant was forcibly closed. Now Kerykes is a somber, serious young man, wise with pain beyond his years, a silent specter roaming the darkness of his town. He knows that it is always darkest before dawn. Kerykes understands that his purpose is to help bring this new dawn to his city, and to teach the darkness the fear of light.

Three questions, if I may:
- In the spirit of having ties with each other, I suggest that Kerykes, my PC, played together music with Lorem in the tavern of Hallveig. The three were casual friends for several years, even before the invasion, so the tavern became a natural place to meet for Resistance minded individuals.
- With this in mind, I exchanged one of the languages with an instrument proficiency. I would also like to change the Shelter of the Faithful, with something like Ear to the Ground, to show that Kerykes almost always 'knows a guy' within the city. Would that be possible?
- Finally, it seems to me that the group shapes to be patriotic. May I suggest, if everyone agrees, that the Kalos empire becomes a bit evil-ish? Not just invaders, but sinister invaders, which would commit acts that would enrage good clerics, monks, patriotic fighters etc?
Of course this is just a suggestion.

Awful
2024-02-11, 10:11 AM
A couple of questions.

I have a spare language. As Nettle was originally a human, what would be a good secondary language for her?

I'm told getting a feat at start is standard rules now with AL and the like if you don't choose one of the backgrounds that gives you a feat. Are there any restrictions on said feats?

Well, I changed my proposal to a Cleric! I have not played one before, so here is my chance. I hope it is not a problem. So here is a Kerykes, a Human Cleric of Light (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kaPsTDpjYAQFguPNeQouF2K_JMdr-BXwiWJ_mgHt-4s/edit). Sorry for the unconventional Charsheet, I do not have a premium account in DnD Beyond. I hope it is not a problem.

Have you considered myth-weavers? that's a free service I've always found pretty decent for sheets.

TriciaOso
2024-02-11, 10:30 AM
- In the spirit of having ties with each other, I suggest that Kerykes, my PC, played together music with Lorem in the tavern of Hallveig. The three were casual friends for several years, even before the invasion, so the tavern became a natural place to meet for Resistance minded individuals.

I was thinking that could be the case too! With Hallveig's mother being a more traditional brewster/seer and Lorem's mother an alchemist/herbalist, they might have a pre-existing connection there, too. (Maybe I've watched too much of The Bear lately but I'm imagining two people who are clearly not related calling each other 'cousin.')

ProudGrognard
2024-02-11, 10:43 AM
I was thinking that could be the case too! With Hallveig's mother being a more traditional brewster/seer and Lorem's mother an alchemist/herbalist, they might have a pre-existing connection there, too. (Maybe I've watched too much of The Bear lately but I'm imagining two people who are clearly not related calling each other 'cousin.')

I am all for this! Kerykes knows Dwarvish, so perhaps he picked it up by hanging with Hallveig's folks. So, Hallveig is Cousin, if you do not object.
I also think Kerykes will have a fondness for rich dwarven ale and a tendency to swear in Dwarvish when things go really bad.

SwordCoastTaxi
2024-02-11, 12:22 PM
Because there was no mage I switched my app to Shavriel Rolga (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2879124), a friendly but risk-averse sorceress looking to repair a damaged reputation by helping overcome the Kalo Empire. I wasn't sure how much gold we're starting with so Equipment is unfinished.

Awful
2024-02-11, 03:45 PM
So Nettle Crimsonwood (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2878884) (or Nettie to her friends) was a smuggler - first of goods, then of people, before it all came crashing down.

Nettle was one of a family of smugglers, rakes and ne'er-do-wells. It was an open secret that if you wanted something, and it wasn't available, you went to the Crimsonwood clan. They were surprisingly honourable for thieves; they didn't scam their customers (much), they didn't kill and rob like bandits, and much of their coin found its way to supporting the local downtrodden - perhaps why the guards could never get any witnesses against them. Untaxed spirits; rare ingredients; pre-loved magic items; all of it passed through the hands of the Nettie and her family for the right amount of gleam.

When the war came, they were initially enthusiatic; war was great for business! When the city was occupied, however, they began to change focus. They could smuggle fighters in and refugees out; they liberated enemy supplies and passed them on to those more deserving.

It all came to an end when the Black Feather Company, an elite formation within the Kalo military, conducted a sharp and brutal counter-insurgency campaign in Corsand. Their commander, known as the Shrike, had every suspected rebel, informant or inconvenient impaled, and that was the end of near all the Crimsonwood clan.

But Nettle lived, in a sense. Perhaps it was the weight of her grudge, paladin-like, that dragged her most of the way back from death. Perhaps she wanted to live, and some distant deity took note. Perhaps her charm she always carried had some magic in it after all. Whatever the reason, she's returned nearly all the way from death, and with surprising cheer, promised an end to the Shrike and his Black Feather Company.

How else to help but the Resistance?

Potential connections I could see:
Smuggler: perhaps Nettie's family provided alcohol without those pesky fees and taxes to Hallvieg's tavern before the war?
Performer: Nettle has expertise in performance. Maybe she frequented, performed with, or was known to Lorem and Kerykes with the musical aspect.
Alchemy: perhaps certain rare or under-the-table ingredients for Lorem's family alchemy were obtained through the Crimsonwood clan.

ProudGrognard
2024-02-11, 04:17 PM
So Nettle Crimsonwood (or Nettie to her friends) was a smuggler - first of goods, then of people, before it all came crashing down.

Nettle was one of a family of smugglers, rakes and ne'er-do-wells. It was an open secret that if you wanted something, and it wasn't available, you went to the Crimsonwood clan. They were surprisingly honourable for thieves; they didn't scam their customers (much), they didn't kill and rob like bandits, and much of their coin found its way to supporting the local downtrodden - perhaps why the guards could never get any witnesses against them. Untaxed spirits; rare ingredients; pre-loved magic items; all of it passed through the hands of the Nettie and her family for the right amount of gleam.

When the war came, they were initially enthusiatic; war was great for business! When the city was occupied, however, they began to change focus. They could smuggle fighters in and refugees out; they liberated enemy supplies and passed them on to those more deserving.

It all came to an end when the Black Feather Company, an elite formation within the Kalo military, conducted a sharp and brutal counter-insurgency campaign in Corsand. Their commander, known as the Shrike, had every suspected rebel, informant or inconvenient impaled, and that was the end of near all the Crimsonwood clan.

But Nettle lived, in a sense. Perhaps it was the weight of her grudge, paladin-like, that dragged her most of the way back from death. Perhaps she wanted to live, and some distant deity took note. Perhaps her charm she always carried had some magic in it after all. Whatever the reason, she's returned nearly all the way from death, and with surprising cheer, promised an end to the Shrike and his Black Feather Company.

How else to help but the Resistance?

Potential connections I could see:
Smuggler: perhaps Nettie's family provided alcohol without those pesky fees and taxes to Hallvieg's tavern before the war?
Performer: Nettle has expertise in performance. Maybe she frequented, performed with, or was known to Lorem and Kerykes with the musical aspect.
Alchemy: perhaps certain rare or under-the-table ingredients for Lorem's family alchemy were obtained through the Crimsonwood clan.

So, I updated Kerykes and his story in the post above. He is a much more somber, determined fellow now. He also has a sister who had to flee the city and a father who was in the Militia. Perhaps the Crimsonwood was known to him from his father, and Nettle was known to Kerykes from the music circles. So Kerykes' family contacted the Crimsonwood to smuggle Kerykes' sister out. If I may suggest, perhaps Kerykes had a family debt to pay and helped nurse Nettle back to health in s hidden cellar of Hallvieg's tavern. Is that agreeable?

SwordCoastTaxi
2024-02-12, 06:28 AM
If I can I'll add Shavriel would know the Crimsonwood Clan from them trading with her mage community mostly for exotic spell components. Shavriel didn't visit the town much but she's definitely been to the Hallveig tavern to chat with locals. And maybe Lorem practised magic among Shavriel's community of mages just outside town?

Zjackrum
2024-02-12, 04:39 PM
Sounds like we’ve got some good comradeship already starting! I’m going to post an official OOC and IC threads soon and we’ll go from there.

Awful
2024-02-12, 05:43 PM
. Perhaps the Crimsonwood was known to him from his father, and Nettle was known to Kerykes from the music circles. So Kerykes' family contacted the Crimsonwood to smuggle Kerykes' sister out. If I may suggest, perhaps Kerykes had a family debt to pay and helped nurse Nettle back to health in s hidden cellar of Hallvieg's tavern. Is that agreeable?

If I can I'll add Shavriel would know the Crimsonwood Clan from them trading with her mage community mostly for exotic spell components.

Both of these sound good to me!

SwordCoastTaxi
2024-02-12, 08:27 PM
Sounds like we’ve got some good comradeship already starting! I’m going to post an official OOC and IC threads soon and we’ll go from there.
Hooray! :smallbiggrin:

Zjackrum
2024-02-13, 01:41 PM
Alright we're good to go!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664443-The-Da-mall-IC-Thread

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664442-The-Da-mall-OOC-Thread

Please go ahead and post on both of these threads when you get a chance. Hopefully we haven't lost any players yet! I'm going to mark this thread as closed and stop checking it.