PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Interest Check - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e

Shoot Da Moon
2024-02-07, 11:03 PM
Hey, I've recently got my hands on the corebook for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4e, and I'm curious about running a sandbox campaign in it. (I have a general idea for the campaign's frame, don't worry about that, I can easily convert material from other games.)

The PCs' adventures will take place in a region near the Black Mountains in the south of The Empire, travelling to a military fort meant to keep watch over an orc-heavy wilderness. There are a lot of reasons why an adventurer may come here, from wanting to escape pursuers to seeking out evil to battle.

Fair warning; I'm new to the system, but the PbP format should help with that.
Speaking of PbP format, we might have to adjust certain real-time-reliant mechanics to fit within forums posting. ("Per-Session" Talents, for example, may "recharge" after an in-game day or after a dramatically appropriate event.)
I recommend you create characters without random rolling for extra XP or anything, just choose the point buy and picks options.

If you've got other WFRP 4e books and want to use them, tell me about what and how.

What do you think, sirs?

TheRagingKobold
2024-02-07, 11:51 PM
WFRP 4E is a system with which I have far less experience than I'd like, so I might well be interested. That being said, the premise you lay out sounds like it would make for a somewhat combat-centric game; is that what you have in mind for the campaign, more or less? Given the system's reputation for lethality, I am not sure this would be quite my cuppa.

Shoot Da Moon
2024-02-09, 12:24 AM
WFRP 4E is a system with which I have far less experience than I'd like, so I might well be interested. That being said, the premise you lay out sounds like it would make for a somewhat combat-centric game; is that what you have in mind for the campaign, more or less? Given the system's reputation for lethality, I am not sure this would be quite my cuppa.

I understand your concerns.

I can certainly provide non-combat adventures, I am prepared for that. I prefer to slow-roll combat myself. I pride myself on being flexible enough to cater to my players’ tastes and strengths.

TheRagingKobold
2024-02-09, 12:59 AM
Can't say much fairer than that. :smallsmile: If there ends up being enough interest for you to run this game I will probably throw my hat in the ring.