PDA

View Full Version : [ISLE] The Shipyard

Elvaris
2007-12-13, 02:56 PM
"Captain, if this is really that dangerous surely we should bring more men..."
"A valiant attempt to get out of rowing, Lieutenant... But not good enough. The only danger in these waters is the reef, and a heavier boat would just magnify that."
"Captain --"
"Hush. This channel narrows through here and I need to pay attention."
The young lieutenant went back to concentrating on keeping his oars' passage through the water as quiet as possible. It had been some time since he had manned an oar, so the effort helped keep him from lingering on the questions he was trying to stifle. Neither task was easy.
After a few more silent strokes (and a few not so silent), the lieutenant noticed the captain staring over his shoulder, smiling at something he saw.
"I take it the channel has widened again?"
"Have a look for yourself."
He turned to find not the empty water that had been there mere minutes before, but an island city lined by trees with a central tower reaching towards the heavens.
"What? But that wasn't there minutes ago."
"Come on, the docks are to the starboard. I'll introduce you to the harbormaster. He's an old friend of mine."

Sitna

Sitna Racial traits:

+2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity. Years of maritime living have made the Sitna both hearty and agile.
Medium
Sitna base land speed is 30 feet.
Sea Legs: When off of a ship or outside water, Sitna appear as fish out of water. They lose their racial Dexterity bonus and their racial Balance bonus until such time as they return to a boat (in water) or are submerged in a body of water lake-sized or larger.
+4 racial bonus on saving throws against diseases.
+2 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Swim and Profession(Sailor) checks.
Automatic Languages: Common and Sitt. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic.) As traders, shippers and merchants, Sitna encounter a variety of cultures. Sitt is a language composed of both words and gestures designed for use in rough waters when communication is difficult. It is not a written language.
Favored Class: Rogue.