PDA

View Full Version : OOTS nativity scene request

xanaphia
2007-12-13, 11:56 PM
Could someone please make an OOTS nativity scene. They were talking about it on this thread. It was mentioned that if you placed this thread on the Arts and Crafts section, someone would probably do it.

kpenguin
2007-12-13, 11:59 PM
Ummm... wouldn't that come close to breaking the rules on religion?

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-14, 02:33 AM
Ummm... wouldn't that come close to breaking the rules on religion?

There are rules on religion? :smallconfused:

At any rate, it wouldn't be any worse than the millions of poor little children that have to perform it personally.

@V I would think he'd be more akin to the antichrist

Serpentine
2007-12-14, 02:35 AM
Belkar as the baby Jesus...
Rockin'.

Raiser Blade
2007-12-14, 03:05 AM
@V I would think he'd be more akin to the antichrist

That's what would make it so funny.

Ego Slayer
2007-12-14, 11:00 AM
Second what Kpenguin said... probably does break it, as far as I see.

There are rules on religion? :smallconfused:
Have you not read the rules? :smallconfused:

Serpentine
2007-12-14, 11:52 PM
Eh, as far as I see, the nativity scene is such an ingrained part of Christmas that if you're gonna say that's too religious you may as well ban Christmas angels and Santa hats. I believe discussion of religion is banned. I can't see a nativity scene being provocative in any way. I'd suggest a parallel in another religion, but I can't really think of any...
I suppose, what about my Rainbow Serpent? It's a spirit-god-ancestor thing of the Australian aborigines. I don't see it as being any less religiously... concerning? than a nativity scene, and noone complained about it.

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-15, 12:39 PM
I agree with Serpentine. Though containing religious content, I really don't think it would offend anyone. Go for it.

Oh, and how I see it:

Belkar = Baby Jesus
Elan = Joseph
Haley = Mary
Vaarsuvius = Wise Man
Roy = Wise Man
Durkon = Wise Man, Innkeeper, Donkey, or Sheep
Hinjo = Wise Man, but only if Durkon isn't.

Squark
2007-12-15, 12:45 PM
What about the shepards?

Bayar
2007-12-15, 12:57 PM
I agree with Serpentine. Though containing religious content, I really don't think it would offend anyone. Go for it.

Oh, and how I see it:

Belkar = Baby Jesus
Elan = Joseph
Haley = Mary
Vaarsuvius = Wise Man
Roy = Wise Man
Durkon = Wise Man, Innkeeper, Donkey, or Sheep
Hinjo = Wise Man, but only if Durkon isn't.

Wonder what would Belkar say..."Score !" :smallbiggrin: Now that would be wrong...

SoD
2007-12-15, 01:24 PM
What about the shepards?

Shojo, Hinjo, O-Chul, Blue Bandana Guy, Lien and Miko. Paladin=Shepard.

I'd rather see Belkar dressed as the angel, floating above the scene either complaining or getting ready to throw a few daggers down.

Have the Oracle as baby Jesus!

Roland St. Jude
2007-12-15, 10:55 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: It *does* violate the forum rules on religion. It's not a matter of offending people; that isn't the test. Please review the Rules of Posting and keep in mind that it's a broad prohibition of real world religious discussion. Thanks.