PDA

View Full Version : (3.5 OOC) End of Fate

Pages : [1] 2

Forsaken
2024-02-17, 05:49 PM
Temporary first post will update shortly.

Player
Character
Race
Classes
Approved and or Statements

DeTess
Eria Shiro (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2878920)
Half Drow
Swordsage 4
Yep all cleared

Darius
Porky (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2878901)
Half-Ork
Barbarian
Yep check mail

/TR]

Dakrsidder
Ekkehardt (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2879328)
Elan
Factotum 3 / Psychic Rogue 1
Yep all cleared

Metastachydium
Bryanthe Karbamis (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2879197)
Lesser Aasimar
Spontaneous Cleric 1/Healer 3
Yep all cleared

zlefin
Maynard Raynes (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2879251)
Human
Human Paragon 1 / Paladin 3
Yep all cleared

Players pick your colors and get some coziness going :smallsmile:

IC Thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664586-(3-5-IC)-End-of-Fate&p=25965676#post25965676)

IC B (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?665200-(3-5-IC)-End-of-Fate-(B)#post25976732)

Auranghzeb
2024-02-17, 06:09 PM
Ja will speak in Teal

I couldn't get the warpaints on her face on hero forge, but there you are.
https://i.imgur.com/O68ymyq.png

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/3c/32/543c32894db76b536cdf293eca7d0b12.jpg

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-17, 08:19 PM
Porky the half orc will speak in the color of pigs!

RaiKirah
2024-02-17, 08:21 PM
Cyndred Ariangar the Razorclaw Shifter will speak in Rust Red

tonberryking
2024-02-17, 09:35 PM
So we all got in?

Loba will use true red.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-17, 09:40 PM
I think I’ll go for purple

DeTess
2024-02-18, 03:42 AM
I'll use gray

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 08:45 AM
So we all got in?

Loba will use true red.

Seems as only 6 followed over so far.

IC link everyone here feel free to post! (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664586-(3-5-IC)-End-of-Fate&p=25965676#post25965676)

Metastachydium
2024-02-18, 08:52 AM
Wait, does that mean the slow lost their spots (including myself)? In my defence, I'm exploiting a very conveniently timed lull in the Forums not working very well for me to even post this.

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 08:53 AM
Wait, does that mean the slow lost their spots (including myself)? In my defence, I'm exploiting a very conveniently timed lull in the Forums not working very well for me to even post this.

Nah i was just saying only 6 replied lol go for it

edit forums been running really slow for myself also :smallfrown:

Metastachydium
2024-02-18, 09:02 AM
Nah i was just saying only 6 replied lol go for it

Whew. That's good to hear, thanks. I'm going with a deliberately tough to discern light blue for Bryanthe (cut her some slack, she's on the shy side) for Bryanthe, then.

edit forums been running really slow for myself also :smallfrown:

And it's not even consistently that! It gives one this little window of hope every now and then only to go BOOM, SLOGFEST a minute later.

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 09:20 AM
Whew. That's good to hear, thanks. I'm going with a deliberately tough to discern light blue for Bryanthe (cut her some slack, she's on the shy side) for Bryanthe, then.

And it's not even consistently that! It gives one this little window of hope every now and then only to go BOOM, SLOGFEST a minute later.

Yea I have it so its either swirly for 5 minutes. Fails to connect to the sight or takes 5 mins to even show its loading. Once in awhile it acts like a website

As for color I like bolding npcs or using grey and such depending.

Also everyone IC is up have it linked to first thread as well

Metastachydium
2024-02-18, 11:49 AM
I managed to post! I MANAGED TO POST!

RaiKirah
2024-02-18, 12:19 PM
Wow, that took 10 minutes to get a post through. Here we go though!

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 12:50 PM
lol it seems like everyone is having that posting lag. I remember once I reposted like 5 times in a row and had to remove them (happened in recruitment xD)

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 01:18 PM
IC updated lol. Nice nat 1 for diplomacy. I'll just treat that as a shakedown xD

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 03:18 PM
Got ninjaed lol if you guys want to do any prepwork before leaving feel free to discuss it in ooc I'll reflect it in ic any questions as well feel free to shoot

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-18, 03:19 PM
IF we have a wizard, I will need a grease spell. Just in case, lol jk

DeTess
2024-02-18, 03:31 PM
The wagon might be a good idea if we can get one quickly. Otherwise it'd be better not to bother.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-18, 03:49 PM
Not a wizard, but I do have a grease sla prepared

Honestly, a wagon might not be the greatest idea. The roads, assuming there were any, are likely in bad condition and it could be a drag in a run away situation, but can still try

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 04:16 PM
The wagon might be a good idea if we can get one quickly. Otherwise it'd be better not to bother.

You can try but it will take them some time as the mayor is just expecting a quick rescue and march not liike you guys going to the next town over or transporting goods.

Not a wizard, but I do have a grease sla prepared

Honestly, a wagon might not be the greatest idea. The roads, assuming there were any, are likely in bad condition and it could be a drag in a run away situation, but can still try

You are correct roads conditions arent the best also when we get some more pcs replies I was going to post that the onkier nose is leading more towards the forest brush isnt to dense right by the walls but to get a wagon through you will be slightly hard press and it will take a bit more time.

DeTess
2024-02-18, 04:38 PM
Allright, sounds like the wagon is a no-go then

tonberryking
2024-02-18, 04:53 PM
I suppose I won't need my own horse?

Forsaken
2024-02-18, 05:13 PM
I suppose I won't need my own horse?

its useful but in this case you might want to hold off bringing it with you. But up to you might help it might not:smallwink:

zlefin
2024-02-18, 05:51 PM
I was confused because I didn't realize everyone got in, so I spent awhile looking around to try to figure out what was happening. 8 players is a lot to work with, but at least we've got a buffer to account for afk'ers.

I fixed the requests minor issues with the sheet.
As to color

I'll try Maroon, and if it looks ok I'll go with that.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-18, 07:35 PM
And then suddenly Porky smells somthing, breaking into a sprint. Going...... 160 ft a round PIGGY FLY FAST!

tonberryking
2024-02-19, 02:02 PM
Btw I work mornings and afternoons during the week so if you’re anywhere close to America, please understand I only post in IC threads at night…

Forsaken
2024-02-19, 05:39 PM
Btw I work mornings and afternoons during the week so if you’re anywhere close to America, please understand I only post in IC threads at night…

I work east coast time 4am-1pm lol so I get ya weekends I post alot faster.

Forsaken
2024-02-19, 05:59 PM
New IC is up. What do you guys wanna do? The bloody smell is pretty dense you can easily tell its from a few bodies. well maybe not porky he probably knows its alot though :smalleek:

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-19, 06:23 PM
Porky will carry anyone not fast enough to keep up! But time to go "normal speed" maybe well go "double march" of 80!!!

RaiKirah
2024-02-19, 07:33 PM
I seem to have messed up my Listen roll, so here's a new one:

Listen: [roll0]

Also, with Fire Bound Cyndred has a move speed of 40' and so can keep up with Porky.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-19, 08:01 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen
Rolling just in case

tonberryking
2024-02-19, 11:03 PM
Jeez... Loba rolled extremely well for sneaking up on this situation. If we're about to fight a monster they're gonna be unpleasantly surprised.

Forsaken
2024-02-20, 12:53 PM
Ninjaed again! lol

Maynard will keep with the accelerated pace as best he can. (rules-wise I think this means using hustle 1/3 of the time to maintain a 40' pace).

When the branching footsteps occur:
Perhaps some of us should branch off to see if any of the other guards might be found, but splitting is risky, and we can't afford to have too many groups, even separating at all carries risk. Since we do not all move at the same pace, perhaps the faster could search for the captain, while the rest search for other guards, who're likely to not have gotten as far.

[how hard to track are the other branches? is it possible to follow them at all without a proper tracker?]

Tracking the guards and the captain are splitting up shortly if you continue following the trails the guards seem to break off. You can tell that the guards are trying to catch up to their captain clearly, he left without asking for support, but these guardsmen choose to chase after him. Struggling to catch up. Clearly fighting and pushing forward at night wasn't there greatest of choices.

A few mobs of chained devils are the ones who are dead. Guards ftw! even if they have a bunch that died...:smallredface:

Dakrsidder
2024-02-20, 01:56 PM
With the new information I’ll get close enough to make a knowledge check for the devils, but are they the same as in the books or are there homebrewed tweaks? Asking as you just mentioned Chain Devils, which have regen, implying the guards had weapons that bypass it.

[roll0] Planes

zlefin
2024-02-20, 02:27 PM
I forget from the loredump in the OP, do we have to take action to avoid undead? or is it solely about anti-devil stuff? ie is there a standard practice for protecting dead bodies from misuse that we need to do on the guards? Such a thing would surely be common knowledge.

Forsaken
2024-02-20, 04:09 PM
With the new information I’ll get close enough to make a knowledge check for the devils, but are they the same as in the books or are there homebrewed tweaks? Asking as you just mentioned Chain Devils, which have regen, implying the guards had weapons that bypass it.

[roll0] Planes

These ones are the standard ones. You do notice the guards weapons are of silver make. With how high you rolled you do notice some empty bottles on the battlefield. Reading them says demonsbane which stops them from regenerating. It leaves a white film on the bodies of successfully targeted creatures.

Some of you noticed the white film on all of them. Implying they were properly disposed of.

I forget from the loredump in the OP, do we have to take action to avoid undead? or is it solely about anti-devil stuff? ie is there a standard practice for protecting dead bodies from misuse that we need to do on the guards? Such a thing would surely be common knowledge.

Nope undead is a real thing. From your standard knowledge you know people only turn undead when night occurs. Due to the guards more dangerous profession they have amulets of undeath equipped as part of their standard gear preventing becoming undead. Probably why they have still been left there for now. But you also know that the amulets only last about a week without the village totems presence.

Great questions lol

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-20, 04:27 PM
I guess porky is gonna grab the biggest silver weapon he can see cause..... maybe devil meat is poisonous. Whats the biggest one, also..... thinking.about grabbing some of them chains, is that possible?

Forsaken
2024-02-20, 04:31 PM
I guess porky is gonna grab the biggest silver weapon he can see cause..... maybe devil meat is poisonous. Whats the biggest one, also..... thinking.about grabbing some of them chains, is that possible?

Yep I posted ic the weapons you found. the chains are metal mainly some are barbed so just be careful handling those ones. Non poisonous but rolling or similar actions might not be the best. Biggest silver weapon is the greatsword.

Also I check ooc before ic sorry if it causes delay

New ic up

edit darius how much chains are you grabbing? the chains are only about 10ft-25ft and there is like alot of them xD

Dakrsidder
2024-02-20, 04:47 PM
Ah, managed to kill this many cr 6 monsters danm

Oop ninja’ed

Forsaken
2024-02-20, 05:22 PM
Ah, managed to kill this many cr 6 monsters danm

Oop ninja’ed

Yep guards are pretty strong thats why its basically suicide to man the walls at this point. Or go out and search for them like who would be crazy enough to do that? :smallbiggrin:

You manage to find [roll0] vials of demonbane and [roll1] deathsbane (effective on repelling undead equal to 1d10hd.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-20, 06:05 PM
At least it’s not one of the ones with strong slas I suppose

Noted

Also I don’t see how Cyndred would know about the guards in the cave. The only ones who were mentioned to have the knowledge are Porky and Ja, but neither of them actually said anything about the guards

Forsaken
2024-02-20, 06:32 PM

Noted

Also I don’t see how Cyndred would know about the guards in the cave. The only ones who were mentioned to have the knowledge are Porky and Ja, but neither of them actually said anything about the guards

I would just assume as nobody knows for sure its just like an 80% likelihood that they're there. Corpses+trail of blood lol. but who knows :smallbiggrin:

I'll wait for some more ic posts to figure out which way you guys are deciding to go. If this info is useful at all you should know that they're roughly 20-25 guards left unaccounted for.

Auranghzeb
2024-02-20, 06:41 PM
I can squeeze one post but Can’t post anymore tonight.

RaiKirah
2024-02-20, 07:05 PM

Noted

That's a decent point - I'll take Foresaken's explanation and then pay more attention in the future, sorry about that

Forsaken
2024-02-20, 07:12 PM
Oh i'm just going to throw this out there but you don't have to follow the group decision if you don't want to. Like if two people want to explore the guard cave and the rest moves on that's fine. But all I ask is if you get in over your head be careful. I like giving my players freedom but if you use that freedom to go into either an impossible situation I cant really stop you from dying lol. I can always regroup you guys so you dont have to feel forced to go one way or another. Its an open world have fun and go with what you feel. :smallsmile:

That said the above paragraph isn't metagaming your current area or anything just a general statement. Since its a decent split I could have said it when deciding to either guard the wall or pursue the captain and or the guards but feels slightly more appropriate now.

RaiKirah
2024-02-20, 08:07 PM
Good to know, but I think I'll hold off on splitting the party until slightly farther into the story :P

Dakrsidder
2024-02-20, 08:24 PM
Fair enough, I just mentioned it, as I probably would've considered it too if I'd known

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 04:46 PM
Is maynard splitting up in search of his own? You said he is going to follow porky's trail after exploring all locations?

zlefin
2024-02-21, 06:09 PM
no, I was merely mentioning the possibility, Maynard is sticking with the group, unless the group agrees to a plan to split up.

Iirc we're supposed to do die rolls in this thread, right? I feel there may be some other details of play that were supposed to happen in this thread that I'm forgetting.

rolling my knowledges to see if I know anything about the pit.

religion
[roll0]
planes
[roll1]
local
[roll2]

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 06:32 PM
no, I was merely mentioning the possibility, Maynard is sticking with the group, unless the group agrees to a plan to split up.

Iirc we're supposed to do die rolls in this thread, right? I feel there may be some other details of play that were supposed to happen in this thread that I'm forgetting.

rolling my knowledges to see if I know anything about the pit.

religion
[roll0]
planes
[roll1]
local
[roll2]

I like rolls that can impact your ic rp in here so you can describe it better. Like if you rolled a 3 to attack and you know your going to miss you can describe it

from your knowledge the hole looks just like a normal hole. But the chills you can tell maybe of undead creatures. Not as much demonic

Dakrsidder
2024-02-21, 06:55 PM
[roll0] Spot hopefully high enough to find something new about whatever is in the cave

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 07:09 PM
Kinda sad all them voices trying to help but only one guy hears it. lol.. especially since there are so many spirits calling out. That must be so loud :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

zlefin
2024-02-21, 07:13 PM
if I'm reading right, I get a one round stun, and I might be able to tell more if I keep concentrating despite that and accept a longer penalty. I choose to just take the one round stun then; but if I misunderstood what you were trying to say, and faint, then let me know so I can adjust the IC post accordingly.

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 07:30 PM
if I'm reading right, I get a one round stun, and I might be able to tell more if I keep concentrating despite that and accept a longer penalty. I choose to just take the one round stun then; but if I misunderstood what you were trying to say, and faint, then let me know so I can adjust the IC post accordingly.

Correct. Its like suddenly getting pricked with a sharp needle. You recoil in shock to protect yourself but if you focus you can push yourself to push against the needle even if it can cause further harm. Thats generally how I see it

Dakrsidder
2024-02-21, 07:42 PM
Something like a cafeteria or stadium I’d assume

Also if and when I have enough details to make a check, would a planes check be valid? Asking solely based on the demonic comment

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 07:46 PM
Something like a cafeteria or stadium I’d assume

Also if and when I have enough details to make a check, would a planes check be valid? Asking solely based on the demonic comment

Its a pit then a tunnel leading further in. Also if you listen further to the ghosts you can tell that they're souls are bound to their undead forms. A weird combination but implies that maybe the demonic ghost at the end has some magical abilities.

(Sorry if I wasnt making it clearer.)

As for the check I feel in this situation you are literally getting a bunch of info from the ghosts so you dont need much since they are feeding you the details you can freely tell they are trying to help but they know your party isnt able to hear them well besides one xD

Dakrsidder
2024-02-21, 07:57 PM
Nono, I mean I assume it’s noisy in the same way a full cafeteria or stadium is a blur of loud noises got that the location is a pit-tunnel. Ah, noted

Oh, not going to complain about free information

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 08:09 PM
Nono, I mean I assume it’s noisy in the same way a full cafeteria or stadium is a blur of loud noises got that the location is a pit-tunnel. Ah, noted

Oh, not going to complain about free information

Yea a loud clammer a stadium and or cafeteria is a great example.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-21, 08:12 PM
Double checking, only a.couple people can hear the ghosts?

Porky too thick to hear ghosts?

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 08:31 PM
Double checking, only a.couple people can hear the ghosts?

Porky too thick to hear ghosts?

only ekkerhardt due to his perk. some spells might be able to do the same thing but for the rest of the party currently they just hear eerie silence

RaiKirah
2024-02-21, 08:32 PM
Does Cyndred hear anything? I assumed not, but thought I would check.

Forsaken
2024-02-21, 08:35 PM
Does Cyndred hear anything? I assumed not, but thought I would check.

Nope just silence. A bit of OOC undead creepies dont have anything alive next to them so silence is pretty common lol. Nice transition and use of perk though lol enjoyed seeing it or reading it in this case :smallbiggrin:

RaiKirah
2024-02-21, 08:58 PM
Nope just silence. A bit of OOC undead creepies dont have anything alive next to them so silence is pretty common lol. Nice transition and use of perk though lol enjoyed seeing it or reading it in this case :smallbiggrin:

Thanks! It's a very cool perk and I'm excited to play with it!

DeTess
2024-02-22, 02:36 AM
I'll be shifting back and forth a bit, so rolls to do so quickly.

[roll0]
[roll1] (time in rounds on failure)
[roll2]
[roll3] (time in rounds on failure)
[roll4]
[roll5] (time in rounds on failure)

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 06:14 AM
I'll be shifting back and forth a bit, so rolls to do so quickly.

[roll0]
[roll1] (time in rounds on failure)
[roll2]
[roll3] (time in rounds on failure)
[roll4]
[roll5] (time in rounds on failure)

oof I hope your lucky :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

less 5 from each roll

Nice only two get the jump on you :smalleek:

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 06:18 AM
First one is luckly missing an arm :smallamused:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Second one is not :smallcool:
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

edit: oh damn oh damn oh damn :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

edit 2.0 forgot invisbility grants you a +20 to hide while moving never mind *sweat face(

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 06:28 AM
New ic up :smallredface

edit

roughly 15 bodies lay redead on the ground inside. if you guys inspect them you can tell they were warped with some kind of undead magic. As normal undead don't get reannimated stronger then how they were alive.

DeTess
2024-02-22, 07:28 AM
Right, should have mentioned invis more prominently, but it was situational enough I didn't want to include it in the roll.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rolling for transforming back once I reach the rest again.

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 08:07 AM
Right, should have mentioned invis more prominently, but it was situational enough I didn't want to include it in the roll.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rolling for transforming back once I reach the rest again.

Thats all good. Yea the cave is dark enough for you to have been invisible otherwise it would have been bad lol

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 11:42 AM
Ah the ghosts meant the captain was the blademaster. He has a perk related to the sword and it makes his strikes pretty dang powerful. These ghosts don't know that he is the captain so they called him either swordsman or blade master. My bad for any confusion

Dakrsidder
2024-02-22, 11:51 AM
Yeah, that was my assumption. I meant Eria said, “the captain probably came through in a hurry and didn’t finish the job," which would imply he wasn’t around. Contradicts the ghosts’ talking as though he were still fighting, so there’s a bit of confusion; perhaps he fell in battle a few moments ago; no clue yet.

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that was my assumption. I meant Eria said, “the captain probably came through in a hurry and didn’t finish the job," which would imply he wasn’t around. Contradicts the ghosts’ talking as though he were still fighting, so there’s a bit of confusion; perhaps he fell in battle a few moments ago; no clue yet.

Ah gotcha. You can probably pick up enough to tell he is still fighting. But not the group of things he cut down while tracking his daughter.

edit if you guys wanna through down with the three undead thingies feel free. Just be careful lol. This world is a bit dangerous and your going to be fighting something a bit harder than what would be normal in this world. But they are heavily wounded so you got a chance. I think by now you guys kinda get how scary this place can be.

DeTess
2024-02-22, 01:40 PM
I don't think I spotted any other branches to the path, did I? If so, we would need to get past one way or another, and stealth probably won't work for everyone.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-22, 01:49 PM
As in the three ahead, aren't the three the spirits were referring to? They said there were only three left; wasn't mentions of injured undead left over, so I assumed those were the remaining three going to have to edit my post if I misunderstood, and the captain is somewhere further in.

I assume we're going to engage with the undead; can always run away if they end up being too much anyway; more dangerous means more xp

DeTess
2024-02-22, 02:05 PM
Assuming we are (am about to turn in for the night so will probably miss the fight's start if we do), I want to do a quick reshuffling of my maneuvers again.

Prepared maneuvers:
burning blade
shadow jaunt
mountain hammer
Counter charge
shadow blade technique

and I'd enter the island of blades stance prior to entering the fight.

Metastachydium
2024-02-22, 02:40 PM
I say FIGHT!! (Sorry for the lag in my end; that my free and waking hours align so poorly with everyone else in the thread helps with roleplaying B.'s Unreactive flaw immensely.)

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 03:45 PM
I don't think I spotted any other branches to the path, did I? If so, we would need to get past one way or another, and stealth probably won't work for everyone.

A straight path so far. You can try stealth but your right. Not everyone will probably be able to make it. That said you could always try luring them lol. They are injured lowering their abilities by a good chunk

As in the three ahead, aren't the three the spirits were referring to? They said there were only three left; wasn't mentions of injured undead left over, so I assumed those were the remaining three going to have to edit my post if I misunderstood, and the captain is somewhere further in.

I assume we're going to engage with the undead; can always run away if they end up being too much anyway; more dangerous means more xp

Yep those are the three left that the ghosts are mentioning and the capi tan! further inside.

Yea more danger equals better rewards but also means higher chance of dying lol

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-22, 03:47 PM
Already, roll initiative? Roll attack? Swing my sword!!!?

RaiKirah
2024-02-22, 03:47 PM
Let's do this - Cyndred is going to just run at the encounter. He has impulse control issues, particularly when it comes to fighting :P

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 03:49 PM
lol seems the barbarian was the first to charge xD

Init roll enemy [roll0] luckily they arent the fastest and injuries make them a bit harder to move. If you beat there init you get to go first anyone below react after they go. Then after they go its a free for all.

Good luck :smallbiggrin:

edit cyndred vs undead round 1! lol

edit edit so many ninjas with my one post. lol but yep time for combat. buhahaha. I hope nobody gets dropped to quickly. I recommend doing 2 to 1 tactics. :smallbiggrin:

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-22, 03:51 PM
Barbarians charge forward!

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 03:53 PM
lol roll initiative dc is 15 to beat to go first. If you beat it post your combat round :smallwink:

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-22, 03:53 PM
[roll0] for initative noooooo.

Porky slow

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 03:57 PM
[roll0] for initative noooooo.

Porky slow

Ah whelp after cyndred rolls that would be first round then we should have normal combat it might be better this way but then again they are pretty tough :tongue:

DeTess
2024-02-22, 04:13 PM
initiative: [roll0]

Dakrsidder
2024-02-22, 04:19 PM
Huh well then the edit wasn’t accurate either, but it’s past that now, so whatever won’t bother editing

Btw at the point where initiative is rolled about what distance would the party be from the undead? Also, about what distance would the undead be from each other? Oh and about how wide is the tunnel

[roll0]

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 04:39 PM
Huh well then the edit wasn’t accurate either, but it’s past that now, so whatever won’t bother editing

Btw at the point where initiative is rolled about what distance would the party be from the undead? Also, about what distance would the undead be from each other? Oh and about how wide is the tunnel

[roll0]

Tunnel opens up a bit two undead are closer to each other. The two standing ones. The crawling one is by itself a bit closer to the entrance. Something like
------xxxxx-----
xxxxxxOxxx-----
xxxxxxxxOxxxxx
xxOxxxxxxxxxxx
---------xxxx------

x's are 5ft o's are the enemies. I dont have access to any good map makers yet sorry.

RaiKirah
2024-02-22, 04:49 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

And activating Rage! (on my turn)

Dakrsidder
2024-02-22, 04:52 PM
Not a issue good enough for me, although just to be certain, the standing undead aren’t adjacent to each other right? Also can I chuck the vials as splash weapons? If not, I’ll just use grease even if it’ll probably only apply to one

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 05:28 PM
Not a issue good enough for me, although just to be certain, the standing undead aren’t adjacent to each other right? Also can I chuck the vials as splash weapons? If not, I’ll just use grease even if it’ll probably only apply to one

they are about 7 feet apart (2 squares) You can chuck them as a splash weapon but the effect is uncertain to you.

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 05:44 PM
Undead vs cyndred the nearest target.

Crawler

Jump [roll0]
Bite attack if succeeds he will try and grapple [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If successful grapple
[roll3] If you beat that you resist it.

Ol' One arm vs Cyndred +flank

Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Twined armed Undead vs its next meal (Porky)

Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Everyone up feel free to hack them up after my ic with the undead attacks. :smallbiggrin:

edit: whats with me rolling max damage?!?!?!?!?!?

Dakrsidder
2024-02-22, 05:54 PM
My initiative was higher than theirs would I still be acting afterwards? If not, getting within 25’ of the closest and instead using entangling ectoplasm. If I go after anyways, I’ll chuck the deathsbane from 20’, so -2

[roll0] touch, if former, target should be flatfooted too

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-22, 06:09 PM
Porky will activate his rage. And swing on the undead that failed to hit him.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] confirm crit if necessary

[roll2] silver great sword two-handed

[roll3] crit damage if needed.

RaiKirah
2024-02-22, 06:12 PM
Ouch 25 damage!

Grapple Check: [roll0]

Auranghzeb
2024-02-22, 06:17 PM
I'm so confused...

so I'll roll (But eventually I'll just have to admit I can't follow the pace)

Init
[roll0]

Auranghzeb
2024-02-22, 06:30 PM
Critical confirmation on the greatsword attack

[roll0] damage[roll1]

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 06:33 PM
My initiative was higher than theirs would I still be acting afterwards? If not, getting within 25’ of the closest and instead using entangling ectoplasm. If I go after anyways, I’ll chuck the deathsbane from 20’, so -2

[roll0] touch, if former, target should be flatfooted too

The two barbarians said they charged in first so if they beat the init the undead did they get to attack first. They didnt sneak up and tried attacking so wasnt a surprise round after the first round of combat everyone I would have assumed caught up and then engaged. Thats why first round was stranger. Glad it was a touch attack these guy have hella nat armor. but very poor touch. Not 7 poor but pretty poor non the less. The deathsbane missed by a little. sorry as a heads up.

Porky will activate his rage. And swing on the undead that failed to hit him.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] confirm crit if necessary

[roll2] silver great sword two-handed

[roll3] crit damage if needed.

Ah my bad forgot about your armor. it wasnt in its slot so thought your ac was 19 lol Ill mend the ic

Ouch 25 damage!

Grapple Check: [roll0]

Welp you have someone hugging you now. I'll call him dave. :smallredface:

I'm so confused...

so I'll roll (But eventually I'll just have to admit I can't follow the pace)

Init
[roll0]

Sorry the story pace or combat pace? If its the story pace no worries. Ive notice some who post slightly slower so we might divi up groups depending and adjust the storyline that way.

Also how I do init basically its only the first round where it matters. In play by post it slows it down a bunch so I normally roll all enemies together and after they go its all pc's then all enemies then all npcs in that order.

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 06:36 PM
gonna meta game just so you guys know some base info. there ac is currently 24 touch 9 flat 24 Just to help rping. If you guys dont want this info in the future feel free to let me know and I can keep it private

Also nice crit dont forget to confirm. When we have all pcs actions I'll update ic

Auranghzeb
2024-02-22, 06:42 PM
Sorry the story pace or combat pace? If its the story pace no worries. Ive notice some who post slightly slower so we might divi up groups depending and adjust the storyline that way.

Also how I do init basically its only the first round where it matters. In play by post it slows it down a bunch so I normally roll all enemies together and after they go its all pc's then all enemies then all npcs in that order.

Same issue as Metastachydium, My posting time is a bit off with the rest, I come back to the forums and suddenly there are 10 posts. But it's fine.

gonna meta game just so you guys know some base info. there ac is currently 24 touch 9 flat 24 Just to help rping. If you guys dont want this info in the future feel free to let me know and I can keep it private

Also nice crit dont forget to confirm. When we have all pcs actions I'll update ic

See above, with AC 24 I won't confirm.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-22, 06:48 PM
Noted
Is there a house rule I missed allowing crits on undead, are they not actual undead, or something else?

Auranghzeb
2024-02-22, 06:50 PM
Ah, true, undead... dumb me

zlefin
2024-02-22, 07:21 PM
I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm still supposed to roll init, or if we're arleady on the round after taht so I shouldn't bother with the 'time travel' required for it. I'll have switched to the silver sword, sheathing my other weapons before going in, as I wouldn't know which properties are best required for what we might face, and bows don't work well in caves. Are the silver swords mw? and/or +1? or anything else? I'm gonna assume just MW for now.

init roll if I'm supposed to.
[roll0]

For the second round, which I'm definitely eligible to act in, I'll try to move to a position where I can help flank one of the undead, if they're flankable at all; I'll prioritize getting an attack in over getting into good flanking position though. Also this may shift a bit depending on whether I'm supposed to hvae a rd1 to work with or not and what the roll is.

attack roll
[roll1]
dmg if hit, assuming sword is mw still
[roll2]

ok, so, I miss, and the init question is moot.

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 07:48 PM
Same issue as Metastachydium, My posting time is a bit off with the rest, I come back to the forums and suddenly there are 10 posts. But it's fine.

See above, with AC 24 I won't confirm.

Might pair you guys up together than. I but I dont want to split the group if you guys wouldnt like to as well. A duo campaign is manageable but who knows posting is still gonna be a bit wonky in the earlier stages of the game.

Ah, true, undead... dumb me

Same lol I was mainly worried about them critting you guys so critting was on my mind as well :smallredface:

I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm still supposed to roll init, or if we're arleady on the round after taht so I shouldn't bother with the 'time travel' required for it. I'll have switched to the silver sword, sheathing my other weapons before going in, as I wouldn't know which properties are best required for what we might face, and bows don't work well in caves. Are the silver swords mw? and/or +1? or anything else? I'm gonna assume just MW for now.

init roll if I'm supposed to.
[roll0]

For the second round, which I'm definitely eligible to act in, I'll try to move to a position where I can help flank one of the undead, if they're flankable at all; I'll prioritize getting an attack in over getting into good flanking position though. Also this may shift a bit depending on whether I'm supposed to hvae a rd1 to work with or not and what the roll is.

attack roll
[roll1]
dmg if hit, assuming sword is mw still
[roll2]

ok, so, I miss, and the init question is moot.

Yes they are flankable one is currently hugging and nibbling on someones shoulder :smallredface:

also yep the silver made weps are mw my bad for not stating. You guys got this though! You outnumber them 2 to 1. maybe a tad higher lol.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-22, 08:24 PM
Are they alchemical silver, meaning they deal -1 damage?

Forsaken
2024-02-22, 08:43 PM
Are they alchemical silver, meaning they deal -1 damage?

Yarp also sorry about thinking mr two armed hit ya. Thought your ac was 19 but forgot you had armor it just wasnt in your slot. lol

DeTess
2024-02-23, 03:44 AM
doing some actions and pre-rolling in here so I know how to do the post write up.

note: I'm in the island of blades stance, which means that I'm always flanking any creature that ahs another ally of mine adjacent to it, and allies are always flanking a creature I am adjacent to, no matter the exact positioning.

swift action: burning blade maneuver (adds 1d6+4 fire damage to all attacks this turn)

move action: move up to the two-armed monster

standard action: shadow blade technique.

shadow blade technique allows me to roll twice to hit and pick either roll, dealing bonus damage if I pick the lower one (and still hit)

attack 1: [roll0] (standard bonus is +8, +2 from flanking)
attack 2: [roll1] (standard bonus is +8, +2 from flanking)

damage base: [roll2] (base is 1d8+1, add wis bonus to damage as I'm using a maneuver from my discipline focus school)
damage fire: [roll3]

meneuvers
burning blade
shadow jaunt
mountain hammer
Counter charge
shadow blade technique

edit: welp, that's a miss.

Metastachydium
2024-02-23, 07:50 AM
RaKirah: Cyndred gets to have 16 hp back! (Hey, Forsaken, do tell if B. has to use Reach Spell, and I'll deduct the Turn attempts.)

Might pair you guys up together than. I but I dont want to split the group if you guys wouldnt like to as well. A duo campaign is manageable but who knows posting is still gonna be a bit wonky in the earlier stages of the game.

The thought is appreciated (thanks!), but currently, I mostly do just find it funny how well it plays into Bryanthe's flaw, and as a healer, she's fine acting after the others.

Forsaken
2024-02-23, 04:59 PM
RaKirah: Cyndred gets to have 16 hp back! (Hey, Forsaken, do tell if B. has to use Reach Spell, and I'll deduct the Turn attempts.)

The thought is appreciated (thanks!), but currently, I mostly do just find it funny how well it plays into Bryanthe's flaw, and as a healer, she's fine acting after the others.

Nah you should be good. Also gotcha. Just trying to make sure you all are enjoying it lol

After Cyndred makes his move round two will offically start...just gonna say the divine healing magic might make undead kinda tempted to eat you...:smallredface:

RaiKirah
2024-02-23, 05:09 PM

Oooh, lovely, that helps a lot!

Not sure where we are in the initiative order, but Cyndred will attempt to do the following:

Attack in the grapple: +7 to Hit (+4BAB +6 STR +1 Earth Mastery -4 Grapple) [roll0]
Damage if Hit: 1d3+6 [roll1]

Let me know when I should update in the IC for this round.

Forsaken
2024-02-23, 08:32 PM
Oooh, lovely, that helps a lot!

Not sure where we are in the initiative order, but Cyndred will attempt to do the following:

Attack in the grapple: +7 to Hit (+4BAB +6 STR +1 Earth Mastery -4 Grapple) [roll0]
Damage if Hit: 1d3+6 [roll1]

Let me know when I should update in the IC for this round.

So first round is where init matters because after enemies go its all pcs turns again. It just makes it faster if someone ends up dropping an enemy ill just redirect the attacks to another enemy or reclarify if I catch it before the rest post ic.

Okay so cyndred will get an AoO against the undead giving him a tasty hickey as he felt the healing magic and is changing targets.

Jumping to B [roll0]
Attacking [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If it successfully hits it tries to latch on via grapple
Grapple [roll3]

Ol' One arm tries to Slash into Cyndred again
Attacking [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Then mr two armed trying to get some bacon!
Attacking [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Attacking [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Forsaken
2024-02-23, 08:46 PM
Porky barely dodging lol. Everyone is back up. Good luck fighting the undead. They arent close enough to be flanking anymore. But they are spread out so you guys might be able to gang up on them even as a 3 v1 :o

Dakrsidder
2024-02-23, 10:22 PM
Throwing another deathsbane from the same 20' distance at the same creature, which I assume is the one with two arms, but also spending a point of inspiration on Cunning Insight, so 5-2+4
[roll0] touch

Forsaken
2024-02-23, 10:24 PM
Throwing another deathsbane from the same 20' distance at the same creature, which I assume is the one with two arms, but also spending a point of inspiration on Cunning Insight, so 5-2+4
[roll] touch

noice noice. That ones skins starts to crackle and soften reducing his nat armor by [roll0] for [roll1] minutes

So his ac is 18 now alot better lol.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-23, 10:31 PM
Oh good
I’ll also spend my move to grab a new vial forgot to add that

DeTess
2024-02-24, 02:12 AM
Porky barely dodging lol. Everyone is back up. Good luck fighting the undead. They arent close enough to be flanking anymore. But they are spread out so you guys might be able to gang up on them even as a 3 v1 :o

On flanking, remember that due to my stance, the one's I'm adjacent to are allways flanked if anyone else is adjacent too, which is the two armed one at least (me and porky+ anyone else joining in).

Forsaken
2024-02-24, 03:34 AM
Oh good
I’ll also spend my move to grab a new vial forgot to add that

gotcha gotcha. Them vials are getting low at a fast rate lol. But good thing people in this world make alot of stuff like that. Kinda like the witcher game potions for certain mobs.

On flanking, remember that due to my stance, the one's I'm adjacent to are allways flanked if anyone else is adjacent too, which is the two armed one at least (me and porky+ anyone else joining in).

noice noice. Take em down! lol

DeTess
2024-02-24, 03:45 AM
well then, let's see if I can actually do some damage before I need to spend a full-round action resetting my maneuvers

move action: nothing
standard action: mountain hammer strike: attack deals 2d6 extra damage and ignores DR and hardness

attack roll:
damage roll [roll]1d8+2d6+1

DeTess
2024-02-24, 03:46 AM
that's a hit! rerolling damage as it got messed up. [roll0] +[roll1] (ignores any DR and hardness)

edit:
maneuvers
burning blade
shadow jaunt
mountain hammer
Counter charge
shadow blade technique

zlefin
2024-02-24, 09:27 AM
I'll strike again at the nearest one, moving to a flanking position if I can safely, and preferring to target the one weakened by the deathsbane; but it's hard to tell descriptively how many of us are in position to do that.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-24, 10:36 AM
Porky gonna swing again, this time with flanking from someone's island of blade and the bonus from a masterwork weapon!

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage

Forsaken
2024-02-24, 11:29 AM
that's a hit! rerolling damage as it got messed up. [roll0] +[roll1] (ignores any DR and hardness)

edit:
maneuvers
burning blade
shadow jaunt
mountain hammer
Counter charge
shadow blade technique

Nice some damage in!

I'll strike again at the nearest one, moving to a flanking position if I can safely, and preferring to target the one weakened by the deathsbane; but it's hard to tell descriptively how many of us are in position to do that.

[roll0]
[roll1]

I believe you are in the last spot now so its porky detess and you againt mr two armed lol

Porky gonna swing again, this time with flanking from someone's island of blade and the bonus from a masterwork weapon!

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage

Noice! 31 total damage to mr two arms he is also biting the dust again! buahaha

Metastachydium
2024-02-24, 02:27 PM
So first round is where init matters because after enemies go its all pcs turns again. It just makes it faster if someone ends up dropping an enemy ill just redirect the attacks to another enemy or reclarify if I catch it before the rest post ic.

Okay so cyndred will get an AoO against the undead giving him a tasty hickey as he felt the healing magic and is changing targets.

Jumping to B [roll0]
Attacking [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If it successfully hits it tries to latch on via grapple
Grapple [roll3]

Oh, man. I'm not even gonna roll to oppose that grapple; B. literally can't go nearly as high with a roll. And quite amusingly, her Escape Artist is worse than her grapple modifier.

So… Pathetic attack it is: [roll0] for [roll1] silvered piercing.

tonberryking
2024-02-24, 07:14 PM
Wait, did I miss rolling for initiative? I didn't act last round b/c Loba still needs her move action to form the mind blade.

Pretty sure she just exploded whatever's attacking Bryanthe, though.

Forsaken
2024-02-25, 02:28 PM
Since its been two days since my last ic post i'll throw another out there if anyone didnt react or if I missed it I'm sorry . Counted a total of 6 actions missing two but I also like to keep a constant pace going. So from now on especially for combat rounds I'll do a two day wait before next round of combat. Lastly if you post actions in ooc but dont follow up with an IC rp even if its only a line or two I realize it slows down my time as well :smallredface: so if possible even if its a swing and a miss please say so in IC just to make it a tad smoother on my end. Thank ya :smallbiggrin: if you need more from me let me know as well.

Round 3 fight!

No legs against B (-3hp)

Biting attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
After this attack its going to try and pin you to start feasting on you :smalleek: (just gonna be immobile and take a -4 ac but can still act normally expect immobile. More fluff than anything i think)
Pinning (grapple) [roll2]

To cyndred once more due to undead being mindless and attacking the closest person next to him
Ol' One arm
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Mr Two armed is getting messed up lol (-31hp)
Attack to Spidery in retaliation [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Attack to Zlefin due to being the second one to hit him [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Porky is scott free this round :o but than again he was tanking them all xD

After results I'll update ic then everyone back up!

tonberryking
2024-02-25, 03:18 PM
...What about Loba's attack?

zlefin
2024-02-25, 03:57 PM
I hadn' tdone my IC post at the time because I wasn't sure if i'd hit or not, since I didn't know for sure which one I was attacking due to the theater of mind stuff and positioning being unclear, and with one of them having less armor than others atm.
Similarly if flanking would make a difference to a hit, I need to know whteher or not I'm flanking to write the IC.

I'll strike to try to finish off this weakened one, or if it's already down by someone else's action, move onto another ac reduced one, and/or one I can flank.

[roll0]
[roll1]

damage tken so far: 14 (most of it to the barrier, so healing won't help as yet, no real need anyways).

Forsaken
2024-02-25, 04:24 PM
...What about Loba's attack?

ah sorry missed seeing it when I was making the ic post. Ill edit the hit in thanks for catching that :smallwink:

so half a man undead should be at -20 hp nice way more hurt than I thought.

editted the ic to includer lobas attack! (I think i overlooked in maybe due to the rolls being in an ooc spoiler in Ic thread. Normally I read those as comments but look into ooc for more of the damage rolls and combat actions my bad 2.0)

Dakrsidder
2024-02-25, 06:18 PM
Tbf, there isn’t much else I can do here; it’s either chuck something, grease, or run up and do minimal damage. Not too familiar with The Witcher, but icic

With that in mind, I’ll get within 20’ of the one-armed undead and once again toss a deathsbane with Cunning Insight
[roll0] touch

Forsaken
2024-02-25, 06:34 PM
Tbf, there isn’t much else I can do here; it’s either chuck something, grease, or run up and do minimal damage. Not too familiar with The Witcher, but icic

With that in mind, I’ll get within 20’ of the one-armed undead and once again toss a deathsbane with Cunning Insight
[roll0] touch

That does hit lol. You could always dowse yourself in it and give the undead hugs? :smallamused:

Dakrsidder
2024-02-25, 06:43 PM
Oh, right forgot to roll the effects
[roll0] [roll1]

I’d crumble after 2 hits; bit too risky

Seems the one-armed one is in for a bad time

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-25, 07:21 PM
Porkys gonna try to angle his special attack [Supreme Charge] to overrun the undead in front of him, and then run through and shoulder check the grappling undead off of our party member. Gonna do my best not to hit any allies.

2/8 [Supreme Charge] A powerful and deadly charge. Dealing [roll0] in a 15ft cone going 60ft. Creatures in the attack must make a DC of (15) to resist being flung and knocked prone. (Cooldown of [roll1] rounds)

Forsaken
2024-02-25, 09:19 PM
Oh, right forgot to roll the effects
[roll0] [roll1]

I’d crumble after 2 hits; bit too risky

Seems the one-armed one is in for a bad time

lol maybe also thanks for them rolls his ac drops a bunch lol

Ol one armed ac is 12 now :smallbiggrin: I cant believe I forgot to rollz it

Porkys gonna try to angle his special attack [Supreme Charge] to overrun the undead in front of him, and then run through and shoulder check the grappling undead off of our party member. Gonna do my best not to hit any allies.

2/8 [Supreme Charge] A powerful and deadly charge. Dealing [roll0] in a 15ft cone going 60ft. Creatures in the attack must make a DC of (15) to resist being flung and knocked prone. (Cooldown of [roll1] rounds)

Forgot to roll the attack my bad. [roll0]
Since its going through some squares I feel we should lower it by 4 due to trying to avoid enemies but then also giving you a flanking bonus so it be -2 lol

Strength saves not that I think they will be needing it lol

Two armed[roll1]
No legs [roll2]

edit: yep nope a 28 you manage to avoid every pc while slamming two undead with an insta kill rush. Now the only one left has its ac reduced to 12 lol. Rip him.

DeTess
2024-02-26, 02:46 AM
@Forsaken, a small correction on your IC post, Eria is not using blades but good old fisticuffs :P

Metastachydium
2024-02-26, 11:05 AM
You could always dowse yourself in it and give the undead hugs? :smallamused:

Bryanthe: No, no, no, bad idea!

@Everyone: Is anyone other than my idiot Aasimar (yes, close with the grapple-happy Undead, it will work out fine!) and (I believe) Cyndred hurt? The parts of B. that aren't currently partly digested reddish goo are free to distribute heals!

DeTess
2024-02-26, 11:50 AM
Bryanthe: No, no, no, bad idea!

@Everyone: Is anyone other than my idiot Aasimar (yes, close with the grapple-happy Undead, it will work out fine!) and (I believe) Cyndred hurt? The parts of B. that aren't currently partly digested reddish goo are free to distribute heals!

I took a hit just now, and I think Zlefin too? I'm still above half health, but not by much.

Metastachydium
2024-02-26, 02:28 PM
I took a hit just now, and I think Zlefin too? I'm still above half health, but not by much.

Okay, thanks. Maynard apparently doesn't need healing right now because of the perk barrier thing.That means Cyndred is at 6 hp, and is first priotity, and Eria's next. With some luck, combat will be over by then and nothing eats the bits of B. that are not already eaten.

Metastachydium
2024-02-26, 02:29 PM
Damn it, forgot the roll. CMW on Cyndred: [roll0]

Forsaken
2024-02-26, 02:44 PM
@Forsaken, a small correction on your IC post, Eria is not using blades but good old fisticuffs :P

ah yes my bad lol. My brain is still on warblades will reflect it on ic. :smallwink:

Okay, thanks. Maynard apparently doesn't need healing right now because of the perk barrier thing.That means Cyndred is at 6 hp, and is first priotity, and Eria's next. With some luck, combat will be over by then and nothing eats the bits of B. that are not already eaten.

yep maynard only recieved 4 points of damage barrier ftw! Also you shouldnt get eaten anymore than you have lol. Unless you charge headfirst into the last zombies mouth with his ac of 12 :smallbiggrin:

Metastachydium
2024-02-26, 02:49 PM
Also you shouldnt get eaten anymore than you have lol. Unless you charge headfirst into the last zombies mouth with his ac of 12 :smallbiggrin:

Technically, there's a whole Cyndred sandwiched in-between this time?

Forsaken
2024-02-26, 02:55 PM

Technically, there's a whole Cyndred sandwiched in-between this time?

well...the other zombie pushed off him and gave you a couple nips lol...

Also surprised you didnt try this :smallbiggrin:

3/8 Sanctified Healing: As a bonus action you may heal up to two creatures for half of a healing spell you cast.

Couldve healed you and him you hp of 12 is kinda worrisome :smalleek:

edit That is a bonus action that can follow a spell :smallredface: meaning you just healed cyndred for 16 but you could use your perk and heal up to two more people 8 hp each. I hope that makes sense :smallbiggrin: makes a single heal spell an aoe heal spell. Just not as effective but still pretty good like a heal potion

Dakrsidder
2024-02-26, 03:02 PM
I assume you mean swift action? 5e do be like that sometimes

Forsaken
2024-02-26, 03:05 PM
I assume you mean swift action? 5e do be like that sometimes

yep yep been watching critical roll a bit to much haha :smallredface:

DeTess
2024-02-26, 03:06 PM
well...the other zombie pushed off him and gave you a couple nips lol...

Also surprised you didnt try this :smallbiggrin:

3/8 Sanctified Healing: As a bonus action you may heal up to two creatures for half of a healing spell you cast.

Couldve healed you and him you hp of 12 is kinda worrisome :smalleek:

edit That is a bonus action that can follow a spell :smallredface: meaning you just healed cyndred for 16 but you could use your perk and heal up to two more people 8 hp each. I hope that makes sense :smallbiggrin: makes a single heal spell an aoe heal spell. Just not as effective but still pretty good like a heal potion

Hate to be that girl, but in 3.5 it'd be a swift action (probably?). There are no bonus actions in 3.5 like there are in 5e, but swift actions are very similar (1/turn minor action), though with the added note that they share a slot with immediate actions (interrupt off-turn, consumes your swift action on your next turn).

edit: oops got ninja-ed

Forsaken
2024-02-26, 03:16 PM
Hate to be that girl, but in 3.5 it'd be a swift action (probably?). There are no bonus actions in 3.5 like there are in 5e, but swift actions are very similar (1/turn minor action), though with the added note that they share a slot with immediate actions (interrupt off-turn, consumes your swift action on your next turn).

edit: oops got ninja-ed

we've been getting alot of ninjas in this campaign lately lol. But yep my brain has been blurring 5e Pathfinder and 3.5 a bit more recently. But it works just let me know when I make an error and ill fix it lol. Makes it better in the long run.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-26, 03:57 PM
And somehow, porky has not been injured yet.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-26, 04:06 PM
Actually, I just looked back and I think one of the attacks should’ve hit, as it rolled a 24, which meets pre-rage

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-26, 04:38 PM
*double checks*

Blood has been drawn!!!

1 point of damage from normal max due to DR and rage hp

Metastachydium
2024-02-27, 08:10 AM
*double checks*

Blood has been drawn!!!

1 point of damage from normal max due to DR and rage hp

Porky is GLORIOUS.

(…)

Oh. I blanked out on that, thanks. This pathetic excuse of a CMW is not the best use of the thing, but yeah, I'll edit that in if you don't mind (meaning Eria gets 8 hp too!).

zlefin
2024-02-27, 08:13 AM
My ability to take a hit for someone, do I activate it before the to-hit rolls are made or after? and if the latter does it then become an auto-hit on me?

Forsaken
2024-02-27, 03:21 PM
My ability to take a hit for someone, do I activate it before the to-hit rolls are made or after? and if the latter does it then become an auto-hit on me?

You do it afterwards. But yes it does mean its an auto hit on you. Its pretty useful lol you can be like one of those guys in the movies and tv. Looks lethal for the person blood spurts out. Cuts to commerical. Then we come back to you being a champ taking the hit. lol Then you monologue and everyone tears up xD (when it evovles it gets pretty gnarly lol

Forsaken
2024-02-27, 03:23 PM
Porky is GLORIOUS.

Oh. I blanked out on that, thanks. This pathetic excuse of a CMW is not the best use of the thing, but yeah, I'll edit that in if you don't mind (meaning Eria gets 8 hp too!).

Yep that works. Just one more clarrification. You can heal up to two. But that also doesnt include the first target for healing though. So it could be a 16 main, 8 one, 8 two. For a total of three people. But it cant be the same person multiple times though.

Forsaken
2024-02-27, 03:31 PM
To ja from last one standing (-8hp)

[roll0]
[roll1]

Then everyone up to murder it. Rekill it? Undead the undead it? idk lol

zlefin
2024-02-27, 07:31 PM
Pretty straightforward, attacking the one remaining, no need for anything fancy at this point, not that I have much in terms of fancy options anyways.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dakrsidder
2024-02-27, 10:06 PM
Seeing as the rest of the party probably has this, I'll just begin a quick search around the area in case there's treasure or something interesting to find
[roll0] Search

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-27, 11:32 PM
Porky moves over to the last of the undead, charging to gain a big more accuracy without an ally to give him flanking.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DeTess
2024-02-28, 03:09 AM
Time for another fire and ice combo:

Move: move up to the last monster:
Swift: burning blade boost
Standard: shadow blade technique
Roll 1: [roll0]
Roll 2: [roll1]
Bludgeoning damage: [roll2]
Fire damage: [roll3]
Cold damage (only if lower attack roll hits): [roll4]

Metastachydium
2024-02-28, 07:31 AM
Okay, with all those hits, I'm pretty sure that thing doesn't possess a bodily form anymore, so HEALS TIME!

For Cyndred, another CMW: [roll0];

for Eria, a Cleric's CLW, I'm not gonna roll because it restores at least as many hp she's missing, i.e. 5 (actually, its minimum output is 6, but Eria doesn't need as much);

and for B. herself, a Healer's CLW: [roll1].

Would Porky like that 1 hp restored?

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-28, 10:06 AM
Save your magic, 1 hp isn't worth a first lvl spell

Metastachydium
2024-02-28, 01:41 PM
Save your magic, 1 hp isn't worth a first lvl spell

B. has orisons as well! The Cleric ones only heal 3 hp each!

Forsaken
2024-02-28, 07:24 PM
yep yep he is so unalive now. xD

Random loot in the room including all the corpses and misc goods.

577 gp, 10 sp, 8 cp

2 x Broken Carts (8 gp, 10sp 200 lb)
Grindstone (10 gp)
Lapis Lazuli (11 gp)
Violet Garnet (600 gp)
Grappling Hook (1 gp, 4 lb)
7 x Iron Bar (1 sp, 5 lb)
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp)
Potion of Invisibility (300 gp)
Damaged Noble's Outfit (30 gp, 10 lb)
Pavilion Tent (100 gp, 300 lb)
Small Iron Box (1 gp, 20 lb) (locked dc 25)
Chain Mail*
Silver Shield*
Onyx Ring*

Dakrsidder
2024-02-28, 09:31 PM
Would you say using a lock impression would be a valid way to open the lock, or nah, as it takes away from the open lock skill?

DeTess
2024-02-29, 12:48 AM
As long as you don't mind losing the box, Eria can get it open.

Dakrsidder
2024-02-29, 01:05 AM
Yes, I suppose smashing it to pieces would be faster. Might as well go for it in that case.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-02-29, 05:16 AM
4 rounds of rage. Porky deals with 4 rounds of exhaustion, then starts moving

Metastachydium
2024-02-29, 02:27 PM
As long as you don't mind losing the box, Eria can get it open.

Yes, I suppose smashing it to pieces would be faster. Might as well go for it in that case.

DESTROY ALL IN OUR PATH!! I approve.

Forsaken
2024-02-29, 03:24 PM
yes YES destroy the box containing an ancient demon sealed in a glass bottle buhahahahahaha

All jokes aside. Yep that can work lol. Note to self no more iron boxes :smallbiggrin:

But dont worry its just arm wraps nothing special at all. Just has some small yellow gemstones that gleam in the light is all.

(Armwraps dont take a slot)

Dakrsidder
2024-02-29, 04:41 PM
I'm guessing even though part of the perk is called soul flame, it's not going to do much against a ghost possessing someone other than destroy the vessel?

Unless someone has a ward against evil, a similar ability, or a way to attack it directly, it's seeming as though we're gonna have to leave the cave or something like that

Forsaken
2024-02-29, 05:02 PM
I'm guessing even though part of the perk is called soul flame, it's not going to do much against a ghost possessing someone other than destroy the vessel?

Unless someone has a ward against evil, a similar ability, or a way to attack it directly, it's seeming as though we're gonna have to leave the cave or something like that

You could always try it and see what happens lol. Perks are fun as you can do alot more than their stat block

Dakrsidder
2024-02-29, 05:47 PM
If they fail the save all 5 times and it rolls 3 every time, that's 15 con... actually, is it damage or drain? In the description, constitution damage & ability drain are mentioned. Anyway, it could turn bad real quick, which is why I hesitate, especially as it's the body that becomes icy shards, but I'm willing to try.

Forsaken
2024-03-01, 02:16 AM
If they fail the save all 5 times and it rolls 3 every time, that's 15 con... actually, is it damage or drain? In the description, constitution damage & ability drain are mentioned. Anyway, it could turn bad real quick, which is why I hesitate, especially as it's the body that becomes icy shards, but I'm willing to try.

It does damage to the stat but gives you hp back sorry if I worded that wrong but yep its pretty strong. Max is 45 con damage if you spam it on one target lol thats pretty lethal.

Dakrsidder
2024-03-01, 10:37 AM
Idk about you, but I don't think she has 15 con, let alone 45 heh

I assume it's a melee touch attack? If so, am once again using Cunning Insight

[roll0]

RaiKirah
2024-03-01, 07:07 PM
Sorry friends - life got weird and I can't promise it won't continue to be. If Cyndred is still alive somehow please consider him to have wandered off into the wastes. Good luck, have fun, and my apologies for disappearing :(

Forsaken
2024-03-02, 02:00 PM
Spectral Slash to Ekkehardt
Attack
Damage [roll2d6 + CON damage [roll1]
SAVE DC 25 Fort save

Grand Slash counter attack {successful if attack hits higher than attacker. Damage is reduced by the difference in damage. If more damage than the attackers it then receives the extra damage}
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3] + Slash [roll4]

Lets see if he holds up to his skills

Forsaken
2024-03-02, 02:02 PM
[roll0]

my bad lol. Also was a close call he rolled horribly

Metastachydium
2024-03-02, 02:19 PM
Sorry friends - life got weird and I can't promise it won't continue to be. If Cyndred is still alive somehow please consider him to have wandered off into the wastes. Good luck, have fun, and my apologies for disappearing :(

NO! It took a lot of healing to keep him alive there (which he is)! (Also, he was cool. I'm sad now.)

Forsaken
2024-03-02, 02:25 PM
NO! It took a lot of healing to keep him alive there (which he is)! (Also, he was cool. I'm sad now.)

messaged him privately you kept his character alive he might be able to return in the future! Either as npc or pc

Metastachydium
2024-03-02, 02:44 PM
Much appreciated! (He's at full health, by the way, if that makes a return more likely.)

Forsaken
2024-03-02, 02:53 PM
Much appreciated! (He's at full health, by the way, if that makes a return more likely.)

I just realized that ive been ninjaed by you in IC game lol. I am a slow typer/uploader. How would you like us to do this? :smalltongue:

Metastachydium
2024-03-02, 03:07 PM
Well. If the girl is hurt, the Reach CLW goes off: [roll0] (I think using the weaker Cleric one here makes sense, as B. has little reason to assume the girl had that many hp to begin with).

Dakrsidder
2024-03-02, 05:05 PM
The ghost is a demon and not a fiend that's actually a devil, right? Can make a knowledge check if necessary, asking as the former would probably kill the girl out of spite while trying to escape, at least one by the books

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-03-02, 05:06 PM
Should Porky hug the little girl so she can't run from the exorcism?

Dakrsidder
2024-03-02, 05:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure how effective the perk is for that purpose; I didn't get to see the effect on that attempt, so dunno. If it's direct damage, whether or not it's in the body, it probably won't leave; if it's damage contingent on a body, it might leave; if it disrupts the possession, that's even better; but with the threat to drag her down, it might not be a good idea to test idk

Forsaken
2024-03-03, 04:16 PM
The ghost is a demon and not a fiend that's actually a devil, right? Can make a knowledge check if necessary, asking as the former would probably kill the girl out of spite while trying to escape, at least one by the books

You could make a knowledge check yep its not super high to know what it is though.

I'm not entirely sure how effective the perk is for that purpose; I didn't get to see the effect on that attempt, so dunno. If it's direct damage, whether or not it's in the body, it probably won't leave; if it's damage contingent on a body, it might leave; if it disrupts the possession, that's even better; but with the threat to drag her down, it might not be a good idea to test idk

Yea 11 wasnt enough to break the ac of the possessed girl.

Constructing a new ic now.

Dakrsidder
2024-03-03, 06:04 PM
[roll0] K. Planes

Assumed so

Metastachydium
2024-03-04, 07:11 AM
Shall I take it that the girl didn't need healing, then?

Forsaken
2024-03-04, 06:59 PM
[roll0] K. Planes

Assumed so

You know that its a dread wraith not a demon more of a ghost. This one seems stronger than the others but due to the captain its heavily wounded.

Shall I take it that the girl didn't need healing, then?

Currently the wraith possessing her isnt letting anyone except maynard get close to it. But afterwords that healing would kick in yep.

zlefin
2024-03-05, 10:58 AM
I've no intention to fight the possession of course, I thought that was clear.

I'm basically just gonna be waiting now until stuff happens such that I'm not possessed.

Forsaken
2024-03-05, 06:10 PM
I've no intention to fight the possession of course, I thought that was clear.

I'm basically just gonna be waiting now until stuff happens such that I'm not possessed.

Got it but had to give ya one last chance. Are you wanting anyone to escort or stick back with you? Your last IC had me slightly confused on that. Or are you fully letting the wraith possess your body and run away into the night with you with no one sticking by you or hanging back?

After that info I'll update the IC :smallbiggrin:

zlefin
2024-03-06, 07:44 AM
I said what I said, I assume people will follow that plan and follow at a reasonable distance so that it's risky for the demon to abscond with the body, but not so close that they could just kill us both to be done with the demon or pull off somethin fancy. At any rate, what others do is outside my control, I get possessed and then the others do whatever actions they choose to take. How they choose to handle the situation is up to their chars not mine.

I thought it was claer that a distant escort was the proposed plan.

PS Maynard well knows he might not come out of this alive, but it gets the Captain back and will help save the town, and he didn' tsee a better plan nor did anyone else seem to have a better plan.

Forsaken
2024-03-07, 03:59 PM
I said what I said, I assume people will follow that plan and follow at a reasonable distance so that it's risky for the demon to abscond with the body, but not so close that they could just kill us both to be done with the demon or pull off somethin fancy. At any rate, what others do is outside my control, I get possessed and then the others do whatever actions they choose to take. How they choose to handle the situation is up to their chars not mine.

I thought it was claer that a distant escort was the proposed plan.

PS Maynard well knows he might not come out of this alive, but it gets the Captain back and will help save the town, and he didn' tsee a better plan nor did anyone else seem to have a better plan.

self sacrifice ftw lol. If anyone wants to try and follow you they could jump into the ic b thread. If not it be a solo adventure for awhile lol. I was tempted to have Gerald attack you but with how honorable you acted I let him accept your sacrifice and he protect his daughter.

Dakrsidder
2024-03-07, 09:55 PM
As said in my earlier post, going to pocket treasure before moving on, so taking anything without a listed weight can sort it out later. Referring to 577 gp, 10 sp, 8 cp, Grindstone, Lapis Lazuli, Violet Garnet, and the Onyx Ring.

zlefin
2024-03-08, 10:36 AM
I too had pondered the plan of just killing the demon once it was inside me; or trying to kill it while spamming heals on me in the hopes that I survive while it dies. But there was no safe way to communicate that plan without tipping it off; and the captain seemed unwilling to try to do that plan on his daughter, hence the need to break the impasse.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-03-08, 01:27 PM
So.... what happens if porky rushes up and knocks out our possessed friend with non lethal damage?

zlefin
2024-03-08, 02:13 PM
A fine question, but I think we can safely assume non-lethal damage to the body doesn't stop the demon/whatever it is from doing stuff, otherwise the captain would've just non-lethal'd his daughter.

I forgot to do one of the strats I'd thought of: tearing off a piece of my clothes to give to you guys so you could track by scent more easily in case things go wrong.

Forsaken:
Remember to add links at the opening post, both from the existing threads to the IC B, and in the IC B to the other threads.

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-03-08, 02:37 PM
True, but if we bring back your unconscious body, maybe we can bathe you in holy water and salt to drive out the demon?

Dakrsidder
2024-03-08, 02:45 PM
I considered the possibility of attacking it after it transferred to someone tankier, but I see three reasons not to.

First, it can coup de grace you; even if it failed to kill, it would maim the character horribly until we managed to find something to remove the drain, seeing as it’d be 2d8 (average of 9) constitution drain. Second, seeing as the captain only seemed able to directly attack it on a counter, my character may've been the only one who could potentially damage it unless it retaliated or stopped possession, and even if it was heavily weakened, it’s still a dread wraith, so things would probably go badly. Lastly, assuming its alignment isn’t changed, it is lawful, so letting the deal run its course allows us to avoid dealing with the high chance of a character death.

Forsaken
2024-03-08, 04:45 PM
As said in my earlier post, going to pocket treasure before moving on, so taking anything without a listed weight can sort it out later. Referring to 577 gp, 10 sp, 8 cp, Grindstone, Lapis Lazuli, Violet Garnet, and the Onyx Ring.

Seems like nobody is stopping you. Where is your character heading though? You gots the loot lol

A fine question, but I think we can safely assume non-lethal damage to the body doesn't stop the demon/whatever it is from doing stuff, otherwise the captain would've just non-lethal'd his daughter.

I forgot to do one of the strats I'd thought of: tearing off a piece of my clothes to give to you guys so you could track by scent more easily in case things go wrong.

Forsaken:
Remember to add links at the opening post, both from the existing threads to the IC B, and in the IC B to the other threads.

Ah thanks for the reminder will update those in a bit. Also the captain was worried the wraith would kill his daughter i.e blood coming out of her face in a threat.

True, but if we bring back your unconscious body, maybe we can bathe you in holy water and salt to drive out the demon?

Bold choice trying to drag an unconscious person with a wraith trapped in them at night when all the baddies roam free. :smallbiggrin: Also whats porky deciding on doing?

I considered the possibility of attacking it after it transferred to someone tankier, but I see three reasons not to.

First, it can coup de grace you; even if it failed to kill, it would maim the character horribly until we managed to find something to remove the drain, seeing as it’d be 2d8 (average of 9) constitution drain. Second, seeing as the captain only seemed able to directly attack it on a counter, my character may've been the only one who could potentially damage it unless it retaliated or stopped possession, and even if it was heavily weakened, it’s still a dread wraith, so things would probably go badly. Lastly, assuming its alignment isn’t changed, it is lawful, so letting the deal run its course allows us to avoid dealing with the high chance of a character death.

Dread wraiths are fun. lol But this one is uber hurt and lost its squad of undead. So is desperate for anything. Like an animal trapped in a corner :smalleek:

Dakrsidder
2024-03-08, 05:23 PM
I suppose I intend to exit the pit and backtrack near the cave where the guards were assumed to be, perhaps a bit of sneaking around too

The drain is certainly something

Metastachydium
2024-03-09, 02:09 PM
Hm. I was tempted to have B. just do the dumb thing and run after, but she really is quite that bad at stealth (and running (and survival (and…))) and the kind of person who'd trust Eria's assessment of the situation. Still, if you folks think Team Running Wraith needs a healer around, anyone else who follows those too can just feel free to grab her and drag her along.

Forsaken
2024-03-10, 12:19 PM
Hm. I was tempted to have B. just do the dumb thing and run after, but she really is quite that bad at stealth (and running (and survival (and…))) and the kind of person who'd trust Eria's assessment of the situation. Still, if you folks think Team Running Wraith needs a healer around, anyone else who follows those too can just feel free to grab her and drag her along.

Either way works lol. Im mainly just waiting on some more pc decisions. Gerald doesnt really need healing he is only slighlty scuffed up. His daughter could use about 10 points though.

Metastachydium
2024-03-11, 07:24 AM
Either way works lol. Im mainly just waiting on some more pc decisions. Gerald doesnt really need healing he is only slighlty scuffed up. His daughter could use about 10 points though.

Let's make it a 9, and I'll deduct a Healer's Cure Minor (I love jacked-up cantrips)! You want me to declare it IC? If not, feel free to put it in the narration that the girl's healed.

Forsaken
2024-03-11, 05:13 PM
Let's make it a 9, and I'll deduct a Healer's Cure Minor (I love jacked-up cantrips)! You want me to declare it IC? If not, feel free to put it in the narration that the girl's healed.

Nah thats all good. She will be unconscious still though. Not due to being at almost full hp but because wraith is pretty damaging for the mind.

Gonna updated the IC Its been a bit. Sorry if you havent posted but gotta keep this moving lol .

Dakrsidder
2024-03-11, 05:50 PM
Within the last week, a total of 5 players have spoken within one or more of the threads; it'd probably require prompting to get anything out of the remaining holdouts

DeTess
2024-03-12, 01:30 AM
@forsaken, I'm going to need some info on my surroundings. I understand it is foresty, but how dense? And how are light levels? Any shadows I could go invisible in with my ring?

zlefin
2024-03-12, 07:27 AM
hmm, not looking promising for me, but I knew the risks. Though I had hoped more would be on the team to deal with the fiend if they reneged. Or the captain would be able to follow swiftly enough to make short work of us both. But I guess he interpreted what I said a bit differently, and very understandably went straight back to town. I figured people would follow at ~200 feet, so a whole gang would be able to take chase very easily if the fiend reneges, that was my whole point about making it a risk for it to do so.

zlefin
2024-03-12, 07:35 AM
Maynard will try fighting to take control for however long that works

[roll0]

Forsaken
2024-03-12, 07:33 PM
@forsaken, I'm going to need some info on my surroundings. I understand it is foresty, but how dense? And how are light levels? Any shadows I could go invisible in with my ring?

Since its night time you have plenty of darkness to sneak around in. This current spot is semi dense but not to the point where it would hinder movement or combat.

hmm, not looking promising for me, but I knew the risks. Though I had hoped more would be on the team to deal with the fiend if they reneged. Or the captain would be able to follow swiftly enough to make short work of us both. But I guess he interpreted what I said a bit differently, and very understandably went straight back to town. I figured people would follow at ~200 feet, so a whole gang would be able to take chase very easily if the fiend reneges, that was my whole point about making it a risk for it to do so.

Ah my bad. Captain Gerald was thinking this guy is sacrificing himself for my daughter and the town. Respecting your wishes he rushes back to defend the town. But the day after he probably would have chased you down to put your corpse to rest. If in fact you were a corpse at the time. You almost broke the possession first try to lol. You got this. Since you were so close you are hindering the wraiths control. Kinda like grappling him with your mind. lol You going to get a +2 bonus for being so close on your next roll to oppose him.

DeTess
2024-03-13, 01:49 AM
Eria is trying to see if the monster keeps coming at her, or goes after the spot she spoke from to determine if it could actually see her or not.

zlefin
2024-03-13, 07:35 AM
How often can I reattempt to take control? I assume the same time limits would apply to how often it can also make reattempts to control. Depending on the frequency it could end up passing back and forth a lot.

Metastachydium
2024-03-13, 08:05 AM
Let's see:

Heal to see just how injured everyone is: [roll0], then
4 Healer's Cure Minors for 9 hp healed by each on four unconscious guards (which should put them back into commission even if they are at -9),
a Cleric's CLW for the fifth: [roll1] for the fifth.

Metastachydium
2024-03-13, 08:09 AM
Let's see:

Heal to see just how injured everyone is: [roll0], then
4 Healer's Cure Minors for 9 hp healed by each on four unconscious guards (which should put them back into commission even if they are at -9),
a Cleric's CLW for the fifth: [roll1] for the fifth.

Okay, Unnconscious Guard gets a Cleric's Cure Minor, for 9 points too.

The remaining three Cleric's CLWs get distribujted among conscious, but heavily injured soldiers, prioritizing any that are conscious but staggered:
[roll0],
[roll1],
[roll2].

The whole process takes roughly a minute.

Auranghzeb
2024-03-13, 10:07 AM
Sorry, I got completely disconnected from events due to both my lack of time last week and Ja's inability to contribute anything to the situation. Will hook myself back today.

Forsaken
2024-03-13, 08:26 PM
Eria is trying to see if the monster keeps coming at her, or goes after the spot she spoke from to determine if it could actually see her or not.

It does have lifesense so if your within 60ft it knows where you are sadly

How often can I reattempt to take control? I assume the same time limits would apply to how often it can also make reattempts to control. Depending on the frequency it could end up passing back and forth a lot.

Once per round but if you succeed in fighting it off it cant repossess you for 24 hours so it would then materialize

Okay, Unnconscious Guard gets a Cleric's Cure Minor, for 9 points too.

The remaining three Cleric's CLWs get distribujted among conscious, but heavily injured soldiers, prioritizing any that are conscious but staggered:
[roll0],
[roll1],
[roll2].

The whole process takes roughly a minute.

lol your a healing champ. Basically bringing them into decent fighting force. As the guards stabilizes themselves so they would be awake and ready to head back

Sorry, I got completely disconnected from events due to both my lack of time last week and Ja's inability to contribute anything to the situation. Will hook myself back today.

Its all good this week ive been slower as well. Work is making me exshauted as I wake up at 240am and dont get back home till almost 2 then have errands daily and end up running on about 4 hours of sleep

DeTess
2024-03-14, 01:19 AM
It does have lifesense so if your within 60ft it knows where you are sadly

Is that something I could/would know in character? Or more general about the limits to senses like this?

Edit: and what kind of action is it to turn into spider form with a concentration check, and can I choose not to change if I fail the roll?

Forsaken
2024-03-14, 05:13 AM
Is that something I could/would know in character? Or more general about the limits to senses like this?

Edit: and what kind of action is it to turn into spider form with a concentration check, and can I choose not to change if I fail the roll?

Yea its a concentration check and if you fail you cant change but can rp it as choosing not to. To drop fangs in humanoid form though is free and doesnt require a con check

You also wouldnt know about the wraiths ability you probably can figure out the limits if you test it out though yes. I was just giving you some extra ooc knowledge to try to help lol

DeTess
2024-03-14, 05:49 AM
Yea its a concentration check and if you fail you cant change but can rp it as choosing not to. To drop fangs in humanoid form though is free and doesnt require a con check

You also wouldnt know about the wraiths ability you probably can figure out the limits if you test it out though yes. I was just giving you some extra ooc knowledge to try to help lol

What kind of action is changing though? Standard, swift, full-round, etc.?

zlefin
2024-03-14, 09:59 AM
Maynard struggling again to regain control, iirc i'm supposed to roll in here so the narration in the IC thread is more focused.

an extra +2 for what you said about temporary bonus for being close.

[roll0]

tonberryking
2024-03-14, 03:34 PM
My apologies.

Due to unexpected life situations, my normally slower posting rate, I realize that while it's been fun if brief, I need to bow out of this game.

I'm sorry, but it's definitely a me not you kinda deal, and I wish the rest of you luck!

Forsaken
2024-03-15, 07:33 PM
What kind of action is changing though? Standard, swift, full-round, etc.?

Fangs are a freebie full transformation is a standard action atm

Maynard struggling again to regain control, iirc i'm supposed to roll in here so the narration in the IC thread is more focused.

an extra +2 for what you said about temporary bonus for being close.

[roll0]

Ah sadly since you weren't in a 5 range you couldn't affect his actions and lose the +2 on the next attempt.

My apologies.

Due to unexpected life situations, my normally slower posting rate, I realize that while it's been fun if brief, I need to bow out of this game.

I'm sorry, but it's definitely a me not you kinda deal, and I wish the rest of you luck!

Its all good! I hope everything gets better soon for you! Thanks for playing when you were able to. :smallsmile:

DeTess
2024-03-16, 04:47 AM
Alright, got a sneaky plan. please don't screw me here, dice:

concentration: [roll0]

edit: well, damnit.

Metastachydium
2024-03-16, 12:23 PM
My apologies.

NOOO! Not the creepy Elf person!

YESS! The more arms the merrier!

Forsaken
2024-03-19, 03:26 AM
Alright, got a sneaky plan. please don't screw me here, dice:

concentration: [roll0]

edit: well, damnit.

lol thats how luck always seems to happen.

NOOO! Not the creepy Elf person!

YESS! The more arms the merrier!

So many arms :smalleek:

sorry for the delay everyone. Im updating all ics now. Irl got me busy mother came down and visited sis for nephews first birthday :smallredface: but back and ready to dnd buhahaha

Forsaken
2024-03-19, 04:12 AM
As combat is in IC B gonna roll the first attack in the 1v 1.5 lol which is the 1.5 will never know? :3

The possessed Maynard (Crippled)

Attack [roll0] Maynard holding it back
Damage [roll1]+ [roll2] con damage

After that post everyone is up!

edit; oh fudge thats going to hurt :smalleek:

DeTess
2024-03-19, 05:15 AM
It would, but.... How did they close the distance? I was not adjacent and moved back 30 feet while trying to keep objects in the way to prevent a charge.

They could close the distance with a dash, but not also attack.

Forsaken
2024-03-19, 07:32 AM
It would, but.... How did they close the distance? I was not adjacent and moved back 30 feet while trying to keep objects in the way to prevent a charge.

They could close the distance with a dash, but not also attack.

Ah I hought you just hid not retreat you are correct my apologies Ill correct my post lol. It would instead charge at you and close the distance. Not get that nasty attack but it will be closing the distance. Maynards muscles might get fatigued if it keeps using his body.

But he also doesnt seem to be caring about getting attacked by demons or undead for some reason

DeTess
2024-03-19, 10:55 AM
alright dice, yous crewed me over once, please behave this time around

concentration [roll0]

DeTess
2024-03-19, 10:56 AM
hah, there we go!

Eira switches to spider form, then scuttles up a tree. But that will probably trigger an attack of opportunity as the wraith should be right in my face now. @forsaken, can you roll it? I'll then include it in my IC post.

Dakrsidder
2024-03-19, 11:50 AM
(Any tasks you might continue to do? Also everyone is resting for the night correct?)

Currently I have no intention of doing anything other than sleeping

Forsaken
2024-03-19, 04:56 PM
hah, there we go!

Eira switches to spider form, then scuttles up a tree. But that will probably trigger an attack of opportunity as the wraith should be right in my face now. @forsaken, can you roll it? I'll then include it in my IC post.

Gotcha gotcha spooderman :3 good luck!

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] con damage [roll2]

edit pffffft :smalleek: at least the con damage is lower this time you got the ink black veins coming off the claw wound but maynard also gets a +4 to resist his control now.

Currently I have no intention of doing anything other than sleeping

An endless coma it is! buhahaha lol. Not even any mead to make the zzzz's come easily? :o

Dakrsidder
2024-03-19, 06:34 PM
Eh, unless it’s something particularly tasty or got 0 pp left, the char probably can’t be bothered to eat or drink tis too much effort

Metastachydium
2024-03-20, 07:15 AM
And B. manages to accidentally fall asleep sitting in an odd place! Mission target: accomplished! (Feel free to have the clergy throw her sorry behind out if they are the sort, of course, but unless disturbed, she'll, in all likelihood, not wake before the morning otherwise.)

Forsaken
2024-03-20, 03:41 PM
And B. manages to accidentally fall asleep sitting in an odd place! Mission target: accomplished! (Feel free to have the clergy throw her sorry behind out if they are the sort, of course, but unless disturbed, she'll, in all likelihood, not wake before the morning otherwise.)

Lol in all likelihood they will probably move her to a group room with a bunch of beds for the homeless or people who don't have any means to better themselves. Would she wake up from that?

zlefin
2024-03-21, 08:41 AM
Gonna try fighting for control again, that con damage could kill us pretty fast, gonna be a big issue, and a big question whether we can kill or escape this thing with so few of us there.

[roll0]

edit: it was pointed out there appears to be a +4 mod from the circumstance that I missed.

DeTess
2024-03-21, 08:47 AM
Didn't you get another +4 because the creature hit me, making that a success?

Forsaken
2024-03-21, 09:52 AM
Didn't you get another +4 because the creature hit me, making that a success?

Yep yep shes right lol you got a 26 in total barely beating him out. :smallbiggrin:

Metastachydium
2024-03-21, 11:17 AM
Lol in all likelihood they will probably move her to a group room with a bunch of beds for the homeless or people who don't have any means to better themselves. Would she wake up from that?

Only if they drop her! (Look, she's an awful field operative with a day of much field operating behind her. She's quite asleep.)

Yep yep shes right lol you got a 26 in total barely beating him out. :smallbiggrin:

Go, Maynard!

zlefin
2024-03-21, 03:59 PM
hmm, oh, I see, yeah, that is another +4, i'll edit the IC then.

I assume the mental struggle is my whole action for the turn and I thus have no more actions remaining.

Forsaken
2024-03-22, 07:15 AM
hmm, oh, I see, yeah, that is another +4, i'll edit the IC then.

I assume the mental struggle is my whole action for the turn and I thus have no more actions remaining.

Correct but he is expelled from your body and cant try to possess you for at least 24 hours.

[roll0] If above 10 he flees. IF not he swipes at Maynard

Attack [roll1]
damage [roll2] con damage [roll3]

zlefin
2024-03-22, 06:05 PM
Huh, so makin the will save directly forces it out, I was wondering how that would work. I guess I don't need to find out then if it was feasible to hurt it and me both while it was inside me. I had been considering stabbing myself in the gut with smite evil even without knowing if I got control and it was still in, since it wouldn't be able to dodge while possessing. but all moot now.

DeTess
2024-03-23, 02:26 AM
Does Maynard have a source of light or some other way of seeing in darkness other than darkvision? Just wondering if you can see me right now.

zlefin
2024-03-23, 09:38 AM
No, I've no light source. Even if it's night there should be some ambient light though, very dim but some.

DeTess
2024-03-25, 06:36 AM
@forsaken, can you give me some ideas on exactly what nights are like in this world? How many monsters will appear, how do they react to other monsters, etc.

I see two lines of action. One is to turtle down somewhere, for example using spiderform to weave a web high up in some trees and wait for dawn there, but uf there are lots if flying monsters who can somehow tell the precense of humanoids that might not work.

The other approach is Eria using her superior stealth to scout a path for the both of us, but depending on monster density that might not work.

zlefin
2024-03-25, 07:17 AM
One thing I'm sure of: anyone who lives in this world would have knowledge of what to do if you're outside the town at night. Knowledge so common that, at least at a basic level, one wouldn't need a knowledge check. Certainly at least between the basic choices of whether it's better to just make a run for the nearest town or find somewhere to hide and wait out the night.

Metastachydium
2024-03-25, 11:07 AM
Stop being reasonable about it, you two! How are we going to mount an Ill-Fated Rescue Mission if you just rescue yourselves?!

Forsaken
2024-03-25, 12:11 PM
@forsaken, can you give me some ideas on exactly what nights are like in this world? How many monsters will appear, how do they react to other monsters, etc.

I see two lines of action. One is to turtle down somewhere, for example using spiderform to weave a web high up in some trees and wait for dawn there, but uf there are lots if flying monsters who can somehow tell the precense of humanoids that might not work.

The other approach is Eria using her superior stealth to scout a path for the both of us, but depending on monster density that might not work.

An all manner of monsters. Some are ghosts as you seen. So spectral undead, Demon and ghouls. Normally if you just look over the town gates you see mini hordes of monsters. If without the totems protection in the wilds you are like a beckon to undead and fiends and they will try to actively hunt you down. That's why its near suicide to be without a totem's protection at night.

So yep flying monsters are present and expect roughly 50-100 monsters probably targeting you and the numbers increase the darker it gets at night. :smalleek:

One thing I'm sure of: anyone who lives in this world would have knowledge of what to do if you're outside the town at night. Knowledge so common that, at least at a basic level, one wouldn't need a knowledge check. Certainly at least between the basic choices of whether it's better to just make a run for the nearest town or find somewhere to hide and wait out the night.

Yep yep generally its always better to make a run for it for town. But by the time you get there its gonna be close to midnight. But thats if you were able to see clearly and not be attacked along the way. You know from the info that you have learned that you have maybe 30-45 minutes before the minor monsters start appearing. The longer you wait the stronger ones that appears.

Stop being reasonable about it, you two! How are we going to mount an Ill-Fated Rescue Mission if you just rescue yourselves?!

lol they gotta use everything they can to their disposal! I dont want them dying either :smallbiggrin:

Darius Vibrtrar
2024-03-25, 12:25 PM
Porky is done for the night

zlefin
2024-03-25, 08:19 PM
I'll start taking non-lethal from the persistent hustling we've been doing. I'll just keep the hustle pace going regardless, as the loss of ability to run due to fatigue seems less important than trying to get near town ASAP.

DeTess
2024-03-26, 04:31 AM
@forsaken, I think we've settled on a plan. Eria will go about a hundred feet ahead of Maynard (keeping him within 120 feet darkvision) and try to guide them around any monsters.

Do you need any rolls from me?

Auranghzeb
2024-03-26, 12:10 PM
I'm bowing out, I really admire the fast pace and your style, but I just lost track and I'm not feeling Ja anymore.