PDA

View Full Version : A Modern Supernatural Isekai (Still Recruiting)

ArlEammon
2024-02-19, 08:00 PM
Disclaimer:
I know the word Isekai is Japanese and associated with anime, but anime is generally very OP. Please, no anime in this RP.
As first described by Dr.Gunsforhands, This is, "A series of small monster-of-the-week style adventures, with an overarching plot that heats up over time. A combination of RP mystery-solving and VSbattle silliness."

In this role play, everyone is isekaied into an alternate dimension where there is an underbelly of supernatural horror throughout the world. We have our powers. We could be magic users, holy magic users, or empowered in other various ways (Maybe we somehow become a vampire or werewolf, for example) and encouraged to quest around Southwestern US. Enemies are various supernatural horrors, most of the time. I will be using Live Action TV series magic spells and powers, and creature physiologies for this role play.
Supernatural, American Horror Story, etcetera. To elaborate a little more, the antagonist characters themselves may be original characters, but they will be based on canon characters from such media. Scarlet Witch (Marvel Cinematic Universe version, For the higher end), Fiona Goode (From American Horror Story), etcetera.

The Below Is a Discord Invite to the RP Discussion.
https://discord.gg/AFZCEvSu

As per Vsbattle role play tradition, we can choose characters from different fictional franchises as power templates. We start with 1. You can choose any fictional character that I can view online.
Our beginning attack potency is Large Building Level. We have moderate strong offensive hax at most. With Low defensive hax.

The Hax levels are visible below.

http://i.imgur.com/SkOrKn2.jpg (https://imgur.com/SkOrKn2)

Buufreak
2024-02-19, 08:57 PM
Maybe I missed it in block bold format: what is the system being used for this?

FrightKnight0
2024-02-20, 02:58 AM
Linked discord appears to be connected to an entirely different roleplay. >.>

ArlEammon
2024-02-20, 08:14 AM
Maybe I missed it in block bold format: what is the system being used for this?

Linked discord appears to be connected to an entirely different roleplay. >.>

My mistake about the Discord. Also, Buufreak, I fixed the Discord. I hope. For your question, it's free form. Or I can make it rules lite.

Thunder999
2024-02-20, 01:02 PM
Still thinking about a character, but this looks interesting. Hopefully 3rd times the charm for joining one of your RPs!

ArlEammon
2024-02-20, 01:13 PM
Still thinking about a character, but this looks interesting. Hopefully 3rd times the charm for joining one of your RPs!

Lol Yes. Welcome aboard!!!

ArlEammon
2024-02-23, 12:26 PM
Go ahead everyone and post your character templates.

I'll post the Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance:
Power Template/The Character who your powers are derived from:

An Important NPC:
Name and Pronouns: Emma McLaren, she,her
Character Fun Fact: May be the most powerful witch that isn't in The Circle Of Nine Supremes (The most powerful witches that govern witches in the world.)
Appearance
http://i.imgur.com/xLnaO0J.jpg (https://imgur.com/xLnaO0J)
Inspiration Character: Various witches throughout fiction.
Inspiration Fun Fact: She has some weaknesses. Despite her power, she is not omnipotent. She claims to be the one responsible for bringing you here.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2024-02-23, 07:32 PM
System: Freeform RP. It's an isekai premise: characters from Mundane Earth, stranded in a new body in Spooky Magic Arizona.

Player Count: As many as care to join! Arl wants ALL the players. All of them.

Style of Play: A series of small monster-of-the-week style adventures, with an overarching plot that heats up over time. A combination of RP mystery-solving and VSbattle silliness.

Allowed Content: Choose a character or monster from a piece of live-action media. That character's powers are your character's powers! You'll only be nerfed if you try to destroy something bigger than a small building.

Character Creation:

Name and Pronouns: (What it says on the tin.)

Character Fun Fact: (One thing your character remembers about their mundane former self. You forgot almost everything else!)

Newfound Appearance: (What your character looks like now that they're some kind of super-thing.)

Inspiration Character: (The fictional character or monster on which your character's abilities are based.)

Inspiration Fun Fact: (Something interesting about the Inspiration Character or the setting or series they're from.)

Deadline and Game Start: The IC thread might go up as soon as Feb 24, but people can still join after that unless and until it gets obviously out of hand.

OOC Discord: Here it is! (https://discord.gg/9sHvZRwdGX)

So, for me:

Name and Pronouns: Cassandra Peleus, She/Her

Character Fun Fact: Cassandra hadn't quite changed her name from Cassius until now.

Newfound Appearance: The most convincing human form she can make is that of a broad-shouldered woman with straight hair and glasses. She can mimic other shapes and clothing, but faces not so much.

Inspiration Character: Odo, the metamorph from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Inspiration Fun Fact: As a changeling, she needs to be in a compact liquid form to sleep.

ArlEammon
2024-02-23, 09:40 PM
System: Freeform RP. It's an isekai premise: characters from Mundane Earth, stranded in a new body in Spooky Magic Arizona.

Player Count: As many as care to join! Arl wants ALL the players. All of them.

Style of Play: A series of small monster-of-the-week style adventures, with an overarching plot that heats up over time. A combination of RP mystery-solving and VSbattle silliness.

Allowed Content: Choose a character or monster from a piece of live-action media. That character's powers are your character's powers! You'll only be nerfed if you try to destroy something bigger than a small building.

Character Creation:

Name and Pronouns: (What it says on the tin.)

Character Fun Fact: (One thing your character remembers about their mundane former self. You forgot almost everything else!)

Newfound Appearance: (What your character looks like now that they're some kind of super-thing.)

Inspiration Character: (The fictional character or monster on which your character's abilities are based.)

Inspiration Fun Fact: (Something interesting about the Inspiration Character or the setting or series they're from.)

Deadline and Game Start: The IC thread might go up as soon as Feb 24, but people can still join after that unless and until it gets obviously out of hand.

OOC Discord: Here it is! (https://discord.gg/9sHvZRwdGX)

So, for me:

Name and Pronouns: Cassandra Peleus, She/Her

Character Fun Fact: Cassandra hadn't quite changed her name from Cassius until now.

Newfound Appearance: The most convincing human form she can make is that of a broad-shouldered woman with straight hair and glasses. She can mimic other shapes and clothing, but faces not so much.

Inspiration Character: Odo, the metamorph from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Inspiration Fun Fact: As a changeling, she needs to be in a compact liquid form to sleep.

Accepted. :D

Hopefully this game will get a lot of players.

FrightKnight0
2024-02-23, 09:51 PM
Name & Pronouns: Jason Glass, he/him
Character Fun Fact: Massive martial-arts film nerd; he's absolutely over the moon at the sudden ability to do superhuman kung-fu.
Appearance: 5'10", with a massive body tune-up to enable him to use his new abilities; he's athletic and well-muscled, but not bulky. His hair is black, his eyes are brown, and he showed up on the new world wearing a pair of jeans,, sneakers, a short-sleeved black shirt, and the titular Ten Rings from the movie his abilities are from.
Inspiration Character: Shang-Chi (MCU: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)
Inspiration Fun Fact: For a professionally trained assassin, he's really bad at lying. His idea of a fake name when he has to disappear from his father's world-spanning assassin organization is "Shawn".

ArlEammon
2024-02-23, 11:36 PM
Name & Pronouns: Jason Glass, he/him
Character Fun Fact: Massive martial-arts film nerd; he's absolutely over the moon at the sudden ability to do superhuman kung-fu.
Appearance: 5'10", with a massive body tune-up to enable him to use his new abilities; he's athletic and well-muscled, but not bulky. His hair is black, his eyes are brown, and he showed up on the new world wearing a pair of jeans,, sneakers, a short-sleeved black shirt, and the titular Ten Rings from the movie his abilities are from.
Inspiration Character: Shang-Chi (MCU: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings)
Inspiration Fun Fact: For a professionally trained assassin, he's really bad at lying. His idea of a fake name when he has to disappear from his father's world-spanning assassin organization is "Shawn".

Yes, this is also accepted. Jason Glass is now part of the team

JNAProductions
2024-02-23, 11:45 PM
Does it have to be live action? Because I'd LOVE to do something from the Dresden Files, and while that had a TV adaptation, it didn't go far.
Because it sucked.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2024-02-24, 01:37 AM
Does it have to be live action? Because I'd LOVE to do something from the Dresden Files, and while that had a TV adaptation, it didn't go far.
Because it sucked.

He never said it had to be from good live-action media. :smalltongue:

I'm not sure what characters are in the books but not the show, but I'm willing to say Dresden Files fits the game's vibe either way.

ArlEammon
2024-02-24, 09:34 AM
Because it sucked.

Well, it can be from books, video games or even cartoons, just no anime.

JNAProductions
2024-02-24, 11:25 AM
Name And Pronouns: Sarah Otto, She/Her
Character Fun Fact: Sarah was just starting to learn about witchcraft before the whole isekai went down.
Newfound Appearance: Very tall, with a runner's frame.
Inspiration Character: Harry Dresden, of Dresden Files fame.
Inspiration Fun Fact: He once tried to bill an archangel for services rendered. It didn't work. :P

ArlEammon
2024-02-24, 11:28 AM
Name And Pronouns: Sarah Otto, She/Her
Character Fun Fact: Sarah was just starting to learn about witchcraft before the whole isekai went down.
Newfound Appearance: Very tall, with a runner's frame.
Inspiration Character: Harry Dresden, of Dresden Files fame.
Inspiration Fun Fact: He once tried to bill an archangel for services rendered. It didn't work. :P

Accepted. Lol. So Sarah is our first witch!

gawwy
2024-02-24, 03:57 PM
Name and Pronouns: Mathaius "Mads" Michaelson

Character Fun Fact: Mads was a German immigrant, he enjoyed exaggerating his accent to confound his colleagues.

Newfound Appearance: Mads looks like a 6-foot German Tank, He's a softy tho. Short sandy hair, blue eyes. Lots of very white teeth, a big terrifying smile.

Inspiration Character: William Giles Aka Scapegoat aka The Black Goat, a healer that moves afflictions onto themselves and can then move afflictions back onto others. This extends to effects from powers in his own continuity.

Inspiration Fun Fact: William really hates their powers. Also found out that Skitter was blind during a whole fight when he healed her wounds, Skitter didn't warn him because she had forgotten.

ArlEammon
2024-02-24, 04:16 PM
Name and Pronouns: Mathaius "Mads" Michaelson

Character Fun Fact: Mads was a German immigrant, he enjoyed exaggerating his accent to confound his colleagues.

Newfound Appearance: Mads looks like a 6-foot German Tank, He's a softy tho. Short sandy hair, blue eyes. Lots of very white teeth, a big terrifying smile.

Inspiration Character: William Giles Aka Scapegoat aka The Black Goat, a healer that moves afflictions onto themselves and can then move afflictions back onto others. This extends to effects from powers in his own continuity.

Inspiration Fun Fact: William really hates their powers. Also found out that Skitter was blind during a whole fight when he healed her wounds, Skitter didn't warn him because she had forgotten.

This is accepted. Very interesting concept for a character.

Thunder999
2024-02-24, 06:27 PM
Lets go!

Name and Pronouns: Edward Nelson
Character Fun Fact: Was a big fantasy nerd.
Newfound Appearance: 5'11'', caucasian, pale but not unusually so. in shape, but not athletic. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, a short trimmed beard. Turned up wearing blue jeans, black sneakers, a navy blue t-shirt and a black raincoat.
Inspiration Character: Dumbledore (from Harry Potter)
Inspiration Fun Fact: He was a fan of rdiculous outfits, probably wouldn't approve of Edward's rather average appearance. One of his few accomplishments actually described in canon was finding out that you can clean ovens with dragon's blood, which always amused me because getting blood from a dragon has to be more work than just cleaning the thing normally.

ArlEammon
2024-02-24, 06:30 PM
Lets go!

Name and Pronouns: Edward Nelson
Character Fun Fact: Was a big fantasy nerd.
Newfound Appearance: 5'11'', caucasian, pale but not unusually so. in shape, but not athletic. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, a short trimmed beard. Turned up wearing blue jeans, black sneakers, a navy blue t-shirt and a black raincoat.
Inspiration Character: Dumbledore (from Harry Potter)
Inspiration Fun Fact: He was a fan of rdiculous outfits, probably wouldn't approve of Edward's rather average appearance. One of his few accomplishments actually described in canon was finding out that you can clean ovens with dragon's blood, which always amused me because getting blood from a dragon has to be more work than just cleaning the thing normally.

Nice! Accepted. One wizard, one witch, various other characters. I will put the IC down tomorrow.

TheAlmightyKue
2024-02-24, 07:56 PM
Are you still taking people for this?
Because there are a couple ideas I had.
I loved the show Heroes. Sylar and Peter were my favorite characters and had so much unique potential that I hate that show got knee capped by the last writers strike (even if the writers totally deserved to make more money, couldn't they have waited for the off season!)

ArlEammon
2024-02-24, 08:15 PM
Are you still taking people for this?
Because there are a couple ideas I had.
I loved the show Heroes. Sylar and Peter were my favorite characters and had so much unique potential that I hate that show got knee capped by the last writers strike (even if the writers totally deserved to make more money, couldn't they have waited for the off season!)

Yes! I could use at least a couple more players.

TheAlmightyKue
2024-02-24, 08:27 PM
Name and Pronouns: Rowan Inglis
Character Fun Fact: A complete and utter nerd who couldn't make up their mind on what their favorite thing was to save their life.
Newfound Appearance: Rowan is 5'9" and weighs around 166 lbs. Androgynous in appearance but physically fit. Caucasian with reddish brown hair cropped above the shoulder and bright blue eyes.
Inspiration Character: Peter Petrelli (Heroes)
Inspiration Fun Fact: He was the empathic son of a rich New York family who believed he had the power to fly. An empath who was put through so much that his becoming jaded changed how his special powers work. Showing the world can harden even the most open and caring heart.

ArlEammon
2024-02-24, 08:43 PM
Name and Pronouns: Rowan Inglis
Character Fun Fact: A complete and utter nerd who couldn't make up their mind on what their favorite thing was to save their life.
Newfound Appearance: Rowan is 5'9" and weighs around 166 lbs. Androgynous in appearance but physically fit. Caucasian with reddish brown hair cropped above the shoulder and bright blue eyes.
Inspiration Character: Peter Petrelli (Heroes)
Inspiration Fun Fact: He was the empathic son of a rich New York family who believed he had the power to fly. An empath who was put through so much that his becoming jaded changed how his special powers work. Showing the world can harden even the most open and caring heart.

Just keep in mind, one of the rules of the role play is, No time travel. Otherwise accepted.

TheAlmightyKue
2024-02-24, 08:50 PM
Just keep in mind, one of the rules of the role play is, No time travel. Otherwise accepted.

Understood

Dr.Gunsforhands
2024-02-25, 11:33 PM
We are still recruiting, but Arl has made the OOC thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664936-Supernatural-Isekai-OOC&p=25970444#post25970444) and IC thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?664944-Supernatural-Isekai-IC-*Still-Recruiting*&p=25970607)for all players.

ArlEammon
2024-03-03, 07:01 PM
Don't be afraid to pitch in a new character if you want in. We're still recruiting.