PDA

View Full Version : Build a mundane class!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-14, 10:08 AM
Okay, here is the deal: I, personally dislike casters, not for their sheer overpowered-ness, but because I don't find them fun.

Now, I'm a big fan of the more mundane classes, and would like to see what people can think of for effective mundane charecters.

By mundane, I mean a charecter with absolutely NO spellcasting - Rogue, Fighter, Swashbuckler, et. cetera, so I thought I'd be fun to see what people can build here - since this forum seems to be chock-full of optimizers.

I own the following books:

Core
Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Races of Destiny

~Yes, I know its not alot, and I'm not going to buy any more until I at least look at 4e. If you use anything outside these books, my idea of what you're talking about will be greatly reduced~

The Rules Three:

1)( Plan up to twenty levels.
2)( No classes with any sort of spellcasting Supernatural and Spell-like abilities are okay, but if they get casters levels, drop it completely.
For instance, Paladans are okay up to third level, but since they're caster level one at fourth charecter level, thats a no-go. Monks are good all they way through.
3)( Multi-classing (to include PrCs) is (obviously) okay.

Since its my thread, I may as well post one first. Feel free to critique if nothing else.

Fighter - Human
{table=head]Level|Feat

1st|Weapon Focus (Shield Spikes) Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Improved Shield Bash

2nd|Power Attack

3rd|Improved Initiative

4th|Leap Attack

5th|-

6th|Weapon Specialzation (Shield Spikes), Weapon Specilazation (Scimitar)

7th|-

8th|Improved Critical (Scimitar)

9th|Two Weapon Fighting

10th|Death Blow

11th|-

12th|Greater Weapon Focus (Shield Spikes), Greater Weapon Focus (Scimitar)

13th|-

14th|Greater Weapon Specialzation (Scimitar)

15th|Greater Weapon Specialzation (Shield Spikes)

16th| Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Cleave

17th|-

18th|Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Great Cleave

19th|-

20th|Power Critical (Scimitar)[/table]

The idea: Make a <Somewhat Classic> Sword-and-Shield Fighter with a relatively high damage output. Make Him/Her (I envision this charecter as a female, for some reason) effective on the frontlines in a battlefield situation.

The Equipment: A Scimitar, and a Shield with spikes. "Normal" Armor is also important.

The MAD-ness: Strength And Dexterity only, here, some things a Fighter should be paying attention to anyway.

The Skills: The only really important one here is Jump, for Leap Attack.

My Execution:

Using a scimitar allows for a greater threat range on the charecter's primary weapon, and spiking the shield provides all three damage types (Providing your DM will let you say that the shield bash does bashing damage as well).

I Like having an armor class, so Imp. Shield Bash lets me keep that if i have to use the sheild. I also like hitting things, so lets pile on those weapon focuses right away.

Power Attack lets me increase my damage output - If I have a high enough strength, I can definatly stand to loose a few points from my BAB to put more slice'n'dice into play.

Improve Init. Puts me on top of the enemy first. If I act, there is a lesser chance that lower-tier enmies will survive long enough to pose whatever kind of threat. Plus, its always nice to win initiave.

Leap Attack gives me more bang for my power attack buck after a leaping charge. Definately a must-grab. The image of spikey shield doom or a scimitar bearing down from above don't hurt, either. However, I'm gunna need alot of ranks in Jump to counter my heavy armor.

Specializing in my weapons of choice is a must-have for a fighter, and the extra damage is something to not pass up.

Improving your critical range on a weapon which already has a large crit range doesn't hurt. It means you can go after that Vorpral enchatment in lieu of that keen one, too.

TWF - Just so I can show off my shield-work alongside the swords(wo)manship. Plus, due to the Imp. Shield Bash at first level, there is really no reason to not mix in the shield.

Death Blow - I threw this in, hoping that if any of my party members can stun a foe, I can use a nice little Coup de Gras and then move out of a rapidly-worsening situation, or bear down on the next target, so I can get a full attack in next round.

Greater Weapon focus/Specialzation has been available for a bit, and now I figuered i was time to grab them. Hitting and subsequently killing is a good thing. I favor the Scimitar over the shiled here becuase the scimitar makes crits better (and by this point, you BETTER be packing a vorpral one).

Moving up the TWF tree and the Cleave Tree, here, simply becasue the more carnage the fighter can pour into one round, the better it is for the fighter and his/her party.

AND, Finally, Power Critical for those High-AC nuisances which have been narrowly avoiding decpation this whole time.

I look foward to seeing your creations.

<Spelling and grammer to be fixed sometime between later and never>

SpikeFightwicky
2007-12-14, 10:28 AM
Okay, here is the deal: I, personally dislike casters, not for their sheer overpowered-ness, but because I don't find them fun.

Now, I'm a big fan of the more mundane classes, and would like to see what people can think of for effective mundane charecters.

By mundane, I mean a charecter with absolutely NO spellcasting - Rogue, Fighter, Swashbuckler, et. cetera, so I thought I'd be fun to see what people can build here - since this forum seems to be chock-full of optimizers.

I own the following books:

Core
Complete Warrior
Complete Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel
Book of Exalted Deeds
Book of Vile Darkness
Races of Destiny

~Yes, I know its not alot, and I'm not going to buy any more until I at least look at 4e. If you use anything outside these books, my idea of what you're talking about will be greatly reduced~

The Rules Three:

1)( Plan up to twenty levels.
2)( No classes with any sort of spellcasting Supernatural and Spell-like abilities are okay, but if they get casters levels, drop it completely.
For instance, Paladans are okay up to third level, but since they're caster level one at fourth charecter level, thats a no-go. Monks are good all they way through.
3)( Multi-classing (to include PrCs) is (obviously) okay.

Since its my thread, I may as well post one first. Feel free to critique if nothing else.

Fighter - Human
{table=head]Level|Feat

1st|Weapon Focus (Shield Spikes) Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Improved Shield Bash

2nd|Power Attack

3rd|Improved Initiative

4th|Leap Attack

5th|-

6th|Weapon Specialzation (Shield Spikes), Weapon Specilazation (Scimitar)

7th|-

9th|Two Weapon Fighting

10th|Death Blow

11th|-

12th|Greater Weapon Focus (Shield Spikes), Greater Weapon Focus (Scimitar)

13th|-

14th|Greater Weapon Specialzation (Scimitar)

15th|Greater Weapon Specialzation (Shield Spikes)

16th| Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Cleave

17th|-

18th|Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Great Cleave

19th|-

20th|Power Critical (Scimitar)[/table]

The idea: Make a <Somewhat Classic> Sword-and-Shield Fighter with a relatively high damage output. Make Him/Her (I envision this charecter as a female, for some reason) effective on the frontlines in a battlefield situation.

The Equipment: A Scimitar, and a Shield with spikes. "Normal" Armor is also important.

The MAD-ness: Strength And Dexterity only, here, some things a Fighter should be paying attention to anyway.

The Skills: The only really important one here is Jump, for Leap Attack.

My Execution:

Using a scimitar allows for a greater threat range on the charecter's primary weapon, and spiking the shield provides all three damage types (Providing your DM will let you say that the shield bash does bashing damage as well).

I Like having an armor class, so Imp. Shield Bash lets me keep that if i have to use the sheild. I also like hitting things, so lets pile on those weapon focuses right away.

Power Attack lets me increase my damage output - If I have a high enough strength, I can definatly stand to loose a few points from my BAB to put more slice'n'dice into play.

Improve Init. Puts me on top of the enemy first. If I act, there is a lesser chance that lower-tier enmies will survive long enough to pose whatever kind of threat. Plus, its always nice to win initiave.

Leap Attack gives me more bang for my power attack buck after a leaping charge. Definately a must-grab. The image of spikey shield doom or a scimitar bearing down from above don't hurt, either. However, I'm gunna need alot of ranks in Jump to counter my heavy armor.

Specializing in my weapons of choice is a must-have for a fighter, and the extra damage is something to not pass up.

Improving your critical range on a weapon which already has a large crit range doesn't hurt. It means you can go after that Vorpral enchatment in lieu of that keen one, too.

TWF - Just so I can show off my shield-work alongside the swords(wo)manship. Plus, due to the Imp. Shield Bash at first level, there is really no reason to not mix in the shield.

Death Blow - I threw this in, hoping that if any of my party members can stun a foe, I can use a nice little Coup de Gras and then move out of a rapidly-worsening situation, or bear down on the next target, so I can get a full attack in next round.

Greater Weapon focus/Specialzation has been available for a bit, and now I figuered i was time to grab them. Hitting and subsequently killing is a good thing. I favor the Scimitar over the shiled here becuase the scimitar makes crits better (and by this point, you BETTER be packing a vorpral one).

Moving up the TWF tree and the Cleave Tree, here, simply becasue the more carnage the fighter can pour into one round, the better it is for the fighter and his/her party.

AND, Finally, Power Critical for those High-AC nuisances which have been narrowly avoiding decpation this whole time.

I look foward to seeing your creations.

<Spelling and grammer to be fixed sometime between later and never>

The complete champion book has an option where you drop the paladin's spellcasting progression in exchange for bonus feats. Is that acceptable?

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-14, 10:33 AM
The complete champion book has an option where you drop the paladin's spellcasting progression in exchange for bonus feats. Is that acceptable?

Sure, as long as he gains no caster levels whatsoever, I'm fine with it. On that note - the Rangers without spellcasting would be acceptable as well.

Adumbration
2007-12-14, 10:41 AM
Do you consider monk mundane? I'm picturing one with Vow of Powerty, Vow of Nonviolence and Vow of Peace, plus other feats that up his AC. Then just laugh when their weapons shatter upon striking you.

(Yes, I just got Book of Exalted Deeds. No, I have no idea whether this is effective or not, it just sounds so much fun.)

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-14, 10:49 AM
Monk was specifically mentioned as something I consider mundane, yes.

DraPrime
2007-12-14, 11:01 AM
If you want something truly mundane then play a commoner.

Emperor Demonking
2007-12-14, 11:03 AM
Actually monks are never good.

DraPrime
2007-12-14, 11:05 AM

Only of you're obssessed with perfection.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-14, 11:08 AM
If you want something truly mundane then play a commoner.

You know, I've had the idea running around in my head for the longest to have all the PCs start from first level - and take that level in commoner. From there, they could devolp as they and the story wished.

If I was still in Massachusets, I'd ask if you were interested.:smallamused:

DraPrime
2007-12-14, 11:09 AM
If I was still in Massachusets, I'd ask if you were interested.:smallamused:

Apparently you still are. After all, looting my hometown is difficult if you're not there.

Lupus Major
2007-12-14, 11:13 AM
A nice mundane char:

rogue 1 / swashbuckler 3 / rogue 1 / inofficially corrected Invisible Blade 5 / swashbucker remaining.

It sure isn't overpowered, but with two weapon fighting and Daring Outlaw you have 19 BAB, 7 attacks with 11 dice sneak attack each and your intelligence mod on both AC and damage. This yields a nice amount of skill points, which you can spend becoming a diplomacy monster.

Is there a way to apply the intelligence mod to the AB as well?

Darkxarth
2007-12-14, 11:27 AM
<snip>

< snip>

20th|Power Critical (Scimitar)

<snip>

Improving your critical range on a weapon which already has a large crit range doesn't hurt. It means you can go after that Vorpal enchantment in lieu of that Keen one, too.

<snip>

I favor the Scimitar over the shiled here becuase the scimitar makes crits better (and by this point, you BETTER be packing a Vorpal one).

<snip>

AND, Finally, Power Critical for those High-AC nuisances which have been narrowly avoiding decapitation this whole time.

Also:

Vorpal
This potent and feared ability allows the weapon to sever the heads of those it strikes. Upon a roll of natural 20 (followed by a successful roll to confirm the critical hit), the weapon severs the opponent’s head (if it has one) from its body.

You only get to decapitate an opponent on a natural 20, not a critical hit. So Scimitar isn't any better for Vorpal than any other slashing melee weapon.

That being said, Power Critical is nice (if you have feats to blow on it) for a Vorpal weapon as it makes sure that you didn't just waste a natural 20.

Improved Critical is nice (again, if you have feats to blow) because it lets you add other enchantments and it works in anti-magic zones... but Improved Critical doesn't improve the range for the Vorpal ability.

I too enjoy a non-spellcasting character, but I would say this probably isn't the way to go...

Soups
2007-12-14, 11:29 AM
Is there a way to apply the intelligence mod to the AB as well?
I assume AB means AC. There is only 1 class I am aware of. Ninja, from complete...adventurer? maybe scoundrel. Catch 22 is, no armour.

playswithfire
2007-12-14, 11:36 AM
I think he meant Attack Bonus, but I could be wrong

Duke of URL
2007-12-14, 11:36 AM
In terms of a specialty-designed character, I'm a fan of the much-derided Monk here, especially with Vow of Poverty.

Some folks will say VoP isn't a good choice for a Monk, but I think the bonus feats are worth it, as a monk is more feat-starved than equipment-starved. As a Human, you can get VoP as early as 1st level, so that's 10 bonus Exalted feats you can have by level 20 (biggest drawback -- need a 15 CHA to qualify for some of the good ones, like a Monk isn't MAD enough!!!).

The best pairing would be to acquire the Saint template (another good reason to have Exalted feats), but it does provide spell-like abilities. If SLAs are OK, no problem, otherwise, dropping them will still make the LA +2 worthwhile. Saint also provides a +4 CHA modification, which makes qualifying for those CHA 15 Exalted feats easier.

Go heavy STR, WIS, skimp on DEX if necessary.

Human Monk 18 / LA 2 (Saint)
1: Sacred Vow
H1: Vow of Poverty
M1: Stunning Fist
E2: Nymph's Kiss
M2: Deflect Arrows
3: Weapon Focus: Unarmed
E4: Touch of Golden Ice
6: Combat Reflexes
E6: Sacred Ki Strike
M6: Improved Trip
E8: Gift of Faith
9: Power Attack
E10: Holy Ki Strike
12: Resounding Blow
E12: Quell The Profane
E14: Vow of Chastity
15: Improved Grapple
E16: Vow of Obedience
18: Improved Combat Reflexes
E18: (OPEN)

AB suffers a bit from the 3/4 progression, so may want to focus on Trip/Grapple attacks. The +2 to all special abilities form the Saint template helps land Stunning Fist-related attacks, along with Touch of Golden Ice (TOGI makes vows of Peace or Nonviolence difficult -- how do you avoid using an automatic ability?)

Biggest drawback -- inability to use magic items makes the Monk very dependent on party members to provide situational help (e.g., flight).

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-14, 11:37 AM
I admit to not re-reading the 3.5 update to Vorpral weapons. (I'm still a bit shocked whenever I remember a Paladan SUMMONS his mount!)

However:

Vorpal
This potent and feared ability allows the weapon to sever the heads of those it strikes. Upon a roll of natural 20 (followed by a successful roll to confirm the critical hit), the weapon severs the opponent’s head (if it has one) from its body.
<Emphasis mine>

Since the Power Crit feat adds to the roll to confirm your critical hit, its still viable in that context. (Say, you rolled a 20 and are rolling to confirm). Nevertheless, thanks for the catch.

Draz74
2007-12-14, 01:05 PM
With those books, and no casters, one of my favorite builds would be very simple:

Scout 18 / Ranger 2 archer with the Swift Hunter feat.

Bascially, it's just a Scout archer, except instead of your capstone ability, you get the ability to do Skirmish damage to creatures who are normally immune to it (by picking them as your Favored Enemies) such as Undead, Constructs, etc. The free Rapid Shot feat makes up for the feat you spend on Swift Hunter. Track and Wild Empathy are nice (if minor) side benefits.

Tempting to get 2 more levels somehow of a full-BAB class, so you can get 4 iterative attacks. More Ranger won't work since you pick up a caster level at Level 4. Preferably something that still advances Skirmish; doesn't Highland Stalker or something do that? On the other hand, it's sad to lose that Freedom of Movement semi-capstone ability.

Blayze
2007-12-14, 01:36 PM
I'm going to be moronically stupid with this one and suggest a Human Fighter 2/Warrior 18 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm), based solely on my love of feats. More specifically, this line in particular:

can select his bonus feats from the entire list of feats available.

Edit: And they can select from a list of additional feats that help simulate the abilities of other classes to a degree, if that's what you want to do.

Belkarseviltwin
2007-12-14, 01:54 PM
Draz74: there's one thing missing:
Greater Manyshot [General]

You are skilled at firing many arrows at once, even at different opponents.
Prerequisites

Dex 17, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.
Benefit

When you use the Manyshot feat, you can fire each arrow at a different target instead of firing all of them at the same target. You make a separate attack roll for each arrow, regardless of whether you fire them at separate targets or the same target. Your precision-based damage applies to each arrow fired, and, if you score a critical hit with more than one of the arrows, each critical hit deals critical damage.
Special

A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

2 levels of Highland Stalker might well work, giving iterative attacks and Mountain Stride at the cost of Free Movement. Build as follows:
Human Bonus Feat: Point Blank Shot

Ranger 1, 1st-Level Feat: Dodge, BAB +1, Favored Enemy 1
Scout 1, Skirmish +1d6, BAB +1
Ranger 2, Rapid Shot (Combat Style), Swift Hunter (3rd Level), BAB +2
Scout 2, BAB +3
Scout 3, BAB +4
Scout 4, BAB +5, Mobility (Scout Bonus), Precise Shot (6th Level)
Highland Stalker 1, BAB +6
Highland Stalker 2, BAB +7
Scout 5, BAB +7, Manyshot (9th Level)
Scout 6, BAB +8
Scout 7, BAB +9
Scout 8, BAB +10, Greater Manyshot (12th Level), Shot on the Run (bonus)

The build is effectively complete at level 12, the rest is up to you- I'd advise taking more Scout levels, and possibly the 3rd level of Ranger- you don't lose anything, and get a bonus feat.

Draz74
2007-12-14, 02:45 PM
Draz74: there's one thing missing:

I thought Greater Manyshot went without saying, on a "standard Scout archer" build. :smalltongue:

Ranger 1, 1st-Level Feat: Dodge, BAB +1, Favored Enemy 1

Whoa. Why would you take your first level in Ranger? Start with a Scout level, for sure! 8 more skill points!

The build is effectively complete at level 12, the rest is up to you- I'd advise taking more Scout levels, and possibly the 3rd level of Ranger- you don't lose anything, and get a bonus feat.

Well, you do lose 2 skill points. But you get Endurance and a +1 to Wild Empathy. Probably worth it.

NEO|Phyte
2007-12-14, 02:51 PM
IIRC, starting on the Ranger lets you grab Swift Hunter as your scout bonus feat, leaving your regular feats free for other things.

Indon
2007-12-14, 02:56 PM
I'm going to be moronically stupid with this one and suggest a Human Fighter 2/Warrior 18 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm), based solely on my love of feats. More specifically, this line in particular:

Edit: And they can select from a list of additional feats that help simulate the abilities of other classes to a degree, if that's what you want to do.

I'm pretty sure generic classes aren't meant to be used in conjunction with non-generic classes. You'd have to go generic-Warrior 20, unless you want to swap in generic-Expert levels.

Belkarseviltwin
2007-12-14, 04:45 PM
The other possibility with these books is the Daring Outlaw build- a Swashbuckler with a 1-level dip in Rogue to gain Sneak Attack.

Indon
2007-12-14, 05:08 PM
Do those books contain the Scout?

Because I could envision a Rogue/Ranger/Scout with the ability to SA immune opponents, and with skirmish damage on top of it with Greater Manyshot.

Blayze
2007-12-14, 05:14 PM
They aren't. Well, it says "you shouldn't use", not "you cannot use", so I didn't really pay it any notice for the moment. After all, this is just a bit of fun. ;)

Straight Warrior would still be nice, though. I assume (Or rather hope that I read the page correctly) that those Feats (Weapon Specialisation, if I remember correctly. Maybe others, too...) that require Fighter levels can also be taken by a Warrior, provided they meet all of the other prerequisites.

Anyway, looking at my 3.0 PHB and that website, here's what I'd pick for my unholy failure.

Flaws:-

Shaky (Oh dear, a penalty to ranged combat. How will I ever overcome this? Oh, right. "Obviously realising that he'd never be an archer, Swordly McHackSlash decided on another course of action.")

Inattentive ("Buh?" Just get someone to yell at you every time they see a monster and you don't.)

Trait: Stout ("I jus' felt really... stable."), taken for the hell of it.

As for Feats... This is a mundane character by D&D standards, and what's more mundane than hitting things with weapons? I assume I've worked this out right, that means twenty-two Feats at level 20 (Five Feats at first level? Sign me up!), whichever way you slice it.

(In other words, if you need to get more Fighter levels for any of the Fighter-specific stuff, it works out either way, as long as you have even levels in both classes by the end of it all)

Hell, I wonder what a gestalt of the two would end up like?

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-14, 05:31 PM

*gasp* The heavens hath parted, and a beam of golden light hath shone from them upon me... I AM ENLIGHTENED!

:smalltongue:

ronnyfire
2007-12-14, 06:28 PM
half ogre throwing specialist

{table] class|level|
warblade|1|
warblade|2|
warblade|3|
warblade|4|
warblade|5|
hulking hurler|6|
hulking hurler|7|
blood storm blade|8|
blood storm blade|9|
blood storm blade|10|
blood storm blade|11|
blood storm blade|12|
blood storm blade|13|
blood storm blade|14|
blood storm blade|15|
blood storm blade|16|
blood storm blade|17|
warblade|18|
warblade|19|
warblade|20|[/table]

feats:
point blank shot
power attack
weapon focus (rock?)
brutal throw
far shot
natural heavyweight
neraph throw
(anything else you want)

equipment:
+6 belt of giant str
+5 Manual of Gainful Exercise
really freakin huge rock enchanted with whatever you prefer
(anything else you want)

basically you throw a really big rock, at a lot of people...

and im sure i messed up a few things, basing this off notes from an old character

Draz74
2007-12-14, 07:27 PM
half ogre throwing specialist

Half-Ogres have a Level Adjustment. And he doesn't have Tome of Battle.

Droodle
2007-12-14, 08:41 PM
Actually monks are never good.Unless you're playing in a no/low-magic campaign. Then monks get pretty good. Sure, a fighter will make a better grappler, but there's a real easy solution to that (don't make your monk a grappler...invest in escape artist instead).

Chronos
2007-12-15, 12:01 AM
My core-only rogue build (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3555281&postcount=60):Nemo the Halfling:Halfling rogue 12/shadowdancer 1/rogue 7
Ability scores (25 point buy - If using 32 point buy, raise Dex to 19):
Str 10 (12 - 2)
Dex 16 (14 + 2) plus all level-up points
Con 12
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 11

Feats:
1 Improved Initiative
3 Stealthy
6 Combat Reflexes
9 Dodge
12 Mobility
15 Two-Weapon Fighting
18 Quick Draw

Special abilities:
10 Skill Mastery (Disable Device, Hide, Move Silently, Search, Sleight of Hand)
14 Slippery Mind
17 Defensive Roll
20 Crippling Strike

Skills (10 per level):
Level 1:{table]Disable Device|4 (+6)
Hide|4 (+11)
Listen|4 (+6)
Move Silently|4 (+9)
Open Lock|4 (+7)
Search|4 (+6)
Sleight of Hand|4 (+7)
Spot|4 (+4)
Use Magic Device|4 (+4)
Balance |4 (+7)[/table]
Level 6:{table]Disable Device|9 (+13)
Hide|9 (+20)
Listen|9 (+11)
Move Silently|9 (+18)
Open Lock|9 (+14)
Search|9 (+11)
Sleight of Hand|9 (+12)
Spot|9 (+9)
Use Magic Device|9 (+9)
Balance|5 (+8)
Decipher Script|3 (+5)
Tumble|1 (+4)[/table]
Level 12:{table]Disable Device|15 (+19, mastered)
Hide|14 (+27, mastered)
Listen|15 (+17)
Move Silently|15 (+26, mastered)
Open Lock|15 (+22)
Search|15 (+17, mastered)
Sleight of Hand|15 (+20, mastered)
Spot|15 (+15)
Use Magic Device|15 (+15, +17 with scrolls)
Balance|5 (+10)
Decipher Script|5 (+7)
Perform (dance)|5 (+5)
Tumble|1 (+6)[/table]
Level 20:{table]Disable Device|23 (+28, mastered)
Hide|23 (+43, mastered)
Listen|23 (+26)
Move Silently|23 (+41, mastered)
Open Lock|23 (+37)
Search|23 (+26, mastered)
Sleight of Hand |23 (+35, mastered)
Spot|23 (+24)
Use Magic Device|23 (+25, +27 with scrolls)
Balance|5 (+17)
Decipher Script|5 (+8)
Perform (dance)|5 (+7)
Disguise|5 (+7)
Tumble|1 (+13)[/table]

Equipment:

Level 1:Mundane items:{table]Item|Cost|Weight
*Backpack|2|.5
Bedroll|.1|1.25
Block and tackle|5|5
Caltrops|1|2
*2 candles|.02|-
*2 pieces chalk|.02|-
Crowbar|2|5
*Fishhook|.1|-
*Flint and steel|1|-
Grappling hook|1|4
Hammer|.5|2
Ink|8|-
Pen|.1|-
*Bullseye lantern|12|3
*Mirror|10|.5
*2 flasks oil|.2|2
*10 sheets paper|4|-
Miner's pick|3|10
10 pitons|1|5
*Belt pouch|1|.125
*1 day's rations|.5|.25
4 days' rations|2|1
*50 feet silk rope|10|5
Sewing needle|.5|-
*Signal whistle|.8|-
Soap|.5|1
Shovel|2|8
Tent|10|5
*Waterskin|1|1
Whetstone|.02|1
*Wooden holy symbol|1|-
*Thieves' tools|30|1
*Traveler's Outfit|-|1.25
*Leather armor|10|7.5
*Dagger (4)|8|2

*Burrs (8)|-|-
*100' Fishing line|.2|-

Pack mule|8|-
2 days feed|.1|20
Saddlebags|4|8

Total|143.66|107.375
Total carried||24.125 (Max load 24.75 pounds)[/table]
* indicates items generally kept on person. All other items are on mule
Level 6:Level 1 gear minus mule
Plus:
Mundane Items{table]Thieves' tools upgraded to mwk.|70
Climbing kit|80
Disguise kit|50
*Padded black cloak (mwk. tool for Hide and Move Silently)|100
*1 dagger upgraded to mwk.|300
*Mwk. sling|300
*10 bullets|.1
10 cold iron bullets|.2
10 silver bullets|20.1
Mwk. darkwood longspear|350
Lead scroll case|2[/table]

Alchemical items:{table]Acid (2)|20
Alchemist's Fire (2)|40
*Antitoxin (2)|100
*Everburning lantern|25
Holy Water (3)|75
*Smokestick (2)|40
Sunrod (2)|4
Tanglefoot bag (2)|100
Thunderstone (4)|120
*Tindertwig (10)|10[/table]

Magic items:{table]Universal Solvent|50
Unguent of Timelessness|150
Silversheen|250
Dust of Tracelessness|250
Elixir of Hiding|250
Elixir of Sneaking|250
Wand of Acid Splash|375
Wand of Ray of Frost|375
Wand of Prestidigitation|375
Feather token (tree)|400
Feather token (boat)|450
Wand of Reduce Person|750
Wand of Magic Aura|750
Wand of Hide from Animals|750
Potion of Gaseous Form|750
Hand of the Mage|900
Salve of Slipperiness|1000
Scroll of Antimagic Field|1650
Handy Haversack|2000[/table]

{table]total|12,745[/table]

Level 12:
Level 6 plus:{table]Universal solvent (1)|50
Dust of Tracelessness (1)|250
Elixir of Hiding (4)|1000
Elixir of Sneaking (4)|1000
Feather token (tree) (1)|400
Feather token (boat) (1)|450
Hat of Disguise|1800
Sovereign glue|2400
Dust of Sneezing and Choking|2400
Rope of Climbing|3000
Marvelous Pigments|4000
Gloves of Dexterity +2|4000
Wand of Cat's Grace|4500
Wand of Silence|4500
Wand of Flame Blade|4500
Immovable Rod (2)|10,000
Tan bag of tricks|6300
Decanter of Endless Water|9000
Necklace of Adaptation|9000

Dagger upgraded to silver,+1|2020
Sling upgraded to +1|2000
Mithral chain shirt +1|1100

Total|87,065[/table]

Level 20:
Level 12 plus:{table]Lead handkerchief wallet|1
Sovereign Glue (1)|2400
Dust of Sneezing and Choking (2)|4800
Sustaining Spoon|5400
Rod of Wonder|12,000
Winged Boots|16,000
Portable Hole|20,000
Ring of Invisibility|20,000
Luck Blade|22,060
Cloak of Resistance +5|25,000
Tome of Leadership +1|27,500
Pale green ioun stone|30,000
Gloves of Dexterity upgraded to +6|32,000
Ring Gates|40,000
Ring of Freedom of Movement|40,000
Ring of Protection +5|50,000
Rod of Lordly Might|70,000
Manual of Dex +5|137,500

Adamantine dagger +1, holy, returning|39,002
Mwk. adamantine dagger (2)|6,004
Mithral Shirt upgraded to +5 of etherealness|73,000

Total|759,731[/table]
Basically, he can go anywhere on the Material (or Ethereal) Plane and steal anything that's not nailed down (and for the things that are, he's got a crowbar), without anything short of a CR22 dragon or Spot-optimized druid having a chance of noticing him. He's admittedly weak in combat, which is why he avoids it whenever possible (which is basically all the time, for him).