PDA

View Full Version : Filled RRAKkMA! CLOSED!

Feathersnow
2024-02-20, 03:23 PM
Rrakkma!

The Gith Rite of Rrakkma is where a small party of Gith go out into the Multiverse and come back with a Mindflayer head for each original member.

As a Githzerai living in their fortress/monastery/city in Limbo, you are an elite in your chosen field and volunteered for this dangerous Pilgrimage. Most do not return, but those that do are heroes!

The Gith peoples split into two camps, long ago, after their heroic founder led an exodus accross time to this era to escape the fated victory of the Illithids. Your camp feared her view, that killing Illithids was the sole purpose of existence, justifying any atrocity and surpassing any pleasure, was too extreme. They hold that while the highest moral good, it is not the only moral good, and other, lesser priorities might temporarily hold sway.

Rumors speak of the Fundamentalist Githyanki, who take Gith's teachings to their illogical extreme. Hopefully you never meet them, for they consider you apostates and will attack you as easily as they do everyone else thst has something they want.

Gith culture is hyper-egalitarian and meritocratic. Though, to be sure, this manifests in a twisted and unhelpful way in the Githyanki, it means everyone is encouraged to reach their fullest potential in their holy orders among the Githzerai. Gith language has no gender, and most Gith find the idea of ascribing significance to the physical signs of gender to be alien. Thus, while some Githzerai use "he" or "she" pronouns in foreign settings and languages, the default is "they," because it is the only one in their native tongue. The Githyanki, having never bothered to build a society of their own rather than raid that of others, left this linguistic convention behind, for the most part.

Most Gith are atheists. They accept Gods exist, that most are, if not benevolent, than at least necessary. But the Gods lose to the Illithids in the end. It was Gith and their fellow Gith who freed them, no one else. Gith Clerics are very rare, for this reason.

If this campaign interests you, submit a concept below.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition?

Pathfinder, with ported 3.x content

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Mythic 6 set in a standard DnD world, see below.

For those unfamiliar, the mythic 6 concept is to throttle character growth after level 6, allowing occasional access to new utilities, defensive powers, and feats, but ensuring a third level spell is still a serious whammy and high-end monsters are still grave threats. You will forever stay at character level 6, but gain access to feats and bonuses as though you were an epic character, as though levels 7-20 did not exist.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

2-3. The full party will be 6, but three have already engaged from elsewhere.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

A Dedicated Discord Server. If you cannot, or do not wish to, use Discord, I am sorry for wasting your time.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 6, no mythic ranks. Mythic ranks and additional bonuses may be picked up in play.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

You will receive a silver longsword (and longsword proficiency) as well as 23,500 gold worth of items. Additionally, you will receive a custom Relic after character selection, and the party will get a type 4 bag of holding filled with loot, much of it useful!

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

Anything is acceptable, but Clerics and Barbarians would be a mite hard to justify. Try Archivists or Ardents and Totemists or Wilders instead, maybe?

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

You must be a Githzerai, as described in the Expanded psionic handbook. The level adjustment is not counted against your level 6 status. You count as a human in all cases where this would be beneficial, but do not get the bonus feat and skills. You qualify archetypes, feats, and classe as though you were human. The ability adjustment for Githzerai is factored after you assign your stat arrray.

Your starting language is Gith, your bonus languages are Draconic, Slaadi, and Celestial. You may learn common by spending 1 skill point, as usual.

You may gain the opportunity to adjust minor aspects of your race features with custom campaign traits on request.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

Full HP and use this array for abilities, then assign one bump as per a 6th level character. 18, 16, 14, 13, 10, 8

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

Alignment is generally ignored unless you pick a class that cares about it. You are fighting explicitly Lawful Evil things voluntarily as per the premise of the campaign, though, so either altruism or a thirst for glory is a must.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Under the limits of Mythic 6, you can have only one level in any prestige class other than Human Paragon, which is explicitly allowed.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
A dice bot on thr

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Traits will be handled in a one-on-one session -1 to finalize your character after selection. The bonus traits feat may be taken as normal.

You will start with some manor of minor Relic or additional power assigned after character creation.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

A paragraph explaining why you decided to undergo the Pilgrimage of Rrakkma, please, with Amy additional details you think are important to your character.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

The game will alternate between obscure 3.0 modules your character's will run into during their quest and high stakes boss battles should you succeed in tracking an Illithid.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Any Paizo or WotC book I either have or can freely access material from is fine. Most Dreamscarred content is also fine, but ask first.

No spheres, please. I think they are cool, but they distract from the concept I am running with in this campaign.

Auranghzeb
2024-02-20, 03:38 PM
This is really cool, peg me interested.

Almost done:

Ter`sites

Pathwalker Psychic Warrior1/Ardent 5

Mantles: Mental Power, Physical Power, Guardian and [Still deciding Between conflict, good and Life]

Disciplines: Sleeping Goddess, Iron Tortoise, and either Piercing Thunder or Scarlet Throne.

Concept: An unusually large and burly Gith who fights like a hoplite with a round shield and a polearm in one hand. They are ultracompetitive and boisterous, perhaps because they have some complex about their size and about not being the sharpest. They is protective and fair and life has taught them than Mind Flayers fall sooner to the sword than to psychic powers.

Talivan
2024-02-20, 03:53 PM
Interesting enough to express Interest :smallbiggrin:

Rokku
2024-02-20, 04:00 PM
So is Mythic 6 just E6 with Mythic then?

Anyway some kind of Githzerai Monk is iconic and I love punching.

BelGareth
2024-02-20, 04:01 PM
interested. what discord server will this be on?

Rokku
2024-02-20, 06:19 PM
So there isn't a monk archetype with actual Psionic powers. Thus I'm looking at a High Psionics Soulknife with the Deadly Fist and War Soul archetypes.

Feathersnow
2024-02-20, 06:28 PM
So is Mythic 6 just E6 with Mythic then?

Anyway some kind of Githzerai Monk is iconic and I love punching.

Yes, sounds good!

interested. what discord server will this be on?

I have a dedicated one I will invite the chosen players to. It is only for this game.

Da'Shain
2024-02-20, 11:00 PM
Interested! Thinking of making a Githzerai Vitalist (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist/) (DSP psionicist healer). An historian and scholar whose particular focus has been on the effects of morale and emotion on armies and political decisions, he would use the Intercessor method which provides social skill bonuses and an Inspire Courage-like ability, to function as support for the group.

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-21, 03:45 AM
I'll bite - I'll probably go with a Slayer.

Auranghzeb
2024-02-21, 06:36 AM
Preliminary Image. Maybe I'll go for something less reddish...
https://i.imgur.com/hMDMRoL.png

(http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2881946)
Gith Psychic Warrior1/Ardent5, Level 6, Init 2, HP 62/62, Speed 30
AC 20, Touch 12, Flat-footed 18, CMD 20, Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 7, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4 /45

Bec de Corbin (Raven's Beak) +9 (1d10+5, x3)
Inertial Armor, Shield (+4 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 11
Condition Deep Focused

Missing: Gear, more background.

Auranghzeb
2024-02-21, 06:41 AM
So there isn't a monk archetype with actual Psionic powers. Thus I'm looking at a High Psionics Soulknife with the Deadly Fist and War Soul archetypes.

Since 3.5 is on the table, you should check Monastic Training and Tashalatora (Stacking Psionic class levels with monk). Then, there's the Meditant Archetype for Psychic-Warrior, which is basically a psychic-monk.

namo
2024-02-21, 09:28 AM
I assume Guns are not really a thing in this campaign? (Not really a Gith thing, but hey, maybe they've adopted them in your canon.)

Regarding Dreamscarred Press material, do you allow the main Path of War classes on PFSRD? (Mystic, Stalker, Zealot, ... also Rajah ?)

Also, do you restrict the timezone to encourage mostly synchroneous posting, or is async OK? I'm not in the Americas.

Lastly, the game will focus mostly on combat, correct? Will social skills be useful?
Your answer to question 15 refers to "modules", without more details.

Feathersnow
2024-02-21, 12:23 PM
I assume Guns are not really a thing in this campaign? (Not really a Gith thing, but hey, maybe they've adopted them in your canon.)

Regarding Dreamscarred Press material, do you allow the main Path of War classes on PFSRD? (Mystic, Stalker, Zealot, ... also Rajah ?)

Also, do you restrict the timezone to encourage mostly synchroneous posting, or is async OK? I'm not in the Americas.

Lastly, the game will focus mostly on combat, correct? Will social skills be useful?
Your answer to question 15 refers to "modules", without more details.

1) guns are OK, if you want them.

2) I would prefer to stick to Dreamscarred Psionics and everything else from Paizo or WotC, but I'm willing to listen to specific requests.

3)the game will be entirely Asynchronous. Players from anywhere in the world are equally welcome.

4)Some social skills will be necessary to try to interface with the local population and figure out both what is going on and where illithids might be found.

namo
2024-02-21, 04:21 PM
I would prefer to stick to Dreamscarred Psionics and everything else from Paizo or WotC, but I'm willing to listen to specific requests.
I would like to request the Aurora Soul (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/mystic/archetypes/aurora-soul/) Mystic (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/mystic/), which is kinda the monk of Path of War. (Mystic is a bit like the 3.5E Swordsage, and the Aurora Soul archetype a bit like the unarmed swordsage.)

Additionally:
- are you using the Feat Tax (Elephant in the Room) variant rules?
- Background Skills?

Rokku
2024-02-21, 05:40 PM

2) I would prefer to stick to Dreamscarred Psionics and everything else from Paizo or WotC, but I'm willing to listen to specific requests.

Oh so in this case the War Soul archetype is Dreamscarred's Path of War, which I basically wanted to add some more martial arts flavor to the character.

Still annoyed they never made a psionic Monk archetype with manifesting.

Auranghzeb
2024-02-21, 05:54 PM

3)the game will be entirely Asynchronous. Players from anywhere in the world are equally welcome.

4)Some social skills will be necessary to try to interface with the local population and figure out both what is going on and where illithids might be found.

This also affects the Path Walker Archetype. So I formally request it, while I think what to do if not granted.

Feathersnow
2024-02-21, 07:04 PM
I would like to request the Aurora Soul (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/mystic/archetypes/aurora-soul/) Mystic (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/path-of-war/classes/mystic/), which is kinda the monk of Path of War. (Mystic is a bit like the 3.5E Swordsage, and the Aurora Soul archetype a bit like the unarmed swordsage.)

Additionally:
- are you using the Feat Tax (Elephant in the Room) variant rules?
- Background Skills?

This also affects the Path Walker Archetype. So I formally request it, while I think what to do if not granted.

I will allow all those requests,

No to the elephant in the room or background skills.

I will however allow you to gain bonus Feats and skills as rewards between mythic tiers. This might reduce the pain of no free stuff. The Elephant in the Room was calculated with the idea that you don't get a free +6 to Dex, that you do would makes a lot of choices too weak if you get free Feats of that nature.

namo
2024-02-22, 05:09 AM
I do not pursue with my feet.
He who pursues with his feet shall end up lost in the astral seas forever.
I pursue with my mind.

I do not strike with my hand.
He who strikes with his hand shall find his blows turned back on him.
I strike with my heart.

I do not kill with my mind.
He who kills with his mind shall find all faces turned away from him.
I kill with my soul.

Concept
"I'm only alive thanks to RRAKkMA! My life is not mine; and I will put it back on the line for the glory of Gith!"

Ash-el was born as cattle. Born in captivity to a mindflayer.
She doesn't remember much of that time, thankfully, for she was still very young when she was saved by a team of Githzerai pilgrims, who defeated the ancestral enemy, at a great cost in lives.
Her parents had been consumed already.

She grew up in a monastery in Limbo and devoted herself to mystic arts blending meditation with martial arts.

Now that she is of age, she is eager to embark on her own challenge.

(Let me know if you want more!)

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-22, 07:50 AM
Character is more or less done. Dak'kalis is a student (and now teacher) of the sword. They've come to the limits of mortal blademastery and knows that only an epic journey such as a Rrakkma can give them the impetus to ascend to the realm of legends.

Dak'kalis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882415)
LN Githzerai Slayer, Level 6, Init 4, HP 84/84, Speed 20'
AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, CMD 25, Fort 9, Ref 9, Will 3, CMB +12, Base Attack Bonus 6
+1 Silver Sword +13/+6 (1d8+11, 19-20/x2)
Adaptive (+5) Masterwork Adaptive Composite Longbow (40) +10 (1d8+5, 20/x3)
+1 Breastplate (+6 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition Senses - Darkvision 60'
Resistances - Psionics 11

Feathersnow
2024-02-22, 08:01 AM
Character is more or less done. Dak'kalis is a student (and now teacher) of the sword. They've come to the limits of mortal blademastery and knows that only an epic journey such as a Rrakkma can give them the impetus to ascend to the realm of legends.

Dak'kalis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882415)
LN Githzerai Slayer, Level 6, Init 4, HP 84/84, Speed 20'
AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, CMD 25, Fort 9, Ref 9, Will 3, CMB +12, Base Attack Bonus 6
+1 Silver Sword +13/+6 (1d8+11, 19-20/x2)
Adaptive (+5) Masterwork Adaptive Composite Longbow (40) +10 (1d8+5, 20/x3)
+1 Breastplate (+6 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 14
Condition Senses - Darkvision 60'
Resistances - Psionics 11

Out of curiosity, how did you get 20 strength? Do you have an item or effect modifying it?

Edit: Nevermind. I checked the link I missed. Looks good!

namo
2024-02-22, 08:33 AM
Do you want a full sheet for selection? Partial sheet (e.g. possibly without items and/or not all spells/maneuvers selected)?

The ad says "concept" which I took to mean the RP concept, but no problem if a sheet is needed.

Infernally Clay
2024-02-22, 08:34 AM
So we all get +6 dex, +2 wis and -2 int and two bonus power points per day?

Since we're playing psionically-inclined characters, can I use the Aegis class (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis/)? I've never had an opportunity to play a class like that before and this seems like the perfect time to do it. Walking around with psychic armour is just socool.

Feathersnow
2024-02-22, 08:48 AM
So we all get +6 dex, +2 wis and -2 int and two bonus power points per day?

Since we're playing psionically-inclined characters, can I use the Aegis class (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis/)? I've never had an opportunity to play a class like that before and this seems like the perfect time to do it. Walking around with psychic armour is just socool.

Yes and yes!! Sounds good!

Feathersnow
2024-02-22, 08:50 AM
Do you want a full sheet for selection? Partial sheet (e.g. possibly without items and/or not all spells/maneuvers selected)?

The ad says "concept" which I took to mean the RP concept, but no problem if a sheet is needed.

I would like a full sheet, if possible, but I will allow some changes after you meet the rest of the party, so it can be partially finished if necessary.

Auranghzeb
2024-02-22, 09:57 AM
This is my sheet. I'm still missing some gear.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2881946

namo
2024-02-22, 03:24 PM
Ash's sheet (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882470)
I haven't picked all her maneuvers, and might tweak items, but the rest is there.

I have a couple of elements from D&D3.5E (I indicated the sources), but they can be swapped out if needed.

edit: @Gyrfalcon Boots of Speed cost 12k, not 6k

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-22, 04:39 PM
Ah bah, you’re right. I grabbed them from an old list where the other prices were correct. I’ll swap them to boots of striding and springing tomorrow. Less sexy then Haste on demand, but more mobility is never bad.

*edit* Geeze, If I wanted to be completely optimized, I’d rebuild for a dex build as well. Forgot Deadly Agility is on the table, but variety is the spice of life. I’ll let enemies whiff on your AC 33 first, OK? :D

namo
2024-02-22, 04:57 PM
Haha, sure, Ash can be frontline.
But we're talking about (mythic?) Illithids, so CMD and saves might be more important than AC... We'll see!

If she ends up an outlier, I certainly don't mind toning down her stats for party balance.

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-22, 05:55 PM
Yeah, my Will save is… not ideal. It’s the Slayer’s only bad save and they don’t use Wis for anything.

I’ll just try to hit the mindflayer hard enough to frighten it before it dominates and/or eats my brains.

Gyrfalcon
2024-02-23, 06:04 AM
PlayerCharacterClassComplete?
AuranghzebTer`sites (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2881946)Pathwalker Psychic Warrior 1 / Ardent 5Missing some gear
GyrfalconDak'kalis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882415)Slayer 6Yes
namoAsh-el (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2882470)Mystic 5 / Inquisitor 1Maneuvers and items need to be tweaked

Feathersnow
2024-02-23, 06:06 AM
I currently have three sheets in a state of partial to complete. I am picking exactly three characters. I am too nice for my own good and hate excluding people, but there were only six slots and three were promised to people I asked before i went on this forum to recruit.

So, in conclusion, Gyrfalcon, Auranghzeb, and namo, you are in, I will DM you links to the Discord.

Everyone else, thank you for your interest, and I hope I get to play with you in the future.