PDA

View Full Version : Dvati and the Dragonborn of Bahamut

GuestEleven
2024-02-26, 03:15 PM
What happens if a set of Dvati twins undergo the ritual to become a dragonborn of Bahamut? Would it even work? Would both twins have to spend 100g on the egg and do the ritual or can just one do it?

Working on a Dragonfire Adept build and this question has me scratching my head.

Doctor Despair
2024-02-26, 04:39 PM
"Twins" is a racial trait, so I believe you'd lose it. You'd spend 100gp and absorb the other twin (or they fade out of existence, or fall comatose as their soul is subsumed into the alpha twin -- take your pick).

holbita
2024-02-27, 06:57 AM
You both, who are a single being, go through the ritual. A dragonborn of bahamut comes out.

So basically two go into the egg, only one comes out.

Morphic tide
2024-02-27, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a fun way to "trade in" for Multiheaded or Vestigial Twin.

Prime32
2024-02-28, 04:53 PM
Working on a Dragonfire Adept build and this question has me scratching my head.
More fun: the humanoid shape invocation lets you turn into a dvati, thereby gaining two bodies.

It gets silly if you then move your bodies to separate planes (so that Personal effects are no longer shared) and have one of them use humanoid shape again. The sanest ruling would be that since both twins contribute to the second casting, they're both considered the original caster and thus the body which isn't actively casting the invocation disappears.

Chronos
2024-02-28, 05:28 PM
Nah, Humanoid Shape won't work. It's based on Change Shape, which means that it only gets you size, speed, and natural weapons, not other racial traits.

Luccan
2024-02-29, 02:44 AM
"Twins" is a racial trait, so I believe you'd lose it. You'd spend 100gp and absorb the other twin (or they fade out of existence, or fall comatose as their soul is subsumed into the alpha twin -- take your pick).

This would be the RAW reading, I believe, but I think it's best to check with whoever is running the game. Twin Dragonborn would certainly be cool

loky1109
2024-02-29, 08:13 AM
This would be the RAW reading, I believe, but I think it's best to check with whoever is running the game. Twin Dragonborn would certainly be cool

I the case of Dvati often can't be RAW reading.

Doctor Despair
2024-02-29, 07:52 PM
So basically two go into the egg, only one comes out.

Sounds like the advertisement for a wrestling match

atemu1234
2024-03-05, 07:53 PM
I mean, isn't it heavily implied Dvati pairs are more of a single mind in two bodies? They'd go from two bodies to one, but no part of their self is lost.

Luccan
2024-03-06, 10:24 PM
I mean, isn't it heavily implied Dvati pairs are more of a single mind in two bodies? They'd go from two bodies to one, but no part of their self is lost.

I think it's outright stated. It's really the use of "twin" that confuses the issue, I think.