PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Platforms for PbP?

Palanan
2024-02-27, 11:30 AM
Owing to ongoing forum issues, one of my groups is looking for a more reliable platform. Can anyone suggest a site? I'm not very familiar with PbP options outside of the Playground itself.

stoutstien
2024-02-27, 12:14 PM
Owing to ongoing forum issues, one of my groups is looking for a more reliable platform. Can anyone suggest a site? I'm not very familiar with PbP options outside of the Playground itself.

Discord, running google doc, IM, teams, Facebook. Just about anything you can think of really.

J-H
2024-02-27, 04:20 PM
The Tangled Web and Myth-Weavers both exist, although I've never run games on them.

Discord is superior for OOC game chatter vs. the forum anyway, so I would probably move to asynchronous play there... although recruiting for new games would be a challenge aside from existing players I know and trust.

ngilop
2024-02-27, 06:09 PM
RPOL is amazing, and is more than just a thread you can post to. Has a dice ruler and a built in wiki for your game if you should choose.

Also,play by web, though... this has lot a ton of players since I first started a while ago..

Oddly enough RPOL was created by some play by web peeps after a disagreement over something if memory serves me correctly.

Not to knock gitp, but in terms of play by forums it is actually nowhere near as good as a site that is dedicated for online forum play.

After all, it is a forum that you can play on. Not a forum built to be played on.

truemane
2024-02-27, 07:18 PM
There's also rpol.net. It's a site custom-built for PbP role-playing and has a lot of great features. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: ninja'd!

EDIT EDIT: the site is rpol.net

Kardwill
2024-02-29, 05:36 AM
Discord, running google doc, IM, teams, Facebook. Just about anything you can think of really.

Most of the others I agree with but Facebook? I'd have thought the formatting and non-chronological arrangement of facebook replies would make it a pain.

Red Bear
2024-03-14, 03:54 PM
I've played a lot on Telegram, it a has a dice roller