PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent Scrapper: tactical feat (PEACH)

Stycotl
2007-12-14, 02:50 PM
Magnificent Scrapper (Tactical)
A talented unarmed fighter, you know how to gauge the angle and leverage needed for truly amazing throws and grapples.
Prerequisites: Str 15, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Power Attack, base attack bonus +6
Benefit: The Magnificent Scrapper feat enables the use of three tactical maneuvers.
Bodybreaker: You are capable of not merely toppling an opponent or sending it sailing, but hurling it forcefully to the earth with such bone-breaking force that a breakfall is next to impossible. If you beat a foe in a Trip attempt by 5 or more, you slam it into the ground (or your knee, etc, if no hard ground available) with such force that it takes 1d6+ (x2 strength modifier) bludgeoning damage, and must roll a Fortitude save (DC strength-based), or be stunned for one round.
Takedown: You are skilled at bringing a grappled foe to the ground mounted. In the first round of a grapple, you can attempt a trip attack as a free action which knocks you both prone, but lands you in an advantageous position. Your next grapple roll receives a +4 bonus.
Bear Paws: If you hit a foe with an unarmed or natural attack twice in the same round, using Power Attack, you can make a standard action trip attack next round that takes a -4 penalty, but will fling it 10 feet away from you in any direction you desire. If you are a large creature, it is flung 20 feet, if huge, 30 feet, etc. For each 10 feet it is flung, the foe takes 1d6 damage. If it collides with an object or a creature before the end of the flight, both of them take the damage that the flung creature would have been dealt, and both are knocked prone in squares adjacent to the impact (use grenadelike weapon table to determine squares), though the struck creature or object can make a Fortitude or Reflex save (DC is strength-based) in order to keep its feet. If the flung creature is small size or less, it deals no damage to objects or creatures it strikes; if huge or greater, it deals twice as much damage to anything it strikes. You cannot toss a creature that is more than one size category larger than you in this fashion.

Blue_C.
2007-12-14, 02:58 PM
Again, good for you for making tactical feats.

Takedown and Bodybreaker made me smile to imagine them used in combat. There is a monk character I play that needs this feat, now.

I think Bear paw can be adjusted. Instead of your size determining how far your opponent is flung, maybe you should make it how much larger you are than your opponent.

Stycotl
2007-12-14, 03:13 PM
i'll admit i am tantalized by the idea. but i am having a hard time imagining it. flesh the "how many sizes larger" idea out a bit for me if you could.

thanks.

Blue_C.
2007-12-14, 03:27 PM
Bear Paws: If you hit a foe with an unarmed or natural attack twice in the same round, using Power Attack, you can make a standard action trip attack next round that takes a -4 penalty, but will fling it away from you in any direction you desire. If you are the same size or one size smaller as your foe, it flies 10 ft.. For size category larger you are than your foe, it flies an additional 10 ft.. You cannot toss a creature that is more than one size category larger than you in this fashion. For each 10 feet it is flung, the foe takes 1d6 damage. If it collides with an object or a creature before the end of the flight, both of them take the damage that the flung creature would have been dealt, and both are knocked prone in squares adjacent to the impact (use grenadelike weapon table to determine squares), though the struck creature or object can make a Fortitude or Reflex save (DC is strength-based) in order to keep its feet. If the flung creature is small size or less, it deals no damage to objects or creatures it strikes; if huge or greater, it deals twice as much damage to anything it strikes.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-14, 07:50 PM
Yay! Wrestling feats!

Looks balanced, looks good, I approve.

Stycotl
2007-12-15, 06:28 PM
ok, blue. i like the concept. i am going to have to play around a little with it first, so it might take a day or two. anyway, thansk for the help. aaron out.