PDA

View Full Version : Critique this melee build

Cuddly
2007-12-14, 05:38 PM
I will be playing in a very high point buy campaign again, and as playing as the party batman with an artificer cohort got to be too much paperwork and DM tears, I've decided to switch to a guy who hits stuff. Core books are 3.0, so some stuff is a little different.

Guy who hits stuff, level 14:
Rogue2/Paladin of tyranny2/Psy2/Hex3/Blk2/Warmind3

Rogue: will be feat rogue, much better than fighter, imo. Lots of skill points = self reliance, qualification for blackguard. Evasion is great, too. Besides, 1d6 sneak attack damage means nothing to me.

Paladin: Solid armored champion of evil, plus charisma to saves

Psy2: qualify for warmind, free feats, more self reliance with powers

hex3: cha to saves, mettle, straight out better than 3 levels of fighter, imo

blk 2: more cha to saves, some spells, including CLW.

Warmind: Solid gish light class. It's like a lawful barbarian- with more rages that aren't as good, and I can activate them whenever. More powers are fun, as is hitting 2 ppl at once. Not as good as a psywar/slayer, but then, the PCs have an illithid ally, and slayer is explicitly banned. Besides, I don't want to worry about a bunch of buff powers. Just a few things to get me out of sticky situations, etc.

Feats:
Power attack, cleave, sunder, up the walls, leap attack, improved bullrush, shock trooper, improved critical:falchion, combat brute.

Basically, your average two handed power attacker, but more resistant to spells, a little versatility with skills and powers. I want to play an LA 0 monstrous race (3.0 hobgob comes to mind) that isn't an ineffectual leader or dumb as rocks, or frail and kobold puny.

March around in armor (black, of course), serving Hell, reveling in destruction and bloodshed. Something of a party leader, but also a self-sufficient wanderer; he can slip past the guards, pick a lock, and go toe-to-toe with Pelor's champion.

Stacking dark blessing and divine grace is cheesy, but frankly, so are wizards and the DMM + 3.0 harm cleric in our party, so I have no problem doing it. RPwise, he champions the cause of Darkness (paladin of tyranny), but is beholden to devils (blackguard).

Anyway, your thoughts, comments, "no that's stupid, take a different feat?"

Books available:
3.0 core
defenders of the faith (which, btw, has THE MOST BROKEN ARMOR ENHANCEMENTS EVAR)
masters of the wild
BoED
BoVD
complete adventurer, warrior, mage
spell compendium
tome and blood
song and silence
Draconomicon
Eberron stuff.
The not-broken psionics book
SRD