PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting D&D 3.5 low-power; Dungeon of Strangeness 2.0, DEADLINE, 08/APRIL/2024

Alhallor
2024-03-13, 05:43 AM
Hi playground,

some time ago I DM’d a small „escape the dungeon (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?637991-Dungeon-of-Strangeness)“ game that was quite fun. What I totally forgot was that I made an even bigger, more thought out dungeon with a friend of mine. I recently found that dungeon and would like to play through that again.
What is really important to me is that the dungeon is… Not really dangerous. I’m sure you can rush through it with a halfway competently build level 6 charakter I implore everyone who wants to play in that game, make weak charakters.
You don’t have to make an actively bad charakter, like a pure commoner who can’t do anything, but make a Beguiler who likes to use a Spiked Chain now and again, play a Ghoul, a Hexblade, a Sword and board fighter or a batman sorcerer with Arcane Lock (which may actually be useful here!)
There will be battles and perhaps some mean status effects but I’m not out to kill anyone, I want people to see that weird quirky dungeon I built ten years ago.

The general idea would be that you were sent into the… Well… Dungeon to map it out, you’re quest is to find every room and then escape.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
Explore a dungeon.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
Around 4 players-

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
OotS forums

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6th level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard (13,000 gp)

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

You can really play anything, from any sourcebook, homebrew, etc. But it does need to keep up the spirit of the game, which means… Not very powerful at all.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

You can be everything.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

32 Point Buy. Full hit points at 1st level, full HP after.
2 bonus feats that you can take when you need them or not (mostly for thrower or whip builds.)
No traits or flaws.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
You should be able to work together, that’s the whole requirement.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Allowed, no penalties, go wild. Play that monk/fighter you ever wanted to play.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Players will roll on the forums. I will post combat rolls, other rolls may be made 'behind the scenes'

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
You’re going to preroll initiative and I’ll going to go with group initiative. It just makes it easier that way.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Skirt length, you’ll going to end upworking for a certain group to map out a dungeon and you’re briefly will not have you’re equipment available.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Mostly dungeon exploration, some fighting, some puzzles, some mystery… You can get through a lot of the dungeon without fighting if you approach it correctly.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
You can use everything.

SCARY WIZARD
2024-03-13, 06:17 AM
Character Sheet Archived

Alhallor
2024-03-13, 06:45 AM
ADDENDUM: By "everything", does this include non-WotC sources as well? Because I have a bunch of hard copies of Mongoose books, and WarCraft RPG books, so while I can tie my hands behind my back with WotC materials... with those sources I'm asking about, I could tie both behind my back!

It actually does mean "EVERYTHING!" as long as it's not overtly powerful, which does seem to be what you're aiming for.

I would need the possibility to take a look at it at least, either written out or with a link of some sorts (I do want to know what you're guys are actually capable of.)

Yas392
2024-03-13, 06:46 AM
Nice. I wanted to try my luck build. Some questions:

1) For Planar Touchstone: Catalogue of Enlightenment, does it count as a domain for the purpose of feats and cleric level=character level?

2) Are organization requirements for prestige classes waived?

3) Flaws? Traits?

SCARY WIZARD
2024-03-13, 06:51 AM
It actually does mean "EVERYTHING!" as long as it's not overtly powerful, which does seem to be what you're aiming for.

Ohh, no, some of those books I'm talking about, while the designers were well-intentioned, are very bad. Tragic, actually. I remember complaining about the to one of the desigenrs, as a matter of fact, on their forums! The only strong things that would come off of those, are the smell!

In any case! Neat! Thanks for the quick response!

Alhallor
2024-03-13, 07:02 AM
Nice. I wanted to try my luck build. Some questions:

1) For Planar Touchstone: Catalogue of Enlightenment, does it count as a domain for the purpose of feats and cleric level=character level?

2) Are organization requirements for prestige classes waived?

3) Flaws? Traits?

1. Needed to research that. I would rule that it doesn't count as a domain for other feats and also doesn't count as cleric spellcasting as a requirement for prestige classes (because in what I found the spellcasting in that case is VERY limited) when you cast something (and use a domain ability) it should be cleric level=character level. No changing these domains for domain feats either.

2. I'm not sure what Prestige class you may want to enter but you can consider them waived. Give a small nod in you're backstory to sate my curiosity (you don't need to be a member of the organization but I would like to know how you got the knowledge to get into that Prestige Class somehow).

3. I always forgot these, you can choose to take 2 bonus feats, no further traits or flaws. (I updated the 16 accordingly.)

Yas392
2024-03-13, 07:23 AM
1. Needed to research that. I would rule that it doesn't count as a domain for other feats and also doesn't count as cleric spellcasting as a requirement for prestige classes (because in what I found the spellcasting in that case is VERY limited) when you cast something (and use a domain ability) it should be cleric level=character level. No changing these domains for domain feats either.

2. I'm not sure what Prestige class you may want to enter but you can consider them waived. Give a small nod in you're backstory to sate my curiosity (you don't need to be a member of the organization but I would like to know how you got the knowledge to get into that Prestige Class somehow).

3. I always forgot these, you can choose to take 2 bonus feats, no further traits or flaws. (I updated the 16 accordingly.)

1) That puts a damper to my build but still usable. Is the exp cost paid pre-game or does taking it reduces my character's level to level 5?

Alhallor
2024-03-13, 07:42 AM
1) That puts a damper to my build but still usable. Is the exp cost paid pre-game or does taking it reduces my character's level to level 5?

I thought about that, and with it only being 10 XP it wouldn't reduce you're level.

Yas392
2024-03-13, 08:32 AM
OK. New build. Assuming our character's do not start with action points/use variant action point rule for the game but gain the ability to get a temporary action point through feats for expenditure, do we select from Eberron or SRD (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm) options ?

Dusk Raven
2024-03-13, 08:52 AM
Tempted to make a Gnoll. Two monster hit dice and +1 LA makes for one of the worst races in 3.5, or so was the impression I got from the LA Assignment thread.

Alhallor
2024-03-13, 09:28 AM
OK. New build. Assuming our character's do not start with action points/use variant action point rule for the game but gain the ability to get a temporary action point through feats for expenditure, do we select from Eberron or SRD (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm) options ?

Yes, you don't start with Action points, go with Eberron please, I'm more familiar with that.

Tempted to make a Gnoll. Two monster hit dice and +1 LA makes for one of the worst races in 3.5, or so was the impression I got from the LA Assignment thread.

Gnoll would definitely fit.

namo
2024-03-13, 09:35 AM
This sounds fun.

I'm thinking perhaps an old gnome necromancer cleric/warlock. Since this chassis is decent, he would come with Flaws (but with no extra Feat gained as counterpart): he'd be a bit deaf, a bit blind, etc... :smallbiggrin:

"Forward, my minions" he shouted, his hand pointing... not towards the enemies, but a wall.

Auranghzeb
2024-03-13, 10:12 AM
Damn! I had said to myself "no more recruitments" and then I see Alhalor + Dungeoncraziness in the same sentence and I'm cursed to do a character. A something something Dungeoncrasher.

I'll be back with a concept.

1. Could I play a Blink Dog? They have 4HD and +2 LA. I'll start with no Character levels and probably go Warmind for my first char level.

samduke
2024-03-13, 10:24 AM
So I am thinking there needs to be a party member that their whole task is to map the dungeon, as such I wonder what the gm would have to say about the Roguetotum peach class, failing that a straight up factotum should work - that is my idea

Alhallor
2024-03-13, 11:00 AM
This sounds fun.

I'm thinking perhaps an old gnome necromancer cleric/warlock. Since this chassis is decent, he would come with Flaws (but with no extra Feat gained as counterpart): he'd be a bit deaf, a bit blind, etc... :smallbiggrin:

"Forward, my minions" he shouted, his hand pointing... not towards the enemies, but a wall.

That sounds insane and pretty fun, I'd be up for it.

Damn! I had said to myself "no more recruitments" and then I see Alhalor + Dungeoncraziness in the same sentence and I'm cursed to do a character. A something something Dungeoncrasher.

I'll be back with a concept.

1. Could I play a Blink Dog? They have 4HD and +2 LA. I'll start with no Character levels and probably go Warmind for my first char level.

2. If that's too wacky/powerful because of the free dim door. I'll think of something to go with Dungeoncrasher.

1. After looking over Blink Dog... Yeah I think that works. Dimension Door is fun and could be used in interesting ways, Blink is pretty powerful but also works as a debuff. I would rule that you can't use both on the same turn and use the ability's as a immediate action. Dimension Door also may not work everytime because... Dungeon stuff. Probably still works 95% of the time.

2. Doesn't apply anymore.

So I am thinking there needs to be a party member that their whole task is to map the dungeon, as such I wonder what the gm would have to say about the Roguetotum peach class, failing that a straight up factotum should work - that is my idea

I would prefer the normal factotum in this case.

Auranghzeb
2024-03-13, 11:09 AM
Excellent, Blink dog Coming!

Arco [Area Reconnaissance Capable Organism] -Mnemonic K9.
The Mnemonic K9 were exemplars of their species. Intelligent and astute creatures with excellent recollection capabilities and durability. During the Last War, these units were deployed to explore dungeons and remote areas and perfectly memorize thousands of miles of layout and intricate patterns. Arco is one of the last Mnemonic K9 alive, the last remain of a dying tradition. It has been sent to this Dungeon to map it, but Arco is also a philosopher, an independent thinker with its own agenda: take full ownership of the Dungeon.

https://imgs.search.brave.com/l4BtPfd7OJ5ZoqOC-CtHsaDVhPbUTsnKe2Kq29AdN8Q/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly9pbWFn/ZXMuc3F1YXJlc3Bh/Y2UtY2RuLmNvbS9j/b250ZW50L3YxLzVi/ZDg4ZGIwOTNhNjMy/MGYwNzFiMWE1MC83/NzM0OGY4ZC0yNjM0/LTQ3YzUtOGE3OS1j/NTRhOWE3ZTQ0NGEv/QmxpbmstRG9nLUFk/dmVudHVyZXMtaW4t/dGhlLUZvcmdvdHRl/bi1SZWFsbXMtTXRH/LUFydF9PcmlhbmFN/ZW5lbmRlei5qcGc

Arco (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2888151)
M N Blinkdog Magical Beast, Level 6 (4+LA2), Init 5, HP 48/48, Speed 40
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, Fort 7, Ref 9, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus 4
Bite +9 (1d6+2, )
(+5 Dex, +3 Natural)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 11
Condition None

Role: It basically is a scout/ranger.

Requests:
1. I would love to go either Beast Heart Adept and then Dungeon Lord (Both classes in Dungeonscape). But Only Dungeon Lord is really important as I can only qualify when and if I clear the whole dungeon.
2. I'm missing all gear, I really don't want gear beyond perhaps a harness or such, I don't like people who dresses dogs. Would you be open to allow me to buy permanency spells or Cybertech?

Buufreak
2024-03-13, 11:59 AM
I have, perhaps, dumb thoughts. If you would, I could use some input:

Skill monkey samurai.
Dual wielding full blades.
And all else fails, I do enjoy a totemist but have never gotten one through a game.

samduke
2024-03-13, 12:44 PM
@GM ok is google sheet or the like acceptable? I no longer use mw

Cygnia
2024-03-13, 01:26 PM
Time to crack out my SHOULDER MOUNTED ROCKET KITTEH~! AKA, my Tibbit Dragonfire Adept I've been dying to make.

Allahor, quick question -- would you allow Surrogate Spellcasting from Savage Species to work with invocations when she's in kitteh form?

https://i.imgur.com/Ce4xUlo.jpg

Metastachydium
2024-03-13, 03:05 PM
Oh no. Aurangh is not going Dungeincrasher anymore, so I'll actually have to pitch my newest demented idea! You see, Iconsidered trying to reactivate Kalliste for this, but then I felt that it wouldn't feel the same without the rest of the old crew and I saw Dungeoncrasher and…

Long story short, I now want to do a Merfolk who's also a compulsive vandal compulsively doing vandalism, but only through means other than dungeoncrashing. Basically, what I'm thinking right now is Warlock 3/Warblade 1/Cleric 1/LA +1 with Hammer Blast and Baleful Utterance AT-WILL, Mountain Hammer EVERY ROUND, Destruction Domain, Destruction Devotion and a Monkey Gripped Large maul – wielded while crawling forward at the breackneck speed of 5 to 10'.

SCARY WIZARD
2024-03-13, 03:24 PM
Time to crack out my SHOULDER MOUNTED ROCKET KITTEH~! AKA, my Tibbit Dragonfire Adept I've been dying to make.

Allahor, quick question -- would you allow Surrogate Spellcasting from Savage Species to work with invocations when she's in kitteh form?

https://i.imgur.com/ARuUvTV.jpg

namo
2024-03-13, 03:31 PM

I played one a long time back, it was a blast! Main problem was actually communication in cat form (the meow, rubbing legs, etc... only goes so far), but something can worked out for sure, in this campaign.
https://i.postimg.cc/j53R62WQ/chat-flambeur.jpg

Warlock 3/Warblade 1/Cleric 1/LA +1 with Hammer Blast and Baleful Utterance AT-WILL, Mountain Hammer EVERY ROUND, Destruction Domain, Destruction Devotion and a Monkey Gripped Large maul – wielded while crawling forward at the breackneck speed of 5 to 10'.
I was going to get Baleful Utterance with my Warlock level (flavoured as decay more than destruction).
I like your concept a lot, to be frank, so perhaps I could be persuaded to drop it in your favour. :smallsmile:
Anyway, lots of things can change still.

Athaleon
2024-03-13, 04:06 PM
Count me interested. Thinking of going Swordsage and/or Swashbuckler.

Benoojian
2024-03-13, 04:07 PM
Beguiler Reserve Mage (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?147086-3-5-The-Reserve-Mage) who tries to avoid using her actual magic as much as possible and rely on Reserve Feats
As long as we don’t expect to level up, she’ll only have 2 levels of Reserve Mage and not get into the silliness of throwing multiple reserve feats. It’s more like throwing suped up cantrips all day

Alhallor
2024-03-14, 03:33 AM
Requests:
1. I would love to go either Beast Heart Adept and then Dungeon Lord (Both classes in Dungeonscape). But Only Dungeon Lord is really important as I can only qualify when and if I clear the whole dungeon.
2. I'm missing all gear, I really don't want gear beyond perhaps a harness or such, I don't like people who dresses dogs. Would you be open to allow me to buy permanency spells or Cybertech?

1. Beast heart adept sounds fun, I don't know if you ever will be able to really profit from Dungeon Lord but there is a possibility.

2. I'm okay with Permanency spells or graft. Throw me a link for Cybertech if you have something specific in mind.

I have, perhaps, dumb thoughts. If you would, I could use some input:

Skill monkey samurai.
Dual wielding full blades.
And all else fails, I do enjoy a totemist but have never gotten one through a game.

The only input I could give is that I haven't found rules for the fullblade. I did found a Forgotten Realms wiki page but without statistics and a homebrew page but I don't know if that is the one you are searching for.
Totemist would work too.

@GM ok is google sheet or the like acceptable? I no longer use mw

As long as I can access it easily, it's ok. Google sheet works.

Should work with invocations. I approve cute kitty pictures.

Oh no. Aurangh is not going Dungeincrasher anymore, so I'll actually have to pitch my newest demented idea! You see, Iconsidered trying to reactivate Kalliste for this, but then I felt that it wouldn't feel the same without the rest of the old crew and I saw Dungeoncrasher and…

Long story short, I now want to do a Merfolk who's also a compulsive vandal compulsively doing vandalism, but only through means other than dungeoncrashing. Basically, what I'm thinking right now is Warlock 3/Warblade 1/Cleric 1/LA +1 with Hammer Blast and Baleful Utterance AT-WILL, Mountain Hammer EVERY ROUND, Destruction Domain, Destruction Devotion and a Monkey Gripped Large maul – wielded while crawling forward at the breackneck speed of 5 to 10'.

That sounds wonderfully insane, perfect for this adventure.

Beguiler Reserve Mage (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?147086-3-5-The-Reserve-Mage) who tries to avoid using her actual magic as much as possible and rely on Reserve Feats
As long as we don’t expect to level up, she’ll only have 2 levels of Reserve Mage and not get into the silliness of throwing multiple reserve feats. It’s more like throwing suped up cantrips all day

Reserve mage is a pretty fun idea, I approve!

If I should have missed a question, please just post it again.

All:

I'm pretty sure that you level up at least once. I didn't do all the math, I'm not sure how much you are going to level up in this adventure.

I want to stress that this may take a long time, there are a lot of rooms to explore, no idea how long it will take in RL time, I'm guessing around a year at least.

Ridai
2024-03-14, 05:10 AM
Faith St. Mary, Chosen Dungeon Enjoyer (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888190). Using the Channeler (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?196557-3-5-The-Channeler-an-angelic-invoker-Base-Class), a divine invoker.

Got imbued with divine powers on a lark by an angel of Hlal, Felice, and Faith uses her powers more like a friendly tourist and explorer. She wanted in on the whole dungeon mapping business, being an avid drawer. Too bad she kind of got kidnapped in the process, and when all she had on her were her clothes, her trusty water bottle, and her rod of ropes. Oh well! She'll figure something out! First order of business is finding some parchment and ink!

On a player level, I would like to for once play a character who doesn't already come into a dungeon kitted out, but rather has to use whatever is found. The Decanter of Endless Water is both Faith's source of food and drink, as well as being there for shenanigans. The Rod of Ropes is for getting around and being fun.

She can also summon her Horn of Heavens saxophone at-will, and you better believe she is gonna make use of it!

Auranghzeb
2024-03-14, 05:50 AM

I wanted to make a dungeoncrasher, you just made a DUNGEON THRASHER!

1. Beast heart adept sounds fun, I don't know if you ever will be able to really profit from Dungeon Lord but there is a possibility.

2. I'm okay with Permanency spells or graft. Throw me a link for Cybertech if you have something specific in mind.

1. Cool, I have no idea how I'll meet the prerequisites of Beast Heart, but I'll figure it out. The sad part is that even with the LA+2, the build is more effective than a ranger... which tells all you need to know about rangers' class design. Still one of my top 5 classes to play.

2. I'll finish up the sheet and send a list of thinks for your approval.

Rilem
2024-03-14, 09:23 AM
I could use some input:

Skill monkey samurai.
Dual wielding full blades..

Complete Warrior Samurai2/incarnate4? Approximate Fullblades by using golden weapons from FRCS, which bumps up damage dice.

samduke
2024-03-14, 09:50 AM
Backstory
Angie, possessed an uncanny ability to navigate the labyrinthine depths of many dungeons, even ancient dungeons with unparalleled skill. Armed with a keen eye for detail and an insatiable curiosity, she meticulously charted every corridor, chamber, and hidden passage, unraveling the mysteries of forgotten realms. Her maps, intricate and precise, became coveted artifacts among adventurers, guiding them through perilous landscapes and towards long-lost treasures. Angie's passion for exploration drove her to venture into the darkest recesses of these dungeons, facing dangers head-on and emerging victorious, her maps serving as a testament to her courage and expertise in the art of cartography.

Angie Croft (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10iZ4n2hej2fHgzyXXJZK8VLQ4XYt-3BHwYIKakn41ao/edit?ouid=103243929656553443280&usp=sheets_home&ths=true)

edited

Cygnia
2024-03-14, 10:51 AM
Mystery (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2727459)

As humanoid: Dark grey hair, dusky skin, green eyes, 2'8", 30lb, could be mistaken for a female halfling or gnome

As kitteh: Plush dark grey fur with a little smidge of white on her chest ruff, knowing green eyes, lean, licorice grey snoot with matching toe beans, 13lbs

There are few beings as magnificent or as egotistical as dragons.

Cats come pretty damn close. And a cat with a breath weapon and the intelligence to apply it is doubly so.

Quiet, cautious, aloof -- if Mystery could stay in cat form all the time, life would be perfect. Alas, there are times when she needs to interact with teh hoominoids on their level. And she begrudgingly accepts there are times when Thumbs are Useful. But she's more than a bit smug when it comes to being underestimated.

https://i.imgur.com/SPkPQJG.jpg

Buufreak
2024-03-14, 12:26 PM
Complete Warrior Samurai2/incarnate4? Approximate Fullblades by using golden weapons from FRCS, which bumps up damage dice.

They were all separate ideas. One using OA. One using AaEG. One using incarnum. The three builds would be entirely disjointed of each other.

It all just depends on what we actually need for a party, or what might be most fun.

Metastachydium
2024-03-14, 03:14 PM
I was going to get Baleful Utterance with my Warlock level (flavoured as decay more than destruction).
I like your concept a lot, to be frank, so perhaps I could be persuaded to drop it in your favour. :smallsmile:
Anyway, lots of things can change still.

No, no! I'm in a game with Alhallor where we both play unarmed warriors who could make synchronized Flying Kicks by virtue of them both possessing the feat. I think Brakq would, perhaps, even appreciate MORE people breaking MORE things.

I wanted to make a dungeoncrasher, you just made a DUNGEON THRASHER!

Let's just hope she doesn't meet the Dungeon fisher, though. (Have you noticed how canned tuna is often dolphin-free, but never explicitly mermaid-free?) At any rate, a 10' movement speed promises much thrashing uselessly about!

That sounds wonderfully insane, perfect for this adventure.

Why, thank you! I even made a sheet in the meantime:

Brakq the Hammer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2888383)
F Likely CE Merfolk Warlock 3/Cleric 1/Warblade 1, Level 5 (ECL 6), Init 1, HP 38/38, DR 1/cold iron, Speed 10', swim 50'
AC 13, Touch 9, Flat-footed 12, Fort 4, Ref 2, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 4
+1 MAUL +3 (2d8+7+1d6 (or MORE), ×3)
HAMMER BLAST (INFINITE) +5 (2d6, –)
Easy travel +1 sharkskin (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Misc)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 18
Condition None

A picture is forthcoming. arrives:

https://i.ibb.co/GTVW52S/CaptureH.png
Scaly fish skin? Check.
Weird bulging fish eyes? Check.
Debris of strictly unknown origin? Check.
Massive oversized hammer? CHECK.

AscarothD
2024-03-15, 01:08 AM
What are your thoughts on allowing this Homebrew Warlock (https://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=7221.msg111254#msg111254)

Alhallor
2024-03-15, 09:08 AM
What are your thoughts on allowing this Homebrew Warlock (https://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=7221.msg111254#msg111254)

I guess it's okay, what are you wanting of it, that the normal warlock doesn't get you?

Yas392
2024-03-15, 10:14 AM
I've settled on a neutral jermlaine sorcerer who uses everyday magic, sitting on his floating invisible throne, loafing about with his familiars watching the things unfold while doing his part at the same time.

Benoojian
2024-03-15, 02:15 PM
The same person that wrote the Reserve mage also wrote a few homebrew reserve feats (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?149358-3-5-Reserve-Feat-Brainstorming) to supplement. I was hoping to use a few of them. Particularly Corpswalk and Vanishing Act

AscarothD
2024-03-15, 02:49 PM
I guess it's okay, what are you wanting of it, that the normal warlock doesn't get you?

It's more generous with the invocations, and having access to cantrips is nice. The Dark Secret is similar to a 3/day metamagic feat or similar.

I'm debating on a Lesser Aasimar for race, and there is a Celestial Warlock Heritage that I give up the Dark Secret and gain abilities fluffed around the Angelic Heritage.

Protective Aura (Su): At 2nd level an angelic warlock radiates an aura of safety. Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 10 feet of you. The warlock may suppress or resume this aura as a free action. This aura can be dispelled, but the warlock can create it again as a free action on his next turn.

Smite Evil (Su): At 4th level an angelic warlock may attempt to smite evil with a normal melee attack or his eldritch blast. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per warlock level. If the angelic warlock accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect. Smite evil may only be used with a melee attack or an eldritch blast that requires an attack roll and only applies to the first creature attacked. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Angelic Countenance (Su): At 6th level an angelic warlock gains the ability to shine like the sun. The warlock may shine as the daylight spell. Undead within the range of this light take 1d4 + (1/2 your warlock level rounded down) points of positive energy damage every round they stay within its range. Activating this ability is a standard action and can be turned off as a swift action.

Buufreak
2024-03-15, 03:06 PM
They were all separate ideas. One using OA. One using AaEG. One using incarnum. The three builds would be entirely disjointed of each other.

It all just depends on what we actually need for a party, or what might be most fun.

Self quoting so I can @alhallor, who wanted clarification on the fullblade (so still pending approval). The biggest thing is it effectively uses 3.0 weapon size rules, and calls out fullblade as requiring the exotic weapon feat and 2 hands for the standard medium creature, with 2d8 damage. So a large, or in this case an effectively large, can do it with 1 hand.

namo
2024-03-15, 03:37 PM
The same person that wrote the Reserve mage also wrote a few homebrew reserve feats (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?149358-3-5-Reserve-Feat-Brainstorming) to supplement. I was hoping to use a few of them. Particularly Corpswalk and Vanishing Act

My 2c: they don't seem very well written overall (what happens to the current undead if you animate a new one with Corpsewalk? It gets destroyed, or remains but is now uncontrolled?), and Vanishing Act seems pretty overpowered (at-will Swift Invisibility, assuming "vanishing" means becoming invisible). It could stick to providing concealment for instance.
With that said, I love the idea of adding new Reserve feats.

Auranghzeb
2024-03-15, 04:42 PM
Ugh, the +2 LA is really killing me, not for power but because it makes it impossible to go into Beast Heart Adept until ECL 8. So before that I'll be taking two levels of Archivist, because An Eidetic Dogchivist is just too good to pass on.

But, i really have to ask: Would you be open to Oslecamo's Blink dog's progression? It is two levels, loses +4 to Dex and handles The blink and the Dimension Door as Spell-Like abilities, which is weaker than than (Su) and limits them to 4/HD per day each. I still think that they should be either swift or immediate actions, free actions are wrong.

Blink Dog

Hit Die: d10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Dog body, Blink, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, Scent
2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Dimension Door, Dimensional Agility, +1 Dex, +1 Wis
Skills: 4+Int mod. Class skills are A Blinkdogs class skills are Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A blinkdog is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Features

Dog Body:The Blink dog loses all other racial bonuses, and gains magical beast traits(basically darkvision 60 foot and low light vision). It is a medium sized magical beast with base speed 40 foot, and a natural weapon bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 Str modifier damage. Blink dogs have no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

A blink dog also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

Blink: Blink dogs have the ability to travel to and from the ethereal plane for brief bursts of time, because of this blink dogs often appear to be winking in and out of existence. A blink dog can use blink as a spell like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses. Using this ability requires a move action. When a Blinkdog reaches 5 HD he can use this ability as a free action. The caster level for this effect is the blinkdog’s HD

Ability Increase: A blink dog gains +1 to Dex at 1st level, +1 to Dex at 2nd level, +1 to Wis at 1st and second level, for a total of +2 Dex and +2 Wis at second level.

Scent: As the SRD ability.

Dimension Door: Blink dogs are masters of dimensional movement and can leap from one point to another in the blink of an eye. At 2nd level the blink dog can use Dimension Door as a spell-like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses, except that the range is equal to the Blink Dog's base speed. Using this ability requires a move action. At 8 HD this ability can be used as a free action, but only 1/round.

Dimensional Agility: At 2nd level the Blink Dog gains Dimensional Agility as a bonus feat.

Athaleon
2024-03-17, 06:40 PM
Now that it's finally letting me post, here's Variel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888566): a Swordsage that goes (almost) all-in on Desert Wind. Still needs fluff and mundane equipment but should otherwise be good to go.

Alhallor
2024-03-18, 03:26 AM

To be honest Corpsewalk seems fine. With you taking Reserve mage you have a 2 HD zombie? That's not overpowered.

Vanishing Act seems pretty strong but with it being a swift and not an immediate action I can see it working, given that you don't spam it to be invisible all the time. (Because you only use a swift action every round, yada yada...)

I haven't looked at the other reserve feats at detail if you want to take others I'll give them a closer look.

It's more generous with the invocations, and having access to cantrips is nice. The Dark Secret is similar to a 3/day metamagic feat or similar.

I'm debating on a Lesser Aasimar for race, and there is a Celestial Warlock Heritage that I give up the Dark Secret and gain abilities fluffed around the Angelic Heritage.

Protective Aura (Su): At 2nd level an angelic warlock radiates an aura of safety. Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 10 feet of you. The warlock may suppress or resume this aura as a free action. This aura can be dispelled, but the warlock can create it again as a free action on his next turn.

Smite Evil (Su): At 4th level an angelic warlock may attempt to smite evil with a normal melee attack or his eldritch blast. He adds his Charisma bonus (if any) to his attack roll and deals 1 extra point of damage per warlock level. If the angelic warlock accidentally smites a creature that is not evil, the smite has no effect. Smite evil may only be used with a melee attack or an eldritch blast that requires an attack roll and only applies to the first creature attacked. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.

Angelic Countenance (Su): At 6th level an angelic warlock gains the ability to shine like the sun. The warlock may shine as the daylight spell. Undead within the range of this light take 1d4 + (1/2 your warlock level rounded down) points of positive energy damage every round they stay within its range. Activating this ability is a standard action and can be turned off as a swift action.

I'm okay with the angelic version, but I'm not okay with Lesser Assimar.

Self quoting so I can @alhallor, who wanted clarification on the fullblade (so still pending approval). The biggest thing is it effectively uses 3.0 weapon size rules, and calls out fullblade as requiring the exotic weapon feat and 2 hands for the standard medium creature, with 2d8 damage. So a large, or in this case an effectively large, can do it with 1 hand.

I'm okay with weird weapon scaling (I guess... It depends what comes of it.) Will it end up doing 6d6 damage? That's too much for this poor dungeon.

Ugh, the +2 LA is really killing me, not for power but because it makes it impossible to go into Beast Heart Adept until ECL 8. So before that I'll be taking two levels of Archivist, because An Eidetic Dogchivist is just too good to pass on.

But, i really have to ask: Would you be open to Oslecamo's Blink dog's progression? It is two levels, loses +4 to Dex and handles The blink and the Dimension Door as Spell-Like abilities, which is weaker than than (Su) and limits them to 4/HD per day each. I still think that they should be either swift or immediate actions, free actions are wrong.

Blink Dog

Hit Die: d10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Features
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Dog body, Blink, +1 Dex, +1 Wis, Scent
2 +2 +3 +3 +0 Dimension Door, Dimensional Agility, +1 Dex, +1 Wis
Skills: 4+Int mod. Class skills are A Blinkdogs class skills are Balance, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, and Swim.

Proficiencies: A blinkdog is proficient with its own natural weapons.

Features

Dog Body:The Blink dog loses all other racial bonuses, and gains magical beast traits(basically darkvision 60 foot and low light vision). It is a medium sized magical beast with base speed 40 foot, and a natural weapon bite attack dealing 1d6+1,5 Str modifier damage. Blink dogs have no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

A blink dog also gains a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

Blink: Blink dogs have the ability to travel to and from the ethereal plane for brief bursts of time, because of this blink dogs often appear to be winking in and out of existence. A blink dog can use blink as a spell like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses. Using this ability requires a move action. When a Blinkdog reaches 5 HD he can use this ability as a free action. The caster level for this effect is the blinkdog’s HD

Ability Increase: A blink dog gains +1 to Dex at 1st level, +1 to Dex at 2nd level, +1 to Wis at 1st and second level, for a total of +2 Dex and +2 Wis at second level.

Scent: As the SRD ability.

Dimension Door: Blink dogs are masters of dimensional movement and can leap from one point to another in the blink of an eye. At 2nd level the blink dog can use Dimension Door as a spell-like ability 4/day for each HD it possesses, except that the range is equal to the Blink Dog's base speed. Using this ability requires a move action. At 8 HD this ability can be used as a free action, but only 1/round.

Dimensional Agility: At 2nd level the Blink Dog gains Dimensional Agility as a bonus feat.

I do like it being less powerful, but I don't wanna start allowing Oslecamo or I gain a flow of requests regarding that. But I do would like to limit it as swift and immediate actions for both Blink and Dimenison Door... I can also see you're conondrum, I'd think about it a bit and come back to you.

I haven't done the math on how many levels you will gain in the dungeon, I'm pretty sure it won't be 0.

Auranghzeb
2024-03-18, 04:20 AM
I do like it being less powerful, but I don't wanna start allowing Oslecamo or I gain a flow of requests regarding that. But I do would like to limit it as swift and immediate actions for both Blink and Dimenison Door... I can also see you're conondrum, I'd think about it a bit and come back to you.

I haven't done the math on how many levels you will gain in the dungeon, I'm pretty sure it won't be 0.

Totally get it, that's a can of worms I'd not open myself.

I'd be fine If I hadn't remembered that Beast Heart Adept existed... Now I'm thorn between playing a blink dogchivist who wants to befriend an Otyugh or the guy who has a blink dog as companion.

I'll trust in our survival and go with what I have, taking either Archivist or Factotum at CL7 and 8 and then Beast Heart Adept. I'll finish the gear and send a reviewed link after work today.

Yas392
2024-03-18, 05:47 AM
Here is Jem (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2889418), my Jermlaine Sorcerer. Still WiP. Decided to be NE instead of N because there is someone who went CE. That may change.

Metastachydium
2024-03-18, 11:27 AM
Brakq the Hammer

Meanwhile: eleventh time the charm! I finally managed to get the formatting toolbars to load and update things with a picture. Brakq is ready for review (and to break things)!

(Also, since it came up, CE in this particular instance means not so much "look, an orphan, let's murder 'em and wear their corpse" as "if I manage to crawl close enough to it within this century, I'd so love to test the structural integrity of that architectural feature WITH A HAMMER!!" At any rate, I'm all on board with the whole Tiny Evil Rat Fey Sorcerer idea, and you almost had me with that CHA of 6, Yas!)

Buufreak
2024-03-18, 11:44 AM
I'm okay with weird weapon scaling (I guess... It depends what comes of it.) Will it end up doing 6d6 damage? That's too much for this poor dungeon.

Nope! The full plan is swinging them wildly and widely, and building straight fighter. No size spells. No might wallop. Just meaty swords and strength stat and bab to back them up.

Benoojian
2024-03-18, 12:56 PM
To be honest Corpsewalk seems fine. With you taking Reserve mage you have a 2 HD zombie? That's not overpowered.

Vanishing Act seems pretty strong but with it being a swift and not an immediate action I can see it working, given that you don't spam it to be invisible all the time. (Because you only use a swift action every round, yada yada...)

I haven't looked at the other reserve feats at detail if you want to take others I'll give them a closer look.

I think Corpsewalk needs the word "control" switched to "animate" to clarify that only one zombie can exist at a time. It is up to you if that means that a second casting is impossible or if a second casting de-animates the first. Either is fine with me, but cutting off the "I let loose a dozen uncontrolled zombies inside the enemy camp" problem from poor wording is a good idea.

You can't do a swift action while flat-footed for instance so at 1 round invisibility I cannot start most combats invisible. Except extremely well-timed ambushes.

Bee Swarm and Shattering Word, Both are damage reserve feats with an added effect. Bee swarm is a little weird, in that it doesn't do damage unless the person moves within the next round, and Shattering Word ignores hardness, so it can be used to slowly destroy locks for instance.

And possibly at higher levels taking Smoulder or Enrage. Enrage is a little poorly written as it just states they attack any creature but imply they mean nearest creature.

I did have to change my level distribution to Beguiler3/Reserve Mage 3 (Precocious Apprentice to get access at the same level as Wizard), because most of the non-direct damage Reserve Feats are 3rd level and I want utility more than damage. That does unlock Reserve Fuse, which is a bit of an increase in ability.

Edit: Gina Thorne (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888381), Arcane Gnome Reserve Mage and Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire*

*Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire is a marketing term and does not guarantee the quality of adventuring, nor the survival of your party. Agreeing to adventure with Gina indemnifies her from any potential damages you may incur during the adventure up to and including death.

AscarothD
2024-03-18, 01:29 PM
I'm okay with the angelic version, but I'm not okay with Lesser Assimar.

The thing that made Lesser Aasimar LA +0 is because they are no longer Outsiders, they are humanoid planetouched, meaning they are now vulnerable to spells that effect humanoids.
I don't mind dropping the +2 wis, and daylight 1/day if that helps.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-18, 02:33 PM
A little late, but as it still open I will ask.

Have an idea for a dread necromancer. Would you be cool on that?

Burning Spear
2024-03-18, 03:32 PM
With this Revenant, I'd lean Assuran (Hoar)/ Velsharoon. Alignment L.N.

"Grigor Hulmaster"
https://scontent-lhr6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/430290183_10160234236504865_1520220018202206911_n. jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=bJQQ5_ESfAsAX-OmcM6&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-1.xx&oh=00_AfCy_wPf8NcP3MLoKzwXy1woglttsoFy0Src7a1KqjSd rQ&oe=65FEB591
Ex - (aka Lord) Harmach of Hulburg.
source (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Grigor_Hulmaster)

32 Point buy:
+4 Str
+2 Cha

Str) 15 +4= 19
Dex) 14
Con) -
Int) 15
Wis) 10
Cha) 15 +2= 17
Hp) 36
Saves)
Magic*
F) +0/ +0 +4= +4 *+1= +5
R) +0/ +0 +2= +2 *+1= +3
W) +2/ +3 +3= +8 *+1= +9
Bab) +0/ +1= +1
Languages Known;
-Common
-Chondathan
-Damaran
-Dwarven
-Elven
-Draconic
-Untheric
-Netherese

If +3 LA:
1) Wizard 1
2) H.Paragon 1
3) H.Paragon 2
= Lvl 1 spells

4) H.Paragon 3
5) Master Specialist 1
= Lvl 2 spells.

1) Wizard 1 (Illusionist with Chains of Disbelief (Ex) and Illusion Mastery (Ex) (no familiar and no extra spell per day)
(Illusionist specialist, no Abjuration/ Alteration), Scribe Scroll.
2) Human Paragon 1 (no caster lvl) Martial Wpn.Prof: Lance, Adaptive Learning (Ex): Gather Info
3) Human Paragon 2
4) Human Paragon 3 +2 Int/ +1 Str or Cha
5) Master Specialist 1 (feats: Skill Focus-Spellcraft)
6) Master Specialist 2 (Expanded Spellbook: +1 spell; ) Ft: Saddleback?

B1) Force of Personality (Cha instead of Wis for Will Sv.) (Defensive)
1) Collegiate Wizzard (Yes a little optimized.)
1) Precocious Apprentice-Phantasmal Assailants
H) Multilingual (+3 Languages, Language skill always inclass, +2 Decipher) (Fluffy)
3) Spellfocus - Illusion (Somewhat optimized)
H.P2) Positive Energy Resistance (10)
B2) Life Sense

Spells: (Per day: 5x 0, 4x 1, +1 Lvl 1/ +1 lvl 2)
6+Int (2)= 8 lvl 1, all lvl 0
4 +2 Illusionist* spells per subsequent lvl.
Lvl0)
Detect Magic [1/-]
Read Magic
Silent Portal* [2/-]
Caltrops
Arcane Mark
Prestidigitation [1/1]
Ray of Frost [1/-]

Lvl1)
Charm person
Identify
Detect Secret Doors [1/-]
Summon Undead I [1/-]
Wall of Smoke [1/-]
Master's Touch
Dead End*
Disguise Self*

Spontaneous Search [1/-]
Appraising Touch [1/-]
Serene Visage*
Ventriloquism*
Cloak Pool
Delusions of Grandeur

Lvl2) (on my next level gain)
Phantasmal Assailants* (My fav.)
Shadow mask*
Invisibility *
Continual Flame
Summon Undead II
Create Magic Tattoo
Discern Shapechanger

Skills: (2+2= 4x4= 16 +4 Human, 4 +2/ +1= 7, 7 = 34)
Know Arcana 4 +2/ +2
Know History 2 +2
Gather Info 5 +3
=10
Concentration 4 +3
Spellcraft 5 +2/ +2
Know Nob. & Royalty 1 +2
Ride Horse 1 +2
Know Religion 1 +2
Decipher Script 1 +2/ +2
=14
Search 5 +2
Spot 2 +0
Sense Motive 2 +0
Language 1
=10
Total=34

Fluff:
Grigor is a Human Noble of a lesser family, died at the hands of some Zhentarim Cyricists), His god Assuran allows him to come back and gifts him a token item (this is an items that will allow me to exist even after I killed one of my initial killers (although Grigor doesn't know that yet).) Grigor has been haunting his killers so far, and managed to kill one of them, but the main group of culprits are still at large.

Grigor is a consummate Noble, educated, curious, but a little snobby, loves horses more then humans. He's curious about landscape and terrain features on a grand scale, history of all sorts and knows somewhat about the nobility and is a fervent believer of the divine, even if he isn't a priest.

As Harmach he wasn't a Tyrant, he was well meaning, and reasonably good at arbitrating disputes, running day to day he left to his staff though. When Cyricist assassins came for him, he fought as good as he could, but to no avail unfortunately. Grigor knows he has changed somehow, but unsure as to the exact nature of it all, he always had a strong
religious connection to his gods of adherance, both Velsharoon and his main god Assuran, He definately feels stronger, both in physical strenght and a little more charismatic, but nothing outwardly tells him anything else yet.

Grigor also feels a nagging urge to find his killers, he knows he hates them, and wants revenge, but this nagging feeling is different, more demanding, as if he is being guided, whether by his hatred for his killers, or by his god, he isn't sure, it's just another issue he has to try to find out, reflecting to himself.
(None of his immunities are things he'd gladly try out, so trial and error will only show him these, and I will play him as if he still supposes he is "human".)

Items/ Possesions; (13.000 gp)
Ring of Assuran; (suggested request to Dm.)
Ring of Protection +1, + (Any Revenant wearing this ring does not dissipate at the end of 6 months after it's creation, it proceeds to exist indefinately by Assuran's will, and Assuran wil divert my attention to a new target when my initial target is resolved, so a good trope for the Dm to use if we go any further even after this initial dungeon campaign.), (2.000
+??)
Gloves of Ogre Strenght +2 Strenght (4.000)
Mithril Round Heavy Steel Shield +1, (1.000+ 170=1.170
Stiletto +1 (Dagger) (p) (his main weapon with his shield when not mounted) (302+2.000= 2.302)
Mw Lance (310)
=9.782
Noble's Outfit,
Survival outfit,
Warhorse, heavy,
Saddle and bit.
Belt Pouch,
Lance's

Buufreak
2024-03-18, 09:22 PM
snip

This all looks a bit optimized for what is advertised as quite the suboptimal game.

Burning Spear
2024-03-19, 02:57 AM
This all looks a bit optimized for what is advertised as quite the suboptimal game.

Couple of feats that will never get used in a dungeon?
Yea, soooo optimized, 😆
A wizard with int 14?
Nobody wants to play a complete noob, but there has to be some character concept consistency regardless of "optimization or not".
Please let me and the Dm talk about this, instead of crying foul right from the get-go.

Also; how is a Gnome single classed lvl 6 mage with an Int of 18 at start up not optimized? (just to make a point).

Ridai
2024-03-19, 10:45 AM
Posted sheets (in posting order)

Player
Character
Races + Classes
Notes

AscarothD
Solis Augustine (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2889235)
Aasimar Warlock
Incomplete

Auranghzeb
Blink Dog
Floof Fluff Background here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25979547&postcount=17)

Ridai
Faith St. Mary (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888190)
Human Channeler (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?196557-3-5-The-Channeler-an-angelic-invoker-Base-Class)
Done

samduke
Angie Croft (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10iZ4n2hej2fHgzyXXJZK8VLQ4XYt-3BHwYIKakn41ao/edit?ouid=103243929656553443280&usp=sheets_home&ths=true)
Human Factotum/Warmage
Background here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25980105&postcount=30)

Cygnia
Tibbit Dragonfire Adept
Scheming

Metastachydium
Merfolk Warlock/Cleric/Warblade
Done

Athaleon
Variel Karsomyr (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888566)
Human Swordsage
Incomplete

Yas392
Jem (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2889418)
Jermlaine Sorcerer
Backstory in progress?

Benoojian
Gian Thorne (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888381)
Arcane Gnome Beguiler/Reserve Mage (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?147086-3-5-The-Reserve-Mage)
No background

Burning Spear
{CHARNAME} (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25981631&postcount=51)
Revenant Wizard/Human Paragon/Master Specialist
Incomplete

Also, a thought on Faith St. Mary's Horn of Heavens: it's a full action to do 3d8 sonic damage in a 20ft cone, with a save for half, then one round of cooldown before it can be tooted again. The main objective, really, is to have summonable tootables at-will.

If the damage of the horn feels like it would be too much, can we make a deal and change it to an invocation with which Faith can summon any type of normal instrument (only one summoned instrument at a time, and disappears if dropped) and maybe a sketchbook with drawing supplies?

Cygnia
2024-03-19, 10:56 AM
Scheming

*Mystery affects a look of innocence with a "borrowed" halo*

Yas392
2024-03-19, 12:25 PM
Updating my status.

Player
Character
Races + Classes
Notes

AscarothD
Aasimar Warlock
Incomplete

Auranghzeb
Blink Dog
Floof Fluff Background here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25979547&postcount=17)

Ridai
Human Channeler (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?196557-3-5-The-Channeler-an-angelic-invoker-Base-Class)
Done

samduke
Human Factotum/Warmage
Background here (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25980105&postcount=30)

Cygnia
Tibbit Dragonfire Adept
Scheming

Metastachydium
Done

Athaleon
Human Swordsage
Incomplete

Yas392
Jermlaine Sorcerer
Complete

Benoojian
Arcane Gnome Beguiler/Reserve Mage (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?147086-3-5-The-Reserve-Mage)
No background

Burning Spear
{CHARNAME} (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25981631&postcount=51)
Incomplete

AscarothD
2024-03-19, 01:43 PM
The only reason I have not completed my app yet, is if the GM still will not allow me to play a lesser Aasimar even with being humanoid planetouched, instead of outsider, I offered to also remove the +2 Wis and my 1/day daylight spell.

I figured that it's a big enough nerf, but still gives me +2 Charisma.

It's also the main reason he would have the Celestial Heritage warlock feature. :)

Simply waiting for the GM to respond.

Did perhaps the GM say no, because I took 2 feats? Celestial Heritage and Outsider Wings?

Outsider Wings (Celestial)
( Races of Faerun, p. 167)
[General]
You have sprouted wings appropriate to your heritage, revealing the power of your supernatural bloodline.

Prerequisite: Aasimar or tiefling, and Will saves +2, base Fortitude, Celestial Bloodline or Fiendish Bloodline, Reflex,

Benefit: You gain wings (feathered if an aasimar, batlike if a tiefling), allowing you to fly at your land speed (average maneuverability). A medium or heavy load that would reduce your land speed reduces your fly speed a proportionate amount.

Added Note. Warlocks have fell flight invocation at 6th, if I wanted to gain flight through an invocation.
FELL FLIGHT
Lesser; 3rd
When you use this invocation, the powers of darkness bear you aloft as you sprout a streaming, winglike cape of shadows. You can fly at a speed equal to your land speed with good maneuverability for 24 hours.

If the wings were the reason not approving the lesser aasimar, I can simply not gain flight in general. Feats or Invocation. Does it also mean banning any other methods of flight and teleportation?

Burning Spear
2024-03-19, 02:12 PM

Likewise, but I'll bve scribbling away at my fluff, basing it on Forgotten Realms untill told otherwise :smallyuk::smallconfused::smallbiggrin:.

My character's name btw: Grigor Hulmaster

Burning Spear
2024-03-19, 02:33 PM
Updating my status.

Player
Character
Races + Classes
Notes

AscarothD
Aasimar Warlock
Incomplete

Auranghzeb
Blink Dog

Ridai
Done

samduke
Human Factotum/Warmage

Cygnia
Tibbit Dragonfire Adept
Scheming

Metastachydium
Done

Athaleon
Human Swordsage
Incomplete

Yas392
Jermlaine Sorcerer
Complete

Benoojian
No background

Burning Spear
Grigor Hulmaster (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25981631&postcount=51)
Coming/ Scheming (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25981631&postcount=51)

Aegis013
2024-03-19, 10:51 PM
Throwing in a Knight, should be very low on the power scale.

Player
Character
Races + Classes
Notes

AscarothD
Aasimar Warlock
Incomplete

Auranghzeb
Blink Dog

Ridai
Done

samduke
Human Factotum/Warmage

Cygnia
Tibbit Dragonfire Adept
Scheming

Metastachydium
Done

Athaleon
Human Swordsage
Incomplete

Yas392
Jermlaine Sorcerer
Complete

Benoojian
No background

Burning Spear
Grigor Hulmaster (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25981631&postcount=51)
Coming/ Scheming (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=25981631&postcount=51)

Aegis013
Xyrona (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2889957)
Half-Elf Knight/Anointed Knight
Pending additional fluff

Alhallor
2024-03-20, 04:25 AM
Totally get it, that's a can of worms I'd not open myself.

I'd be fine If I hadn't remembered that Beast Heart Adept existed... Now I'm thorn between playing a blink dogchivist who wants to befriend an Otyugh or the guy who has a blink dog as companion.

I'll trust in our survival and go with what I have, taking either Archivist or Factotum at CL7 and 8 and then Beast Heart Adept. I'll finish the gear and send a reviewed link after work today.

Regarding the Blink Dog.

Would you be okay with capping the Blink and Dimension Door to Oslecamo levels (only be used on HD as immediate and swift actions respectively and making them Su's), getting the +4 Dex down to a +2 and just using the 4 racial HD with no adjustments?

I know it's a weird hodgepodge of changes but that feels right to me (and you can still get in some levels of Archivist that way.)

Nope! The full plan is swinging them wildly and widely, and building straight fighter. No size spells. No might wallop. Just meaty swords and strength stat and bab to back them up.

I'm okay with that. The last dungeon game just had a 6d6+strength hammer wielder that was... A little much for the game.

I think Corpsewalk needs the word "control" switched to "animate" to clarify that only one zombie can exist at a time. It is up to you if that means that a second casting is impossible or if a second casting de-animates the first. Either is fine with me, but cutting off the "I let loose a dozen uncontrolled zombies inside the enemy camp" problem from poor wording is a good idea.

You can't do a swift action while flat-footed for instance so at 1 round invisibility I cannot start most combats invisible. Except extremely well-timed ambushes.

Bee Swarm and Shattering Word, Both are damage reserve feats with an added effect. Bee swarm is a little weird, in that it doesn't do damage unless the person moves within the next round, and Shattering Word ignores hardness, so it can be used to slowly destroy locks for instance.

And possibly at higher levels taking Smoulder or Enrage. Enrage is a little poorly written as it just states they attack any creature but imply they mean nearest creature.

I did have to change my level distribution to Beguiler3/Reserve Mage 3 (Precocious Apprentice to get access at the same level as Wizard), because most of the non-direct damage Reserve Feats are 3rd level and I want utility more than damage. That does unlock Reserve Fuse, which is a bit of an increase in ability.

Edit: Gina Thorne (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888381), Arcane Gnome Reserve Mage and Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire*

*Dungeon Delver Extraordinaire is a marketing term and does not guarantee the quality of adventuring, nor the survival of your party. Agreeing to adventure with Gina indemnifies her from any potential damages you may incur during the adventure up to and including death.

I'm down for the Corpsewalk changes and glad that you're not gonna spam Invisibility.

I think the other Reserve feats are fine (I didn't saw anything truly outrageous if I interpret them correctly). Letting loose a Bee swarm will be great. Be prepared for a counter in the form of "Tensers really annoying bee" though.

The thing that made Lesser Aasimar LA +0 is because they are no longer Outsiders, they are humanoid planetouched, meaning they are now vulnerable to spells that effect humanoids.
I don't mind dropping the +2 wis, and daylight 1/day if that helps.

Yes, I think dropping the +2 wis would be fine for me. You can keep the daylight, I just think 2 +2's are a bit much without any LA or other balancing factors.

A little late, but as it still open I will ask.

Have an idea for a dread necromancer. Would you be cool on that?

Yes, but with caveats. Don't make yourself healable by negative energy and don't build an undead army to solve problems for you. Minionmancy seems to be the death for a lot of games. If you're just fine with using dread necromancers spells and other abilities I'm fine with it.

Also interested, i'd like to apply with a revenant build (+1 cr, but no LA, other then some person adjudicating it a +3 LA)

Also, what world is this dungeon going to be in? what gods are allowed? I am partial to Forgotten Realms'S Pantheon tbh.

With this Revenant, I'd lean Assuran (Hoar)/ Velsharoon. Alignment L.N.

"Grigor Hulmaster"
https://scontent-lhr6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/430290183_10160234236504865_1520220018202206911_n. jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=bJQQ5_ESfAsAX-OmcM6&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr6-1.xx&oh=00_AfCy_wPf8NcP3MLoKzwXy1woglttsoFy0Src7a1KqjSd rQ&oe=65FEB591
(Lord aka) Harmach
source (https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Grigor_Hulmaster)

32 Point buy:
+4 Str
+2 Cha

Str) 15 +4= 19
Dex) 14
Con) -
Int) 14
Wis) 10
Cha) 16 +2= 18

If +3 LA:
1) Wizard 1
2) H.Paragon 1
3) H.Paragon 2
= Lvl 1 spells

4) H.Paragon 3
5) Master Specialist 1
= Lvl 2 spells.

1) Wizard 1 (Illusionist with Chains of Disbelief (Ex) and Illusion Mastery (Ex) (no familiar and no extra spell per day)
(Illusionist specialist, no Abjuration/ Alteration)
2) Human Paragon 1 (no caster lvl) Martial Wpn.Prof: Lance, Adaptive Learning (Ex): Gather Info
3) Human Paragon 2
4) Human Paragon 3 +2/ +1
5) Master Specialist 1 (feats: Skill Focus-Spellcraft)
6) Master Specialist 2 (Expanded Spellbook: +1 spell; )

B1) Force of Personality (Cha instead of Wis for Will Sv.) (Defensive)
B2) Positive Energy Resistance or Life Sense (Defensive or More options)
1) Collegiate Wizzard (Yes a little optimized.)
1) Saddleback (Regional) (Fluffy, no-one takes a horse into a dungeon, now do they?!))
H) Multilingual (+3 Languages, Language skill always inclass, +2 Decipher) (Fluffy)
3) Spellfocus - Illusion (Somewhat optimized)
H.P2) Mounted Combat (Again, horse in a dungeon?)

Spells:
6+Int (2)= 8 lvl 1, all lvl 0
4 +2 Illusionist spells per subsequent lvl.
Lvl0)
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Silent Portal

Lvl1)
Charm person
Identify
Detect Secret Doors
Summon Undead I
Wall of Smoke
Master's Touch
Dead End*
Disguise Self*

Spontaneous Search
Appraising Touch
Serene Visage*
Ventriloquism*
Cloak Pool
Delusions of Grandeur

Lvl2)
Phantasmal Assailants* (My fav.)
Invisibility *
Continual Flame
Summon Undead II
Create Magic Tattoo
Discern Shapechanger

Skills:
Know Arcana .. +2/ +2

Fluff: (currently nutshell, will elaborate more once I get some answers rto my questions from the Dm.)
Human Noble of a lesser family, died at the hands of some (?? Dm can suggest his worlds evil guys, If Forgotten Realms, then I'd be eyeing Zhentarim Cyricists), Assuran allows him to come back and gifts him a token item (magical item with nothing much, this is more an items that will allow me to exist even after

So presuming the setting used is Forgotten Realms (yes it's a big presumption, but I cna at least start writing my fluff, and can alter it if another world is chosen.)

Items/ Possesions; (13.000 gp)
Ring of Assuran; (suggested request to Dm.)
Ring of Protection +1, + Any Revenant wearing this ring does not dissipate at the end of 6 months after it's creation, it proceeds to exist indefinately by Assuran's will.

Gloves of Ogre Strenght +2 Strenght
Round Heavy Shield +1,
Stiletto +1 (Dagger) (p) (his main weapon with his shield when not mounted)
Mw Lance

+3 LA seems to be fitting for a Revenant, I'm not sure about the Regeneration because it basically seems that you're unkillable without a very specific setup. Even with lethal damage you're just popping up some minutes later that seems... Pretty excessive. As written it seems to powerful do you have any ideas how to balance that down and still maintaining the vision you clearly have for this guy?

I haven't thought about the setting at all, I guess you're not doing wrong with Forgotten Realms. But you won't meet any NPC's from there.

snip

Also, a thought on Faith St. Mary's Horn of Heavens: it's a full action to do 3d8 sonic damage in a 20ft cone, with a save for half, then one round of cooldown before it can be tooted again. The main objective, really, is to have summonable tootables at-will.

If the damage of the horn feels like it would be too much, can we make a deal and change it to an invocation with which Faith can summon any type of normal instrument (only one summoned instrument at a time, and disappears if dropped) and maybe a sketchbook with drawing supplies?

I'm pretty sure 3d8 save for half is fine.

The only reason I have not completed my app yet, is if the GM still will not allow me to play a lesser Aasimar even with being humanoid planetouched, instead of outsider, I offered to also remove the +2 Wis and my 1/day daylight spell.

I figured that it's a big enough nerf, but still gives me +2 Charisma.

It's also the main reason he would have the Celestial Heritage warlock feature. :)

Did perhaps the GM say no, because I took 2 feats? Celestial Heritage and Outsider Wings?

Outsider Wings (Celestial)
( Races of Faerun, p. 167)
[General]
You have sprouted wings appropriate to your heritage, revealing the power of your supernatural bloodline.

Prerequisite: Aasimar or tiefling, and Will saves +2, base Fortitude, Celestial Bloodline or Fiendish Bloodline, Reflex,

Benefit: You gain wings (feathered if an aasimar, batlike if a tiefling), allowing you to fly at your land speed (average maneuverability). A medium or heavy load that would reduce your land speed reduces your fly speed a proportionate amount.

Added Note. Warlocks have fell flight invocation at 6th, if I wanted to gain flight through an invocation.
FELL FLIGHT
Lesser; 3rd
When you use this invocation, the powers of darkness bear you aloft as you sprout a streaming, winglike cape of shadows. You can fly at a speed equal to your land speed with good maneuverability for 24 hours.

If the wings were the reason not approving the lesser aasimar, I can simply not gain flight in general. Feats or Invocation. Does it also mean banning any other methods of flight and teleportation?

Flight is fine, you will have a ceiling and being a flyer may make things... Interesting to say the least in certain encounters. Sorry that I was late on answering the latest bunch of questions.

--------------------------ALL----------------------

I won't correspond to finished charakters, if there isn't a question attached.

Sorry for taking longer for this set of questions, I hope I could answer anything that came up. Should I missed questions, please just send them again.

Auranghzeb
2024-03-20, 05:06 AM
Regarding the Blink Dog.

Would you be okay with capping the Blink and Dimension Door to Oslecamo levels (only be used on HD as immediate and swift actions respectively and making them Su's), getting the +4 Dex down to a +2 and just using the 4 racial HD with no adjustments?

I know it's a weird hodgepodge of changes but that feels right to me (and you can still get in some levels of Archivist that way.)

Totally fine! No LA is completely worth the "nerf". This means I can actually have a Beast Heart Adept Lvl.

Metastachydium
2024-03-20, 06:36 AM
I'm okay with that. The last dungeon game just had a 6d6+strength hammer wielder that was... A little much for the game.

Would that mean I should reconsider Brakq the Hammer's eponymous hammer and its 2d8+3d6+15 points of damage? (Or the bomb on her person that can deal 8-to-24d6 points of damage to unattended objects, once?)

Burning Spear
2024-03-20, 07:48 AM
Yes, but with caveats. Don't make yourself healable by negative energy and don't build an undead army to solve problems for you. Minionmancy seems to be the death for a lot of games. If you're just fine with using dread necromancers spells and other abilities I'm fine with it.
I wanna step into this question/ answer, Army building I can understand, Minionmancy is only the death of a game if it is missused, but why isn't he allowed to make himself healable by Necro Energy?
(I would like to be able, in some game, raise Lord Orgauth Denuthson from death, and have him as a secondary asset, not necessarily in this game though)

+3 LA seems to be fitting for a Revenant, I'm not sure about the Regeneration because it basically seems that you're unkillable without a very specific setup. Even with lethal damage you're just popping up some minutes later that seems... Pretty excessive. As written it seems to powerful do you have any ideas how to balance that down and still maintaining the vision you clearly have for this guy?
Ehm, fast healing does take into account that undead instantly die when they reach 0 hp, regardless of fast healing, or am I misunderstanding something? Necro Healing is easy, just as easy as Positive Healing, if a Dread Necro is also added to the party, he/ she/ it can heal my scrub, something to keep in mind.
We can lower the Fast Healing, but not completely remove it?.

I haven't thought about the setting at all, I guess you're not doing wrong with Forgotten Realms. But you won't meet any NPC's from there.
Cool! Just have a think about where your dungeon is situated please.

Alhallor
2024-03-20, 09:03 AM
Totally fine! No LA is completely worth the "nerf". This means I can actually have a Beast Heart Adept Lvl.

Good that you agree.

Would that mean I should reconsider Brakq the Hammer's eponymous hammer and its 2d8+3d6+15 points of damage? (Or the bomb on her person that can deal 8-to-24d6 points of damage to unattended objects, once?)

You're actually expending a ressource here (even with an easy recharge method due to Warblade), I'm okay with that. And you're... Really slow, Some things do balance each other out. the bombs are... A thing but with them basically only usable against objects (if I haven't read the wrong entry) I'm fine with it.

I wanna step into this question/ answer, Army building I can understand, Minionmancy is only the death of a game if it is missused, but why isn't he allowed to make himself healable by Necro Energy?

(I would like to be able, in some game, raise Lord Orgauth Denuthson from death, and have him as a secondary asset, not necessarily in this game though)

Ehm, fast healing does take into account that undead instantly die when they reach 0 hp, regardless of fast healing, or am I misunderstanding something? Necro Healing is easy, just as easy as Positive Healing, if a Dread Necro is also added to the party, he/ she/ it can heal my scrub, something to keep in mind.
We can lower the Fast Healing, but not completely remove it?.

Cool! Just have a think about where your dungeon is situated please.

I'm not sure why you're asking for another person but I can answer these.

I don't like infinite healing, that's what a Dread necromancer can do with his pets and even to himself if he's able to heal himself with negative energy. Being on full HP every encounter is... Just something I dislike because using ressources to counter what a fight has done to you is something that I like, even when these ressources are renewable, they are still somehow limited.

What version of the Revenant are you using? The one that I found from the SRD has Regeneration not fast healing and instantly reforms some minutes after even if brought to 0 HP. This does work in a high level campaign where the enemies have ressources and the knowledge to counter the very specific kill conditions of a revenant, but definitely not here in this game.

I'm also not sure about you're last question?/Demand?

The adventure will end when you have completed the dungeon it will not have any relevance where the dungeon is actually situated, the adventure will also start in a way where you won't actually know where the dungeon is. Basically it doesn't matter where the adventure actually plays and to be honest I don't want to pin it down because that will mean additional work with the possible caveat that someone may say "but this kind of metal basically can't exist here!" Which doesn't mash with my DM style at all.

I'm sorry if this is a problem for you but I'm just simply not interested to play in a specific setting for a reason.

Burning Spear
2024-03-20, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure why you're asking for another person but I can answer these.
I asked because I thought your ruling could also affect me/ my scrub :smallbiggrin:

I don't like infinite healing, that's what a Dread necromancer can do with his pets and even to himself if he's able to heal himself with negative energy. Being on full HP every encounter is... Just something I dislike because using ressources to counter what a fight has done to you is something that I like, even when these ressources are renewable, they are still somehow limited.
Yea, that sounds cheesy, I just never had a Dm make a problem out of a Dread Necro being able to heal at least him/herself. O.o

What version of the Revenant are you using? The one that I found from the SRD has Regeneration not fast healing and instantly reforms some minutes after even if brought to 0 HP. This does work in a high level campaign where the enemies have ressources and the knowledge to counter the very specific kill conditions of a revenant, but definitely not here in this game.
I'll Pm you. and your findings are reasonable if the one you found differed from the one I was looking at, lol.

I'm also not sure about you're last question?/Demand?
Pm

The adventure will end when you have completed the dungeon it will not have any relevance where the dungeon is actually situated, the adventure will also start in a way where you won't actually know where the dungeon is. Basically it doesn't matter where the adventure actually plays and to be honest I don't want to pin it down because that will mean additional work with the possible caveat that someone may say "but this kind of metal basically can't exist here!" Which doesn't mash with my DM style at all.
Okidoki, just trying to keep things clear tbh.

I'm sorry if this is a problem for you but I'm just simply not interested to play in a specific setting for a reason.
Mostly it had to do from my side with Gods used for fluff reasons, and basic background of the character, no worries.

Cygnia
2024-03-20, 09:51 AM
What is a dungeon but a Big Box? And the challenge to markeverycornerasHersmap it out fully intrigues Mystery, especially if there's Interesting Toys to play with.

Burning Spear
2024-03-20, 11:15 AM
Never saw these system technical questions asked;
Is Intelligence permanent gain retroactive regarding skill points?
Saves and Bab fractional or just base rules?

Athaleon
2024-03-20, 01:58 PM
Variel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888566) should be finished, pending GM review. Background, personality, and description are brief but they're there, let me know if you would like me to expand on them.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-20, 04:22 PM

After looking at the feats found what you where talking about. Was going to go full grapple and touch attack instead of infinite +1 health/turn as a standard action. Better action economy.

Well, I also see you have a sword sage. How about arcane sword sage variant?

Burning Spear
2024-03-20, 05:22 PM
So, I am sure I remember correctly there was a feat, that allowed a mage to know 1 lvl 2 spell, and be able to cast it 1/day, and when you can eventually cast lvl 2 spells, it becomes an additional slot for any spell. And the spell becomes a normal part of the spells known list.

I just can't remember where it's hiding, what book etc. Anybody? :smallbiggrin:

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-20, 05:59 PM
So, I am sure I remember correctly there was a feat, that allowed a mage to know 1 lvl 2 spell, and be able to cast it 1/day, and when you can eventually cast lvl 2 spells, it becomes an additional slot for any spell. And the spell becomes a normal part of the spells known list.

The closest I know would be Chaotic Spell Recall. You recall 1 chaotic spell/day of any level. Its an abyssal inheritor feat (you need 1 feat of that list) and gain +1use/day for every 4 inheritor feats you have.

There a feat to gain +int mod free spells to your book each level.

Burning Spear
2024-03-20, 06:11 PM
The closest I know would be Chaotic Spell Recall. You recall 1 chaotic spell/day of any level. Its an abyssal inheritor feat (you need 1 feat of that list) and gain +1use/day for every 4 inheritor feats you have.

There a feat to gain +int mod free spells to your book each level.

Second one sounds broken beyond reasonable, first one is not what I'm looking for, but thanks :smallwink:

Athaleon
2024-03-20, 06:57 PM

Precocious Apprentice, from Complete Arcane.

Prerequisite: Spellcasting ability (Int or Cha) 15, arcane caster level 1st.

Benefit: Choose one 2nd-level spell from a school of magic you have access to. You gain an extra 2nd-level spell slot that must be used initially to cast only the chosen spell. Until your level is high enough to allow you to cast 2nd-level spells, you must succeed on a DC 8 caster level check to successfully cast this spell; if you fail, the spell is miscast to no effect. Your caster level with the chosen spell is your normal caster level, even if this level is insufficient to cast the spell under normal circumstances.

When you become able to cast 2nd-level spells, you lose the benefit described above but retain the extra 2nd-level spell slot, which you can use to prepare or spontaneously cast a spell of 2nd level or lower as you normally would.

Finally, you gain a +2 bonus on all Spellcraft checks.

Special: You can take this feat only as a 1st level character.

After looking at the feats found what you where talking about. Was going to go full grapple and touch attack instead of infinite +1 health/turn as a standard action. Better action economy.

For what it's worth, my character is already a pretty arcane-flavored Swordsage.

Alhallor
2024-03-21, 04:38 AM
Never saw these system technical questions asked;
Is Intelligence permanent gain retroactive regarding skill points?
Saves and Bab fractional or just base rules?

Permanent gain is retroactive,
Base rules with saves and Bab

Variel (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888566) should be finished, pending GM review. Background, personality, and description are brief but they're there, let me know if you would like me to expand on them.

Brief background is fine.

That does sound pretty fun.

I would like to go away from arcane sword sage I think it complicates the matter more than helping.

@Burning Spear: I'm sorry it seemed I looked at a totally wrong Revenant.

I did read about the official Revenant and... Uh... I have to think about it. This game is not for a personal vendetta about the one who killed you and the fast healing and the immunities. Exist.

I have to let it tumble in my head a bit, I'll want to write any potential changes in the recruitment thread that we are all on the same page and I want the group to be "roughly" on the same power level.

Burning Spear
2024-03-21, 05:06 AM
Precocious Apprentice, from Complete Arcane.

Prerequisite: Spellcasting ability (Int or Cha) 15, arcane caster level 1st.

Benefit: Choose one 2nd-level spell from a school of magic you have access to. You gain an extra 2nd-level spell slot that must be used initially to cast only the chosen spell. Until your level is high enough to allow you to cast 2nd-level spells, you must succeed on a DC 8 caster level check to successfully cast this spell; if you fail, the spell is miscast to no effect. Your caster level with the chosen spell is your normal caster level, even if this level is insufficient to cast the spell under normal circumstances.

When you become able to cast 2nd-level spells, you lose the benefit described above but retain the extra 2nd-level spell slot, which you can use to prepare or spontaneously cast a spell of 2nd level or lower as you normally would.

Finally, you gain a +2 bonus on all Spellcraft checks.

Special: You can take this feat only as a 1st level character.

That's the one! thanks!

Burning Spear
2024-03-21, 05:32 AM
Permanent gain is retroactive,
Base rules with saves and Bab
Okidoki
Are you aware of "Elephant in the Room" rules for feats?

@Burning Spear: I'm sorry it seemed I looked at a totally wrong Revenant.
No biggie

I did read about the official Revenant and... Uh... I have to think about it. This game is not for a personal vendetta about the one who killed you and the fast healing and the immunities. Exist.
The Vendetta and my god sending me out to kill his targets is a side-effect, I am not playing a one-trick-pony story-wise.. :smallbiggrin:, Also, story-wise, he only just became undead, so he doesn't know all of what he can do/ immunities he has, so I will be playing him that way, as if he is still human. And Hp, he doesn't have an endless amount of them, so, even with fast healing, he won't be wading into combat frontline to soak up all the hits..

Read his fluff, and this might help understand moreso how I'd play him.

I have to let it tumble in my head a bit, I'll want to write any potential changes in the recruitment thread that we are all on the same page and I want the group to be "roughly" on the same power level.
You did say initially one can be anything, hence my application.. :smallannoyed::smallwink:

Malphegor
2024-03-21, 10:53 AM
Consider me interested:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890336

Savage Species Imp, vaguely built around charisma and int, plan is to go for a dip in psion (egoist) for the at will minor change shape acf, then all-in on fiend of posession to buff and assist the party. Then if the game’s beyond that, I dunno.

(this is… really weak imo. No spells, combat abilities are gonna be a trashfire, but potentially some cool stuff I wanna try out.

there’s some tweaking to be done on the savage species imp: the 3.5 update to imps doesn’t give them regeneration. I’ve included the weird ability score increases they get (dex and wis) but if you want I can remove those as I’m not sure where that is on the 3.5 example imp as a point of comparison. )

Backstory:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/766558283318034444/1220347297947193434/IMG_0522.png?ex=660e9bfc&is=65fc26fc&hm=0834c4240a5b70287dbf6560ce4119ee5705e27ecf89118 1cee6b67b9eb05a5d&
https://forums.giantitp.com/blob:https://forums.giantitp.com/c039b7f4-384c-4cf3-b4fb-8a808be25451

An imp from Phegethos, Ishanna was rather uninterested in promotion. In her long life she grew accustomed to being an imp, working on the material, and enjoyed what she did. Balancing the careful successes and ‘failures’ to keep herself comfortably in her current role has worked for centuries…

Until recently, when a pit fiend supervisor noticed that this one imp was seemingly failing to ensnare one soul every 6 souls. The regularity was in and of itself, an irregularity.

Under much more scrutiny, Ishanna has been given a deadline.

One century. 1000 souls.

Success would mean forced promotion whether she likes it or not, failure would mean busted down to Nupperino… and possibly even worse.

This is potentially Ishanna’s last century as an imp, and she intends to enjoy it, and not only capture 1000 souls for Hell, but exceed that, tenfold, so she can prove her worth and remain an imp and live in the manner to which she is accustomed to for the rest of time.

And so, she follows the party, either invisibly or as a bird for now, believing them to be potentially useful for her goals.

AscarothD
2024-03-21, 09:09 PM
Consider me interested:
Until recently, when a pit fiend supervisor noticed that this one imp was seemingly failing to ensnare one soul every 6 souls. The regularity was in and of itself, an irregularity.

Under much more scrutiny, Ishanna has been given a deadline.

One century. 1000 souls.

Success would mean forced promotion whether she likes it or not, failure would mean busted down to Nupperino… and possibly even worse.

This is potentially Ishanna’s last century as an imp, and she intends to enjoy it, and not only capture 1000 souls for Hell, but exceed that, tenfold, so she can prove her worth and remain an imp and live in the manner to which she is accustomed to for the rest of time.

And so, she follows the party, either invisibly or as a bird for now, believing them to be potentially useful for her goals.[/I]

If my Celestial Warlock is selected, hopefully you don't randomly show up and I Eldritch Blast you since I can see through invisibility.:smallbiggrin:

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-22, 02:36 AM
Name: Nero Clodia (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890578) Race Class Silverbrow human, Duskblade Profession Wander Alignment CN Age 22

Coming from a long line of wizards and sorcerers, his father sent him to study, but all he wanted was to be a soldier and a great swordsman. His first mentor, the sorcerer Orfin, also his uncle, saw Nero skill with the sword, his desire to be the best, and the look of someone about to run and find his own destiny. Not wanting to lose his position and disgrace the family, Orophen decided to send Nero to study with the Dusk Edges. Nero's swordsmanship could be cultivated there, and yet his magical abilities would not be lost to the family.

Nero threw himself into training him without regard for everything else. Months turned into years, but it seemed too soon for his mentors to warn him that he couldn't learn anything more from them. With the exception of one of them, who was recent with the fame of his family. He decided to challenge him to use his techniques with a whip. Frustrated by the frustrating weapon he focused on it until he ended up asking at a bar and there he was introduced to the spinning blade. Shortly afterward he was able to show the jealous teacher his progress, leaving him once again frustrated with the family.
The other masters, seeing this and not wanting to let him stagnate, released him to find his destiny and forbade him to return until he had made a name for himself and was truly worthy of joining their ranks as a Dusk Sword. .

This is how Nero finds himself a few months later in a world he has only read about, in a dusty old tomb, playing dice with some new acquaintances and 4 unpleasant guys.

Sheet its a WIP. Need to spend money.

The weapon is a spining blade, fuffled as a whip sword. Like Ivy from Soul calibur.

Alhallor
2024-03-22, 07:58 AM
Okidoki
SNIP

Okay I looked at the Revenant in more detail and it has a lot of stuff that seems pretty relevant for a revenant which you kinda needed to build around (like with the item that let's you exist longer as a Revenant for example) a lot of stuff will not ever come up (like you're vendetta)

Could I propose the following:

Strangeness undead player race.

Just undead traits,
Strength +2
LA + 1

No worries about needing to live longer, you can still play it with the background and I don't have to worry about Fast Healing, DR and a bunch of immunities.

And I'm aware of Elephant in the room, I don't want it for this game, but that's kinda the reason I gave away 2 bonus feats should you need them.

Consider me interested:
SNIP

That is a fun concept.

You can have the weird ability retribution and I would prefer no regeneration or Fast Healing.

I like the goal, though it probably wouldn't play much of a role in the dungeon escape.

Name: Nero Clodia (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890578) Race Class Silverbrow human, Duskblade Profession Wander Alignment CN Age 22

SNIP

The weapon is a spining blade, fuffled as a whip sword. Like Ivy from Soul calibur.

Spinning blade fluffed like a whip sword is fine with me.

BelGareth
2024-03-22, 05:21 PM
still taking interest?

EDIT: if so, im working on a fire themed fire cleric, binder, Bard, dragon shaman. Fire, fire everywhere.

Infernox (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890729)

Metastachydium
2024-03-23, 09:29 AM
still taking interest?

EDIT: if so, im working on a fire themed fire cleric, binder, Bard, dragon shaman. Fire, fire everywhere.

Infernox (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890729)

Heh. "[S]ome men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." Also, have a double serving of respect for the whole six-levles-five-classes setup there!

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-24, 03:33 AM
Nero Clodia (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890578) Sheet finished

BelGareth
2024-03-24, 12:49 PM
Heh. "[S]ome men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." Also, have a double serving of respect for the whole six-levles-five-classes setup there!

Exactly!

War, war never changes...er, i mean, FIRE!!!, FIRE NEVER CHANGES!!

AscarothD
2024-03-28, 10:02 AM
If I missed it, what was the deadline anyways?

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-28, 03:01 PM
None that I know of. Sometimes the treads stop for a while. RL gets in the way.

Yas392
2024-03-28, 08:19 PM
Or it could be the buggy site.

Shiro_Nogard
2024-03-28, 08:38 PM
Or it could be the buggy site.

That too. :P
Or the PC gnomes are acting up. Its a mystery inside a marshmellow!!

ProgressPaladin
2024-03-29, 10:11 AM
I would post my interest. This would be my first time with 3.5e, so I don’t know how to make an intentionally bad character, but I was thinking a Bard with Vow of Non-violence.

SCARY WIZARD
2024-03-29, 10:01 PM
You've got the right idea...!

Yeah, this website's been real cranky lately. And it's hurting my feeling😿s.

Alhallor
2024-04-02, 08:20 AM
I would post my interest. This would be my first time with 3.5e, so I don’t know how to make an intentionally bad character, but I was thinking a Bard with Vow of Non-violence.

Hmm... I don't have any particular idea to throw out, besides the one I already gave.

Also we do have a deadline now. APRIL/08.

This will just be the deadline for sumbissions, Choosing the charakters will still take a bit of time.

Cygnia
2024-04-02, 08:41 AM
The date of the total eclipse here in the states? How ominous.... :smallamused:

Alhallor
2024-04-03, 03:40 AM
This was totally on porpuse.

Burning Spear
2024-04-03, 03:51 PM
Am not feeling it for this game, sorry. I'll pass, work is also not helping my attendance, not untill I have a laptop again.

Alhallor
2024-04-09, 03:57 AM
Hi,

it has been a long and ardous choosing progress and for everyone who didn't make the cut, please keep your charakter sheets, in this game it's no problem to get more charakters in should others fall off.

The players are

Malphegor with Ishanna (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2890336)

Aegis013 with Xyrona (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2889957)

Benoojan with Gina Thorne (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888381)

Metastachydium with Brakq (https://og.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2888383)

Cygnia with Mystery (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2727459)

And Riday with Faith St. Mary (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2888190)

The OOC (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?666432-Strange-Dungeon-OOC&p=25992522#post25992522) is here.

The IC will still take a little bit to set up.