PDA

View Full Version : Seething Eyebane and Beholders

F.L.
2007-12-14, 09:34 PM
If you connect with this spell on a beholder, and it fails the save, is the beholder essentially screwed? It says in the spell that it makes the target's eyes explode, so I think it'd get all of them. I mean, as an evil cleric, you could just cast this spell, and force the beholder to keep the antimagic eye on you to not have its eyes detonate, but since it's eye is on you, you can bash it to death. And if it takes the antimagic eye off of you, bam!

Callos_DeTerran
2007-12-14, 09:55 PM
If you connect with this spell on a beholder, and it fails the save, is the beholder essentially screwed? It says in the spell that it makes the target's eyes explode, so I think it'd get all of them. I mean, as an evil cleric, you could just cast this spell, and force the beholder to keep the antimagic eye on you to not have its eyes detonate, but since it's eye is on you, you can bash it to death. And if it takes the antimagic eye off of you, bam!

There IS a save for that spell, remember...other then that ingenious idea.

RandomNPC
2007-12-14, 10:21 PM
so you're turning beholders into moving punching bags?

when do we start?

Chronos
2007-12-14, 11:32 PM
I mean, as an evil cleric, you could just cast this spell, and force the beholder to keep the antimagic eye on you to not have its eyes detonate, but since it's eye is on you, you can bash it to death.Or it can keep its antimagic eye on you, fly up out of melee reach, and throw things at you via Telekinesis and charm anyone else with ranged weapons who's around. Note that a cleric in an antimagic field isn't all that great as a ranged combatant.