PDA

View Full Version : GM Needed So some madlads made a 5e version of d20 Modern... (Everyday Heroes, Interest Check)

Dusk Raven
2024-03-14, 02:10 PM
I've always kinda liked the idea of d20 modern, but I've never played it, nor have I run it despite having had a few ideas for it. It had some good ideas, and had a decent amount of support, but I felt it was lacking in a few ways - mostly, lacking in players and games. Despite this, I was working with one of my own settings (a mix of post-apocalypse and Lovecraftian horror) and was looking into maybe running a game of it in d20 Modern. I decided to do a Google search to see if anyone had taken it upon themselves to revise the rules... and lo and behold, (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evilgeniusgames/everyday-heroes-the-roleplaying-game/description) a third-party company decided to make a 5e version, (https://evilgeniusgames.com/product-line/everyday-heroes/) called Everyday Heroes. This works just fine for me, since I've grown to like 5e - or rather, modded 5e - more and more as time goes on, and I'm far more experienced with homebrewing for 5e. But now the question is - how much do I invest? And where do I even begin with what additional sourcebooks to get?

So, I thought I'd post on here, see if anyone else had once been interested in d20 Modern and would be willing to investigate this spiritual successor. In particular, it'd be nice to have a GM. Like I said, at the moment I've got a setting I'm working on, but there's a difference between a setting and a campaign. That, and I'm not yet sure which Everyday Heroes books would help with that. Were I to run it in d20 Modern - and I still could - I'd have made use of the d20 Apocalypse and Urban Arcana books, and possibly a few things from that d20 Call of Cthulhu book that got made a while back. Not yet sure what books I'd need for a 5e version of it. And also I shouldn't run too many campaigns at once.

For now, though, I'd simply like to raise awareness, and start discussion of what people would like to do with Everyday Heroes.