PDA

View Full Version : GM Needed Seeking players and storyteller for Mixed Exalted 3E game

Kell_tamer
2024-03-19, 05:13 PM
So. The brain gremlins have me again. Beans and I are looking to play some mixed circle exalted stuff and I have been really itching to play a sidereal. Beans is looking at a changing moon centipede lady while I am looking to play a fresh chosen of battles that led a slave uprising during her exaltation, who hasn't quite yet decided to hop on the heaven payroll yet (she might not even be aware of other sidereals).

We'd be looking to do this play by post on a discord server if possible. I myself am not against seeing any other type of exalt though i might glance side-eyed if you take a melee supernal dawn on me.

While standard chargen is fine, it would be preferred to use the Unified Character Creation and Advancement rules from Crucible to avoid the whole chargen is more important than what you build into game.

Lentrax
2024-03-19, 05:20 PM
I’d be down for it as a player.

As ST, well… you know my track record Kell.

Beans
2024-03-19, 09:15 PM
Ya Bean is here with a Changing Moon high in Manipulation, Appearance, and Perception. She's very terrible, bonus points if her Solar counterpart is someone upstanding and not horrible.

rogue_alchemist
2024-03-20, 06:33 AM
Exalted always gets a lot of interest from players, but never much from ST. I would love to play too, but don't have time to ST.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-20, 04:12 PM
I've got a chosen of endings I'd probably pitch.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-21, 10:21 AM
now comes everyone's favorite part of an exalted request. hoping a GM bites.

Lentrax
2024-03-21, 01:25 PM
More or less.

I refuse to let the want to have folks be able to play draw me into starting another game that I will run oh so very slowly...

SuperWave
2024-03-26, 07:55 PM
I'm willing to bite, but to clarify: do you want a text or voice game?

Kell_tamer
2024-03-26, 08:14 PM
Text. most of us can't do a full sit down session.

Beans
2024-03-26, 08:16 PM
Def in the "Discord PBP text" camp here.

Argus0
2024-03-26, 08:20 PM
I'd love to play!

Would prefer a text game as well

SuperWave
2024-03-26, 08:42 PM
Gotcha thinkin' of a pitch and core concept

Kell_tamer
2024-03-26, 09:16 PM
just as a heads up I tend to play try and play youths in these games. young to mid teens cause giving weird cosmic power to someone with no proper sense of responsibility is always a good decision and rather on brand for the gods in Exalted.

SuperWave
2024-03-26, 09:29 PM
That's fine, no problem with that if it doesn't get weird

Beans
2024-03-26, 09:36 PM
Currently leaning Changing Moon, or possibly a No Moon necromancer.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-26, 10:15 PM
beans can attest I try to avoid things getting weird

Rokku
2024-03-27, 02:05 AM
Always interested in Exalted!

Beans
2024-03-27, 06:22 AM
beans can attest I try to avoid things getting weird

No weirdness indeed, just young ladies capable of punching craters in the ground.
Which, for Exalted, is pretty standard.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 08:04 AM
which with a sidereal it isn't actually punching a crater, its reminding creation that a crater was FATED to be there and shes just doing aggressive set in stone paperwork.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-27, 09:03 AM
Name: Darkened-Peak Venwinter
Concept: Overworked Wage-Slave Sidereal
Caste: Endings
Mechanics: https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/27986

Darkened-Peak Venwinter was born into affluence and comfort. Though her time with her mother was short, her father was a powerful god who oversaw avalanches and stonefalls, and was comfortable in his position within the celestial bureaucracy. She lived with him there, in all the splendor and wonder in heaven, and he doted on her as the last vestige of her mothers memory.

She loved her father dearly, and worked as his assistant as many God-Blooded children do for their Celestial parent, and was particularly talented in most aspects of doing so. She was constantly at his side, giving him notes or reminders and aiding him in his tasks. It wasn't a bad time, and she looks back on those years fondly.

They Ended though. After all; Everything has an Ending. She wasn't with him when he found an Immaculate Temple being built at the base of one of his mountains. She wasn't with him when he found out the head of it was the woman who killed his wife, and her mother. She wasn't with him when he tried to bury it in rock and snow. She wasn't with him when the Dragon Blooded surrounded and killed him.

If she had been, would it have mattered? She doesn't know.

But her father was dead, she had a small inheritance, much smaller than she expected due to her father's debts, and was facing the prospect of being expelled from heaven, a prospect which terrified her probably more than it should have. So she did something stupid, and signed a contract

She needed employment. If she found employment she could remain in heaven as a functionary of the Celestial Bureaucracy. And she even found someone willing to take her on! The Office of Deferred Mortality and Fate Correction under the Bureau of Endings; of whom numerous branches were undergoing a merger. The fact that people were flocking away from it in the face of this merger should have been a warning, but she was desperate.

The job was murder. Nights full of unpaid overtime catching up on reports and forms that had to be filled out. Virtually no time off at all, let alone leave. A boss she would have sworn was secretly a demon from Malfeas who was lazy, temperamental, and had a martyr complex.

Also she had to kill people sometimes.

Her office focused on people who were supposed to die, but due to some fluke did not do so. Most of these could be corrected on heavens side but sometimes someone had to go down to Creation, and correct the flaw manually. And somehow that ended up her job too. God Blooded live a long time. And she did this job for four decades. Ignored. Belittled, and given higher work loads so the others in her office could have days off.

She thought about quitting. Creation didn't seem so bad, now, but her work contract was clear. She still had a minimum of six more decades within the office. And if she left the consequences would be dire. Terminally dire. It said something about how bad it was she almost quit anyway.

And then one day... Everything was different. Exaltation is different for everyone. For her it wasn't a massive moment, just everything clicking into place. She saw a way forward. She felt a burning in her soul but more that it was as if fog was lifting from her mind. The strands of the world, where she had been taken and where she would go were all evident for a moment.

And then she brushed her teeth and went into work.

In heaven and an Office run by endings her exaltation was discovered almost immediately. In any other case her unfavorable contract would have been terminated favorably and she would have moved to the Bureau of Destiny main office. Unfortunately this was not the case. Having seen her history, spoken to coworkers, and read her personal diary before secretly replacing it, Bronze Faction leadership strongly, and rightly to be fair, believed she would quickly form Gold Faction leanings and likely become another supporter for them.

And if they couldn't manage to prevent that then they just had to keep Venwinter so busy that she had no time to do anything else but work. So she was moved to the Bureau of Destiny main office. It was just explained to her that she was expected to do her tasks as a Sidereal there alongside her previous duties, doubling her workload.

She accepted this without a word.

Since she has shown herself well. Despite being so forgettable, even for a sidereal, her work ethic is unimpeachable, and her focus is a little unnerving. She knows what she has to do now, of course. She knows what she's doing. She's been promoted in the Office of Deferred Mortality and Fate Correction. Her boss doesn't remember doing it but clearly he did? And she's doing all her tasks and even more so maybe he has to? A little at a time. She doesn't want to escape the Office of Deferred Mortality and Fate Correction anymore. No, she has a much easier and better plan unfolding.

She's going to run it.

The first word to describe Venwinter is exhausted.

She may have been a beautiful woman once, but constant work and stress have masked over that into a sullen expression marked with deep rings and bags around her pale face. Her dark hair is stringy and has shreds of silver passing through it already, far earlier than it has any right to, and her posture is often poor, slightly hunched over from hours at desks. Even before being afflicted with Arcane Fate she was the kind of person who your eyes just slid off, easy to ignore.

It's not to say she's particularly hideous, just that kind of vaguely unappealing you get from chronic overtime with little rest in between. Her face, its features pleasantly symmetrical, are marred by stress lines and unkempt grooming, which she barely has time for, let alone makeup. The occasional missed meal and typical diet of only the necessities and the ones she can consume quickly and while on the clock have left her expression just so slightly gaunt.

This generally follows for the rest of her frame as well, giving her a corded appearance with very little softness or femininity to it. Despite that, her office stress code, unusual even within heaven, requires her to dress in a plain black top and skirt, with a purple tie, which has replaced most of her wardrobe given the infrequency that she is not actually working.

Quiet, almost shy is usually your first impression of Venwinter. She seems to work around the edges, not quite afraid of people exactly but wary. And in her defense people have rarely been good to her. Professionalism is usually your second impression. She speaks clearly calmly and with perfect pronunciation. Everything she does feels intentional, although this sometimes makes her feel ingenuine. She has a tendency to keep people at arms length and doesn't trust easily.

Despite how this appears though she doesn't actually dislike most people. It's just that being a person is hard when you're exhausted, and she's always exhausted if not physically than mentally. She tends to be harder on herself than even anyone else is, which is frankly a feat. She wants to have friends and no people and live a life like a person does, more than anything honestly.

But who has the time?

She notably does not hold her liquor well, which tends to be the only time she actually opens up.

Benoojian
2024-03-27, 01:02 PM
Wait did the Sidereal book come out?

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 01:24 PM
Those of us who backed have the manuscript from last year.

SuperWave
2024-03-27, 01:41 PM
Cool Drake.

Thinking of running a Scavenger Lands game focusing on the Confederation of Rivers, 100 Kingdoms, Greyfalls, and finally (but importantly) Walker in Darkness. So Kingdom Builder aspects, but I want a little exploration before that happens.

Also using Golden Calibration for Solars.

Can we try to run combats together and not in typical pbp format? Because combat in 3e is fun, but it goes SLOW

Beans
2024-03-27, 01:49 PM
That sounds solid; I have an idea for a No Moon necromancer who was enlightened to the bleak arts by a terrible experience brought on by a Deathlord's actions, and who is dead-set on avenging herself upon said Deathlord. Walker works great for that.

The only thing I have to ask is what you mean about combat. When it comes to Discord text chat, that's about as "together" as you can get without a live session kinda thing. It's at least a bit faster than forum posting, typically.

SuperWave
2024-03-27, 01:57 PM
That if possible that when we are all on Discord we focus on getting it done. That's it

Beans
2024-03-27, 01:59 PM
I'll definitely aim for that myself!

Obscurejones
2024-03-27, 02:06 PM
Unified xp or old school character generation?

And apologies for ignorance but what is Golden Calibration?

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 02:08 PM
Alright my idea is a kid named Six (slave number) who has been part of conflicts all her life, fights, struggles for food and favor, etc. enlightenment came and she led other slaves to rise up but they can't remember her. So she's now wandering around unsure of what to do. Hasn't been contacted by heaven (least not directly, its very possible sidereals have pinged her and watched).

Beans and I were thinking of our characters knowing each other, bein friends. Since for someone who doesn't fully grasp the arcane fate thing, probably feels real nice to have someone who actually remembers her each day.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-27, 02:16 PM
Things Venwinter absolutely cannot relate to: having friends.

For the record she's going to be astrologically Haywain // Lovers and will be heavy in both their associated abilities, in combat she'll be using knives with Violet Brier of Sorrows and Thrown to supplement. If that has overlap I need to shift let me know.

SuperWave
2024-03-27, 02:19 PM
Unified xp or old school character generation?

And apologies for ignorance but what is Golden Calibration?

Restructuring and edit of Solar Charms and Solar Charm Tree. If you look on the offical discord you'll see it there.

Also splats allowed: Solars, Abyssals, Sidereals, and Lunars. Not going to allow Exigents despite using them myself for REASONS and no Dragon Blooded because they aren't going to keep up, plus social reasons.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 02:23 PM
I plan on Six not having had any formal martial arts training though she might start taking styles to augment things like White Reaper and such. I was leaning melee cause its kind of interesting that its a more deliberate aim and strike style though all the sidereal combat skills are cool in this edition. (Brawl is all about being just the biggest bully)

I plan on her being able to do feats of strength as well. Small but powerful basically. Not building to be optimized in arms race method either. I've been in those games where the ST would just deliberately look at my build and throw things that hard countered it always so I was just constantly not having fun doing the thing I wanted to actually do.

Beans
2024-03-27, 02:30 PM
Restructuring and edit of Solar Charms and Solar Charm Tree. If you look on the offical discord you'll see it there.

Also splats allowed: Solars, Abyssals, Sidereals, and Lunars. Not going to allow Exigents despite using them myself for REASONS and no Dragon Blooded because they aren't going to keep up, plus social reasons.

Sick. Are we planning to use standard character creation from the core, or the Unified XP hack from Crucible that flattens costs and eliminates the BP/XP split and the funky math that results?

For what it's worth, I'd cast my vote for Unified XP; besides eliminating the math funkiness, the XP rate/Essence thresholds are a bit nicer for the unfortunately slow pace PBP can hit.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 02:32 PM
Scruffy.Gif in response to Unified XP

Benoojian
2024-03-27, 02:39 PM
I kind of want to run a Solar Crafter.

Lentrax
2024-03-27, 02:55 PM
Dang. I was thinking of doing a Dragon-Blooded.

I’ll need another idea. We already have a couple siddies and a lunar. So maybe I’ll be the token solar.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-27, 03:09 PM
Solars are rad. I never got why people give them a side eye, they're probably my second third favorite behind Lunars and Infernals.

I don't have strong opinions about XP and advancement; I'm down for whatever.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 03:14 PM
Solars are actually the most commonly played splat. Like they are actually the favored among the setting. I just have a character concept that funnily works with basically every main type (Dawn revolutionary, Dusk who died leading an uprising, Lunar breaking of chains, and sidereal revolutionary who is meant to be forgotten, and even a dragon blooded works) And I kinda wanted to try some cool esoteric sids stuff since 3e made it being a sidereal not part of heaven isn't shooting yourself in the foot this go around.

SuperWave
2024-03-27, 03:16 PM
Sick. Are we planning to use standard character creation from the core, or the Unified XP hack from Crucible that flattens costs and eliminates the BP/XP split and the funky math that results?

For what it's worth, I'd cast my vote for Unified XP; besides eliminating the math funkiness, the XP rate/Essence thresholds are a bit nicer for the unfortunately slow pace PBP can hit.

Unified because lol

Also Golden Calibration link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h98mpo2f6xsed97/AADyaUz4TvX-I731isdk38XRa?dl=0

Kell_tamer
2024-03-27, 04:10 PM
if this game gets far enough i'm eyeballing Charcoal March of Spiders if only cause its the only one that compliments the current build idea.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-27, 04:54 PM
If you put a gun to my head I'd say Venwinter would end up with Obsidian Shards but that's far enough away that it could well be anything honestly.

Obscurejones
2024-03-27, 06:50 PM
Got a full moon bearded vulture or a solar pretending to be a wise old dynast on offer… Might go with Honored Uncle Joji. He’ll need some tweaks for the new charm system.

Benoojian
2024-03-27, 10:17 PM
Starting work on Fire From Within Stone (https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/28046), Twilight and Craft Supernal Solar. He takes pride in his work, and is surprisingly humble for a Solar, preferring to use his tools to gift others with the means to succeed.

The hardest part of making a crafter is making myself pick some charms from outside the Craft trees. It is a VERY hungry charm tree. I absolutely love that Project slots got nixed, they were terrible and inconsistent.

Obscurejones
2024-03-28, 01:58 AM
Still working on rebuilding his charm layout, but here is what we have so far.

Honored Uncle Joji (https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/28044)

You know him, of course. After all, everyone knows Honored Uncle Joji. He's... Possibly your mother's brother? That can't be right... Well, he's definitely your Honored Uncle.

Beans
2024-03-28, 04:25 AM
Tsaąrkoma, the Jackal at the Boneyard Gate. (https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/28042)
Angry necro pupper.

Benoojian
2024-03-28, 09:37 AM
I need to roll as part of character creation as a crafter, as Golden Calibration gives a bit of starting crafting XP based on the Charms you've chosen.

[roll0] Brass Scales Falling, 1 sp/success, limit of 2

[roll1] Peerless Paragon of Craft, 1sp/success, 1 gp per 10

Lentrax
2024-03-28, 11:40 AM
Petals of Blossoming Rain (https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/28048) (very much in progress)

Concept: Ranger, but Exalted. Focus on Archery and Survival. Intend to have a familiar (basic idea: giant eagle) that grows with her, represented by increasing the dots in Familiar to represent it's growth.

Am going to try and make a custom weapon for her. a 3- or 4-dot short artifact powerbow to use from the back of an animal.

SuperWave
2024-03-28, 12:27 PM
Liking what I am seeing so far. Going to put up the pitch tonight, though it's going to follow what I suggested eariler: game will start in Great Forks. You're being hired by Talespinner to find out who killed a notable God

Benoojian
2024-03-28, 01:40 PM
You mentioned Kingdom Building, so will there be some downtime rather than constantly being on a timer?

Edit: Also 20 dice and not a single 10, that's cruel dicebot.

SuperWave
2024-03-28, 02:26 PM
Yes! A lot of this game is going to be the IMPORTANT NPCs and states reacting to the Circle.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-28, 05:30 PM
First run at Venwinter, added this to her fluff sheet as well

https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/27986

Benoojian
2024-03-28, 05:50 PM
First run at Venwinter, added this to her fluff sheet as well

https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/27986

Did you click the box that says “Publicly Viewable”?

DrakeRaids
2024-03-28, 05:52 PM
...did not, does it work now?

Beans
2024-03-29, 09:47 AM
It's visible now, yep.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-29, 02:47 PM
In progress.

https://www.lotcastingatemi.com/characters/27957 Debating on grabbing armor or not.. which yeah would lock me out of basically any SMA but sidereals lack the soak shenanigans lunars and solars have. they have their own brand of being an *******.

I'm grabbing both battles horoscopes in lieu of doing destinies since until she gets better at performance, she can't do much more than bless small groups without major help.

Obscurejones
2024-03-29, 05:01 PM
Joji is recharmed with those shiny new Golden Calibration charms.

... It's probably fine that he's almost all Socialize. It's not like Exalted games are ever anything but polite salon discussions, right?

Joking aside, he should be done barring putting in Ties for anyone who wants to have a Sugar Daddy Uncle.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-29, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't mind him (and others) having encountered Venwinter in some persona or another but I'll probably wait till we get more defined in our player list before I want to hash that out. It's easier to figure that all out over discord anyway once that manifests.

Benoojian
2024-03-29, 05:32 PM
Joking aside, he should be done barring putting in Ties for anyone who wants to have a Sugar Daddy Uncle.

I did invest in Craft(Clothier). How would Joji like to be one of Fire Within’s best customers, buying nearly magical (and occasionally actually magical) outfits for each salon outing?

Rokku
2024-03-29, 06:04 PM
Since they're allowed and nobody else has mentioned interest, I may go for an Abyssal. Just got my hands on the manuscript and I'm looking it over. Will the discord be ready soon? I find it much easier to talk over characters in more real time.

Beans
2024-03-29, 07:11 PM
Tsaąrkoma's definitely going to be wary once she's aware an Abyssal's in her group, though at present she only has a Minor Tie of wariness to deathknights as a whole. If she learned they're opposed to the Walker, that'd definitely warm her up to them.

SuperWave
2024-03-29, 07:48 PM
Since they're allowed and nobody else has mentioned interest, I may go for an Abyssal. Just got my hands on the manuscript and I'm looking it over. Will the discord be ready soon? I find it much easier to talk over characters in more real time.

Blah, give me a little bit. Will link here Sunday afternoon.

Rokku
2024-03-29, 07:50 PM
Tsaąrkoma's definitely going to be wary once she's aware an Abyssal's in her group, though at present she only has a Minor Tie of wariness to deathknights as a whole. If she learned they're opposed to the Walker, that'd definitely warm her up to them.

I'm not interested in being a party traitor, so being anti-walker - either a Deathknight-Errant of his or allied to a different lord - is a given.

Beans
2024-03-29, 09:32 PM
I figured that. It'll make for an interesting dynamic!

CreepyShutIn
2024-03-29, 09:59 PM
Oh hey, sweet. If this is still open, I've got a couple ideas kicking around, depending on the nature and expectations of the game. Mainly in the Sidereal, Abyssal, and Lunar categories.

A Secrets Sid, loremaster type who also uses a lot of improvised weapons when the time comes to kick ass, is a current leading contender, but I also always wanted to try out those territory charms, so a No Moon or Changing Moon (depending on the style) could get a lot done with that. A rogue Abyssal is not out of the picture either, or at least one who takes a very long-term view and works for a Deathlord doing the same. Walker, maybe, or Lover. Not the Mask. Everyone in the Scavenger Lands has good reason to fear the Mask of Winters.

Lentrax
2024-03-30, 01:20 AM
If anyone is wanting to link backstories, I can work easily work Petals in with anyone.

CreepyShutIn
2024-03-30, 02:33 AM
If anyone is wanting to link backstories, I can work easily work Petals in with anyone.

Sure. Petals is a Solar ranger, right? Right now I'm working on a Lunar - a No Moon witch-king and student of Raksi, known as the Brass-Mane Ox. Probably gonna go heavy on Territory charms, since we're kingdom-building. Haven't decided where he might be from yet. Where's Petals from?

Beans
2024-03-30, 07:00 AM
Might unfortunately be a bit overlappy with the No Moon necromancer and aspiring witch-queen I've already nailed down. Nobody's touched Changing, though.

Obscurejones
2024-03-30, 07:41 AM
I did invest in Craft(Clothier). How would Joji like to be one of Fire Within’s best customers, buying nearly magical (and occasionally actually magical) outfits for each salon outing?

The man is canonically a clothes horse. If he stumbles upon Solar quality suits and robes you’ve gotcha self a patron.

SuperWave
2024-03-30, 09:38 AM
Oh hey, sweet. If this is still open, I've got a couple ideas kicking around, depending on the nature and expectations of the game. Mainly in the Sidereal, Abyssal, and Lunar categories.

A Secrets Sid, loremaster type who also uses a lot of improvised weapons when the time comes to kick ass, is a current leading contender, but I also always wanted to try out those territory charms, so a No Moon or Changing Moon (depending on the style) could get a lot done with that. A rogue Abyssal is not out of the picture either, or at least one who takes a very long-term view and works for a Deathlord doing the same. Walker, maybe, or Lover. Not the Mask. Everyone in the Scavenger Lands has good reason to fear the Mask of Winters.

It's still open! We seem to have a Dawn Caste and someone wants to play a Abyssal, we also have a Ronin Sidereal and No Moon Necromancer...and someone going down the Craft tree

MechaKamuy
2024-03-30, 09:42 AM
Just posting interest, didn't decide yet which exalted type.

SuperWave
2024-03-30, 09:43 AM
Also note: Walker in Darkness doesn't necessarily have to be a antagonist (even if he's evil). His goals and philosophy isn't just a generic obedience to the Neverborn, but more importantly subverting the natural political order going on in the Eastern part of the Scavenger Lands and weaken said polices through direct military but also in direct political/economic sabotage. This is both how he fufills the Chivalry of Death and just as importantly, justifies his love of Creation.

Him supporting Anathema build a nation state in the Hundred Kingdoms and throw their weight around against a weakening Confederacy of Rivers is something he would do.

Benoojian
2024-03-30, 09:46 AM
It's still open! We seem to have a Dawn Caste and someone wants to play a Abyssal, we also have a Ronin Sidereal and No Moon Necromancer...and someone going down the Craft tree

Well now that ellipsis has me nervous, I can build something else if you don't want to deal with the crafting system?

Beans
2024-03-30, 09:59 AM
Also note: Walker in Darkness doesn't necessarily have to be a antagonist (even if he's evil). His goals and philosophy isn't just a generic obedience to the Neverborn, but more importantly subverting the natural political order going on in the Eastern part of the Scavenger Lands and weaken said polices through direct military but also in direct political/economic sabotage. This is both how he fufills the Chivalry of Death and just as importantly, justifies his love of Creation.

Him supporting Anathema build a nation state in the Hundred Kingdoms and throw their weight around against a weakening Confederacy of Rivers is something he would do.

I will say, if you want Walker to be more of an ambiguous factor than a pure antagonist, I might want to shift Tsaąrkoma's stance on him somewhat, just so it's not a weird choice between "stay true to the character's core ethos of Walker Sucks And I Hate Him Forever" and "avoid being the guy whose presence kneecaps an interesting line of possibility".

Could do that by shifting her hate-on to another Deathlord, or leaning more into her twisted "gratitude" for her necromantic enlightenment. The latter would still include her wanting to eat him, probably, but not being quite so angry about it.

CreepyShutIn
2024-03-30, 10:14 AM
Might unfortunately be a bit overlappy with the No Moon necromancer and aspiring witch-queen I've already nailed down. Nobody's touched Changing, though.

Ahh. Well, that's why I keep multiple concepts on hand. Might go back to toying with that Oracle, or a Lunar thief of as yet undecided caste. I did have a Dusk in mind that might serve the Walker in Darkness, but if we've already got a fightmonster Dawn then that too is kinda overlappy.

For the Oracle, I'm actually not sure whether they should be a prodigal star or Bureau-employed and Gold-aligned. As far as the other Sids are concerned, this circle is his pet project that he's managed to push through the planning committee. I'm thinking they'd be high Investigate in addition to Lore.

The thief, meanwhile, that one might also pick up some Manipulation, but mainly is a Dex/Wits type, stealing cool stuff for thrills. Definitely pick up that new skycutter in MFS.

SuperWave
2024-03-30, 11:02 AM
Well now that ellipsis has me nervous, I can build something else if you don't want to deal with the crafting system?

It's fine, especially in a pbp/text game environment! Just again, use Golden Calibration and Crucible rules.

Rokku
2024-03-30, 02:55 PM

Sure but he's not a brilliant leader building a perfect society like my boy The Silver Prince.

Kell_tamer
2024-03-30, 05:20 PM
Ahh. Well, that's why I keep multiple concepts on hand. Might go back to toying with that Oracle, or a Lunar thief of as yet undecided caste. I did have a Dusk in mind that might serve the Walker in Darkness, but if we've already got a fightmonster Dawn then that too is kinda overlappy.

For the Oracle, I'm actually not sure whether they should be a prodigal star or Bureau-employed and Gold-aligned. As far as the other Sids are concerned, this circle is his pet project that he's managed to push through the planning committee. I'm thinking they'd be high Investigate in addition to Lore.

The thief, meanwhile, that one might also pick up some Manipulation, but mainly is a Dex/Wits type, stealing cool stuff for thrills. Definitely pick up that new skycutter in MFS.

The Dawn is an archery, i'd be more concerned about a dusk stepping on my melee fighting battles.

CreepyShutIn
2024-03-31, 03:19 AM
The Dawn is an archery, i'd be more concerned about a dusk stepping on my melee fighting battles.

Fair, the Abyssal would've been a Brawl-user. (Dunno about apoc, maybe, I guess.) The Lunar thief does do Thrown, but mostly as a plan B. Plan A is not getting in a fight. Classic thief style. The Oracle, as noted, is also Melee. So maybe that one's out.

DrakeRaids
2024-03-31, 10:35 AM
I would be a lot less concerned about cross overlap from different factions. How a solar does presence or melee or what have is drastically different than how a sidereal or lunar does, and are often complimentary.

Lentrax
2024-03-31, 01:02 PM
Okay. So I’m working on my background and I have decided to recycle a very old character of mine.

TLDR on her is:

Born in Lookshy to a prominent family as one of a pair of identical twins.

She grew up with everything. Eduction, training, everything the family had.

Her sister exalted as a Dragon-blooded as was proper. Petals did not.

She became an object of scorn in the family, and was relegated to a life of mediocrity.

She was sent to check on an outpost for no reason other than to get her out of sight. And that is when she exalted as a Solar.

She became a pariah. Sent out with nothing else, and a sentence of death should she return.

Benoojian
2024-03-31, 02:18 PM
Okay. So I’m working on my background and I have decided to recycle a very old character of mine.

TLDR on her is:

She became an object of scorn in the family, and was relegated to a life of mediocrity.

She was sent to check on an outpost for no reason other than to get her out of sight. And that is when she exalted as a Solar.

She became a pariah. Sent out with nothing else, and a sentence of death should she return.

Why did they assume she was going to Exalt? Even the best breeding, like literally your mother is the Empress, is basically a coin flip. And it just goes down from there. Was there a prophecy about the twins or something? Non-Exalts still get great positions, because there are millions of peasants for the families to rule over.

And why would they let you leave instead of calling the Wyld Hunt if you were already basically disowned? That's a lot of leeway to give and most dragonblooded families wouldn't go half as far for their child since the orthodox teaching is that when they become Anathema a demon eats their souls and replaces them.

Obscurejones
2024-03-31, 02:49 PM
Why did they assume she was going to Exalt? Even the best breeding, like literally your mother is the Empress, is basically a coin flip. And it just goes down from there. Was there a prophecy about the twins or something? Non-Exalts still get great positions, because there are millions of peasants for the families to rule over.

And why would they let you leave instead of calling the Wyld Hunt if you were already basically disowned? That's a lot of leeway to give and most dragonblooded families wouldn't go half as far for their child since the orthodox teaching is that when they become Anathema a demon eats their souls and replaces them.

Yeah! What are the odds of [unlikely thing] in Exalted? Pulls me right out of it. How am I supposed to get sucked into the verisimilitude of my glowing god punching kung fu now?

TLDR on her is:

I got a guy who’d absolutely sponsor/help hide a fellow ex-dynast if’n that appeals or interests you at all.

Lentrax
2024-03-31, 05:32 PM

Because Lookshy doesn’t hold to Immaculate dogma like the Realm wants?

They don't care if you’re a Solar, but they’re going to hold you at arms length, unless you do something to change their mind on that position.

And if a family can keep their shame to themselves, they likely would do that instead of sending their daughters name to the Hunt, which again, they don’t care about because that is Realm business, not the Seventh Legion.

SuperWave
2024-03-31, 05:41 PM
Here is the link to the Discord:

https://discord.gg/ukuCcNzs

CreepyShutIn
2024-03-31, 09:46 PM
Because Lookshy doesn’t hold to Immaculate dogma like the Realm wants?

They don't care if you’re a Solar, but they’re going to hold you at arms length, unless you do something to change their mind on that position.

And if a family can keep their shame to themselves, they likely would do that instead of sending their daughters name to the Hunt, which again, they don’t care about because that is Realm business, not the Seventh Legion.

Lookshy is enormously Immaculate in ways that are almost identical to the Realm, except for the part where the Realm is good. Instead it's shaped more towards Lookshyan culture. Other than that they're basically the same religion.