PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Dragon Isles(IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

lawful_evil
2007-12-15, 07:01 AM
Worm o' the Apple

This tavern, located in the docks region of Newtown, is a popular first stop for arriving crews. Captains quickly learn to blacklist the establishment and forbid their crews from going there. Crew members who do frequent the tavern often find they are unable to resume their duties the next day or even usually the next week.

The atmosphere in the tavern is conducive to heavy drinking and brawling. The layout of the bar has several wide open areas(great for brawling) and several tight chokepoints where accidental collisions often lead to brawls. The buxom waitresses run their own business on the side and the drinks vary from watered down to extremely intoxicating(which makes it difficult to tell how much you've had).

On this night, the night of the full moon, the tavern is full with the crew from 'The Stingray', a pirate caravel, which docked this afternoon. They are recruiting. The first mate has pulled one of the sturdy tables away from the wall and sits behind it like a desk. He has taken a section of parchment and draped it over the edge of the table like a banner. A banner bearing the skull and crossbones.

Today, the first mate, a half-elf, wears a new and clean set of fine cloths, blue tunic, highly polished long black boots. He has a large black hat sitting on the table, beside him. In place of his left hand is a silver three-pronged claw. As non-crew members enter the tavern, he waves them over and tries to press them into service.

"Ar, welcome matey. Fortune, Fame and a night with lovely Lucinda, await ye." He motions with his good hand to one of the serving wenches, a black haired beauty. He then gestures to another parchment and says, "Make yur mark and join the ship with the most insouciance to ever sail these seas. Ar."

Darkantra
2007-12-15, 10:47 AM
Thunk Chunk

An overly large Hobgoblin shambles his way into the tavern, pushing smaller humanoids out of the way in order to get a good look around the tavern. The brute stands over six feet tall, with a powerful frame and taut muscle. His dark oranges skin and dreadlocked red-orange hair stand in contrast to the other bar patrons. A battlescarred though well made breastplate covers his body, but is mostly overlapped by a grog stained cloak. Something in his demeaner suggest a savageness that keeps some of the patrons from challenging him.

"Whar's the bloody half-elf eh?!"

Most of the patrons turn to look at him, and most of those growl in disgust. One of the serving wenches points towards the back table, and he thanks her with a lecherous grin and a slap on her arse. Pushing his way through to the table and growling at anyone who looks askance at him he slaps his hands down on the wood, shaking the entire frame.

"I be Thunk Chunk, and I be gettin' on yer crew ya skinny elf-blood!"

Before the first mate can say anything Thunk Chunk grabs the ink pot. He looks at it askance for a minute.

How did that merc say to write Thunk Chunk? Had to hit him before he'd tell me... Hrg.

Grinning, Thunk Chunk spills a good portion of the ink onto the page and begins drawing his name with one meaty finger.

I AM A HORSES ARSE

He slams the inkpot down onto the table, grabs a large tankard off the serving tray of another wench, steals a chair from another table, and sits down near the half-elf, grinning his sharp-toothed grin.

"Good ta be aboard elfy!"

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-15, 01:36 PM
The man to enter the bar immediately afterwards had only dreadlocked hair in common with his predecessor. Where Thunk Chunk was tall, Tulek Aguta was average, perhaps even short. Where Thunk was broad-shouldered and muscular, Tulek had an emaciated, dead-looking frame. Tulek had a handsome, darkly tanned face, with high cheekbones and an elegant jawline, contrasting to the dark orange, squared and scarred visage of the hobgoblin. The dreadlocks weren't even of the same colour; Thunk's were fiery, Tulek's was as black as the feathers of the raven he was named for. The thin dreadlocks, with many stray strangs of hair too straight to dreadlock properly, looked in the poor lighting of the bar almost like those feathers, in fact. In that same lighting, the deep-set eyes of the priest looked as black as his hair, holes like the sockets of the skeleton Tulek worshipped.

The figures do, however, have something else in common, though one's eyes would never catch it from the surface; both are here with the same destination. As Tulek saunters, steps long and measured, to the makeshift desk, glowers of rage and nods of appreciation come at him from the faces of the underworld that recognize his distinctively dreadlocked hair, distinctively priestly gate, and the even more distinctive, strangely pleasant smell of death that wafts around him like strange perfumes clinging to the gause of long-dead ancestors' mummified bodies.

The grim picture Tulek presents, garbed all in the black and green colours of Nerull, his patron deity, is broken a moment later when his eyes catch sight of the hobgoblin's "name" on the paper; I am a horse's arse. A jovial smile comes to his fine-featured featured face, and a youthful laugh splis the silence that seemed to follow his stride through the bar. To many of those from rival guilds and street gangs, who have come to fear the unseen spectre that appears with a giant skeleton by his side when they cross his guild, it is the first sign this man may be mortal, a common human. As Thunk takes his seat, the still-chuckling Tulek pens his name; Tulek Aguta. "Glad t'be aboard," he says. Lucinda gives him the same lascivious smile she, contractually, gives all customers. "Sorry, not my type," Tulek apologizes, still smiling politely as he, too, takes a seat.

lawful_evil
2007-12-15, 01:56 PM
After TC signs and begins to walk away, "Ar, yes, ye are... good to have you aboard that is. We sail with the morning tide."

When the dark priest signs up, the first mate looks him over and says, "Yar, welcome. Ye ever be ta sea before?"

The first mate sits alone at his desk without so much as a single ale, though he does wave Lucinda and Katalina over several times. After awhile, the he begins to grow impatient to meet the goal the Cap'n set. The first mate twists his claw back and forth, tapping the table alternately between the first and third tines of his claw. As each newcomer signs up, the first mate warns, "Ar! Enjoy ye-self, but remember, we sail with the morning tide. Ar."

Rudiger
2007-12-15, 06:45 PM
Dorian

The tavern's patrons continue to wrestle and flail wildly as a red-headed dwarf slips in quietly through the front door with a large burlap sack in his hands and ducks under a table. Of course, most everyone at the bar is likely too intoxicated and self-absorbed to notice this, but if anyone does, their confusion is likely alleviated by the sound of at least a dozen members of the town guard rushing down the street just outside the establishment.

The red-headed dwarf climbs back up to his feet and brushes off his arms, legs, and beard. Straightening his simple brown tunic, he gathers his burlap sack and seems ready to head for the bar when a rapid tapping sound arises from the window next to him.

The dwarf's cheeks turn as red as the beard on his chin as he makes his way to the window and opens it. A large, gold-colored hawk flies in and lands on his shoulder, pecking him on the side of the head as it screeches in his ear.

Cooper, Cooper! Calm down there! Ye know I wasn't going to leave ye in that cage was I? It twas only by luck of me mother's beard that that guard fell asleep so close to me cell that i could borrow his key and let meself out. I was going to grab ye first thing, but ye were locked up in that big cage and this bag is so heavy... A deafening shriek from the bird makes the dwarf cringe. Well, looksee, yer safe now and we got what we came fer, He shakes the bag and the sound of clinking metal is heard, So let's all be thankful fer that, ay? Now we just have to find a way out of this town...

Dorian squints his eyes, trying to see through the smoky haze and mass of bodies that fill the building. Catching a glimpse of the skull-and-crossbones in the back of the room, he makes his way to the back table where the half-elf sits impatiently.

Lookin' fer shipmates are ye? Well it just so happens that Cooper has been struck by a sudden urge to travel, and the gods know that where he goes, this lonely dwarf has to follow, so sign us up! With this, the dwarf leans over the table, gives a hearty roar as he reads the signatures on the parchment, then adds Cooper and Co. to the bottom of the page.

Giving the first mate a smile, he hands back the quill, gathers up his burlap sack, and plops himself down directly between the two other signers. Turning to the enormous hobgoblin to his right, Dorian pokes his elbow.
Let me guess, you must be Tulek, which would make the jolly fellow to my left the horse's arse.

bchilders
2007-12-15, 06:47 PM
With all the spectacle caused by his two predecessors entering the tavern Karos warrants a deal less attention as he quietly enters. The confidence the other two entered in with is not apparent in Karos' shifing gaze and shuffling steps. To reassure himself he lifts his hand behind his back and feels the smoothness of his pride and joy and closest companion, his bow. Slightly more relaxed he makes his way to the table where the half elf sits. He smiles uncomfortably at the women and picks up the inkpen. "I hear you need a crew...I'm quite familiar with ships ma'self...," he trails off not knowing what else to say. Karos Stormborn he writes on the paper, adopting the name he had used since the shipwreck. It still hurt every now and then to see his family name. He made his way to a seat a bit away from the two already seated.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-15, 07:13 PM
"I came from the farthest island north by canoe. I know the seas," Tulek assures the half-elf. Found me got there, too, on the waves," he adds, sitting down before further questions come. The half-elf begins tapping his hook, so Tulek assumes he evaded a religious discussion. Clerics of Nerull do not convert, as most try to; all men will someday be worshippers. The origins were somewhat private, and Tulek actually wished he hadn't brought them.

. . .

"I like t' think of meself as something of a horse's arse, too," Tulek tells Dorian, quickly craning his head to see what was written on the paper.But th' name was already taken. As for you lot, which is the Cooper and which is the Co?"

Hyozo
2007-12-15, 08:43 PM
Marcus

Marcus enters the tavern with Philippe in his shoulder, and heads over to the Half-elf with determination. "'eard someone wuz lookin' for a piratin' crew. Tha'd be you?" asks Marcus, as Philippe flies over to pearch on Thunk Chunk's head. "Looks from yer paper tha' it would indeed. Think I'd be signin' up then. 'Sure I'll be more useful than yer 'orses arse." he continues as he signs Marcus Reln.

He walks over to Thunk Chunk and scolds his familiar. "Ge' off tha 'obgobln's 'ead ya sky porpoise!"

"'Obgobln's 'ead? Tha'd be nonsense. I be standin' on a cloud. Replies Philippe, as Marcus looks at Cooper and Dorian jealously.

Darkantra
2007-12-15, 09:07 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk takes a lazy swing at the bird above his head.

"Get offa me ya little snack."

The swing didn't connect though, as Thunk Chunk was thinking too deeply about what had just been said. Words collided into other words in his head and an unsettling picture had begun to form. The familiar's words were apt indeed, as thunderclouds could easily be seen on the big Hobgoblin's head.

"Waitta sec... Tulek... TULEK!?" The last word comes out in a roar, "That bastard Baston lied to me! He said that spelled Thunk Chunk!"

As quickly as the rage enters him, eyes almost popping in their red tinted glow and hands gripping his chair so hard that it creaked under the pressure, he settles giving a great guffaw and knee slap.

"Bwahahaha, he got me good!" Thunk Chunk turns to Tulek and offers him a grin full of sharp teeth, "I won't be holdin' it against ya, death man, 'snot yer fault that son of a merrow tricked me with yer name. Though I be spittin' him on me sword next time I sees him."

Rudiger
2007-12-15, 09:23 PM
Dorian

Raising an eyebrow at Thunk's outburst, Dorian turns to Teluk.
He's Cooper, and his keeper. Dorian Ungart at ye service.

Cooper doesn't acknowledge the dwarf's comment and continues making slow spirals in the air around the strange talking bird, making it seem as though Thunk's skull has an orbit.

Cooper! Ye stop botherin' that there hobbie and get down here now! Dorian shakes his fist at the hawk, who swoops down to give him a peck on the skull before returning to float around the hobgoblin's head.

Gods, sometime I don't know who's the master and who's the familiar... He opens the burlap sack, revealing an assortment of silverware, and tilts it towards Teluk. Wanna spoon?

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-16, 10:44 AM
Tennin wanders up to the man with the paperwork, addressing the man.

"Aye, ole Tennin Fowler here, formerly of Neptune's Grace. Lemme sign thar ledger... Its been a might too long I been landlocked."

He turns to the barkeep. "Ahoy, thar! I needs me some rum, and none of that thar watered down stuff you serve the wee ones!" He slaps some money on the table.

Afterwards, he turns around, leaning on the bar, eyeing the crowd. To nobody in particular, he mumbles aloud "hrm... a storm's a-brewing..."

lawful_evil
2007-12-16, 10:51 AM
The first mate raises an eyebrow at Tulek's canoe comment, "Ar, canoes not really a seaworthy vessel, ye must be a lucky as Kilroy 'imself to have survived."

When the dwarf signs up, the first mate says, "You little man, have ye any pirating experience? The cap'n woe'na be to pleased to see another bird fly'n round. We go 'nuf trouble with them pesky flying rats, we do."

Once Karos arrives and signs up, the first mate says, "Ar, the cap'n be happy to have the likes of ye on board. Ar, yes he will." When he sees da new crew just sittin'round, he waves Lizzy over to them to take their drink orders, saying, "First rounds on the Cap'n, it is."

When Marcus arrives with another bird, and signs up, the first mate says, "Ar. This isn't an Ark, ye know. At least a parrot's a good pirating bird. Ar. Welcome to the crew of 'The Stingray'."

Just after Marcus joins everyone else, Lizzy, a short, but well endowed wench with red curly hair, arrives at the table with a tray. She sets down 5 flagons of ale. She walks around the table to stand beside Karos. She puts her arm around him, leaning seductively in and says, to the whole table, "If ye, be needing anything else, just be askin".

After Tennin walks in and signs up, Lizzy, still hanging on Karos says, "Aiy, laddie, I'll fetch it for ye.". Lizzy wanders off with Tennins cash, but soon returns with his rum.

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-16, 11:02 AM
"So, I see yonder boat has no fishing lines nor skrimshaw... Tell me, what manner of vessel be she? And while ye at it, maybe you can be tellin' us when we leave port?" Tennin says knowingly.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-16, 11:57 AM
"The god of death be a fine protector," Tulek said, "Since that's what you're wanting to avoid, most of th' time." As Dorian and the first mate talk over birds, Tulek asks "Willn't a second bird end up eating th' rats?"
. . .
"Unique sense of humour, y'ave," Tulek tells Thunk Chunk without a hint of irony or disingenuity.
. . .
Tulek gives a nod of thanks, and reaches out to take a spoon. "Never know when you might be needing one, do yeh?"

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-16, 12:03 PM
"Bah, god of death indeed... If we be on the water, ye be best to be sendin' a prayer to Obad-Hai, who be true master of the seas. He be the one responsible for all things natural... and death be a natural thing too."

lawful_evil
2007-12-16, 12:48 PM
When Terrin doesn't show the proper respect, the first mate, leaps to his feet and slams his clawed hand to the table, sinking the center claw in a good inch. The first mate growls at Mr. Fowler, "Boat? Y'well learn soon enough to show 'er proper respect. That there, be a pirate ship, a caravel, ana' darn feisty one. 'The Stingray', be 'er name."

The first mate then calls out to Lizzy, "None for that one", nodding his head towards Mr. Fowler. As he sits down, he's got a bit of smirk on his face and he mutters something under his breathe.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-16, 12:51 PM
"I'm not inclined to doubting Obad-Hai's power on the seas, even power over death, but Undeath's nothing of nature, and it's where my path's to lead." Tulek's bony visage seems to stand out that much more, in light of the comment, to those around him. His speech of undeath doesn't seem to be hollow boasting; he looks already to be half-way there. "Between the both of our gods, though, I can't imagine to hear of better protection for a crew."

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-16, 12:52 PM
Tennin just grumbles under his breath at that.
[OOC: my bad!]

bchilders
2007-12-16, 02:19 PM
Karos, always flustered around women, blushed fiercely at Lizzy's closeness, but he managed a smile nonetheless. He remembered back when his father paid for his first night with a woman. It had been a while and he wouldn't mind the company again. Trying his hardest to appear confident he said to her, "I..ah..I'll sure to be takin you up on that missie."

After that Karos sat back and watched those who were coming in. He felt a little nervous around the cleric of Nerull but who wouldn't with someone whose life was focused around death. He enjoyed the personality some of the others showed. Always one to sit back, Karos enjoyed there to at least be entertaining people to watch.

Darkantra
2007-12-16, 03:35 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk growls in annoyance. He'ds finished his drink already and the bird spinning around his head was making him dizzy.

"Ya blasted pidgeon, just land already, there's plenty o' room up there."

Not one to notice the irony of his statements Thunk Chunk goes back to absorbing the conversations around him. Turning to Terrin he gives a chuckle and thumps him on the shoulder with a huge fist.

"Ya never been a freebooter before wave-talker? Good thing you joined with Thunk Chunk," He swats himself with the same meaty fist, "I be knowin' a good deal about bein' a pirate. It be mostly about guttin' yer enemy before he does ya in, then taking his goods an' gold." He pauses, almost mumbling something as he does heavy mathematics, then winks at the cleric "An' wenchin', of course."

That said, Thunk Chunk reaches over and gives the girl named Lizzy a not-so-subtle pinch.

"''Nother tankard wench, I be always drinkin' me fill before heading out on the waves."

He finally settles back into his seat and flicks a lock near to the sitting bird.

"Ya got comfort up there pidgeon?"

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-16, 03:45 PM
"Aye, I been a seafairin' 'fore now, though none-too-long. Been a privateer for a bit, too, though not on the, ehm, 'sanctioned' side of it, if ye know what I means...

"I finds me abilities to be useful to most seafaring crews, as Obad-Hai has found grace enough in ole Tennin to entrust healing abilities."

OOC: I had something in my backstory about having some seafaring experience, but slipped when I typed "boat", is all. 1 rank in profession: sailor.

Hyozo
2007-12-16, 04:51 PM
Marcus

"Good piratin' bird? Yeah, he sure is, long as he remembers who's in charge. 's like tha dwarf says, familiars seem ta have trouble rememberin' tha' they're s'posed to do what they're told. 'least Cooper keeps his mouth shut." replies marcus as he grabbed a knife out of Dorian's bag. "Get off his 'ead afore I decide I need some target practice ye foul fowl!" he shouts at Philippe, who actually does so this time, flying over to drink a good amount of Marcus's beer instead. Marcus returns the knife and smiles, "I doubt he'll be sayin' anything he wouldn't normally say. 'least he can't talk while he's drinkin'."

lawful_evil
2007-12-16, 07:27 PM
Lizzy, hanging on Karos, smiles and says, "Oh, he's a shy one, is he?" She rubs her hand across Karos' chest while rubbing her ample chest against his shoulder. At his suggestion, she gets a wicked grin, hops up, and turns around to face him again. She leans way down, giving him a nice view of her assets and giving Thunk Chunk a nice view of her other assets. She begins to whisper in Karos' ear when Thunk Chunk makes his move.

*pinch*

Lizzy jumps and yelps. Her sudden action causes Philippe to suddenly take to the air as 'his' flagon of ale is knocked down drenching both Tulek and Terrin's pants. Lizzy moves quickly, stepping to put Karos in between Thunk Chunk and her. She leans in behind Karos, her warm breathe on his neck, "Are you going to let him get away with that?"

Rudiger
2007-12-16, 08:00 PM
Dorian

Sauntering over to the first mate who had dared question his knowledge of the seas, Dorian takes a deep breath:
Aye laddie, you best be tipping yer peg-ear starberd and be listenin' to me! Me grandfather was born onna crestin' wave, me father was born onna tsunami, and I was born onna bloody TYPHOON! I'm part sahuagin and under this beard I've got gills, and if ya believe that then I've got a plank I want ya to see the end of! Sea-farin' experience, I'll just let ye know, if at any time durin' our voyage ye get a wee bit seasick, Cooper can take over fer ya, and he'll do a better job ye scurvy dog-son of a bilgerat!

Puffing out his chest and swaggering back over to stand between Marcus and Tulek, Dorian leans over to whisper in the death priest's ear.
Never been asea a day in me life, this should be fun...

PocketRocket
2007-12-16, 08:31 PM
Ulfgar

Ulfgar sits swaying to and fro at the bar. He has two pints of ale, one in each hand. He spins around in his chair after hearing several minutes worth of conversation going on behind him.
What is going on over there? so many ars and yars. Could it be the pirates I've been looking for.?

Ulfgar hops down gracefully to the ground despite the hours upon hours of drinking that has just commenced. He walks over to the table with the skull and crossbones flag.

Is this the pirate table i've been looking for? Well if its an adventure on the sea you are promising, you can count me in." The dwarf looks around for a sec and writes his name Ulfgar Stonefist on the paper. He turns around to join the others but then quickly looks back "Oh yeah! Ar!" Ulfgar smiles and turns to sit with the rest of the crew, both pints of ale still in his grasp.

As he turns he sees the nonsense with the wench that just ensued. He smiles awkwardly and thinks to himself...Man this sure is going to be a grand adventure. Who knows what kind of things I will get to learn. That hobgoblin sure is big. I wonder if he would want to wrestle sometime?...

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-16, 09:54 PM
"It's like th' land, 'cepting that every chair is a rocking chair," Tulek says to the Dwarf.

. . .

"I guess the living still excite me more than I thought," Tulek quips swiftly, cutting short the bar patrons about to make one joke or another about the wet lap of the priest's pants. Turning to Terrin with his firendly, yet eerie grin, Tulek adds "Seems neither nature nor death c'n protect yeh from a mug of spilt ale," with a youthful, boyish laugh. I think they can both avenge it, though," he said with a wink and pouring motion; create water was a spell virtually every cleric knew, and they could make gallons, more than enough to compensate for one mug of ale. "What say you, Teninn Fowler, a splash for the lass?"

lawful_evil
2007-12-17, 07:56 AM
After Dorian's outburst the First Mate just smiles for a few moments and then says, "Ar. Ye be fulla spunk you be. Mighty generous of you to volunteer to clean the barnacles from the keel. Yur gills be coming in mighty handy."

He begins to tap out a funeral march on the table with his clawed hand, "Ar. Insolent bunch ye be turnin out to be. Yule learn soon 'nuff that the sea is not an easy life an tha the Cap'n has to be brutal to maintain discipline."

Ar. Live it now, for tomorrow you shall die, or at least wish you was dead.

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-17, 08:28 AM
Tennin Fowler

"Aye, a splash indeed... Tennin crosses his arms and leans back in his chair, watching events unfold. "Eh, perhaps tomorrow.

PocketRocket
2007-12-17, 12:52 PM
"Aye! Brutal he may be, but he will be nothing compared to the discipline I learned at the monastery. Bring on this challenge. No man or sea will break me." Ulfgar speaks directly to the First Mate than takes a swig from each of his pints. Ulgar looks into both curiously.No more Ale,eh. Hmmm...
"Hey missy. Could i bother ye for two more pints? Put it on the orange one's tab."

Darkantra
2007-12-17, 03:35 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk whips his head around and gives a toothy grin to the thirsty dwarf. In matters of drink his mind was like quicksilver.

"Me tab eh? Ya gonna give me a reason to let ya do that?"

He sizes the dwarf up. With muscles as thick as his own and hands so heavily worn they looked like teak he'd be a good challenge. He points over to one of the areas of the floor reserved for brawling and wrestling. One of them has just become empty.

"What ya say, loser buys the drinks?"

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-17, 04:52 PM
Tulek shrugs. Tennin's loss. "The scarlet eyes that see beyond the veil of death, rain down water," Tulek says with a strangely formal tone and accent to his voice, uncommon for one who is to become a pirate. A downpour of water opens over Lizzie's head, six soaking gallons dropping on to her. "Even?" Tulek asks with a laugh mirthful enough to show there was no malice in the action. Thoe figures who knew him before as he entered gaze at Tulek with even stranger looks, now. A jovial, mischievous servant of death fits well outside the boundaries of most's stereotypes.

bchilders
2007-12-17, 06:20 PM
Karos finds himself at a loss for words when Lizzy asks him to do something to the over large hobgoblin. As the uncomfortable situation lengthens him finds himself relieved when gallons of water come rushing down. He quickly jumps up and prevents most of the water from drenching him and quickly inpects his bow, drying it off on his shirt to prevent the water from spoiling it. He figures he'd never lose the habit even though his bow never seemed to wear from use or weather. After looking over his weapon he looks the the now soaked women, "I apolagize for these others, is there anything I kin do ta help you dry off." Karos says with the innocence only a truly clueless man can muster.

lawful_evil
2007-12-17, 06:44 PM
Just as Ulfgar seals his fate with more tough talk, the First Mate suddenly leaps to his feet, looking off into the bar and says, "Cap'n". In the direction of the First Mate's gaze is the staircase to the private rooms. Walking down the staircase is the captain. She is decked out in new seafaring attire composed of bright reds and blues with a bright white undershirt and frillls. She wears long black boots that come just above her knees. About her waist is a black sash and scabbard holding some sort of sword with a gold and jewel encrusted hilt and guard. The captain's hat is tipped back a bit to clearly reveal her purity and beauty as well as her long curly jet black hair.

The Captain is always one to set a fine example for the crew, especially in the wenching department. On her arms hang two of the establishments finest wenches. She smiles and nods at Claw, who then sits back down.

The Captain, spotting a brawl on the far side of the room rushes over to join in the fun, leaving the wenches to their bar keeping duties. She soon disappears to the far side of the crowded bar, but the noise level from the far side of the bar, rises up as the crew cheers for(or against) the Captain.

The First Mate then says to Ulfgar with a bit of a sarcastic tone, "Brutal he may be, but he will be nothing compared to the discipline I learned.. blah blah. Bring on this challenge. No man or sea will break me... blah blah Aiy, little man, but SHE will."

Lizzy is none to happy about being drenched. She screeches a howl of anger and the sees that Karos is more concerned about his bow than about her, "Ah? What? Argh." With that she grabs Karos' still (mostly) full flagon and chucks it at Tulek. The flagon hits him square in the face and then falls into his lap, dumping the contents directly onto his crotch.

Flagoning (1d20+5=18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1432661)
Flagoning Nonlethal Damage (1d3=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1432666)

She turns and storms off leaving Karos to dry himself off with his 'friends'.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-17, 06:59 PM
"Aye, that's fair," Tulek laughs as the Flagon hits him. 6 gallons of water was a little excessive for one ale, he had to admit. "I'll buy yeh another ale, if that was yours she hurled at me," he adds to Karos, rubbing a tiny spot of blood above his right eye. "Good arm, but not much for humour, that one," he observes.

Hyozo
2007-12-17, 07:28 PM
Marcus

Marcus begins to laugh, not surprising considdering the actions of the other recruits, and Phillipe begins to talk again. "Hey 'ook 'and, do it mean somethin' different on The stingray? The title firs-" Marcus stuffs his own flagon over the bird's head. "Ye be Quiet! He already said she don't much like birds. Ye think insultin' them will make them like ye better?"

The bird stays silent as it attempts to somehow remove it's new "hat", while Marcus resumes his laughter, and quietly mentions "I was actually thinkin' about askin' if she be the good type of brutal meself."

bchilders
2007-12-17, 10:58 PM
Karos fells a bit of remorse at Lizzy leaving but soon replaces it with an eye on the coming brawl. While the hobgoblin is a big fella Karos quietly places a mental wager on the dwarf coming through in a wrestling match...that is if Thunk Chunk plays by the rules. But then on second thought the hobo doesn't exactly look like one to play by any rules. Either way it will be interesting.

PocketRocket
2007-12-17, 11:55 PM
"Hmmm... a she it be, eh? I've never learned from a female before. Perhaps she can teach me a thing or two."

Ulfgar looks towards Thunk Chunk. "Is it a wrestling match ye want?" Ulfgar looks gleefully at Thunk Chunk. "For two pints of ale i will gladly pin ye to the ground"
Ulfgar looks at his two empty flagons o ale longingly. Don't worry guys. You will be full soon enough Ulfgar sets his two mugs down next to Karos. "Keep an eye on these lad. Will ya?" Ulfgar then walks over to the brawling area waiting for Thunk Chunk to join him.

lawful_evil
2007-12-18, 08:25 AM
The dwarf and the hobgoblin move away from the tables(so that no one else spills any ale). The other patrons which were standing around the open area chosen move away, seeing the look in the eyes of the combatants. They aren't used to brawls being so planned and orderly. Normally the fists start flying and THEN they move away from the tables.

Init :

TC then US (1d20+3=8, 1d20+3=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1433547)

Ulfgar gets to go first(unless he wants TC to get the first blow).

The first mate, who is watching intently, begins to clank out a slow drumbeat with his claw.

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-18, 08:37 AM
Tennin:

...clears out of the way, and snags one of the pints that these bruisers left on the table, while they are distracted.

PocketRocket
2007-12-18, 09:01 AM
Once Thunk Chunk steps into the brawling area, Ulfgar instantly rushes at him and attempts to wrestle him to the ground.

No attack of opportunity.
Melee touch attack:[roll0]
if touch attack succeeds, Grapple check:[roll1]
if grapple check succeeds, move into opponents space

Ulfgar slips up when trying to grab Thunk Chunk. Oh, wow! Hmmm... I knew i needed more ale in me. I never miss!!!

"Ha, Ha! Seems I slipped big guy. Lucky for you! Lets see what you've got in ya."

Duke of URL
2007-12-18, 10:24 AM
Grish

A half-orc in the far corner awakes... or more precisely, comes to... at the sound of the ruckus. His eyes try to focus for a bit, and then he sees the recruiting table.

"Damn me if I didn't nearly miss it!" He staggers over to the table, and weaves a little as he says to the half-elf, "still lookin' for some volunteers?"

lawful_evil
2007-12-18, 11:09 AM
The first mate is startled by the appearance of the Half-Orc bruiser. Turning to look him over, the First Mate says, "Aiy, we be lookin' fer volunteers, we be." The First Mate motions to the parchment with the names and says, "Make yer mark and join the fun, for we cast off with the morning tide."

The first mate looks around briefly for Lizzy to order the new guy a drink, but not seeing her, quickly forgets about it. The distraction aside, the first mate goes back to clanking out a battle rhythm(with his three pronged claw), and starts to increase the tempo.

Duke of URL
2007-12-18, 11:24 AM
Grish

The half-orc scrawls something barely legible on the roster, and then slumps back to the floor.

bchilders
2007-12-18, 01:18 PM
Karos keeps a firm grip on the dwarfs two mugs but moves closer to get a good view of the action.

Darkantra
2007-12-18, 01:20 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk barely leans aside as the dwarf comes rocketing in at him. His eyes begin to smolder and all of his muscles start to quiver. Ulgar was saying something with a battle-eager grin on his face but everything faded to white noise around Thunk Chunk. From the depths of his being a great roar began to work it's way up his gullet and Thunk Chunk gave his mind over to the rage. Stepping towards the dwarf with his arms held high, Thunk Chunk yells his battlecry.

"CHUNK!!!"

Thunk Chunk enters his rage, Str and Con +4 will saves +2 and AC -2
[roll0]
[roll1]
After that if all goes well Thunk Chunk moves into Ulgar's space. Ooo, misssed by 1

Thunk Chunk's wide sweep with his arms whips the air above the dwarf's head into a brief frenzy but not much else. The move has brought him too close to the dwarf, leaving Thunk Chunk open for a counterattack.

PocketRocket
2007-12-18, 11:11 PM
Ulgar laughs at the now raging Thunk Chunk and gracefully steps aside not bothering to hit him, even though he left himself wide open. After stepping aside Ulgar comes from behind and wraps his strong arms around Thunk Chunk's body.

Melee touch attack: [roll0]
Grapple check: [roll1]
move into Thunk Chunk's space, if all goes according to plan

Thunk Chunk wiggles his way from Ulgar's grasp. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON! WHY CAN'T I GRAB HIM!!!
Shear frustration appears on Ulfgar's face. The frustration sobers him up quickly.

Darkantra
2007-12-18, 11:17 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk whirles around, escaping from the dwarf's grip just long enough to roar into his face before reaching out to grab the nimble dwarf.

8 rounds of raging left.
[roll0]
[roll1]

"CHUUUNK!"

Thunk Chunk catches Ulgar on his shoulders and brings him towards his wide chest, meaning to crush and hold him if possible.

PocketRocket
2007-12-19, 01:00 AM
Ulfgar smiles at Thunk Chunk, allowing him to grab onto him. "Ha ha! Now you are mine!"
Ulfgar now grappling with Thunk Chunk, throws him to the ground to pin him down.

Pin Opponent: [roll0]

Darkantra
2007-12-19, 01:51 AM
Thunk Chunk

Too encased in his rage, Thunk Chunk doesn't even notice the dwarf slip his hands and feet into postition for a trip, and finds himself jarring his head against the tavern floor.

"RAARGH! THUNK CHUNK WILL WIN!"

[roll0]

bchilders
2007-12-19, 08:09 AM
On seeing the big hobgoblin go down, Karos mentally congratulates himself for picking the winner.

PocketRocket
2007-12-19, 08:45 AM
Ha ha. The ale is mine, big guy," Ulfgar triumphantly states as Thunk Chunk weakly tries to escape his pin. "Just a few more seconds and you will be emptying your pockets."

Ulfgar flexs his powerful muscles and continues to hold the pin.

pin opponent: [roll0]

Ulgar lets out a victorious scream. "CHUUUNK!!! Oh. I guess thats your yell isn't it? HA HA!"

"Wench, the drinks are on the orange one!"

Darkantra
2007-12-19, 11:12 AM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk heard the dwarf yell his, HIS, battlecry and all thoughts of the match flew from his head. As soon as the dwarf lets him up he stands tall and yells.

"NEVER USE ME BATTLECRY!"

He runs over to the nearest table and overturns it, sending the patrons around it scattering with curses flying off their lips. He pulls it above his head and stares at the dwarf who bested him. With a single grunt and a twist of his bulging muscles Thunk Chunk breaks the table, quite literally, in half.

Having achieved the destruction of something, he drops both ends of the table to the ground and lets the rage wash out of him. His shoulders slump ever so slightly as his burst of power fades but he squares himself and walks back to he dwarf.

"Aye, ya beat short stuff, ya be slippy like an eel an' strong too. I can respect that. But," he glares dangerously at the dwarf, eyes hard as steel, "I be only tellin' ya this once. Never, ever, use me battlecry again. It belongs to the tribe o' Chunkach, an' if ya be yellin' it again then we be fighting more than just a wrestlin' match."

He stares at the dwarf a second longer to make his point before barring his teeth and slapping him on the shoulder.

"Enough o' that now, let's get those drinks! Wench, four more over here!"

Thunk Chunk moves back to his seat, ignoring the hearty protests of the patrons whose table he destroyed.

[roll0]

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-19, 06:40 PM
"Remind me to refer to gruel as 'hearty', will yeh?" Tulek asks those around him after hearing Thunk Chunk's rage at the use of the word "Chunk."

bchilders
2007-12-19, 08:11 PM
Karos makes his way to the dwarf and hands him back his two mugs, "Well fought, glad you'll be on are side."

lawful_evil
2007-12-20, 08:09 AM
Worm o' the Apple

As the night wears on, more and more of the crew begin passing out in the bar, leaning up against walls, drooped over tables, or just sprawled out flat on the floor. This makes walking about a bit treacherous especially if you are drunk too.

At closing time(sunrise), the First Mate, with the help of the wenches hauls all the passed out drunks out of the building and onto a number of carts which were waiting just outside.

The Docks

An hour or so after the cart convoy left the bar, the carts are unceremoniously dumped, leaving a pile of 'corpses' at the foot of a ramp. The act of being dumped wakes two of the crew and after struggling out'o the pile, the immediately get to work. The ramp leads from the dock up onto 'The Stingray'. She is indeed a caravel, move than 50 feet long, complete with forecastle and quarterdeck. She also has a visible hatch at the very front of the her length where she may conceal a cannon.

Any of the new crew that are conscious are singled out by the First Mate. Claw, as he is apparently called, says, "Ar. Mister Davies, show these here scalawags to da crew quarters." A young lad, maybe 17 or 18, but with the left side of his face scarred with burn marks, steps out of line. The rest of the crew has formed a line handing off supplies from one to the next to store in the hold.

Mr Davies leads the newcomers up the ramp and then towards the structure at the front of the ship. He says, "Yeh can sleep da Fo'c'sle or up here on deck." In between the two steep staircases which rise to the top of the structure is a small door which leads into it. Davies leads you into structure. He motions to several open bunkbeds and one open hammock. He adds, "Pick which yeh want." He then motions to the various footlockers in the room and says, "Lock yeh stuff up. Claw'll issue you a lock if'n yeh don't have one."

Davies turns to leave an says, "Welcome aboard. Yeh got maybe 5 minute before ole Claw'll be in here to put'cha to work. T'would be best to get out and join da crew 'fore that."

For now.. anyone passed out, it left alone... for now.

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-20, 10:16 AM
Tennin

Tennin lugs himself up to the deck "Aye, this be a fine a place as any... Ah, the sea make fer a nice lullaby... Ar, what be ye orders, sir?" Tennin goes to work. He commands Aqua, who has been waiting at the docks, to hold himself against the rear of the ship.

Profession: Sailor
[roll0]

Duke of URL
2007-12-20, 11:32 AM
Grish

Grish tosses his few spare possessions onto a top bunk, and then goes up to the deck to see about work.

lawful_evil
2007-12-20, 01:49 PM
Mr Davies mentions to Tennin, "You'll want to claim a bunk too, for sleep'n on deck'n be hazardous ina storm. You'll wanna stow your gear in the locker too. Don't want leave it lying on deck, it get in the way and a wave might just wash it overboard."

Plenty of work to be done. Even though the captain doesn't expect to be at sea for more than 2 weeks, the crew needs to load enough food and fresh water for at least a month(just in case).

Dry goods and kegs of various liquids are stored down in the hold. This requires hauling every keg and crate up the plank onto the ship, down two sets of very steep and narrow staircases to the hold. The ship's cook is down in the hold organizing the incoming goods and directing 'traffic'. Alcohol and most of the food is locked in the aft compartment. 20 caged chickens and 4 pigs put into the lower deck and 4 newly sheared sheep are tied up on the upper deck.

{{ Anyone with Stormwrack can reference their stock Caravel pp 98 until I can get The Stingray's actual layout posted(which will be close). }}

With everything on board, several of the crew stay below and tie down all of the provisions with nets. Once the provisions are stored, the crew makes busy hauling out the sails for the three masts and begin the long process of rigging the lines, hoisting the sails and all that.

Claw, no longer tolerant of their overindulgence, begins dumping anyone still asleep off the dock and into the sea. This wakes em up good and fast. One of the crewmen, a tall black skinned man with pointed ears, uses a lasso and then a long pole with a hook to haul each of them in turn out of the water and onto deck.

Claw then puts them to work on the ropes, pulling the sails up. Once the sails are up, the crewmembers up top hook the sails up to the existing lines and structure so they can be used to propel the ship. This takes a while and soon enough the lazy crew members are covered with sweat and have raw bleeding hands.

bchilders
2007-12-20, 03:05 PM
Karos having not drank much at all wakes up at the ship and moves on deck. He claims the hammock because he enjoys the movement on the open sea and he also gets a lock and locker to store his stuff. As soon as he is done he gets up on deck and sarts to work, at least for now enjoying the feel of ship work.

PocketRocket
2007-12-20, 03:19 PM
Ulfgar, having drank a whole lot the night before, was rather tired the next day, however he is a dwarf so the alcohol did not affect him much. He woke up bright and early and made is way onto the ship. He claimed a bottom bunk (much easier for him to reach) and loks away his personal stash of dwarven ale in his locker. He rushes out to the deck and begins looking for things to lift and pull.

Darkantra
2007-12-20, 03:57 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk steps onto the ship and takes a deep breath of the early morning salt air. Nodding his pleasure at the fine morning he follows the boy down to the bunks and picks a bunk, preferring to avoid the hammock since his horrible hammock accident all those years ago...

Whipping his head to clear the memory he stores his equipment in his locker and goes back onto the deck to assist and greet the crew.

"I be Thunk Chunk, yeh can say me name but don't be usin' me battlecry! Good to be aboard."

He sets himself to any task that needs completion, his experience as a reaver making him an asset in getting the ship ready to set off.

[roll0]
Avast! It be time to set off Yarrr!

Hyozo
2007-12-20, 05:42 PM
Marcus will take one of the bunks and place his crossbow and flasks of alchemist's fire in the nearest footlocker. After doing this he climbs back onto the deck and helps to load supplies and ready the sails.

See other topic, it's a 10

In addition, if any of the ropes or sails Marcus is working with are frayed or torn, he'll cast mending on them, no point in having damaged equipment if you can avoid it.

lawful_evil
2007-12-20, 09:03 PM
{{ Tulek and Dorian pick bunks/etc }}

An hour or so passes and the ship is rigged for travel. The drunkards are again handed the job of hauling up the anchor while the rest of the crew loosen the moorings on the pier and eases the ship out to sea.

The captain, having gotten herself settled, wanders out onto deck and checks the progress. Seeing things running smoothly, she orders Claw, "Have a couple of the Recruits clean out the scuppers and then swab the decks."

She then climbs up to the quarterdeck and speaks with the navigator, "Quarter speed till we clear the bay, then full sail and make for The Turnip Narrows."

She wanders back down and watches the men scurry about then she heads her cabin, which is the far port aft cabin on the main deck(just under the quarterdeck on the left side). As she goes to open the door, she snaps back to Claw, "Get someone on the brightwork too."

Claw the orders Tulek, "Ar, to the scuppers with ya." Claw shows the man a 1" diameter drain hole in the deck and instructs him to clean it out and make sure there ain't no obstructions. Then he points around the deck to the 20+ other drain holes. The holes aren't overly clogged, but 3/4 are obstructed. It takes a good 10 minutes per hole on your hands and knees to get them clear. Once Tulek is working away, Claw adds, "When yur done, have that Hobgoblin swab the decks."

Claw then orders, Ulfgar, "Ar, grab a rag and get yer spit polish going. The Cap'n wants the brightwork cleaned up." Claw points around to all the tarnished door handles, hooks, and other metal items scattered around the deck. "She'll wanna see her face in'em by morning. Get to it. Oh, and don't forget the fo'cas'le and quarterdeck, there be more up there. Ar."

It takes the ship maybe 30 minutes to clear the protective bay of Newtown. Beyond that, the open seas. The winds pick up and the waves rock the ship quite a bit more than they did in the bay. At that point, the order is given to string up most of the sails. After a bit of a scramble, it is done and the ship accelerates out across the waves.

bchilders
2007-12-21, 12:07 AM
After the orders are giving Karos busy's himself with whatever job he can find. After finishing he heads over to the dwarf and offers to help, "You but on a good show the other night...mind if I lend a hand?"

PocketRocket
2007-12-21, 04:28 AM
Ulfgar doesn't mind the meaningless task given to him. After being at the monastery for several years he has learned how to discipline himself no matter what is going on. Ulfgar gets to work making every piece of metal on the ship shine.

Ulfgar sees Karos coming over towards him. "Aye, thank ye lad. I do appreciate that you looked after me two steins. I will owe ye a drink some time. You want to help me with this, eh? Well I can't be turnin down an offer like that." Ulfgar throws Karos a rag and they get to work.

Duke of URL
2007-12-21, 08:47 AM
Grish

"Work, work, work..." grumbles the half-orc as he is put through his paces. "When does the looting and pillaging begin?"

Darkantra
2007-12-21, 10:53 AM
Thunk Chunk

Enjoying the sea air, Thunk Chunk doesn't even mind the meanial chores assigned to him. After helping to rig the lines and sails he looks over at the death cleric, and after a second gives a grunt.

"Pah! Here Tulec, I be helping ya with yer work. Can't swab the decks until these dumb holes are clean."

[roll0] Another one to speed the process perhaps?

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-21, 11:31 AM
"Of course," Tulek says, bending to his hands and knees to clean each hole without much complaint; he spent the early portion of his life digging in half-frozen earth to burry rotting bodies in a rocky barrow. Cleaning the scuppers was hardly anythingto be upset about.
Yeh've got me thanks," he says when Thunk Chunk arrives with his offer. "I'll be doing the same for you, o'course, when the swabbing comes."

Profession:Sailor [roll0]

lawful_evil
2007-12-21, 02:01 PM
The Stingray

The morning wears on as the crew do the various chores associated with keeping the vessel maintained. When the sun is high in the sky, the crew, except for the lookout, are called down to the Lower Deck, where lunch is 'served' amongst the pigs and chickens. Having just launched, the food is fresh and flavorful. The workers and laborers amongst the crew dine here, while the captain and her officers dine in the wardroom(one deck up and adjacent to the captain's quarters, starboard-aft).

The newcomers are each assigned one of the able bodied crew members as a mentor until they can get a grip on their exact place in the scheme of things. The crew is composed of about 20 deckhands and laborers and 10 officers.

After lunch, the recruits begin training on the various aspects of working the ship. {{ Anyone with a +5 modifier to profession sailor will be judged proficient and allowed to just get to work. }}

Late afternoon, the lookout reports a small vessel ahead and starboard. A cheer goes up amongst the crew. The captain races above decks and climbs the rigging to the crow's nest to get a better look. She then orders the navigator to adjust their course and intercept. She also orders Claw to make the crew ready for boarding.

Claw comes around and has every get their weapons from the crew quarters. He also orders the ropes and hooks be brought on deck as well as the boarding planks. He also has the crew double check the mast lines(which may be used to swing over to the other vessel).

"Ar! Make ready!" The Stingray is closing on the other vessel ever so slowly. It'll be full dark before the vessels are in range of each other. Everyone waits on the deck for the excitement to come and the cook comes around with tin cups of stew.

Claw gathers up the new recruits and says, "The Cap'n assigned you dreks to me. Ar orders be ta cut the tension lines fur da sails and drop anchor, to keep her from get'n 'way." Claw motions to the forecastle and says, "We be swinging over from the fo'c'stle to their bow. As we close on them, take cover from their archers. Any of you scabbers have bow or crossbow? You've been nominated to fire back."

Hyozo
2007-12-21, 03:52 PM
Marcus

Marcus concentrates for a moment, speaking incomprehensibly over a thin strip of leather. He then returns it to his component pouch, and tells Phillippe "Stay outa sight. Ye'r a porpoise, not a shark." If he has enough time to do so, he'll load his crossbow. He will then follow Claw's orders, ready to swing across when it is time to do so.

((casting Mage Armor. If he loads his crossbow or not depends on if there is enough time to do so before combat begins.))

Darkantra
2007-12-21, 07:23 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk readies his composite longbow, a massive bow built to accomodate his great strength.

"I be a fair shot, give me tha word an' I start loosing."

Thunk Chunk readies his bow to attack once the ship closes to 330 ft, then he'll begin firing, taking the -4 penalty to attack. He'll keep firing, but ducking behind cover after each shot until it's time to swing across.

OOC: Edit to not do this.

PocketRocket
2007-12-21, 07:49 PM
Ulfgar
HP 36/36
AC 22 (Full Defense)
Ulfgar positions himself out front so that he will have a perfect view of the incoming ship, and they will have a perfect view of him as well. "Ar! Let these so called archers try to hit ol' Ulfgar. I promise ye not an arrow will touch me. Any one wantin to be gettin behind me can do so. I'll supply ye wi' a plenty supply o' arrows from the enemy.

Ulfgar readys himself in a stance that will allow him to catch incoming missles.

Feat: Snatch Arrows. Once per round, Ulfgar will catch 1 arrow that would normally hit him.
Ulfgar will be going into full defense
When the ship comes within shouting distance, Ulfgar will begin to yell out insults to attempt to goad the enemy into attacking him.

bchilders
2007-12-21, 08:03 PM
Karos
HP: 22/22
AC: 19

Karos will step behind and to the side of the dwarf taking him up on his offer. He will notch one arrow at ready and have another ready to go waiting to fire when either he gets an order to or the other boat starts firing.

Two attacks with rapid fire
Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]

Darkantra
2007-12-21, 08:39 PM
Thunk Chunk

"Hmm... lost me thought there."

HP: 48/48 AC: 18
[spoiler]Thunk Chunk will fire at the first caster or ranged fighter he sees as soon as the ships come within range of each other.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2][spoiler]

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-21, 09:09 PM
"I'm no good with a bow, but yeh'll be seeing my usefulness when we board," Tulek promises. "You'll handle the hurt, I hope, Tennin? Nerull's much for healing."

HP: 27/27
AC: 20 (Total Defense)
Spells Memorized:
0: Create Water x4
1: Cause Fear, Summon Undead 1 x2, Chill of the Grave
2: Desecrate, Invisibility

Hyozo
2007-12-21, 09:56 PM
Marcus

As soon as The Stingray is within 240 feet of the other ship, Marcus will fire at the first archer he sees.

[roll0]
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2007-12-22, 10:05 AM
The Stringray slowly closes the gap between the two ships. The speed difference only allows for about 2 ship lengths per minute of closure.

At about the 4-5 ship length distance, a group lead by the captain fires some flaming arrows at the sails of the ship. Several hit and start small fires. Their crew starts rushing around with buckets to put out the flames. The ship is flying the flag of 'County Estudoor', a yellow and black checkerboard with the profile a red griffon in the middle.

Shortly there after enemy archers and spell casters start firing from behind crates and other cover. For 30 seconds, a fierce barrage of arrows stream back and forth between the ships. Karos manages 10 hits(for a total of 89 damage), firing two arrows per round. Thunk Chunk manages 4 solid hits(for 27 damage) with his bow. Marcus and Dorian both manage to hit two of the opposition(dealing 17 and 13 damage respectively), while Tennin missed on every shot.

The enemy archers withdraw or are dead from this deadly attack. Their attack on The Stingray left one crewman dead(a short skinny fellow with one gold tooth). Karos dodges two of the incoming arrows but it hit by one(for 3 damage). Ulfgar nearly grabs one arrow, but it isn't quite close enough to hit him. Thunk Chunk has two arrows bounce off his armor. Tennin is nearly hit by an arrow and Dorian is hit by a stray arrow(for 7 damage).

Suddenly a handsome fellow appears on the other ship. Before he can even begin casting his spell, 3 magic missiles streak from the Captain across the sea and strike the fellow, disrupting the spell he was preparing. Karos and Thunk Chuck fire at him as well, Karos's arrow misses, striking the mast instead. Thunk Chuck's arrow strikes the fellow in the eye, causing him to instantly collapse to the ground(critical for 27 damage).

{{ Three rounds to drop your bows, draw your swords, cast spells, and grab the lines to swing over. }}

The Stingray begins to pull up along side the ship, which you can now see is named, "The Silver Spoon". The opposing crew are hiding and peaking out from doorways and hatches ready to repel the pirates once the ship is boarded.

{{ Let me know what you intend to do in the last moments before the boarding(cast mage armor, etc). Roll initiative and either a tumble(DC 15) or balance check(DC 15) to stick your landing, or you end up on your butt.

I'll post the battle map in bit, but you won't really get to choose where the rope dumps you. At this point we'll switch to round by round as opposed to the accelerated 6+ rounds above.}}

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-22, 12:49 PM
[roll0] Balance. Mace drawn in the last few rounds.

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-22, 12:49 PM
Tennin

"Aye-aye, sir!"

Tennin will continue firing as necessary (MW Light XBow), and if any crew fall into the drink he'll command aqua to gather them up and to afix them to our rigging.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-22, 12:57 PM
Landing safely on his feet, Tulek looks around himself and, his void becoming low and formal, bellows "In the name of the skeletal hand which drags men beneath the soil and sea in its claws, I declare its grasp upon this place, Nerull's desecrated altar at my very feet."

Casting Desecrate, for my first round on the ship.

bchilders
2007-12-22, 04:45 PM
With three more rounds Karos will continue to fire his bow, unless the captain seems to have a problem with him remaining on the ship and firing over into the fray he wil stay aboard the Stingray.

Initiative: [roll0]
Three rounds of attack...he will focus on anyone who has a ranged attack or a spellcaster. (On the last round if he is within 30ft of someone he gets +1 to attack and damage)
Round 1
Attack 1:[roll1] Damage:[roll2]
Attack 2:[roll3] Damage:[roll4]
Round 2
Attack 1:[roll5] Damage:[roll6]
Attack 2:[roll7] Damage:[roll8]
Round 3
Attack 1:[roll9] Damage:[roll10]
Attack 2:[roll11] Damage:[roll12]

bchilders
2007-12-22, 04:48 PM
Two critical confirmations
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Darkantra
2007-12-22, 05:45 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk roars with laughter as several arrows glance harmlessly off of his breastplate. A savage grin crosses his face as his arrow pierces the caster's eye.

"That'll teach 'im!"

As the ships begin to close on each other Thunk Chunk fires two more arrows into the victim ship's crew, then holsters his bow and draws his huge sword.

"Yar, alright ya dogs," he calls over at the other ship, "Yer blood belongs to me!"

Thunk Chunk fires two arrows at the strongest looking foes on the other ship then draws his weapon and swings over to the other side.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-22, 07:40 PM
Iniative, Indeed! [roll0]

PocketRocket
2007-12-22, 07:49 PM
Ulfgar begins to run towards the ropes to swing himself over to the other ship. "Ye be in fer a fight laddies. Watch out for the fists of Ulfgar!"

initiative: [roll0]
Balance: [roll1]
if Ulfgar loses balance he will tumble out of it: [roll2]

lawful_evil
2007-12-23, 12:03 PM
The Stingray

Everyone prepares themselves for the impending battle. Tulek casts a spell upon their deck(once its in range). Karos and Thunk Chuck both search in vain for a targets to fire at, but everyone is hiding below decks to avoid being killed.

In the last moments before the ships close the final gap, the Captain waves her hand and a group of deckhands, including Mr. Davies, flips a pair of planks(with nasty looking hooks on the end) across the gap between the ships. Almost immediately 4 of the officers rush across the gap.

At that moment Claw gives the word for everyone to swing across. Once everyone by Karos has gone he says, "What you waiting for lad? We can't cut down the sails and drop anchor from here." He stuffs a rope into Karos' hand and roughly shoves the elf over the side. Hang on and swing across or fall into the warm ocean. Its all up to Karos now.

Obviously not used to the whole swinging across thing, only Ulfgar and Tulek manage to stick the landing and everyone else ends up on the butt, but across the gap.

Almost as if they'd planned it, the merchant crew rushes above deck to repel the invaders. Captain Attripica swings across to the merchant ship, landing on their quarterdeck and pronounces, "This raiding party brought to you by Cap'n Trip." She stands in a wide stance with her hands on her hips, her long hair blowing in the breeze and a wide grin on her face.

Map :

(This now works.. I think)
Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/battle1.gif)

Marcus(M)
Grish(G)
Dorian(D)
Ulfgar(U)
Karos(K)
Thunk Chunk(C)
Tulek(T)
Tennin(N)
Your Captain(A)
Friendly Crew(F1, F2, ...)
Enemy Crew(E1, E2, ...)

Goal :

Obviously staying alive is important, but the captain's orders were to drop anchor and cut the sail lines. Dropping the anchor is standard action requiring a DC 15 strength check(up to 4 people can work together provided they are all adjacent to {N3}. Cutting the sails downs requires a slashing weapon attack dealing 4 damage(rope is AC 5). Their are 6 sail lines which need to be cut and are at locations : {J6}, {J10}, {J12}, {N6}, {N10}, {N12}

bchilders
2007-12-23, 12:15 PM
I can't see the map but I'll give you my checks to see if I swing across
Balance:[roll0]
Tumble:[roll1]

lawful_evil
2007-12-23, 12:23 PM
Faced with the choice of sink swing or swim, Karos chooses wisely and holds the rope as he swings across. His landing isn't perfect and he joins 5 of the 7 other recruits on their behinds.

{EDIT}

As the team gets its bearings and begin to pull themselves out of the pile of bodies that they find themselves in, three burly sailors pour up out of the hold to kill any pirates they can get their hands on. These guys have guts, going into battle in little more than normal clothing or maybe a leather vest. The first three(E1,E2,E3) all wield heavy wooden clubs made from a grey-black wood.

The team also sees four more of the opposition crew(E4, E5, E6, E7) rush out cabins under the quarterdeck. Two of them(E4 and E5), wear blue cloaks over chainmail and wield long swords and spiked bucklers. The starboard one(E7), wears studded leather and wields a greatsword. The last one out of the door(E6), a young woman with blonde hair and a gold tiara wears a long black cloak about her and has no visible weapon.

The four friendly raiders(F1, F2, F3, F4) which the captain sent into battle wear studded leather and fight with rapier. Everyone saw the captain cast 'Cats Grace' on Jusin(F1) and Errow(F2) in the couple rounds just before the boarding action began.

The first mate, "Claw" is upon the forecastle, ready to swing over, now that he got all of the recruits over to the ship.

PocketRocket
2007-12-24, 02:09 AM
Ulfgar
HP 36/36
AC 16

Ulfgar sees three crew members from the other ship pop out right in front of where he landed. "Wrong move laddies. Time to feel me fists!"

Ulfgar swings at the enemy in front of him with both of his fists.

Flurry of blows
attack 1:[roll0]
attack 2:[roll1]

damage 1:[roll2]
damage 1:[roll3]

Darkantra
2007-12-24, 02:20 AM
Thunk Chunk

Rage: 7 rounds left
HP: 56
AC: 16

Thunk Chunk grins at the foes nearest to him and spits on the planks next to his feet.

"I'll just be a moment boys!"

Fire springing up into his eyes, he runs over to the anchor heaves on the huge chunk of iron. He manages to heft the anchor above his head and, roaring, dunks it into the ocean. He turns to the now blurred forms around him and roars at the three closest.

"CHUUUNK!!!"

Move action through Tulek's space and over to M3, then a free action to Rage, and a standard action to try to push the anchor over the side.

[roll0]

I really hope one of these merchants tries to taunt Thunk Chunk, oh I really do :smallamused:

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-24, 11:25 AM
"In this altar of blackened boats, above the saltscarred corpses of the sea, I ask your servants to my side, Nerull, to serve your cause and send the souls of my foes to your skeletal maw," Green and black energy crackles from Tulek's eyes around his body, and a skeletal skum appears in front of the first enemy Tulek's eyes catch sight of, where it begins to attack immediately.

Skeletal Skum (Medium Skeleton) summoned on M4, where it attacks E1. The casting was a full-round action, so Tulek's done for right now. It attacks immidiately, as per Summon Monster. So, Full attack.
Skum:
HP: 2d12 (13 HP)
AC: 14 (2 Dex, 2 Natural) DR 5/Bludgeoning
Skum Bite: [roll0]
Two Claws: [roll1] and [roll2]
Damage if they hit: [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

bchilders
2007-12-24, 11:58 AM
Karos looks at the group around him and then looks towards the quarterdeck and sees the enemy group that his fellow raiders are up aganinst. By his judgement he figures they need more help down there then against the three sailors up here.

Move to J6 and fire at the enemy with the greatsword (E7)
Damage:[roll1](+2 if human)

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-24, 07:45 PM
Tennin

Actions:
Tennin stands up, drawing his morningstar, and orders Aqua to fly to the deck to use its breath weapon on the cluster of enemies (I'm assuming at least a standard action; if not, will begin casting Summon Monster 2: plz let me know).

HP: 24
AC: 16
all spells available

Aqua:

Actions:
Was behind the boat at G16, but will fly up to I12 @ deck level (should be 1 move, assuming 10' heighth from the sea), and blast w/ its acid cone (Ref DC 11, 1d6 acid, should hit E5, E6).
HP: 12
AC: 15
needs 9 round for next acid spray

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-24, 07:51 PM
Aqua:
(OOC: roller didn't roll damage)
[roll0]

Hyozo
2007-12-24, 09:44 PM
Marcus HP 18/18, AC 17

Marcus stands and looks at these foes. Not having time to cast a spell, he drops his crossbow (if he hasn't already done so) and draws his dagger, knowing it would be the more effective of the two against sails and ropes.

lawful_evil
2007-12-25, 03:48 PM
Round 1

Marcus rechecks his grip on his dagger and stands up, ready to get at those sails once the path is clear.

Grish stands up and uses an over head slash from one his scimitars at the nearby crewman. His slash is wide and the sailor easily steps aside.

Dorian stands and fires his heavy crossbow at one of the nearby sailors(E1). The sailors long unkempt hair flies forward into his face as the crossbow bolt strikes him in the gut. He collapses to the side, unwilling to continue the resistance and drops his club.

Thunk Chunk pulls himself to his feet and rushes over to the release mechanism for the anchor, but is unable to release the mechanism this round. {Needed a standard action to release it(which you used standing up). We can keep your roll for next round. }

Ulfgar, already on his feet, turns and viciously pummels the nearby sailor. His repeated blows from both hands reduce the sailor to a bloody pulp, splattering his blood on the nearby mast.

Karos stands up and moves aft just as Claw swings over to the place where Karos just was. He readies his bow as he moves but doesn't get a chance to shoot(because he used his standard action standing up)

Tulek, having make the swing and remain on his feet, prays and summons a skeletal warrior. The warrior, sensing the commands of its master, lunges forward and rakes the sailor at the top of the stairs. The sailor manages to avoid one of the attacks, but is hit by the second. His shirt is ripped open and bloody lines are seen upon his chest.

Tennin stands up grasping his morningstar and issues Aqua an order to attack. { Yes, commanding "undead" is a standard action. } Aqua moves up and peeks over the railing and then suddenly sprays the three nearest sailors with his acidic breathe. They all flinch from the sudden and unexpected spray, but none of them seem particularly injured by the attack.

The sailor(E2) facing the skeletal warrior steps to the side and swings his club at skeleton smashing its left forearm to bits. The blow doesn't fully disassemble it and it continues attempting to claw the sailor. Once that sailor is clear of the hatchway two more sailors hop up the stairs and engage the pirates in battle. The first(E8) hops to the side and attacks the skeleton. His club misses by inches. The second newcomer(E9) stops at the top of the steps and smashes Ulfgar with a club to the shoulder.

The armored foes(E4, E5) step across and attack a pair of pirates, their swinging their swords cut flesh from bone. The pirates are definitely injured but not out of the game yet.

The greatsword wielding maniac issues a howl and with a massive downward slash cuts one of the pirates in half(F3). Blood squirts and oozes from the two halves creating a massive (and very slippery)blood pool.

The cloaked and tiara wearing figure steps aside in an effort to stay out of the direct battle. She does cast a spell. Suddenly the whole battle goes silent(for all of the recruits anyway).

The three remaining pirates move around the battlefield to flank their foes, but to little use. One of the pirates manages to pierce the armor of their armored foes, but his pierce did very little damage to the burly figure. The captain moves up to the edge of the quarterdeck and with a flourish of her sword, a lightning bolt streaks out down across three of the foes(E5, E6, and E7) and into the deck of the ship with a flash and an eardrum shattering boom(of course no PC can hear it because of the silence spell). The point of impact of the lightning bolt catches fire(J9).

DM Rolls :

Players :
Grish : Scimitar (1d20+7=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1444508)
Dorian - Hvy Xbow (1d20+3=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1444512)
Dorian - Hvy Xbow (1d10=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1444514)
Skeleton Claws (1d20+1=16, 1d20+1=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1444527)
Skeleton Claw (1d4+1=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1444529)

Friendly :
Attacks (1d20+4=14, 1d20+6=17, 1d20+4=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1444548)

Tally :

Ulfgar takes 4 damage.
E1 = Down/Whimpering(4 damage)
E3 = Dead
F2 takes 8 damage.
F3 takes 6 damage.
F3 takes 19 more damage.
E4 takes 1(rapier)+2(sneak attack)=3 damage.
E5 takes 8 electrical damage.
E6 takes 16 electrical damage.
E7 takes 8 electrical damage.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/battle2.gif)

Darkantra
2007-12-25, 07:37 PM
Thunk Chunk

Heaving on the hunk of metal, Thunk Chunk manages to unhitch the release mechanism on the anchor tosses it over the side while letting out a massive scream of rage, unheard by anyone but himself. Even though the area is silenced a loud noise, like the rushing of the tide, fills his ears as he moves up to the fighter blocking the stairs.

7 rounds of raging left

Thunk Chunk uses his last rounds rolls and rages, then tosses the anchor over the side as a standard action, then moves to L5.

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-25, 10:43 PM
Tennin

Tennin is nervously trying to get out of the Silence effect.

Actions:
Moves to J8, asks F2 if he is injured, to see if he can speak, and then orders Aqua to attack my enemies.[Spoiler]
[Spoiler]Location: J8

Aqua

Aqua continues to fight the enemy in front of him.

Actions:
Flies to J12, attacks E10.
to hit: [roll0] (+1 if Bless works)
damage: [roll1]
HP: 12
AC: 15

edit: adjusted the standard action to make Aqua attack

bchilders
2007-12-26, 12:47 AM
Karos
AC 19

If he has a clear line of sight Karos will try to put down the greatsword weilding maniac. If not he will pick the best shot he has.

Damage:[roll1] +2 if human

Attack 2:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3] +2 if human

PocketRocket
2007-12-26, 01:09 AM
Ulfgar
HP: 32/36
AC 16

Ulgar looks at the sailor who replaced the one he beat to a pulp and smiles, "Ya think ya'd learn by 'is mistake not ta stand in me way."

Flurry of blows
attack 1:[roll0]
attack 2:[roll1]

damage 1:[roll2]
damage 1:[roll3]

Duke of URL
2007-12-26, 07:44 AM
Grish

HP 28/28
AC 18

"Aarg! Stand still so I can slice ya open!" He tries to attack the nearest sailor again.

Main hand:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Off hand:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Once a path is open, he heads for the nearest sail line to stat cutting.

lawful_evil
2007-12-27, 01:26 PM
Round 2

Seeing his opening, Marcus rushes aft and onto the plank. There slashes the rope with his dagger easily severing it. {1 out of 6 cut} Grish slices into the new sailor(E9), dropping him unconscious, a bloody pile of flesh to the decking.

Dorian reloads his crossbow and fires at one of the sailors(E8). His shot is wide and sitcks into the forward mast instead. Thunk Chunk releases the anchor which drops to the water. The rattle and vibration of the chain unwinding shakes the whole of the ship. Once that is done he moves up to engage the sailors.

Ulfgar moves up to the open hatchway and unleashes his fists of death upon the nearby sailor(E8). The sailor is unable to stand up this the assault and drops to the ground unconscious and bleeding. Karos fires a pair of shots at the human with the greatsword. The first strikes the man in the leg but the second simply deflects off the man's studded leather armor.

Tulek, realizing he is silenced moves up near his skeleton as it finishes off the last sailor on this end of the ship(E2). The skeleton moves aft to engage the more heavily armored resistors while Tulek begins whacking on the rope with his morningstar, but doesn't manage to sever it(2 out of 4 HP).

Tennin moves up to the edge of the fire started by the captain's lightning bolt and is greeted by the sounds of battle and the crackle of the flames. He adjusts his mental commands to Aqua and watches Aqua take a 5' "step" over the railing and attack one of the new opponents. The little mephit rakes and rips the man flesh from his bone dropping him on the spot.

The forward sailor(E1) continues to cry and has dropped to the ground tucking himself up into a ball in fear.

One of the chainmail clad enemies(E4) continues to fence with Errow(F2), but doesn't manage to land a blow. Meanwhile, the other chainmail clad foe strikes one of the friendly boarders(F4) with a powerful sword swing.

The tiara wearing cloaked figure casts another spell and a large dog with a golden coat appears next to Dorian and immediately attacks. The dog manages to bite the wizard, bloodying his left arm. The greatsword wielding human growls at Karos and his bow, then turns and slashes at Jusin(F1), missing by a wide margin.

Jusin(F1) takes advantage of the greatsword miss and quick jabs the large man with his rapier, piercing his side. Errow(F2) parries and dodges the blows from the chainmail clan man and then manages a piercing blow while the manage is distracted.

Terrence, the remaining friendly boarder(F4) jabs one of the chainmail clad brutes with his rapier, piercing flesh. The captain hops the railing from the quarterdeck and using the power of gravity does a massive downward slash on the tiara clad figure. However, the tiara clad figure stumbles at just the right moment and the captain misses, sinking her sword into the deck.

DM Rolls :

Marcus Attack Rope: 1D20 = [7] = 7 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3801)
Marcus Damage Rope: 1D4 = [4] = 4 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3802)

Dorian Attack E8: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3803)

Skeleton Attack E2: 1D20+4 = [12]+1 = 16 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3804)
Skeleton Attack E2: 1D20+4 = [7]+1 = 11 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3804)
Skeleton Damage E2: 1D4+4 = [1]+4 = 5 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3805)

Tulek Attack Rope: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3806)
Tulek Damage Rope: 1D8+1-5 = [6]+1-5 = 2 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3807)

Aqua(second attack) Attack E10: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3808)
Aqua(Second damage)Damage E10: 1D3+1 = [3]+1 = 4 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3809)

Damage Tally :

Round 1 :
Ulfgar takes 4 damage.
E3 = Dead
F2 takes 8 damage.
F3 takes 6 damage.
F3 takes 19 more damage.

Round 2:
E9 = Dead
E8 = Dead
E2 = Dead
E7 takes 8 more damage(total of 16)
E10 = Dead
F4 takes 7 damage.
Dorian takes 3 damage
E4 takes 9 more damage(total of 12)
E7 takes 5 more damage(total of 21)
E5 takes 6 more damage(total of 14)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/battle3.gif)

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-27, 03:33 PM
Tennin
Actions
Tennin converts Summon Monster 1 into a CLW spell, holding the charge, and shouts at F4: "Come back for healing if you can!"

Aqua
Actions
Attacks E5. attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

Duke of URL
2007-12-27, 03:59 PM
Grish

"Ha! Now... time to complete the mission for the cap'n." He races to an unattended sail line (N10) and attempts to cut it.

Move action 30' to N10.

Standard action [roll0] (only a natural 1 should miss against AC 5); No damage roll required, minimum damage is 5.

Darkantra
2007-12-28, 01:07 AM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk pushes past Ulfgar, pulling his sword behind him as his eyes lock on the cloaked fighter at the front of the pack of enemies. With a heaving swing he aims to chop the already injured man in half.

"You die now!"

Rage left for 6 rounds.
HP: 54, AC: 16

Move action to L9 and a standard action to attack the enemy there.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-12-28, 01:16 AM
The skeleton, in mindless undead bloodlust, attacks the nearest enemy (E4?) with its raking claws, while Tulek swings his morningstar at the rope, reminding himself in a most faithful, in profane, manner underneath his breath that he should have taken up the favoured weapon of his deity, the scythe, which is, all-in-all, better at cutting ropes.

Just to be sure, Desecration and, I think, Corpsecrafter are giving that skeleton bonuses, right?

PocketRocket
2007-12-28, 02:58 AM
After beating the first two pirates into a pulp, Ulfgar looks around for something else to hit. He turns and sees Dorian bleeding from his left arm and a vicious looking golden dog attacking him. Ulfgar runs past his comrades and kicks the dog square in the face.

Hyozo
2007-12-28, 03:57 PM
Marcus
HP: 18/18
AC: 17

"Ye're not the only one who can summon outsiders Princess. Beast of fury, Remove this pest." The later scentence is accompanied with arcane gestures, and at it's end, a small red-tinted viper appears in the pool of blood, immediately biting either the caster in the tiara (if she is E5 or E7) or E7.

Marcus casts Summon Monster I (fiendish small viper)
the viper attacks [roll0]
If the attack hits it deals either 0 or 1 (depending on DM ruling on if 1d2-2 does damage or not, since I can't seem to find the book's ruling on that) and the target needs to make a DC 10 Fort save or take [roll1] Con damage.

bchilders
2007-12-29, 12:35 PM
Karos
AC 19

Karos only grins at the weilder of the greatswords scowl and fires again.

Attack1:[roll0]

Attack2:[roll2]

bchilders
2007-12-29, 12:36 PM
Confirm Critical:[roll0]
Damage:[roll2] +2 if human

lawful_evil
2007-12-29, 03:53 PM
Round 3

Marcus summons his deadly little friend, dropping it at the feet of the cloaked woman(E6). She steps around the tiny foe and its attempt to bite her.

Grish rushes aft and starboard to sever the rope. Using his finely made scimitar, he is easily able to cut the rope in two.

Dorian, having no weapon beside a crossbow, steps back and fires at the golden dog. He quickly reloads and then fires. His shot strikes the dog, dropping it. In a sudden poof of white light, the dog disappears altogether.

In a rage of fury, Thunk Chunk lunges forward and hacks at the man in chainmail. His blow strikes and draws blood, but the man continues to fight.

Ulfgar, seeing the dog disappear, decides to use his pugilistic skills against the armored foes instead. He circles around and into a flanking position with the captain, Ulfgar pounds the maniacal fighter in the side.

Karos fires another pair of arrows in the massive bloody fiery melee. One manages to strike the man with the greatsword again. He howls in pain, staggered by the blow, but still standing(for now).

Tulek pounds on the rope some more with his morningstar, finally managing to break it. His skeleton claws at one of the chainmail clad fighters(E4). Its south paw claw hits, spreading blood along the man's side.

Tennin shouts his offer of healing to Terrence. He looks over at the intervening blood pool, combatants, and fire, and decides he isn't that desperate yet and hollers back, "Ar, hop 'cross the fire for me laddie." Aqua swings at the chainmail clad figure, but is unable to harm him.

The forward chainmail clad warrior(E4), slashes Errow(F2) across the chest. The blow knocks Errow down into a bloody heap. The other man in chainmail slashes at Terrance(F4), but fails to connect. The maniac with the greatsword slashes at Jusin(F1) and connects, leaving a long bloody slash across the man's chest.

After muttering a spell, the cloaked figure in the tiara suddenly throws her cloak back revealing a very sweet bod and barely covered. She wears knee high shiny black leather boots and long shapely legs that end with a small red square of cloth, emblazoned with lightning bolt symbol held up by thin red straps. Her chest and midriff are exposed save for a frilly red brassiere. [[Enthrall spell : Willpower save DC 16(-4 because everyone is hostile to her) = 12]]

Everyone, including the captain, pauses briefly to look at her display. Claw(having made his save) moves aft and slashes the rope near Karos with a easy swing.

Jusin(F1) stands entralled with the tiara clad figure. Terrence(F4), unimpressed with the woman, stabs the aft chainmail clad figure(E5).

The captain, also unimpressed(because she made her save), slashes at the woman, causing a bloody wound to appear on her arm.

DM Rolls :

Dorian - 1d20+3=16, 1d10=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1447648/)
Tulek - 1d20 2=11, 1d8-4=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1447676/)

Attack E4: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24, 1D4+4 = [2]+4 = 6, 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6, 1D4+4 = [4]+4 = 8 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3871)

Round 1 :
Ulfgar takes 4 damage.
E3 = Dead
F2 takes 8 damage.
F3 takes 6 damage.
F3 takes 19 more damage(at stable at -9 hp)

Round 2:
E9 = Dead
E8 = Dead
E2 = Dead
E10 = Dead
F4 takes 7 damage.
Dorian takes 3 damage

Round 3 :
Dog = Dead
E4 takes 9 more damage(total of 21)
E7 takes 8 more damage(total of 29)
E7 takes 11 more damage(total of 40)
E4 takes 6 more damage(total of 27)
F2 takes 10 more damage(total of 18) (At -2/16 HP)
F1 takes 11 damage.
E5 takes 5 more damage(total of 19)
E6 takes 6 more damage(total of 22)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/battle4.gif)

bchilders
2007-12-29, 04:23 PM
Karos
AC 19

Karos hoping to put his foe down for good shots two more arrows.

Attack2:[roll2]

Will save: [roll4] (I'm not with my books right now and I can't remember if elves get a bonus that helps with this)

edit: I guess it doesn't matter...save almost makes up for miserable attacks:smallsmile:

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-29, 05:09 PM
Tennin

Actions
Discharges the CLW on F2 in front of him [roll0]. Begins casting Summon Monster 2

Aqua

Actions
Attacks E5 [roll1] damage [roll2]

PocketRocket
2007-12-29, 06:29 PM
Ulfgar
HP 32
AC 16

Ulfgar laughs at the scantly clad woman trying to enthrall everyone. "Your skin wont save ye. Wait one sec and i'll be gettin to ye." Ulfgar hits the armored foe in front of him twice with his fists of steel (or I guess i should say stone)

Will save:[roll0](+4 more bc of monk and dwarf)
Attack 1:[roll1]

Attack 2:[roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4]

edit:wow! i guess it might take a while for me to get to the blonde with these rolls!

Hyozo
2007-12-29, 11:02 PM
Marcus

[roll0]

"A pretty little princess. Don't make me laugh. Yer good looks may have a tiny chance of making ye as alone more likely to survive, but I Wouldn't count on it."

[roll1]
[roll2]

"Stinking snake! Can't ye do anything right? Whatever maybe a spider will do better."Notes Marcus as a spider the size of a dog, showing the same red tint as the snake appears in J10.

Hyozo
2007-12-29, 11:20 PM
The spider attempts to bite E5.
[roll0] ((I forgot to add it's +4 to attack, but I doubt that matters.))
[roll1]
[roll2]

Darkantra
2007-12-29, 11:49 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk barely even notices the attractive woman, all he sees is the cut that he already made against the foe in front of him. Seeing the injured man stagger Thunk Chunk rips his sword through the air as hard as he possibly can.

"Thunk Chunk cut you in half! CHUUUNK!!"

Attacking the same foe again, then taking a 5-foot step towards the next one if Thunk Chunk kills him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Wow, Thunk Chunk is taking up all of the luck here.

Darkantra
2007-12-29, 11:53 PM
I forgot to do the Will save...
[roll0]

Awesome, the critical hit stands!

jameswilliamogle
2007-12-30, 01:12 PM
Tennin
Will Save
[roll0]

Aqua
Will Save
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2007-12-30, 06:53 PM
Round 4

Marcus summons more help, while his snake continues to snap at the heels of the 'princess'. His new pet, a large red spider, snaps at the chainmail clad fighter(E5), but the fighter easily steps aside and the spider's clumsy attack.

Grish easily casts aside the distraction of the fairy princess and her wonderful outfit and moves aft again, severing yet another of the sail lines.

Dorian moves aft a bit and takes cover behind the mast as he reloads his heavy crossbow. Thunk Chunk and his massive greatsword make a bloody mess out of one of the chainmail clad opponents(E4).

Ulfgar, swings at the maniac with the greatsword and studded leather(E7), but is unable to connect his fists of stone with the man's hide, no doubt distracted by the pair of arrows that Karos fired near the man.

Tulek moves slowly aft till he is clear of the silence zone while his skeleton moves up and claws at the greatsword wielding maniac. Tennin, heals the fallen Errow and begins his next spell while Aqua makes a futile attempt to injure the last chainmail clad fighter(E5).

The chainmail clad fighter swings his longsword and slashes Terrence across the chest sending him tumbling to the deck. The maniac with the greatsword slashes a wild and powerful blow and takes Jusin's head off, which tumbles to the floor rolling to a stop near Tulek's feet.

Seeing her plan fail, the woman wraps her self with the cloak again and casts yet another spell. This time, 3 golden dogs appear, surrounding Dorian. They immediately attack the poor wizard. One dog snaps onto his leg, ripping his cold weather outfit and making a bloody spot in the fabric. Another jumps up and nips at his face, but misses and the third bites him viciously in the groin.

Claw, still in the silence zone, doesn't notice the massive dog attack and moves up to burning deck, hops across, past Marcus back to The Stingray, and then back across the other plank to take up position where the fallen Terrence was and still manages to slash the final chainmail clad figure with his hook.

Errow, healed and conscious again, struggles to his feet and gather his dropped gear. The captain watches the woman conceal herself, pouts, and then stabs the chainmail clad figure with her rapier. Terrence, groans and rolls out of Claw's way, still barely hanging onto life.

DM Rolls :

Grish - Will: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3874)
Grish - Cut Rope: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3875)

Dorian - Will: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3876)

ThunkChunk - Dam: 2D6+7 = [2, 5]+7 = 14 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3877)

Tulek - Will: 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3878)

Skeleton - Att E7: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6, 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3880)

Tally :

Round 1 :
Ulfgar takes 4 damage.
E3 = Dead
F2 takes 8 damage.
F3 takes 6 damage.

Round 2:
E9 = Dead
E8 = Dead
E2 = Dead
E10 = Dead
F4 takes 7 damage.
Dorian takes 3 damage

Round 3 :
Dog = Dead
F1 takes 11 damage.

Round 4:
E4 takes 31 more damage(total of 58) - DEAD
F2 healed 7(at 5/16).
F5 takes 9 more damage(total of 16) (At 0/16 HP)
F1 takes 16 more damage(total of 25) - DEAD
Dorian take 8 more damage(total of 11) (At 10/21 HP)
E5 takes 3 more damage(total of 22)
E5 takes 3 more damage(total of 25)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/battle5.gif)

Goals : Only the line at J12 remains to be cut.

PocketRocket
2007-12-30, 07:49 PM
Ulfgar frustrated with missing both of his last two punches, steps forward and lets E7 have it.

Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

bchilders
2007-12-30, 10:50 PM
Karos
AC 19

Karos fires what he hope are his last shots at this enemy. (Or the next closest option if someone finishes him first)

Attack:[roll2]

Darkantra
2007-12-31, 02:28 AM
Thunk Chunk

The lights from the pretty woman's casting were starting to get annoying to Thunk Chunk. Growling, the hobgoblin moves around the flurrying Ulfgar and hefts his sword at the woman.

"Skinny girl annoy Thunk Chunk! Thunk Chunk show ya pretty lights!"

4 rounds left of raging, HP: 54 AC: 16

Thunk Chunk moves to M12 (I think) and takes a swing at the pretty light-making girl.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hyozo
2007-12-31, 07:15 PM
Marcus
AC: 17
HP: 18/18

"Sure, HER summoned creatures can actually sink their teeth into people. 'Ey Dorian, need those mutts put out?" Without waiting for a response, Marcus makes a gesture toward one of the dogs and mutters something incomprehensible.

Marcus casts sleep centered around one of the dogs

Snake attacks the "princess" one last time before the duration ends.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Spider attacks E5 again
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

lawful_evil
2008-01-01, 03:26 PM
Round 5

Marcus casts his sleep spell in the area of the dogs. All three dogs and the one cowering sailor all fall into a deep slumber. Meanwhile his snake and spider both fail to unleash their inner animal upon the remaining crew.

Grish moves in, his half-orc form towering over the woman as he slashes her with his pair of scimitar. One of them leaves a bloody line on her leg and causes her to drop to he knees before him.

Dorian panicked by the previous attack, steps back away from the dogs and fires his crossbow at one. The bolt strikes it in its sleeping chest and with a poof of golden light, the body disappears.

Thunk Chunk move around the remaining combat, takes a couple steps up the ladder to the quarterdeck and then jumps off and swings his greatsword down upon the kneeling priest with a mightly blow. He lands beside her(and Marcus' spider) with a great deck shaking thunk.

Ulfgar continues his dance with the greatsword wielding maniac, but is unable to connect a single blow as the freak weaves and dodges everything Ulfgar throws at him. Karos fires another pair of arrows at the same opponent(E7), and manages to finally take the barbarian down. The second arrow pierces the man's shoulder, dropping him to the deck, dead.

Tulek smiles at the severed head near his feet, but moves over to the hatchway to the lower decks and using his foot, holds it shut, while his skeleton attacks the final foe. The skeleton manages to claw open a large portion of the man neck, which is quickly obscured by the blood flow.

Tennin hangs back and watch Aqua do its thing. The small thing, slashs the remaining foe in the face causing 3 bloody stripes to appear.

Claw slashes with his mechanical attachment and rips the rest of the mans throat out(E5). The man collapses. Just then, a fat balding man in a wealthy man's outfit, rushes out of the cabin, past the captain and collapses hugging the tiara clad woman. He cries and sobs and sobs and sobs. Most everyone stands around a bit watching this poor sap cry over her spilled blood. Terrence crawls back across the plank to The Stingray. Claw, slashes the remaining line and the captain speaks.

"Sir, we have bested your crew. Surrender and you may live to sail again."

While everyone waits for his decision, Tulek and Karos notice the remaining dogs disappear.

The man eventually turns to look at the captain. His face is now covered in her blood. He says, "Conditional Surrender."

The captain raises an eyebrow and says, "What are your conditions?"

The man sputters, "Ye don't sink the ship, yeh, don't kill no more of the crew, and yeh don't touch her body." He refers to the tiara clad corpse.

The captain tussles her hair and turns to the raiding party. She looks around for agreement in the faces and then says, "Ar. If'n yeh feel that strongly 'bout it. Surrender accepted." Claw looks kind of disappointed at the captains decision, but doesn't say anything.

DM Rolls :

Grish - Att E6: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7, 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3893)
Grish - Dam E6: 1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3894)

Dorian - Att Dog: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3895)
Dorian - Dam Dog: 1D10 = [6] (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3896)

Skeleton - Att E5: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14, 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3897)
Skeleton - Dam E5: 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3898)

Aqua - Att E5: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15, 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3899)
Aqua - Att E5: 1D3+1 = [1]+1 = 2 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=3900)

Tally :

Round 1 :
Ulfgar takes 4 damage.
E3 = Dead
F2 takes 8 damage.
F3 takes 6 damage.

Round 2 :
E9 = Dead
E8 = Dead
E2 = Dead
E10 = Dead
F4 takes 7 damage.
Dorian takes 3 damage

Round 3 :
Dog = Dead
F1 takes 11 damage.

Round 4 :
E4 takes 31 more damage(total of 58) - DEAD
F2 healed 7(at 5/16).
F5 takes 9 more damage(total of 16) (At 0/16 HP)
F1 takes 16 more damage(total of 25) - DEAD
Dorian take 8 more damage(total of 11) (At 10/21 HP)
E5 takes 3 more damage(total of 22)
E5 takes 3 more damage(total of 25)

Round 5 :
E6 takes 7 more damage(total of 29)
Dog = dead.
E6 takes 14 more damage(total of 43) (At -14/29 HP) - DEAD
E7 take 13 more damage(total of 53) (At -10/43 HP) - DEAD
E5 takes 7 more damage(total of 32)
E5 takes 2 more damage(total of 34)
E5 takes 7 more damage(total of 41)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/battle6.gif)

jameswilliamogle
2008-01-01, 05:09 PM
Tennin

"Ar, a good fight it was. Time now fer 'ole Tennin to shine..."

Tennin commands Aqua to return to the aft of our ship and stop attacking, shouts for any of our crew that are injured to come up to me for healing, and converts his Bless spell to a Cure Light Wounds.

lawful_evil
2008-01-01, 05:47 PM
Tennin looks around for the injuried and has no trouble spotting them. One of the friendly raiders lay near Tennin's feet, unconscious but stable. Errow comes to you at your offer as does Terrance, who is barely able to get to you.

{{
Unconscious Pirate at -9/16
Errow at 5/16
Terrance at 0/16

Ulfgar and Dorian are injured too, but I'll let them speak up for themselves.

}}

Claw looks around for those who didn't help too much and then orders Dorian, "Ar, Dwarf, get over here 'n put out thar fire 'fore it spreads."

Darkantra
2008-01-01, 07:05 PM
Thunk Chunk

The rushing noise began to fade and the blood rage receded. Thunk Chunk stabs his sword into the deck and leans heavily on it. After a few heavy breaths he begins the process of wiping the gallons of blood off of his sword. Through his rage he missed the comment about the fire and looks to Claw for an order.

"What now then?" He looks around at the wounded "Anyone need puttin' down?" He grins wickedly.

Hyozo
2008-01-01, 07:06 PM
Marcus

Marcus looks around the ships, hoping to find a bucket to help with the fire. Through their empathic link, Marcus informs Phillippe that the battle is over, and doon the bird has flown up from below deck.

PocketRocket
2008-01-01, 07:55 PM
"Thanks fer the offer laddie, but it be just a flesh wound fer me. Nothin a good nights sleep can't fix." Ulfgar hops up and down, trying to keep his blood pumping. Aggravated at how he couldn't hit his last foe, he begins to shadow box, working on his technique. Shoulda had some ale in me. Wouldn't have missed then.

bchilders
2008-01-02, 09:04 AM
Karos

Karos moves around the ship trying to recover any arrows that he can. After that he looks toward Claw to see if anything needs to be done.

Search for re-usable arrows: [roll0]
Spot for same:[roll1]

jameswilliamogle
2008-01-02, 04:41 PM
Tennin

Cure Light Wounds [roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-01-02, 05:20 PM
The captain sheaths her sword and offers her hand to the grieving man. She then says, "Ar, yeh will bring your crew out and up to the quarterdeck one at a time. Don't give us no trouble or we'll burn ya to the water."

She struts over to Dorian and his futile attempts to put out the fire and says, "Laddie, get yer sorry arse moving or by Davy Jones, you'll go down with the ship."

She then yells to Claw, "Get a couple-a them recruits to guard the crew, while I take a team down to root through the cargo."

With that Claw rallies anyone with a ranged weapon to watch as the crew slowly filters up and onto the quarterdeck. Once about a dozen of the crew are up on the deck, the captain heads down below deck with Errow and Grenestilantiel.

bchilders
2008-01-02, 11:47 PM
Karos

Karos sits watching the crew intently with bow at ready, a small part of him hoping to get to see how accurate he could be at putting an arrow directly between someones eyes.

Darkantra
2008-01-02, 11:56 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk obliges the Captain with a sharpish salute. As the ship's crew begins coming out onto the deck he pulls out his bow and tests the line, grunting in pleasure at the strong pull. He sets his beady eyes on the crew, ready to feather one of them if they start anything.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-03, 11:09 PM
"The. . . other bodies?" Tulek asks his captain with the same grin that split his face when the severed head rolled to his feet. "Nerull's blessing was well upon us, this day. Many foes, few friends, fell into his host. The skeleton he sent slew several of their soldiers. Please, permit me pay my patron for his protection," he asked. In this more formal speech, many of those listening to Tulek heard for the first time the alliterative speech pattern taught to clerics of Nerull. For, in battle, few had time to listen to the exact wording of his prayers. Hearing the order to put out the fire, for the second time, he says "Mayhap later, then, after I help me crewman." Slipping back into the roguish accent he normally used, his clerical idiom disappeared. "The scarlet eyes that see beyond the veil of death, flow forth the freshest sea of skies, rain water down as death departs your heart, snuff like a soul the feeble flames, forever," he intoned, the accent returning, as he cast Create Water as many times as needed to put out the fire.

Duke of URL
2008-01-04, 08:37 AM
Grish

The half-orc finds a place to relax, not too near or far from the prisoners. He smiles as he cleans the blood off his scimitars, reveling in the success he had on the raid, and (probably foolishly) anticipating a sizable reward from the captain.

lawful_evil
2008-01-04, 11:36 AM
The captain and her men lead a few more stragglers out from the lower decks. She then address Tulek and his bizarre request. At first she is disgusted, thinking the man is going to do something sexual, then she gets the point from the skeleton comment and says, "You recruit... and you dwarf." She is speaking toward Tulek and Dorian. "Haul the bodies over to our Forecastle. Take anything of value below deck." She turns and glares at the man and says, "You may do what you wish then. If it displeases me I will toss them and you overboard."

While Tulek and Dorian get to work hauling the two fallen fighters, the fallen barbarian, the 5 fallen sailors, and finally the 3 fallen archers(from early in the battle), she and her men continue to haul crates and chest out of the merchant ship and over to The Stingray.

The captain pauses after 20 minutes or so and goes back over to Tulek and points to Jusin, saying, "Take his gear, but you may not have his corpse. That we will give to Davey Jones."

The captain gets back to her task.

{{ It takes them nearly 2 hours to get the loot. Anyone who needs to do/say anything in that time.. go for it, otherwise, I'll just roll forward. }}

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-05, 12:45 AM
Tulek nods, assuming the body of his crewman wasn't for his use. He didn't agree with that sort of sentimentality (he'd actually consider it an honour to have his corpse offered to Nerull), but accepted anyway. With the corpses he was permitted to use, Tulek performs his rites as well as a cleric who did not yer have the power to revive them as undead on his own could. He carefully lifts his morningstar and puts a spike above where the heart once beat, then leanswith all his weight, pushing the spike through the heart of each corpse, one by one. Though the hearts no longer beat, the dead were fresh enough that blood did emergy, and the unholy symbol of his undead god Nerull wore around his neck soaks in the blood as it dangles when he leans, the wood stained a deep red. Figuring he would have more bodies to animate by the time he learned the sacred prayers to do so, and these would rot, Tulek rolls the bodies, then, overboard. Unlike his alliterative prayers, the act was completed in complete silence, reverently and with no malice towards the bodies most would simply think mutilated. Dismissing his skeleton after it helped with any manual labour it could manage, he waits out the rest of the time making the acquaintances he could among the crew.

I don't remember if I bought a wood or silver holy symbol at creation, but I'm switching to wood, now, for this fluff. If I paid for a silver, I'll just say the rest was a donation to the church and leave my money the same.

lawful_evil
2008-01-06, 07:02 PM
The loot was loaded, well really just dumped on the upper deck of The Stingray. Once the captain had everything she wanted, she had the other crew shut inside their quarterdeck. She ordered the archers to cover their ship and fire at anyone who came above deck. Once the sails were unfurled and The Stingray was underway, everyone relaxed bit. Most of the crew stowed their weapons and got to the business of looking at the loot.

The foodstuffs, wine, and other spirits were sequestered below decks where the ship's cook could make use of them without the crew stealing. Make use of them he would, for tonight would be a grand feast to celebrate the haul.

The crew was allowed to paw through the rest of the loot, for a share of it was theirs. Claw kept a watchful eye on the crew, to make sure they were not stuffing their pockets, up until dinner was to be served. The vast bulk of the loot was in 'goods'. Why didn't these ships just haul gold back and forth to make it easy on the pirates? Sure, 300 pounds of fishing nets had value.. but..

Dinner was on. Everyone was there in their everyday pirating cloths, for this wasn't a formal affair. This was an occasion for "Ar! Pass the Rum!". The Captain opened a keg of the finest spirits on the other ship. She had the cook pour a large flagon for the whole crew(including one for the fallen Jusin). She began her toast with a large swig from her own flagon, as did Dorian, unable to wait for everyone else. She then began her speech before anyone could join her opening drink. "Meh Crew. The Stingray be the finest..." At this, she collapsed to the deck, dead. As did Dorian.

The Loot :

300 pounds of clerical vestiments.
Keg of Acid(50#).
50# of cloves
400# of tobacco
500# of gold ore
Keg of extremely expensive whiskey(poisoned)
50# of salt
Chainmail Armor
Chainmail Armor
Longsword
Longsword
Spiker Buckler
Spiker Buckler
Gold - 387gp
Silver - 257sp
Copper - 2042cp
Platinum - 1pp
Studded Leather(magical)
Greatsword(magical)
Boots(magical)
Club (x10)
Padded Armor(x10)
Shortbow(x4)
Arrows(x68)
Masterwork Arrows(x12)
Potion(magical) labeled "Cure Light Wounds"
Potion(magical) labeled "Alter Self"
Potion(magical) labeled "Bear's Endurance"
Potion(magical) labeled "Eagle's Spendor"
Potion(magical) unlabeled
Bolt of blue cloth
Bolt of white cloth
Bolt of green cloth
Bolt of green cloth
Bolt of green cloth
Bolt of white linen
Bolt of white linen
Bolt of white linen
Bolt of yellow silk

Darkantra
2008-01-06, 08:50 PM
Thunk Chunk

Watching the ship fade into the distance Thunk Chunk began laughing and slapping the other reavers on their backs.

"'Taint a bad day when ya get a haul like this, eh?"

As the loot was spread out on the deck Thunk Chunk immediately grabbed one of the clubs and a quiver of regular arrows, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a backup weapon and more ammo. As soon as he hitched the wooden club to his belt the massive sword caught Thunk Chunk's eye. Pushing aside one of the treasure spreaders Thunk Chunk pulled the sword up and gave a low whistle of appreciation. It was as well balanced as his own but looked to have a sharper edge. Turning to the rest of the crew he hefted it above his head.

"I be takin' tha sword as part o' me cut, anyone gotta problem with that?"

Thunk Chunk also eyes the potion labelled Bear's Endurance, willing to parlay with anyone else who wants it.

When dinner was out Thunk Chunk sat next to the other new recruits, sharing tales from the battle and their pasts.

"Aye we had a really annoying wizard on a ship I sailed with a year back. The bloody limp-wristed thing kept tellin' everyone that his bloody ferret was smarter than tha rest o' us! So one night the cook an' me took some berries that he was saving and put a trail from the wizard's room down tha hall to the kitchen. Stupid ferret followed the whole trail, an' was nice an' fat when we jumped it an' tossed it in the pot o' stew. The best part was when the wizard woke up the next day complainin' o' a headache, an' the cook fed him some o' the ferret stew!" Thunk Chunk collapses with laughter, "Ya shoulda' seen his face when we told him what was in it!"

Thunk Chunk stopped his tales as the Captain raised her mug for the toast. Eagerly awaiting the chance to down some grog Thunk Chunk was already tipping his flagon when the Captain and Dorian tumbled to the ground in lifeless heaps. Only the turning of his head towards the two kept the whiskey from going down his gullet, instead it splashed all over his front.

"What in the bloody blue hells?" Thunk Chunk stands and puts his free hand on the handle of his sword, looking around for attackers before he realizes that there aren't any. Throwing the rest of his tankard away in disgust he whispers to the other new recruits, "Be ready boys, a dead Captain means things could get messy pretty soon."

bchilders
2008-01-06, 09:10 PM
Karos

Karos eyed the loot and made his way through it fairly quickly. He found a dozen arrows that were obviously well made so he swiped them allong with a quivers worth of ordinary ones to replace those lost in the raid. His eyes also got on a very well made pair of boots. His father had always said you could tell alot about a man by the boots he wore, so he swiped those up as well.

At dinner Karos sat with the rest of the new recruits enjoying the food and fun after their first successful raid on the Stingray. He started thinking to himself this could be a ship to spend some time on. It was just about this time that the Captain lifted her cup for a toast and fell lifeless before their eyes.

Karos drew his scimitar when he saw Thunk Chunk respond with weapon drawn and looked around to see if there was any threat around. After Thunk Chunks comment, Karos grim-faced held on to his weapon to see how events would turn out.

PocketRocket
2008-01-07, 12:30 AM
Ulfgar

Ulfgar looks suspiciously through the loot but finds nothing of interest. A hard life it is when you care little for possessions. The boots that Karos found, did look of interest. I may have to talk him into a wrestlin match for those later on.... Ulfgar decides to take his own dwarven ale with him to the feast and starts drinking heavily, as usual. He enjoys listening to Thunk Chunk's story and hopes inside that the two of them could play some practical jokes on the rest of the crew someday. After going through several pints of his own ale, the captain raises up her cup and falls dead. Ulfgar pops up with the grace of a cat and gets into a drunken pose, ready to attack any enemies. Ulfgar looks to Thunk Chunk and responds, "Ay! This gonna be very interesting, boys."

lawful_evil
2008-01-07, 06:30 AM
When Thunk Chunk tries to claim the sword, not to mention the club and arrows, Claw steps in and says, "Ar, the captain says, the loot'll be divided after dinner. Now be the time to be figurin' out what ye be want'n." Claw motions back to the pile and says, "Now then laddie. Drop it before the captain decides you don't get a share of the loot this time."

Claw looks around at the group and says, "That goes for the rest of yeh too. I've got meh eye on yeh."

Claw remains on his post watching the loot until everyone goes down for dinner.

{{ Without resorting to violence, no one will get to claim anything until after dinner. }}

Duke of URL
2008-01-07, 09:10 AM
Grish

The half-orc peers over the loot. "Hmm..." he says as he examines the more personal items. "I reckon I could stand to have a bow so I don't always just wait to get in close. Never hurts to have a potion or two handy, neither. I wonder what these boots are for... they look different..."

Later, at dinner, Grish is enjoying himself well. A fine fight, a fine feast... this was the life he had in mind! He had just started reaching for the crew's flagon when the captain started to speak... and then suddenly stopped. "Cap'n?" he called.

Darkantra
2008-01-07, 03:09 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk glares at the challenge but shrugs and begins unbuckling his chosen items.

"Aye fair enough, elfy. Every ship does it differently an' on the last one we'd have to fight for what we wanted," He tosses the sword, arrows and club back in the pile, "But I still be wantin' that sword."

bchilders
2008-01-07, 03:35 PM
Karos upon hearing how the loot will be split up voices his desire for some arrows and the boots...and what pirate couldn't use a cure light wounds potion.

After he sees the captains death though he makes a note to himself to have anything he gets from the loot checked for poison first.

Hyozo
2008-01-07, 03:38 PM
Marcus

Marcus also looks at the boots, and has a particular attraction to the potion marked "Eagle's Splendor", recognising the spell's name. However hearing Claw's announcement, he accepts the fact that the loot will not be divided until later, and procedes to dinner.

"Damn right Chunk. Philippe 'ere cost me quite a bit more than me belt did, and I've never once thought the flyin' porpoise was the better buy. Ain't a spellcaster 'live who thinks-" he laughs after Chunk describes his adventure, occasionally hitting at the bird in question, and cutting himself off just before the captain begins to speak. seeing the "speach", Marcus stays silent and does not attempt to ready a weapon. The death of a captain was not something one should draw attention to onesself immediately after.

lawful_evil
2008-01-07, 07:15 PM
When the captain falls, Claw rushes to her side. Upon seeing the weapon display, he is sure that the newcomers plan to take over the ship. He draws his own weapon and a moment later, most of the loyal crew join him in opposition to the Hobgoblin and his mutinous brethren.

"Ar, Thunk Chuck? What be the meaning of this? You killed the captain?" The crew all shuffles a bit to isolate Thunk Chunk, Karos, and Ulfgar.

Darkantra
2008-01-07, 08:29 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk groans and sheathes his weapon.

"Are ya stupid? I thought the captain was attacked by somethin', maybe a mage from the way she went down. Besides," he looks at Dorian's corpse and snorts, "Why in the hells would I kill 'im too if I were tryin' to take the ship? I barely know this bunch and I be no leader."

Making no move for his weapon he takes a step towards the Claw.

"Now, I suggest ya stop insultin' me honor, I signed that sheet o' crud with good faith to be a reaver 'cause I don't like nothin' else. Even if I did want to take the ship, I'd be doin' it with this," he points at his sword and glowers, "Not whatever the hells that was. So why don't ya settle down an' we can figure out what happened."

Thunk Chunk stares down at the Claw, waiting for his response.

bchilders
2008-01-07, 10:30 PM
"If there was danger to be had I was going into it with my blade drawn...I want to know what happened just as much as the rest," Karos sheaths his weapon but stays on guard. He has seen one too many crew become unruly with their captain still alive to not keep his wits about him.

PocketRocket
2008-01-08, 12:48 AM
"Ar! The spirits be gettin to me. I just got a little jumpy is all. No harm. So what be happenin here?" Ulfgar puts down his fists and walks back to his pint of dwarven ale and takes a big swig. (Again my own personal stash that i've been drinking all night)

lawful_evil
2008-01-08, 06:51 AM
Claw glares at the three and after a moment decides they do not seem to be mutineers. His face smooths out and he says, "Ar, This whiskey be poisoned. You there...orc... take these mugs up and wash them out with seawater." He is obviously addressing Grish.

He rights the captains chair, leaving her on the deck and says, "Ar. I be captain now. 'Tails' be my first mate." A dark skinned man steps forward from the shadows, a man of unusual features. Based on his appearance and attitude perhaps a tiefling or maybe half demon or something similar. The man seemed to cherish suffering and smiled whenever someone was assigned a hard task. He had seemed afraid of the previous captain or something for he always stepped back and didn't assert himself when she was around.

Several of the crew members are tense as they are unsure if someone intends to step up and assert that they should be captain instead. After a few tense moments, everyone calms down, though they don't seem nearly as happy as they did before the feast started.

The new first mate gets a wicked grin and glances around at each recruit, knowing that he was in charge of them. Tails says, with quite a strange accent, "Tulek, take this dead dwarf to the upper deck. Add his gear to the loot. Be sure to empty his locker too. You may do what you wish with the corpse." With a gleam in his eye he smiles slightly at Tulek.

Leaving the corpse of the captain on the deck beside him, Claw says, "Ar, Cookie, make with the feast.. and bring us some wine. I'm sure our hobgoblin friend will be happy to try it for us to make sure its not poisoned. Won't you Thunk Chunk?"

Soon enough the cook and his slight helper arrive and start distributing plates of lamb, potato, and greens.

bchilders
2008-01-08, 08:53 PM
Karos stays tense for a while until things calm down a bit. He is uncomfortable with the captains body staying where it is but too long in the pirating profession gets you used to dead bodies.

At the new captains request for the large hobgoblin to test the new wine Karos flinches waiting to see the unpredictable warrior's response.

Duke of URL
2008-01-09, 09:31 AM
Grish

"Yes... uh... cap'n." Grish grabs the mugs and heads up to the deck. The bastard probably poisoned the cap'n himself. No matter... as long as there's fighting to be done and booty to be split, one boss is as good as another, though this one is less pleasing on the eyes.

Of course, from now on, don't be the first to eat or drink anything.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-09, 08:57 PM
Tulek didn't take part in the claiming of gear. He would wait and bide his time, picking whatever seemed valuable for sale from among the loot when he got his chance. His most useful powers were those granted by his god, not by arms or vestements or the tanned hide of creatures that obvious did not have the power of his master. The magic armour struck his interest a little, but he couldn't tell if it surpassed the strength of his own leather protection. Perhaps it would prove useful.

When dinner arrives, Tulek waits to drink, though his glass is usually among the first lifted, especially onso fine a day for Nerull. Well, all days were fine to Nerull in a chaotic world, but he had witnessed and aided in this day's glorious ruination, and that was cause to celebrate. Hardly out of respect, he felt it would simply be unwise to drink so early. Perhaps he was new enough to not know whether the captain would punish him, or perhaps, the conclusion he elected, his god warned him subconsciously of his poison to keep him from his halls a while longer. There was no evidence of any reason, and, as men of faith are often want to do, he placed his god as that reason, rightly or wrongly.

"Mate," Tulek says with a bow of his head. The order pleased him, though he did his best not to show it. The death of a victor in her moment of triumph was the sweet wine on his god's lips, but his peculiar sort of devotions might be seen as evidence for the mutiny his ilk had just been accused of. Stripping the dwarf uncerimoniously right next to the pile of loot, to save time, he carries the body and anything on it that didn't have value to the deck, where he leaves it to perform his ritual one final time for the night after emptying the locker. Sliding down the stairs with a bounce in his step one would never predict to come from a necromancer, he moves to Dorian's quarters to see if the locker is, as its name would indicate, locked.

Hyozo
2008-01-09, 11:26 PM
Marcus

Somewhat surprised and rather frightened by Claw's climb to power, Marcus tries to control himself until he is at least out of earshot of the new captain and first mate. However, eventually he asks somebody "Prob'bly just cuz I'm new to the ship, but I never seen "Tails" before. Why exactly did he get chosen as first mate?"

Darkantra
2008-01-10, 03:33 AM
Thunk Chunk

"Aye?" Thunk Chunk turns away from Claw and faces the crew, "Well boys, looks like her highness over there wants me to be the royal food taster. After what happened to those two he don't give two sh*ts if there's anythin' else poisoned an' be too afraid to find out himself. I may be new here but I know a streak o' piss when I be seein' one, and this elf pansy ain't a captain."

Thunk Chunk turns back to the Claw and his new first mate. Inhaling deeply he spits a gob of disgusting material towards them.

"How'd ya know the whisky be poisoned, huh? By lookin' at it? I say that it be ya an that devilspawn behind ya that killed the captain, an' could've killed a lot more o' us with that grog. I don't be carin' who else steps up to take the Stingray, I just ain't servin' a poisonin' bastard with no honor."

jameswilliamogle
2008-01-10, 08:09 AM
Tennin

"Poison or not, thar be somethin' mighty fishy in the sea..." He wearily backs away from the two, not sure who to support. He wishes he had magics to determine who added the poison... Maybe he'll have to develop that later...

PocketRocket
2008-01-10, 01:12 PM
Ulfgar
hp 36
AC 16

Ulfgar finishes off his mug of dwarven ale and slams it down on the table. He moves his neck and all of the bones in his spine seem to pop in unison. He starts to hop up and down, getting the blood flowing and begins to lazily punch towards the ground. He moves back towards Thunk Chunk. "Ye ready Chunk?" he says with a silly grin on his face. "Well, at least this'll be fun." He leans in and whispers to the hobgoblin."If ye can grab your new big sword from the pile." He then looks at Claw and begins to chuckle.

bchilders
2008-01-10, 03:16 PM
Karos

Karos tentatively steps forward with his hand on his bow. While he doesn't fully trust this new leadership that was thrust upon him he also doesn't want to be left as one of only a handful of survivors of this impending clash. Karos starts by looking at his own group of fresh recruits, "I understand things were fishy about the way the captain died, but it wouldn't be the first time someone was poisoned at sea. Probably some of ya'll have been part of mutinies in the past. And what would we do afterwards but fight again about who would be the new captain" After this Karos turns to speak to Claw's crew, "I don't care if you killed the captain or not, but you have to see that this fight would not benefit this new ship you have acquired. Even if you were to survive it, which I would highly doubt after seeing how our lot fared in the excursion earlier, you wouldn't have a crew left on your ship. And not one of us," looking around at his fellow recruits, "will stand for being ordered into tasting your food or anything else or you will have a fight on your hands and I make this promise, however that fight would end I will spend the entirity of it cutting up your carcass with as my blade" Karos draws his scimitar and shield to emphasize his point and waits to see how his message will be taken.

lawful_evil
2008-01-10, 08:18 PM
Claw is happy to see Tulek fall in line and accept the new captain and first mate. Him smile and that of the first mate turn to scowls of displeasure when Thunk Chunk starts mouthing off. After Karos' speech, Claw steps to the captain, puts his boot upon her back and says, "Ar, poisoned she was, but not by me. The whole crew saw me watching over the loot, helping make sure y'all get your fair share." Twisting his Claw to point over to the galley and the cook, Claw says "Thar galley's been locked up, weren't no one but Cookie allowed access."

Claw hooks a flagon of poisoned whiskey and dumps it on the back of the captain's head. He looks to Karos saying, "She be dead. Thats how it be. I be as concerned 'bout the crew as yeh be. I suggest you help me with these two mutineers." He is referring to Ulfgar and Thunk Chunk. "Aiy, in fact, the one to kill them can have their share'a the loot. Ar, thats how it be."

{{ The group is not arranged such that all of the 'good guys' are on one side and the 'bad guys' on the other. Everyone is mixed together and the space is quite small for all 20 of yeh. Not to mention the low ceiling. }}

Leroy whispers back to Marcus, "Ar, Tails there, be Claws old shipmate from way back. The captain never trusted Tails and wouldn't ever leave him in command or let him into combat, 'cept when it was suicidal. I think he only stays on cause he gets to be the whip master."

Hyozo
2008-01-10, 09:58 PM
Marcus

Marcus looked from Thunk Chunk and Ulfgar to Claw and Tails, unsure of which side, if either, to help. He didn't exactly like Claw and Tails, but he probably wouldn't have much trouble getting the boots he wanted with an extra share or two of loot. So Tails be cruel, untrustworthy, and didn't like the cap'n? he thinks, Dono what he can do, but he mighta been- Marcus's thought was interrupted as Philippe, who had gotten the conclusion through their empathic link. "Tails be the poisoner!" shouts the bird as Marcus cusses and repeats his mage armor spell. Like it or not, he was pretty much stuck on Thunk Chunk's side after that remark, damn sky porpoise.

Duke of URL
2008-01-11, 09:43 AM
Grish

[roll0]

After rinsing the flagons, Grish re-enters the room, completely unaware of the goings on.

lawful_evil
2008-01-11, 06:46 PM
When Marcus' bird chimes in Claw says, "Aiy, I wouldn't put it past ole Tails to finally give that hag what was coming to her. I think he would have mentioned to me if he'd planned our accession for tonight though." Claw turns to Tails and says, "Ar, mate, did yeh do it?"

Tails smiles and says, "I wish. Sadly, this was just bad luck on her part. Killin' be a perfectly acceptable way to seize a ship."

Claw turns to Marcus and says, "Ar, there, yeh see, he didn't do it." After a pause he says, "All the same, the woman wronged him and so I give her body to him. Her gear I donate to the ship to add to the loot, which should increase everyone's share a fair bit, for if I know the captain, she had a locker of gold in her room."

Most everyone cheers and Willis goes to take a swig of whiskey. Lucky for him Terrance's quick reaction saves him, when he knocks the flagon out of the daft man's grasp. Willis just looks at him and pouts. Terrance simply shakes his head in disgust.

Location Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Mutany1.gif)

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-13, 12:28 AM
Tulek hears raised voices, and thinks little of it, but then considers; depending on whether they're raised in anger or revelry, or even what that revelry is about, it might not be wise to interrupt the new captain when he was giving orders or making a toast. He hangs back to see if he can isolate any of the voices, or what they say. If not, he hopes for the best and starts down the stairs.

Listen:[roll0]
Initiative if needed: [roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-01-14, 08:23 AM
When Tulek enters again, Tails smiles at him and says, "Have any trouble with his locker? You need the key?" Claw tosses Tails the a keyring. Tails flips through and then detaches a single key and tosses it to Tulek.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-14, 09:20 PM
Tulek catches it, more through luck and Tails' skill at throwing than his own abilities. "Aye," Tulek says, then turns on his heel to go, seeing the rather awkward atmosphere of the room around him, with "awkward atmosphere" being a polite euphemism for "some of the people here are pointing weapons at one another". Those who believe themselves under the blessings of a god, and those who do not fear death, are often known to make unwise decisions for lack of rational men's fears. Tulek was both a man who believed himself blessed, and a man who did not fear death. The rational impulse to leave, for fear of the fight about to erupt, was thus summarily ignored. "Everything alright, Cap'n?" he asks, one hand on the ladder and one eye combing the room as he stashes the key in a pocket.

lawful_evil
2008-01-15, 07:06 AM
Claw smiles at Tulek and says, "Ar, except for a little mutany, everything be fine." Claw remains steady and patient as he waits for Ulfgar and Thunk Chunk to seal their fate. Then he says, "If only these cowards would hurry their insurrection, we could get back to our feast."

At this point, Leroy, Puzzle, and Tails all laugh and call out, "Here here."

PocketRocket
2008-01-15, 08:03 AM
Ulfgar
HP 36/36
AC 16

"Ye want it then boys? Ar, then here be comin me fists." With this, Ulfgar makes a quickcut to the back right and goes straight for Tails. He swings a backhand at Tails with his right hand and finishes it with a straight punch with his left.

Initiative [roll0]
Attack 1:[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]

Damage 1:[roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4]

PocketRocket
2008-01-15, 08:07 AM
Critical chance: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

bchilders
2008-01-15, 09:11 AM
Karos
HP 22/22
Ac 19 (22 for fighting defensively)

Karos will move to engage Claw looking over at his companions to say, "Put the cleric down....I don't want this bastard healed." Karos attacks claw tentatively this first round to see what he can do.

Karos will move to C8 and tumble to avoid an attack of opportunity
Tumble:[roll0]

Fighting defensively
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

bchilders
2008-01-15, 09:16 AM
Sorry forgot Init:[roll0]

Duke of URL
2008-01-15, 09:36 AM
Grish
HP: 28/28
AC: 18

"Oh, hells!" He draws his scimitars and attacks Riddle, the nearest "loyalist".

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] + [roll3] if catching flanked or flat-footed

jameswilliamogle
2008-01-15, 10:04 AM
Tennin

Thinks to himself Well, I believe that the chances of survivin' with this Claw feller be a might bit worse than this Ulfgar feller, an' less crew means a bigger share of th' booty... With that, he's cast his lot in with Ulfgar, and begins casting.

I don't know if you've already rolled initiative, so sorry if this doesn't mean anything:
Initiative: [roll0]
Tennin backs to where he isn't threatened, then casts Bless, considering the PC side his allies.

Darkantra
2008-01-15, 10:38 AM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk was about to offer apologies, for whatever they may be worth, but then Claw went ahead and insulted his honor. For the last time.

"That be it, I be done talkin' elfy! Pray to yer gods!"

YARRRRRRRRR LET'S DO THIS!!! Actually, I'm on break at work right now and I can't seem to access the map so Thunk Chunk will attack the closest foe. Preferably one of the ones who laughed at him. Allright, Pulley has earned the right to witness this amazing whiff of an attack. Thunk Chunk'll be attacking him

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hyozo
2008-01-15, 09:33 PM
Marcus

Still unsure of who, if anybody, he should help; Marcus attempts to move away from the croud. If either of the doors Grish is standing next to is open, he will dart into one of those rooms, otherwise he will climb down the stairs to the main hold.

PocketRocket
2008-01-16, 08:45 AM
"Don't be runnin away lad. Help yer mates." Ulfgar yells towards Marcus.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-16, 06:51 PM
"I'll tend to the locker, aye?" Tulek nods, shooting a wink to the crowd in general as he salutes. One hand is behind his back, and his mouth keeps moving after his sentence is completed. Then, suddently, Tulek vanishes entirely. He quickly moves from the area he occupied a moment ago, seeking to avoid any attacks aimed at where he was when last seen, he looks ahead to the door of the first mate's cabin, moving through the doorway if it is open.

Casting Invisibility, then taking a move action to go to E9, or F9 if the cabin's door is open.

lawful_evil
2008-01-16, 07:18 PM
Round 1

Grish slashes the young cleric, dropping him in a single blow while Marcus slips by and into the galley. Karos tumbles past the mostly stunned opponents, and Mr. Davies, to take up position in front of claw. Swinging his weapon, Karos does little but provide Claw a cool breeze.

Following Karos' lead, Thunk Chunk swings wildly above the head of the halfling known as Pulley. Tails attempts to cast a spell in a fairly defensive manner, but is too distracted by the combat and loses the spell.

Tulek disappears and then moves over to Claw's (old) cabin and finds the door locked. Pulley decides to shake things up a bit and tumbles through Terrance and to behind Thunk Chunk and into a flanking position with Errow. However, he is tripped up by Terrance, granting Thunk Chunk a chance to strike. His greatsword slices the little man open, but the tough little fella regains his footing and stabs Thunk Chunk with his tiny rapier.

Gramps, grabbing a nearby club, whacks Tennin upside his head as Terrance cowers off to the side. Errow takes advantage of Thunk Chunks divided attention and stabs him in the back with his sword, nearly piercing the hobgoblin's heart.

Leroy grabs a club, moves up behind Davies, and tries to smack him with it, but his horrible aim causes him to miss. Manny, using his club, swats Claw with it, striking, but hardly dealing any damage. Claw shrugs off the blow and using his rapier and claw executes a double slash on Karos. His claw nearly connects, but doesn't and the rapier is not even close.

Tennin, backed into a corner and already hit, decides to simply cast his bless defensively, hopeful someone will come to his aid. He manages to get the spell off. Blue players get +1 to hit, +1 to saves vs fear Willis just stands there and watches the brawl, a slight smile on his face.

Mr. Davies turns and sees Leroy behind him attempting to smash him with a club. Using his own club, he pounds Leroy in the side. Ulfgar turns his wrath on Tails, pounding the dark skinned man bloody. Green Bloody.

TC AOO = 26(using damage from your missed attack)

Tally :

22 - G - Grish
22 - M - Marcus
21 - K - Karos
21 - C - Thunk Chunk (28 / 48 HP)
21 - L - Tails (19 / 35 HP)
20 - T - Tulek
20 - P - Pulley (38 / 50 HP)
20 - A - Gramps
20 - I - Terrance
15 - E - Errow
14 - O - Leroy (4 / 7 HP)
12 - Y - Manny
12 - W - Claw (38 / 40 HP)
11 - R - Riddle (-2/10 HP)
10 - N - Tennin (21/ 24 HP)
10 - S - Willis
9 - D - Davies
5 - U - Ulfgar

{{ I color coded the people based on side. Red vs Blue }}
Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Mutany2.gif)

Hyozo
2008-01-16, 10:02 PM
Marcus

"I ain't sacrificing m'self fer ye Ulfgar. I know what I can an' can't do, an' I can't beat a man like Claw in a straight up fight." Marcus angrily replies. "That bein' said, I don't like our new cap'n, all I ever heard from him was orders an' complaints back when he was only first mate, He's sure to be worse now." Marcus begins gesturing in a manner only slightly different from as in the battle, speaking an incantation whose only comprehensible part is "Rage of freedom" suddenly a badger, with skin tinted somewhere between that of the creatures he had summonned before and that of the dogs summonned by the (priestess?), appears where Marcus had been standing moments before and viciously attacks Claw.

Casting Summon Monster I
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Darkantra
2008-01-16, 10:56 PM
Thunk Chunk

Growling in pain Thunk Chunk aims his sword at Tails, even as he leaks blood from his wounds all over the planks.

"Oh so ya're a demonblood eh? Well me blood be more pretty!"

Attacking Tails then taking a 5 ft step to C11.

[roll0] oops add 1 for bless
[roll1]
[roll2] and 1 here as well

Darkantra
2008-01-16, 10:57 PM
If the confirmation hits... please please please

[roll0]

PocketRocket
2008-01-17, 12:50 AM
"Me fists be pure stone demon. Hows bout ye try 'em again."

Attack 1: [roll0]

Duke of URL
2008-01-17, 07:38 AM
Grish

"Ha, ha! The blood of my enemies always tastes sweet when licked from my blades!" Feeling he's on a roll, he goes straight for the new Captain.

5' step to D6 Edit: I meant to say D7, over Riddle's body, if that is possible
Full attack against Claw:
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

bchilders
2008-01-17, 11:06 AM
Karos
HP 22/22
AC 22

Karos will attack Claw again still holding back but hoping to continue to draw his attention he attempts to goad the new captain, "Is that all you have? I'm sure our last captain would have at least drawn blood."

Attack: [roll0] +2 for flanking and +1 for bless
Damage: [roll1] is claw human? +2 if he is

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-17, 10:15 PM
"Claws of bone rise from the ribs of your rage, rend those would wish death where you do not damn, who seek your power as their pride," Tulek's voice says, his body still impossible to see. As the sentence completes, there is a flash of magic and a skeletal warrior rakes at Tails' demonic visage.

Casting Summon Undead I, the skeleton then attacks Tails.
Attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage Rolls:
EDIT:Rolled damage for scimitar instead of claws by mistake.

lawful_evil
2008-01-19, 08:02 AM
Round 2

Grish steps up and begins to pummel Claw. His first attempt makes contact, but he slips in Riddle's blood and the second attempt doesn't manage to hit the Captain.

From the galley, Marcus sends for a giant wooden small chaotic badger which takes Claw by surprise, as the badger nips at his hindquarters. Karos swings at Claw, but misses as Claw yelps and flinches from the badger bite.

Thunk Chunk manages an exceptional blow against Tails. The vicious slash from the hobgoblin's greatsword slices diagonally across the demonic first mate spraying green blood all over the hold. Tails staggers backward away from Thunk Chunk and then unleashes a pair of magical missiles against Thunk Chunk{{ 7 damage }}.

Tulek's invisible disembodied voice summons forth a skeleton which instantly attacks the first mate, clawing the last remaining bits of consciousness from him. Tails collapses in a pool of his own blood.

The halfling pirate attempts to stab Thunk Chunk in the back of the leg, but is too distracted by the spray of blood from Tails and his attack glances off Thunk Chunk's armor. Gramps continues to corner Tennin and tries to smash in the cleric's skull but only manages to hit the wall next to him.

Terrence cowers even more as the magic starts to fly. Errow slashes at Thunk Chunk again, but comes up short. Leroy smacks Mr. Davies with his club, staggering the lad. Manny swipes at Claw but his club swipe isn't even close a Manny's attention is more on the badger than on Claw himself.

Claw focuses his attention on Karos and using his claw and rapier, manages two precise strikes on Karos. {{ 14 damage }} Meanwhile, Tennin swings his morningstar at Gramps, nearly hitting the same spot on the wall that Gramps himself hit.

Willis giggles when Tails' blood sprays all over the place, but he continues to just stand there and watch. The lad Davies, swipes at Leroy, but he is too staggered by the damage he took earlier to put much effort into it.

Ulfgar, seeing Tails back up and then eventually collapse, turns his attention to the wee little halfling to his right. Pulley is a spry little fellow and manages to dodge one of the blows, but Ulfgar does manage to connect with one of his attacks.

Tally :

22 - G - Grish
22 - M - Marcus
21 - K - Karos (8 / 22 HP)
21 - C - Thunk Chunk (21 / 48 HP)
21 - L - Tails (-3 / 35 HP)
20 - T - Tulek
20 - P - Pulley (31 / 50 HP)
20 - A - Gramps
20 - I - Terrance
15 - E - Errow
12 - Y - Manny
12 - W - Claw (31 / 40 HP)
11 - R - Riddle (-3/10 HP)
10 - S - Willis
9 - D - Davies (4 / 6 HP)
5 - U - Ulfgar

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Mutany3.gif)

jameswilliamogle
2008-01-19, 01:02 PM
Tennin

"Argh, ye scabs! Lay down yer weapons, if ye don't want to join the Leviathan in his watery grave!!!" bellows Tennin.

Tennin uses a standard action to command Aqua to come to the midship to start attacking, and will pull out his morningstar.

ok, if the boards keep crashing, my actions will be to just attack the nearest enemy (morningstar, d8 damage, +2 to hit). AC:16 (shield+armor), HP:24. I'm out of all but 0 level spells.

Aqua's attack is claw (d3+1 damage, +3 to hit). AC:15, HP:12. Hopefully, I'll get the notices soon enough, but I don't expect it.

Darkantra
2008-01-19, 01:23 PM
Thunk Chunk

Seeing Tails fall sets Thunk Chunk into a good mood despite his wounds. Even as he picks his next target, that annoying human that nearly killed him just a half minute ago, he begins smiling.

"So much for the mighty Tails, I think I takin' a try at ya now human!"

Thunk Chunk attacks Errow then 5-foot steps to D9. Also, two crits in two rounds? Let's see how the confirmation goes... Grr me be dumb, not add bless to attack.

add +1 from bless
[roll1]

Darkantra
2008-01-19, 01:30 PM
[roll0] arg, again, add one for bless
[roll1]

Duke of URL
2008-01-19, 09:25 PM
Grish

Annoyed, but relieved that the "captain" isn't treating him as a threat, Grish continues to press the attack.

Attacking Claw
[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

bchilders
2008-01-20, 12:30 PM
Karos
HP 8/22
AC 25

Karos quiets after taking a few heavy blows and he chooses to focus on defense rather than striking, wishing desperately he had room to bring his bow into play.

Full defense...raising my AC to 25

PocketRocket
2008-01-20, 12:51 PM
Ulfgar
HP 36/36
AC 16

"Ar! You be a quick one there midget. Keep dodgin'. Me fists be hittin ye soon enough!"

Ulfgar attacks the halfling rogue
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 2:[roll3]

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-21, 12:48 PM
Tulek mentally commands his skeleton to start in attacking the cruel halfling, grinning imperceptibly as the bloody claws swing away from the tiefling's broken body in their wake. His grin widening, Tulek's eyes turn to Claw, surrounded, and the grin parts into words; "The cold of your finger fly through mine."

Casting Chill of the Grave and ordering my skeleton to attack Errow.
Attack 1: [roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-01-21, 05:07 PM
Grish uses his dual scimitar to make a bright red 'X' marks the spot on the new Captain, who howls with anger at this insult. Marcus' little badger nips and claws at Claw, but doesn't get lucky.

Karos focuses on his own personal safety rather than the termination of the mutany. Thunk Chunk slashes Errow with his massive blade nearly cutting the man in two.

Tulek's skeleton slashes Errow with one hand, adding to the bloody mess that Thunk Chunk's blade left behind. Tulek then casts his spell, sending a deadly chill into Claw.

Pulley stabs Ulfgar with his small rapier inflicting a minor wound. Gramps turns and smashes the skeleton with his club, breaking several ribs. Terrance continues to just stare in horror at the ongoing battle. Errow steps up so he is flanking the newly visible Tulek and slashes at him with his sword in a very sneaky way.

Leroy attempts to capitalize on Tulek's distraction, but his club doesn't even come close to striking. Manny swats Claw in the back with his club. Ignoring Manny, Claw strikes at Grish with his Hook and Rapier. He manages to pierce the half-orc with both attacks, bloodying his outfit.

Tennin orders up some help from his commanded creatures(which will arrive soon enough). Until then he readies his weapon to strike and steps back away from any of the hostiles. Willis begins giggling even louder when Tennin flees back into the corner near him and Terrance.

Mr. Davies swings his club at Leroy, but also fails to connect. Ulfgar in the mean time swings his stone fists of death far above the head of the puny halfling rogue and his rapier of piercing.

DM Rolls :

Marcus' Badger(c,c,b) : 13, 4, 15

Tally :

22 - G - Grish (17 / 28HP)
22 - M - Marcus
21 - L - Tails (-3 / 35 HP)
20 - Sk - Skeleton (5 / 11 HP)
20 - T - Tulek (17 / 27 HP)
20 - A - Gramps
20 - I - Terrance
15 - E - Errow (3 / 16 HP)
12 - Y - Manny
12 - W - Claw (5 / 40 HP)
11 - R - Riddle (-3/10 HP)
10 - S - Willis
5 - U - Ulfgar (32 / 36 HP)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Mutany4.gif)

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-21, 07:05 PM
Tulek winces as cut opens from his hip to thigh, seeing the bloody face of the mortally wounded halfling grinning up at him through all its pain. "Want to finish him yourself, Chunk?" Tulek calls out to the hobgoblin who had nearly killed the small man earlier, grinning wider than the halfling through his pain. His skeleton turns from the wounded Halfling to rake its claws at the aged man that ruined its ribcage while Tulek almost dismissivly swing his morningstar at Leroy, the only sign he even noticed the attack that whizzed by him earlier.

Tulek->Leroy:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Skeleton->Gramps:
Attack 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 1: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Darkantra
2008-01-21, 07:23 PM
Thunk Chunk

"That be true Tulek, I be owin' this one more blood!"

Seeing Errow turn away from him Thunk Chunk grins and aims to spit the man on his sword.

"Aww, where ya goin' pinky?" Thunk Chunk taunts the dripping Errow, "Ya don't want to play with Thunk Chunk anymore?"

Attacking Errow again. Let's see if I can't knock him past -10 :smallamused:.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Hyozo
2008-01-21, 09:40 PM
Marcus

"Claw, Tails be waiting for ye." notes Marcus as he steps out of the galley. The Badger furiously continues to strike Claw before vanishing.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

bchilders
2008-01-21, 10:22 PM
Karos

Seeing Claw focus his attention elsewhere Karos decides to strike a decisive blow.

PocketRocket
2008-01-21, 11:28 PM
"Ar! Ye not be gettin past me fists again!"

Ulfgar swings at Pulley yet again

Attack2:[roll1]

Damage1:[roll2]
Damage2:[roll3]

Duke of URL
2008-01-22, 08:13 AM
Grish

"Farewell, *captain*."

Full attack against Claw, if main hand attack drops Claw, off-hand attack will target Leroy.

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]

lawful_evil
2008-01-22, 06:27 PM
Round 4

Grish pounds the captain again, knocking the rapier from his hand as he collapses to the ground. Before the captain has even settled, he backhands Leroy, knocking the club from his hand as he collapses to his knees, giving up the fight.

The badger, finally having the high ground, shreds Claws body a bit, ripping off a prime piece of calf before puffing back to the great beaver dam in the sky. Seeing Claw go down Karos turns his attention to Pulley, slashing at the halfling, but not managing to strike his puny form.

Tulek, smacks Leroy with his morningstar, making sure the man stays down. Meanwhile, his skeleton slashs Gramps, leaving a trio of bloody marks on his arm.

Pulley, seeing the captain go down, tumbles over to Gramps' side. He sheaths his weapon and grasps Gramps' hand. They both raise their hands in the air and say, "Ar, ye bested the Capt'n. Ye be our Capt'n now. We await your orders." They seem to be looking at Grish.

Aqua arrives, ready to do battle.

Tally :

22 - G - Grish (17 / 28HP)
22 - M - Marcus
21 - L - Tails (-4 / 35 HP)
20 - Sk - Skeleton (5 / 11 HP)
20 - T - Tulek (17 / 27 HP)
20 - A - Gramps (17 / 20 HP)
20 - I - Terrance
15 - E - Errow (-7 / 16 HP)
14 - O - Leroy (-7 / 7 HP)
12 - Y - Manny
12 - W - Claw (-7 / 40 HP)
11 - R - Riddle (-4 / 10 HP)
10 - S - Willis
5 - U - Ulfgar (32 / 36 HP)

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Mutany5.gif)

Duke of URL
2008-01-23, 07:22 AM
Grish

Captain? Me? That wasn't the idea, but...

"Um... right. Okay, mateys, let's put the weapons away and start cleaning this up. Anyone have a healer's touch? Take care of the ones bleeding on the deck -- those who fought for Claw can be tied up and given the choice later of joining us or being tossed overboard. Excepting Claw," at this point Grish performs the final coup de grace on the short-lived captain's career, "and that Tails fellow."

Darkantra
2008-01-23, 11:35 AM
Thunk Chunk

As Pulley and Gramps surrender and hail the half-orc as the new captain Thunk Chunk has a moment of complete and utter confusion. Shaking his head he grins

Oh hells, best be runnin' with it anyways.

He wipes his sword on the clothes of the downed Tails and sheathes it before grabbing the demonblood fellow's head in his hands.

"Aye aye, Captain Grish!"

With a roar of laughter he twists the former first mate's head savagely, nearly wrenching it off.

Coup-de-Gracing Tails, as ordered :smallamused:

Hyozo
2008-01-23, 03:28 PM
Marcus

"Ye did well Cap'n Grish. Sure ye'll be better than Claw." announces Marcus. Then, in a subtler tone, he adds "I'd suggest ye be careful with yer orders, yer crew be mostly mutiniers. I agree with your choice on the men, but I think we all know a priest who might not." Philippe simply flies over to Claw's body and defecates upon it, there were probably better final insults, but few that a bird could pull off.

lawful_evil
2008-01-23, 06:33 PM
Soon enough, most people are cleaning up. Tulek's skeleton disappears and Aqua eventually floats off to play in the water while awaiting further commands.

The (original) captain's body, Claw's body, are Tails' body are hauled up on deck so they can be dealt with after dinner. Errow, Leroy, and Riddle are stabilized before they pass over.

The cook's assistant brings out a couple mops which are used to clean the majority of the green and red from the decking. The various crates are again arranged so that everyone has a place to sit and eat. The cook, again, begins to bring the meal out to the hungry crewmen.

Everyone seems to have pitched in to help clean up, except Willis, who spent the last 15 minutes drawing in green blood on the wall outside of Tails' cabin.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-23, 08:41 PM
"I'm not much for healing," Tulek says, "Those Nerull doesn't want yet will live, far as I'm concerned," he says, helping with the clean-up work instead of any healing work.

No healing spells, spontaneous inflect, and no ranks in Heal. I really am not very good at it.

Duke of URL
2008-01-23, 09:48 PM
Captain Grish

Uncomfortable as the new situation is, Grish refuses to show any weakness despite being thrust into a very unfamiliar role.

"Well, I won't be offering a toast," he starts with a half-smile. "As far as them who fought for Claw be concerned, I'll not hold hold with punishing any man for being loyal to who he believed was cap'n. But hear this, I say Tails was a poisoner, and Claw was his partner. As such," he turns to Tulek, "I want no peaceful rites for them, but treat her body with respect. Claw's and Tails' gear be added to the booty to divide among the crew that they did wrong to.

"Those here of a priestly nature," again Tulek draws a quick look, "I ask that you pray for spells of healing this night. I want this crew ready to sail and fight, and soon. But for now, let us eat and celebrate that we still be living after this day."

PocketRocket
2008-01-23, 10:39 PM
"Ay, Ay Cap'n!!!" Ulfgar toasts to the new captain. He doesn't really care who the new captain was, especially after he got more of his dwarven ale into him.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-23, 10:47 PM
"Had I a ghoul, I'd know just what to feed it," Tulek laughs of Tails and Claw, "Though, from what the wenches told me, Claw wasn't exactly 'filling'," he adds with another chuckle, putting a typical pirate punch-line to the morbid joke. "Ah'll give her a bloodless rite," he says, more somberly, of the captain. "Unless yeh think she'd prefer a seaman's buriel," he says with a nod to the cleric of nature. He says nothing of the prayers, not wanting to make a promise he's not sure his god would fulfil. If pressed, he'll mutter something akin to "I'll do what I can."

Darkantra
2008-01-23, 10:51 PM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk toasts next to Ulfgar and thumps the dwarf across the shoulders once he finished his flagon. He leans in slightly and chuckles.

"Even though we started it I be thinkin' that neither o' us be makin' a good captain, we be the fighters here, not the leaders. Good thing it worked out, eh?"

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-23, 11:31 PM
"Aye. I'm not much for leading the living, meself," Tulek agrees, raising his own toast. "Here's to Grish, for taking a job I sure to the hells wouldn't want."

PocketRocket
2008-01-24, 12:13 PM
"Ay, Thunk. Give me somethin' t' hit an' I be happy. Hopefully Grish be doin' us good as cap'n." Ulfgar finishes off his flagon, and pours himself another. It will be a long and drunken night.

Hyozo
2008-01-24, 02:07 PM
Marcus

"Excelent speach cap'n Grish. On any other night I'd drink to that." Laughs Marcus. With that, he'll start eating whatever is being served, smiling slightly when he hears the others' comments on how they wouldn't want to be in charge. Philippe, meanwhile, will fly up to the deck to look at the sea.

bchilders
2008-01-24, 02:09 PM
Karos

Karos helps with the cleaning and enjoys the celebration of the new captain. "I'm just glad to get out of any fight alive when I can't draw my bow. Feel much better with it in my hand. And I sure as hell no I'd be a poor captain myself." Still hesitant about drinking anything this night though, Karos obstains for the time being.

Duke of URL
2008-01-24, 03:17 PM
Captain Grish

After letting the crew eat and drink their fill, it was time to get down to business.

"The elf, you, and you," he points to Karos, Thunk Chunk, and Tulek, respectively, "come with me -- we'll go through the cap'n's cabin. You lot," here he singles out Tennin, Marcus, and Ulfgar, "take charge of going through the first mate's cabin and Tails' things. The whole crew meet up on deck in fifteen minutes... for choosin' officers and splitting up the booty."

He heads off for the upper deck.

lawful_evil
2008-01-24, 03:56 PM
At the request to meet to divy up the booty, several crew members call out hoots and raise their mugs to the new captain, Willis even says, "Aiy aiy Cap'n"

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-24, 04:43 PM
"If I may, Cap'n, I never did finish cleaning Mr. Dorian's cabin," Tulek points out. "Got a bit busy after they threw me the key an' all," he says, referring to his surprising entrance in to the fight. "Should I be seein' to it before or after the former Captain's?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-24, 07:46 PM
Grish, Karos, Thunk Chunk, and Tulek head up to the captain's cabin. Upon opening the door, a massive spray of flame shoots forth striking each of them. Once the smoke clears, you find the captain's quarter's quite nice. She has a large soft feather bed, with silk sheets and fuzzy blankets. On her desk is a navigation chart showing the area and a lockbox, which sits open(see OOC thread).

Trap :

Grish, Karos, Thunk Chunk, and Tulek
[roll0] Reflex Save DC 12 for 1/2 damage

Tulek, having caught the show, decides to head over and recover Dorian's loot, while the other three set off the rest of the captain's traps. Using the key provide, he is able to recover all of Dorian's gear and add it to the pile.

The explosion at the Captain's door occurred just before Tennin, Marcus, and Ulfgar touched Claw or Tails' doors.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-24, 07:49 PM
[roll0]

Tulek's moment of delay as he asks the captain his question places him a step behind the rest, and thus gives him the precious extra split second to pull himself back as much as possible, though he doesn't have time to jump away from the flames entirely, and save himself the worst of the burns.

Darkantra
2008-01-24, 09:07 PM
Thunk Chunk

[roll0]

Thunk Chunk lumbers up to the cabin door with the others and manages to jerk aside as the spray of flame flashes over them. Cursing, he smacks the flames off of his cloak and hair before punching the doorframe.

"Damn traps, that be no way to greet the new captain!" he yells into the room before grinning at Grish.

Duke of URL
2008-01-24, 10:10 PM
Captain Grish

[roll0] vs. DC 12, Evasion for no damage if save succeeds
Fail, take 12 damage, down to 5 HP

Grish almost senses danger in time, but still manages to get caught by the trap.

"Damn me!"

Take 20 to search (+4) for additional traps: 24

Hyozo
2008-01-24, 10:20 PM
Marcus

Hearing the explosion from above, the first thing to cross Marcus's mind is that Tulek had better not have gotten into his footlocker, and the second is that Tulek would have deserved what had happenned if he did. However, after thinking about this, he considders that there may have been a different reason for the noise which didn't involve another member of the crew trying to rob him, and decides he'll ask about it once he's seen the contents of the first mate's room, which he attempts to open the door of.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-24, 10:39 PM
"You all right, Captain Grish?" Tulek asks when he sees the half-orc was not so lucky as he.

PocketRocket
2008-01-24, 11:41 PM
Ulfgar goes with the others to check out the Claw and Tail's rooms. Hearing the explosion, he hesitates for a second. "Ar! What do you think that be gentlemen?"

Duke of URL
2008-01-25, 07:47 AM
Captain Grish

"Do I look all right to you? Damn traps... let's be just a bit more careful here," he adds while continuing to look for additional traps.

If the cabin is free from additional surprises, Grish will work with the others to move all of the the former captain's gear, excepting the charts and the items in the lockbox, to the pile of booty.

"You two," he says, looking at Karos and Thunk Chunk, "seem to know your ways around a ship. I was thinking of making eagle-eye here," he says, referring to Karos, "the new sailing master, would you like that, elfie? Thunk Chunk, how'd you like to be me bo'sun, and take care of matters on deck?"

"As for you," he turns to Tulek, "are you good with numbers and such? If so, I figure you'll make a fine quartermaster. For now, go fetch the other priest -- the one who knows how to heal -- to patch me up some. And then..." he adds, suddenly remembering Tulek's original question, "I had forgotten you still had another job to do. Fetch me the priest and then grab someone to help you."

lawful_evil
2008-01-25, 05:20 PM
Grish

No more traps were found, but when Grish attempted to open the drawer on the desk he was greeted with a trap that he had obviously missed. A small needle fires out stabbing him in the hand. The drawer contains 4 changes of clothes and a small jar of boot polish.

Grish Poison Needle Trap :

Initial : Fortitude Save DC 15 ([roll0])
Secondary(in a minute) : Fortitude Save DC 15 ([roll1])

Tennin, Ulfgar and Marcus

Marcus reaches out and opens the door to Claw's quarters. Inside, they find several changes of cloths and in his foot locker, he had 4 bottles of expensive wine. He also has a magical wand, made of white wood or ivory.

When Marcus opens Tails' door, a greenish bolt streaks out striking him. Inside the room they find a collection of whips hanging on hooks on the wall. It also has several sets of chains and manacles hanging from hooks in the ceiling and walls.

In the corner is a backpack, bedroll, 3 changes of cloths, 50' of rope, 3 black candles, flint and steel, and a solid gold holy symbol of Wee Jas. Folded neatly on top of the backpack are 5 changes of clothes.

Marcus Acid Arrow :

Round 1 : [roll2]
Round 2 : [roll3]

PocketRocket
2008-01-25, 07:03 PM
"Guessin' we oughta be lookin for traps 'for we go in these places, eh Marcus? Ha ha!!! Wow! This guy be doin some weird stuff in here. Glad he never invited me to his room, but then again who would want a beardless dwarf anyway? Ha ha!!!

Ulfgar looks around with interest at the many whips and chains that Tails had in his room. He also looks for anything they might have missed.

Take 20 Search: +1 = 21

Hyozo
2008-01-25, 08:54 PM
Marcus

Cringing from the painful bolt of acid, Marcus looks inside the room with a bit more caution than before. "From what I heard, an' what I'm seeing now, Tails was as kind as his blood was red. I should have expected something like this from him." notes Marcus before he leaves to tell Captain Grish about the contents of the two rooms. When he sees Grish injured and slightly burnt, he'll say "The cap'n's room was trapped too?"

Duke of URL
2008-01-25, 09:56 PM
Captain Grish

"So much for being careful..."

[roll0] vs. DC 15, Save made
[roll1] vs. DC 15, Save made

He shakes off the effect of whatever was on the needle. After rummaging through the drawer, he says, puzzled, "what in the nine hells was this doing trapped?" He takes a closer look at the items and searches (take 20) for a false compartment.

When Marcus arrives, Grish simply answers "aye" and keeps searching.

Hyozo
2008-01-25, 10:23 PM
Marcus

"The greenblood's door was trapped. Not much of a point really, The only thing he had that might be worth taking was a golden token. Claw had a white wand of some sort an' a few bottles of wine." Marcus forces a laugh "We should have checked his room before eating. I doubt Claw's wine was poisoned."

Darkantra
2008-01-25, 10:39 PM
Thunk Chunk

"Bo'sun eh? I can be doin' that. Can't say that the men be likin' me orderin' them around but I be good to do that."

After the poison dart Thunk Chunk almost cringes in sympathy for their new captain. Almost, the humor of it completely overwrote any sympathies that he might have, but even his piggish mind could see that having yet another Captain die this night wouldn't help any of them.

"Allright, Cap'n Half-n-Half, I know ya be new at this but how 'bout the next time we go lookin' at stuff ya can search it but be makin' one of us open it."

Thunk Chunk jabs his hand into his side pouch and holds out a scratched glass container with the words "Cure Light Wounds" written on it. He squints at it for a long moment before grunting and handing it to Grish.

"Ya didn't have to be makin' me an officer, so this be thanks, I be always too mad to use 'em anyways. Plus we can't be havin' our new Cap'n keel over, might give the other crew too much to think about."

Thunk Chunk will help Grish open any other chests or compartments in the room.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-25, 11:37 PM
"I've been dealing with the possessions of the dead since I was a boy, and won't no crew of woman born disobey me on a serious order," Tulek promises. Of the "officer" positions he could've been given, this one was ideal. He could spend his time counting loot in quiet contemplation when he tired of drunken revelry, and back in the Guild, he'd had a knack for keeping men in line without force. Something about the vague, unspoken promise of what he could do was much more fearsome than what most others would do.
"Mr. Fowler, Captain needs yeh," Tulek calls to the other room, wary of approaching too closely after the traps in the room he'd just visited and watching the green arrow shoot out at Marcus. "Anyone else what's done like to come check Mr. Dorian's locker with me?"

lawful_evil
2008-01-26, 08:42 AM
Grish reexamines the trapped draw, but can find no hidden spaces or unaccounted for areas. Thunk Chunk helps him turn the room upside down, but discovers nothing else of value. Meanwhile Tennin easily empties Dorian's pitiful belongings into the pile.

{{ Were you going to haul the bed/desk/mattress/etc out into the loot pile? }}

The demoted officers slowly empty their living areas and move their stuff up into the common crew quarters. Everytime they pass the newcomers they glare and scowl at their change in fortune.

As the officers make their way up on deck, the rest of the crew is assembled and anxiously awaiting the division of loot.

Duke of URL
2008-01-26, 02:06 PM
Captain Grish

Grish gladly accepts the potion, and drinks it.

[roll0]

"Thank you, bo'sun, I feel much better. Though keep the 'half-and-half' comments to yerself."

He makes his way over to address the crew.

"There be lots of changes this night, to be sure. You may take Cap'n Grish's word, though, that he will be fair as he be tough. But a new cap'n has to have men close to him as he feels he can trust.

"Marcus the sorcerer, be the new first mate. Any disputes on board go through him. Karos, ol' eagle-eye there, be the sailing master. Thunk Chunk be me bo'sun, and is in charge of matters on deck -- Ulfgar'll be cox'n and handle matters below. I make the new quartermaster Tulek... he be in charge of basic discipline, cross him if you dare. Finally, the Obad-Hai priest Tennin be the ship surgeon, he'll look after all of you.

"All officers will receive one share and a half of any booty collected. Each other man will get one share. Quartermaster, proceed to divide the booty."

bchilders
2008-01-26, 04:39 PM
OOC:
Didn't realize I'd been gone so long
Reflex for fire trap:[roll0]
I'll make a quick post to catch me up

edit: I just realized that I never was healed after the fight so unless we are saying that that actually happened this post is changed to Karos went down after the flame caught him...I'll wait for a DM decision

Karos tries to avoid the flames but the crowded corridor gives him few options. The combined pain of the flames and his previous wounds collapses him on the spot and he passes into pleasant dreams as he fades into unconsciousness.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-27, 12:49 AM
"First thing's first, and that's dividing up the raw gold," Tulek says, "And other such gems or precious metals. After that, anyone's welcome to bid from their share towards one of the more useful of the items, like that fine sword or shiny leather," he announces. "High bidder takes the item, that's all thar be. There's been enough bloodshed tonight, and if I'm seeing any more over this treasure, I'll see to it the loot gets divided a couple less ways, if yeh follow." Tulek gives the crowd a look, bloodsoaked skull-face of a holy symbol still hanging around his neck. "Unpleasant business aside, I'm dividing my extra half share amongst the crew, since the bodies went to me like treasure," Tulek adds. "Any of you see a black gem, onyx, to be exacting, in your loot, hollar for me. I'll pay you more than what it's worth and a hell of a lot more than the cheap port gem merchants'll pay for it."

His speech finished, Tulek begins counting, simultaneously sorting, a rather tedious task, but one he can't ask for too much help with since he didn't perpare a Zone of Truth spell to discern liars who might steal gold from the pile.

lawful_evil
2008-01-27, 07:08 AM
While Tulek divides up the treasure, Mr. Davies continues to tend to Karos' body. Sure, Mr. Davies had stabilized the archer and extinguished the flames, but the poor man was left just lying on the deck of the ship.

Mr. Davies, seeing the ship's surgeon, asks, "Please sir. Will you help me bring Karos over to the others. I assume you'll want all of those with grave wounds together so you can treat them and tend to them over night."

With(or without) help, Mr. Davies hauls Karos over into the common room, where Errow, Leroy, and Riddle all lay unconscious.

bchilders
2008-01-29, 11:09 PM
OOC: Changed previous post in light of the news

IC: Karos dreams sweet dreams of overly large bulls-eyes and women (the adjective just describing the bulls-eyes though)

Duke of URL
2008-01-30, 03:07 PM
Captain Grish

While waiting for the death priest to handle the loot, Grish addresses the now-replaced officers.

"I know you're none too thrilled with the way things have turned out this day, but know this: your lungs still draw breath, and in the end, that's all that matters. When we next put into port, you're free to seek your fortunes elsewhere, or you can stay here on the Stingray.

"As for treasure... any man who distinguishes himself in a raid or defense of this ship will earn himself extra booty. A man who shows true loyalty to me and the Stingray will also be granted part of my own share."

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-30, 06:19 PM
OOC: Am I free to state when Tulek finishes, or should I wait for some more events to go down in the meantime?

lawful_evil
2008-01-30, 07:40 PM
The crew anxiously sit around eying the pile of loot while Tulek slowly counts out the various piles, often forced to start over when the ship shudders from a rogue wave.

After the captain's speech, Pulley stands tall, or as tall as the small halfling can, and says, "All Hail Captain Grish." With this, he salutes you with a quick draw of his rapier and a bit of a flourish. Sheathing his weapon he then continues, "I hope you will not hold a grudge against those of us that fought with the Claw. It was surely not out of loyalty to him, but out of discipline for the chain of succession and loyalty to the man who was technically the captain."

He nods his head to the captain and turns to walk back to the railing where he'd been sitting and watching Tulek. As he walks buy Tulek, he hisses, "Come on, even Willis counts faster than you."

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-01-31, 05:57 PM
"I can count each coin as ten for your pile, if yeh'd like. It'd make things go faster," Tulek teases him back with a friendly, but arrogant smile. "Won't be too long, now. I divided while I counted."

PocketRocket
2008-02-01, 12:23 PM
Ulfgar looks at Thunk Chunk. "So ye wanna wrestle to see who buys the next round when we get to port?"

lawful_evil
2008-02-01, 05:25 PM
Pulley just shakes his head at Tulek's pathetic attempt at humor, or was it a threat. Is either case, Willis is standing there slack jawed watching. When Pulley sits back down he says, "Hey Willis, how many coins you see over there?"

Willis says, "Hehe.. 436 gold and eleven platinum. Definately 2043 copper pieces, and 262 of them silver coins, Arr."

Pulley smiles and says, "See."

Darkantra
2008-02-02, 02:43 AM
Thunk Chunk

Thunk Chunk chuckles and bares his teeth at Ulfgar.

"I be thinkin' this be some kind o' scam, but why not? Just be waitin' till we're near shore, took a few too many... aww by the seven bloody hells!" Thunk Chunk reaches behind himself and shifts a wad of rags around the wound that Errow gave him, letting a few more drops of blood splat the deck. "Damn hole doesn't hurt so bad but it itches like a bloody rash!"

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2008-02-02, 12:01 PM
"Well, Willis, I do believe yeh're right," Tulek said, having finished counting and sorting teh coins, "No chance he's got a similar knack for appraising goods?" Tulek asks, marking the balue of goods down based upon their wait and adding a tally together on a long sheet. "Or, for that matter, arithmatic? Ah, well, I'm almost done, anyway."

Hyozo
2008-02-02, 10:14 PM
Marcus

Marcus laughs slightly hearing Willis's response, amd says to Pulley, "I'm guessin' this ain't the first time he's done that."

lawful_evil
2008-02-03, 08:03 AM
Pulley raises an eyebrow at Tulek and says, "Ar! I thought you were supposed to be figuring something out." Turning to Marcus, he responds, "Well, he be good at addin' and figurin'. I ain't not heard of that arthimatic stuff, but I suppose ifn you show'd ole Willis how to do it, he might get it."