View Full Version : Factotum treating disease.

Yogibear41
2024-03-22, 11:46 AM
What options does a factotum have for treating/curing disease. Looking for something better than just performing heal checks would prefer something magical and instaneous in nature. My first though was using a summon monster spell for something with cure disease, but I didn't see any of those monsters with that ability.

Rebel7284
2024-03-22, 12:22 PM
Lesser Planar Binding -> Movanic Deva? You do need to be level 13 for that.

I think the usual approach would be simply putting ranks into UMD and buying a scroll of Remove Disease.

MaxiDuRaritry
2024-03-22, 02:01 PM
You have Heal and Profession (Healer) as class skills. Bards have a number of healing spells, and they're arcane casters that you can emulate. You've got UMD as a class skill for wands and scrolls for divine spells, as well as spells that allow you to summon beings that cast divine spells. If you're (part-)human, you have relatively easy access to the chameleon, which has a floating feat (for Extra Spell) and access to divine casting when you need it. You're also effectively a spellcaster, and you have Craft (Alchemy) as a class skill for some alchemical medicinal items. You also have social skills to convince a healer to do it for you. Or you could just buy some potions or some spellcasting services. If you take item crafting feats, you could make magic items for it.