PDA

View Full Version : Would these be reasonable

playswithfire
2007-12-15, 10:31 AM
An otherwise unchanged bard with no spellcasting and full BAB

A Warchanter (complete warrior) not learning inspire recklessness and having Warchanter levels - 2 stack with bard levels for inspire courage bonus

If you were DMing and I proposed one or both of these variations, what would you think?

Thanks for any responses

KIDS
2007-12-15, 10:59 AM
The Bard would be severely underpowered (that many spells and such simply aren't worth the spread out +5 to hit! That would be like playing a swashbuckler...) and War Chanter would be so-so, Inspire Recklessness is much better than Inspire Courage but Inspire Courage as such is more widely applicable.

If you want to combine those for a warrior-leader or such, I guess it's reasonable since as a War Chanter you wouldn't have use for spellcasting anyways. Anyway, I wouldn't have any problems with it.

Emperor Demonking
2007-12-15, 11:02 AM
The bard is fair a bit to weak though.

playswithfire
2007-12-15, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that's basically the idea; very small dip into bard combined with Crusader/Warblade into Warchanter with song of the white raven, so the loss of spellcasting isn't as big a deal, but a full BAB bard lets me into warchanter a level earlier, which is kind of nice

in a theoretical build, it's actually only 1 level of bard, so it's just giving up some 0-level spells for an extra BAB which doesn't seem too bad

Kizara
2007-12-15, 01:25 PM
I'd allow you to give up bardic casting for full BAB progression.

Inspire courage isn't that fantastic and inspire recklessness is a main ability of that class. I'd allow that as well.

However, I wouldn't allow warblade or crusader. :)