PDA

View Full Version : A Pantheon I've been working on...(PEACH)

Gouka Ryuu
2007-12-15, 11:29 AM
As you might have guessed, this is a pantheon I've been working no. Only two people have commented on it on the WOTC boards and i want more feedback. So, I'll put the basic info down, if anyone seems interested I'll put down some more stuff. First, the greater deities:

Illuvia
Creator of the Constellations, Light Maiden, Lady of the Stars
Greater Deity
Symbol: Silver Intricately Designed Star (Celtic Star)
Home Plane: Virtuous Gardens (Elysium)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Portfolio: Light, Stars, Celestial Bodies, Navigation, Goodness, Hope
Worshippers: Good Peoples, Navigators, Astronomers, Astrologists
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Domains: Good, Moon, Night, Oracle, Stars
Favored Weapon: (Longbow)

Sirith
Judge of the Dead, The Gray One, Sirith the Indifferent
Greater Deity
Symbol: Open book with a Gavel used as a book mark
Home Plane: The Gray City
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Portfolio: Knowledge, Learning, Truth, Wisdom, Judgment, Justice
Worshippers: Mourners, Judges, Scholars, Rulers, Wizards, Archivists
Cleric Alignments: LG, LN, N, LE
Domains: Balance, Death, Fate, Knowledge, Repose, Rune, Truth
Favored Weapon: (Quarterstaff)

Pwenvinn
Giver of the Bounty, Protector of the Sea
Greater Deity
Symbol:
Home Plane: (Elemental Plane of Water)
Alignment: Neutral
Portfolio: Nature, Water, Sea Life, Sustainability
Worshippers: Fishermen, Druids
Cleric Alignments: NG, LN, N, CN, NE
Domains: Animal, Balance, Ocean, Water
Favored Weapon:

Ennarrion
The Corrupter, He Who Hides Among the Shadows, The Night Without the Stars
Greater Deity
Symbol: Black Rose
Home Plane: (Pluton, The Grey Wastes)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Portfolio: Darkness, Shadows, Evil, Lies, Treachery, Corruption
Worshippers: Evil Peoples, Cultists, Assassins, Evil Rogues
Cleric Alignments: N, LE, NE, CE
Domains: Charm, Darkness, Evil, Illusion, Mind, Mysticism (Evil), Shadow, Trickery
Favored Weapon: "Rose's Thorn" (+5 Unholy, Wounding, Returning Dagger)

Atharaoth
The Wind Lord
Greater Deity
Symbol: Two Clouds One White and One Black
Home Plane: (Elemental Plane of Air)
Portfolio: Sky, Air, Winds, Weather, Swiftness, Storms
Worshippers: Farmers, Druids, Rangers
Domains: Air, Balance, Celerity, Sky, Storm, Travel, Weather
Favored Weapon: (Flail)

Now the Intermediate Gods:

Griasolus
The Shining Brother, The Good Twin
Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Stylized Sun Burst
Home Plane: Light’s Blessing (Amoria, Elysium)
Portfolio: Sun, Strength, Healing, Twins
Worshippers: Good Peoples, Those Seeking Protection from Wythdar, Farmers, Healers
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG, N
Domains: Good, Healing, Protection, Purification, Strength, Sun
Favored Weapon:

Wythdar
The Great Betrayer, Sun Forger, The Evil Twin
Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Stylized Red Sun on a black disk
Home Plane: (Phlegethos, Baator)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Portfolio: Betrayal, Fire, Heat, Smithing, Sun
Worshippers: Tyrants, Conquerors, Smiths, Those Wanting Alleviation from the Sun
Cleric Alignments: LN, LE, NE
Domains: Artifice, Evil, Fire, Law, Sun, Tyranny
Favored Weapon: (Greatspear)

Danath
Protector of Cities, The Great Trader, Patron of the Marketplace and Merchants
Intermediate Deity
Symbol:
Home Plane: The Never Sleeping Metropolis (Market Place Eternal, The Outlands)
Portfolio: Cities, Marketplaces, Merchants, Commerce, Money, Affluence
Worshippers: Metropolitans, Merchants, Traders, Nobility, Those Seeking Money
Domains: Avarice, Community, Cities, Commerce, Knowledge, Trade, Wealth
Favored Weapon: (Rapier)

Bhravunn
King of the Waves, Sailors Bane
Intermediate Deity
Symbol: Ship Getting Crushed by a Huge Wave
Home Plane: (Abyss)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Portfolio: Destruction, Ocean, Storms, Waves, Tidal Waves
Worshippers: Sailors, Seaside Communities, People Wanting to Spread Evil and Chaos
Cleric Alignments: CN, NE, CE
Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Ocean, Strength, Storm, Water, Watery Death
Favored Weapon: (Warhammer)

Leimial

Intermediate Deity
Symbol:
Home Plane: (Celestia)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Portfolio: Purity, Humility, Compassion, Duty
Worshippers: Goods Peoples, Paladins
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, LN
Domains: Courage, Glory, Good, Law, Protection
Favored Weapon:

Finally, the lesser deities:

Virin
The Bleeding Hand, Protector of the Innocent
Lesser Deity
Symbol: Left-Hand with Bleeding Stab Wound in Center
Home Plane: Virtuous Gardens (Amoria, Elysium)
Portfolio: Innocence, Loss of Innocence, Cycles of Life
Worshippers: Children, Parents, Families, Those Coming of Age, Good Peoples
Cleric Alignments: LG, NG, CG
Domains: Community, Family, Good, Protection, Renewal
Favored Weapon: “Lost Innocence” (+5 Brilliant Energy, Merciful Long Sword)

Aleyarn
The Temptress, The Green Eyed Mistress
Lesser Deity
Symbol:
Home Plane: (Ysgard)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Portfolio: Lust, Sensual Pleasure, Envy, Debauchery, Hedonism
Worshippers: Lustful People, Envious People, Hedonists
Cleric Alignments: CG, N, CN, CE
Domains: Chaos, Charm, Envy, Lust, Passion, Trickery
Favored Weapon: (Whip)

Morsais
Lady Death, Herald of Sirith, The Messenger of the Gods, Shepard of the Dead
Lesser Deity
Symbol: Key of Life (ankh)
Home Plane: The Gray City
Portfolio: Death, Heralds, Communication, Shepherding
Worshippers: The Dying, Mourners, Heralds, Shepherds, Those Who Guide Others
Domains: Herald, Protection, Repose, Travel
Favored Weapon: (Quarterstaff)

Nathus
The Prodigal, The Murderer, Lord of Lunatics
Lesser Deity
Symbol: A Bloody Bastard Sword
Home Plane: (Pandemonium)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Portfolio: Malice, Murder, Insanity, Blood Lust, War
Worshippers: Evil Peoples, Cultists, Mercenaries, The Insane
Cleric Alignments: CN, NE, CE
Domains: Chaos, Death, Evil, Hatred, Madness, Suffering, War, Wrath
Favored Weapon: (Bastard Sword)

Cagarrin
The Mariner, The Great Shipwright, Protector of the Fleet
Lesser Deity
Symbol: A Golden Ship in a Cerulean Circle
Home Plane: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Sailors, Sailing, Shipwrights, Naval Warfare
Worshippers: All who sail or have loved ones who sail the seas
Cleric Alignments: NG, CG, CN
Domains: Artifice, Craft, Protection, Travel, War
Favored Weapon: (Cutlass)

That's basically everyone for the moment. Any questions, comments, and concerns would be greatly appreciated.

Neftren
2007-12-15, 11:35 AM
I really like Illuvia, Atharaoth and Cagarrin... nice job.

Gouka Ryuu
2007-12-15, 04:04 PM
Since you liked Illuvia, here is more information on her :smallsmile: :

Illuvia (Ill-ew-v-ah) is a very popular deity. She is the goddess that brought light into the world, through the moons and the cursed sun that are each represented by one of her children. She is also the goddess that represents pure goodness. She appears as a beautiful maiden, human most of the time but she has been known to appear as an elf. Illuvia has incredibly light, blond hair that is said to shine like the stars she created. Her pale white skin is also said to lightly glow with a soothing light. When appearing to people on the material plane she always looks like a woman in her late twenties or early thirties. She is usually seen in robes of silver. With her looks and her clothes she truly looks like the embodiment of light and stars.

Dogma
As the goddess of light her goal is to bring light to the darkness of the world. People need to strive for goodness, being better people to themselves and one another. Evil that seeks to destroy the world or bring darkness into it, especially those who gladly worship the evil deities, must be stopped and should be fought against at any chance. By eliminating the darkness of evil and bringing in the light of good the world can become a happy utopian place.

Illuvia stands against Bhravunn and Ennarrion at every turn and her clerics main opponents are usually of these faiths. Her opinions on Wythdar and Nathus are much different, however. Nathus is her brother and Wythdar her son. They originally were not evil; the great corrupter Ennarrion seduced them. Any member of the church who kills a worshipper of either of the two outright has done a great sacrilege. Illuvia hopes to convert these followers to the side of good, it is hoped that if enough worshippers of Nathus and Wythdar become good they will turn from their evil ways.

In spreading light to the world, Illuvia approves of followers who sail the seas, sometimes in to the unknown, to fight evil and spread light. It is only through navigation, sometimes through the unknown, that sailing the seas is possible. Navigation first begun using her stars and that is why navigation has become one of her areas of concern.

Clerics and Temples
Many temples for Illuvia exist, in some rare occasions she shares a temple with her husband Virin or rarer still shares a temple with both her husband and their children. Her temples are usually constructed of marble preferably or any other white construction grade stone if marble is unavailable. Silver and diamonds are used for decoration in the bigger more opulent temples found in the biggest cities. Temples generally have a large open courtyard that, weather permitting, is used to pray to Illuvia under the stars themselves. Though there are areas of prayer in the temple incase of weather, these areas are smaller and it is preferable to worship under Illuvia’s stars. There are many windows placed in the walls so that during the day a lot of sunlight is able to filter into all the rooms of the temple. Overall, the temples are light, nearly blindingly so, but not overly large, except in the biggest cities. They are shaped like a square with a large courtyard in the middle.

There are a few holidays that are followed in Illuvia’s Church. The rarest of her holidays are the Night of Orbs and the Night of Darkness. These events happen only every few centuries when all the moons are in the full or new parts of their cycle respectively and all at the same time. The Night of Orbs is a happy celebration synonymous with the creation of light and the stars and the birth of Illuvia’s children. The Night of Darkness represents the nights Ennarrion corrupted Nathus and Wythdar and how on the events of both those nights such chaos occurred that her other children were too scared to cross the sky. Any child born during either night has an omen on them and will usually have a very important future. Other smaller holidays are celebrated on the solstices and equinoxes and when meteor showers or comets occur.

Clerics of Illuvia are easy to spot; they wear silver robes with the symbol of Illuvia on the front. Clerics of Illuvia pray and receive their spells at any time of night and under the night sky if ever possible. The most preferred time of prayer is when the stars are first coming out at dusk.

Clerics and paladins of Illuvia as well as good fighters that worship her adventure to bring good in the world and fight evil at every turn or in other words bring light to the darkness.

Chikin'Soup
2007-12-16, 11:14 PM
Wow, I really do like what we have here, keep it up, ^^

If at all possible, I would like to use the pantheon in my campaign.. May I?

I'd rate Cagarrin a lesser deity, he holds a fairly big portfolio..

osyluth
2007-12-17, 12:17 AM
OMG this is so cool please show the other deity's fluff! :biggrin:

Combatant
2007-12-17, 01:33 AM
very well done. All the alignments are represented, and lots of nice backround info.

I guess if you really wanted something to improve on it, I would add others.... i.e., two gods that have the same alignments, but are very different in there approaches. (A CG warrior, who is noble, and then a CG thief who is underhanded) I made a pantheon of trinitys (3 of each alignments.) and made sure that they were all very different. This way all of your players get something they want.

I dont know much about your world, but different races should have there own...moradin for the dwarfs, etc.

An organizational idea for you:
Elder gods The ones that shaped the cosmos. Most are forgotten.
Lesser gods The ones that currently rule, some are worshiped
Demi-gods Most often the ones that are worshiped.
Elemental Powers. Beings with great power, that can grant spells, but generally don't. These are normally advanced demons/devils. Are next in line to assume a portfolio.

The Elder gods should be kept in reserve, saved for when you want to bring about the apocalypse. The Lesser, Demi, and Elemental should be the ones that are played with the most, altho the Elemental powers are the most fun to play with, I think.

When you get into alot of different gods, and religion becomes the focus of your campain, things get sticky.

I had a player that kept praying to his god over EVERYTHING, like when he found an item that had been reveald as magic. He had gotten one answer about about some npc's who had surrenderd. And after that, he felt it was fair game to ask. When he felt that he was being ignored, he wanted to convert to another god...a bad thing to do as a paladin.

Now I try to keep religion as minimal as possible, but I also understand its importantence to the game.

Gouka Ryuu
2007-12-17, 08:42 AM
Wow, I really do like what we have here, keep it up, ^^

If at all possible, I would like to use the pantheon in my campaign.. May I?

I'd rate Cagarrin a lesser deity, he holds a fairly big portfolio..

Thanks for the praise. I guess you can use it if you'd like sure.

OMG this is so cool please show the other deity's fluff! :biggrin:

I haven't exactly written all the fluff for everyone yet and i do have exams but I will try to update this as much as I can.

very well done. All the alignments are represented, and lots of nice backround info.

I guess if you really wanted something to improve on it, I would add others.... i.e., two gods that have the same alignments, but are very different in there approaches. (A CG warrior, who is noble, and then a CG thief who is underhanded) I made a pantheon of trinitys (3 of each alignments.) and made sure that they were all very different. This way all of your players get something they want.

I dont know much about your world, but different races should have there own...moradin for the dwarfs, etc.

An organizational idea for you:
Elder gods The ones that shaped the cosmos. Most are forgotten.
Lesser gods The ones that currently rule, some are worshiped
Demi-gods Most often the ones that are worshiped.
Elemental Powers. Beings with great power, that can grant spells, but generally don't. These are normally advanced demons/devils. Are next in line to assume a portfolio.

The Elder gods should be kept in reserve, saved for when you want to bring about the apocalypse. The Lesser, Demi, and Elemental should be the ones that are played with the most, altho the Elemental powers are the most fun to play with, I think.

When you get into alot of different gods, and religion becomes the focus of your campain, things get sticky.

I had a player that kept praying to his god over EVERYTHING, like when he found an item that had been reveald as magic. He had gotten one answer about about some npc's who had surrenderd. And after that, he felt it was fair game to ask. When he felt that he was being ignored, he wanted to convert to another god...a bad thing to do as a paladin.

Now I try to keep religion as minimal as possible, but I also understand its importantence to the game.

Well, this ws a pantheon I made for fun, though there is a setting behind it. In that world each culture has their own pantheon and I'll probably just use the default pantheon's for the demi-humans, to lazy to make those when it took me a year to completely make all of these.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I will try to update after my exams. Or now. Here is the fluff on Sirith:

Sirith (Sir-ith) is revered for being a neutral judge, for the Gods and for the dead. All pay him respect so that he may judge the souls of loved ones equally after they have departed. Many mortals fear him for the possibility he will judge them too harshly and they will be sent somewhere to suffer for all eternity. The Gods pay him respect because he judges fairly and his judgments are final, at least to all the lawful and neutral deities of the pantheon. It is due to his unbiasedness that the other deities usually come to him to settle arguments and disagreements, when it is between two deities at least that would follow his judgments. Sirith’s natural form is as a young boy in his mid to late teens or an elderly old man. He has silver colored hair, gray eyes, and pale skin regardless of the age he appears as.

Dogma
Sirith feels that all should be treated equally, no matter others’ beliefs when it comes to good vs. evil or order vs. chaos. Everyone should be judged fairly and in an unbiased fashion and all the facts should be known before a ruling is made. Sirith values wisdom and truth, which he feels are the only things that can bring justice.

He also believes that there should always be balance between Good and Evil and Law and Chaos. This makes him look indifferent to the sufferings of the world. Sirith, his avatars, or followers are rarely willing to help any regardless of alignment and will only help when necessary to tip the scales of either spectrum into balance.

His views have also upset many deities of the pantheon since Sirith has helped one side on one occasion and then the other on the next. Other times he abstains and chooses to help neither side. His mortal followers are very much the same.

The only deity that Sirith can be described as having an alliance with is his niece, herald, and co-worker Morsais. He is said to have a soft spot for her considering he raised her and treats her like his own daughter. He shares no other alliances so as to remain unbiased when judging the dealing of the others.

Clerics and Temples
There is no organized religion for Sirith. There are however major shrines in any respectable settlement and any mortuary will have a shrine as well. He usually shares these shrines with Morsais, who does not have an organized faith either. Prayers to Sirith are always heard at funerals.

Followers of Sirth, or those who have him as their patron, are usually found working for powers as judges, trusted for their fairness and unbiased decisions, or keepers of knowledge, in Libraries or similar orders or institutions for example. They are also teachers, preaching the virtues of wisdom and knowledge.

Adventurers with Sirth as a patron are likely to be wizards, archivists, or any individual that values knowledge, wisdom, and truth.

Gouka Ryuu
2007-12-21, 09:21 AM
I've been working on this a little and i now have a family tree for the pantheon. There are a few gods on there that I'm still working on, which is why you won't be able to find them on this thread. Well here it is:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h135/GoukaRyuu/SouthernPantheonFamilyTree.jpg