PDA

View Full Version : Burn Disscusion Thread

Omega
2007-12-15, 02:05 PM
I'm working on this hand-drawn webcomic. Not sure on the name of it, the characters or villains. But what I do known is what I'm basing the comic on... everyday life. Everything that I can think of, have seen and will see will appear in the webcomic. This includes: Media-related, a weird spin on drugs/alcohol(it won't be anything used in real life, I hate that stuff! :smallyuk:), weapons/W.M.D.(a spin on that as well), items, cars(nothing fancy), and other happy things. :smallwink:

But what I need advice on is the characters/vilians and a starter for the storyline. So, can anyone help? :smallconfused:

Ichneumon
2007-12-15, 02:19 PM
I like the idea of a hand-drawn webcomic.

You need ideas? What would you think of a classical evil villain who tries to destroy/take over the world?

Marlock94
2007-12-15, 02:19 PM
well, for the characters/villains, you might want to do something based on mabye you, someone you know, or something like that. For a starter on the story line, just start out at the main characters house or something like that.

Bayar
2007-12-15, 02:22 PM
I like the idea of a hand-drawn webcomic.

You need ideas? What would you think of a classical evil villain who tries to destroy/take over the world?

That is too cliche ...try a guy that wants to seduce the hero's wife, a guy that wants to get rich by scamming in the land business...modern stuff...

Marlock94
2007-12-15, 02:25 PM
that works to.

Omega
2007-12-15, 03:39 PM
...try a guy that wants to seduce the hero's wife, a guy that wants to get rich by scamming in the land business...modern stuff...

I like them both... I like to start with the classical evil villain and add traits of the modern evil villain. That way both ideas have a fair share and that make the character seems more liked or hated.

well, for the characters/villains, you might want to do something based on mabye you, someone you know, or something like that. For a starter on the story line, just start out at the main characters house or something like that.

...hmm... good idea! For my classical/modern evil villain character, he could be the President.. no the Mayor! By him being Mayor, he will still have power(not a lot) and equally corrupted by his power(which is still not a lot).

Now that I have a main villain base, what about about the main hero base? Every villain needs a hero guy to get on his nerves, right? :smallconfused:

Bayar
2007-12-15, 03:47 PM
Basic modern hero: the guy who got tired of all the bull**** and started to fight crime...or a urban explorer that discovered something fishy and tries to sabotage it...

Omega
2007-12-15, 03:53 PM
Basic modern hero: the guy who got tired of all the bull**** and started to fight crime

That could work as well... got anymore ideas on that? :smallconfused:

Bayar
2007-12-15, 04:01 PM
dont go in the Batman style...think more of a guy with a shovel out to kick some ass, or a neigbourhood militia, or better yet, a small angry mob.

Omega
2007-12-15, 04:20 PM
dont go in the Batman style...think more of a guy with a shovel out to kick some ass

... works for me... got any names for this "hero"? :smallconfused:

Malfunctioned
2007-12-15, 04:23 PM
... works for me... got any names for this "hero"? :smallconfused:

"The Shoveller"......I love Mystery Men :smallbiggrin:

Omega
2007-12-15, 04:36 PM
"The Shoveller"......I love Mystery Men :smallbiggrin:

Well I say no to the name and yes to the Mystery Man thing... but I need name that is powerful and dramatic at the same time.

Bayar
2007-12-15, 04:39 PM
I got inspired by the shovel guy from a world's most ***** videos...think it was outrageos but cant tell... it was a naked gy in London that was with a shovel, and strolled at night on a street, breaking every shop window...

Omega
2007-12-15, 04:52 PM
I got inspired by the shovel guy from a world's most ***** videos...think it was outrageos but cant tell... it was a naked gy in London that was with a shovel, and strolled at night on a street, breaking every shop window...

:smalleek:

Well I planned on making the shovel guy become the hero because is forced too and not because he wants to.

Nameless
2007-12-15, 05:12 PM
I'm working on this hand-drawn webcomic. Not sure on the name of it, the characters or villains. But what I do known is what I'm basing the comic on... everyday life. Everything that I can think of, have seen and will see will appear in the webcomic. This includes: Media-related, a weird spin on drugs/alcohol(it won't be anything used in real life, I hate that stuff! :smallyuk:), weapons/W.M.D.(a spin on that as well), items, cars(nothing fancy), and other happy things. :smallwink:

But what I need advice on is the characters/vilians and a starter for the storyline. So, can anyone help? :smallconfused:

high five for hand drawn webcomic!

One of us, one of us! :smallcool:

Omega
2007-12-15, 05:45 PM
high five for hand drawn webcomic!

One of us, one of us! :smallcool:

*high fives Nameless*

Yeah! :smallbiggrin:

and the art won't be all that great... think stick figures like from this comic (http://www.incrediblefurpals.com/Other/DoodleMaCZ/1-10.gif)... but cleaner and a bit better. My ideas are cleaner and better! :smallsmile:

Marlock94
2007-12-15, 06:01 PM
I have an idea for the main character, how about like a person who the Mayor (or whoever your evil guy is) is like trying to kill him or something. I guess.

Omega
2007-12-15, 06:34 PM
I have an idea for the main character, how about like a person who the Mayor (or whoever your evil guy is) is like trying to kill him or something. I guess.

Actually... that is what I plan to do. :smallwink:

Magioth
2007-12-15, 07:00 PM
do it like a normal guy gets ****ed around by the system so he studies law and stumbles apon a secret the goverment is trying to hide, he then goes to stop the mayor who sends his minions one after the other. The man for appeal can be ex-marine who dreams of being a gardener but cant. That where he gets the shovel from. Also the comic relief the mayor is allergic to pollen.

Omega
2007-12-15, 07:39 PM
do it like a normal guy gets ****ed around by the system so he studies law and stumbles apon a secret the goverment is trying to hide, he then goes to stop the mayor who sends his minions one after the other. The man for appeal can be ex-marine who dreams of being a gardener but cant. That where he gets the shovel from. Also the comic relief the mayor is allergic to pollen.

...hmm... I like that... I'll mix some of that into the melting pot!

Check these pages out, they are the Hand Drawn Comic Layout!
pg 1
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/jasonphantom/img001-1.jpg
pg 2
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/jasonphantom/img002-1.jpg

Omega
2007-12-16, 07:23 AM
Alright, now that I have the character(hero and villains), the storyline... all I need now is what to do for the opening. Any ideas? :smallconfused:

Ichneumon
2007-12-16, 07:35 AM
A monologue. Start with a monologue. I like it.

Omega
2007-12-16, 07:43 AM
A monologue. Start with a monologue. I like it.

*thinks*

... works for me... I'll see if that works... :smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2007-12-16, 11:00 AM
Shall I assume then that the webcomic will be entitled "Burn"?

boomwolf
2007-12-16, 11:45 AM
Why do you need a discussion thread to a solo-comic?

anyway, I'll give my opinion as you got further. hard to tell from first comic.

Omega
2007-12-16, 03:45 PM
@Lyinginbedmon: Correct.

@Boomwolf:
1) The idea for the discussion thread was to recieve advice and such about the comic, if that is okay with you, Boomwolf, cause it is with me! :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

2) I will be looking forward to it. :smallsmile:

boomwolf
2007-12-16, 03:51 PM
Not that I have problems, i was jest wondering.
Most webcomics here have it in their comic thread.

Omega
2007-12-16, 06:13 PM
Page 2 is up! Huzzah!